- TurkuSyksyinen piipahdus Turussa.
Edellisestä käynnistä Turun linnasta on aika monta vuotta. Linnalta keskustaan päin Aurajoen rantaa kävellessä olivat näkymät kohdallaan.
Kulttuuri ja ruokatarjonta olivat erittäin kiitettäviä. Tämän kerran hienoin homma Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Nov 18, 2013
- RaumaLoman lopuksi pyrähdys Kiviniityn kotieläinpuiston kautta Raumalle.
Kyllä siinä riittikin ihmettelemistä, kuinka Rauma voikaan viihdyttää.
Johtuiko pitsiviikoista vai mistä, mutta paikallisväestö oli poikkeuksellisen vastaanottavaista ja seurallista. Posted by vilmalotta in Levoton sielu | Nov 18, 2013
- Helsinki [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Finland/|Finland]]
My European sojourn Finnished in mid-October with my visit to Helsinki. I never intended to travel to Finland, but since the cheapest flight route between Budapes Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Nov 14, 2013
- A Farrow Farewell: Last European stop for the piggiesIn the last 15 months the piggies have traveled from the US to: Ireland, France, Italy, Tunisia, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Ukraine, the Republic of Georgia Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Sep 26, 2013
- Estonia, Latvia, and tomorrow to RussiaBefore I go on, firstly sorry that last week's blog/email didn't eventuate. I had good intentions, but ended up feeling rather drained after the World Champs week finished (excitement of watching the relay, then a night of partying, then a Posted by LS overland in L & S Finland to Australia overland trip | Aug 21, 2013
- Manchester-HelsinkiGetting up at 5am after not doing it for ages was so very difficult! :P However, I wanted time to soak in that wonderful tub! :D I rearranged all my items so that my bags were evenly distributed Posted by Peliroja in Trans-Siberian Railroad + Eurasian Tour | Aug 18, 2013
- Finnish frivolities and downright drunkenness I would like to start by saying that none of the drunkenness in the title involved either of us, sorry to disappoint...
Like the other Nordic countries, alcohol consumption is regulated through Finlands state controlled liquor shops. However, unlike th Posted by The Minion in MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TOUR - Part 2 | Aug 16, 2013
- Moscow-Helsinki-ManchesterI got up really early because Tatyana was wonderful to offer me a ride to a train station. I had to take my bag of things to my Colombian friend first, but she wouldn’t be up until 9am, so Posted by Peliroja in Trans-Siberian Railroad + Eurasian Tour | Jul 29, 2013
- The Last Full DayToday was pretty relaxing. We have a buffet breakfast included in our hotel price, so we started there. I like eating at hotel buffets in other countries because I find it interesting what they put in the buffet Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 2, 2013
- Helsinki, FinlandHello from Helsinki! All is fine and we made it without any problems. Our hotel is decent, and we got two adjoining rooms. That is how you have to get the rooms because they are simply too Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 1, 2013
- When the Sun's So Slow to FadeI first noticed the problem on the airplane. I’m used to not being able to understand the second language on a plane. But usually I can pick up some words- cognates with French, Japanese I’ve studied, first grade lessons about Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jun 28, 2013
- The Road is Wide and the Sky is TallThe US Woman’s Football team was on the plane with us. (Quote fellow fellow passenger talking to customs official: “It’s American football, not rest of the world football. That’s why you didn’t hear about it.”) They were flying to Finland Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jun 27, 2013
- 48 Hours in HelsinkiWhen you only have 48 hours in a very wonderful city, it can be perfect if you have two opportunities:
A modern Western-style bathroom
[img= Posted by pscotterly in Paula Cotterly's 2013 Tour | Jun 17, 2013
- Episode 9In this episode we travel from Denmark, through Sweden, then onto Finland.
Now we are off to the Baltic States. Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Jun 10, 2013
- Fantastic FinlandA weekend in Finland, what a outstanding country. Our wirl wind tour of 4 days was A blast would like to have seen more, maybe next time.
Wood pecker looking having a look at why I was hangin Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | May 16, 2013
- That Helsinking Feeling...
Not sure what I expected from Finland, but I certainly didn't expect to leave the plane and nearly freeze to death! Ok, so it's Posted by WorldWideWill in Will's Worldwide Wandering | Apr 16, 2013
- T minus 2 hours and 30 minutes until lift-off
As the title of this post suggests I'll be sitting on a plane in about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Where will I be going you might ask yourselves? Well if you didn't Posted by balloonimal in Touring the land of the white elephant | Mar 3, 2013
- The Wonderland of CouchsurfingEver thought about having travelers sleeping on your couch? If you already know what couchsurfing is, you probably have. Then do feel free to jump down a few paragraphs to the stories from the road, while I enlighten the unlearned.
Couchsurfing Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Feb 1, 2013
- Slippery SLIDEwalks!I went to Finland. We stayed in a hotel called the Hilton. There was an Executive Lounge at the Hilton. There was a lot of food there like Oreos, chips and salmon. I even got to try reindeer meat! Posted by MadelineK in Klemmerabilia | Jan 1, 2013
- New Years: Finland vs. MilwaukeeIn Milwaukee for New Year’s Eve, we would be having a big party with all our friends. We would drink eggnog and watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV. We would count down to 2013 and shout “Happy Posted by IsabelK in Klemmerabilia | Jan 1, 2013
- Slippery SLIDEwalks! I went to Finland. We stayed in a hotel called the Hilton. There was an Executive Lounge at the Hilton. There was a lot of food there like Oreos, chips and salmon. I even got to try reindeer meat! Posted by MadelineK in Learning Through Exploring | Dec 31, 2012
- New Years: Finland vs. MilwaukeeIn Milwaukee for New Year’s Eve, we would be having a big party with all our friends. We would drink eggnog and watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV. We would count down to 2013 and shout “Happy Posted by IsabelK in Learning Through Exploring | Dec 30, 2012
- Turku and Helsinki FinlandWe travelled from Stockholm to Turku on the all night ferry. The cost was just a little over fifty dollars Canadian each which is pretty reasonable for an ensuite private cabin. The Viking Line ship is large and Posted by CherylGypsyRose in Backpacking Europe on fifty dollars/day | Jan 14, 2013
- Merry Christmas!Merry Christmas y'all! :-)
So after my last update I headed up to Helsinki for a few days to check things out and go see the Canadian junior team play before they head over to Russia. Posted by canuck_pat in Mr. Pat goes to Denmark | Dec 25, 2012
My impressions of Finland were limited to a few days cycling in the north of the country. In summary it was generally flat with lots of trees and mosquitoes and very few people. As norther Posted by beyondbritain in My Big Bike Adventure | Sep 21, 2012