- Perks family get together in CheltenhamThe challenge is on, can we drive from point A to point B and avoid using anything called a lane or a road without a number! It has become a mission to save Rob's nerves! On route Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 10, 2015
- Magna Carta
We left Winchester to the joys of lanes less than two cars across, children being dropped off to school by mothers in Range Rovers so cars going in both directions and the worry that Winchester was bin pick up day! Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 8, 2015
- Mouse themeHint: Don't trust the GPS to link fastest route with safest route! Our return from Cheddar Gorge and Wells today was quite thrilling when we went the usual leftrightrightleftleft right into a lane that was barely as wide as Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 7, 2015
- Got my first ticketYesterday I went online to look for advance tickets to start building up my trip.
I found a ticket London-Birmingham (3rd leg of the journey) for just £6. Only later I noticed I will be travelling with London Midlands, so a Posted by peeweeke in Steam and Beer | May 7, 2015
- Too much, too littleThere is a wealth of inpiration, history and people to comment on. Already each day i am remembering things i forgot to include in our blog the day before...I am trusting it is brain overload not a sign of Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 4, 2015
- The Road out of TownThe road out of town started this morning when we left London for Winchester. Along the way we saw more shades of green than we'd dream of at home and fields of Rapeseed. The weather has ranged all day from Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 6, 2015
- May 3 travelling via the trainToday is a bank holiday and a free day for us. The students get a tour with Jordy down to Buckingham Palace and then it's free time till dinner and our show Mamma Mia. Day 3 since the birth Posted by alitabrown in HMGT Study tour 2015 | May 5, 2015
- London callingThe trip over to London is uneventful, we arrive safely and quickly get thru customs and immigration. We arrived to find our happy face of the tour manager Jordy waiting for us. Since our arrival was early in the Posted by alitabrown in HMGT Study tour 2015 | May 5, 2015
- Jet laggedI have been too tired to write anything, Jet lag really got me this time, must be getting old!
We arrived at Heathrow right on time. As soon as we were off the plane I was assisted to a cart Posted by Lyndoug1 in Keeping up with the Douglas's | May 5, 2015
- Day 33 - What to do about boat people?Back in 1909 William Henry Hewton jumped ship at Brisbane and took up with Dora Hopp and we have been plagued with Hewton boat people ever since! Tony Abbott should really focus on this particular group of undesirable boat people Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 13, 2015
- Day 30 - I've think I have done a terrible thing!Still on the trail of John Newman Holdman and this morning I set off for the adjacent town of Nailsworth. If the information provided to me yesterday is correct that John Newman Holdman lived in Watledge (and this is Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 10, 2015
- Day 29 - Newman, Oldman or Holdman?Today is the start of my family research and in this particular instance, my mother’s side of the family. So this post would most likely be of interest to my Newman relatives.
Left London early to catch the train to Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 9, 2015
- Day 25 - Royalty and DemocracyA tiring day, but ultimately a good day.
Today there was the “Colonel’s Review” which is in reality a dress rehearsal for the trooping of the colours, which occurs next Saturday. It did not have all the fancy carriages, but Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 6, 2015
- London churchesWe set off armed with a new book of historical church sites, the best tour guide London has to offer me and we hit the streets in search of perfect steeples, spires, ruins and history. Again we found Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 3, 2015
- last day on tour2/5/15
This morning we got a sleep in and didn’t have to be at breakfast until 7.45. We left Cardiff and headed for Bath crossing back into England.
Bath is the home of Georgian architecture and you guessed it baths. We Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 4, 2015
- Pussy cat Pussy catPussy cat pussy cat where have you been? I've been to London to visit the Queen's baby announcement board, seen her horses and some of the horsemen....outside the palace...👑
We could not blog last night...too tired from gallavanting around looking at... Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 3, 2015
- Getting awayHaving been safely deposited at the airport by Ally we set off at 6:10 for a 10 and a half hour flight to Dubai. Carrying extra in backpacks incase of lost luggage our first flight promised a relaxing start Posted by DeniseUK15 in Denise n Rob UK Tripping | May 2, 2015
- Coming to EnglandWe were staying in La Fleche for two nights. And then we were going on the Eurostar train across the channel to england. The channel tunnel was 280 baguettes depth under sea level that is 120 meters below sea level. Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | May 1, 2015
- London Day 1Ate fish and chips Posted by bjchristie3 in Trip Through Europe | Apr 30, 2015
- england by busSo yesterday we started our top deck tour. We walked the long 150m to the other hotel were the tour left from.
We are on a brand new Volvo top deck bus. There are 24 of us on the tour Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 21, 2015
- Morning has brokenI said it was a peaceful campsite. How noisy are birds? Woke up at 6am with the morning chorus. The field wa Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Apr 20, 2015
- mixed fortunesSo today and yesterday have been a mixed bag.
Yesterday we went looking for more Shaun the sheep with no luck, Naomi even bought the app and it lied. Several times it said “congratulations you have found a new Shaun” and Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 18, 2015
- Packed lunchSo today was another day of sightseeing around London. We took the underground and made our way to Madam Tussards, we didn’t know quite a few of the wax figures as I guess they were famous British people but they Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 16, 2015
- London CallingAfter what seemed like an endless flight we have made it to London. It was a beautiful 20 degrees and sunny on our arrival. We have navigated buying an oyster card to use the underground train system. Earls court is Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Apr 14, 2015
- England - Day two - Tuesday 7th AprilTuesday 7th April
We Posted by kerry needs in 2015 UK trip | Apr 10, 2015