- Sainte Chapelle and Two MuseumsAfter a good night's sleep, Patti and I set out for the day. Our first stop was breakfast at La Croissanterie where we had yummy almost croissants. Our first stop after that was going to be the Pantheon Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 23, 2015
- I Did Not Come All The Way To Paris To See Clowns!Our long day started early yesterday morning. My parents drove us to Milwaukee and we left about 5am. Traffic in Milwaukee was good, and checking in at the airport was a breeze. Then, when I got to Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 22, 2015
- Argeles Sur Mer and CollioureHad an absolutely lovely trip here with spectacular scenery on the way. We had asked the sat nav to avoid tolls and so it took us on some really good roads, the views of rural France were just Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 21, 2015
- Blog SuspendedWe have arrived in Saint Cyprien safe and sound but we do not have direct access to wifi. So our blog will be suspended for a while until we can get a reliable connection.
Cheers Steve and Jill Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 20, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Olandai pavaro
Tai ką, Olande, tu senas kūrva, eisi nardyt? - suburbuliavo vien sau po nosim, prieš užsidėdamas nardymo kaukę ant veido Olandas.
Tas pats, Mingės Olandas. Jis kapitonauja ant gražuolės Samsaros - naujumu tviskančios Augimanto ir Gražinos jachtos Naj Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | May 19, 2015
- So... can I just stay here?This is going to be my final solo post from The Adfrenchures: 2014-2015!
I managed to score one of those super-cheap buttcrack of dawn tickets to Paris for Sunday morning (so cheap because it is early enough that there are no Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | May 19, 2015
- LattesSpectacular scenery on the way here and very warm in the car.
We arrived at 1pm only to find reception closed until 3pm. This were were told by another couple who had just arrived complete with cat on a Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 18, 2015
- DAY 9 - Saturday 9th May - Bourg-due-Gironde to Bordeaux toWeather - overcast / warm, waiting impatiently for the next sun cream day
First thing of the morning to do is to call Vodafone. I dial and a recorded Spanish speaking woman is trying to say something to me...not a clue Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 15, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Amerika turi savo idėjų.Bastia, buvusi Korsikos sostinė. Napoleonas savo laiku nusprendė, kad Korsikos sostine dera būti jo imeratoriškos didenybės gimtinei - Ajaccio, esantis vakarinėje salos pakrantėje, į Prancūzijos pusę. Kaip nusprendė, taip ir padarė.
Nuo to laiko Bastia Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | May 14, 2015
- and another marketMarket in La Faviere Saturday
We went to this market in search of the perfect hat that I saw yesterday at Le Lavandou market but somehow failed to buy.
What a lovely place La Faviere is! I think I like it Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 13, 2015
- another marketMarket in La Londe les Maures on Sunday 10th May
Had a spectacular melon for breakfast.
A lady on the pitch next to ours told us about a market further down the coast about 6 miles (again we thought to look for Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 13, 2015
- Le Lavandou marketMarket day in Le Lavandou
Thursday 6th May 2015
Woke up to clear blue skies, not a cloud to be seen.
It is market day in the town. We went with nothing particular in mind. It was packed. Veg stalls selling white asparagus Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 13, 2015
- Sur le pont d'AvignonOur adventure continues on our last day in France. Everyone was eager to get on the coach, saying goodbye to Nice til the next time.
Our first stop was in Grasse, home to the perfume industry. Fragonard has been Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 12, 2015
- DAY 8 - Friday 8th May - La Rochelle, via Jonzac to Bourg-Weather in the night - thunder and lightning for a good hour. Ellie snoring (?!) and I'm hoping for a cheap car wash. Cut to morning...no cheap car wash :( and its cloudy :(
Driving Lesson - now what is it Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 12, 2015
- DAY 7 - Thursday 7th May - La Trenche-due-Mer to La RochelleWeather - whoop whoop get the sun cream out, blazing hot, high 20s!!
Driving Lesson - one thing that's strange on the road signs advertising the likes of McDonald's or Carrefour is that they show in minutes how long it is Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 12, 2015
- DAY 6 - Wednesday 6th May - Villandry, quick stop at Nantes,Weather - overcast and heavy rain for random 5 minutes in Nantes!
From a quiet night in Villandry we head to Nantes, and like Tours, I'm not sure what to expect. They were on my list as they were main towns Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 12, 2015
- DAY 5 - Tuesday 5th May - Orleans, Blois, Amboise, Tours....Weather - Sun cream is still not on but it's dry at least and warm.
This day starts early, make that at 2.30am early here in Orleans! Car I can hear rocks up, lights flash through the top of my front Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 12, 2015
- DAY 4 - Monday 4th May - Paris to Orleans (one day ahead)Weather - Sun cream is on, whoop whoop...well for the car journey only as it was sunny in Paris but then turn mild in Orleans. So close!
After 10 hours of walking yesterday, and a blister to contend with (noticed another Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 12, 2015
- European Trip April 2015I finally left London April 2nd at 8:30 a.m. for Paris via Eurostar train. It was a 2 hr and 15 min. trip.(comfortable) I had some sleep on the train. I must have fallen asleep while the train was Posted by martza in European Trip April 2015 | May 11, 2015
- Yes, it is nice in Nice!The interesting thing about coach travel in Europe is the amount of time spent on the coach. Yes, it does take time to get for point A to point B. However on this Med. Highlights trip we are Posted by jonaway in Can you spell Mediterranean? | May 11, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Na, tai kas Nelsonui išmušė akį?Neperprantu žvejybos Viduržemio jūroje niekaip. Ir plaukiant paskui jachtą voblerį tampau, ir inkaruotėse bandau kitais būdais žuvį sugauti - niekas nieko niekaip niekada. Teks su vietiniais žvejais eiti konsultuotis.
Šiandien man niekas nekimba labai Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | May 11, 2015
- Summertime Sadness...Right now, I have the pleasure of being finished with classes and having time to myself to do whatever I want to! This means lots of reading, coffee drinking, and hanging out with friends who have come back from Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | May 11, 2015
- DAY 3 - Sunday 3rd May - ParisWeather - chucking it down in the morning, and sweating in afternoon. Well I was prepared for the rain and therefore no where near ready for hot sunshine in the afternoon! I was wearing 2 coats, a t-shirt and a Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 8, 2015
- DAY 2 - Saturday 2nd May - Amiens to Epernay (to Paris)Weather - still applying no sun cream, weather doesn't know if it wants to be rainy or sunny. One thing it does know is wind!
Had good night's sleep after a long day yesterday, waking up to see a car which Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 8, 2015
- DAY 1 - Friday 1st May - Dover to Calais to AmiensDedication
To mum and dad, for giving my brother & I the most amazing opportunity to travel as kids (even at the expense of school holidays and destinations!) which has given me the adventure to travel & explore this world even Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 7, 2015