- 5 roundhouses for vicars daughters Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 5, 2014
- Saturday we drove through the Yorkshire Moors and DalesOur last day in York...Pete headed off to the local hospital to have his stitches removed after I was reluctant to do it for him. The wound still looked quite deep and inflamed. The doctor at the hospital removed them Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 4, 2014
- Cornish pasty recipe - if you want to try making themIngredients
450g plain flour
115g chilled butter, cut into small cubes
115g chilled white vegetable fat (such as Trex, or lard)
1/4 teaspoon salt
cold water to mix
350g beef, cut into small slivers, almost shaved but NOT mince Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 4, 2014
- Monsieur Le Chat Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 4, 2014
- Friday we were in YorkDay two in York. A cooler day to what we had previously on the tour but still pleasant. After advice from the receptionist at the YHA we decided to walk into York town centre via the Dame Judi Dench river Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 4, 2014
- Thursday was the day we traced Nana's heritageWe headed out from Stratford for York, via Rugby, Nottingham, Chatsworth House and Goole.
We were pleased with our Stratford apartment. Two bedrooms, one with an ensuite, good kitchen and a living area. Tescos just over the road. Brilliant.
First st Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 2, 2014
- Alex updating
Three days ago we went to London. We saw buckingham palace, Big Ben, the Tower of London, London Bridge, the london eye and
the gherkin. We also went on a Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Aug 2, 2014
- A Brief Intro To My Travel Plans[code][/code]==A BRAVE NEW WORLD==
[b]I'm sat at home, in Worcester, attempting to permanently de-clutter my life. Selling eve Posted by Theislandman in Simon's Travels | Aug 1, 2014
- One day to go!Hi guys, I set this blog up to keep you updated where I am and what I'm doing rather than just posting annoying things on facebook - ooh look at me in Berlin, ooh look at me eating a sachertorte Posted by japonica in My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.. | Aug 1, 2014
- Fern's Trip to Stratford Upon AvonWednesday 30 July 2014
Hi Everyone, I haven’t made a post for a while so thought I had better check in.
Yesterday I arrived a Stratford Upon Avon – the birth place of William Shakespeare. It’s a lovely quaint wee township with Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 30, 2014
- Wednesday was the day we went to Blenheim HouseToday is Wednesday and after Dad dragged me out of bed we headed off to Blenheim Palace through the Cotswolds.
We headed off at 9am in our car Theo (Everyone else calls him Enie) in our Summer clothes with our new Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 30, 2014
- Shakespeare's Home TownTuesday 29 July 2014
We awoke to a beautiful day in Stratford and decided to head off into town and jump on the hop on hop off bus to tour Shakespeare’s family homes. As luck would have it we misinterpreted what Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 30, 2014
- Wirksworth, EnglandHi people
We are staying in Wirksworth for a few days. It has a population of just under 6000. The house is cuteand has a three legged ginger cat! Sometimes it thinks that it is scratching itself when it's leg isn't Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 30, 2014
- Monday was a day from hell....This would easily be our worst day on tour so far! Some of it our doing, some due to others, and some just because that’s the way it is.
First up we had to pick up our rental car at Kings Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 29, 2014
- It was Sunday, so we went to Hampton CourtWe had a leisurely start to our day, and it was good not having to rush. We headed out to Hampton Court for the day. The Palace is very impressive and is a mix of the Tudor era and the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 29, 2014
- Day 54 - Gullivers==Gullivers Kingdom==
Today we took the kids to an amusement park called Gullivers Kingdom, in Matlock Bath, just ten minutes down the road. We had intended to take them to their first theme park somewhere on the trip, and since we Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- Village FeteSaturday 12th July was the Cuddington village fete. Cuddington is the village where Sophie and Christian go to school. We went along so the children could experience all the fun, silly games and activities that make up an Posted by Holan Family in Holan Family | Jul 28, 2014
- update from Bixy..Yes it was a great time had by all.
We saw all the sights - some cultural (Amiens Cathedral) - some more "French" cultural (man standing on side of road peeing in bush of garden); some English humour we wont mention which Posted by PBish1 in France (again) - 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- Day 53 - Chatsworth HouseToday we headed to Chatsworth house in Bakewell. On the way there we were surprised as to how close everything is situated in the Derbyshire Dales. Quaint towns are only five minutes apart and the places we wanted to visit Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- The day we saw the Crown Jewels....Saturday was once again a brilliant London day.
We were up early to meet up with our walking guide tour of the Tower of London and St Paul's Cathedral.
The guide was a ball of knowledge and and more importantly meant no Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 27, 2014
- Day 52 - WirksworthWe got up late, and mooched around most of the morning. The kids read, played with the toys here, and helped hang out some washing. Another scorcher of a day. There is a beautifully natured ginger cat called Jasper who Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- A Day at the Natural History MuseumFriday was another hot day in London with a busy day of events planned. Madison being a fan of David Attenborough was keen to see the Natural History Museum. We spent four hours looking at the museum and hardly did Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Jul 27, 2014
- Day 51 - WirksworthHi all!
Internet troubles here in Wirksworth, England means we have to wait until we are at the library or have paid for a few hours so apologies for no blogs or photos. Might not catch up on the photos til Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- A few words from Biggles!Well Pauline’s been on at me to write something on the blog, it’s not really my thing so apologies in advance.
So here we are back home after an excellent trip away with the girls (companions, mates, friends or OAPs), whichever Posted by PBish1 in France (again) - 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- To the theatre we go....
The final stop on our trip to Europe was London. We stayed in Captain Bligh's home in North Lambeth in the Royal Suite. Lots of royal purple and everything we needed to spend a few days in this Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 27, 2014