- Around the World for our Silver Wedding 2002Some 15 years or so previously we started to put a little bit of money away each month for a luxury Caribbean Cruise for our silver wedding. As the date got nearer and nearer, the more we realised that luxury Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 19, 2002
- London Or BUST!!In just 11 short days I will be boarding a plane to LONDON!! I cannot believe that I have been able to explore Europe twice in one year!!
We are flying into London for 4 days and then traveling Posted by TravelingSusan in Desperately Seeking Susan | Oct 20, 2015
- We be "WorkAwayers"Two of the greatest expenses that are incurred during travels can be food and shelter. Hotels are expensive and cannot be sustained by most budgets over long periods of time, while rentals such as AirBnB also tend to hit Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | Oct 17, 2015
- We're so ready it's frightening There may be a few useless blogs whilst we are trying to work this site out
xkx Posted by Karaandlewis in Just popped out for a pint of milk | Oct 12, 2015
- A Yorkshire Heartbeat Lovers of the BBC television series ‘Heartbeat’ will immediately recognise this façade of Vernon Scripps' garage and funeral home in the fictional village of Aidensfield, North Yorkshire…
Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 10, 2015
- A Wet Day in Whitby
It is the 8th of October and it is National Poetry Day in the U.K. The British poetic lexicon abounds with stormy visions of the sea and needs no supplementation from us amateurs. However Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 8, 2015
- Suffolk Real EstateSituated in the east of England to the north of London, the pastoral county of Suffolk offers a peaceful alternative to those wishing to escape the hustle and bustle of the metropolis. Life is slow, almost backward, in this rural Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Oct 6, 2015
- Visiting Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace is only open for a short time every year while Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh take their annual holidays in Sandringham, Scotland. As we had visited many royal palaces on our long trip it was Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Oct 5, 2015
- Rugby, Rubgy... more RugbyI’ve been staying with Ritu and she makes the most wonderful home cooked meals. One night she made butter chicken… from scratch. It was amazing and delicious. How am I ever going to go back to take out Indian food??
Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Oct 2, 2015
- "They're Changing the Guards at Buckingham Palace"Wherever I go in England I seem to get reminded of songs with the place names. When out and about in London feel like I am making progress around the monopoly board. This morning after a sleepless night Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Oct 1, 2015
- Convent Garden, British Cycle Tour Finish, LondonAfter a sleep in we decided to catch the underground to a subway near Prince Edward Theatre. Once we found the theatre where Miss Saigon was being held we headed off to find a booking office, several near here. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 30, 2015
- Madam Tussuard's, Primrose Hill and Swiss CottageIt was Saturday in London, we set off first to visit Madam Tussuard's. We found our way to Kings Cross Station. At our entry point to our underground destination they had just stopped the train line due to Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 30, 2015
- From Leeds to London!My first rugby world cup game was amazing. I was given roaming status as a photographer which meant I wasn't stuck in a fixed position and could walk around, get in the stands, WALK ON THE FIELD, AHHH, I HAD Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Sep 27, 2015
- York to Stegness, Stegness to Kent, Kent to LondonAll good things come to an end, it was time to clean and vacuum our York house swap. We said our goodbyes to Harley the shared cat and left his bowl full of food. You would think he Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 26, 2015
- Last night in Ireland, off to LeedsMy ribs hurt from laughing. I don't know if it's because we're delirious from not sleeping or everything really is this funny, but Ireland has really been a blast. My last day Ashlea brought me to an art park and Posted by traveling_paj in Backpacking Paj | Sep 25, 2015
- And we're back!We made it round the world visiting 14 incredible countries and meeting so many great people. We've learnt a lot and had a lot of fun! There were so many highlights it's impossible to choose but favourites include, for Sar, Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 25, 2015
- Westward Ho!First let me apologize for the extended delay between this entry and the most recent. The RAHS is hosting a new event on Saturday October 10th from 2-5pm, so most of my time has been spent organizing and collaborating to Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Sep 23, 2015
- Walking the walls of the walled city of YorkWe caught the bus into the city. The bus stop was just across the road. Buses came past about every 10 minutes. It was good not having to find a car park. I had a well Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 23, 2015
- Our Coastal Drive in Yorkshire, EnglandWe enjoyed our Steam train ride from Pickering to York, so decided to do a coastal trip. It was a beautiful sunny day. We drove through the Yorkshire Moors. What a beautiful site with the moors a sea Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 23, 2015
- Pickering to Whitby, YorkFollowing on from our visit to the Train Museum in York the day before we decided to drive to Pickering and catch the steam train to the coastal town of Whitby. We parked and paid then realised it was Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 20, 2015
- York Railway MuseumWe caught the bus to York and wandered around the city. I suddenly thought I should get my hair cut, went into a shop to make an appointment. Of course you can't do it straight away as needed Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 15, 2015
- Leeds to YorkAfter a good night sleep in our comfortable bed and a late leave time we felt refreshed and ready for the next adventure. We arrived in York at 2.00am. This place we found no problem and as it Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 13, 2015
- LondonSlept in this morning and had a late start as I was trying to pack my bag to see if everything fits. It might.
Today was sunny and warm.
Left the hotel about 10:00am and caught the train to Westminster, where I Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 13, 2015
- Sunny England ;)A short flight took us from Greece to England where the fabulous Sue Larmer picked us up from Luton airport! Thanks Sue!!
I realise that we have been living in the tropics of Greek Islands for four months... but I Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Sep 12, 2015
- Dublin to Manchester, Manchester to LeedsAfter our very busy last day in Ireland we were happy to get a good night's rest at The Clayton Hotel near Dublin airport. We had to leave early as had a car to drop off, no scratches once Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 11, 2015