- My RamblingsCurrently sitting in Copenhagen airport waiting for a connecting flight to London and the final leg of our 2015 adventure. Seems like an appropriate time for one of my ‘intro-spectives’.
Travelling itself can definitely be broken up into two Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 12, 2015
- 7 August
Well, I'm packed...although I'm not sure I can lift the bag from the floor ;)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/90_20150807_182050.jpg thumb=http:/ Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 7, 2015
- Return to the UKThe ferry ride back across the channel brought feelings of relief, sadness, excitement, exhaustion and accomplishment. We had a much needed wine and positioned ourselves in the play area where the boys couldn't get up to too much trouble.
[img=http://p Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 18, 2014
- Portsmouth is FunBy James
The last place we went in England was Portsmouth. When we got to Portsmouth we checked in at our hotel and went for a walk along the South Sea prom. We walked along the prom until we got to Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Aug 1, 2015
- "Well where did I leave off?"William Hatch was never one to be short on words. Though his descriptions of places and people and experiences are relatively succinct, he nevertheless ends up writing pages and pages each day to his wife Nellie. He is a romantic. Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Jul 31, 2015
- Five countries in three days. Let the riding begin!
Departure: Grevbo Sweden 6:00 Sunday 19 July. That's when our fun, fun, fun started in ernest. Van packed with bags and bikes and Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian rally tour 2015 | Jul 24, 2015
- Pile of RocksOn the Saturday between days 2 and 4 of the Test, David Walton drove us to Stonehenge with his son Zaak. Jacinda, Louisa and myself caught the train to Reading and we were picked up there. The train was an Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 24, 2015
- Lords - The Home of Cricket and CorksWe Took two trains to get to Lords. First the Piccadilly Line then Jubilee Line to St John's Wood Station, about 500m from Lords Cricket Ground. Still feeling jet lagged but excited to be at the first day of Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 21, 2015
- Walking in the Lake District and the Yorkshire DalesSo after a lot of wars between myself and technology (score: technology 20, Sue 0), this is hopefully my last ditch attempt to yield success! David came across this site, and he has been plotting our journey on a map. Posted by suel1960 in Sue's 2015 adventure continued | Aug 16, 2015
- Up Up and AwayThe planning, phase of the 6 week holiday mainly by Louisa....well mostly by Louisa......all by Louisa, finally has moved into execution mode and we board our flight to London via Dubai at 10:50pm Tuesday night.
Louisa had booked us seats on Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 19, 2015
- Charming Chatsworth House We left Romney Green and headed for Chatsworth House. Years before when visiting England we were travelling back from somewhere with Janine and Tim we drove down a long drive and this beautiful house appeared. We didn't have time to Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 13, 2015
- Goodbye to Rodney Green We had been rather spoilt with Gillian and Tonys hospitality while staying in Rodney Green. After a quiet morning we decided to take Gillian for lunch. We went to the closest restaurant of the one we didn't end up going Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 13, 2015
- Goodrich Castle, Eastnor Castle, Gloucestershire Cathedral Getting around England with the Garmin a lot easier now that we have learnt a few more tricks of how to us it. If visiting somewhere we could Google where we were going then put in the postcode. This Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 13, 2015
- Blenheim PalaceFriday was hair appointment day, Kate did a good job. Better to get hair sorted where English is the main language or might turn pink!! Hayley it might suit you but definitely would not look good on me. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 12, 2015
- Snowshill Manor and GardenGillian recommended that we visit Snowshill Manor and Garden, a National Trust site. On the way we visited the Fleece Inn. It has been around for 6 centuries. This is one of England's oldest pubs. We had coffee here Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 11, 2015
- Out and about in Birmingham As I was falling apart at the seam, Gillian arranged a dentist appointment for me. The cap on my tooth fell off. I chose a good place for it to happen, with no language barriers. Tony suggested Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 10, 2015
- Hanbury Hall We headed off to see some local markets. Just browsed, there was jewellery, clothes, chocolates etc. They had a nice restaurant here as well but we just walked around the lake where we photographed a duck with her Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 10, 2015
- Kenilworth Castle In the morning I had to go and have a colour test to make sure I wasn't allergic to the hair dye. In England this is the law. We followed Gillian to the Hairdressers and she showed us where Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 8, 2015
- Baddeley Clinton, WarwickshireAfter a yummy Sunday breakfast we set out to explore. We headed to a place recommended by Gillian for lunch. Apon arriving we headed to a rather full car park. We found no parks then a christening party Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 6, 2015
- Haddon Hall a Highlight The day before we had lunch in an old pub in the charming village of Leek. We love these villages that are full of character. After leaving Derby we decided to back track to Bakewell. This is Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 5, 2015
- Manchester for two nightsAfter spending three weeks in Spain, landing in Manchester felt like a culture shock in reverse. We managed to find our hotel okay after quick spotting by me that we had to take a road to the back entrance. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 4, 2015
- Day 2: London, BabyAfter barely sleeping through the night, I dragged my jetlagged self up at 8 am to shower and get ready. Carolyn and I got a passable free breakfast at the hostel and then went to meet Menaka who was spending Posted by kruntha in Misthu's Travel Blog | Jul 1, 2015
- Bath Day 3Saturday 27th June
"Cows have made the headlines this week as a man sadly died when trampled by cattle."
This happened in 2013 but the inquest is still ongoing today and is in the news. So our nervousness about the cattle Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 27, 2015
- Lyrical BalladsWe last left Mr. Hatch exploring the charming town of Chester, just south of Liverpool in England. He and his traveling partners - Mr. Ed Harper and his wife - spent just two more days in Chester before setting off Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Jun 26, 2015
- Bath Day 2Friday 26th June
Things are winding down here. Our apartment is just a great place to relax and unwind. So the pull to go out and walk, look and discover is fast receding. Our thoughts are turning to Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 26, 2015