Blog Entries tagged 'Florence'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Florence'
- Florence: Palaces and ChurchesWe had another great, home-cooked breakfast in the apartment and hit the streets around 9:30. After our 5 museum entrances yesterday, we had already reached out "break even" on the Firenze Card! So we liked to think that today our Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Sep 24, 2016
- Florence: Uffizzi, Bargello, Medici, Accademia, and PiazzaleWe had a fabulous, full day in Florence! We had a great breakfast at home, and were out of the apartment at 9:15. The sun hadn't really come out yet, and it really felt like we'd beaten the crowd. Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Sep 21, 2016
- Florence: Santa Croce, Galileo Museum, Duomo & BaptistryWe woke up early on Sunday to load our bags in the car and be at breakfast right at 8 to ensure a speedy getaway. We had a 2-hour drive to the airport, a 1-hour flight from Alghero (Sardinia) to Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Sep 20, 2016
- Galileo, the Renaissance and the Ponte VecchioWhilst I received a text informing me that my bag had been found, phew, I was not reunited with it until a day and a half later. But, we're in Florence with the Renaissance on our front door step! Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 12, 2016
- FlorenceOur last full day in Tuscany so we got going early and drove back in to Florence as we hadn't seen all the major sights we had wanted to. Despite leaving home just after 8am by the time we drove Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 10, 2016
- Swiss Cheese DayAfter fuelling up the car the night before, packing and arranging an early breakfast at our Airport Hotel so we could drop the car off at the airport when the place opened at 7am for our 9am flight from Zagreb Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 9, 2016
- FlorenceWe decided to wake up and try and get going by 8am so we could make the most of a full day in Florence. The city is about an hour or so away, certainly the most time consuming part are Posted by Ace from Oz in Italy 2016 | Jul 7, 2016
- Day 7 Farewell to FirenzeHave we really been here a week already? In the past seven days we have had so many memorable experiences that I'm glad this blog will help keep them all straight. Our stay here in Tuscany will be hard to Posted by Z's en_route in Arrivederci | Jun 1, 2016
- Day 7: The duck chaser, the meat chaser, and the wang policeSometimes, like when I’m looking at my bank balance, I’m quite appreciative of a hostel, and other times, like at 3am in the morning when three new roomies decide to arrive, or at 8am when a jackhammer renders your alarm Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 6: Cheese, truffles, and a 14-foot hottie!I’ve turned into a thief…a poverty stricken traveller resorting to stealing food. Gulp. Lucky the astute Italian brekky lady caught me and made me cough up the €1 for the bread roll I had hoped to have with my stinky Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 23, 2016
- Day 5: Verona to Florence...giant everything!Day 4 – Verona to Florence – 20 April 2016
Have you ever been somewhere you know to be beautiful, you know others have loved, has exceptional history, and yet you cannot find the joy in it? That was my experience Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | Apr 20, 2016
- We(talian)After a friend's birthday weekend trip to Dusseldorf, Germany, we embarked on what I would consider the best trip yet. Of course, I say that about every trip I go on, but Italy is something special. I've always wanted to Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Mar 30, 2016
- Visit Florence American Cemetery on April 9thOn Saturday, the 9th of April we will be driving from Lake Como to our home for the week, the La Poggiolaia Villa/Apartment complex at Fiano. About an hour from the Villa, we will stop by the Florence Posted by ChrisandSoni in Chris & Soni's Italy Trip 2016 | Feb 20, 2016
- Day 33Not a lot going on today, but I wanted to get the photos I lost when my camera broke so went back over to Oltrarno and to Clet Abraham's studio - which was closed this time unfortunately. He has Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 11, 2015
- Day 26Today was the day to finally make it inside Palazzo Vecchio, which sits on the edge of Piazza Signoria with its multitude of restaurants and statues. The palace was used by the Medici family before they moved away from Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 4, 2015
- Days 23-25Yes, it's three days' worth, but mostly photos!
Not much planned for this day since Saturday was such a big day at Lucca and Pisa. I decided to take a walk to the east this time, along the Arno and Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Nov 3, 2015
- Days 17-19Since my classes have moved to the afternoons, I'm finding it hard to get moving in the morning - time to set the alarm again, I think! This is my excuse for not having done much to write about!
Yesterday Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 28, 2015
- Day 16Took a very long walk to the west today, across Ponte alla Carraia to Oltrarno and the San Spririto neighbourhood and further west then back over the Arno at Ponte della Vittoria to the biggest park in Florence, Parco delle Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 25, 2015
- Day 15I finally relented yesterday and bought myself a puffer jacket, expecting a cold wind at least on the tour in Chianti. And I have never been so happy to be so wrong!
To be fair, I did wear it to Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 24, 2015
- Day 14Yes, Florence is amazing, there's no arguing that fact. Just like any city, it has its good and not so good points, and ordinary and extraordinary sights. I spent this afternoon just wandering around, taking photos of "ordinary" Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 23, 2015
- Day 13As the weather has improved to gorgeous, sunny days, so the temperature has dropped suddenly - and the wind doesn't help much either! It does mean it's a great opportunity to do things inside, so I decided to hit Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 22, 2015
- Florence and VeniceWe left Orvieto by train after dropping the car off and had an uneventful trip to Florence. One of the first things that struck us was the amount of graffiti. There'd been virtually none in Orvieto Posted by jackyandgraham in Treat Yo Self | Oct 21, 2015
- Day 11Today was such a lovely sunny day again, that I decided to head up to Fiesole, a hill town about 9km and a 20 minute bus ride northeast of Florence. Yesterday I could see Fiesole from the Piazzale Michelangelo:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/3 Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 20, 2015
- Day 10Yesterday was not such a great day for me - I had managed to catch a head cold from our teacher towards the end of last week, and the long day on Saturday really took its toll. So I Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 19, 2015
- Day 5Another overcast, humid day - and not a lot to tell. Today's Italian class wasn't any less confusing - at times the teacher holds long conversations in Italian with a couple of the other students, and most of us Posted by judesbucketlist in Florence 2015 | Oct 14, 2015