- Ready To GO !Preparations complete ......... cant wait to get under way 71 Days & counting :( Posted by scottl_mitchell in Planes, Trains, Beaches & Backpacks | Aug 19, 2013
- Canterbury for the weekendFriday: I almost missed my bus. I made it with a minute to spare. I blame Carl. He shouldn't let a person with a guide book of his country decide on what time to leave. Basically there was a lot Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | Aug 18, 2013
- Preliminaries All required visa documents are now sorted, plane tickets are booked, and the flight leaves in 10 days.
Whenever I get excited I can't help thinking about how when I first told a close friend who is french about choosing Posted by Josh Nunn in Canadia 101 | Aug 17, 2013
- 10th to 14th August - BathSaturday 10th August – London to Bath (England)
6am start today to pack our bags (was so nice to be able to stay 4 nights in one place!) and then have breakfast and get going on our journey to Bath. Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 14, 2013
- 7th to 9th August - London (England)Wednesday 7th August – London
We are staying at Hotel Ibis – Earls Court at the moment and breakfast is included so after we had had a sleep in we went for breakfast which is English style buffet, so has cereals, Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 13, 2013
- FELIXSTOWE - Our last Bike day ! 5th August 2013Sunday morning we rode through from Cambridge to Felixstowe on the motorway - very boring but necessary.
First I had to throw out my faithful gloves - It has been a big trip !!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/228B6AB42219AC68172294932 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Aug 5, 2013
- 130524: 7. Evening in Bath 1Following our HoHo tour, we headed to the Jane Austen Centre (JAC). We made our way back to Queen Square, via Cheap St. (lol), Union St., Burton St., New Bond St., Quiet St., and Wood St., then turned up the Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Aug 5, 2013
- 130524: 6. Bath Hop on/off Bus Tour 3 - Central BathAfter stopping at the Royal Crescent we boarded another HoHo bus at stop #10 to continue our tour of Bath.
===Pictures from the second half of the HoHo bus tour===
[b]Marl Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Aug 4, 2013
- 130524: 5. Bath Hop on/off Bus Tour 2 - Royal CrescentUpon reaching the end of Brock St., we got off the bus at stop #10 - the Royal Crescent. The RC is a long, curved building ("crescent") containing individual residences (some of which were converted into a hotel). It's one Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Aug 4, 2013
- STRATFORD to OLNEY to CAMBRIDGE (England) 1, 2 & 3 AugustBefore we left Stratford we had to visit Anne Hathaway's cottage, where William Shakespeare courted his future wife Anne Hathaway (and at 18 got the 28 year old Anne "in the family way") It is quite an experience to Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Aug 3, 2013
- READING to STRATFORD-UPON-AVON (England) 28 to 31 JulySunday morning we rode out to Rykas in Box Hill (Surry) - the only place for bikers to be on any Sunday.
Well, thanks to the GPS and a ridiculous amount of traffic, we finally got there at 12.30. Apparently Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 31, 2013
- London: Harry Potter and Lunch in WatfordHogwarts, Diagon Alley and the Knight Bus...you guessed by now, it was a tour of the Warner Bros Harry Potter Studios today! This is a top-notch attraction and I would highly recommend any Harry Potter fans to visit. It far Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 30, 2013
- London: Covent Garden and ShoppingToday was a travel day. We were first whisked away by car through the skinny and crooked streets from our Paris apartment to the Gare du Nord (ie train station). We saw many near accidents and even a gigantic semi-truck Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 29, 2013
- ABERGAVENNY (Wales) to READING (England) 25 to 27 JulyBefore leaving Abergavenny we wandered around the town, not much to see except the Cod Father Fish & Chips, then we went to have a look at the old Castle which was destroyed in 1233.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/53569DEE2219AC6817FCA Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 27, 2013
- 130524: 4. Bath Hop on/off Bus Tour 1 - Central Bath(This installment of the Hoho bus tour is from the start of the tour to the Royal Crescent)
[quote]About the HoHo bus tour
Our HoHo bus tour was on City Sightseeing (we'd also be using this company in London). This company has Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Jul 24, 2013
- 130524: 3a. Francis HotelWe enjoyed our stay at the Francis Hotel. The room was fairly tight (to be expected in an old building) but clean and comfortable. The double bed was very comfortable, with lots of down pillows and thick comforters. The bathroom Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Jul 24, 2013
- Best (and quirks) of the BritsThere were many things we were looking forward to in our few months in the UK, one was escaping the heat for a bit (especially with the pregnancy), but it seemed the heat followed us back to the UK, and Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Jul 23, 2013
- 130524: 3. BathAfter deplaning at Bristol airport, we were bused to the main terminal. As we entered the hall I saw a sign with my name in big black letters. It was our taxi driver (I'd prearranged for a taxi). He led Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Jul 22, 2013
- Day 38Most mornings Lois wakes up grumpy. This morning she let him ( i.e. me ) sleep in.
(Sorry I saw that joke in a shop in York , and had to squeeze it in somewhere.)
However I was feeling far from Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 21, 2013
- Day 36The country we passed trough this morning between Edinburg and the Border, in parts , was quite different to anything we had seen previously.
Very verdant. The colours of the vegetation varying from light green to golden to very Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 21, 2013
- OxfordshireSaturday was about a walk in the English countryside. It started in Woodstock following then rights of ways to Wotton around the back of Blenheim palace ending at the Black Prince in Woodstock. Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Jul 21, 2013
- Day 37 Today we travelled to the city of York . The locals are very proud of their Shire. They prefer being known as citizens of Yorkshire rather than of England.. The country around York is as fertile and Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 20, 2013
- Day 35Another day, another castle.
This morning we were taken for a tour of Edinburgh castle . We had a likeable Scots guide.
He kept us entertained with his remarks. At one point he told Lois. "Take your time my dear, but hurry" Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 18, 2013
- Day 34Today we travelled to Scotland.
We stopped for coffee at Gretna Green. The place was crowded with tourists. Buses were loading and unloading continually.
The Border District in Scotland is very pretty, though perhaps less so than the Lakes District.
W Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 17, 2013
- Day 33I must start today with a correction . Connor is spelt with two o's, not an e as I mistyped yesterday..
But as Sam said, it would be too much to expect someone who can punctuate as well as Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 16, 2013