- Tallinn Night 5 PhotosSent from Samsung Mobile
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/398586/16_1311 Posted by KateThatcher in Katie & Christine's Travel Blog | Jul 28, 2011
- Day 5 Tallinn PhotosSent from Samsung Mobile
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/398586/3_1311913 Posted by KateThatcher in Katie & Christine's Travel Blog | Jul 28, 2011
- Day 5 Tallinn PhotosSent from Samsung Mobile
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/398586/3_1311912 Posted by KateThatcher in Katie & Christine's Travel Blog | Jul 28, 2011
- Day 4 Tallinn DiaryHi all,
Our hotel is beautiful, modern, hi tech and spacious. Walked into Tallin old town. Amazingly well preserved medeival buildings- very pretty. Had a couple of beers drunk from earthenware tankards and served by young people in medeival Posted by KateThatcher in Katie & Christine's Travel Blog | Jul 27, 2011
- Day 3 Tallinn DiaryHi all!
Day 3 + not good! Miraculously we made the flight. Some rushed packing and random objects left behind like pyjama bottoms, eyeliner and common sense.
Slept on plane severely hung over. Arrived in Tallinn on time, straight onto Posted by KateThatcher in Katie & Christine's Travel Blog | Jul 26, 2011
- Night 4 Tallinn PhotosSent from Samsung Mobile
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/398586/3_1311842 Posted by KateThatcher in Katie & Christine's Travel Blog | Jul 27, 2011
- Day 4 Tallinn PhotosSent from Samsung Mobile
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/398586/3_1311840 Posted by KateThatcher in Katie & Christine's Travel Blog | Jul 27, 2011
- Tallin Days Out of the CityIts hot and we want a day out -
Open air museum here we come - basing our decision and this information
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274 Posted by komradeKami in kamitravels | Jul 8, 2011
- 30th June 2011It was a very quiet night's sleep in the national park, which was nice for a change. In the morning we drove to Tartu, taking what seemed like a lot of back roads but were probably main roads for Estonia. Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Jul 1, 2011
- 29th June 2011Today we headed out to Lahemaa National Park in northern Estonia. Our first stop was the town of Palmse to pick up a detailed map of the area. We had planned to hire bikes to ride around the park but Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Jun 30, 2011
- 28th June 2011We were boiling hot when we woke up this morning – we knew we were in for a warm one. After having a very awkward communal shower, we left the caravan park and looked for a car park just down Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Jun 30, 2011
- 27th June 2011Today we made the ferry crossing across the Baltic to Estonia. Garmin told us the ferry terminal was five minutes away. Of course, it took 30 minutes. Luckily we left early enough so that we weren't late but we were Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Jun 30, 2011
- Riding on Trams with localsTallinn, Estonia
After exploring most of Old Town over recent days we catch an early morning tram towards wooded Kadriorg Park, just to the east of Old Town. Well, we would have done if we had a map. It was sometime Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 20, 2011
- World's most expensive toilet, the Danish flag and Elk SoupTallinn, Estonia
After exploring much of the Old Town by ourselves over previous days we decided to take a free Walking Tour of the City, to learn some of the history and stories behind the sights we had seen. The somewhat Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 19, 2011
- White nights, castles and cathedralsTallinn, Estonia
In a new city, we set out early to explore Tallinn’s Old Town.
As we wonder along Tallinn’s ‘Lower Town’ cobblestone streets we pass the gingerbread houses of medieval merchants now converted into hotels, restaurants and apartment Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 18, 2011
- Buses, Old Town and PancakesRiga, Latvia – Tallinn, Estonia
After an exciting final day in Riga, today we leave one exciting Baltic capital for a promised other.
With no scheduled train services between Riga and Tallinn we travel by bus the four hours north. Posted by jamesh1066 in Overland from Europe to China and beyond | Jun 17, 2011
- EstoniaLocations: Tallinn & Tartu
Highlights: (Tallinn) Beautiful Old Town, Museum of Occupation, Moose Pies & Soup & (Tartu) Gunpowder Cellar Restaurant, Park & River
Description of Highlights:
•Beautiful Old Town – Disney like medieval city, bea Posted by amberraytx in Where in the world are Joe & Amber? | May 19, 2011
- Narva in winter !Just returned from a great trip to the Narva Battlefields in real Eastern Front weather conditions , temerature down to - 18 during the day and a metre of snow at least , gives you a nice flavour of what Posted by Narvaman in Battlefield Tourist | Jan 28, 2011
- Tsekk-tsekk-kas-blogi-ikka-töötab.Niisiis, mõtlesin, et oleks aeg teha esimene postitus ja natukene meie reisi eestist-austraalia. Kõige pealt pean ikka mainima, et minu jaoks on suuuuuur suuur suuur asi minna ära kaugele lähedastest ja kodust. Aga õnneks on mul kaasas üks lähedane kampaj Posted by austraalia in Meie tegemised. | Jan 15, 2011
- Cruise to TallinnHi again,
Since I've started writing about all my latest trip I must continue with that until next trip which is planned in the end of February. This trip was a very short one between Christmas and New Years Eve. Posted by aggro in Clara's travel blog | Jan 12, 2011
- Exploring TallinTo the beach! – Despite the coast being surrounded by heavy industry and docklands we heard there was one. We past the memorial to the Tallin ferry disaster and headed into the streets of real Estonia. High rise flats and Posted by asprey in Uk to Oz 2008 | Aug 15, 2010
- Change of PlanWe had a lie in, which is not an easy thing to do in an eight-bed dorm. A short city tour took up most of the day.
The old city was gorgeous, narrow streets, castles and cobbled roa Posted by asprey in Uk to Oz 2008 | Aug 15, 2010
- £25 Easyjet to EstoniaWe arrived at the Standstead and did what you do at airports – wait around. The nerves danced around in my stomach as I tried to come to terms with the reality of it all. Sarah, as usual, was alive Posted by asprey in Uk to Oz 2008 | Aug 15, 2010
- 08.07.2010Kodumaa tervitas meid auväärselt põhjala suvega. Esimesel nädalal oli 12-14 kraadiste ilmadega tarvis isegi elektriradiaatori abi, et endale inimväärset olemist korraldada.
Praegusek Posted by PankuPanku in Elu Tais | Jul 8, 2010
- Tallinn Free DayGot up this morning to discover that it had rained overnight. Gone are the beautiful blue skies that greeted us yesterday when we arrived.
Not surprisingly, the bike tour was cancelled. :(
But we braved the elements to check out the Palace, Posted by noraht in How to use up Long Service Leave | May 4, 2010