Blog Entries tagged 'Europe'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Europe'
- Belated Honeymoon - Euro StyleHere is where we are going!
For 18 days!
[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?user=davekatie&tripid=728058|Our Trip]] Posted by davekatie in Our Travels | Mar 25, 2015
- Walking Tour of BrindisiHaving arrived on the overnight train from Rome (via Bari) I was exhausted. I knew I had a long wait and had known it since setting off the day before.
It was around 9am when the train pulled into the station Posted by jampez77 in Travelling Fool | Mar 17, 2015
- The fifth season beginsThe first leg of the journey to Cologne - a train to Hamburg - involves a short sea crossing where the entire train is loaded onto a ferry. The train passengers all have to disembark for the duration of the Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Feb 15, 2015
- Probably the best capital in ScandinaviaCopenhagen is a straightforward journey from Stockholm, just five hours on a comfortable train with free wifi. It's an overcast day and the countryside we pass through doesn't engage my attention, to the point where I have to battle to Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Feb 2, 2015
- Thank you for the musicI've come to Stockholm because of a lifelong love affair. I'm here to visit ABBA the Museum, an extensive memorial to the group that opened in 2013. I would be here regardless of ABBA's somewhat maligned reputation in the mainstream Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Jan 24, 2015
- Ljubljana, SloveniaNext stop the gorgeous Ljubljana! Another city that I walked into blind. My eyes are open now, this is on my list of amazing places (I am not convinced that many places I have blogged about haven’t made that list, Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Jan 14, 2015
- Krakow, PolandHello friends, strangers and acquaintances. I have been on the move again! Thrilling stuff. So much more of Europe to see, not nearly enough time or money to see it all… but I am doing my very best! I decided Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Jan 12, 2015
- Cheese and Chocolate in SwitzerlandSwiss beer is not good.
Swiss chocolate is excellent.
Swiss airports are confusing.
Our plane touches down with a jerk in Switzerland...hang on in France...oh no wait Switzerland. Actually I've no idea where we are and neither does Fern. Our ticket s Posted by rj2v in D.Y.O.T | Dec 9, 2014
- Backpacking in Budapest, Hungary[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fovLQ5X9nM|Backpacking in Budapest: First time to Europe]] Posted by JerseyBoy88 in A. Perez Voyages | Dec 5, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 4]Hey guys heres a very brief one on the photos taken during our Intrepid tour of Eastern Europe, I have decided to pick a few photos out of the lot that standout more rather than upload a month worth of Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 2, 2014
- Dublin, IrelandSo I went to Dublin this weekend. Gotta love spontaneous international trips that are an option for university students that don’t live in a country that is a gazillion miles away from EVERYTHING!!! (Don’t worry Australia, I still love you.) Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Nov 16, 2014
- London London was never a city high on my list to travel to because when I thought of it, I thought of it like my home town, but much much colder. Man was I wrong though.
I knew it would be a Posted by nomadicblonde in Finally fulfilling a dream | Nov 10, 2014
- How it all startedThroughout school, I was never too clear on what it was I wanted to do with my life however I did know that at some point I needed to travel.
After what I consider to be a rather rough year Posted by nomadicblonde in Finally fulfilling a dream | Nov 9, 2014
- Berlin, Germany Ok first something needs to be addressed. I am not travelling anymore. I am settled at my University in Hatfield, England. In fact I have been settled for so long that my room has had a chance to become Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Oct 22, 2014
- pre-trip planningWhen I was in primary school I decided I wanted to be a journalist when I grew up, because I loved writing. One day I asked my parents how much it costs to go to university to study journalism. My Posted by elizavdl in UK/Europe 2014 | Oct 16, 2014
- Gallery of Europe [Part 2]Hey guys, welcome to Gallery of Europe Part 2 where this pretty much covers the best images of our time in Germany plus the Austrian city of Salzburg using my favourite HDR (high dynamic range) photo processing techniques and with Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Oct 1, 2014
- Mauthausen - Concentration Camp Mauthausen is an area in Austria that housed a concentration camp. It has been maintained as a museum following the events of the holocaust. I did not spend much time here, but I felt that it deserved its own post.
This Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 20, 2014
- Vienna, Austria Firstly, and most importantly: my head hurts. A lot…
…. Kids. Alcohol is bad.
I refused however, REFUSED, to let this stop me from enjoying Vienna. Self-inflicted illness is just not a good enough excuse to miss this city. I Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 19, 2014
- Budapest, Hungary So here is a city that I legitimately had no idea what to expect from. Budapest.
No one I know has been to Hungary. I have heard of the country before of course, but apart from having a name that Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 19, 2014
- Romantik Altstadt und Philosophenweg - HeidelbergSo after an overnight stop in Cologne (saw the cathedral, drank some Kölsch...well Lewis did, and saw the Rhine river) we arrived in Heidelberg.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/679578/I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 18, 2014
- Belgrade, SerbiaMy latest little adventure took place in the capital of Serbia, Belgrade. This is an interesting city. Other towns that I have visited in recent days I have described as ‘charming’ and ‘magical’. I am not sure that is fitting Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 15, 2014
- Bosnia and HerzegovinaOur first stop after leaving Croatia was the town of Mostar in Herzegovina. This town holds the bridge ‘Stari Most’ which has become particularly famous for Australians since Hamish and Andy jumped off it in their European ‘gap year’ adventures. Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 12, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - AmsterdamSince arriving in Amsterdam we definitely saw a lot of variety and opposites in cuisine. There is cuisine from all over the world. The biggest noticeable thing was the amount of deep fried American food (and frites stores) and Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- Dubrovnik, Croatia In advance, I don’t think this post will ever be able to do justice to how much I fell in love with this city. I’m a girl that loves history, beaches, mountains, food, coffee and wine. Well….. I may have Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 11, 2014
- Tirana, Albania So today my topdeck tour had a one night stop in Tirana, Albania.
I had no idea how complicated and devastating the history is for this country. It seems that every empire that existed in Eastern Europe throughout history at Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 11, 2014