- Day 12 - The Falkland IslandsThis is our first port where we have to get tender ships to the docks - the crew lower 4 or 5 of the life-rafts into the water and shuttle the passengers backwards and forwards.
We'd been asked to get the Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Mar 9, 2017
- Feb 26 - FALKLAND ISLANDS/PORT STANLEY, UK
Penguins, as promised!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/ Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 27, 2017
- Feb 26 - FALKLAND ISLANDS/PORT STANLEY, UK
On Saturday's travel day at sea we heard, first hand, Sir General Michael Rose's account of his role and the course of events in the 1982 liberation of the Falkland Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 27, 2017
- Stanley. East FalklandThis morning was cold, windy and very bleak as we approached the port of Stanley on the Falkland Island. Today's visit is a tendered port which requires us to be ferried from ship to shore in small boats. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 25, 2015
- Arriving West FalklandsSunday 23rd November Bright, Wind F4, 8deg C.
Arrived off West Point Island, West Falklands. Our first wearing of the heavy weather gear provided and visit ashore in the Zodiacs (RIBs to the English!). As we headed ashore were delighted to Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 23, 2014
- Wednesday 29thThe ship was cleaned top to bottom both inside and out. Magnus got his diving gear on and scrubbed he bottom while the rest of cleaned the inside and stored the new provisions for the trip.
The forepeak ( Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 29, 2013
- 28 MayToday we went on a battlefield trip around the island. This was a full day of poignant visits as the date is a significant date for some of the battles. We arrived at the Lt.Col. 'H ' Jones memorial Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 29, 2013
- Monday 27thWe have arrived in the Falklands. We arrived late last night. You may already know that if you are watching the tracker!!!!!
The day was spent sleeping to catch up from the sleep deprivation from the last 3 days. Heaven Posted by AndyWi1son in Cape Horn to Cape Town | May 29, 2013
- Falkland Islands Pt 330th March
This morning we headed for the grass airstrip where the FIGAS plane was arriving to take us to Carcass Island. Carcass Island lies to the northwest of the Falkland Islands archipelago. It is 6.5km off Hope Point, the nearest Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Apr 7, 2013
- Falkland Island Pt 2.25th March
This morning we headed off to Sea Lion Island. It was only a 5 minute drive up the road to the local airport where we were to fly on an 8 seater FIGAS (Falkland Islands Government Air Service) plane. Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Apr 7, 2013
- Falkland Islands Pt 121st March
We awoke early this morning as we were getting off the ship in the Falklands. We had left most of the packing till the last minute due to the rough seas. The ship went through the narrow neck to Posted by shaneandnicola in Shane and Nicola's latest adventure | Apr 4, 2013
- The Falkland Islands
I fell in love with the Falklands almost immediately. From the ocean, the Falklands appear to be a barren Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 14, 2012
- Falkland IslandsThis is the port we were most excited about visiting. After all, we did name this blog based on originally spending a week here to visit the wild life. Over 50% of the ships do not arrive in the Falklands Posted by winmouse in Falking Off | Dec 16, 2009
- South Georgia - Part 2We'd arrived in Prince Olaf Harbour the previous evening and Steph and I had agreed to do harbor watch that morning from 4 to 8am.
We awoke early and found that it was still foggy and dark. The Seals and Penguins Posted by Taffski in South America (Second Time lucky!) | May 17, 2007
- South Georgia - Part 1
We arrived late in the evening and the weather closed in and we were soon enveloped in a blanket of Fog. We could hear and smell the land, however, it was too dangerous for us to Anchor Posted by Taffski in South America (Second Time lucky!) | May 17, 2007
- A new career path?Today we are back at sea, so I’ve actually had a little bit of time to do some reflecting and writing. Yesterday I assisted with my first cold water landing. There is nothing sexier than me in hip Posted by lindseytj in Adventures Aboard The World | Jan 9, 2007