- Bristol to DublinWe had to pack our cases after spreading ourselves out in our house swap in Burton. Then there was the vacuum and clean before leaving. We had some time to spare so decided to drive into Bristol. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 6, 2015
- The Hills Are AliveThe less said about leaving Whitby the better. Small, narrow roads with cars parked all along; junctions on hills leading to more hills. It was not my finest hour. That said, it did give me the opportunity to meet some Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Sep 6, 2015
- A trip to BathThe trip to Bath was further than we realised from Burton in Somerset. After going around in a circle finally found a park in a large central car park. We emerged and didn't know where the Roman Baths Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 5, 2015
- Checking out our local attractions in Somerset, EnglandWe had been driving past places and signs so decided to go and see what they were about. Our first stop was the Cricket Cafe just down the road. We were expecting to see cricket paraphernalia, but no Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 5, 2015
- Wells Cathedral and The Bishop's Garden, SummersetWe decided to check out the medieval city of Wells, England's smallest city. We are certainly pleased that we visited here. We drove right around the medieval City looking for a park. After putting parking in Garmin Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 4, 2015
- treading water & feeling a bit out of the loop..
===We’ve been back in the UK a week=== .. and already ticked- off some of the essentials; deep, hot bubble baths, play parks, my sister’s hen do, bridesmaid dress fittings, cheese, wine and nice brown bread consumed. David says that Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Sep 3, 2015
- Burnham-on-Sea, Western-super-Mare and Cheddar, SomersetWe decided it was time to head to the coast. Driving along we spied a sign that said 'Grand Pier'. Into Burnham-on-Sea we headed we thought we better go check out this pier, with visions of a pier Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 3, 2015
- Sheffield - Peak District - Bristol===Peak District National Park===
Wanting to make the journey home more than just a drive back, we take a road that cuts through the stunning scenery of Peak District National Park, which became the UK's first national park in 1951.
[img=http:/ Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 26, 2015
- Bridgewater, The Chantry and Kilve BeachAfter a bit of a lazy morning we donned our Kathmandu jackets as the day was rather showery and headed to Bridgewater for some supplies. Jackie had circled places of interest on a large map so we were attempting Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Sep 2, 2015
- Waiting, Waiting, WaitingHeathrow Airport
Been here for about three hours and still have another four to go. Really is a waste of a day but there was not enough time to do much in London, after we had done a walk to Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- Magnificent Montecute House, Summerset, EnglandSir Edward Phelip's descendans occupied the house until the early 20th century. Following a brief period when the house was let to tenants, one of whom was Lord Curzon, who lived in the house with his mistress the novelist Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 31, 2015
- London - wet and cloudyArrived via the train from Oxford and transferred to the hotel with the minimum of fuss and bother. Maybe it was because it was a holiday Sunday, but we didn’t care.
Took a wander back around the area we have Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- Stonehenge, Wiltshire, EnglandOn our first full day in Burton Summerset we decided to drive to Stonehenge. Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in Wiltshire, England. Stonehenge is the remains of a ring of standing stones set within earthworks. It Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 30, 2015
- Dunster, Summerset After a hearty breakfast, we packed and headed to Dunster. This village is one of the prettiest and most preserved medieval villages in England. The main street is lined with quaint cottages and shops. The Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 29, 2015
- Our last day in the Cotswolds and with WheelsToday is our last day in the Cotswolds and we are sharing it with many Brits savouring the last of summer as it is their August Bank Holiday weekend. We spent a fair bit of time with Helen Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- Off to UniAt last a sunny day! Can't tell you how excited we were to be driving through the country at 9.30 am and the sun was shining, showing off the beautiful patchwork of fields on either side of the Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- Edinburgh to Bristol, Bristol to SummersetIt was early out of bed, time to pack for the next part of our journey. We had to catch a flight to Bristol. It was good to have the car to drive to the airport in. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 27, 2015
- In The Heart of the CotswoldsSet off on a very grey and overcast day, but we have decided to be British and ‘keep a stiff upper lip’. Our tummies were full of scrambled egg and bacon (for Ian) and salmon (for me).
Our B & Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 27, 2015
- Bristol - Sandbach - BoltonInspired by a friend's recent Facebook posting, we are making a road trip 'Oop North' and into Scotland with my dad. We are taking it easy, using two days to get up there, stopping a couple of places along the Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Aug 22, 2015
- Lymington to Bourton on the WaterLeft Lymington with rain on the roof and a lump in the throat. We really enjoyed our time cementing our friendship with this wonderful couple and look forward to seeing them on the ‘south side’ in March of next year.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 26, 2015
- Struggling with the InternetJust a quick note to say my computer won't connect here and all photos are on it, also blogging on the iPad is tedious, so take no news as good news and will be back on the air.....whenever. Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Exploring Our NeighbourhoodAfter a lovely day in Winchester, we stayed a little more in the area of the New Forest and its environs. After preparing a typically English picnic of Egg and Cress baguettes, we set of for an area known Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 23, 2015
- Yorkshire Trails - part 1The next instalment in my biking travels was a small tour up to Yorkshire. My parents used to holiday in Yorkshire after Kate & I left home. They loved it as much for the friendliness of the people as for Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 22, 2015
- Hampshire, South West EnglandWe have been having a great time truly experiencing life in England. Our dear friends Helen and James have made us feel so much at home and we have quickly settled into the rhythm of life. Enjoying the Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 20, 2015
- "Walking in a royal ghostery"With River Days two weekends ago I was too busy last week to write a blog entry. Thus I am feverishly chasing Mr. Hatch through England, but it seems as though he will continue to escape us. This entry details Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Aug 19, 2015