Blog Entries tagged 'Europe'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Europe'
- Poland 2013 Part OneHere is my latest slightly delayed post for a two week trip to Poland I did last October/November.
Day 0: (Travel):
So I left my home town of Nottingham on a National Express Coach to Stansted. I left knowing that my suitcase Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Poland 2013 Part TwoDay 7: Friday 1st November:
So this morning I had a little later start and left around 10:30am and walked down to the Lazienki Park, it was ridiculously cold on this day and so didn't spend too long here but it Posted by KayleighTwyman in Bitten By The Travel Bug | Jun 29, 2014
- Waterloo, The MonumentThis was a day to reorganize and get ready for the next leg of this trip. Kids slept late, Dale and I sat and drank coffee. Ghislan had already been to the bakery and bought pastries for the kids, rolls Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 29, 2014
- Auschwitz and BirkenauThere is an erie silence as you enter the gates of a place that although the sunshine is there, is cold and dark all the same. We have driven an hour and a half to get to this sacreds ground Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 28, 2014
- A Visit to BrugesIt is good to be back in Belgium, the countryside is so green, air is good, food is good.
We headed out, not so early, to Bruges. This is a city in the Northern part of Belgium, about 1 hour away. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 28, 2014
- Arrivederci ItaliaVenice
I woke up to a smelly surrounding and with an aching back. Lesson of the day - do not stay in cheap hostels near the smaller canals. It stinks during the summer.
The real tou Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 22, 2014
- Sunset to Sunrise - Travel Days MergeThe time has finally come to depart on our adventure. The day began with the trip to LAX from San Diego being uneventful. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a dilemma. Luftansa was looking for people to give up their Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 22, 2014
- Rude Italians (Part 2)Milan+Venice
Okay.....if you've read my (Part 1) post, you would know that I was basically NOT happy with how things were going with my great ITALY weekend escapade. Actually, at that time, I was really scared. Big Italian lady shouting at Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 22, 2014
- Another Day in FlorenceAnother day in Florence is another day in Paradise.
Dinner the night before was an awesome meal. Food before was not great, not what I expected, but it was food. Now we had real vegetables, and great red wine! It was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 21, 2014
- Florence, a Wonderful Place to Visit.For this trip we are traveling with an immediate group of 20 from California, 6 of us are adults. We are part of a larger group totaling maybe 30 kids and 11 adults. The other groups are from Florida. One Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 20, 2014
- Rude Italians (Part 1)Milan + Venice
I don't mean to start off this post with such a negative connotation in my title. But to be honest, this trip to Italy was plainly the worst I had encountered.
Maybe it was me who made the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Waterfalls and river rides Rhine Falls + Basel
Hello Sunday, bright and early! My trip this time was joined again by D.
Rhine Falls is known as the largest waterfall in Europe. It is impressive, but...I had imagined it to be "larger" considering that it Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- Of Mountains and LakesMt. Rigi + Lucerne
3 weekends in and I'm already an expert at Swiss transportation system. Making excellent time, I took the cog railway up from Arth Goldau to the summit - Rigi Kulm. The concept was that it's more tiring Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 20, 2014
- The City of AssisiIf it is Thursday it must be Assisi. We arrived last night at the Hotel Castillo about 8:30 pm, the restaurant stayed open for us. They served us a 2-course meal: 1 pasta and 2 a meat loaf with gravy Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 19, 2014
- 3 Days and CountingSuddenly we look up and the calendar says its the middle of June. Oh my, where has time gone? As we finish the preparations for our European journey, it is time to make the final reservations on airbnb, check all Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 18, 2014
- Made it to ItalyWhat a long way we have come, both physically and technologically. We left home 22 hours ago and are sitting in the airport in Rome waiting for the rest of our group.
The last couple of days have been so Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 18, 2014
- Why would you want to go to the library?St Gallen
It was a cold, gloomy Sunday as I made my way to St Gallen. My goal on this day - Abbey of St Gall. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it also houses the famous Abbey Library - one of Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 17, 2014
- So this is what a city looks like in Europe Baden + Zurich
Baden, being the municipality nearest to Wettingen with a major train station, was the starting point of all my weekend journeys around Switzerland. And since my plan was to go about Zurich, I had enough time in the Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 16, 2014
- Guten Morgen SwitzerlandBern & Gruyere
What should i start with? Hmm....
I needed a way to capture my memories in words before I forget them, and already I am one year too late writing this post. Thanks to the opportunity my company gave me, Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Jun 15, 2014
- 3 Days and Counting DownSo 3 days and counting!
We have rented our cars. Since a car may only be rented for 28 days max, we have rented a 9 passenger van for 3 days. We will be able to fit all of us, in Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 14, 2014
- It Really is Always SomethingWell it really is always something!
We were only home 2 days last week, Sat & Sun. We had inspections on Monday, babysat on Tues-Thurs, and drove to Eureka to inspect on Friday and then drove home arriving that night. We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 11, 2014
- A Route Thru EuropeWell we do love our maps, although I tease Dale about being in love with his maps.
We have now obtained maps for driving throughout Europe, free with our AAA Plus. I do find that it is easier to see Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 10, 2014
- Trying to Get This Show on the RoadThis is crazy, I’m leaving for Europe in only 9 days. I’ve only just started to think about this trip seriously. And I’ll be gone for 1-1/2 months, YIKES!
So we had planned to mostly travel by train, a similar trip Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 8, 2014
- Vespa, Wine, and Pasta...continued post on Florence:
Day 3: Piazza Michelangelo & Vespa/Wine Tour
On Day 3, Kelle and I went on a walk on our own to the Piazzale Michelangelo (actually, who am I kidding, it was more like a hike…). Here there is Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jun 7, 2014
- Bill's European Adventure, 2001. Part 6: LjubljanaAug 31
Up out of our wet beds at 6.45 to pack up the miserable, cramped contraption allegedly called a 'tent', and get a bus to Mestre station and the 08.25 train to Ljubljana. To our delight, it's empty, and our Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | May 24, 2014