- Wednesday 29thThe ship was cleaned top to bottom both inside and out. Magnus got his diving gear on and scrubbed he bottom while the rest of cleaned the inside and stored the new provisions for the trip.
The forepeak ( Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 29, 2013
- 28 MayToday we went on a battlefield trip around the island. This was a full day of poignant visits as the date is a significant date for some of the battles. We arrived at the Lt.Col. 'H ' Jones memorial Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 29, 2013
- Monday 27thWe have arrived in the Falklands. We arrived late last night. You may already know that if you are watching the tracker!!!!!
The day was spent sleeping to catch up from the sleep deprivation from the last 3 days. Heaven Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 29, 2013
- Falkland Islands Pt 330th March
This morning we headed for the grass airstrip where the FIGAS plane was arriving to take us to Carcass Island. Carcass Island lies to the northwest of the Falkland Islands archipelago. It is 6.5km off Hope Point, the nearest Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Apr 7, 2013
- Falkland Island Pt 2.25th March
This morning we headed off to Sea Lion Island. It was only a 5 minute drive up the road to the local airport where we were to fly on an 8 seater FIGAS (Falkland Islands Government Air Service) plane. Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Apr 7, 2013
- Falkland Islands Pt 121st March
We awoke early this morning as we were getting off the ship in the Falklands. We had left most of the packing till the last minute due to the rough seas. The ship went through the narrow neck to Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Apr 4, 2013
- The Falkland Islands
I fell in love with the Falklands almost immediately. From the ocean, the Falklands appear to be a barren Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 14, 2012
- Falkland IslandsThis is the port we were most excited about visiting. After all, we did name this blog based on originally spending a week here to visit the wild life. Over 50% of the ships do not arrive in the Falklands Posted by winmouse in Falking Off | Dec 16, 2009
- South Georgia - Part 2We'd arrived in Prince Olaf Harbour the previous evening and Steph and I had agreed to do harbor watch that morning from 4 to 8am.
We awoke early and found that it was still foggy and dark. The Seals and Penguins Posted by Taffski in South America (Second Time lucky!) | May 17, 2007
- South Georgia - Part 1
We arrived late in the evening and the weather closed in and we were soon enveloped in a blanket of Fog. We could hear and smell the land, however, it was too dangerous for us to Anchor Posted by Taffski in South America (Second Time lucky!) | May 17, 2007
- A new career path?Today we are back at sea, so I’ve actually had a little bit of time to do some reflecting and writing. Yesterday I assisted with my first cold water landing. There is nothing sexier than me in hip Posted by lindseytj in Adventures Aboard The World | Jan 9, 2007