Blog Entries tagged 'Florence'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Florence'
- Gallery of Europe [Part 6]Hey guys its been a while as we've been busy adjusting from festive season to London life and sorting through all the photos has been a nightmare. So I've decided to combine the best pictures from our whole time in Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Feb 13, 2015
- A day in Florence
Today we did a day trip into Florence. Once again I had managed to arrange a visit to an Italian city on a Monday....this is not good as the major galleries, the Ufizzi and the Academia were c Posted by The Hitchies in Our great Euro adventure | Jun 24, 2014
- Another Day in FlorenceAnother day in Florence is another day in Paradise.
Dinner the night before was an awesome meal. Food before was not great, not what I expected, but it was food. Now we had real vegetables, and great red wine! It was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 21, 2014
- Florence, a Wonderful Place to Visit.For this trip we are traveling with an immediate group of 20 from California, 6 of us are adults. We are part of a larger group totaling maybe 30 kids and 11 adults. The other groups are from Florida. One Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 20, 2014
- Monterosso Al Mare ~ Pisa ~ Florence June 18thWent down for breakfast @ 7am but everything was closed up, so tried again at 7.30 and still no sign of life. Went back again at 7.40 and the dining room was open, so we went in and Posted by kez64 in Europe 2014 | Jun 18, 2014
- Roma AmorBefore we departed Firenze on Monday, we diverted our cab to Piazza Michelangelo where you can get a panoramic vista of the city
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/BAA7B4D42219AC6817042F009E5F6C03.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 13, 2014
- Weekend in FlorenceWe have enjoyed lovely spring weather in the city of the Medici and have wasted no time in getting out and about. First port of call was the massive Pitti Palace which is just behind our apartment.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632644/56D85AD5 Posted by Melbinman in The Melbourne Martins' Grande Tour 2014 | May 11, 2014
- Florence: Birthplace of the Renaissance Part 2===PAINTINGS===
The Medici Bank was the largest in Europe in the 15th Century and the family brought Florence under the family's power allowing for an environment where the arts and humanities flourished.
One of the real beauties of Italian Ren Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Feb 6, 2014
- Florence: Birthplace of the Renaissance[center]Florence is a city full of amazing History. It is considered the birthplace of the Renaissance, a period stretching from 1300-1600 where the arts were developed further than ever before and Roman ideals represented to society. This was particularl Posted by Jen_Ingrid in The Scouse Chronicles | Dec 4, 2013
- Not Just Immersion:So I left you in Montevarchi in Tuscany. There are far worse places you could be.
That's what we figured when P and his foot forced us to do more relaxing. How awful is it sit around in Tuscany?
But Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- Walking tour of FlorenceOur tour this morning started at a reasonable time again, so a nice relaxed breakfast before heading off. Antonella was our guide today - and she was just as knowledgeable and able to bring the city to life, as our Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 21, 2013
- From 252 kph to zeroAfter our huge day yesterday, it was very tempting to sleep in and do nothing this morning, however we needed to get to Firenze (Florence).
Our driver met us at 9:20 and took us to the railway station, which was a Posted by debsonthemove in The Barron's big adventure | Sep 20, 2013
- BuongiornoWe arrived in Rome to rain but full of excitement! We made our way on the train & metro to our accommodation after taking a lift up and down about 6 times to find the correct floor, maybe should have Posted by Georgeandkat in Europe | Jul 7, 2013
- Fabulous FlorenceOverall, I'm in love with Florence. But naturally it did not start out that way. Keeping in line with the rest of our trip, we found humor in our situation but it took a solid 24 hours before we laughed. Posted by cgeurope2013 in Casey & Grace's European Adventure | Jun 9, 2013
- FlorenceFirenze! We all took an early morning train from Rome to Florence, about 1.5 hours, and walked through this smaller town to Leonardo's Leather Workshop for a demonstration on how their leather products are made and how to tell the Posted by dtoussi in Italy and Greece | Mar 20, 2013
- Bill's European Adventure, 2001. Part 4: Florence and Rome
[center]Bill and Julie at the Duomo, Florence [/center]
Florence Day 1 - hellish! Got a double-decker (yes!) train to Firenze and trotted around the place in the scorchi Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Feb 27, 2013
- Florence: Michelangelo's Hometown[float=left][/float]I have fond memories of Florence from visiting it with Muriel 20 years ago and was not disappointed this time but could see the toll Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jan 16, 2013
- Of Castles, Concerts and the Colosseum - Part III (Contd...)Early next morning, it was time to travel to a new city, the capital of the Italian region of Tuscany; Florence. Florence was the centre of medieval European trade and finance and one of the wealthiest cities of the time. Posted by vinaya88 in Voyages of a Peregrine | Nov 21, 2012
- Florence"They" say You either love Florence or Venice - but not both
They are right - I love Florence. Although it is also filled with tourists, it is still a town where people live and work. There are still real shops Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 14, 2012
- Time Travelling back 600 yearsLucky for us it was a holiday on the day of our arrival in Florence. Otherwise we would have received about 300 traffic tickets. Little did we know that there are strict traffic restrictions in the city, and almost the Posted by jim-n-mark in Jim and Mark's Epic Amero-Euro Adventure | Aug 25, 2012
- Time for a New City!We purchased our tickets for Florence last night so we wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning. Woke up early to catch our water bus at around 7AM. It was such a beautiful morning, so calm Posted by maddorani in Europe 2012 | Mar 25, 2012
- Pisa and Florence6am - woke up, so earrrrrrly!
7am - left Germany, slept on the car. man, i miss my bed!
1pm - arrived in Pisa
- crazy vendors everywhere!!!
- sadly there was not much to see and do…
- the only thing is Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | May 29, 2010
The last six months of my life have been a wild roller coaster ride to say the least. I finished my junior year at University of De Posted by la vita bella in La Vita Bella | Dec 31, 2011
- Europe and Africa through the Eyes of my iPhoneI've spent the last three and a half months of my life studying abroad through University of Denver's Cherrington Global Scholars program, and a large part of that time has been spent out and about traveling Europe, exploring everything I Posted by la vita bella in La Vita Bella | Dec 17, 2011
- Time Flies
With so much to talk about, I really don't even know where to begin to write this post, but I guess the title says it all. Time Posted by la vita bella in La Vita Bella | Dec 3, 2011