Blog Entries tagged 'Europe'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Europe'
- Off to the Hinterlands of Europe, Or NorthwardAfter a day of organizing, buying a camp stove and one last beer garden with Dieter and Inge we were off to the wild blue yonder of Northern Europe.
We car camped just to see how it would be to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 20, 2014
- On the Road in CzechTime to leave Prague, Dieter would be outside the hotel near 11am. We had breakfast that the hotel served: toast, meat, cheese, tomatoes and coffee. From breakfast we finished packing then went out to the square to buy some chocolates, Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2014
- BledBefore I start talking about my travels here, I just want to highly recommend Slovenia to anyone.
I travelled here with my girlfriend, Lydia, for a little break after I'd just came back from Benidorm on a stag do and Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 17, 2014
- Touring Regensburg in the RainWe planned to net up with Dieter, repack, and then head out for Prague. Dieter emailed and asked if we might meet in Regensburg instead at 2pm. I’d wanted Dale to see Regensburg so this would be perfect. What Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2014
- Down Time in GermanyWe promised Tobias that we’d visit and stay a couple of days.
A little about Tobias: he was an exchange student of ours when the boys were in high school. His age is between Clayton and Justin. He stayed with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2014
- BudapestAfter a long month away from home working in the Falklands and also missing my girlfriend's birthday down there made me think about a well deserved break. On my daily 10-15 minute chat per day with her, I mentioned about Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 9, 2014
- A Drive in the Vienna CountrysideA couple of years ago we’d planned to move to Austria for a few months. I had negotiated for a house in the Krems area, an area between Salzburg, Vienna and Prague.
We decided to drive to Krems and just look Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 9, 2014
- Music in ViennaAnother forecast for rain but this time in Vienna, thunderstorms were forecast for night.
First we needed groceries. We saw that a “Bella” supermarket was close to us. Of course we got lost while walking and had to ask directions.
Once Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2014
- The Final ProblemMeiringen & Hasliberg
To my eternal shame, I had completely forgotten that Sherlock Holmes (supposedly) died in the fight with Prof. Moriarty at Reichenbach Falls, Meiringen. Thank heavens for the power of internet in which this famous location popped Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 8, 2014
- Dessert 1st then VivaldiGreat thing that today was warm, 80’s, and sunny. We had to check out of our apt by 11 and no one wanted to wake up.
Dale and I walked to the store for bread, pastries and coffee. We got back Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 7, 2014
- The Beauty of Travelling AloneTicino
After 2 nights in St Moritz, it was time to move on towards Ticino to explore the beautiful Valle Maggia and also the other tourists spots in Ticino.
On my way towards Ascona, I noticed that my train was going to Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 7, 2014
- The Salzburg FortressBekki was due in today after a day of delays. We thought and hoped she would arrive around 6pm. Since today was Bel’s real birthday we thought that maybe Bekki would arrive in time for dinner. Bekki, was traveling with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- It Does Not Pay To Have A Packed PlanSt. Moritz & Caumasee
Work training ended on this date, and I rushed to catch the train for the last leg of this wonderful journey. I had taken a week's holiday to further explore the wonders around me but I was Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 6, 2014
- A White TobleroneInterlaken & Zermatt
All my life, I have not seen or even touched real snow. That changed on this fateful weekend as I finally had the chance to go up the Alps, or more precisely, Matterhorn
Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jul 6, 2014
- Mozart in SalzburgIt was raining today, pouring at times. It was a good day to visit the indoor museums.
We took the kids to Mozart’s birthplace. That seemed to be a good place to start. This is a small, 1 bedroom house. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2014
- Made it to SalzburgI’ve lost track of time, half the time I don’t know what date or day of the week it is. Thank goodness for the cell phone.
I’d asked Tobias, our exchange student, if we could spend the night at the last Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 5, 2014
- Strikes and Rain Interupt Travel Off to Munich, first leaving Sunny off at the train station in Nuremburg. This was the beginning of the circus. Sunny was to travel from Nuremburg to Frankfurt to Brussels.
We were told to wait for someone to help us but Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Festivals and RuinsWe had originally planned to go to Munich today but Dieter suggested a new plan to visit a festival in a little town called Ransbach. This festival is a week- long festival to celebrate the church with traditional dances, food Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Canoeing in the Franconian SwiterlandA little about Dieter: Dale and I were going to go to the Middle East for a visit with relatives. I had to do last minute shopping at the mall and boys were small; 1, 3 & 4. Clayton would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 1, 2014
- Poland 2013 Part OneHere is my latest slightly delayed post for a two week trip to Poland I did last October/November.
Day 0: (Travel):
So I left my home town of Nottingham on a National Express Coach to Stansted. I left knowing that my suitcase Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Poland 2013 Part TwoDay 7: Friday 1st November:
So this morning I had a little later start and left around 10:30am and walked down to the Lazienki Park, it was ridiculously cold on this day and so didn't spend too long here but it Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Waterloo, The MonumentThis was a day to reorganize and get ready for the next leg of this trip. Kids slept late, Dale and I sat and drank coffee. Ghislan had already been to the bakery and bought pastries for the kids, rolls Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 29, 2014
- Auschwitz and BirkenauThere is an erie silence as you enter the gates of a place that although the sunshine is there, is cold and dark all the same. We have driven an hour and a half to get to this sacreds ground Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 28, 2014
- A Visit to BrugesIt is good to be back in Belgium, the countryside is so green, air is good, food is good.
We headed out, not so early, to Bruges. This is a city in the Northern part of Belgium, about 1 hour away. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 28, 2014
- Arrivederci ItaliaVenice
I woke up to a smelly surrounding and with an aching back. Lesson of the day - do not stay in cheap hostels near the smaller canals. It stinks during the summer.
The real tou Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 22, 2014