- Sunshine and fireworksWhat a gloriously sunny day Manchester turned on for us! We all slept well, and breakfasted well, and were keen to start the fun part of the holiday.
We spent the morning doing some essential shopping (sim cards) and less essential Posted by Buccas in Neville's Adventures | Aug 29, 2014
- Cruise No 2 - Baltic SeaFri 8th August - Departure for cruise No.2 (Baltic Sea Cruise) at 5.30pm
The ship departed on time and we had a very casual night as appears to happen on the first night of the cruises. Our dining arrangements Posted by GailJones in 2014 European Cruises + Paris, Malta, UK | Aug 27, 2014
- Westfield LondonSo I needed to buy a new suitcase for my upcoming Eastern European tour, and took myself off to Westfield London. We have lots of Westfield shopping centres in Sydney, so I thought I knew what I was in for. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 27, 2014
- Brick Lane LondonSo I got a message on couch surfing to meet Andrew for drinks in Sydney. I saw this message very delayed, and he was no longer in Australia. Luckily Andrew is a London local so I said I would Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 25, 2014
- Notting Hill CarnivalOk so did you know that London (more specifically Notting Hill) has this carnival every year where they try to mimic Rio's 'Carnival'?
Well I didn't. In fact I was so oblivious that when I showed up I thought I Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 24, 2014
- Night Out in London Town So I signed up to go to dinner with an online website called 'couch surfing'. The premise of the site is to find people who will let you sleep at their house when you travel to save on money. The Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 23, 2014
- Dirty Rotten ScoundrelsSo I treated myself to a West-End show, because, well... I can.
I picked this one on a whim and I am really glad that I did. It was funny! And I mean genuinely funny!
I have learned since that the Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 22, 2014
- London Week 1So here goes nothing.
I have never written a blog before. Personally I find myself clever and witty and all of those lovely things that would make a superb blogger. But low and behold the world does not always agree. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Aug 27, 2014
- Wednesday - Tour of the Louvre and the Eiffel TowerWith a full day ahead of us we were up early today and out the door by 8.30am. Our first scheduled tour was for three hours at the Louvre. We walked briskly down the streets of Paris passing iconic monuments Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 27, 2014
- Saturday we looked around CanterburyWe had a relaxed start after our long car trip from the previous day. We went over to the homestead for a cooked breakfast, then I listened to some of the All Blacks vs Australia on my cellphone, streaming the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 26, 2014
- England: Stonehenge: Breaking Rules Not Budgets! We flew into London and headed straight for. . .
. . . the cheapest hotel in London--- 35 British pounds per night. . . at the Earl Court Gardens. After a night Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 4, 2014
- Friday was a long day...we headed for CanterburyWell, this could very well be our shortest blog yet due to the fact that we don’t really have any interesting places or events to report on.
Todays plan was to travel from Tintagel to Canterbury via Highclere Castle (the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 25, 2014
- Thursday we checked in with Doc MartinWhen we had all prettified ourselves for breakfast at the pub, we went down stairs to have some morning chow. After some goodies, we bumbled down the NARROW roads to Port Isaac.
[img=http://pho Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 23, 2014
- Wednesday we headed for TintagelAfter a lovely time in Bath we packed up and left the Gatehouse accommodation and headed for Tintagel.
The drive was pleasant through the english countryside. [img=http://photos.travellers Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 22, 2014
- 2014 G6 OCEAN PRINCESS - BATH & THE END OF THE TRIPSO - BACK TO WAITING OUTSIDE THE ROMAN BATHS TO SEE IF MY COUSINS WILL TURN UP.
I EXPECT SO, BUT AS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TIME WE ARRANGED TO MEET, I HAVE ANOTHER THREE HOURS HERE.
HOPE I DON'T Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- Postscript : Back in the Northern HemisphereAfter a great holiday, it was fitting to say farewell to South America with one last Brahma at Lima airport. Really hoping I can go back sometime and explore more of that continent.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/675503/IMG_20140803_232019.jpg Posted by liamwimbo in South America | Aug 21, 2014
- Tuesday we went to StonehengeWe woke to a cool overcast day in Bath so we decided to head to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Castle Combe for the day.
We arrived at Salisbury and decided to take advantage of the park and ride bus facility. We Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 21, 2014
- Monday and it was back to BathWe woke in Bradford all packed and ready to go back to Trowbridge to drop off the boat.
It was a smooth ride and when we got there we had a look inside a very nice wide boat that was Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 21, 2014
- 2014 G5 OCEAN PRINCESS - STONEHENGE etc. WITH MAD MAX TOURS[center]AN ENGLISHMAN'S HOME IS HIS CASTLE ... SO THEY SAY ..[/center]
IT'S THE NEXT DAY NOW, & I HAVE A MAD MAX TOUR TO STONEHENGE, A COUPLE OF COUNTRY VILLAGES & THE STONES AT Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- 2014 G4 OCEAN PRINCESS - BATHOFF THE OCEAN PRINCESS NOW & ACROSS SOUTHERN ENGLAND TO BATH ....
THIS BRIDGE IS ONE OF ONLY TWO OF ITS KIND IN THE WORLD. THE OTHER IS IN ITALY... FLORENCE MAYBE..
I HAD FISH AND CHIPS AT THE LITTLE RESTAURANT BELOW Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- Sunday we toured Bath from the boatUp ‘an at ‘em they used to say in WWI, apparently.
So in Bath we were. We’d breakfasted, organised ourselves, left our Narrow Boat on the canal and outside the Roman Baths just after opening time at 9.00 am. No queues Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 20, 2014
- Saturday and we went to BathWe woke up at 8.30am at Bradford Upon Avon. We got ready dressed and all packed up and we were on the canal nice and early. We had our delicious breakfast (Strawberries, Blueberries and Granola) out on the deck on Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 19, 2014
- Friday we went to three countries in one dayWe rose to a beautiful smell of gourmet pancakes and free range eggs. We didn't linger long in our room and hurried down the stairs.
Once Mackenzie and I had finished our breakfast we left to catch our ferry.
As we drove Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 18, 2014
- It's not Bridget Jones
Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 18, 2014
- All AboardOn the road again on Friday, travelling through James Herriot country, from Durham to Whitby where we explored the ruins of Whitby Abbey. High on a cliff above the Yorkshire seaside town of Whitby are the remains of this Posted by gillianharvie in Celtic Pilgrimage | Aug 16, 2014