- Take a tour . . . or do it yourself? This was a reply to a lady who asked about visiting the French countryside. They had gone on tours and cruises but were thinking about renting a car and house on th Posted by Beausoleil in Questions about France | Feb 19, 2017
- What about your cell phone in France (Europe)?Cell phones are called mobiles in Europe and they broadcast on different bands from the USA so unless you have Posted by Beausoleil in Questions about France | Feb 19, 2017
- Medical Emergencies
If you're from the USA, you're used to the 911 emergency number. The emergency medical number in France is 15. There is als Posted by Beausoleil in Questions about France | Feb 19, 2017
- New Names for Fewer French Regions
Starting January 1, 2016 there was a big change in France. This will affect people lookin Posted by Beausoleil in Questions about France | Feb 19, 2017
- A quiet Sunday visiting Eygalières and Chapel St. Sixte Woke and all managed to shower without problems. We had ghosts slamming doors last night so no one got much sleep. Drove to G Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 19, 2017
- Heading west to our gite
Hooray . . . no fire alarm. We slept ‘til breakfast and all met downstairs where a table for four was waiting by the parrot cage. As Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 18, 2017
- Baou de St. Jeannet
Slept until nine. We were tired! Showered and got to breakfast a half hour late but she kept a table ready and fed us anyway, bless her heart. Ant hadn’t called o Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 17, 2017
- Arriving in Nice
Changed planes in Amsterdam, finally landed in Nice and got our bags. Ed’s was the very last one off the plane so Customs was closed and we walked through. Took the Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 15, 2017
- Back to Paris. Our month is over.
Hard to believe our month was nearly over. We packed up our tent for the last time in France . . . literally. We've never camped in France again. We rent gites or stay in logis and the oc Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 9, 2017
- Out of the Alps and back toward Paris
Our month was nearly gone but we had one more major sight. We were going to visit Burgundy. We packed up our tent yet again and got on the road toward Beaune where we stayed at the munic Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 7, 2017
- Headed back north through the Alps
Our nice dry, warm week in the Alps came to an end and it was back to the tent. Bastille Day was over and French vacations had begun so we had lots of company in the campgrounds. Our next st Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 6, 2017
- It's time to turn east . . .
We were trying to get a feel for the entire country in a month . . . an impossible feat, but we didn't know it then. Any experience in France must include Provence so we left our campground Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 3, 2017
- On to the Mediterranean Coast
We loved the Languedoc-Roussillon region but we had our schedule so we headed south yet again to a campground near Narbonne. We had a terrible time finding the campground and later discovere Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 2, 2017
- Moving south toward Toulouse
After exploring the Loire Valley, we drove south again, getting hopelessly lost in Brive. We ended up at an athletic field several times (with a map!) and finally managed to hail a passing b Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Jan 30, 2017
- Next comes the Loire Valley - Valley of Kings
We had leased a Peugeot so on day 4 we drove southwest to the town of Chartres. You must stop and visit the famous and beautiful cathedral in Chartres. It was a lovely sunny day so the stained g Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Jan 30, 2017
- Starting in Paris
We were young and restless and wanted to see France, all of it. We quickly learned you can't do that on one trip. However, if you're planning a longer trip in France and want to see more tha Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Jan 30, 2017
- Back through France to SpainAs we were leaving Italy we got this lovely photo from Robin in Combloux. Snow has finally arrived in the French Alps!
The narrow and winding ro Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jan 28, 2017
- Christmas, New Year, Birthday and Winter FunWe hosted a Christmas Eve dinner for our friends who decided to stay local for the holiday. It was a fun affair with about 10 people. I may have gone overboard with the number of courses but almost all of Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jan 25, 2017
- En décembre d'Est en Ouest===Quelques jours avec la princesse Angela et sa fille Jahnice===
[ Posted by laurence.beule in A few days outside of Paris every month | Jan 22, 2017
- The roadtrip to London[float=left][/float]My day starts with a train jou Posted by leonard461341 in PDC World Darts Championship Final 2017 | Jan 2, 2017
- Christmas in ComblouxFrom Mercury we motored further into 'The Alps' via the D1212, our destination being Combloux. We had been fortunate to have been offered a chalet and dog sit in Combloux, for just short of two weeks, over Christmas.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jan 2, 2017
- Back on Tour - Paris and the French AlpsAfter almost three weeks in New Zealand it was time to head back to the UK and get on with our travels. There are so many people who made it such a special trip home and to all of them Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Dec 27, 2016
- Thanksgiving in Lyon, FranceQuinn has been planning all of our recent trips and they all seem to be to France. Suspicious. Lyon is about a 6 hour drive from where we live and costs about 30 Euro in tolls. Lyon is divided by Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Dec 19, 2016
- Make it Back to PARIS LAST STOP BEFORE WE FLY TO LOS ANGELESWell 5 weeks and half is still felt short for summer adventure with my children.
In Paris my host already traveled to the states and while I am staying the last night at her apartment.
We made it to Paris and the Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Dec 9, 2016
- We made it To Paris France #1 Stop In our Adventure[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/383542/13340284_1..479871248_o.jpg thumb=http://photos.travel Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Dec 5, 2016