- The Last of London and on to Brighton
Our last venture yesterday evening in London was a walk to Primrose Hill in drizzle. Great walk past canals and the London Zoo. From the top of the hill you can see over the city. Well, that Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 11, 2013
- 130525: 1. Roman Baths - IToday we got up, packed, and checked out of the hotel. We left our bags at the hotel to be picked up later. Then we walked to the center of Bath.
A short time later we were standing in line Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 10, 2013
- London Comes to an End (Almost)
Yesterday was a day well spent and we covered a lot of ground. First breakfast with Andrew Zammit at the Mayfair Hotel. Great company and lovely food. A real treat. Then off to Picadilly Circus, regent St, Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 9, 2013
- Our High St while we were in Oxford The Co Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Sep 9, 2013
- Lakeside DistrictTo celebrate our 4 year anniversary we took a short 4 day retreat (2 of which were just the bus ride to and from) up to the beautifully scenic Lakeside District of England. Reputed to have the most stunning natural Posted by Wongderful in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 9, 2013
- 130524: 8. Evening in Bath 2After our great dinner at Yek Yeti Yak, we headed off to the Pulteney Bridge, stopping to check out the Parade Gardens along the way. To our relief, the sky was clearing up and the sun was coming out -- Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 7, 2013
- Next step...... Hi all,
Hope you are all well. It has been a little hectic here trying to fit heaps in in a couple of days whilst in London.... I'm just sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to Denmark and Posted by JenneanB in A World away from Oz | Sep 5, 2013
- A mean time in Greenwich10th August
Greenwich is like a mini-London in its own right, albeit with a relaxed more spacious overtone. Checking it out is an automatically themed day trip of nautical navigation and scientific pursuits.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 5, 2013
- Welcome Asher Iain Zawadi!
I’m writing this through the bleary- eyed, emotional newborn haze of exhaustion, elation, love, soreness, relief and shellshock…
we were (and still are!) == th Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Sep 3, 2013
- Platform 9 3/4One of the not so sunny days I was in London, I decided to head over to Platform 9 3/4. Its in the northern part of London and a bit out of the way from most of the other attractions. Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | Aug 26, 2013
- Detective and DoctorEveryone knows who Sherlock Holmes is, Robert Downy Jr played him in 2 movies. That and he was one of the best detectives of all time. And Benedict Cumberbatch does an amazing job playing him. Seriously, watch that series. It's Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | Aug 20, 2013
- Ready To GO !Preparations complete ......... cant wait to get under way 71 Days & counting :( Posted by scottl_mitchell in Planes, Trains, Beaches & Backpacks | Aug 19, 2013
- Canterbury for the weekendFriday: I almost missed my bus. I made it with a minute to spare. I blame Carl. He shouldn't let a person with a guide book of his country decide on what time to leave. Basically there was a lot Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | Aug 18, 2013
- Preliminaries All required visa documents are now sorted, plane tickets are booked, and the flight leaves in 10 days.
Whenever I get excited I can't help thinking about how when I first told a close friend who is french about choosing Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Aug 17, 2013
- 10th to 14th August - BathSaturday 10th August – London to Bath (England)
6am start today to pack our bags (was so nice to be able to stay 4 nights in one place!) and then have breakfast and get going on our journey to Bath. Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 14, 2013
- 7th to 9th August - London (England)Wednesday 7th August – London
We are staying at Hotel Ibis – Earls Court at the moment and breakfast is included so after we had had a sleep in we went for breakfast which is English style buffet, so has cereals, Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 13, 2013
- FELIXSTOWE - Our last Bike day ! 5th August 2013Sunday morning we rode through from Cambridge to Felixstowe on the motorway - very boring but necessary.
First I had to throw out my faithful gloves - It has been a big trip !!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/228B6AB42219AC68172294932 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Aug 5, 2013
- 130524: 7. Evening in Bath 1Following our HoHo tour, we headed to the Jane Austen Centre (JAC). We made our way back to Queen Square, via Cheap St. (lol), Union St., Burton St., New Bond St., Quiet St., and Wood St., then turned up the Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Aug 5, 2013
- 130524: 6. Bath Hop on/off Bus Tour 3 - Central BathAfter stopping at the Royal Crescent we boarded another HoHo bus at stop #10 to continue our tour of Bath.
===Pictures from the second half of the HoHo bus tour===
[b]Marl Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Aug 4, 2013
- 130524: 5. Bath Hop on/off Bus Tour 2 - Royal CrescentUpon reaching the end of Brock St., we got off the bus at stop #10 - the Royal Crescent. The RC is a long, curved building ("crescent") containing individual residences (some of which were converted into a hotel). It's one Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Aug 4, 2013
- STRATFORD to OLNEY to CAMBRIDGE (England) 1, 2 & 3 AugustBefore we left Stratford we had to visit Anne Hathaway's cottage, where William Shakespeare courted his future wife Anne Hathaway (and at 18 got the 28 year old Anne "in the family way") It is quite an experience to Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Aug 3, 2013
- READING to STRATFORD-UPON-AVON (England) 28 to 31 JulySunday morning we rode out to Rykas in Box Hill (Surry) - the only place for bikers to be on any Sunday.
Well, thanks to the GPS and a ridiculous amount of traffic, we finally got there at 12.30. Apparently Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 31, 2013
- London: Harry Potter and Lunch in WatfordHogwarts, Diagon Alley and the Knight Bus...you guessed by now, it was a tour of the Warner Bros Harry Potter Studios today! This is a top-notch attraction and I would highly recommend any Harry Potter fans to visit. It far Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 30, 2013
- London: Covent Garden and ShoppingToday was a travel day. We were first whisked away by car through the skinny and crooked streets from our Paris apartment to the Gare du Nord (ie train station). We saw many near accidents and even a gigantic semi-truck Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 29, 2013
- ABERGAVENNY (Wales) to READING (England) 25 to 27 JulyBefore leaving Abergavenny we wandered around the town, not much to see except the Cod Father Fish & Chips, then we went to have a look at the old Castle which was destroyed in 1233.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/53569DEE2219AC6817FCA Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 27, 2013