- Every day I'm sniddlingOne of the truly lovely things we have discovered about housesitting is that you encounter people who are just so gosh darned happy to meet you. And this was absolutely evident when we arrived at the Durham train station Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Jun 13, 2016
- "The Joys Of Youth Hostelling"11th.June'16...Raining today but it still has it's benefits. I've managed to check out the tiny village of Malham & had a bite to eat with a local ale in one of the two pubs in town..Well, what else is their Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 11, 2016
- "The Beauty Of The Yorkshire Dales"Friday: 10th. June'16..
About time for another update before I forget my daily dose of activities while I am here.. Tuesday was another morning walk through the country park in the Lytham Hall grounds & a small stock up at my Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 10, 2016
- "Enjoying Rare & Treasured Moments With Family..!!"Tuesday: 7th June'16..
It may be an adventure of a lifetime but as important & special are times spent with family..especially when we d Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 7, 2016
- Beginning the cruiseWren is a 50 foot Sagar narrow boat and to celebrate her 30th birthday she is taking Peter and Claire and friends on an extended trip, initially south to London then heading west to Bristol before returning home to Ellesmere. Posted by peterandclaire in Wren's wanderings | Jun 3, 2016
- Friends and famous landmarks[im Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | Jun 2, 2016
- Safe and sound in London townHello everyone
We arrived safe and sound at Heathrow today. Trip was reasonably straight forward, Sarah a bit over tired and not feeling so well pre and post Dubai but rest was easy. Flight from Dubai to London Posted by djssj in Here we go again! | May 31, 2016
- Cornwall Here We Come!
We awoke refreshed from a good nights sleep and acting on the suggestion of our new friend Maureen from last nights meeting at the the Three Daggers, went to check out the Pr Posted by Charedwards in Edwards Abroad | May 27, 2016
- London... Done and Dusted!And with the end of a week brings the end of our time in London town. I'm writing this a bit late I know. But you can't blame me; I've been a little busy. I'd love to say we slowed Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | May 19, 2016
- London- May 13-17Hi everyone!! Welcome to my blog!! I've never done a blog before and based on my SAT and GRE verbal scores there is no reason I should be good at it but I figured I'd give it a try and Posted by EuroAsh in EuroAsh | May 15, 2016
- An overdue update!I apologise for the lack of updates lately but life has been hectic!
From Iceland we returned to the pub and pub life continued with no drama.
On a frosty morning we visited the Stonehenge. Pretty cool place, amazing to think Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | May 13, 2016
- London TripHi everyone,
Well this brings us to the London Edition of the Stylidettas extended adventure. As it was Lisa’s birthday the day we left for London - the girls created a big sign for mum and gave her presents, hugs and Posted by TEAM BARDIANO in Italian Sabbatical 2016 | May 13, 2016
- London CallingSo here we are... Day 4 of 183 (well we hope it's that many)! And we're still exhausted! I think now it's a bit less the jet-lag, and a bit more the copious amounts of walking we've been doing. But Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | May 11, 2016
- In The BeginningSo it's finally happened!!!
I know many of you are aware that Maddie & I have been "planning" this trip for a long time now. And by "planning" I mean talking about how much we wanted to do it, but not Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | May 9, 2016
- Running into SamWhile in London we stayed at the very cool Hoxton Shoreditch Hotel, just adjacent to Hackney in the East End of London. These days it’s hipsters at 20 paces, cool coffee joints, restaurants and designers. But back in Posted by Tim Green in World Without End | May 9, 2016
- Museums to MawbrayMuseum Monday. We continued our tradition of visiting famous university cities on public holidays, and headed to Oxford for the day. Yet again, ye olde park and ride was our weapon of choice, and yet again, it saved Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 5, 2016
- Portsmouth Historic DockyardOur last full day in England and we drove about 30 minutes to Portsmouth to visit the historic dockyard. Park and Ride worked very well and although the Mary Rose and HMS Warrior attractions were both closed for renovation work, Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 5, 2016
- Maiden Castle and DorchesterThis morning we left our cosy Cobblers cottage in Pennymoor and tonight we are in a lovely little bungalow in Bishopstoke, Eastleigh - our base for our final two nights in England. The drive lead us from the narrow and Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 4, 2016
- The English RivieraFollowing our morning in North Huish, we headed to the coast known as The English Riviera. Stopped for lunch in Totnes, delicious homemade soup and bread unfortunately served by a very bad-tempered young man who needs to get a different Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 4, 2016
- Family HistoryIt was a very special day for me today as we travelled to the tiny village of North Huish to visit the home and grave of George and Jessie Drury, my great great grandparents. We initially went into the church Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 3, 2016
- Cream tea in DevonToday we set off for Exeter, taking the most direct route. This turned out to be quite an experience as we negotiated miles of very narrow one lane roads lined with hedges. A bit hair-raising when we met a large Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 2, 2016
- Stones and BathsWe collected our rental car from Heathrow last evening, having farewelled Tom on his homeward journey. An hour later we arrived at our lovely B&B in the village of Great Bedwyn, near Marlborough. Our hosts welcomed us with tea and Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | May 1, 2016
- A trivial entryOn Thursday afternoon, Simon ran to the airport to collect our next hire car. Literally. It was about a 3 mile journey, and he managed to time his run in between showers of rain. We loaded up Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | May 1, 2016
- Last day in LondonOn our final day in London we all headed to the British Museum which of course has a massive collection of artifacts from all over the world. I found it incredible to see stuff that had survived for thousands Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 30, 2016
- Kew GardensI just loved today! I have dreamed of visiting Kew Gardens for so long and it was magical. The weather was glorious and the gardens exceeded my expectations. Fascinating range of plants, every single one labelled and in such good Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 28, 2016