- Day Seven at Kate and Robert's HouseThis morning we got up at 5:30AM to get a ride from Robert to Winchester. He had to head that way for a meeting and offered to drop us off there and pick us up on his way home. Posted by lineke.rich in Our Trips | Oct 4, 2012
- Day SixKate took us to Bletchley, a couple of hours drive north, to pick up her father-in-law, Arnold Hargreaves. Neil drove there and Kate guided him around all the various traffic circles. They don't have on ramps and off Posted by lineke.rich in Our Trips | Oct 3, 2012
- Day FiveWe spent the day in London and what a long day it was! Kate drove us to the train station this morning at 10:00AM and we just got home (11:45PM). We began the day at Liberty's - probably Posted by lineke.rich in Our Trips | Oct 2, 2012
- Beatrix PotterI went to The World of Beatrix Potter. I ate lunch there. For lunch I ate a sandwich and for dessert I ate a cupcake. I went to her garden. There were bunnies in the garden. Posted by MadelineK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 10, 2012
- The one behind Peter Rabbit and so many moreOur Grandma loves Beatrix Potter's work and has read a mystery series about her, so we decided to go visit her house when we were in the Lake District.
First we went to a little museum that had scenes from her Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 10, 2012
- Family HistoryWe went from York to Appletreewick to see a place where our family is from. The drive was very long, but pretty. The road was really narrow and only one car could go down at a time. Posted by MadelineK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 8, 2012
- Fourth DayI was going to go into London today but changed my mind in favour of going to the beach with Neil and Kate. We went to Rye today and to Camber Sands. It was very stormy and Posted by lineke.rich in Our Trips | Oct 1, 2012
- Postman Pat, Postman PatLate checkout again this morning - the English have the rather civilised trend of making 11am the default checkout time for most hotels, which I think should be adopted throughout Australia. The girl at reception is super friendly, and Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Sep 30, 2012
- Day ThreeTook a bit of a rest day today. Went for a lovely walk in a forest near here with Kate and the dogs. Did some research into buying tickets for the play
War Horse. Did some calling around Posted by lineke.rich in Our Trips | Sep 30, 2012
- Easter in England!
Gran(Grandma Steads) lemonade didn't know they sold it.
Me out the front of Knole house.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/15521 Posted by bstead in Traveltime in Europe | Sep 30, 2012
- Merry go rounds, city walls and Vikings, oh my!I had fun running near the river Ouse in York. It was our first time walking on the city walls and I liked it. I went on a merry go round. I went up many stairs to a tower. Up Posted by James07 in Klemmerabilia | Sep 7, 2012
- York is great!I liked York because I got to walk on the city walls. I had never done that before. It was really exciting! The city walls once surrounded a castle. I had tea time at a place Posted by MadelineK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 7, 2012
- From City walls to Viking poopAfter London we went to York where we stayed for two nights. We tried Yorkshire pudding which is made out of eggs, flour and water. They ate it when they didn't have any meat. We walked on the city walls Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 7, 2012
- You have Breakfast at Tiffany's, I'll do lunch at HarrodsLast Christmas, I was given a very generous gift of a gift card to Harrods. Harrods is a high end department store in West London. The store has one million square feet of retail space, making it the Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 30, 2012
- Off with your head!One of my favorite things so far would be the Tower of London. The guide wore a yeoman outfit. We learned some very interesting things. The buildings are so old. There was the Bloody Tower, White Tower, Bell Tower, Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 2, 2012
- Harry Potter!We have eaten foods like butterbeer at the Harry Potter Experience. I liked getting a wand and the chocolate candy frogs.
At the gates of Hogwarts
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by James07 in Klemmerabilia | Sep 4, 2012
- The Making of Harry PotterNear London, we went to the Harry Potter Experience. We went on a Harry Potter double decker bus to get there. I just finished the first Harry Potter book, so it was cool to see some of the things I Posted by MadelineK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 4, 2012
- An Amazing ExperienceYesterday we went to the Harry Potter Experience. We watched a short presentation and it ended with the screen going up and the Great Hall door is right there! It seems much bigger in the movies. Then, once you go Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 4, 2012
- Shakespearean timesWhile in London, we took a day trip to Statford-upon-Avon, where Shakespeare was born and lived. We saw the place he was born, his wife's house (Anne Hathaway's Cottage) and his mom's farm (Mary Arden's Farm). While we were there, Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 3, 2012
- Shakespeare's MomAt Mary Arden’s farm I liked the pigs. I liked seeing the barn owl program. I liked when Madeline got to swing the owl off her arm to make him fly away. I also liked feeding the goats.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/503187/IMG_7330.jp Posted by James07 in Klemmerabilia | Sep 3, 2012
- "An old house with old stuff"We also went to John Wesley's house in London. He was an important person. There was a thing I could climb up and talk like they did in the old days. I saw some old clothes and went inside his Posted by James07 in Klemmerabilia | Aug 31, 2012
- Lovely LondonWe started our trip in London where we stayed for 5 days. We saw a lot of historical sites such as Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace. Westminster Abbey is full of history. Sir Issac Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 6, 2012
- The "Tube"In London, I rode the subway. I got to stand up and hold onto the bars. Before you get off they say "Mind the Gap!" In London, they call the subway the “tube.” Sometimes the tube is really crowded, other Posted by MadelineK in Klemmerabilia | Aug 30, 2012
- Mary Arden's farmWhen we went to Mary Arden's farm (Shakespeare’s mom) in Stratford Upon Avon, I fed the goats. I also saw baby goats. I got to be a volunteer to hold a barn owl. The owl's name was Issy. The owl's Posted by MadelineK in Klemmerabilia | Sep 3, 2012
- Grand Final dayAn early start this morning - up and listening to the grand final on the iPad from about half time, what a close game, I'm glad I'm not a swans or hawks supporter! But obviously the right team one, Posted by Buccas in UK adventure 2012 | Sep 30, 2012