- AndlauI was very much looking forward to my first visit to France, specifically Andlau (our home base for our holiday), a little village in the Alsace region which is on France's eastern border with Germany and Switzerland. Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 30, 2015
- Paris Final DayToday was our last full day in Paris. It started with a final run through the botanical gardens. I normally take a day off a week from running, but I haven't taken a day off since the first Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 29, 2015
- CAHOR BORDEAUX and beyond : 23 to 28th JULYAs our journey continues we have been meandering our way North through France.
And of course this journey would not be complete without a stop at Bordeaux - famous for wine.
We stopped at Bordeaux for a few days and soaked Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 29, 2015
- Paris-The Tourist SitesToday started with a very cold run through the botanical gardens, which are only a block away from our apartment. I can't believe that I was wearing cold gear underarmour, a long sleeve t-shirt and a running jacket in Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 28, 2015
- ParisToday I diverged from my normal travel plan. Normally, I plan each city doing things we want to see the most, first. Sometimes we have to work around the days things are closed, and we also look at Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 27, 2015
- Paris Well, we did arrive okay in Paris. We don't have a phone, so arranging things like taxis can be a challenge. We got a card from a cab driver exiting the train station the other day, and he Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 26, 2015
- Beaujolais Wine Region[center]On the way from Paris to the ‘Contiki Chateau’ we stopped at the Fontainebleau Palace for lunch and then bused through the beautiful Burgandy wine country.
Contiki’s 16th Centruy Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Jul 26, 2015
- Paris [center]The first day of our Contiki Tour, we went to Paris! It was a long day of driving and ferrying but we were greeted with Escargo!
After dinner we had a ‘City of L Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Jul 26, 2015
- To Grandmother's House We GoSeeing as I forgot to post yesterday I thought I'd post now while we have a few hours to kill at the airport. Yesterday was out last full day in Paris. We did a bus tour of the city that Posted by ALees93 in Lees Boys European Trip | Jul 24, 2015
- Belgium and ParisWell it's been a few days and I've received a few messages about why we didn't post anything about Brussels and the truth of it is that Belgium was a huge let down. We arrived early on Saturday and we Posted by ALees93 in Lees Boys European Trip | Jul 22, 2015
- CAHOR (FRANCE) JULY 22ndSo now we have come down a little bit in the world. After a very luxurious night at the Chateau in Meyruis we had to cut the accommodation budget - here is tonights Chaterred lodgings
Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- ORANGE-MEYRUIS-CAHOR : (FRANCE) JULY 20 & 21stWe started the morning with a very pretty ride through vineyards and sweeping bends, and then through the Corniche des Cevennes
Occasionally stopping for a break and a photo of a Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Nice was nice for a nightWell we had to leave the beautiful Cinque Terre eventually. It was a sad morning as we headed back to the train station to get back to Le Spezia were the bus would pick us up from.
My chesty cold had Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 21, 2015
- GORGE to ORANGE (FRANCE) JULY 17, 18 & 19thIt is still very hot here in the south of France so we are going to Orange where we have air-conditioned accommodation and a pool : Bliss !!
The ride through included some very pretty roads with acres of Lavender and Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- BARCELONETTE to GORGE De VERDON : JULY 14,15,16thLeaving Barcelonette we condinued on the Route des Grandes Alpes - a great ride through magnificent canyons.
Through the Col de la Cayolle (2326m) to Guillaumes,
then through the Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- Apologies and a video from inside the churchIn the last post I made a flippant nod to the bad weather NZ was experiencing. After posting the blog I read in the Herald (I like to keep up with what's happening at home) about how bad the storm Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 18, 2015
- More cognac, cool rivers and a subterranean churchIn case you didn't realise what a huge variety of Cognac's there are available, in a wondrous array of bottle shapes and sizes, tis will give you an idea: [img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 18, 2015
- VALLOIRE to BARCELONETTE (FRANCE) JULY 13thThe last thing you expect to see is a Kangaroo in France - not even a "hay" sculpture, just out of Valloire there she was in all her glory !
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 16, 2015
- MARTIGNY (SWITZERLAND) to VALLOIRE(FRANCE) JULY 12thBreakfast in Switzerland, Lunch in Italy and Dinner in France.
Riding the Route des grande Alpes - Rugged Rocky High Country - totally different to the Alps we have been riding.
A great day starting with the St. Bernard Pass (2469m) where Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 16, 2015
- Last night in ParisOur last day in France. Sigh. Still, loads to do and enjoy. No blues allowed to kick in yet. We slept in a bit, then breakfasted, and went into town. Mainly to buy stamps, but just to wander around too. Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 15, 2015
- A taste of DijonThe thing to do in Dijon, was the Owl Trail. This is a clever self guided tour around the historic city. There are owl motifs in the footpath, and numbered plaques outside the main view points. Armed with the Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 15, 2015
- Anyone for Cognac?
With echoes of Taize in our minds (we burst into song in 2 part harmony several times a day) we are now staying in a 180 year old stone house (one gets totally used to being amongst t Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 15, 2015
On Tuesday m Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jul 13, 2015
- Taize: how can I describe the experience?We left Taize this afternoon. I don't have words to fully describe the experience. I don't have words. I have a swelling heart and tears in my eyes writing this. No pictures in this blog - I took plenty but Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 12, 2015
- Friends, family,a wedding and a road trip-Part 2From Pozzuoli, where we stayed inhaling the sulphurous humours of the Campi Flegrei, we drove along the Tyrrenhian Coast till it became the Ligurian, staying in a little jewel of a town named Talamone, perched since time immemorial on a Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Jul 12, 2015