- The beginningI haven't written anything about the build up to this trip so I will make it short and sweet. After my year off......yeah I like to go on about it....I went into work feeling abit hard done by not Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 19, 2013
- Pleasant Pastures GreenIt really does exist! England experiences sunshine for more than a day at a time, and we have made the most of it during our 10 days of family time back in England following our rather soggy Scotland sojourn. Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Jun 11, 2013
- Explore The City of Opportunity - Day 3It is my last day here in London so I planned something very special. My first destination is London's greatest site, [[http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing/tourist-attraction/big-ben|Big Ben]]. It is the nickname for the great bell of the Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- Explore The City of Opportunity - Day 1 & 2I am now London, England and it is bright sunny afternoon. I got a taxi and head to Lancaster London Hotel to stay for 4 days and 3 nights.
Just outside of my hotel is a garden which happens to Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- England After a lot of research I have successively narrowed down all the places I would like to visit in the world to three continents Europe, Asia and Oceania. I have looked for the best deals, Posted by kquintal in My dream trip | Jun 9, 2013
- Destination of the Week: London!And I'm not talking London, Ontario. That's right folks, I am currently in London, England (for 5 days)!!! After travelling 7100 km and taking a 10 hour 10 min plane ride (including 1 hour stop in St. Lucia) to London Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, GoodbyeThe bags are all packed (down to 2.5 Stone), all our affairs are in order and now it's time to say goodbye.
Friday saw the start of goodbyes to friends, with drinks in The Orange Tree. We were amazed at the Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jun 9, 2013
- London, England Day 2 On my second day in London, England I took hop on and off sightseeing tour all over the city. This gave me the opportunity not only to ride the famous Posted by liezelmarie in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2013
- The Lakes District
Well the birds woke us before the alarm did! Went for a walk around the Main streets of Keswick and then drove down to the nearby lake. Decided on a cruise circumnavigating the lake on the Lady Derwentwater. Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Jun 7, 2013
- London, England Day 1 After my trip in the Northern Hemisphere, I flew to Western Europe. I visited three different countries here and the first was England, more specifically, London, England. I took a Posted by liezelmarie in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 6, 2013
- Ahhh! not long now==How is all of this going to get in our bags?==
So we have been organised and sorted all our luggage out in piles;
* The important stuff, Passports, V Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jun 6, 2013
- Duh Dumfries
Took the A7 down to Dumfries and didn't like the area at all. Very flat and uninteresting.
Steve went chasing some McNelley family history at the local historical society without much luck. We lunched by the 'river' and Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Jun 6, 2013
- Cheers to Colchester==Foodie moment==
===For the first time this trip I am giving the foodie moment to us! In order to enjoy the red wine we brought back from Bordeau for Barbabra, she decided roast lamb would be a good match. We cooked Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 5, 2013
- Celebrity encounter4 June 2013
In London yesterday with a headache that was forecasting the cold that made its way around the coach on my second tour. Today it's a runny nose, sore throat (still a headache) but I have a discount Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | Jun 4, 2013
- Day 26Hope felt fine this morning. We had a lovely breakfast and great chat with Ian and Helga and Jenny (the lady who runs the B&B with her husband).
We are doing a walk at Seathwaite (on the Derwent River Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 4, 2013
- Day 25We awoke to another beautiful day. It is rainy on average for 40% of the time in the Lake District – but we have had wonderful weather. There were two other couples with us for breakfast - the couple with Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 3, 2013
- Day 24The B&B in Ings is an old manse (or should it be vicarage) which has been done up very nicely. It is built of small stones, usually less than 30 centimetres long and usually only about 10 centimetres thick – Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 2, 2013
- Riding the Royal Wave=="I have to be seen to be believed." - Queen Elizabeth II==
===Foody heaven in London can otherwise be known as the Borough Market. Although we went on a day when not all stalls were open, the selection of multicultural Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 2, 2013
- A day with 'Lizzy' and a night with 'Billy'!==="Mrs. Wilkinson: This'll sound strange, Billy, but for some time now I've been thinkin' of the Royal Ballet School.
Billy: Aren't you a bit old, miss?
Mrs. Wilkinson: No, not me... you! I'm the bloody teacher!"
-Billy Elliot - The Musical ===
Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 2, 2013
- Sunny Days (And Murder) Around London Town=="I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too." - Elizabeth I ==
=="It is eerie being all but alone in Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 1, 2013
- Day 23We had a hearty breakfast before leaving for our long drive to Ings in the Lake District – a distance of 225 miles. We drove mainly on the M5 and M6 which are really good highways. We had two stops Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | May 31, 2013
- Day 22I had black pudding in my breakfast this morning (much to Hope’s disgust!). I can’t say that I really liked it. It rained all day today. We had planned to go to Oxford for a visit after breakfast. However Hope Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | May 31, 2013
- Day 21We started the day with breakfast in a room with flagstone floors looking out on the garden. We then decided to walk to a neighbouring village through farmland and woodlands along the Coln River. The name of the village is Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | May 31, 2013
- Don't lose your head, it's just the Tower of London!=="Who comes there?", "The keys.", "Whose keys?", "Queen Elizabeth's keys.", "Pass Queen Elizabeth's Keys. All's well.", "God preserve Queen Elizabeth.", "Amen!" - The ceremony of the keys conducted each night at 10pm at the Tower of London==
==[u]Cult Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | May 30, 2013
- 'Meet the Fosters' in London==Please Mind the Gap!==
===We felt like a quiet night in so hit up the local Tescos fo Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | May 30, 2013