- London callingThe trip over to London is uneventful, we arrive safely and quickly get thru customs and immigration. We arrived to find our happy face of the tour manager Jordy waiting for us. Since our arrival was early in the Posted by alitabrown in HMGT Study tour 2015 | May 5, 2015
- Jet laggedI have been too tired to write anything, Jet lag really got me this time, must be getting old!
We arrived at Heathrow right on time. As soon as we were off the plane I was assisted to a cart Posted by Lyndoug1 in Keeping up with the Douglas's | May 5, 2015
- Day 33 - What to do about boat people?Back in 1909 William Henry Hewton jumped ship at Brisbane and took up with Dora Hopp and we have been plagued with Hewton boat people ever since! Tony Abbott should really focus on this particular group of undesirable boat people Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 13, 2015
- Day 30 - I've think I have done a terrible thing!Still on the trail of John Newman Holdman and this morning I set off for the adjacent town of Nailsworth. If the information provided to me yesterday is correct that John Newman Holdman lived in Watledge (and this is Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 10, 2015
- Day 29 - Newman, Oldman or Holdman?Today is the start of my family research and in this particular instance, my mother’s side of the family. So this post would most likely be of interest to my Newman relatives.
Left London early to catch the train to Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 9, 2015
- Day 25 - Royalty and DemocracyA tiring day, but ultimately a good day.
Today there was the “Colonel’s Review” which is in reality a dress rehearsal for the trooping of the colours, which occurs next Saturday. It did not have all the fancy carriages, but Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 6, 2015
- London churchesWe set off armed with a new book of historical church sites, the best tour guide London has to offer me and we hit the streets in search of perfect steeples, spires, ruins and history. Again we found Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 3, 2015
- last day on tour2/5/15
This morning we got a sleep in and didn’t have to be at breakfast until 7.45. We left Cardiff and headed for Bath crossing back into England.
Bath is the home of Georgian architecture and you guessed it baths. We Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 4, 2015
- Pussy cat Pussy catPussy cat pussy cat where have you been? I've been to London to visit the Queen's baby announcement board, seen her horses and some of the horsemen....outside the palace...👑
We could not blog last night...too tired from gallavanting around looking at... Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 3, 2015
- Getting awayHaving been safely deposited at the airport by Ally we set off at 6:10 for a 10 and a half hour flight to Dubai. Carrying extra in backpacks incase of lost luggage our first flight promised a relaxing start Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 2, 2015
- Coming to EnglandWe were staying in La Fleche for two nights. And then we were going on the Eurostar train across the channel to england. The channel tunnel was 280 baguettes depth under sea level that is 120 meters below sea level. Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | May 1, 2015
- London Day 1Ate fish and chips Posted by bjchristie3 in Trip Through Europe | Apr 30, 2015
- england by busSo yesterday we started our top deck tour. We walked the long 150m to the other hotel were the tour left from.
We are on a brand new Volvo top deck bus. There are 24 of us on the tour Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 21, 2015
- Morning has brokenI said it was a peaceful campsite. How noisy are birds? Woke up at 6am with the morning chorus. The field wa Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Apr 20, 2015
- mixed fortunesSo today and yesterday have been a mixed bag.
Yesterday we went looking for more Shaun the sheep with no luck, Naomi even bought the app and it lied. Several times it said “congratulations you have found a new Shaun” and Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 18, 2015
- Packed lunchSo today was another day of sightseeing around London. We took the underground and made our way to Madam Tussards, we didn’t know quite a few of the wax figures as I guess they were famous British people but they Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 16, 2015
- London CallingAfter what seemed like an endless flight we have made it to London. It was a beautiful 20 degrees and sunny on our arrival. We have navigated buying an oyster card to use the underground train system. Earls court is Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 14, 2015
- England - Day two - Tuesday 7th AprilTuesday 7th April
We Posted by kerry needs in 2015 UK trip | Apr 10, 2015
- England - Day 1 - Monday 6th April[right][/right]Monday 6th April
We got up early and ate breakfast in the restaurant. The things we learned are to stay away from the scrambled eggs (they Posted by kerry needs in 2015 UK trip | Apr 8, 2015
- Day one - Sunday 5th April Sunday 5th April
We left Melbourne for Singapore at 1.00 am. Plane was full and getting to the toilet was an issue at times. The service on Singapore Airlines was, as usual, very professional from the crew Posted by kerry needs in 2015 UK trip | Apr 8, 2015
- LondonAh London Town there's always so much to do! We were in Town for three gorgeously sunny days. Which of course meant we spent a lot of time outside.
Taylor has never been to London so after checking into the Posted by GraceD in Grace Dwomoh | Apr 8, 2015
- Lotsa London!
I'm not sure if it was because I sat up on night watch when we arrived or because our hotel bed is twice the size of a road in Ireland - but I slept in this morning - and it Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 3, 2015
- Worth the Wait!Some things are worth the wait. Today brought three of them - along with more sunshine!
This morning, our wait was next to the fence outside of Buckingham Palace. We arrived early so that we could have a bird's eye view Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 2, 2015
- Doinking London!Relocation was the first item on this morning's agenda and after much searching and God's good grace, we found ourselves an unusually exquisite hotel room (for us!) in the City Centre just beside the London Bridge and Tower. We dropped Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 2, 2015
- 'Ello England!
We had hoped to be done driving when we left Scotland, but we took one look at our options for getting to Stongehenge and decided that 2+ hours on a tour bus smothered in people was beyond what we had Posted by akgearhard in Chasing Dreams | Apr 1, 2015