- Lymington to Bourton on the WaterLeft Lymington with rain on the roof and a lump in the throat. We really enjoyed our time cementing our friendship with this wonderful couple and look forward to seeing them on the ‘south side’ in March of next year.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 26, 2015
- Struggling with the InternetJust a quick note to say my computer won't connect here and all photos are on it, also blogging on the iPad is tedious, so take no news as good news and will be back on the air.....whenever. Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Exploring Our NeighbourhoodAfter a lovely day in Winchester, we stayed a little more in the area of the New Forest and its environs. After preparing a typically English picnic of Egg and Cress baguettes, we set of for an area known Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 23, 2015
- Yorkshire Trails - part 1The next instalment in my biking travels was a small tour up to Yorkshire. My parents used to holiday in Yorkshire after Kate & I left home. They loved it as much for the friendliness of the people as for Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Aug 22, 2015
- Hampshire, South West EnglandWe have been having a great time truly experiencing life in England. Our dear friends Helen and James have made us feel so much at home and we have quickly settled into the rhythm of life. Enjoying the Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 20, 2015
- "Walking in a royal ghostery"With River Days two weekends ago I was too busy last week to write a blog entry. Thus I am feverishly chasing Mr. Hatch through England, but it seems as though he will continue to escape us. This entry details Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Aug 19, 2015
- Out of the Big SmokeIt is now Monday afternoon, UK time and we are firmly ensconced in the town of Lymington, not too far from the busy port of South Hampton. Our train ride was very uneventful, once we got the cases on Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 17, 2015
- Out and about in LondonTime to get some exercise - again, though only 13 k yesterday and 10 today. Was a bit pooped or just a bit too tired to bother last night. Went across Gloucester Road to the Stanhope Arms for Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 14, 2015
- Day 1
Here we are in the VIP lounge at New Kowloon Airport. Luckily we bumped into Mark, friend of Jenny's Literacy Leader from Mataura School who invited us in. No time for showers or chan Posted by Ian.jenny in Ian & Jenny | Aug 13, 2015
- Exploring LondonWow! It may have been a slow start after our arrival yesterday afternoon, but today we really made up for it. Heading off around 9.30 am we made for Harrods for a bit of a look around. Their Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 12, 2015
- My RamblingsCurrently sitting in Copenhagen airport waiting for a connecting flight to London and the final leg of our 2015 adventure. Seems like an appropriate time for one of my ‘intro-spectives’.
Travelling itself can definitely be broken up into two Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 12, 2015
- 7 August
Well, I'm packed...although I'm not sure I can lift the bag from the floor ;)
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/761731/90_20150807_182050.jpg thumb=http:/ Posted by laughingfish in Laughing Fish | Aug 7, 2015
- Return to the UKThe ferry ride back across the channel brought feelings of relief, sadness, excitement, exhaustion and accomplishment. We had a much needed wine and positioned ourselves in the play area where the boys couldn't get up to too much trouble.
[img=http://p Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 18, 2014
- Portsmouth is FunBy James
The last place we went in England was Portsmouth. When we got to Portsmouth we checked in at our hotel and went for a walk along the South Sea prom. We walked along the prom until we got to Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Aug 1, 2015
- "Well where did I leave off?"William Hatch was never one to be short on words. Though his descriptions of places and people and experiences are relatively succinct, he nevertheless ends up writing pages and pages each day to his wife Nellie. He is a romantic. Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Jul 31, 2015
- Five countries in three days. Let the riding begin!
Departure: Grevbo Sweden 6:00 Sunday 19 July. That's when our fun, fun, fun started in ernest. Van packed with bags and bikes and Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian rally tour 2015 | Jul 24, 2015
- Pile of RocksOn the Saturday between days 2 and 4 of the Test, David Walton drove us to Stonehenge with his son Zaak. Jacinda, Louisa and myself caught the train to Reading and we were picked up there. The train was an Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 24, 2015
- Lords - The Home of Cricket and CorksWe Took two trains to get to Lords. First the Piccadilly Line then Jubilee Line to St John's Wood Station, about 500m from Lords Cricket Ground. Still feeling jet lagged but excited to be at the first day of Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 21, 2015
- Walking in the Lake District and the Yorkshire DalesSo after a lot of wars between myself and technology (score: technology 20, Sue 0), this is hopefully my last ditch attempt to yield success! David came across this site, and he has been plotting our journey on a map. Posted by suel1960 in Sue's 2015 adventure continued | Aug 16, 2015
- Up Up and AwayThe planning, phase of the 6 week holiday mainly by Louisa....well mostly by Louisa......all by Louisa, finally has moved into execution mode and we board our flight to London via Dubai at 10:50pm Tuesday night.
Louisa had booked us seats on Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 19, 2015
- Charming Chatsworth House We left Romney Green and headed for Chatsworth House. Years before when visiting England we were travelling back from somewhere with Janine and Tim we drove down a long drive and this beautiful house appeared. We didn't have time to Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 13, 2015
- Goodbye to Rodney Green We had been rather spoilt with Gillian and Tonys hospitality while staying in Rodney Green. After a quiet morning we decided to take Gillian for lunch. We went to the closest restaurant of the one we didn't end up going Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 13, 2015
- Goodrich Castle, Eastnor Castle, Gloucestershire Cathedral Getting around England with the Garmin a lot easier now that we have learnt a few more tricks of how to us it. If visiting somewhere we could Google where we were going then put in the postcode. This Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 13, 2015
- Blenheim PalaceFriday was hair appointment day, Kate did a good job. Better to get hair sorted where English is the main language or might turn pink!! Hayley it might suit you but definitely would not look good on me. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 12, 2015
- Snowshill Manor and GardenGillian recommended that we visit Snowshill Manor and Garden, a National Trust site. On the way we visited the Fleece Inn. It has been around for 6 centuries. This is one of England's oldest pubs. We had coffee here Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 11, 2015