- To the Finnish Line!I've been busy learning about VERY important cultural practices to share with you. This is irresponsible investigative journalism at it's best, friends; none of what you're about to read has been fact checked except for No. 5.
1. You are allowed Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Sep 28, 2015
- Finland for Foodies.To prepare myself for the food options in Scandinavia, I spent some time perusing the grocery section of Ikea. I knew this was going to be the most difficult part of the world for me to find appetizing food.
With Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Sep 27, 2015
- The SaunaOne of the many reasons why I enjoy traveling is to experience the local cultures. Of particular interest is how people approach both food and leisure. In Bangkok, I experienced a traditional Thai massage, actually paying to have my body Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Sep 24, 2015
- And so it begins.Hello dear readers. At this very moment, I’m on board the Bore — a ship-turned-hostel in the riverbanks of Turku, Finland. Which, as I learned upon embarking, has not been updated since the 1960s, and with a total of 6 Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Sep 23, 2015
- StockholmWe arrived in Stockholm around 9am in the morning. We were meeting friends Nancy and George from Chicago. We met them at the [[http://www.vasamuseet.se/en/#_=_|Vasa museum]] which was unbelievable. The others went to the Abba museum which we are pl Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 12, 2015
- HelsinkiTuesday we arrived in Helsinki at around 8.30am. The ship was docked close to the city at Kauppatori or the market square. Here there were markets selling food and fresh fruit and vegetables. The array of berries was numerous, some Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 11, 2015
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/382802/la Posted by gr3g77 in Un PTit TouR | Aug 2, 2015
Arrivée de bon matin à Helsinki
[img=http://pho Posted by gr3g77 in Un PTit TouR | Jul 29, 2015
- Rovaniemi and JyvaskylaI decided not to clog up the Christmas in July post with the other thing we did in Rovaniemi - and we weren't there long really, so went to one museum and for a short walk along the river...
It Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 22, 2015
- Christmas in July'Tis the season to be jolly - as a relocated Australian, I certainly think that the summer season is a perfectly sensible time to be celebrating Christmas, and so as we were in Rovaniemi, which is the official hometown of Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 21, 2015
- Helsinki: White NightsUp north during the summer months, the sun never sets. The Finns (and Russians, and Elton John) celebrate this with White Nights Festivals. I celebrate this by NEVER SLEEPING. It's pretty weird...you go to bed at midnight and it's still Posted by SB Hermitage in Shelley at the Hermitage | Jun 2, 2015
- Days 100-102: Mariehamn, FinlandI hopped on a giant cruise ship (10 floors) to get to Åland, an archipelago of thousands of islands. This is now Swedish-speaking territory which, despite my affinity for the Finns, is much easier to understand than Finnish. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 95-99: Kontiolahti, FinlandRaisa's brother hooked it up with a ride to their hometown which was like... 7 hours out or something. It was pretty cool. Really just a tiny town. But they live like .5km from the lake. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 88-94: Helsinki, FinlandTook less than half an hour to hitch this time. Some cool dudes from Nepal picked me up. Had to take a train and a tram, but I eventually got to Emma's place. She and her BF Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Finland - HelsinkiHelsinki is the capital of Finland with 1.4 million people. My first impressions? Modern, stylish, clean, efficient and beautiful. I wanted to make sure I Couchsurfed where I could throughout this Eastern Europe trip and after a couple of nights Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Sep 28, 2014
- Suomi 2009 - last day and road back.Last day was the only day when I managed to get up early. Around 8 a.m., thinking that lifts turns on at 9 a.m. and I want to have a good riding before I have to return ski and pack Posted by Saioko in Lazy trips around the world | Oct 25, 2014
- Suomi 2009 - Fist skiing daySo, the second day have started with me dragging snowboard up to the rental to switch it to skis. Actually, with our apartment block being "ski in - ski out" we had a surface-lift right next to it, but I Posted by Saioko in Lazy trips around the world | Oct 25, 2014
- Suomi 2009 - Journey to Ruka[sub](Most of this trip was written up back in 2009, and I am not going to re-write it much)[/sub]
In year 2009 I had my good job for two years, my empty international passport expiring in about a year and enough Posted by Saioko in Lazy trips around the world | Oct 25, 2014
- AboutDear friends and family,
Finally our round the world trip has begun and as promised, we will keep you updated by writing a blog. We have decided to sum up some selected highlights. The most difficult thing is to choose a Posted by kanirtw in Karin and Niku round the world | Oct 16, 2014
- St Petersburg to Helsinki - Sunday, 7 September 2014Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki
Last sunrise in St Petersburg.
Up early this morning to finalise packing. Breakfast, then bags out by 9am. Said go Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 13, 2014
- Helsinki - Monday, 8 September 2014Had a great sleep. The bed is so comfortable and the pillows are DIVINE! Big and soft and you just sink into them and float away. It was good to have a sleep in and a relaxed Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 13, 2014
- On the plane via HelsinkiOn our way via Helsinki.
Our European leg of our trip has now ended - all a bit sad. So, the Litchfield's are on a Finnair flight to Helsinki, a stopover there for a couple of hours. Then, Hong Kong, here Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 12, 2014
- Things to do in FinlandHi,
Me and my friend from New York will be visiting Helsinki on 28th September, From there we will be going to Rovaniemi, Tromso and few other places around there. We have booked car from Rovaniemi. We have few seats vacant, Posted by arunomatic in Trip to Rovaniemi | Sep 18, 2014
- Helsinki, FinlandRelaxed start to the day with both our ship and the sunrise arriving at about the same time. By 07:00 we were secured to our berth and the sun was visible above the horizon. A simple breakfast in Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 7, 2014
- Day out at the Sea FortressToday we had beautiful sunny weather and Richard got slightly sunburnt. In the shade, it was cool, but in the sun - it was really warm.
We hope onto a tram and ferry to Suomenlinna, a Russian / Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 3, 2014