Blog Entries tagged 'Europe'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Europe'
- The Salzburg FortressBekki was due in today after a day of delays. We thought and hoped she would arrive around 6pm. Since today was Bel’s real birthday we thought that maybe Bekki would arrive in time for dinner. Bekki, was traveling with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- It Does Not Pay To Have A Packed PlanSt. Moritz & Caumasee
Work training ended on this date, and I rushed to catch the train for the last leg of this wonderful journey. I had taken a week's holiday to further explore the wonders around me but I was Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 6, 2014
- A White TobleroneInterlaken & Zermatt
All my life, I have not seen or even touched real snow. That changed on this fateful weekend as I finally had the chance to go up the Alps, or more precisely, Matterhorn
Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 6, 2014
- Mozart in SalzburgIt was raining today, pouring at times. It was a good day to visit the indoor museums.
We took the kids to Mozart’s birthplace. That seemed to be a good place to start. This is a small, 1 bedroom house. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- Made it to SalzburgI’ve lost track of time, half the time I don’t know what date or day of the week it is. Thank goodness for the cell phone.
I’d asked Tobias, our exchange student, if we could spend the night at the last Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 5, 2014
- Strikes and Rain Interupt Travel Off to Munich, first leaving Sunny off at the train station in Nuremburg. This was the beginning of the circus. Sunny was to travel from Nuremburg to Frankfurt to Brussels.
We were told to wait for someone to help us but Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Festivals and RuinsWe had originally planned to go to Munich today but Dieter suggested a new plan to visit a festival in a little town called Ransbach. This festival is a week- long festival to celebrate the church with traditional dances, food Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Canoeing in the Franconian SwiterlandA little about Dieter: Dale and I were going to go to the Middle East for a visit with relatives. I had to do last minute shopping at the mall and boys were small; 1, 3 & 4. Clayton would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 1, 2014
- Poland 2013 Part OneHere is my latest slightly delayed post for a two week trip to Poland I did last October/November.
Day 0: (Travel):
So I left my home town of Nottingham on a National Express Coach to Stansted. I left knowing that my suitcase Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Poland 2013 Part TwoDay 7: Friday 1st November:
So this morning I had a little later start and left around 10:30am and walked down to the Lazienki Park, it was ridiculously cold on this day and so didn't spend too long here but it Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Waterloo, The MonumentThis was a day to reorganize and get ready for the next leg of this trip. Kids slept late, Dale and I sat and drank coffee. Ghislan had already been to the bakery and bought pastries for the kids, rolls Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 29, 2014
- Auschwitz and BirkenauThere is an erie silence as you enter the gates of a place that although the sunshine is there, is cold and dark all the same. We have driven an hour and a half to get to this sacreds ground Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 28, 2014
- A Visit to BrugesIt is good to be back in Belgium, the countryside is so green, air is good, food is good.
We headed out, not so early, to Bruges. This is a city in the Northern part of Belgium, about 1 hour away. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 28, 2014
- Arrivederci ItaliaVenice
I woke up to a smelly surrounding and with an aching back. Lesson of the day - do not stay in cheap hostels near the smaller canals. It stinks during the summer.
The real tou Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 22, 2014
- Sunset to Sunrise - Travel Days MergeThe time has finally come to depart on our adventure. The day began with the trip to LAX from San Diego being uneventful. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a dilemma. Luftansa was looking for people to give up their Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 22, 2014
- Rude Italians (Part 2)Milan+Venice
Okay.....if you've read my (Part 1) post, you would know that I was basically NOT happy with how things were going with my great ITALY weekend escapade. Actually, at that time, I was really scared. Big Italian lady shouting at Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 22, 2014
- Another Day in FlorenceAnother day in Florence is another day in Paradise.
Dinner the night before was an awesome meal. Food before was not great, not what I expected, but it was food. Now we had real vegetables, and great red wine! It was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 21, 2014
- Florence, a Wonderful Place to Visit.For this trip we are traveling with an immediate group of 20 from California, 6 of us are adults. We are part of a larger group totaling maybe 30 kids and 11 adults. The other groups are from Florida. One Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 20, 2014
- Rude Italians (Part 1)Milan + Venice
I don't mean to start off this post with such a negative connotation in my title. But to be honest, this trip to Italy was plainly the worst I had encountered.
Maybe it was me who made the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Waterfalls and river rides Rhine Falls + Basel
Hello Sunday, bright and early! My trip this time was joined again by D.
Rhine Falls is known as the largest waterfall in Europe. It is impressive, but...I had imagined it to be "larger" considering that it Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Of Mountains and LakesMt. Rigi + Lucerne
3 weekends in and I'm already an expert at Swiss transportation system. Making excellent time, I took the cog railway up from Arth Goldau to the summit - Rigi Kulm. The concept was that it's more tiring Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- The City of AssisiIf it is Thursday it must be Assisi. We arrived last night at the Hotel Castillo about 8:30 pm, the restaurant stayed open for us. They served us a 2-course meal: 1 pasta and 2 a meat loaf with gravy Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 19, 2014
- 3 Days and CountingSuddenly we look up and the calendar says its the middle of June. Oh my, where has time gone? As we finish the preparations for our European journey, it is time to make the final reservations on airbnb, check all Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 18, 2014
- Made it to ItalyWhat a long way we have come, both physically and technologically. We left home 22 hours ago and are sitting in the airport in Rome waiting for the rest of our group.
The last couple of days have been so Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 18, 2014
- Why would you want to go to the library?St Gallen
It was a cold, gloomy Sunday as I made my way to St Gallen. My goal on this day - Abbey of St Gall. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it also houses the famous Abbey Library - one of Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 17, 2014