- London 2014[img=http://photos. Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- Stratford-Upon-AvonSpent the afternoon in the Bard's city. There were several monuments with various Shakespeare quotes engraved on them. It was a small town with pretty buildings and interesting stores. We visited a couple of candy stores and enjoyed lunch at Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 6, 2014
- UPDATE!!Our luggage arrived Sunday evening after 7pm!! Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 5, 2014
- We made it, but it hasn't been smooth sailingOur flight into Minneapolis was running late and we had 20 minutes to get off the plane and board our flight to Paris before it's take off time. Of course, our gate was practically on the other side of the Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 5, 2014
- London City Airport (LCY)You can see the docklands railway behind the plane. We are on Alitalia in 35min.
None of the people we have spoken to in the UK have ever actually been to this airport. More frequent trav Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 2, 2014
- London City Airport, Rome, here we comeAt the moment, we're sitting at London CIty Airport awaiting our flight to Rome.
Yesterday, the morning was spent repacking our bags and having another feast for lunch, cold meats, salads, cheeses, and real fresh bread.
After our sad fairwells to Ma Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 2, 2014
- Jack emulates Douglas BaderDay three of Jack's Tours saw us heading to the Imperial War Museum's Duxford Exhibition.
We packed a overnight bag and set off after breakfast for Duxford and it’s amazing collection of aircraft and other displays. The exhibition is housed in Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Oct 1, 2014
- Verulamium TheatreFrom AD140
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 1, 2014
- See you in a year Hudder's house! Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 30, 2014
- De Havilland Mosquito MuseumOne of the Mosquito planes in the museum, with some sample armaments beneath. The Mosquito was made largely of wood, and was the fastest plane in most combat zones until quite late in WWII
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 30, 2014
- St Albans, HertfordshireWe arrived here to Terry and Margaret's place in St Albans (just north of London) mid-afternoon.
By the time we emptied the campervan (which seriously felt like a huge truckload), George took the four of us to Watford to pick Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 30, 2014
- Swapped campervan for new PeugeotWe swapped over the campervan for a brand new Peugeot 3008, again an upgrade from the old Opal/Vauxhall/Holden I booked.
Very nice car, with a surprising amount of space. I got the manual which is very zippy, on diesel, with an Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 30, 2014
- Jack's Tours - Towards IpswichJack’s house in Hellesdon is on the outer fringes of Norwich with the Norwich Airport just up the road and countryside just beyond. It was a lovely morning and with the prospect of my 10k run at Loch Ness in Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 29, 2014
- LondonTower of London, mark 2, this morning. Tour was excellent. A yeoman, beefeater, took the tour. Very funny and informative. Lots to see with many varied exhibits of Kings and queens in England since Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 29, 2014
- Walking to the parkAfter a late lunch with Margaret & Terry. It is a short walk away, and well covered with trees, which is handy since we are having the first real English weather for a while.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 29, 2014
- London to the big wide world!!!So after a mad rush to make sure I have everything and a little panic attack cos my camera wasn't in my bag, I said goodbye to two little beauts who came to see their aunty Ady off. My dad Posted by Ady88 in Ady's Adventure of Awesomeness | Sep 29, 2014
- England Day 8: Keep Calm and Carry OnWe woke up about 8:30a and Mike was feeling much better today. We wanted to see the Horse Guards at 10a so we headed to Bermondsey station by the apartment only to find out that the Jubilee line was Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- England Day 7: Where East Meets WestToday we had pre-booked a 9:15a tour of Parliament and then planned to take the ferry out to Greenwich for the afternoon. Mike still wasn't feeling well so we decided he would stay home and rest in the morning and Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- LondonWe set off to do the Tower of London tour in the morning. Instead we had a London Underground tour. A combo of Sunday and closed lines caused grief with our navigation skills. By the time we Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 28, 2014
- Off to England....Three train journeys today would take us from Amiens to Calais, then London, then Norwich.
After the ticket dramas at Le Harve we decided to print our tickets well before departure. Our first attempt to print the tickets the previous night Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 28, 2014
- England Day 6: Hatless Horse RacingMike woke up this morning not feeling well. He was having a flare up of his FMF so he took some medication and went back to sleep for a while. We had plans to take the train to Ascot for Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- Au revoir France, hello England
We are now sitting in line at the port awaiting to board the ferry at Calais. For breakfast this morning, Franck went out for fresh croisonts - yum. Real fresh croisonts.
After saying our goodbyes, on the road we headed. At Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 28, 2014
- And we're off!Welcome to our travel blog. We're off round the world to experience new cultures, find ourselves and answer those searching questions like, is five pairs of pants enough for a year? So far we have negotiated the Piccadilly Line and Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 28, 2014
- LondonBig day today. Aussie rules grand final. Wake up call for 4am, taxi booked for 4:30.. We have table booked at a pub showing GF. Full of Aussies and Kiwi's. We weren't the oldest Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 27, 2014
- LondonSeeing we didn't get to Buck Palace with the Westminster tour we just had to go back and see Betty's house. She wasn't home so we only got to the front gate. Got the obligatory pics then walked back Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 27, 2014