- Caught up in the CotswoldsToday we went grocery shopping and did a few other errands in nearby Stow-in-the-Wold while the kids baked cookies (a common event at home but rarely possible on the road) and got caught up on our travel blog. When we Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 16, 2013
- Getting in touch with the Bard[float=left][/float][float=left][/float]When you are in the Cotswolds it is only a matter of time before you hear the Bard's siren call. Statford-Upo Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 16, 2013
- A Second Look at Harry Potter[float=left][/float]Today stood out as one of our best days in the UK, at least for Abby and I. Since we were four and six Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 16, 2013
- Essex and OxfordMonday morning we made our way to Essex with stops at Yeovil, Tintinhull and Montacute House. It was still raining, windy and at 10.30 am it was 7 degrees outside! Tintinhull is where our ancestor Joseph left from in 1854 Posted by A M Chaffey in Chaffey's Euro Tour | May 14, 2013
- Harry Potter Heaven[float=left][/float]Today was one of the best (if not the best) days of our trip. Thanks to our lovely parents we were able to go to the Harry Potter Warner Brot Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 13, 2013
- Out of LondonPicked up the car Saturday morning and made our way out of the city and took the advice of our last taxi driver to visit Salisbury, a medieval city with a fantastic cathedral. Unlike most of its' contemporaries which took Posted by A M Chaffey in Chaffey's Euro Tour | May 12, 2013
- 5 days!
Just 5 days until the London-trip starts!!
(Blogging from iPhone) Posted by triciajohansson in TRICIA JOHANSSON | May 11, 2013
- Too little time...London has been great! A little colder now than our first few days with more typical English weather, a bit of drizzle, sunshine, cloud etc. At Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, we saw an energetic production of As You Like It. The Posted by A M Chaffey in Chaffey's Euro Tour | May 11, 2013
- A Storybook Kind of Day[float=left][/float]Today, we travelled to the Cotswolds area via Stoke-on-Trent. The sun was shining, the warm wind was at our back an Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 8, 2013
- Hadrian's Wall Washout[float=left][/float]This morning we drove off to Hadrian's Wall, which is a wall that was built to keep the Scottish Barbarians out of England. We had planned Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 8, 2013
- The Inn of Disappointment[float=left][/float]We awoke to sunshine (finally!), and eager to get out in it, we packed up and were out of our place within an hour and a half Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 8, 2013
- A Rainy Day in Edinburgh[float=left][/float]Since we only had one day in Edinburgh, we spent the time visiting two of its most famous attractions, HMY Britannia and Edinburgh Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 8, 2013
- London We arrived at our fabulous Chelsea apartment Sunday night in Embankment Gardens, just a stones throw to the Thames. To say the least, we were a tad weary so it was a pleasure to find everything including the bed Posted by A M Chaffey in Chaffey's Euro Tour | May 7, 2013
- Potter-ing in the Lake DistrictWouldn't you know it? After 3 months of sometimes severe Winter weather, the day we were due to leave Haworth the sun came out and shone brightly over the beautiful green countryside, lighting up the daffodils until they were almost Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | May 6, 2013
- Moor Than Enough of YorkshireWe are "On the road again ..." as Willy Nelson would sing. Simon finished his contract on Monday, we packed up the Haworth cottage, stored our belongings "Ah t'mill" and drove towards Cumbria and the Lake District. We like to Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | May 2, 2013
- Colchester, Essex - the nice bit of Essex==Colchester is Britain's oldest recorded town, and was for a period the capital of Roman Britain. It is also been named as one of Britain's fastest growing towns. ==
===Barbara's signature dish, learnt during her years livi Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Apr 29, 2013
- Hello the UK, welcome to Col(d)chester=="The highest temperature ever recorded in England was 38.5 degrees in Kent in 2003"==
===So here we are, finally in England. After a 13 hour flight through the night, catching maybe 2 hours sleep in economy seats, 1 day of jet Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Apr 28, 2013
- Coasting[float=left][/float]Blackpool is most famous for the Pleasure Beach amusement park. It was our plan to spend our second day in town here Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 25, 2013
- Where is the shoe store????!!!![float=left][/float]Today was our first full day in Blackpool. We decided that we were going to save the amusement park for the next day, whic Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 25, 2013
- Emigrating from Ireland[float=left][/float]We sailed from Ireland to England today. More specifically, our voyage took us from Dublin to Liverpool which is a less travelled route b Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 24, 2013
- Holy boring blog Batman!that was so much longer than it looked on the bigger 'entry' page!
The important bit is we managed to walk a bit of Hyde Park and gawk at the weirdo's at Speakers corner, walk Oxford St shops, visit Selfridges which Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Apr 21, 2013
- We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!Arrived safely in Dubai after a very filling 14hrs. Num num num. Steve travelled really well and we enjoyed the most fantastic food and drink. A bit of a delay from Dubai to London but a good trip Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Apr 21, 2013
- LondonWednesday 17 April 9.30 am
Ok, this is just a quick update in case terrorists decide Maggie Thatcher's funeral is a good opportunity to dispose of a heap of VIPs and I end up as collateral damage.
Arrived in London Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | Apr 17, 2013
- Careful with the Family Jewels
This being my fourth trip abroad (sixth overall) with young adolescents, I decided to add London to the itinerary. I a Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Apr 16, 2013
- Leaving On a Jet Plane
All our bags are packed I'm ready to go
We're standin' here outside your door...................
Yes that’s right! – after 3 months of planning, finishing up two jobs, four sets of le Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Apr 12, 2013