===Paris - Part 1===
12th Jun to 18th Jun: After enjoying a week of 21 hrs of daylight, we were on our way to the city of luurvve, Paris. This was our first time to Europe and what would be a Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jul 21, 2014
- New skills, new friends and and some great timing in Basque A couple of days before going to Toulouse an email landed in my inbox at just the right time – a family in Helette in Pays Basque (very South West of France, even closer to the Atlantic coast than Posted by Discovery84 in 2014 | Jul 21, 2014
- Saint Malo: A sea castle farewell for a royally good timeEggplant
France has treated us really well. You always hear stories about the hoity-toity, mean French people, but we have now traveled from the South to the North of France and everyone we met were at the very least civil Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 21, 2014
- Vivre la Paris!Eggplant
So far we’ve all been loving France! Blaze says this begrudgingly. He thought Spain was going to be his favorite. After my mom dropped off the rental car and the inspector person told her it was still Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 20, 2014
- Paris 2014This is a 3-day visit to Paris. Prior to leaving for Paris I purchased the Paris Pass. I bought the 4-day pass but if you plan carefully a two day pass should be enough (saves $50). Note that while Paris Posted by sgarje in Shashi's Travel blog | Jul 19, 2014
- Entry 6Ok - so as I mentioned on Wednesday night Will suggested I should go on a trip seeing he was working on most of his days off this time around. Thursday I woke to an email with exceptionally cheap flights Posted by Aussiesincanada in A year of adventures | Jul 19, 2014
- Paris, Friday, 18th July 2014Firstly, let's start with Lucy's recount of her day -
We each woke up facing a different day Friday morning. Nick and Brigitte were excitedly anticipating (some more than others) another day full of Disney fun.
Lucy awoke looking forward to Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 19, 2014
- Paris, Thursday, 17th July 2014A hot Paris day began with Brigittte celebrating her 19th birthday, so it is only fair Brigitte tells us about the day -
We caught the train from our apartment to Disneyland Paris, it was a long trip, over an Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 18, 2014
- Paris, Wednesday, 16th July 2014Another bright summers day for our trip to Versailles [[http://en.chateauversailles.fr/homepage]]
One of the must do items it seems, we joined our fellow tourists for a leisurely 65 minute wait to get into the palace grounds.
The palace started off Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 16, 2014
- Bastille DayJuly 14th is Bastille Day, France's independence day, so we did not have class. Instead, I went with Huguette and two of my housemates and one of their friends, to a garden festival and chateau in Chaumont. The garden was Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jul 16, 2014
- Farewell EuropeIt has been an unforgettable journey but our relationship with Europe is drawing to a close. Tomorrow we fly to Japan for a complete cultural challenge (and humidity shock). We witnessed the most beautiful sunrise at 4 am Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jul 16, 2014
- Paris, Tuesday, 15th July 2014A big welcome back to guest blogger, Lucy -
They say with great power comes great responsibility but in our case, with great amounts of butter comes a great need to walk - and as we did yesterday, walk we Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 15, 2014
- ParisParis had always been a city that had never been high on my list to see. While I knew I would make it there at some point in my life, my aversion to uber-touristy things and the talk that I Posted by danza in There and back again | Jul 15, 2014
- "It's okay, I'm in Paris"My mom arrived in Paris around the same time I did and she had some time on her own to do some sightseeing...but first, she had some difficulty when her luggage was lost. When I found out I thought she Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 15, 2014
- City of LightJustin Alex and I were able to make it to Paris although all of our trains were cancelled. It was a bit of a headache though because it meant that we had to get on other trains without an assigned Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 15, 2014
- Paris, Monday, 14th July 2014Bonjour, a busy Bastille Day with a massive walking tour of Paris.
We started off by heading to Notre Dame Cathedral which is only 10 minutes walk from our apartment, so far so good...
Plenty of people as you would Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 15, 2014
- Home Sweet HomeWe had booked a midnight flight from Dubai with an 8 hour layover in Paris. Our intention was to take the RER into Paris, have a croissant and coffee at a cafe, and perhaps take in a museum. Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 28, 2014
- Our tours from ToursFrom Barcelona the plan was to take a train to meet my friend from Georgia Tech in Toulouse, France. We planned this part together because being both aerospace engineers we were going to go see the Airbus plant (Airbus is Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 14, 2014
- Touring ToursEggplant
The Loire valley is known for its copious amounts of châteaus. Of all of them, I wanted to visit Château de Villandry and Château de Chenonceau. Villandry is known for its Renaissance garden, which is considered one of Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 13, 2014
- Lyon / Lyon to Paris, Saturday / Sunday, 12th/13th July 2014Saturday was (again) raining & cool, so much for summer!
We headed across Lyon to the markets in Croix Rousse [[http://www.francemagazine.com/get-to-know-lyons-quirky-and-inviting-croix-rousse-district/]], despite the weather, this was a great area to Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 13, 2014
- A Long Week of ClassesThis week was my first full week of classes. It was definitely a long week filled with quite a bit of homework. On Monday, I had class all day, from 9 until 4. After class I just worked on homework Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jul 13, 2014
- Montignac: A jump back into time and the silver screenEggplant
I'm going to be totally honest. I wouldn't have incorporated a visit to Montignac if it wasn't for my mom and Brian. A couple months ago, my mom saw an exhibit at The Field Museum about the Lascaux Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 11, 2014
- Lyon, Friday 11th July 2014Well here we are in Lyon, cannot believe we have already seen & done so much across the five countries so far & we are just at the half way point of our trip.
Thursday was spent driving from Zurich with Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 11, 2014
- One Day in LyonDoesn't quite have the same ring to it as "One night in Bangkok", but we had a glorious day today... albeit continuing with our not brilliant weather patterns, fortunately today was just cold and overcast, but no actual rain. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- Yesterday...Yesterday, Claire & Adam (pictured below), Celeste, & I, went to lunch at some little place we stumbled upon. It was really delicious! It was kind of a French-Italian fusion, like most places in Lyon. I had prawns with risotto Posted by Rmeurope14 in Randa's Summer in Europe | Jul 10, 2014