- England 2Sightseeing with Mike and Mel today. First visit is to Lichfield Cathedral. Amazing edifice to the glory of Christianity right across the street from Charles Darwin's grandfather's home, also a tourist attraction. Location, location, location LOL!
[[http Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 18, 2014
- Last few days in LondonWell here we are back in London !!!. We both feel at home here, and are getting ready to leave in five days to head back to New Zealand. London what can I say it is a love, Posted by Judy Marshall in Wainui Wanderers | Oct 16, 2014
- EnglandBreakfast at the Inn in Dumbarton and we're on the road again. Dumbarton is just north of Glasgow. Missed one little turn as we were going through Glasgow and got a teensy bit turned around. Once GPS was happy again Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 15, 2014
- Glory, glory Man United...Today we visited Manchester, specifically toured Old Trafford (stadium for Manchester United Football Club - and as James tells me "The Theatre of Dreams").
Our tour included seeing the pi Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 14, 2014
- Last day in London
Monday we took a tour of Wimbledon, it was very interesting and James really enjoyed it.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7129 Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 14, 2014
- More castles/palacesSunday was our day to go to Hampton Court Palace, the summer court palace for Henry VIII which was originally built for Cardinal Woolsey. Many Tudors and Stuarts lived there and remodeled, creating a hodgepodge castle. It felt like stepping Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 14, 2014
- Visiting the Butterfly Farm in Stratford-upon-AvonOur day began at nine o'clock when we all jumped into cars to visit Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a beautiful town with wonderful canals, lovely swans and a great butterfly farm. First we went for a small walk around the town. Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 24, 2014
- Going to Royal Leamington SpaToday we went to Royal Leamington Spa. We had to get up early to be ready for the taxi that Aunty Ali and Uncle Steve had arranged for us. After one and a half hours we arrived at Aunty Sharons Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 23, 2014
- Back in LondonToday we went to put a love lock on the Millennium Bridge for GG. The Millennium Bridge is approximately 200 metres long. A love lock is a padlock that you put on a bridge for someone you love.
We came Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 20, 2014
- Wax figures & sharksToday started with Madame Tussauds, I can now strike that off my bucket list. Wasn’t terribly impressed, but the crowd really had a negative effect on the experience.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 12, 2014
- Going to the Tower of London and the Royal ObservatoryToday we went to two places. The first place we went to was The Tower of London. The Tower of London is GINORMOUS and looks like a castle. My favourite part was going through the centre building and seeing the Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 16, 2014
- London, baby!Our train from Edinburgh to London has been much more pleasant than the ride from Birmingham to Edinburgh. The train to Edinburgh was a little more cramped and I got carsick on that ride. The ride to London is more Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 11, 2014
- Going to the Harry Potter studiosTo get to the Harry Potter studios we caught the tube to Willesden Junction then an overground train to Watford Junction. Then we caught the Harry Potter bus which drove us to the studios in Leavesden. The Harry Potter studios Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 15, 2014
- Going to Whole Foods and the Natural History MuseumTo get to Whole Foods, Uncle Adams work, we took a bright red double decker bus. Children are free and there is a great view from the top. I liked sitting at the top right in the front. On the Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 14, 2014
- First day in LeamingtonOn Sunday we caught a taxi up to Aunty Sharons house in Leamington. It's actually called Royal Leamington Spa but everyone just calls it Leamington. It took about two hours to drive there. It was the first time I'd met Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 21, 2014
- Last days in LondonOn Friday we went back to the Millennium Bridge to put on a love lock for Grandad GG. We saw other love locks the first time we went across the bridge and that's where we got the idea from. We Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 20, 2014
- Heading home....If you have been following this blog then you will not be surprised when I say it has been hard to keep up to date as our journey has continued.
We are on the eve of our return home as I Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Oct 7, 2014
- A fun day in LondonOn Tuesday we caught the tube to Tower Hill. At Tower Hill station we hopped off the tube and walked to the Tower of London. At the Tower of London it was very, very, very busy. There was over 1000 Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 16, 2014
- London 2014[img=http://photos. Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- Stratford-Upon-AvonSpent the afternoon in the Bard's city. There were several monuments with various Shakespeare quotes engraved on them. It was a small town with pretty buildings and interesting stores. We visited a couple of candy stores and enjoyed lunch at Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 6, 2014
- UPDATE!!Our luggage arrived Sunday evening after 7pm!! Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 5, 2014
- We made it, but it hasn't been smooth sailingOur flight into Minneapolis was running late and we had 20 minutes to get off the plane and board our flight to Paris before it's take off time. Of course, our gate was practically on the other side of the Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 5, 2014
- London City Airport (LCY)You can see the docklands railway behind the plane. We are on Alitalia in 35min.
None of the people we have spoken to in the UK have ever actually been to this airport. More frequent trav Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 2, 2014
- London City Airport, Rome, here we comeAt the moment, we're sitting at London CIty Airport awaiting our flight to Rome.
Yesterday, the morning was spent repacking our bags and having another feast for lunch, cold meats, salads, cheeses, and real fresh bread.
After our sad fairwells to Ma Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 2, 2014
- Jack emulates Douglas BaderDay three of Jack's Tours saw us heading to the Imperial War Museum's Duxford Exhibition.
We packed a overnight bag and set off after breakfast for Duxford and it’s amazing collection of aircraft and other displays. The exhibition is housed in Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Oct 1, 2014