- Queens Arms, Corton Denham to "Kensington Palace", BathWednesday 24th June
How can you travel half way around the world, go to a small Inn in an isolated village in Corton Denham and discover that there are two older women there tha Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 25, 2015
- Sherborne, DorsetTuesday 23rd June
Today was our last day of walking with Foot Trails. The scheduled walk was meant to take us through fields to the nearby town of Sherborne, some 4 miles or 6 kms away. But we have Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 23, 2015
- Stapleton Arms, Weston to Queens Arms, Corton DenhamMonday 22nd June
The Stapleton Arms was a very comfortable place to stop for a night. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It was a pity that we could only be there Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 23, 2015
- Compasses Inn, Chicksgrove to Stapleton Arms, WestonSunday 21st June
It is Father's Day here and it also is the summer solstice with the longest hours of daylight. We heard that some 23,000 people stayed up all night last nigh Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 22, 2015
- Chicksgrove Day 2Saturday 20th June
There are a couple of things that I have not specificaly mentioned yet on the subject of the things that you have to negotiate while travelling. These, like the earth before a bulldozer, have just simply piled Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 20, 2015
- Chicksgrove Day 1Friday 19th June
Just a couple of relatively short walks in and around Chicksgrove that were both very good. Also a bit of lazing around in our comfortable lounges in our very comfortable, breezy and sunny, Plum Cottage. Dinner Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 19, 2015
- Swinbrook, The Cotswolds to Chicksgrove, WessexThursday 18th June
Today we moved from the Cotswolds first to Shaftesbury and then on to the Compasses Inn, at Chicksgrove, Wessex. This was a move from one area to another s Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 18, 2015
- Country One Stops Five and SixThe canal trip, the skipper and crew, and I all [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4|took turns being "the good, the bad, and the ugly.]]"
Actually, the cana Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 18, 2015
- "Not sorry to get on to mother earth again"It has been two weeks since our first entry following the exploits of Mr. William Hatch as he crossed eastward over the ocean. While he wrote much, a ten day voyage aboard a relatively small ship in the middle of Posted by W.Hatch in TRAVELLING ROCKFORD TIES | Jun 17, 2015
- Bledington to Taynton, Burford, Swinbrook, and AsthallTuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th June
On Tuesday at 11am, our newly found friend and taxi driver, David, turned up on the dot to transfer us to the small village of Taynton. He Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 17, 2015
- Country One Stops Three and Four
An alternative to walking through the English Countryside is to[[http://www.hotelboating.co.uk/| book a trip on a narrow boat hotel]].You could even learn to navigate one Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 17, 2015
- Returning to WhitchurchThe farmer came along this morning (before I was up) and scooped up the calf in the bucket of his tractor and took it away along with the mother. Glad to know it was still OK.
Today is our last full Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 12, 2015
- BledingtonMonday, 15th June
The Kings Head Inn is an interesting place. We are in a room that is "quaint" (read small) and to get to it on the first floor,
first you nearly have to crawl to it on your hands Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 15, 2015
- Another Great Day in ParadiseAnother glorious day out there today, the hottest one so far. Plenty of suntan lotion and not a fleece in sight – that's the way we like it!
At one of the very first locks of the day, I suddenly hear Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 11, 2015
- Starting our return journey via ChesterI am fast asleep in the middle of the night when I hear an almighty bang. Sitting upright with a jolt and a shout of “Shit! What was that!”, I put my legs over the edge of the bed, only Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 10, 2015
- Ebrington to BledingtonSunday 14th June
It stopped raining and the day was looking much better. It was also moving day as we only stay in each spot for a couple of nights and then move on. Our luggage is moved on Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- Manchester to Oxford to Moreton-in-Marsh to EbringtonFriday 12 th and Saturday 13th June
On Friday, we travelled by train from Edinburgh to Oxford, then to Moreton-in-Marsh and then by taxi to the Home Farm B&B in Ebrington. It Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 13, 2015
- Chester ZooAs I said yesterday, the cooker is not exactly efficient on the boat, but I still manage to make bacon sandwiches for breakfast this morning. I also manage to set off the smoke alarm on the boat.
Today the plan Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 9, 2015
- A 60s day through Northgate StaircaseThis is the third year we have shared a narrow boat holiday with our friends Lyn and Chris; and dressing up for a day has now become a ritual. The first year we were pirates, last year we dressed as Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 8, 2015
- Day 32 - Mini-moving dayToday was a mini moving day. We needed to travel from Minchinhampton (in the south west) to Birkenhead (next to Liverpool). A distance of some 302.km
I had originally plotted a scenic route through the Cotswold and then onto Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 13, 2015
- Ready, steady, slow! This morning at Wrenbury Mill we have to stop the traffic as the main road crosses the lift bridge. Oh the power!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435774/large_Wrenb Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 7, 2015
- Life in the slow laneFor the next seven nights, Ragnar will be home for the five of us: Captains David and Chris with deckhands Grete and Lyn; plus Bruno, the Deputy Dawg; as we travel slowly along the Llangollen and Shropshire canals from Whitchurch Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 6, 2015
- Day 31 - A bit of theivingIt was a frosty morning that only started to warm up by late afternoon and I don’t mean the weather.
First stop was to Stroud to visit the place where I believe the offence that got John Newman Holdman transported took Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 13, 2015
- Country One Stop TwoI have always wanted to stay in a little English village.
This trip, I got my chance and I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope you will also.
Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 11, 2015
- Edinburgh to ManchesterThursday 11th June
It was time to say farewell to Edinburgh and commence our journey south on the relatively safe and reliable train system. We booked a taxi to the train sta Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 11, 2015