- Country One Stop OneI do hate sitting on a plane for so many hours. Twice I have sailed across the Atlantic. I would always take that option if I had the time and the budget.
The plane was delayed at least two hours out Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 11, 2015
- Day 27 & 28 - Nothing to see here - move alongDoing the tourist thing for the past 2 days. Nothing much to report, other than they have some serious jewels in that Tower of London. Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 9, 2015
- LondonDay One
I arrive at Heathrow Airport at 12:00PM. The hotel I'm staying in while in London is the Mercure London Bridge Hotel. This hotel is $196 CAD a night and is a 4 star hotel. It's in walking distance of Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 26 - A homage to Ebenezer HowardWell I may be a retired town planner, but sometimes you still can't take the town planner out of the man.
I needed a rest day today and so I decided to pay a homage to Ebenezer Howard, who was a Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 24 – Half timeWell it is the half way mark in the trip and after some bumpy days and experiences the team is still holding up. Another 24 days to go, but the travelling should get a bit easier in the second Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 6, 2015
- Day 23 - London Calling"London calling, yes, I was there, too
An' you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!
London calling at the top of the dial
After all this, won't you give me a smile?
The Clash - London Calling
Yes I was Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 3, 2015
- Friday 29th MayWe spent the day travelling south from Edinburgh. We stopped for lunch at The Moat House, Staffordshire for a lovely, light fish sandwich lunch in very pleasant surroundings and it turned out to be a great spot to walk Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | May 29, 2015
- The London By James
When we first arrived in London we had to get on an underground train on the green line all the way to Green Park. Then we changed to the jubilee line and went all the way to St Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | May 29, 2015
- Easter in EnglandPrior to heading out to England we needed to bridge a gap in accommodations by shacking up at Isaac's hostel which is located near the business district in Dublin and just a couple blocks north of the River Liffey. Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | May 25, 2015
- Romans on the TyneI have often wondered what it would like to be a bird, to fly high, above all else. Today we walked higher than the birds were flying, along part of Hadrian's Wall at Fort Housestead (Vircovicium in Latin) The Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 21, 2015
- Top of the PopsSince arriving in England we have been intrigued with the music selections in Pubs, cafes and Tea rooms.
When was the last time anyone played the Brotherhood of man hit, "Save your Kisses for Me", deliberately and not as a joke. Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 20, 2015
- West CumbriaWe have two days left in England. Then we cross to Scotland.
Today we enjoyed a visit to Cockermouth, approx 1hr drive from Penrith. When we set of this morning we had already travelled 1170 miles in our now Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 20, 2015
- A watery day in CumbriaDay 18 was a watery day in Cumbria.
We went on water walks and drives. Water gushed down Aira Force, our first National Trust stop for today. The sometimes steep climb through and up sodden ground was enveloped in trees, ferns Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 19, 2015
- A Peaceful PlaceA peaceful place to while away a couple or so hours is between York and Penrith. Fountains Abbey, although a ruin, has towering walls, enormous arched frames that once held stained glass and a history dating to 1132 when Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 18, 2015
- The Bells The Bells
Hi, OMG youre awake! How's it going? How are the cats? Have you seen Jens? So everything's alright then! Rob's 'get down to facts' conversation with Erik....
Hello are you enjoying Bach-ing, what have you been up Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 17, 2015
- Climbing the WallsWe are now staying in a street of clean windows! I've never seen a street where everyone's windows are so crystal clean. Mum would be impressed!
Our journey from Whitehorn, Congleton to No. 34 (Bootham Cres, York) lasted from Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 16, 2015
- Over and Under We went over some peaks under some bridges over a railway line and under a canal, down dales and through gorges, felt teensy at the cavern entrance and walked through a 500 yr old home. Not bad for a days Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 15, 2015
- Top of the PeaksThe wind is cold and blows right through you! The more north we go the cooler it's becoming and today was the first time my fingers and nose tip sung out... I did discover the joy of heated car seats..very Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 14, 2015
- The van saga
We arrived back in Bristol and started van hunting. It turned out finding the van was not the hard part. We tracked down a great van up north being sold by two guys who recently did a ver Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | May 14, 2015
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond.It is brilliant go have a sister (Simon's) who lives in Bath. According to a guidebook we saw if you can only go go one other city in England outside London it should be Bath. Its also great that we Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | May 14, 2015
- Pit stop # 3
We made another quick stop in London before making our next sortie to Ireland.
We crashed with Tom for the weekend and caught up with him and Becs, then headed back into the city to do Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | May 14, 2015
- OMG Extra special entry required. ..Oh my goodness gracious me.....there are no words to describe the meal we were served and carefully consumed, savouring every morsel that entered our mouths. Our eyes looked longingly at each other over the table ..... and they spoke to Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 13, 2015
- If you want it go to Shrewsbury...If you want to see a magically colourful garden head to Dingle in Shrewsbury. If you want a leisurely stroll or jog along a river, head to Shrewsbury, if you want to be relocated from one gorgeous room to recharge Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 13, 2015
- Garden designs and First restToday our travels took us to the ' other side of Black Mountain' compared to 2013 when we were in Wales. We A'd and M'd and B'd our way from Stoke Orchard in Cheltenham to The Mecure in Shrewsbury.
Our Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 12, 2015
- Walking through a picture bookYears ago Jenny sent me a picture book of The Cotswolds. To me it was a dream place. I always wondered if it was as perfect in reality as it looked in the pictures. Today Jenny and Kieron took Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 11, 2015