- Day 26After a late start we walked down to Hyde park and caught the Original Hop on Hop off tour bus and spent the day sightseeing.
When we were in Paris, I was almost persuaded that that city had the edge on Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 9, 2013
- Day 25I am thankful to be able to report that we handed the car back in Angers this morning before the deadline, unmarked.
We are now on the train heading to Lille, where we change trains for London.
An amusing incident happened at Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 8, 2013
- Kew Gardens29th June
Today we visited Kew Gardens and Palace. There was a festival celebrating edible plants on, adding even more things to see to an already lengthy list. These humongous botanical gardens have been around for over 250 years, with some Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 8, 2013
- Day 9: Hampton Court===Today I went to Hampton Court via boat. It was a nice airy ride, once I moved to the shade. And I got to take a lot of the typical pictures of buildings I may forget in time. Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jul 8, 2013
- Day 8: Hot, hot, hot! A retreat to Kew Gardens===It is really hot here, high 80's, but that is officially a heat wave by London standards, and for the most part they love it because they believe London will become chilled and soggy again. I don't see it. Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jul 8, 2013
- London: Natural History, Science and Harrods in KensingtonToday, we went to the Natural History museum, the Science Museum and Harrods. We started off the day by taking the tube to the natural history museum in Kensington/Chelsea area. The museum was fun to see dispalys of all sorts Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 7, 2013
- London: St Pauls, Globe, Monument, Shopping and Crowds!Today we decided to go to the City (the City is a neighbourhood where the original London began and is now the heart of the financial district...for some reason I never recognized this until a few months ago!) So we Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 6, 2013
- London Spent the weekend with my Aunty, Uncle and Family in London after 2 weeks of non stop travel around Europe.. was very relaxing and so nice and sunny! Spent the afternoon sitting in the sun and catching up with all Posted by jessruthvk in Europe and beyond | Jul 6, 2013
- Windsor Castle22nd June
The day of guided tour sight seeing started at Paddington station, birthplace of Paddington Bear. Paying homage to the bear is a modest statue, and a larger gift shop upstairs.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/484888/windsor_ Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 6, 2013
- Banqueting House8th June
Basically a 20 minute video and a hall with a painted ceiling, it isn't worth the £5 price tag, or the trip into central London.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/484888 Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 5, 2013
- London: Westminster, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and Bon JoviToday we woke up at 8:00 and stayed in the apartment for awhile... at 9:30, we left to go find a bus station that would take us into central london. we ended up taking the #148 double decker bus to Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 5, 2013
- Day 3: the Oxford Fellowship===What is striking me most right now is that everyone is getting along, and we are all having a great time. It rained today, but that didn't danmpen our spirits. Today was Tolkien day. My panel discussed Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jul 2, 2013
- ArrivedI am still working out how to download photos, so this is a photo less post.
interesting things so far:
We got through Heathrow in 10 minutes which surely is some kind of miracle.
We are now installed in our loft Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Jul 2, 2013
- Day 2 Lewis Carroll ===We had a seminar this morning discussing the definition of fantasy and how Alice in Wonderland relates. Then a bunch of us went for some delicious curry, and a lecture this afternoon that felt more like an 8 page Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jul 1, 2013
- Oxford Day 1===This group is amazing, I even know one of the librarians! But everyone is so friendly and excited to be here, I love it. I made a new feline friend, The Oxford cat. He is cared for by all Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jun 30, 2013
- Arrival at Oxford===Oxford is simply beautiful. I am all checked in and have a single room, so far. There are two beds in here, so who knows? Driving through Oxfordshire was beautiful, quintessential English town. Oxford town is Posted by inklings in Literary London | Jun 30, 2013
- The beginningI haven't written anything about the build up to this trip so I will make it short and sweet. After my year off......yeah I like to go on about it....I went into work feeling abit hard done by not Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 19, 2013
- Pleasant Pastures GreenIt really does exist! England experiences sunshine for more than a day at a time, and we have made the most of it during our 10 days of family time back in England following our rather soggy Scotland sojourn. Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Jun 11, 2013
- Explore The City of Opportunity - Day 3It is my last day here in London so I planned something very special. My first destination is London's greatest site, [[http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing/tourist-attraction/big-ben|Big Ben]]. It is the nickname for the great bell of the Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- Explore The City of Opportunity - Day 1 & 2I am now London, England and it is bright sunny afternoon. I got a taxi and head to Lancaster London Hotel to stay for 4 days and 3 nights.
Just outside of my hotel is a garden which happens to Posted by justinroska in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- England After a lot of research I have successively narrowed down all the places I would like to visit in the world to three continents Europe, Asia and Oceania. I have looked for the best deals, Posted by kquintal in My dream trip | Jun 9, 2013
- Destination of the Week: London!And I'm not talking London, Ontario. That's right folks, I am currently in London, England (for 5 days)!!! After travelling 7100 km and taking a 10 hour 10 min plane ride (including 1 hour stop in St. Lucia) to London Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, GoodbyeThe bags are all packed (down to 2.5 Stone), all our affairs are in order and now it's time to say goodbye.
Friday saw the start of goodbyes to friends, with drinks in The Orange Tree. We were amazed at the Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jun 9, 2013
- London, England Day 2 On my second day in London, England I took hop on and off sightseeing tour all over the city. This gave me the opportunity not only to ride the famous Posted by liezelmarie in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2013
- The Lakes District
Well the birds woke us before the alarm did! Went for a walk around the Main streets of Keswick and then drove down to the nearby lake. Decided on a cruise circumnavigating the lake on the Lady Derwentwater. Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Jun 7, 2013