- One Week Down (or three weeks, depending how you count it)Tomorrow will mark the three-week anniversary of my arrival in Besançon, but so much has happened in the past 20 days that it feels like it has been much longer.
I survived my first week of classes without sustaining Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 21, 2014
- Lovely Day in VillandryWe had soooo much fun today. We woke up around 7:00 this morning when we heard it pouring rain outside. We fell asleep to the soothing pitter patter of rain and got up around 10:30. The weather was nice and Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 20, 2014
- Eiffel Toweron the road 17-Sep
Since Sunday we have been traveling in a campervan. We with some family friends have been traveling all around France. We have been to the Eiffel Tower and to southern of France. The Eiffel Tower was more Posted by DominicL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 17, 2014
- Zandy's apple treeon the road, 17-Sep
We were camping in the road and I found an apple tree. And the apples weren't poisonous.I tried one and it was perfect to eat. We have been eating them in the morning for breakfast.
We went to Posted by ZandyL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 17, 2014
- Driving in the campervanWed 17-Sep
I am sitting in the rear section of the campervan as we zoom southwards in France. I had a good long drive yesterday, and on the motorway the campervan got up to 130km/h - the speed limit on the Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 17, 2014
- Off to HonfleurWe packed ourselves up on Wednesday morning and dragged our cases to La Macaron for a quick breakfast, then off to Port Royal Station
We negotiated our way to Orly Airport where we picked u Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 20, 2014
- The town of Aix-en-Provence
Yesterday, I stayed at the campsite to do a load of washing while the others went on a road trip to see wild white horses and wild dark pink flamingos. They also went to LeCamargue Bateau Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 20, 2014
- Just Tourin' aboutBegrudgingly torn away from our beloved sun-kissed beaches, we delved into the leafy greenery of Touraine, the French province that hosts the Loire Valley and countless other picturesque country villages; arriving finally in Tours, a major hub for explori Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Sep 20, 2014
- Ponches EstruvalWe left London early Friday morning after a later than planned night out with my friend Gib. We had a few drinks with Gib at [[http://www.taylor-walker.co.uk/about/historic-pubs/anchor-bankside-southwark/|the Anchor]] and then Erica joined us for dinner Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 20, 2014
- Under the Basque sunMuch to my happiness, my skin now has that slippery, oily feeling that only comes from the continual day-to-day slathering of sunscreen. Our time in coastal Basque Country has been a hazy marquee of blue waves and white sand by Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Sep 20, 2014
- Travel Day: Arcachon to the Loire ValleyToday was a long travel day. One of the longest we have had yet! We started out this morning in Arcachon by getting up around 10:30. We were planning to get up a little earlier but Kaela was so sleepy! Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 19, 2014
- Cruising the SeineAfter our dinner at the Eiffel tower it was down to the River Seine for our final highlight of our time in Paris.
We joined a couple of hundred fellow tourists queuing to hop onto a ferry similar to the one Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 19, 2014
- Paris 2Even though it was our first day today we jumped right in by going to a lot of the main attractions. First off in the morning we went by train to the Louvre. It was so good that we got Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 19, 2014
- Aix-en-ProvenceAnother day of long driving to get to Aix-en-Provence. George and Sheila have a pre-wedding dinner to attend here. Can't remember if I mentioned, George's great niece is getting married here in Provence and tonight is the offical pre-wedding dinner. Georg Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 18, 2014
- Barcelona to ParisToday we got to go on the TGV train. It was very long it took almost 7 hours! The train did not go TGV (train grand vitesse = very fast train), until we had well entered France, past Nimes. It Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 19, 2014
- About to cross the viaduct
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 18, 2014
- Being a Tourist in Paris (Part 3)On Tuesday Al joined us as we hopped back on the bus and circulated Paris once more. Having seen many of the famous and iconic locations the day before I enjoyed looking at people, traffic, shopfronts and the buildings which Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 18, 2014
- Travel Day: Bilbao to ArcachonWe had an insanely fun travel day. In fact, we might have had a perfect day. We left Bilbao around 8:30 this morning. The garage across the street woke us up at 7:55...five minutes before our alarm was set to Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 18, 2014
- Wed 17thBarb here
Versailles. Was on the agenda today but not before we bought pastry at the local boulangerie before hitting the metro tunnels.
The train trip took about a half hour.
The town was very low key compared to the estate that Posted by bollinger13 in EUROPE 2014 | Sep 17, 2014
- St. Jean Pied de Port [ Posted by bobscamino in Bob's Camino | Sep 17, 2014
- Back to School!Sunday was my last day of the summer, and it was a relatively quiet day...I slept in really late after a late Saturday night, then met Théo downtown to visit the Museum of the Resistance (Besançon has a rich legacy Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 17, 2014
- Au Revoir!Paris has continued to be a great experience, and we have been traipsing all over the city taking in the sights. Since our last post, we have seen: The Louvre, the Arc De Triomphe, the Pompidou, Versailles, Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Sep 17, 2014
- Being a tourist in Paris (part 2)On Monday evening after our day hopping on and off the bus in Paris I left my travelling companions at the apartment and headed back to the Montparnasse Tower at dusk to see the sun go down. It had been Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 17, 2014
- France part deux: days 1-3 and French existential musings...The final weekend of our journey had arrived. Upon our return to France, Aunt Barbara and Uncle Chris kindly fetched us at the airport. They proposed a truly fabulous idea: fondue dinner. I hadn't had the chance to show Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 17, 2014
- The Beaches at Normandy - 9/16/20149/16 - Mary Ann wishes to thank everyone for her birthday messages! (updated 9/19 - added more photos
We spent the entire day visiting Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, the American Cemetery and small city of Bayeux. Will post more Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 16, 2014