- The silly seasonSo to Helsinki we went for (what we thought would be) a guaranteed white christmas!! Exciting!
We arrived on the 23rd and were quickly advised to stock up on food and drinks as evr Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Jan 2, 2017
- An Anniversary to RememberI love the breakfast here; smoked salmon, herring, veggies and coffee. We will try more of these breakfasts at home
We had to get out for our reindeer safari at 10am so we had to eat breakfast sooner than later. We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 20, 2016
- Finally, The Glass IglooWe wanted to take the early bus up to Kakslauttanen, the resort that was the original purpose of this trip. There is no train north, hence the bus ride. We left our room by 7:15 and walked to the bus Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 18, 2016
- Rovaniemi, Another DayWe got our bearings and were able to walk all over. We started by walking down to a Coffee Shop by the Square for coffee and some pastry, then back to the room to leave off my laptop. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/204290/IMG_20161214_091023065.jp Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 17, 2016
- Rovaniemi, Lapland, The Land of SantaWe’ve been spoiled with having our own sauna, eating fish and veggies for breakfast and fast quiet trains.
One last train ride, to Rovaniemi. But first a walk down to the Baltic to see the sunrise and maybe shoot some photos. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 17, 2016
- Off to OuluAnd so the train moves on, quickly to the north. On towards the Arctic Circle.
It was dark when we boarde Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 14, 2016
- Visiting KuopioAnother train ride working our way north. This time the stop was Kuopio.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 13, 2016
- Today it's TampereWe thought it was cold, but it has gotten colder, more snow on the ground and less light in the day.
We h Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 12, 2016
- On to TurkuWe wanted to hop on an early morning train, but alas, we took too long getting packed up so didn’t arrive in Turku until early afternoon. The cab driver to our hotel gave us some ideas for dinner and things Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 11, 2016
- Helsinki Day 2After oversleeping and missing our free breakfast, we had to rush to the Cathedral at Senate Square for the free noon concert.
We arrived at the Square before noon and were surprised to find a group of people on the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 10, 2016
- Helsinki Day 124-hours from leaving our house to landing in Helsinki; 9:30pm and -10F. We hoisted up our backpacks and we were off on a new adventure.
After a great, and free breakfast we went to the tourist information office to find out Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Dec 8, 2016
- Austin, then Sweden, Finland and Russia
Baker Hughes supports many universities and UT-Austin has always had a good relationship, We sponsored multiple laboratories in the Petroleum Engineering department and it Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Oct 31, 2016
- Day 18. On Tour in TallinnOK – now, on to Helsinki. The trip here was uneventful and the whole day yesterday was taken up with getting here. The flight was only one hour long but was right in the middle of the day Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 30, 2016
- Day 12 Helsinki, FinlandA sleep in had been arranged. Unfortunately, cruise director Lukin failed to receive the memo. The phone rang just before 8am and we were up and at it and on our way to the city by 9.15. We were able Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 28, 2016
- Day 89Yesterday was our last day in Finland. Today we are getting organized and leaving our apartment before noon to return our car to the rental agency and to board our first flight of three that will get us back to Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 29, 2016
- Helsinki and ferry back to Germany!It's a long time ago, but I clearly remember driving into Helsinki, parking the car, checking into the hotel and all of us collapsing on the lush comfortable double beds, and just crashing out for a few hours, weary after Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 27, 2016
- Helsinki...tick!When planning our trip, the flight from St Petersburg to Budapest was via Helsinki. We'd heard great things about Finland so rather than spend 2 hours, we thought we'd spend 2 days. It was an opportunity to see Helsinki Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 27, 2016
- Day 88This morning we drove over to the Silja ferry terminal and caught the "Super Star" ferry over to Tallinn, Estonia. This is our 14th country on this trip. This is a two-hour ferry ride.
Reta took pictures from an Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 27, 2016
- Day 87This morning our niece and her husband picked us up and we toured their home city of Espoo and Helsinki.
Lunch time found us at Haltia, The Finnish Nature Centre, which is on the west side of Espoo. We had Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 27, 2016
- Day 86This morning we left Rauma. We had a restful night in spite of the festival. Our fellow hotel guests were very quiet when they returned from their music festival.
We drove to the Sammallahdenmaki World Heritage Site. Archaeologists Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 25, 2016
- Day 85Today is Midsummer Eve. There were some businesses open in the morning but few by the evening, as this is the time of celebration. Traditionally, you would spend the weekend with your family, preferably at a lake or Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 24, 2016
- Day 84We woke to a bright sunny morning. After breakfast we drove to Hanko on the southwest shore of Finland.
Hanko is known for being a summer resort along the Baltic Sea for the wealthy Finns and Russians in the late Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 83This morning we were out waiting for our airport bus at 6:30 AM. While we waited we noticed the beautiful tree that our friend Ferdinand and his flowers sit under.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_2300_-..s_sit_under.jpg caption=Beaut Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 22, 2016
- Delhi to MarbellaBeware this airline if you fly with them in winter:
So we flew with Finnair to Helsinki on an A340. The flight was good but we arrived in light snow and all they had was a bus from the Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Feb 21, 2016
- Finland 6/30/2017~ Day 1
Well, after the longest plane ride i've ever been on in my whole life, 14 hours... I am so happy to say I have finally arrived in Helsinki, Finland. I have never been so happy to be off Posted by EmilyBusby123 in World Trip | Dec 10, 2015