- London, England Day 2 On my second day in London, England I took hop on and off sightseeing tour all over the city. This gave me the opportunity not only to ride the famous Posted by liezelmarie in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 8, 2013
- The Lakes District
Well the birds woke us before the alarm did! Went for a walk around the Main streets of Keswick and then drove down to the nearby lake. Decided on a cruise circumnavigating the lake on the Lady Derwentwater. Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Jun 7, 2013
- London, England Day 1 After my trip in the Northern Hemisphere, I flew to Western Europe. I visited three different countries here and the first was England, more specifically, London, England. I took a Posted by liezelmarie in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 6, 2013
- Ahhh! not long now==How is all of this going to get in our bags?==
So we have been organised and sorted all our luggage out in piles;
* The important stuff, Passports, V Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Jun 6, 2013
- Duh Dumfries
Took the A7 down to Dumfries and didn't like the area at all. Very flat and uninteresting.
Steve went chasing some McNelley family history at the local historical society without much luck. We lunched by the 'river' and Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Jun 6, 2013
- Cheers to Colchester==Foodie moment==
===For the first time this trip I am giving the foodie moment to us! In order to enjoy the red wine we brought back from Bordeau for Barbabra, she decided roast lamb would be a good match. We cooked Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 5, 2013
- Celebrity encounter4 June 2013
In London yesterday with a headache that was forecasting the cold that made its way around the coach on my second tour. Today it's a runny nose, sore throat (still a headache) but I have a discount Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | Jun 4, 2013
- Day 26Hope felt fine this morning. We had a lovely breakfast and great chat with Ian and Helga and Jenny (the lady who runs the B&B with her husband).
We are doing a walk at Seathwaite (on the Derwent River Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 4, 2013
- Day 25We awoke to another beautiful day. It is rainy on average for 40% of the time in the Lake District – but we have had wonderful weather. There were two other couples with us for breakfast - the couple with Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 3, 2013
- Day 24The B&B in Ings is an old manse (or should it be vicarage) which has been done up very nicely. It is built of small stones, usually less than 30 centimetres long and usually only about 10 centimetres thick – Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | Jun 2, 2013
- Riding the Royal Wave=="I have to be seen to be believed." - Queen Elizabeth II==
===Foody heaven in London can otherwise be known as the Borough Market. Although we went on a day when not all stalls were open, the selection of multicultural Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 2, 2013
- A day with 'Lizzy' and a night with 'Billy'!==="Mrs. Wilkinson: This'll sound strange, Billy, but for some time now I've been thinkin' of the Royal Ballet School.
Billy: Aren't you a bit old, miss?
Mrs. Wilkinson: No, not me... you! I'm the bloody teacher!"
-Billy Elliot - The Musical ===
Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 2, 2013
- Sunny Days (And Murder) Around London Town=="I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too." - Elizabeth I ==
=="It is eerie being all but alone in Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Jun 1, 2013
- Day 23We had a hearty breakfast before leaving for our long drive to Ings in the Lake District – a distance of 225 miles. We drove mainly on the M5 and M6 which are really good highways. We had two stops Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | May 31, 2013
- Day 22I had black pudding in my breakfast this morning (much to Hope’s disgust!). I can’t say that I really liked it. It rained all day today. We had planned to go to Oxford for a visit after breakfast. However Hope Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | May 31, 2013
- Day 21We started the day with breakfast in a room with flagstone floors looking out on the garden. We then decided to walk to a neighbouring village through farmland and woodlands along the Coln River. The name of the village is Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | May 31, 2013
- Don't lose your head, it's just the Tower of London!=="Who comes there?", "The keys.", "Whose keys?", "Queen Elizabeth's keys.", "Pass Queen Elizabeth's Keys. All's well.", "God preserve Queen Elizabeth.", "Amen!" - The ceremony of the keys conducted each night at 10pm at the Tower of London==
==[u]Cult Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | May 30, 2013
- 'Meet the Fosters' in London==Please Mind the Gap!==
===We felt like a quiet night in so hit up the local Tescos fo Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | May 30, 2013
- Day 20We had our breakfast and settled up with the B&B and then left to go the Lords Supper at Manvers Gospel Hall. We got a park in the City Centre and got to the hall at about 9.40am. The meeting Posted by Tomheasley in Oversea Trip - Tom and Hope | May 29, 2013
- Devon to Lancashire
Left 'Huxtable' after a pretty marvellous omelette breaky and headed for the nearby places which have cropped up again and again in our family history research.
We found many Dunn and Huxtable headstones in Swimbridge and Filleigh and in particular my Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | May 29, 2013
We did take a walk last evening through narrow alleys down to the ocean and onto the sandstone pier. There is a sign warning ppl not to enter the pier when the red float on the end Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | May 29, 2013
- Chiling in Colchester=="No Man Needs a Vacation so Much as the Man Who Has Just Had One" - Elbert Hubbard==
===Mark's first pub meal in England at Wetherspoons Playhouse. As usual he couldn't resist a burger - while i dug into my Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | May 29, 2013
- London: a city with characterWe are back on the road!
After a pause of about 3 years and a new addition to the family we are traveling again. Ylla is such a good traveler! The folks behind us were having a blast with Posted by Fiorela in Two Vagabonds and a Half | May 28, 2013
- Plymouth into Cornwall
Took a walk along the marina and crossed Sutton Harbour near the National Marine Aquarium to the Mayflower Stone and Steps. Lots of history regarding the Mayflower and its voyages here. Many of both our ancestors left shore here for Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | May 27, 2013
- Salisbury to Plymouth
Left Salisbury on the A30 and drove through Shaftsbury and Yeovil to Chard where we had a lovely pub lunch with great green veg and a beer for £6.90 ea. Continued south west on the A30 and joined the Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | May 27, 2013