- Climbing the WallsWe are now staying in a street of clean windows! I've never seen a street where everyone's windows are so crystal clean. Mum would be impressed!
Our journey from Whitehorn, Congleton to No. 34 (Bootham Cres, York) lasted from Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 16, 2015
- Over and Under We went over some peaks under some bridges over a railway line and under a canal, down dales and through gorges, felt teensy at the cavern entrance and walked through a 500 yr old home. Not bad for a days Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 15, 2015
- Top of the PeaksThe wind is cold and blows right through you! The more north we go the cooler it's becoming and today was the first time my fingers and nose tip sung out... I did discover the joy of heated car seats..very Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 14, 2015
- The van saga
We arrived back in Bristol and started van hunting. It turned out finding the van was not the hard part. We tracked down a great van up north being sold by two guys who recently did a ver Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | May 14, 2015
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond.It is brilliant go have a sister (Simon's) who lives in Bath. According to a guidebook we saw if you can only go go one other city in England outside London it should be Bath. Its also great that we Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | May 14, 2015
- Pit stop # 3
We made another quick stop in London before making our next sortie to Ireland.
We crashed with Tom for the weekend and caught up with him and Becs, then headed back into the city to do Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | May 14, 2015
- OMG Extra special entry required. ..Oh my goodness gracious me.....there are no words to describe the meal we were served and carefully consumed, savouring every morsel that entered our mouths. Our eyes looked longingly at each other over the table ..... and they spoke to Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 13, 2015
- If you want it go to Shrewsbury...If you want to see a magically colourful garden head to Dingle in Shrewsbury. If you want a leisurely stroll or jog along a river, head to Shrewsbury, if you want to be relocated from one gorgeous room to recharge Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 13, 2015
- Garden designs and First restToday our travels took us to the ' other side of Black Mountain' compared to 2013 when we were in Wales. We A'd and M'd and B'd our way from Stoke Orchard in Cheltenham to The Mecure in Shrewsbury.
Our Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 12, 2015
- Walking through a picture bookYears ago Jenny sent me a picture book of The Cotswolds. To me it was a dream place. I always wondered if it was as perfect in reality as it looked in the pictures. Today Jenny and Kieron took Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 11, 2015
- Perks family get together in CheltenhamThe challenge is on, can we drive from point A to point B and avoid using anything called a lane or a road without a number! It has become a mission to save Rob's nerves! On route Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 10, 2015
- Magna Carta
We left Winchester to the joys of lanes less than two cars across, children being dropped off to school by mothers in Range Rovers so cars going in both directions and the worry that Winchester was bin pick up day! Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 8, 2015
- Mouse themeHint: Don't trust the GPS to link fastest route with safest route! Our return from Cheddar Gorge and Wells today was quite thrilling when we went the usual leftrightrightleftleft right into a lane that was barely as wide as Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 7, 2015
- Got my first ticketYesterday I went online to look for advance tickets to start building up my trip.
I found a ticket London-Birmingham (3rd leg of the journey) for just £6. Only later I noticed I will be travelling with London Midlands, so a Posted by peeweeke in Steam and Beer | May 7, 2015
- Too much, too littleThere is a wealth of inpiration, history and people to comment on. Already each day i am remembering things i forgot to include in our blog the day before...I am trusting it is brain overload not a sign of Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 4, 2015
- The Road out of TownThe road out of town started this morning when we left London for Winchester. Along the way we saw more shades of green than we'd dream of at home and fields of Rapeseed. The weather has ranged all day from Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 6, 2015
- May 3 travelling via the trainToday is a bank holiday and a free day for us. The students get a tour with Jordy down to Buckingham Palace and then it's free time till dinner and our show Mamma Mia. Day 3 since the birth Posted by alitabrown in HMGT Study tour 2015 | May 5, 2015
- London callingThe trip over to London is uneventful, we arrive safely and quickly get thru customs and immigration. We arrived to find our happy face of the tour manager Jordy waiting for us. Since our arrival was early in the Posted by alitabrown in HMGT Study tour 2015 | May 5, 2015
- Jet laggedI have been too tired to write anything, Jet lag really got me this time, must be getting old!
We arrived at Heathrow right on time. As soon as we were off the plane I was assisted to a cart Posted by Lyndoug1 in Keeping up with the Douglas's | May 5, 2015
- Day 33 - What to do about boat people?Back in 1909 William Henry Hewton jumped ship at Brisbane and took up with Dora Hopp and we have been plagued with Hewton boat people ever since! Tony Abbott should really focus on this particular group of undesirable boat people Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 13, 2015
- Day 30 - I've think I have done a terrible thing!Still on the trail of John Newman Holdman and this morning I set off for the adjacent town of Nailsworth. If the information provided to me yesterday is correct that John Newman Holdman lived in Watledge (and this is Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 10, 2015
- Day 29 - Newman, Oldman or Holdman?Today is the start of my family research and in this particular instance, my mother’s side of the family. So this post would most likely be of interest to my Newman relatives.
Left London early to catch the train to Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 9, 2015
- Day 25 - Royalty and DemocracyA tiring day, but ultimately a good day.
Today there was the “Colonel’s Review” which is in reality a dress rehearsal for the trooping of the colours, which occurs next Saturday. It did not have all the fancy carriages, but Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 6, 2015
- London churchesWe set off armed with a new book of historical church sites, the best tour guide London has to offer me and we hit the streets in search of perfect steeples, spires, ruins and history. Again we found Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 3, 2015
- last day on tour2/5/15
This morning we got a sleep in and didn’t have to be at breakfast until 7.45. We left Cardiff and headed for Bath crossing back into England.
Bath is the home of Georgian architecture and you guessed it baths. We Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 4, 2015