- Hello the UK, welcome to Col(d)chester=="The highest temperature ever recorded in England was 38.5 degrees in Kent in 2003"==
===So here we are, finally in England. After a 13 hour flight through the night, catching maybe 2 hours sleep in economy seats, 1 day of jet Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Apr 28, 2013
- Coasting[float=left][/float]Blackpool is most famous for the Pleasure Beach amusement park. It was our plan to spend our second day in town here Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 25, 2013
- Where is the shoe store????!!!![float=left][/float]Today was our first full day in Blackpool. We decided that we were going to save the amusement park for the next day, whic Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 25, 2013
- Emigrating from Ireland[float=left][/float]We sailed from Ireland to England today. More specifically, our voyage took us from Dublin to Liverpool which is a less travelled route b Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 24, 2013
- Holy boring blog Batman!that was so much longer than it looked on the bigger 'entry' page!
The important bit is we managed to walk a bit of Hyde Park and gawk at the weirdo's at Speakers corner, walk Oxford St shops, visit Selfridges which Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Apr 21, 2013
- We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!Arrived safely in Dubai after a very filling 14hrs. Num num num. Steve travelled really well and we enjoyed the most fantastic food and drink. A bit of a delay from Dubai to London but a good trip Posted by SteveandNet in European Grandeur | Apr 21, 2013
- LondonWednesday 17 April 9.30 am
Ok, this is just a quick update in case terrorists decide Maggie Thatcher's funeral is a good opportunity to dispose of a heap of VIPs and I end up as collateral damage.
Arrived in London Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | Apr 17, 2013
- Careful with the Family Jewels
This being my fourth trip abroad (sixth overall) with young adolescents, I decided to add London to the itinerary. I a Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | Apr 16, 2013
- Leaving On a Jet Plane
All our bags are packed I'm ready to go
We're standin' here outside your door...................
Yes that’s right! – after 3 months of planning, finishing up two jobs, four sets of le Posted by Where's Willy in Where's Willy? | Apr 12, 2013
- The End: A Few Final Words, and a Few Final MemoriesThe year flew by, I had an amazing time and I don’t regret anything, not even coming back a month early because I missed Leon!
I did everything I wanted to do and more. My three big aims were:
* To Posted by marajade1_200 in Chapter 28: A Year of Spanish | Apr 11, 2013
- Stonehenge and BathYesterday I continued my journey towards London, spending a the day in the south west of England. First on the agenda was a bus ride out to Stonehenge, about one hour each way from Bath. The weather was Posted by j0ne5y in Jonesy on Craic | Apr 10, 2013
- England Brightons Up Our DayWith the weather such as it is, it seems hard to get the full contingent of travellers out on any one day. While yesterday it was me who stayed home, today Abby elected to hunker down in her warm English Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 8, 2013
- Some Cliffs, a Battle, and Fish & ChipsToday we went out as a threesome, and left Hannah and my mom at home, as they were both feeling a little ill. But my dad, aunt and I braved the cold and the wind to go for a walk Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 8, 2013
- Leaving London: Logistics, Beer and WineAs the saying goes, “all good things must come to an end”; except in our case. Yes we will miss London but we are off to see more great things so the sting of leaving is pretty mild. Considering four Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 4, 2013
- Easter SundayEnglish sausages are one thing, but English sausages for Easter breakfast are definitely another. These, muffins, and hot cross buns were enjoyed by all this morning. Abby and I also got a chocolate bar each, left over from the hurriedly Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 4, 2013
- A Day in London: Cousins George & Joan, St. Pauls, & HardysToday we planned to split up a little, with three groups going three separate ways. Hannah and I planned to check out Madame Tussaud's, the wax museum, together, while my parents visited my mom's first cousin once removed and his Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 4, 2013
- "Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded" -- Yogi BerraThe first excursion of the day was to return to Buckingham Palace to see the Changing of the Guard. It is heralded as one of the 'must see' events and this was apparently the opinion shared by the other 19,995 Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 2, 2013
- British Museum and a Bridge too Far[float=left][/float]What can you say about London? It is the world's most visited city, and was for almost a century the world's largest urban center. It has 43 univer Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 2, 2013
- Theater Performance Day[float=left][/float]Today was so wicked... like, really. We went to see the musical preformance of "Wicked" this afternoon, and it was spectacular. Oh, Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 2, 2013
- First Day in London[float=left][/float]Today was our introduction to England's capital city, London.
We emerged from the Underground and were immediately gre Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Apr 1, 2013
- Jolly Old EnglandAfter six weeks in Turkey, the day to leave dawned with some bittersweet feelings (except maybe for Abby, who has been anticipating Britain with great eagerness). It has been quite the experience, staying in one country for this long. While Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Mar 28, 2013
- The Balkan QuestionAh, the Balkans. Better men than Roy Hodgson have come unstuck on a visit to this part of the world and whilst what happened here last night is unlikely to lead to world war, genocide, the collapse of empires and Posted by johnward in The Boy from Killcrossduff | Mar 27, 2013
Landed at London Heathrow after an uneventful 2 1/2 hour flight, easy customs clearance, found our car, and headed to the West End of the city, and the Winston Posted by kenyashoe in AT & T's Round-the-World Crazy Adventure | Mar 23, 2013
- Ice Cold In LutonIn the two weeks I've been home, the temperature has rarely and barely risen above freezing. A constant wind howls in from the north east with a flavour of Siberia and weather reports barely mention the fact that Spring is Posted by johnward in The Boy from Killcrossduff | Mar 22, 2013
- Over Hill 'N DaleOur life living in an idyllic and gentle village in the Yorkshire Dales continues. Try as we might, we have been unable to unearth the dramas and murders viewed on British television such as Midsommer, Lavender and Thyme, and Agatha Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Mar 17, 2013