- St Albans, HertfordshireWe arrived here to Terry and Margaret's place in St Albans (just north of London) mid-afternoon.
By the time we emptied the campervan (which seriously felt like a huge truckload), George took the four of us to Watford to pick Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 30, 2014
- Swapped campervan for new PeugeotWe swapped over the campervan for a brand new Peugeot 3008, again an upgrade from the old Opal/Vauxhall/Holden I booked.
Very nice car, with a surprising amount of space. I got the manual which is very zippy, on diesel, with an Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 30, 2014
- Jack's Tours - Towards IpswichJack’s house in Hellesdon is on the outer fringes of Norwich with the Norwich Airport just up the road and countryside just beyond. It was a lovely morning and with the prospect of my 10k run at Loch Ness in Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 29, 2014
- LondonTower of London, mark 2, this morning. Tour was excellent. A yeoman, beefeater, took the tour. Very funny and informative. Lots to see with many varied exhibits of Kings and queens in England since Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 29, 2014
- Walking to the parkAfter a late lunch with Margaret & Terry. It is a short walk away, and well covered with trees, which is handy since we are having the first real English weather for a while.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 29, 2014
- London to the big wide world!!!So after a mad rush to make sure I have everything and a little panic attack cos my camera wasn't in my bag, I said goodbye to two little beauts who came to see their aunty Ady off. My dad Posted by Ady88 in Ady's Adventure of Awesomeness | Sep 29, 2014
- England Day 8: Keep Calm and Carry OnWe woke up about 8:30a and Mike was feeling much better today. We wanted to see the Horse Guards at 10a so we headed to Bermondsey station by the apartment only to find out that the Jubilee line was Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- England Day 7: Where East Meets WestToday we had pre-booked a 9:15a tour of Parliament and then planned to take the ferry out to Greenwich for the afternoon. Mike still wasn't feeling well so we decided he would stay home and rest in the morning and Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- LondonWe set off to do the Tower of London tour in the morning. Instead we had a London Underground tour. A combo of Sunday and closed lines caused grief with our navigation skills. By the time we Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 28, 2014
- Off to England....Three train journeys today would take us from Amiens to Calais, then London, then Norwich.
After the ticket dramas at Le Harve we decided to print our tickets well before departure. Our first attempt to print the tickets the previous night Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 28, 2014
- England Day 6: Hatless Horse RacingMike woke up this morning not feeling well. He was having a flare up of his FMF so he took some medication and went back to sleep for a while. We had plans to take the train to Ascot for Posted by deniseandmike in Denise & Mike's Narcissistic Travel Blog | Sep 28, 2014
- Au revoir France, hello England
We are now sitting in line at the port awaiting to board the ferry at Calais. For breakfast this morning, Franck went out for fresh croisonts - yum. Real fresh croisonts.
After saying our goodbyes, on the road we headed. At Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 28, 2014
- And we're off!Welcome to our travel blog. We're off round the world to experience new cultures, find ourselves and answer those searching questions like, is five pairs of pants enough for a year? So far we have negotiated the Piccadilly Line and Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 28, 2014
- LondonBig day today. Aussie rules grand final. Wake up call for 4am, taxi booked for 4:30.. We have table booked at a pub showing GF. Full of Aussies and Kiwi's. We weren't the oldest Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 27, 2014
- LondonSeeing we didn't get to Buck Palace with the Westminster tour we just had to go back and see Betty's house. She wasn't home so we only got to the front gate. Got the obligatory pics then walked back Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 27, 2014
- LondonWe took a walk around the hotel area this morning. Had a coffee and snack at a Lebanese bakery/cafe. Very genuine, complete with burka customers. Nice Knefeh to go with the coffee.
We followed up with the Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 25, 2014
- A Peak Experience[b]
If you think climbing the highest mountain would be our peak experience in England and Wales, think again! We are now in Peak District National Park! But first we had to say good-bye to Wales and return Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Sep 25, 2014
- GlastonburyI have been going to V Fest for the past few years and my friends and I finally decided it was time to make the leap and go; it was time for Glastonbury. Having tried and failed the year before Posted by LaurenF3 in My Journey Around The World | Sep 25, 2014
- LondonSandy planned to see the changing of the Guard today. We joined a walking tour of Westminster area which incorporated it. Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, House of Parliament. All the tourist things. We had a good Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 25, 2014
- LondonWe were up early to finish packing before heading to airport. Traffic to the airport is crap in the morning as there is only one road out to it. A bit like Melbourne.
We arrived in London around Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 25, 2014
- Day 10: LondonIn the morning of Day 10 we caught the Tube into the city, as we wanted to go on the London Eye. The station we got off at was right near Parliament and Big Ben, and we got to hear Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 25, 2014
- My Birthday (and Dad's)On Friday it was my birthday. I had a donut cake in the morning at Uncle Adams. Then we caught the bus back to Hamley's and bought a car that can stick to walls, floors and ceilings and a flying Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 13, 2014
- Buckingham Palace and M&M WorldWe got in to Buckingham Palace around 10:30. Inside there were hundreds of rooms, I think 747. The rooms were full of valuable things such as crystal chandeliers and famous paintings. Mummy showed me some paintings by Rubens. They are Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 11, 2014
- Sightseeing in LondonToday we took the tube to Bank station. The tube is fast, warm and crowded. In the stations there are normally escalators to get up and down to the platforms. We left the tube station and walked to St Pauls Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 9, 2014
- Day 6 Urban Hike LondonWe decided today to just hike all day around the city!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/ Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 21, 2014