Blog Entries tagged 'Europe'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Europe'
- Winter trainingI am not a hot weather person. These past ten months of traipsing around Southeast Asia have wrung litres of sweat out of me. My T-shirts are now faded through overwashing, my hiking boots in need of regular Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Apr 19, 2012
- A Symphony for Vienna in D Major – Second Movement A Symphony for Vienna in D Major – Second Movement
Composition by Claytonius Von Idathoven
Accompaniment by Melis Mi Amore
She seems sad today. Her tears of snow glide weightlessly through the sky and the winds icy lips place gentle kisses Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Apr 18, 2012
- A Symphony for Vienna in D Major - First MovementA Symphony for Vienna in D Major - First Movement
Composition by Claytonius Von Idathoven
Accompaniment by Melis Mi Amore
Trumpets announce the arrival of guests as they take their first steps within Vienna.
A slow swell of Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Apr 15, 2012
- More Baroque Than BohemianAh, Prague. One of those picturesque cities of legend. One of those towns I had always dreamt of going and one everyone who's been always loves. A fairytale city. Although I don’t think there is enough fairydust in the world Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Apr 7, 2012
- Some Walls Linger Long After The Rubble Has ClearedAs I write this, we are on a train out of Germany. And thankful for it.
I don’t really know what I expected of the country prior to coming, but we are leaving unimpressed. I do still see the country as Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Apr 7, 2012
- Adventure is just bad planningNorway might only have a population of about 5 million people, but it is a long and thin country. My flight from Oslo to Tromso covers a distance of well over 1,000km and the landscape becomes increasingly bleak and Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Apr 3, 2012
- Wandering and PonderingSo we woke up having just discovered we now had an extra day in The Netherlands. Our next stop was Cologne in Germany, and I thought we had arranged to stay the Saturday night there with a host, but when Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 30, 2012
- Pedal, Paddle and Pussy PowerWith a puff of smoke we arrived in Amsterdam. Getting off the train we could smell something special in the air. No not pot. Well actually yes, but for sake of poetry, I will say excitement. For a city with Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 30, 2012
- Don't make me run, I'm full of chocolate!Leaving Paris was hard. I'll say it. Sick and dying and feeling sorry for myself I wished we were staying. What made things worse was that I had made a mistake with our accommodation so we franticly had to find Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 30, 2012
- The cold has a voice - it talks to meSince returning to England from the last leg of my RTW trip in 2009, it would be fair to say that my income has been on the low side, certainly compared to the halcyon days when I earned a crust Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Mar 29, 2012
- Captured BeautyI just thought I'd give the Louvre a special mention as I think it deserves it. I really love the time and money put into this place to house and display the history of our race through art. It would Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 29, 2012
- From Paris with LoveWell, as I've said previously, we had an amazing time in Paris. We did, saw and experienced so much that I will never forget. But again I find myself in the position of not having time enough to fully express Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 28, 2012
- Paris Gave Me HerpesOk, not herpes, but a horrible fever that left me convulsing and bed ridden. And really, I can only blame myself.
As with any dirty seductress, Paris wasted no time. We went crazy on each other for five days. Day and Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 28, 2012
- Of Castles and Wars - and of DragonsEver since reading books like the Ruins of Gorlan, by John Flanagan, I have been fascinated with medieval England and Europe.
I have always thought that if I travelled back in time I would want to go to the medieval Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Mar 26, 2012
- Under the KiltWell, so much has happened in the short time we have been here. Coming from Australia its pretty mind blowing just how much change can occur with a one or two hour train trip, both cultural and environmental. And Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 23, 2012
- A BOY & HIS TOYSSo I sit in work participating in a special project that gives me periods of time just sitting here waiting for a call to come through.....perfect, as it gives me the chance to sit and type about the upcoming trip.
Todays Posted by fotosyncro in EuroRoadTrip | Mar 22, 2012
- The plan........Who, where & when.==EuroRoadTrip==
I hadn't heard from Marko for a while........ we are both busy (doing what is anybody's guess)...so when I received an email telling me that the lads were thinking of ridin Posted by fotosyncro in EuroRoadTrip | Mar 19, 2012
- We Love Edinburgh Castle
We arrived in Scotland's capital to a procession of bagpipes. Well not exactly, it was some dude busking, but the effect wasn't wasted on us. Anyway, Mel and I fell in love almost immediately Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 10, 2012
- Flashbacks from Stonehenge
[i]Drums. Thumping. Driving
The rhythm hypnotic
Punching my chest with each beat.
The Druids are circling, chanting
Their melodies entrancing.
I dont recognise the language.
I do fee Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 10, 2012
- You sound like you from London!Saturday morning we arose energised and ready to go. Our first port of call was Portobello Markets
in Notting Hill. After the awesome people watching safari that is the local bus system, we arrived at the sea of people that marked Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 8, 2012
- First steps
Under the cover of night we fly in. Scattered in a way only a 24 hour flight can induce, it seems we slowly start to materialise into the real world. Vague and tired, it is only the glimmer of excitement Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Mar 4, 2012
- The Plan. Kind of.“You know, walk the earth, meet people, get into adventures. Like Caine from Kung Fu.”- Jules Winnfield.
Well Jules, as tempting as that sounds, I haven’t decided to be a bum. So below is, for the most part, a very rough Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Feb 20, 2012
- Gotta begin somewhere...Well, one month out and I guess it feels time to put something down. Although it may seem strange writing a travel blog before actually going travelling, I have to admit I have actually been putting it off. The reason Posted by Clayton30 in Heiho | Jan 21, 2012
The last six months of my life have been a wild roller coaster ride to say the least. I finished my junior year at University of De Posted by la vita bella in La Vita Bella | Dec 31, 2011
- Europe and Africa through the Eyes of my iPhoneI've spent the last three and a half months of my life studying abroad through University of Denver's Cherrington Global Scholars program, and a large part of that time has been spent out and about traveling Europe, exploring everything I Posted by la vita bella in La Vita Bella | Dec 17, 2011