- Riding on Trams with localsTallinn, Estonia
After exploring most of Old Town over recent days we catch an early morning tram towards wooded Kadriorg Park, just to the east of Old Town. Well, we would have done if we had a map. It was sometime Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 20, 2011
- World's most expensive toilet, the Danish flag and Elk SoupTallinn, Estonia
After exploring much of the Old Town by ourselves over previous days we decided to take a free Walking Tour of the City, to learn some of the history and stories behind the sights we had seen. The somewhat Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 19, 2011
- White nights, castles and cathedralsTallinn, Estonia
In a new city, we set out early to explore Tallinn’s Old Town.
As we wonder along Tallinn’s ‘Lower Town’ cobblestone streets we pass the gingerbread houses of medieval merchants now converted into hotels, restaurants and apartment Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 18, 2011
- Buses, Old Town and PancakesRiga, Latvia – Tallinn, Estonia
After an exciting final day in Riga, today we leave one exciting Baltic capital for a promised other.
With no scheduled train services between Riga and Tallinn we travel by bus the four hours north. Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 17, 2011
- EstoniaLocations: Tallinn & Tartu
Highlights: (Tallinn) Beautiful Old Town, Museum of Occupation, Moose Pies & Soup & (Tartu) Gunpowder Cellar Restaurant, Park & River
Description of Highlights:
•Beautiful Old Town – Disney like medieval city, bea Posted by amberraytx in Where in the world are Joe & Amber? | May 19, 2011
- Narva in winter !Just returned from a great trip to the Narva Battlefields in real Eastern Front weather conditions , temerature down to - 18 during the day and a metre of snow at least , gives you a nice flavour of what Posted by Narvaman in Battlefield Tourist | Jan 28, 2011
- Tsekk-tsekk-kas-blogi-ikka-töötab.Niisiis, mõtlesin, et oleks aeg teha esimene postitus ja natukene meie reisi eestist-austraalia. Kõige pealt pean ikka mainima, et minu jaoks on suuuuuur suuur suuur asi minna ära kaugele lähedastest ja kodust. Aga õnneks on mul kaasas üks lähedane kampaj Posted by austraalia in Meie tegemised. | Jan 15, 2011
- Cruise to TallinnHi again,
Since I've started writing about all my latest trip I must continue with that until next trip which is planned in the end of February. This trip was a very short one between Christmas and New Years Eve. Posted by aggro in Clara's travel blog | Jan 12, 2011
- Exploring TallinTo the beach! – Despite the coast being surrounded by heavy industry and docklands we heard there was one. We past the memorial to the Tallin ferry disaster and headed into the streets of real Estonia. High rise flats and Posted by asprey in Uk to Oz 2008 | Aug 15, 2010
- Change of PlanWe had a lie in, which is not an easy thing to do in an eight-bed dorm. A short city tour took up most of the day.
The old city was gorgeous, narrow streets, castles and cobbled roa Posted by asprey in Uk to Oz 2008 | Aug 15, 2010
- £25 Easyjet to EstoniaWe arrived at the Standstead and did what you do at airports – wait around. The nerves danced around in my stomach as I tried to come to terms with the reality of it all. Sarah, as usual, was alive Posted by asprey in Uk to Oz 2008 | Aug 15, 2010
- 08.07.2010Kodumaa tervitas meid auväärselt põhjala suvega. Esimesel nädalal oli 12-14 kraadiste ilmadega tarvis isegi elektriradiaatori abi, et endale inimväärset olemist korraldada.
Praegusek Posted by PankuPanku in Elu Tais | Jul 8, 2010
- Tallinn Free DayGot up this morning to discover that it had rained overnight. Gone are the beautiful blue skies that greeted us yesterday when we arrived.
Not surprisingly, the bike tour was cancelled. :(
But we braved the elements to check out the Palace, Posted by noraht in How to use up Long Service Leave | May 4, 2010
- Tallinn arrivalTallinn here we come.
A short walk from our Hotel in Helsinki got us to the Tram and then to the wharf. Alarge ferry took us across the great expanse (60km) to Estonia. There was much entertainment to be had on Posted by noraht in How to use up Long Service Leave | May 3, 2010
- Chapter IIniih... on 8 aprill. olen eestis olnud tsips üle 2 kuu. see on väga mõnn olnud. kuigi tundub nagu oleks liiga vähe käidud, aga kus sa käid, kui lumevallid igalpool ees. nüüd see probleem vaikselt laheneb, ja inimeste näodki on Posted by pedroozo in Australia 2010 | Apr 8, 2010
- Talvepuhkus12. detsembriks olid kõik asjad pakitud, ilm ilus ( +12 C ja päike) ja minema me hakkasimegi. Paljud sõbrad uurisid enne teeleasumist, et kuidas ometi plaanime me oma ratastega mikrokuudiga kohale jõuda – no eks vaadake.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by Naksitrall in Tiibetlased Belgias | Jan 18, 2010
- In TallinnWell i am now in Tallinn (Estonia) but i almost did not make it out of Russia. As i was arriving at the border i was thinking that i have had enough difficulties with passports and visas for one Posted by Mike Lee in The Trip | Sep 25, 2009
- Minu tänased toimetamised ...Kuivõrd meie värske rahvatantsuansambel Nordic CF Advisory (http://www.nordicadvisory.com/m&a-team) vajab tähelepanu, siis oled väga oodatud meie ansambli kodulehel http://www.nordicadvisory.com. [[http://www.nordicadvisory.com/capital-rais Posted by jakokruuse in Jako Ladina-Ameerikas | Sep 18, 2009
- The Traveler Funk
I'll admit it. I was bored. I was kind of tired too. It all looked the same by now. Don't get me wrong, the history and beauty of the renovated city centers and the revitalization of the old t Posted by triptime in Izzy's Blogsite | Aug 19, 2009
- Tallinn and surrounding area in 3 daysSo we got to Tallinn around 8:00 am. Once we got oriented, we realized that the old town district was just across the road from the train station. After wondering around the old town district with mouths agape, Posted by TB_Ddizzle in Round the World with TB and D-dizzle | Jul 4, 2009
- Estonian Tourism openedHi Estonian Tourism blog is now offifialy opened.
New posts coming soon so stay tuned! :) Posted by inestonia in Estonia Tourism | Jun 30, 2009
- Tallinn!Tricked by the fairly inexpensive cost of booking passage on board the Tallink/Silja line between Stockholm and Tallinn, Laura and I jumped at the possibility of venturing into the territory of the former Soviet Union. This is in marked Posted by DavidJFabe in David Faber's Travel Blog | Jun 24, 2009
- Estonia boundOver the past week I've been watching the Rick Steves episodes that correspond to the various places that Laura and I will be visiting. A few days ago we watched the Stockholm episode in which he devoted a sizable Posted by DavidJFabe in David Faber's Travel Blog | May 18, 2009
- To Riga (Latvia)I didn’t quite say all I wanted to about Tartu. My first night there, the fellows running my hostel recommended I dine at an establishment called Crepp, just down the main street. After walking the length of the street to Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | May 3, 2009
- To Tartu (Estonia)By way of posting about current travels for a moment, today I left Birmingham for the last time. It was quite a journey: 4 different trains and 11 hours between quitting my home in Lichfield and arrival, but I am Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | May 1, 2009