- Burnham-on-Sea, Western-super-Mare and Cheddar, SomersetWe decided it was time to head to the coast. Driving along we spied a sign that said 'Grand Pier'. Into Burnham-on-Sea we headed we thought we better go check out this pier, with visions of a pier Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 3, 2015
- Sheffield - Peak District - Bristol===Peak District National Park===
Wanting to make the journey home more than just a drive back, we take a road that cuts through the stunning scenery of Peak District National Park, which became the UK's first national park in 1951.
[img=http:/ Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 26, 2015
- Bridgewater, The Chantry and Kilve BeachAfter a bit of a lazy morning we donned our Kathmandu jackets as the day was rather showery and headed to Bridgewater for some supplies. Jackie had circled places of interest on a large map so we were attempting Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 2, 2015
- Waiting, Waiting, WaitingHeathrow Airport
Been here for about three hours and still have another four to go. Really is a waste of a day but there was not enough time to do much in London, after we had done a walk to Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- Magnificent Montecute House, Summerset, EnglandSir Edward Phelip's descendans occupied the house until the early 20th century. Following a brief period when the house was let to tenants, one of whom was Lord Curzon, who lived in the house with his mistress the novelist Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 31, 2015
- London - wet and cloudyArrived via the train from Oxford and transferred to the hotel with the minimum of fuss and bother. Maybe it was because it was a holiday Sunday, but we didn’t care.
Took a wander back around the area we have Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- Stonehenge, Wiltshire, EnglandOn our first full day in Burton Summerset we decided to drive to Stonehenge. Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in Wiltshire, England. Stonehenge is the remains of a ring of standing stones set within earthworks. It Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 30, 2015
- Dunster, Summerset After a hearty breakfast, we packed and headed to Dunster. This village is one of the prettiest and most preserved medieval villages in England. The main street is lined with quaint cottages and shops. The Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 29, 2015
- Our last day in the Cotswolds and with WheelsToday is our last day in the Cotswolds and we are sharing it with many Brits savouring the last of summer as it is their August Bank Holiday weekend. We spent a fair bit of time with Helen Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- Off to UniAt last a sunny day! Can't tell you how excited we were to be driving through the country at 9.30 am and the sun was shining, showing off the beautiful patchwork of fields on either side of the Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- Edinburgh to Bristol, Bristol to SummersetIt was early out of bed, time to pack for the next part of our journey. We had to catch a flight to Bristol. It was good to have the car to drive to the airport in. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 27, 2015
- In The Heart of the CotswoldsSet off on a very grey and overcast day, but we have decided to be British and ‘keep a stiff upper lip’. Our tummies were full of scrambled egg and bacon (for Ian) and salmon (for me).
Our B & Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 27, 2015
- Bristol - Sandbach - BoltonInspired by a friend's recent Facebook posting, we are making a road trip 'Oop North' and into Scotland with my dad. We are taking it easy, using two days to get up there, stopping a couple of places along the Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 22, 2015
- Lymington to Bourton on the WaterLeft Lymington with rain on the roof and a lump in the throat. We really enjoyed our time cementing our friendship with this wonderful couple and look forward to seeing them on the ‘south side’ in March of next year.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 26, 2015
- Struggling with the InternetJust a quick note to say my computer won't connect here and all photos are on it, also blogging on the iPad is tedious, so take no news as good news and will be back on the air.....whenever. Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Exploring Our NeighbourhoodAfter a lovely day in Winchester, we stayed a little more in the area of the New Forest and its environs. After preparing a typically English picnic of Egg and Cress baguettes, we set of for an area known Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 23, 2015
- Yorkshire Trails - part 1The next instalment in my biking travels was a small tour up to Yorkshire. My parents used to holiday in Yorkshire after Kate & I left home. They loved it as much for the friendliness of the people as for Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 22, 2015
- Hampshire, South West EnglandWe have been having a great time truly experiencing life in England. Our dear friends Helen and James have made us feel so much at home and we have quickly settled into the rhythm of life. Enjoying the Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 20, 2015
- "Walking in a royal ghostery"With River Days two weekends ago I was too busy last week to write a blog entry. Thus I am feverishly chasing Mr. Hatch through England, but it seems as though he will continue to escape us. This entry details Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Aug 19, 2015
- Out of the Big SmokeIt is now Monday afternoon, UK time and we are firmly ensconced in the town of Lymington, not too far from the busy port of South Hampton. Our train ride was very uneventful, once we got the cases on Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 17, 2015
- Out and about in LondonTime to get some exercise - again, though only 13 k yesterday and 10 today. Was a bit pooped or just a bit too tired to bother last night. Went across Gloucester Road to the Stanhope Arms for Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 14, 2015
- Day 1
Here we are in the VIP lounge at New Kowloon Airport. Luckily we bumped into Mark, friend of Jenny's Literacy Leader from Mataura School who invited us in. No time for showers or chan Posted by Ian.jenny in Ian & Jenny | Aug 13, 2015
- Exploring LondonWow! It may have been a slow start after our arrival yesterday afternoon, but today we really made up for it. Heading off around 9.30 am we made for Harrods for a bit of a look around. Their Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 12, 2015
- My RamblingsCurrently sitting in Copenhagen airport waiting for a connecting flight to London and the final leg of our 2015 adventure. Seems like an appropriate time for one of my ‘intro-spectives’.
Travelling itself can definitely be broken up into two Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 12, 2015
- 7 August
Well, I'm packed...although I'm not sure I can lift the bag from the floor ;)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/90_20150807_182050.jpg thumb=http:/ Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 7, 2015