- "Not all those who wander are lost" JRR Tolkien Staying above ground, we walked 5 kms today, wandering from our apartment near Republique with the aim of ending up at Il de Cite to buy an icecream, from a famous ice cream shop, before going to Notre Dame. I Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Dec 8, 2013
- Epic Quest for Hot Chocolate
Hmm not bad but we were looking for hot chocolate
lets get something anyway
[img=http:/ Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Dec 7, 2013
- Nous arrivons à ParisSo we made it! Flights were good with all the modern wonders that long a haul flights have, but the killer was the 4 hours in KL waiting for the midnight flight to Paris - 2:30 am Adelaide time. Posted by suntosnow in Saying goodbye to summer.... | Dec 7, 2013
- SOUTH OF FRANCE Part Cinq
After our Best Motel experience in Montpellier we decided to splurge slightly (in terms of backpacker standards) for our next accommodation near the magical Carcassonne. Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Dec 2, 2013
- A Birthday Weekend in Paris - Day 4===Un anniversaire à Paris - le dernier jour===
Our last day in Paris!! Our flight was late afternoon so we planned to see three things, all close to the hotel and quite close by to each other. It was a Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Dec 2, 2013
- Bonjour, ParisOui , oui I went to Paris!
I’ll have to admit, before agreeing to go to Paris I wasn’t really that excited. My attitude more or less was “Eh, it’s in a lot of movies and has the Eiffel Tower, I Posted by kbali in Karishma Goes to Europe | Nov 23, 2013
- SOUTH OF FRANCE Part Quatre
From Montpellier we spent a day discovering more Roman masterpieces - the towns of Nîmes and Uzès and also the Pont du Gard site.
For the first time in months and months Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Nov 30, 2013
- SOUTH OF FRANCE Part Trois
Our last day trip from our base L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue was the beautiful walled city of Avignon. Our first mistake with this trip was to drive the car in rather than get the tra Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Nov 30, 2013
- Au revoir Paris!From early in the morning you are greeted by a spectacular array of cakes and pastries......if only we could stay long enough to try them all!
Our favourite patisser Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 30, 2013
- 130530: 4. Château de Lantic (B&B), Martillac
===Château Lantic B&B - Martillac===
We got to Martillac and our B&B, Château de Lantic, sometime after 6pm, I think. I felt just awful, so I went straight to bed. SR and LB went shopping; when they returned they brought Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 29, 2013
- The Louvre and surrounds Lovely gardens surrounding the Louvre and lots of dogs running and enjoying it.
Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 29, 2013
- 130529: 1a. Bordeaux wine lingo===About Bordeaux wines===
For the uninitiated, the following blog entry provides basic information on Bordeaux wines and French wine in general. It's a bit oversimplified, as the French system is pretty complex, so there are some minor technical inacc Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 29, 2013
- The many views of Paris.......The fruit and vegetable shops are a work of art. It must take them hours to set up.
What more can we say......delicious! Rue Saint-Honore 1st Arr.
[img=http:// Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 29, 2013
- Notre Dame
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631162/775DB57A2219AC68179D1D33E5A16 Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 29, 2013
- Endless beautiful cakes!Have a look at those piggy cakes - patisserie on Rue Montorgueil.
Rue Montorgueil lit up for Christmas - so pretty photo doesn't do it justice.
[img=http://ph Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 28, 2013
- Thursday in ParisSent from my iPod
The old crafts of Paris - repairer of instruments old and new. A quaint little shop on Blvd Richard Lenoir.
Delicious morning tea in a small Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 28, 2013
- Rome-ParisWhy do we travel? A question asked by many but answered by few. For the mass majority, by the time the plane hits the runway at their destination airport, their day-to-day schedules are perfectly planned out. Evidently, planning is very Posted by maxshustef in The Memoirs of a Frequent Traveler | Nov 28, 2013
- 130529: 5. Château Meyre (B&B), Castelnau-de-MédocOur first night's stay in Bordeaux was in [[http://www.chateaumeyre.com|Château Meyre]], a working winery and real château on the east side of Castelnau-de-Médoc. It was the most luxurious lodging we had on our trip. I had originally booked us [[http://ww Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 28, 2013
- 130529: 3. Bordeaux-St.-Estèphe-Pauillac-Listrac-CastelnauFrom the Bordeaux airport, we headed off for the Left Bank. We took highway E5 east, D1215 north, D2215 to D1 north, D1215E1 to D1215, D206 north to Pauillac, and D2 to St. Estèphe.
===Château Cos d'Estournel===
We drove non-stop Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 28, 2013
- LafayetteLafayette - what a magnificent department store. The domed stained glass roof is amazing and look at the tree! It was a huge 4 metres tall. All the flowers on the tree opened and closed and all the figurines Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 27, 2013
- A Cake Madame?
Sent from my iPod
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631162/90_1173 Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 27, 2013
- View from the Eiffel TowerWhat a view! How cold was it up there-5C on the ground but even cooler up there. Very organised considering the amount of people they move through each day. We bought our tickets online and that is the way to Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 27, 2013
- 130531: 3. Bordeaux - Bordeaux; Paris===City of Bordeaux - UNESCO World Heritage Site===
From Sauternes we followed SR's GPS and drove several miles to the toll highway (A62) that took us to Bordeaux. Traffic was moderate and soon we were heading north into the city Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 26, 2013
- 130531: 2. Bordeaux - Sauternes===Sauternes===
Next we headed for Sauternes, famous for its sweet wines made by a natural process called botrytization, in which the botrytis mold slowly dries out the grapes on the vine, concentrating their flavors. The resulting wines have rich, inten Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 26, 2013
- 130530: 2. Bordeaux - W. side of Saint-Émilion, Pomerol[[http://www.bordeaux.com/img/vineyard/vineyard_map_us-uk.jpg|MAP of Bordeaux wine region]]
==Right Bank - Saint-Émilion==
===Château Cheval Blanc===
From D243 we made a sharp left onto D245 and soon arrived at [[http://www.chateau-cheval-blanc.com Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 26, 2013