- LONDONObviously not in Iceland yet.
We have ten days here to unwind, spend time with our favourite people and attend a wedding.
It is nice to relax in the home of my school friend Lucy, her husband and daughter. We've caught Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Jul 15, 2014
- Monday 14th July (Ilona)The Alton Towers estate was formerly owned by the Earls of Shrewsbury. In the 1920's, a group of business men bought the estate and began restoring the gardens for the purpose of attracting tourists. A fairground was later added, Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 14, 2014
- LondonToday was my last full day in London. I took the underground from Waterloo station to London Bridge station. I walked up Southwark street until I finally reached the Shakespeare Globe Theater and Exhibition.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6907 Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 12, 2014
- London I started the day at 9 AM by going to the Sea Life Aquarium by the London Eye. I have visited Sea Life previously at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, but I have to say that this one Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 11, 2014
- Saturday 12th July (Ilona)We woke up to a beautifully sunny and warm day in York - we LOVE York. Now this is what I call summer - shorts and t-shirts for all! After a leisurely breakfast, we walked into town to the National Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 12, 2014
- LondonIn order to rest a bit from yesterday, I treated myself with some extra hours of sleep. At around 10 AM, I left the apartment and headed to the Jubilee Gardens by the London Eye.
I went to Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 10, 2014
- LondonI woke up early at 7:30 AM to make the most of the day and optimize the London Pass. I started by going to the Monument station via London Bridge station. The Monument, which is a commemoration of the Great Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 9, 2014
- LondonYesterday, I read the London Guide in order to make the most of my day. I made the list of the museums with free admissions. My original plan was to buy a weekly London Pass, but as I did some Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 8, 2014
- LondonI started this beautiful day in the Jubilee gardens where I saw the London Eye, as well as the Houses of Parliament and the hidden Big Ben.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/690781/IMG Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 7, 2014
- LondonThe seminar ended at around 1 PM, we all went back to Burwell House, and I went with a friend that I met during the weekend to Cambridge where we spent the afternoon. We started on Lensfield road where we Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 6, 2014
- LondonI had to wake up early today because my friend had to go to work. I took the train from Hither Green station heading to Charring Cross, then I changed the train to arrive to St. Pancras station. Across the Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 4, 2014
- LondonI woke up at the wee hours of the morning to go to Mohammed V airport. My direct flight to London was at 8 AM, which barely gave me the time to grab some croissant and hot chocolate from the Posted by Alienstravels in Alien's travels | Jul 3, 2014
- Thursday 10th July (Ilona)Today was meant to be a less strenuous day, with only Tower of London on the schedule. In the 1070's, William the Conqueror began to build a massive stone tower at the centre of his London fortress. At times, it Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 11, 2014
- The Lakes photosSome photos from the train and boat......
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 10, 2014
- The lakes DistrictWell we have travelled north and hit The Lakes District (another Escape to the Country favourite). Weather not and balmy (honestly) and it was a delight to see such spectacular landscapes. We took a hire car road of Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 10, 2014
- Tuesday 8th July (Ilona)We set off this morning to Waterloo Station, where we met our tour guide, Simon. Along with about 40 others, we hopped on a train that took us to Salisbury - about an hour and a half away. Once we Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 8, 2014
- Cotswolds[img=h Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 8, 2014
- Off to explore the countryside. It was a rainy bleak morning and we packed up to head out to Heathrow and grab our hire car. Ready for the next leg. London had been great, the city is lovely. The English are extremely friendly everywhere we Posted by The Hitchies in Our great Euro adventure | Jul 8, 2014
- Day 27 - England, Portsmouth visitToday we ventured to Portsmouth with our main goal being to visit the Mary Rose as it has been part of the kids reading for school. After negotiating a frustrating entrance to the historic dockyard area we parked the car Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 7, 2014
- LegolandWow! Wow, Wow! How much fun can four adults and five children have in one day???? Have a look and see. We optimised every last minute the park was open (Dave, I and kids running like madmen to get Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 6, 2014
- Sunday 6th July (Ilona)Early morning start, breakfast and off the boat by 7:30am. Taxi to Central Station in Stockholm and then the Arlanda Express train to the airport, travelling at speeds exceeding 200km! Having wound the clock back an hour last night meant Posted by riteoh in UK & Baltic 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- Our second day of LondonHi all
After a very full, buffet breakfast we all went to Kings Cross Station and there was a trolley stuck between platform nine and ten! There was a HUGE queue to get a picture with it! We went to have Posted by Evereberose in My holiday - July 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- Our first day in LondonHi all!
After two REALLY LONG airplanes, we finally arrived at London!
We got there at 7:00 am in the morning in London and 5:00 pm in Melbourne.
We took a train ride to get to Kings Cross Station (but not at 9 Posted by Evereberose in My holiday - July 2014 | Jul 5, 2014
- London callingAfter a very smooth ride under the channel in the train we arrived in London to a bright sunny and very warm day. London was looking at its best. We travelled to our apartment in step new in the East Posted by The Hitchies in Our great Euro adventure | Jul 5, 2014
- Day 29 - BruntonHaving had busy days and late nights, today was a day to sleep in, catch up on some jobs and relax. We awoke to the sound of gunfire - not the actual shots, but the deep boom of reverberation bouncing Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jul 5, 2014