Blog Entries tagged 'Europe'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Europe'
- Florence, a Wonderful Place to Visit.For this trip we are traveling with an immediate group of 20 from California, 6 of us are adults. We are part of a larger group totaling maybe 30 kids and 11 adults. The other groups are from Florida. One Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 20, 2014
- Rude Italians (Part 1)Milan + Venice
I don't mean to start off this post with such a negative connotation in my title. But to be honest, this trip to Italy was plainly the worst I had encountered.
Maybe it was me who made the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Waterfalls and river rides Rhine Falls + Basel
Hello Sunday, bright and early! My trip this time was joined again by D.
Rhine Falls is known as the largest waterfall in Europe. It is impressive, but...I had imagined it to be "larger" considering that it Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Of Mountains and LakesMt. Rigi + Lucerne
3 weekends in and I'm already an expert at Swiss transportation system. Making excellent time, I took the cog railway up from Arth Goldau to the summit - Rigi Kulm. The concept was that it's more tiring Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- The City of AssisiIf it is Thursday it must be Assisi. We arrived last night at the Hotel Castillo about 8:30 pm, the restaurant stayed open for us. They served us a 2-course meal: 1 pasta and 2 a meat loaf with gravy Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 19, 2014
- 3 Days and CountingSuddenly we look up and the calendar says its the middle of June. Oh my, where has time gone? As we finish the preparations for our European journey, it is time to make the final reservations on airbnb, check all Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 18, 2014
- Made it to ItalyWhat a long way we have come, both physically and technologically. We left home 22 hours ago and are sitting in the airport in Rome waiting for the rest of our group.
The last couple of days have been so Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 18, 2014
- Why would you want to go to the library?St Gallen
It was a cold, gloomy Sunday as I made my way to St Gallen. My goal on this day - Abbey of St Gall. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it also houses the famous Abbey Library - one of Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 17, 2014
- So this is what a city looks like in Europe Baden + Zurich
Baden, being the municipality nearest to Wettingen with a major train station, was the starting point of all my weekend journeys around Switzerland. And since my plan was to go about Zurich, I had enough time in the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 16, 2014
- Guten Morgen SwitzerlandBern & Gruyere
What should i start with? Hmm....
I needed a way to capture my memories in words before I forget them, and already I am one year too late writing this post. Thanks to the opportunity my company gave me, Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 15, 2014
- 3 Days and Counting DownSo 3 days and counting!
We have rented our cars. Since a car may only be rented for 28 days max, we have rented a 9 passenger van for 3 days. We will be able to fit all of us, in Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 14, 2014
- It Really is Always SomethingWell it really is always something!
We were only home 2 days last week, Sat & Sun. We had inspections on Monday, babysat on Tues-Thurs, and drove to Eureka to inspect on Friday and then drove home arriving that night. We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 11, 2014
- A Route Thru EuropeWell we do love our maps, although I tease Dale about being in love with his maps.
We have now obtained maps for driving throughout Europe, free with our AAA Plus. I do find that it is easier to see Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 10, 2014
- Trying to Get This Show on the RoadThis is crazy, I’m leaving for Europe in only 9 days. I’ve only just started to think about this trip seriously. And I’ll be gone for 1-1/2 months, YIKES!
So we had planned to mostly travel by train, a similar trip Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 8, 2014
- Vespa, Wine, and Pasta...continued post on Florence:
Day 3: Piazza Michelangelo & Vespa/Wine Tour
On Day 3, Kelle and I went on a walk on our own to the Piazzale Michelangelo (actually, who am I kidding, it was more like a hike…). Here there is Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jun 7, 2014
- Bill's European Adventure, 2001. Part 6: LjubljanaAug 31
Up out of our wet beds at 6.45 to pack up the miserable, cramped contraption allegedly called a 'tent', and get a bus to Mestre station and the 08.25 train to Ljubljana. To our delight, it's empty, and our Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | May 24, 2014
- Two daysI had popcorn in Budapest... it got me thinking...
Try as I might, I could not remember the last time I'd had popcorn. It's one of those comfort things that's forever been around. We always had a stash of microwaveable Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | May 18, 2014
- TiredI'm tired.
Tired of not having a home,
of people asking if I'm on holiday,
or what my next destination is.
I'm tired of having an answer to that question.
I'm tired of having no place to cook,
and no one to cook for.
Any chance I Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | May 18, 2014
- Defining your overseas exchange Exchange is one of the most defining times of your life depending on how you view it.
Its best for open minded, adventurous people who don't mind spending abit more just to have fun together.
If you are on a Posted by chengyingfang in Europe Exchange | Apr 29, 2014
- Photoblog: Wild Donegal[float=left]For a native of a cosy, leafy corner of suburban south Dublin, the remote wilderness of rural Co Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Apr 27, 2014
- Hello Turkey Bye“Where do you live?” A girl asked. “I live here, now. I live where I’m living” I smartly replied. “Yes, but where’s your home?
Ah. Now that’s the question, isn’t it?
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/614319/larg Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Apr 19, 2014
- My trip to MilanMILAN is Italy’s business capital, urban, and grey (literally since it was drizzling when we got there and everything seemed grey to me). For short trips to Italy, I’d recommend that people skip Milan since it doesn’t fulfill the usual Posted by Kate T. in Itchy Feet | Apr 16, 2014
- En-routeHi. this is a blog, our Europe travel blog. I never thought if write one, always found it odd to write a journal to publish online for others to read. I thought of blogs like I did of reality TV Posted by CeeZeeDeeBP in Spring in Central Europe | Apr 14, 2014
- My Travel MapI'll try to update my travel map with every city I visited. Hope you like. So far I've put my vacation to Europe at the end of 2009 and my travel to Chile in middle of 2011. You can see Posted by fabio.godoy in A sutileza está nos detalhes | Nov 29, 2009
- A New AdventureA new year and a new adventure.
After a year of partying, working, travelling and living over in London and galavanting across Europe, it was time to knuckle down and get stuck into developing my professional self.
For those who don't Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Mar 12, 2014