Blog Entries tagged 'Europe'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Europe'
- Food Food Glorious Food! - AmsterdamSince arriving in Amsterdam we definitely saw a lot of variety and opposites in cuisine. There is cuisine from all over the world. The biggest noticeable thing was the amount of deep fried American food (and frites stores) and Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- Dubrovnik, Croatia In advance, I don’t think this post will ever be able to do justice to how much I fell in love with this city. I’m a girl that loves history, beaches, mountains, food, coffee and wine. Well….. I may have Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 11, 2014
- Tirana, Albania So today my topdeck tour had a one night stop in Tirana, Albania.
I had no idea how complicated and devastating the history is for this country. It seems that every empire that existed in Eastern Europe throughout history at Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 11, 2014
- World Cup Fever![img=http: Posted by Jack'sWild in World Cup Fever! | Sep 4, 2014
- The packing puzzleSo for the last few days we have been trying to pack our bags. Here’s a bit about our backpacks; we trawled through reviews and prices on the internet until we eventually managed to find the best value for our Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 1, 2014
- Our First Post
So it is finally happening!! We have both the left the security of our jobs. Our house in Auckland is packed up. Trips to all of our favourite places in Auckland have happened. Our Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 31, 2014
- I'm in a transitional periodI can't think of a more appropriate city to begin my next phase of my journey than Istanbul. As the only city in the world on two continents it's an appropriate bridge, both physically (Bosphorus Bridge) and metaphorically. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Paying Respect to the Great Actors/Singers of YesteryearsThe Canton of Vaud
Of all the places I've been to in Switzerland, the Canton of Vaud is one of those that really have it all.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/684212/20130711_200 Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Aug 21, 2014
- Last Day in EuropeWe had to be at the Belgium airport by 8am Sunday to return the car and pick up another for just 2 days. We were able to arrive right at 8am after sleeping in a rest stop just north of Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 17, 2014
- Copenhagen, the Last Of ScandinaviaWhen we first arrive in a new city we either go to the tourist information center, if we have located it on a map, or we find people and ask directions. Copenhagen was no different.
It was evening when we Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 3, 2014
- First Failed MissionI rented a car in Munich to drive up to Eifel National Park near Cologne. The Nurburgring was also nearby my hotel. I had read that Eifel was Germany's first and only international dark sky park and I Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 3, 2014
- Orebro, the Most Romantic CastleNext stop Sweden; we’d hoped to make both Orebro and Stockholm but alas…. Time was not on our side. Too much time was taken in the journey and not an emphasis on the destination. We chopped out Stockholm; I’m sure Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 1, 2014
- Oslo and Roald AmundsenI awoke at 3:30am to sunlight, not bright sun, but it wasn’t dark at all.
Finally washers and dryers, several of them! We all had clean clothes before leaving for the day of sightseeing.
Our 1st, and it turns out only Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 27, 2014
- Norway GlacierSo now a turn to the East, to Oslo, but first a stop in the Hardanger National Park.
Before we left home Elias saw Hardanger on the map and we thought that it would be a great place to visit. When Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 24, 2014
- Norway, A Most Beautiful CountryBecause we were not on a set timetable I didn’t worry about buying ferry tickets early so once we reached Hirtshels we had to determine our next move which was the Ferry to Kristiansand, Norway. The 1st available crossing was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 21, 2014
- Off to the Hinterlands of Europe, Or NorthwardAfter a day of organizing, buying a camp stove and one last beer garden with Dieter and Inge we were off to the wild blue yonder of Northern Europe.
We car camped just to see how it would be to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 20, 2014
- On the Road in CzechTime to leave Prague, Dieter would be outside the hotel near 11am. We had breakfast that the hotel served: toast, meat, cheese, tomatoes and coffee. From breakfast we finished packing then went out to the square to buy some chocolates, Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2014
- BledBefore I start talking about my travels here, I just want to highly recommend Slovenia to anyone.
I travelled here with my girlfriend, Lydia, for a little break after I'd just came back from Benidorm on a stag do and Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 17, 2014
- Touring Regensburg in the RainWe planned to net up with Dieter, repack, and then head out for Prague. Dieter emailed and asked if we might meet in Regensburg instead at 2pm. I’d wanted Dale to see Regensburg so this would be perfect. What Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2014
- Down Time in GermanyWe promised Tobias that we’d visit and stay a couple of days.
A little about Tobias: he was an exchange student of ours when the boys were in high school. His age is between Clayton and Justin. He stayed with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2014
- BudapestAfter a long month away from home working in the Falklands and also missing my girlfriend's birthday down there made me think about a well deserved break. On my daily 10-15 minute chat per day with her, I mentioned about Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 9, 2014
- A Drive in the Vienna CountrysideA couple of years ago we’d planned to move to Austria for a few months. I had negotiated for a house in the Krems area, an area between Salzburg, Vienna and Prague.
We decided to drive to Krems and just look Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 9, 2014
- Music in ViennaAnother forecast for rain but this time in Vienna, thunderstorms were forecast for night.
First we needed groceries. We saw that a “Bella” supermarket was close to us. Of course we got lost while walking and had to ask directions.
Once Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2014
- The Final ProblemMeiringen & Hasliberg
To my eternal shame, I had completely forgotten that Sherlock Holmes (supposedly) died in the fight with Prof. Moriarty at Reichenbach Falls, Meiringen. Thank heavens for the power of internet in which this famous location popped Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 8, 2014
- Dessert 1st then VivaldiGreat thing that today was warm, 80’s, and sunny. We had to check out of our apt by 11 and no one wanted to wake up.
Dale and I walked to the store for bread, pastries and coffee. We got back Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 7, 2014