- Bledington to Taynton, Burford, Swinbrook, and AsthallTuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th June
On Tuesday at 11am, our newly found friend and taxi driver, David, turned up on the dot to transfer us to the small village of Taynton. He Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 17, 2015
- Country One Stops Three and Four
An alternative to walking through the English Countryside is to[[http://www.hotelboating.co.uk/| book a trip on a narrow boat hotel]].You could even learn to navigate one Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 17, 2015
- Returning to WhitchurchThe farmer came along this morning (before I was up) and scooped up the calf in the bucket of his tractor and took it away along with the mother. Glad to know it was still OK.
Today is our last full Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 12, 2015
- BledingtonMonday, 15th June
The Kings Head Inn is an interesting place. We are in a room that is "quaint" (read small) and to get to it on the first floor,
first you nearly have to crawl to it on your hands Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 15, 2015
- Another Great Day in ParadiseAnother glorious day out there today, the hottest one so far. Plenty of suntan lotion and not a fleece in sight – that's the way we like it!
At one of the very first locks of the day, I suddenly hear Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 11, 2015
- Starting our return journey via ChesterI am fast asleep in the middle of the night when I hear an almighty bang. Sitting upright with a jolt and a shout of “Shit! What was that!”, I put my legs over the edge of the bed, only Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 10, 2015
- Ebrington to BledingtonSunday 14th June
It stopped raining and the day was looking much better. It was also moving day as we only stay in each spot for a couple of nights and then move on. Our luggage is moved on Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 14, 2015
- Manchester to Oxford to Moreton-in-Marsh to EbringtonFriday 12 th and Saturday 13th June
On Friday, we travelled by train from Edinburgh to Oxford, then to Moreton-in-Marsh and then by taxi to the Home Farm B&B in Ebrington. It Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 13, 2015
- Chester ZooAs I said yesterday, the cooker is not exactly efficient on the boat, but I still manage to make bacon sandwiches for breakfast this morning. I also manage to set off the smoke alarm on the boat.
Today the plan Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 9, 2015
- A 60s day through Northgate StaircaseThis is the third year we have shared a narrow boat holiday with our friends Lyn and Chris; and dressing up for a day has now become a ritual. The first year we were pirates, last year we dressed as Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 8, 2015
- Day 32 - Mini-moving dayToday was a mini moving day. We needed to travel from Minchinhampton (in the south west) to Birkenhead (next to Liverpool). A distance of some 302.km
I had originally plotted a scenic route through the Cotswold and then onto Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 13, 2015
- Ready, steady, slow! This morning at Wrenbury Mill we have to stop the traffic as the main road crosses the lift bridge. Oh the power!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435774/large_Wrenb Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 7, 2015
- Life in the slow laneFor the next seven nights, Ragnar will be home for the five of us: Captains David and Chris with deckhands Grete and Lyn; plus Bruno, the Deputy Dawg; as we travel slowly along the Llangollen and Shropshire canals from Whitchurch Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Jun 6, 2015
- Day 31 - A bit of theivingIt was a frosty morning that only started to warm up by late afternoon and I don’t mean the weather.
First stop was to Stroud to visit the place where I believe the offence that got John Newman Holdman transported took Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 13, 2015
- Country One Stop TwoI have always wanted to stay in a little English village.
This trip, I got my chance and I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope you will also.
Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 11, 2015
- Edinburgh to ManchesterThursday 11th June
It was time to say farewell to Edinburgh and commence our journey south on the relatively safe and reliable train system. We booked a taxi to the train sta Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | Jun 11, 2015
- Country One Stop OneI do hate sitting on a plane for so many hours. Twice I have sailed across the Atlantic. I would always take that option if I had the time and the budget.
The plane was delayed at least two hours out Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 11, 2015
- Day 27 & 28 - Nothing to see here - move alongDoing the tourist thing for the past 2 days. Nothing much to report, other than they have some serious jewels in that Tower of London. Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 9, 2015
- LondonDay One
I arrive at Heathrow Airport at 12:00PM. The hotel I'm staying in while in London is the Mercure London Bridge Hotel. This hotel is $196 CAD a night and is a 4 star hotel. It's in walking distance of Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 26 - A homage to Ebenezer HowardWell I may be a retired town planner, but sometimes you still can't take the town planner out of the man.
I needed a rest day today and so I decided to pay a homage to Ebenezer Howard, who was a Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 7, 2015
- Day 24 – Half timeWell it is the half way mark in the trip and after some bumpy days and experiences the team is still holding up. Another 24 days to go, but the travelling should get a bit easier in the second Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 6, 2015
- Day 23 - London Calling"London calling, yes, I was there, too
An' you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!
London calling at the top of the dial
After all this, won't you give me a smile?
The Clash - London Calling
Yes I was Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 3, 2015
- Friday 29th MayWe spent the day travelling south from Edinburgh. We stopped for lunch at The Moat House, Staffordshire for a lovely, light fish sandwich lunch in very pleasant surroundings and it turned out to be a great spot to walk Posted by scotia174 in Brittany | May 29, 2015
- The London By James
When we first arrived in London we had to get on an underground train on the green line all the way to Green Park. Then we changed to the jubilee line and went all the way to St Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | May 29, 2015
- Easter in EnglandPrior to heading out to England we needed to bridge a gap in accommodations by shacking up at Isaac's hostel which is located near the business district in Dublin and just a couple blocks north of the River Liffey. Posted by Shewy in It is, What it is | May 25, 2015