- Pub dinner at the Hoop ( In Stock - England ) Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 14, 2014
- Hello EnglandWifi has been difficult for a couple of days, only available in the dining area of the Lindisfarne Inn at Beal, but what a few days it has been. We departed Edinburgh Monday morning and headed south. We Posted by gillianharvie in Celtic Pilgrimage | Aug 13, 2014
- Paris Post - Part 37/19 – 7/25 Week 4 Paris
Le Jardin de Tuileries is a huge garden in front of the Louvre with sweeping grass fields and an amusement park. One of the highlights of my week was picnicking and playing football in Posted by cutler.claire in Calico Dreamin' | Aug 10, 2014
- Royale with Cheese and Looking for Lee Ho Fook'sI have spent the past week or so in two of Europe's largest cities. I arrived in Paris on Sunday evening (August 3rd). After checking in and planning what I wanted to do for the next few days Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 8, 2014
- Sunday Was The Day We Saw Beatrix Potter's HouseWe woke up on Sunday morning, quickly got dressed and went down to our buffet breakfast. My breakfast consisted of runny baked beans and twice the amount of bacon I had originally wanted. Anyway we made our way back up Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 5, 2014
- Our means of transport in Cornwall Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 5, 2014
- 5 roundhouses for vicars daughters Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 5, 2014
- Saturday we drove through the Yorkshire Moors and DalesOur last day in York...Pete headed off to the local hospital to have his stitches removed after I was reluctant to do it for him. The wound still looked quite deep and inflamed. The doctor at the hospital removed them Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 4, 2014
- Cornish pasty recipe - if you want to try making themIngredients
450g plain flour
115g chilled butter, cut into small cubes
115g chilled white vegetable fat (such as Trex, or lard)
1/4 teaspoon salt
cold water to mix
350g beef, cut into small slivers, almost shaved but NOT mince Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 4, 2014
- Monsieur Le Chat Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 4, 2014
- Friday we were in YorkDay two in York. A cooler day to what we had previously on the tour but still pleasant. After advice from the receptionist at the YHA we decided to walk into York town centre via the Dame Judi Dench river Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 4, 2014
- Thursday was the day we traced Nana's heritageWe headed out from Stratford for York, via Rugby, Nottingham, Chatsworth House and Goole.
We were pleased with our Stratford apartment. Two bedrooms, one with an ensuite, good kitchen and a living area. Tescos just over the road. Brilliant.
First st Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 2, 2014
- Alex updating
Three days ago we went to London. We saw buckingham palace, Big Ben, the Tower of London, London Bridge, the london eye and
the gherkin. We also went on a Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Aug 2, 2014
- A Brief Intro To My Travel Plans[code][/code]==A BRAVE NEW WORLD==
[b]I'm sat at home, in Worcester, attempting to permanently de-clutter my life. Selling eve Posted by Theislandman in Simon's Travels | Aug 1, 2014
- One day to go!Hi guys, I set this blog up to keep you updated where I am and what I'm doing rather than just posting annoying things on facebook - ooh look at me in Berlin, ooh look at me eating a sachertorte Posted by japonica in My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.. | Aug 1, 2014
- Fern's Trip to Stratford Upon AvonWednesday 30 July 2014
Hi Everyone, I haven’t made a post for a while so thought I had better check in.
Yesterday I arrived a Stratford Upon Avon – the birth place of William Shakespeare. It’s a lovely quaint wee township with Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 30, 2014
- Wednesday was the day we went to Blenheim HouseToday is Wednesday and after Dad dragged me out of bed we headed off to Blenheim Palace through the Cotswolds.
We headed off at 9am in our car Theo (Everyone else calls him Enie) in our Summer clothes with our new Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 30, 2014
- Shakespeare's Home TownTuesday 29 July 2014
We awoke to a beautiful day in Stratford and decided to head off into town and jump on the hop on hop off bus to tour Shakespeare’s family homes. As luck would have it we misinterpreted what Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 30, 2014
- Wirksworth, EnglandHi people
We are staying in Wirksworth for a few days. It has a population of just under 6000. The house is cuteand has a three legged ginger cat! Sometimes it thinks that it is scratching itself when it's leg isn't Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Monday was a day from hell....This would easily be our worst day on tour so far! Some of it our doing, some due to others, and some just because that’s the way it is.
First up we had to pick up our rental car at Kings Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 29, 2014
- It was Sunday, so we went to Hampton CourtWe had a leisurely start to our day, and it was good not having to rush. We headed out to Hampton Court for the day. The Palace is very impressive and is a mix of the Tudor era and the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 29, 2014
- Day 54 - Gullivers==Gullivers Kingdom==
Today we took the kids to an amusement park called Gullivers Kingdom, in Matlock Bath, just ten minutes down the road. We had intended to take them to their first theme park somewhere on the trip, and since we Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- Village FeteSaturday 12th July was the Cuddington village fete. Cuddington is the village where Sophie and Christian go to school. We went along so the children could experience all the fun, silly games and activities that make up an Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Jul 28, 2014
- update from Bixy..Yes it was a great time had by all.
We saw all the sights - some cultural (Amiens Cathedral) - some more "French" cultural (man standing on side of road peeing in bush of garden); some English humour we wont mention which Posted by PBish1 in France (again) - 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- Day 53 - Chatsworth HouseToday we headed to Chatsworth house in Bakewell. On the way there we were surprised as to how close everything is situated in the Derbyshire Dales. Quaint towns are only five minutes apart and the places we wanted to visit Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 27, 2014