- L-R-L Rally 2013 - DAY 4 COUPE DES COLS
And so this challenge was 100% voluntary. Yes, Dear Reader, Team Fisher put itself through yet more tortuous hairpins, sheer drops and dizzy heights just for the sheer hell of it.
Settin Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Oct 7, 2013
- Bron, Nico and their four gorgeous kids!
I was so looking forward to catching up with Bron and Nico as the last time we saw them was 15 years ago when we were living in Perth. They had come West to have a holiday before their first Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 7, 2013
- Just For A Change It was as I wrote an email to my sister, by this time herself travelling in Ireland, that I saw the light.
While not everything was booked, our plan was to spend mainly 1 or 2 nights (with the occasional Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 6, 2013
- Soaking Up Landscapes:One of the places high on my wish list for Provence was the Camargue.
The Camargue National Park is flat marsh lands that lie south west of Marseille and Arles. They are famous for the small white horses that have Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 6, 2013
- Tourtour to Le ThoronetTuesday, and final ride day and it consists of a 42 km ride from Tourtour to where we started all this a week ago, Monday, to Le Thoronet. It was one of those very special days weather wise. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 1, 2013
- Two Days in NiceThursday
We will avoid the obvious description of Nice. But it is a very interesting and beautiful place. We spent Thursday wandering along the beach front, the marina and through the older and historical parts of the town. More Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 6, 2013
- Le Thoronet/Les Arcs to NiceHeadwater transferred us from Le Thoronet to Les Arcs so we could catch the train to Nice. It was a smooth transition and the train ride of one hour or so went reasonably well. Except for one small Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Oct 6, 2013
- Andrea part IIAndrea took a fun picture of our little town and some of the creatures that inhabit the grassy areas.
The day after we Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 6, 2013
- ParisI took the train from Zolle to Amsterdam early Thursday morning, and caught the highspeed train through Belgium to Paris.
I was able to check into my hotel early, so after a quick freshen up, I left to catch Posted by willettales in Europe Adventure 2013 | Oct 6, 2013
- Last Days in ParisWe rented an apartment near to Place d'Italie for our last three nights in Paris. We were fortunate that the owner allowed us to check in early after the night train. The kids were tired after the night Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Oct 5, 2013
- Back to Bordeaux - the long way round
ferry Arcachon to Cap Ferret, bike the rest
Monday 30th Sept 13 (day 30)
It was a very mild night again last night. We woke about 8.30 and it looked like it had not rained overnight, Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Oct 3, 2013
- Dune du Pilat - largest sand dune in Europe
Sunday 29th Sept 13 (day 29)
I was first woken by the sound of birds chirping - noisy little bastards. The second time by the campers next door arguing about if it was going to rain Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Oct 3, 2013
- Coasters, Castles, Cartoons and Cups 30th September 2013
Today was our Euro Disney adventure and our last day in France. We walked to nearby Bonne Nouvelle station and took a trip to Opera where we changed trains for a 45minute journey to Disneyworld. We didn't have Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Oct 3, 2013
- Hot Chocolate & Gardens29th September 2013
With Euro Disney tomorrow , this was our last chance to see everything we wanted to see in Paris. It was a big day lots of walking, in fact 7 hours of walking the streets of Paris from Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Oct 3, 2013
- Monet's Walls and Tennis Balls28th September 2013
Our first day on our own in Paris without a tour group!
Oh wow, a sleep in. It was amazing. We didn't get up until after 9am and then went down to breakfast. It was in a Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Oct 3, 2013
- Its all about style Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Oct 3, 2013
- Sarlat to Bergerac, rest, to Arcachon
above route shown on map traveled by train
Thursday 26th Sept 13 (day 26)
Waking up in a soft bed we were grateful we did not tent last night as it rained. We had a task to Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Oct 3, 2013
- Days 24-28 - Donkey Trekking in the PyreneesWe walked a few kms to the small village of Unac in the morning to meet our donkey host. He took us through detailed maps of a trekking route and showed us the ropes with the donkeys. Nikki Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Oct 2, 2013
- Day 23 - Carcassonne to the PyreneesKat and I did a tour of the paid entry part of the castle in the morning while Alex got his worn out shoes replaced. We learnt more about medieval life and the history of Carcassonne, though I can't Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Oct 2, 2013
- An Artists Paradise27th September 2013
Waking up in a new hotel is always interesting. We got ready, alarm off at 615am and tried to find the breakfast room. Trafalgar have separate eating areas to the rest of the hotel so that we can Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Oct 2, 2013
- CCCC - Chambord Chateau & Chartres Cathedral26th September 2013
Our last morning in Amboise, a really nice breakfast and we are on our way. It is an overcast day and is perfect for touring.
Firstly this morning we visited Chambord, and one of the most remarkable and recognisable Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Oct 2, 2013
- Ahhh Provence!Again with the getting lost!!!!
This time it was in the tiny little one way streets of the old part (inside the ramparts) of Avignon. That's where we were staying but could we find a place to even pull up Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- C'est France:We we picked up a car again in Chambery outside of Lyon with the intention of getting reacquainted with the other side of the road before hitting the by large city of Lyon. As usual despite, or perhaps because Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- If its Friday, its Amsterdam We have been working our way round more European cites and I recommend you avoid Leige which is just a grey mean looking city even with the sun shining. We were there because Jamie was meeting up with some Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Oct 1, 2013
- Day 22 - Carcassonne and SurroundsCarcassonne dwarfed any of the previous medieval structures that we had seen. This truly was an immaculately preserved walled city and castle, built and continuously added to since Roman times. It even had inner and outer walls. Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 30, 2013