Slightly mixed feelings today after a somewhat frustrating day. We're in Jarnac (near Cognac) and staying in a chateau. That in itself is lovely. The building is wonderfully restored all rooms are decorated with heritage treasures. The Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 25, 2013
- Au revoir Provence and allo Carcassonne!We're on the move at the moment! Well clearly not literally as I'm absolutely useless at typing in the car - or in a train for that matter!! Right now, I'm in our hotel room in Carcassone. It's a less Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 23, 2013
- A day at homeToday was a day when we did very little but what we did was lovely. First may I take you back to last night when we went out for dinner. We'd been advised that things were busy and that we'd Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 21, 2013
- Our WinterSo despite what we've said on here and implied, our winter has actually been quite difficult. The job that I got originally at a school in Nice turned out to be the worst I've ever had, and it Posted by Meghan.Gardner in Our France Adventure | Mar 20, 2013
- Nice Carnaval 2013For three weeks each year, Nice holds Carnaval - a giant celebration with parades, fireworks and other festivities. The opening celebrations were free and Place Massena was jam packed with people armed with confetti and silly spray. There Posted by Meghan.Gardner in Our France Adventure | Mar 20, 2013
- Les Fontaine and OrangeIt’s a truth universally acknowledged that being an active tourist becomes harder as you get older. It also doesn’t help when you’re slightly (alright very) unfit when you set out. We tried to get into shape a bit before Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 20, 2013
- France 2013We left Vancouver on sunny March 8 and arrived in Amsterdam near noon on the 9th to rain. The KLM flight was good but the seats in coach were so close together that we could not stand up straight when Posted by gailmb in France 2013 | Mar 20, 2013
- Burgundy DiscoveryEnjoyed a fantastic day on the Burgundy Discovery Wine Tasting Tour, great hosts, enjoyable wine, beautiful 3 course meal & yay, no rain! Rob & Joy are from the UK & visited Beaune & surrounding areas for years before buying Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 19, 2013
- The FrescoA two night trip to Paris without kids is supposed to be romantic, right? Somehow I managed to turn it into a 48 hour episode of The Amazing Race except we weren't racing against anyone. My wife is used to Posted by EuropInFebruary in From the Travel Book I'll Never Write | Mar 19, 2013
- Brilliant BouillabaiseWe'd been warned about Marseille. About it's air of danger and it being a home of criminal activity in France. First of all by Keri - who has watched a lot of tv shows based in the place and, most Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 19, 2013
- The search for chocolate starts on a cross channel ferryIf you love chocolate, and who doesn’t, then you’ll love going on a motoring tour to France and Belgium to search out some of the best chocolate in the world. After all, Belgian chocolate is renowned for it. Not surprising Posted by uk ferries in Cross Channel Ferries | Mar 18, 2013
- AvignonIn 1309 things got a bit hectic in Rome and Pope Clement V decided that things weren't safe - this was before Berlusconi and his bunga bunga parties you have to remember. Looking for a safe haven, the holy father Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 18, 2013
- Eiffel Tower & Beaune One minute sunshine, the next rain, too hard to predict Paris weather so taxi to the Eiffel Tower it was Bloody freezing, only way to describe the icy wind & rain whilst waiting in line for the lift up to Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 18, 2013
- Photoblog: Bordeaux wine country
[center]Cathédrale Saint-André de Bordeaux[/center]
[center]Pont de Posted by BillLehane in Silly Billy | Mar 17, 2013
- Dealing with the elementsThe weather can play havoc with a holiday if you let it – we’ve decided that the trick is to go with the flow and manage accordingly.
Yesterday – Saturday – was gorgeous. The Mistral had dropped, the sky was blue Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 17, 2013
- Moulin Rouge & Notre DameEurostar was operating, phew! Enjoyed the train trip although Geoff suffered with a little motion sickness as our seats were facing backwards. Git in a few episodes of Sex and the City whilst enjoying the beautiful scenery of the French Posted by Duzzy 64 in Europe 2013 | Mar 17, 2013
- A home of our own in ProvenceFor the next week we're going to enjoy the delight of "living" in Provence in a narrow, three story, "town" house in L'Isle-Sur-La-Sorgue in the Vaucluse region of Provence.
Leaving Marseille yesterday was relatively painless, once we'd done a small la Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 16, 2013
- Strasbourg, FranceSuper behind on posting! Here are some pics from a day trip I took with a buddy over to France. Just a hop away....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/552807/P3020706.jpg caption=Crepe Posted by meghann922 in Deutschland y Mas | Mar 15, 2013
- Family time in FranceA month in Le Mans and Sarthe with family but also in Nantes to visit best friends and meeting Spanish best-friend in Paris right before coming back to Montreal Posted by WorldPeg in 2013 Tucson - Bangkok - Australia | Jan 21, 2013
- Voilà! Back in Action!Hola a todos otra vez!! Por favor perdóname para mi ausencia! So sorry for my absence! I have been unbelievably busy the past couple of months with visitors, trips, and other exciting things that you will hear lots about over Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Mar 14, 2013
- Bonjour - at bloody last!!!We started to think that we'd never get here and by the time we went to bed last night we were wondering if we wanted to be here but now we're in love with the place and life is pretty Posted by dawnandhugh in Our Moveable Feast | Mar 13, 2013
- Caen - Beauvais9 AM - Waky waky - coffe, brioche and ready to leave!
10 AM - On the road
one and a half hour and the first car stops - "You're trying at the bad place..I know better" - Posted by sonofzso in Voyage | Mar 8, 2013
- Rennes - Caen9.00 AM. - Meeting Clotilde at the bus station, taking the bus to the hitch-spot.
10.00 AM. - Thumbs in the air, sign prepared, smiling and waiting since an hour..still nothing
[center][/cent Posted by sonofzso in Voyage | Mar 8, 2013
- Printemps en ProvenceIt is spring in the south of France and it’s easy to see why the Côte d’Azur (the Blue Coast) of the French Riviera is so named…
The startling blues of the Mediterranean sea and sky, coup Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Mar 4, 2013
- TORONTO,PARIS,STRASBOURG,SALZBURG,MUNICH & VILLEFRANCHE First stop on this adventure was Toronto where I visited my son, Doug and his family. We went to grandson Cameron's first football game of the season, cycled to the waterfront, walked all over and had a family dinner with Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Nov 14, 2011