- Monday we ventured out into the surrounding districtsA bit slow to arise on a stunning Avignon morning. We had breakfast, and I shot down to the “supermarche”, got supplies for lunch, and dinner. We made a picnic lunch and headed out in our rental (Audi) bound for Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 2, 2014
- France days 12-13By Sunday, Aunt Barbara was ready for a rest, so Uncle Chris was stuck putting up with the American contingent for the day (or, if you know him, you might ask: was it the other way around??!)
Obviously we had Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 1, 2014
- Le Sud 3Ahh Cannes...it's bay and it's celebrities... not that big of a deal actually compared to the bay of Nice! haha! Still, we stopped at the Martinez hotel where a lot of actors stay during the Cannes film festival. The head Posted by mcgoubi in The Foodies | Sep 1, 2014
- Le Sud 2Aigues-Morte was only 30min away from Arles in Camargue which is a bit of the Wild West of France. It is like a big national park: you can see wild horses running far away as well as pink flamingos.
On the Posted by mcgoubi in The Foodies | Sep 1, 2014
- Le SudWow! what an amazing week in the South East of France! It was a first for the both of us and it's incredible to still discover amazing places in your home country.
The other incredible thing is to realise how different Posted by mcgoubi in The Foodies | Sep 1, 2014
- To Genoa by train - first classAbout 2 hours by train with lots of tunnels and small towns along the way. We booked first class on the train on this leg - funny thing was that when I booked the journey the first and second class Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Sep 1, 2014
- Chalet livingAs mentioned in my previous post, we headed to the Bordeaux train station at 5.30pm for Craig and Kelly's arrival. Craig is a longtime friend of Jacko's, and over the years as I went back forth to Australia to visit, Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Sep 1, 2014
- Sunday: sun, swimming, shopping and relaxing!Sunny Sunday morning in Avignon..
Once we were organised we headed off on foot down town to buy our groceries and look at the produce markets. Rather than going directly to the supermarket we decided to have a look at the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 1, 2014
- France days 9-11Thursday we were off for another outing in the City of Light. This time, we were so taken with the sights that we didn't want to avert our eyes to turn around for the photos. Thus, we present a new Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 31, 2014
- ParisWe left London on Saturday morning on the Euro Star, great trip with no airports in site, arrived in Paris and checked out the city, on Sunday we did a hop on hop off bus tour, we all walked up Posted by Hamish414 in Europe 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- FranceWe anchored off St Jean de Luz and had a VERY big swell to get on and off the tender boats. The boats went up and down about 4 feet, so you had to wait for a lull to get Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 31, 2014
- Au Revoir Paris....After a wonderful week in Paris it was time to move on to our next adventure...Avignon.
We packed up all of our gear, ordered a taxi and negotiated the narrow steep stairwell with our heavy cases and back packs.
When we arrived Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 31, 2014
- Arty FridayWe were up, fed, watered, groomed and out the door before 10.00 am for our last full day in Paris.
I was keen to go to Montmartre to see the street artists and hopefully buy some art work.
We wandered down Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 31, 2014
- France day 8On Wednesday we started out the day as many people in France do: au marche (at the market). With my Aunt Barbara leading the way, we walked up the street to the bi-weekly market in her town to get a Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 29, 2014
- Thursday we hopped on and off the busToday we stayed in bed until 8am, which is quite late for us. We got up and had our breakfast and Skyped Aunt and Grandma. We got dressed and headed on down to catch the hop on hop off bus.
Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 29, 2014
- Dropped off at Gare de MentonDropped the car off at the railway station this afternoon. Did about 2700km on our French trip and it certainly helps having a diesel car because the cost is cheaper. Tomorrow we wake up in France and go to bed Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 29, 2014
- Anybody want to go halves?If you didn't like the colour of any of these there were lots more of these in the harbour! The best way of getting around Monaco is on a scooter as we found out - you get passed Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 29, 2014
- Next stop MonacoIf you think the folk in Antibes have money just drive a few minutes along the road to Monaco. Couldn't find anywhere to park the car which was a pain - I'm not sure what people do with their Ferraris,Mclarens Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 29, 2014
- Dropped by Antibes for a look around
Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 29, 2014
- ParisMetro - always cheaper to get a 'carnet' or tickets. Look for your destination on the map and find the end of the line (not like London where lines are all Northbound, Southbound, Westbound etc).
Distances between metro stations are really Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Aug 29, 2014
- France days 6-7We of course had a fabulous farewell lunch in Le Touquet and after the train ride to Paris, were greeted by my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Chris with a fabulous dinner.
Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 28, 2014
- The Louvre and Eiffel Tower part 2Thanks mum for writing the first part.
Anyway after the tour we wondered back to the Apartment taking our time, because the next tour didn't start until 3:00pm.
We had a home made lunch consisting of baguettes, feta, ham and tomatoes. We Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 28, 2014
- Local Luberon Rosé
Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 28, 2014
- Trying out some vegetarian dishes for dinner Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 28, 2014
- Are you keen on wine?This is the rosé section of wine available at a supermarket close by. We dropped in to get some more water to drink - it's been in the mid 30's most of the day and at 5.30pm it was still Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Aug 28, 2014