- Versailles Alright, I know I haven't blogged about Belgium yet, but I promise I'll get to that tonight. I need to get Versailles out first!
But before that. Let me lament about how I accidentally left my key on a random Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 11, 2014
- Cap Santa LuciaWe took a walk along the coastline from St Raphael to Cap Santa Lucia to see the parks and marinas. I took only five pictures. Of note is the one of the small dog off leash area by the beach. Posted by gailmb in France 2014 | Feb 13, 2014
- 2012 D7 OCEAN PRINCESS - HONFLEUR
===LE HARVE IN FRANCE IS THE PORT TODAY & THE TOUR IS TO HONFLEUR, JUST OVER THE RIVER SEINE.===
WE TAKE A ROUND ABOUT Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Apr 16, 2012
- Mom and Bob visit Germany and France, and BelgiumMy real Christmas present arrived the day after Christmas, my mom and Bob! Quinn and I picked them up from the airport in Luxembourg.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/162027/lar Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jan 26, 2014
- The Flood and the SourceWhen I arrived in Avignon it was raining. In fact it had been raining heavily all night and I suspected it would continue for another. So, in the gloom of the afternoon, having followed a veritable maze of busy roads, Posted by anomad in European Nomad | Jan 24, 2014
- A l'arrache: definitionÀ l'arrache is a french expression, it means "doing something without planning, in a careless way, hastily, ...". This is more or less a way of life for some people. Even though I earn a living as a guide in Posted by letrip in surfalarrache | Jan 24, 2014
- The Hilltop Villages of the LuberonWhen Peter Mayle spent his year in Provence, he lived in the hilltop village of Menerbes and it is here that I start my tour of the Luberon Valley. I understand that during the summer months it can be crowded Posted by anomad in European Nomad | Jan 24, 2014
- New ResolutionsAt the beginning of each year, people all over the world make a new resolution for the year.
Posted by helenagrace in Excuse my French | Jan 22, 2014
- Amiens / Ypres - Wednesday, 20 July 2011Cool, cloudy and drizzly
First call this morning was Bancourt to see where Julie's uncle was buried.
[center][img=http://pho Posted by gaddingabout in WW1 Battlefield Tour - France & Belgium | Jan 11, 2014
- Amiens - Tuesday, 19 July 2011Overcast, drizzly and cool.
Met an Australian couple at breakfast, Barry and Ann from Adelaide. They had Vegemite too! (We always take a jar of Vegemite with us when we travel the world.) Breakfast was nice. Juice, Posted by gaddingabout in WW1 Battlefield Tour - France & Belgium | Jan 11, 2014
- Kuala Lumpur / Paris / Amiens - Monday, 18 July 2011Our flight finally took off with not many passengers on board, so everyone moved seats and Phil was able to sleep all night on a row of five seats. The food was good but they didn't hand out any Posted by gaddingabout in WW1 Battlefield Tour - France & Belgium | Jan 11, 2014
- Au Revoir PareeFeeling like Robert Langdon, we zipped to Orly in a white Peugeot hatchback. We got the cab at Republique after we bought our morning pan au chocolates and mini-fluffy, perfectly-airy, wish-we-got-the-whole-bag donuts and cold medicine for Matthew.
And Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 31, 2013
- Libertè, Egalitè, Beyoncé Paris is not an early to rise city. Dawn doesn't break until 8:30 in the winter. Neither does its people. Our apartment window is more for aesthetics than function, so we can't get a sense of the weather from inside. Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 27, 2013
- Is It Number 1, 2, or 3?With some of our Must-sees checked off The List, today we wanted to Just-be. Paris is beautiful and fun and fabulous and masterpiece-filled and lively (well, aside from the morning hours) and constantly moving - need to see those must-sees! Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 30, 2013
- Butter CologneWe stopped at Cafè Leonard around the corner for a cafè and some morning second-hand smoke as we sat outside. In some weird way I almost like the smoke; it proves I am far from home. Euro bathrooms also remind Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 28, 2013
- Did You Just Fall Asleep?Over a vin chaud m was making a point. Halfway through it...
M: I forgot what I was going to say... (As his eyes closed for several seconds)
L: Did you just fall asleep?
Soon after, we did and had set the alarm Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 25, 2013
- A New Year in ParisParis, the City of Lights. Also a city of long queues, dirty streets, smokers everywhere, a foreign language. I loved every minute of it.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632527/B22703552219AC6817F539995AA4F71A.jpg caption=Family selfie @ Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Jan 4, 2014
- Already Starting a List of "Next Times"
At our wine and cheese lunch, we learned about Appellation. It's a French system Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 30, 2013
- PostscriptumDa jeg fortalte at jeg tog på juleferie i Colombia, tror jeg en del uvilkårligt fik sådanne billeder på nethinden:
(Telenovela - fra salsabaren i Cartagena)
Bogot Posted by MiaMuenster in Postkort fra Colombia | Jan 3, 2014
- This Isn't It, Is It?Ready to tackle our twelfth stick of butter, we had a quick raisin pastry and croissant and a cafè and off to stand in the security line at the Saint-Chapelle. It's so long because it is next to the Hall Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 30, 2013
- The French Really Love Their Boobs!Our alarm woke us at 10:30. I can't remember the last time we slept in that late. We got a good laugh when L got caught in the double-gated, subway ticket turnstile. As M went to summon the jaws of Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 27, 2013
- I Thought The Virgin Would Be CuterThat whole tourist mob scene at Sacre Coeur was uncomfortable, so thanks to Rick's Montmartre walk we escaped the crowds. It really is a cute neighborhood on a hill. The only elevation (420 feet) in Paris. Back in the day Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 27, 2013
- A Quote to start this travel Blog“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of Posted by lebebert in Alexander Bébertramp | Dec 30, 2013
- Death by Fromage
We had decided to go and meet up with the Withefords down in the family bach in Lege-Cap-Feret (Southern France). This meant traipsing across Europe in a very circuitous manner in order t Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Dec 23, 2013
- Cold, cold FranceIt's officially winter now, so we're allowed to bitch about the cold; previously, it just showed weakness of character, but now it is permitted to feel and complain about the cold. Anyway, that's what I think.
Some of our most Posted by LucyLucey in France + a bit of Belgium | Dec 22, 2013