- Going to Royal Leamington SpaToday we went to Royal Leamington Spa. We had to get up early to be ready for the taxi that Aunty Ali and Uncle Steve had arranged for us. After one and a half hours we arrived at Aunty Sharons Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 23, 2014
- Back in LondonToday we went to put a love lock on the Millennium Bridge for GG. The Millennium Bridge is approximately 200 metres long. A love lock is a padlock that you put on a bridge for someone you love.
We came Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 20, 2014
- Wax figures & sharksToday started with Madame Tussauds, I can now strike that off my bucket list. Wasn’t terribly impressed, but the crowd really had a negative effect on the experience.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 12, 2014
- Going to the Tower of London and the Royal ObservatoryToday we went to two places. The first place we went to was The Tower of London. The Tower of London is GINORMOUS and looks like a castle. My favourite part was going through the centre building and seeing the Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 16, 2014
- London, baby!Our train from Edinburgh to London has been much more pleasant than the ride from Birmingham to Edinburgh. The train to Edinburgh was a little more cramped and I got carsick on that ride. The ride to London is more Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 11, 2014
- Going to the Harry Potter studiosTo get to the Harry Potter studios we caught the tube to Willesden Junction then an overground train to Watford Junction. Then we caught the Harry Potter bus which drove us to the studios in Leavesden. The Harry Potter studios Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 15, 2014
- Going to Whole Foods and the Natural History MuseumTo get to Whole Foods, Uncle Adams work, we took a bright red double decker bus. Children are free and there is a great view from the top. I liked sitting at the top right in the front. On the Posted by JBontour in Joshua's Travel Journal | Sep 14, 2014
- First day in LeamingtonOn Sunday we caught a taxi up to Aunty Sharons house in Leamington. It's actually called Royal Leamington Spa but everyone just calls it Leamington. It took about two hours to drive there. It was the first time I'd met Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 21, 2014
- Last days in LondonOn Friday we went back to the Millennium Bridge to put on a love lock for Grandad GG. We saw other love locks the first time we went across the bridge and that's where we got the idea from. We Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 20, 2014
- Heading home....If you have been following this blog then you will not be surprised when I say it has been hard to keep up to date as our journey has continued.
We are on the eve of our return home as I Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Oct 7, 2014
- A fun day in LondonOn Tuesday we caught the tube to Tower Hill. At Tower Hill station we hopped off the tube and walked to the Tower of London. At the Tower of London it was very, very, very busy. There was over 1000 Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 16, 2014
- London 2014[img=http://photos. Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- Stratford-Upon-AvonSpent the afternoon in the Bard's city. There were several monuments with various Shakespeare quotes engraved on them. It was a small town with pretty buildings and interesting stores. We visited a couple of candy stores and enjoyed lunch at Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 6, 2014
- UPDATE!!Our luggage arrived Sunday evening after 7pm!! Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 5, 2014
- We made it, but it hasn't been smooth sailingOur flight into Minneapolis was running late and we had 20 minutes to get off the plane and board our flight to Paris before it's take off time. Of course, our gate was practically on the other side of the Posted by gabbyshell in United Kingdom, baby! | Oct 5, 2014
- London City Airport (LCY)You can see the docklands railway behind the plane. We are on Alitalia in 35min.
None of the people we have spoken to in the UK have ever actually been to this airport. More frequent trav Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 2, 2014
- London City Airport, Rome, here we comeAt the moment, we're sitting at London CIty Airport awaiting our flight to Rome.
Yesterday, the morning was spent repacking our bags and having another feast for lunch, cold meats, salads, cheeses, and real fresh bread.
After our sad fairwells to Ma Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 2, 2014
- Jack emulates Douglas BaderDay three of Jack's Tours saw us heading to the Imperial War Museum's Duxford Exhibition.
We packed a overnight bag and set off after breakfast for Duxford and it’s amazing collection of aircraft and other displays. The exhibition is housed in Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Oct 1, 2014
- Verulamium TheatreFrom AD140
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 1, 2014
- See you in a year Hudder's house! Posted by BecsandSar in Becs and Sar go travelling | Sep 30, 2014
- De Havilland Mosquito MuseumOne of the Mosquito planes in the museum, with some sample armaments beneath. The Mosquito was made largely of wood, and was the fastest plane in most combat zones until quite late in WWII
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 30, 2014
- St Albans, HertfordshireWe arrived here to Terry and Margaret's place in St Albans (just north of London) mid-afternoon.
By the time we emptied the campervan (which seriously felt like a huge truckload), George took the four of us to Watford to pick Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 30, 2014
- Swapped campervan for new PeugeotWe swapped over the campervan for a brand new Peugeot 3008, again an upgrade from the old Opal/Vauxhall/Holden I booked.
Very nice car, with a surprising amount of space. I got the manual which is very zippy, on diesel, with an Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 30, 2014
- Jack's Tours - Towards IpswichJack’s house in Hellesdon is on the outer fringes of Norwich with the Norwich Airport just up the road and countryside just beyond. It was a lovely morning and with the prospect of my 10k run at Loch Ness in Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 29, 2014
- LondonTower of London, mark 2, this morning. Tour was excellent. A yeoman, beefeater, took the tour. Very funny and informative. Lots to see with many varied exhibits of Kings and queens in England since Posted by Greg and Sandy in Greg and Sandy's Holidays | Sep 29, 2014