- 5 days!
Just 5 days until the London-trip starts!!
(Blogging from iPhone) Posted by triciajohansson in TRICIA JOHANSSON | May 11, 2013
- Too little time...London has been great! A little colder now than our first few days with more typical English weather, a bit of drizzle, sunshine, cloud etc. At Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, we saw an energetic production of As You Like It. The Posted by A M Chaffey in Chaffey's Euro Tour | May 11, 2013
- A Storybook Kind of Day[float=left][/float]Today, we travelled to the Cotswolds area via Stoke-on-Trent. The sun was shining, the warm wind was at our back an Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 8, 2013
- Hadrian's Wall Washout[float=left][/float]This morning we drove off to Hadrian's Wall, which is a wall that was built to keep the Scottish Barbarians out of England. We had planned Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 8, 2013
- The Inn of Disappointment[float=left][/float]We awoke to sunshine (finally!), and eager to get out in it, we packed up and were out of our place within an hour and a half Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 8, 2013
- A Rainy Day in Edinburgh[float=left][/float]Since we only had one day in Edinburgh, we spent the time visiting two of its most famous attractions, HMY Britannia and Edinburgh Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 8, 2013
- London We arrived at our fabulous Chelsea apartment Sunday night in Embankment Gardens, just a stones throw to the Thames. To say the least, we were a tad weary so it was a pleasure to find everything including the bed Posted by A M Chaffey in Chaffey's Euro Tour | May 7, 2013
- Potter-ing in the Lake DistrictWouldn't you know it? After 3 months of sometimes severe Winter weather, the day we were due to leave Haworth the sun came out and shone brightly over the beautiful green countryside, lighting up the daffodils until they were almost Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | May 6, 2013
- Moor Than Enough of YorkshireWe are "On the road again ..." as Willy Nelson would sing. Simon finished his contract on Monday, we packed up the Haworth cottage, stored our belongings "Ah t'mill" and drove towards Cumbria and the Lake District. We like to Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | May 2, 2013
- Colchester, Essex - the nice bit of Essex==Colchester is Britain's oldest recorded town, and was for a period the capital of Roman Britain. It is also been named as one of Britain's fastest growing towns. ==
===Barbara's signature dish, learnt during her years livi Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Apr 29, 2013
- Hello the UK, welcome to Col(d)chester=="The highest temperature ever recorded in England was 38.5 degrees in Kent in 2003"==
===So here we are, finally in England. After a 13 hour flight through the night, catching maybe 2 hours sleep in economy seats, 1 day of jet Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Apr 28, 2013
- Coasting[float=left][/float]Blackpool is most famous for the Pleasure Beach amusement park. It was our plan to spend our second day in town here Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 25, 2013
- Where is the shoe store????!!!![float=left][/float]Today was our first full day in Blackpool. We decided that we were going to save the amusement park for the next day, whic Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 25, 2013
- Emigrating from Ireland[float=left][/float]We sailed from Ireland to England today. More specifically, our voyage took us from Dublin to Liverpool which is a less travelled route b Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 24, 2013
- Holy boring blog Batman!that was so much longer than it looked on the bigger 'entry' page!
The important bit is we managed to walk a bit of Hyde Park and gawk at the weirdo's at Speakers corner, walk Oxford St shops, visit Selfridges which Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Apr 21, 2013
- We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!Arrived safely in Dubai after a very filling 14hrs. Num num num. Steve travelled really well and we enjoyed the most fantastic food and drink. A bit of a delay from Dubai to London but a good trip Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Apr 21, 2013
- LondonWednesday 17 April 9.30 am
Ok, this is just a quick update in case terrorists decide Maggie Thatcher's funeral is a good opportunity to dispose of a heap of VIPs and I end up as collateral damage.
Arrived in London Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | Apr 17, 2013
- Careful with the Family Jewels
This being my fourth trip abroad (sixth overall) with young adolescents, I decided to add London to the itinerary. I a Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Apr 16, 2013
- Leaving On a Jet Plane
All our bags are packed I'm ready to go
We're standin' here outside your door...................
Yes that’s right! – after 3 months of planning, finishing up two jobs, four sets of le Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Apr 12, 2013
- The End: A Few Final Words, and a Few Final MemoriesThe year flew by, I had an amazing time and I don’t regret anything, not even coming back a month early because I missed Leon!
I did everything I wanted to do and more. My three big aims were:
* To Posted by marajade1_200 in Chapter 28: A Year of Spanish | Apr 11, 2013
- Stonehenge and BathYesterday I continued my journey towards London, spending a the day in the south west of England. First on the agenda was a bus ride out to Stonehenge, about one hour each way from Bath. The weather was Posted by j0ne5y in Jonesy on Craic | Apr 10, 2013
- England Brightons Up Our DayWith the weather such as it is, it seems hard to get the full contingent of travellers out on any one day. While yesterday it was me who stayed home, today Abby elected to hunker down in her warm English Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 8, 2013
- Some Cliffs, a Battle, and Fish & ChipsToday we went out as a threesome, and left Hannah and my mom at home, as they were both feeling a little ill. But my dad, aunt and I braved the cold and the wind to go for a walk Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 8, 2013
- Leaving London: Logistics, Beer and WineAs the saying goes, “all good things must come to an end”; except in our case. Yes we will miss London but we are off to see more great things so the sting of leaving is pretty mild. Considering four Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 4, 2013
- Easter SundayEnglish sausages are one thing, but English sausages for Easter breakfast are definitely another. These, muffins, and hot cross buns were enjoyed by all this morning. Abby and I also got a chocolate bar each, left over from the hurriedly Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 4, 2013