- Helsinki and ferry back to Germany!It's a long time ago, but I clearly remember driving into Helsinki, parking the car, checking into the hotel and all of us collapsing on the lush comfortable double beds, and just crashing out for a few hours, weary after Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 27, 2016
- Helsinki...tick!When planning our trip, the flight from St Petersburg to Budapest was via Helsinki. We'd heard great things about Finland so rather than spend 2 hours, we thought we'd spend 2 days. It was an opportunity to see Helsinki Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jun 27, 2016
- Day 88This morning we drove over to the Silja ferry terminal and caught the "Super Star" ferry over to Tallinn, Estonia. This is our 14th country on this trip. This is a two-hour ferry ride.
Reta took pictures from an Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 27, 2016
- Day 87This morning our niece and her husband picked us up and we toured their home city of Espoo and Helsinki.
Lunch time found us at Haltia, The Finnish Nature Centre, which is on the west side of Espoo. We had Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 27, 2016
- Day 86This morning we left Rauma. We had a restful night in spite of the festival. Our fellow hotel guests were very quiet when they returned from their music festival.
We drove to the Sammallahdenmaki World Heritage Site. Archaeologists Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 25, 2016
- Day 85Today is Midsummer Eve. There were some businesses open in the morning but few by the evening, as this is the time of celebration. Traditionally, you would spend the weekend with your family, preferably at a lake or Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 24, 2016
- Day 84We woke to a bright sunny morning. After breakfast we drove to Hanko on the southwest shore of Finland.
Hanko is known for being a summer resort along the Baltic Sea for the wealthy Finns and Russians in the late Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 83This morning we were out waiting for our airport bus at 6:30 AM. While we waited we noticed the beautiful tree that our friend Ferdinand and his flowers sit under.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_2300_-..s_sit_under.jpg caption=Beaut Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Jun 22, 2016
- Delhi to MarbellaBeware this airline if you fly with them in winter:
So we flew with Finnair to Helsinki on an A340. The flight was good but we arrived in light snow and all they had was a bus from the Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2016 - Spain & Portugal | Feb 21, 2016
- Finland 6/30/2017~ Day 1
Well, after the longest plane ride i've ever been on in my whole life, 14 hours... I am so happy to say I have finally arrived in Helsinki, Finland. I have never been so happy to be off Posted by EmilyBusby123 in World Trip | Dec 10, 2015
- To the Finnish Line!I've been busy learning about VERY important cultural practices to share with you. This is irresponsible investigative journalism at it's best, friends; none of what you're about to read has been fact checked except for No. 5.
1. You are allowed Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Sep 28, 2015
- Finland for Foodies.To prepare myself for the food options in Scandinavia, I spent some time perusing the grocery section of Ikea. I knew this was going to be the most difficult part of the world for me to find appetizing food.
With Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Sep 27, 2015
- The SaunaOne of the many reasons why I enjoy traveling is to experience the local cultures. Of particular interest is how people approach both food and leisure. In Bangkok, I experienced a traditional Thai massage, actually paying to have my body Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Sep 24, 2015
- And so it begins.Hello dear readers. At this very moment, I’m on board the Bore — a ship-turned-hostel in the riverbanks of Turku, Finland. Which, as I learned upon embarking, has not been updated since the 1960s, and with a total of 6 Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Sep 23, 2015
- StockholmWe arrived in Stockholm around 9am in the morning. We were meeting friends Nancy and George from Chicago. We met them at the [[http://www.vasamuseet.se/en/#_=_|Vasa museum]] which was unbelievable. The others went to the Abba museum which we are pl Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 12, 2015
- HelsinkiTuesday we arrived in Helsinki at around 8.30am. The ship was docked close to the city at Kauppatori or the market square. Here there were markets selling food and fresh fruit and vegetables. The array of berries was numerous, some Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 11, 2015
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/382802/la Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Aug 2, 2015
Arrivée de bon matin à Helsinki
[img=http://pho Posted by gr3g77 in UN PTIT TOUR (juil. 2015 - janv. 2016) | Jul 29, 2015
- Rovaniemi and JyvaskylaI decided not to clog up the Christmas in July post with the other thing we did in Rovaniemi - and we weren't there long really, so went to one museum and for a short walk along the river...
It Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 22, 2015
- Christmas in July'Tis the season to be jolly - as a relocated Australian, I certainly think that the summer season is a perfectly sensible time to be celebrating Christmas, and so as we were in Rovaniemi, which is the official hometown of Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 21, 2015
- Helsinki: White NightsUp north during the summer months, the sun never sets. The Finns (and Russians, and Elton John) celebrate this with White Nights Festivals. I celebrate this by NEVER SLEEPING. It's pretty weird...you go to bed at midnight and it's still Posted by SB Hermitage in Shelley at the Hermitage | Jun 2, 2015
- Days 100-102: Mariehamn, FinlandI hopped on a giant cruise ship (10 floors) to get to Åland, an archipelago of thousands of islands. This is now Swedish-speaking territory which, despite my affinity for the Finns, is much easier to understand than Finnish. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 95-99: Kontiolahti, FinlandRaisa's brother hooked it up with a ride to their hometown which was like... 7 hours out or something. It was pretty cool. Really just a tiny town. But they live like .5km from the lake. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 88-94: Helsinki, FinlandTook less than half an hour to hitch this time. Some cool dudes from Nepal picked me up. Had to take a train and a tram, but I eventually got to Emma's place. She and her BF Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Finland - HelsinkiHelsinki is the capital of Finland with 1.4 million people. My first impressions? Modern, stylish, clean, efficient and beautiful. I wanted to make sure I Couchsurfed where I could throughout this Eastern Europe trip and after a couple of nights Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Sep 28, 2014