- CORNWALL, ENGLANDOh what a journey to get here! We are staying at Clowance Estate outside Praze-An-Beeble which is south west of Truro.
Cornwall is a ceremonial county and unitary authority area of England, within the United Kingdom. Cornwall is a peninsula Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Nov 21, 2014
7th Oct to 12th Oct: After finishing up in Munich, we were heading to London via Paris as the busabout route went from Munich to Paris. We left Munich on the bus at the usual time of 8am, and arrived Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Nov 20, 2014
- 33 Short Trip to LondonSHORT STOP IN LONDON
Monday 22nd Sept.
A good train trip to Euston Stn and then Taxi to Hotel in Victoria Park. Nice to see London again and all the Monopoly Streets. Hotel very close to our leaving Hotel for Road Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Nov 16, 2014
- 32 Around BranstonCHILLIN OUT IN BRANSTON
Sunday 21st Sept
Had a pretty cruisey Sat. Carol and Ian's grandson's Josh just 7 and Lewis just 5 are staying over, so we went out for a picnic to an Aero park beside East Midlands Airport. A Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Nov 16, 2014
- 30 VISIT TO WAR MEMORIAL ARBORETUM AT BARTON.VISIT TO WAR MEMORIAL ARBORETUM AT BARTON.
We visited this place in 2004 and were keen to see how it had developed and how big the trees now were.
It is a lovely Arboretum in an open rolling field dedicated to all Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Nov 16, 2014
- 29 London Here We ComeENGLAND HERE WE ARE
Thursday 11th Sept
Flight finally left at 10.45pm, so by the time they brought dinner around we were almost over it! 6.5hrs to Heathrow but they were 5 hrs ahead in time so arrived and it was Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Nov 16, 2014
- England Day 10: Come TogetherOur last full day in England began with a phone call from Mike's friend we visited in Wivenhoe, Debs. She was trying to find someone to pick up her daughter from school so that she could come into London and Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Nov 14, 2014
- England Day 9: Medieval Towers and Halibut with FlowersI had a bit of an ambitious schedule planned for today. I wanted to hit St. Paul's Cathedral, the U.S.S. Belfast, and the Tower of London before dinner at Gordon Ramsay's. When Mike woke up, he was tired from Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Nov 14, 2014
- Surprise!We arrived in Heathrow at 5:30 am, made short work of getting through customs and headed for the underground.
Getting to Greenwich required two changes, first at Green Park then on to the Jubilee Line to Canary Wharf and finally the Posted by RUMissingUsYet in Not Looking for a New England | Nov 4, 2014
- England 2Sightseeing with Mike and Mel today. First visit is to Lichfield Cathedral. Amazing edifice to the glory of Christianity right across the street from Charles Darwin's grandfather's home, also a tourist attraction. Location, location, location LOL!
[[http Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 18, 2014
- Last few days in LondonWell here we are back in London !!!. We both feel at home here, and are getting ready to leave in five days to head back to New Zealand. London what can I say it is a love, Posted by Judy Marshall in Wainui Wanderers | Oct 16, 2014
- EnglandBreakfast at the Inn in Dumbarton and we're on the road again. Dumbarton is just north of Glasgow. Missed one little turn as we were going through Glasgow and got a teensy bit turned around. Once GPS was happy again Posted by DawnaL in From Reading to Reality | Oct 15, 2014
- Glory, glory Man United...Today we visited Manchester, specifically toured Old Trafford (stadium for Manchester United Football Club - and as James tells me "The Theatre of Dreams").
Our tour included seeing the pi Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 14, 2014
- Last day in London
Monday we took a tour of Wimbledon, it was very interesting and James really enjoyed it.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7129 Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 14, 2014
- More castles/palacesSunday was our day to go to Hampton Court Palace, the summer court palace for Henry VIII which was originally built for Cardinal Woolsey. Many Tudors and Stuarts lived there and remodeled, creating a hodgepodge castle. It felt like stepping Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 14, 2014
- Visiting the Butterfly Farm in Stratford-upon-AvonOur day began at nine o'clock when we all jumped into cars to visit Stratford-upon-Avon. It was a beautiful town with wonderful canals, lovely swans and a great butterfly farm. First we went for a small walk around the town. Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 24, 2014
- Going to Royal Leamington SpaToday we went to Royal Leamington Spa. We had to get up early to be ready for the taxi that Aunty Ali and Uncle Steve had arranged for us. After one and a half hours we arrived at Aunty Sharons Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 23, 2014
- Back in LondonToday we went to put a love lock on the Millennium Bridge for GG. The Millennium Bridge is approximately 200 metres long. A love lock is a padlock that you put on a bridge for someone you love.
We came Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 20, 2014
- Wax figures & sharksToday started with Madame Tussauds, I can now strike that off my bucket list. Wasn’t terribly impressed, but the crowd really had a negative effect on the experience.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 12, 2014
- Going to the Tower of London and the Royal ObservatoryToday we went to two places. The first place we went to was The Tower of London. The Tower of London is GINORMOUS and looks like a castle. My favourite part was going through the centre building and seeing the Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 16, 2014
- London, baby!Our train from Edinburgh to London has been much more pleasant than the ride from Birmingham to Edinburgh. The train to Edinburgh was a little more cramped and I got carsick on that ride. The ride to London is more Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 11, 2014
- Going to the Harry Potter studiosTo get to the Harry Potter studios we caught the tube to Willesden Junction then an overground train to Watford Junction. Then we caught the Harry Potter bus which drove us to the studios in Leavesden. The Harry Potter studios Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 15, 2014
- Going to Whole Foods and the Natural History MuseumTo get to Whole Foods, Uncle Adams work, we took a bright red double decker bus. Children are free and there is a great view from the top. I liked sitting at the top right in the front. On the Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 14, 2014
- First day in LeamingtonOn Sunday we caught a taxi up to Aunty Sharons house in Leamington. It's actually called Royal Leamington Spa but everyone just calls it Leamington. It took about two hours to drive there. It was the first time I'd met Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 21, 2014
- Last days in LondonOn Friday we went back to the Millennium Bridge to put on a love lock for Grandad GG. We saw other love locks the first time we went across the bridge and that's where we got the idea from. We Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 20, 2014