- SchoolOk so yesterday I started classes at Lycée Victor Hugo. It was just an hour-long "meet the teacher." I understood next to nothing. Then I got lost on the way home. At least the weather was nice. The way to Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Sep 2, 2015
- Bon Jour, Paris!What a treat to realize you've woken up in Paris! Too bad it was at 6am and we knew we wouldn't fall back to sleep. Sooooo, we decided we would get up and go find some breakfast and see some Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- First Sight of Eiffel Tower Posted by lovenightingale in Due West | Sep 1, 2015
- Doors of Europe, France[img=h Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- ToursWe left Biarritz not a minute to soon, nice place but some of the people were really unfriendly. It’s a shame really and we know it sounds like we are nit picking but when most things have been so good, Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 1, 2015
- We are safely settled in ParisBonjour mes petites,
Our flight was very uneventful. Nine hours and a few movies later and we were at the CDG airport at 8:30 am. Nine flights arrived at the same time so customs was a zoo. Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- And the touring begins!What an adventure (pr. "Exhausting") our first day in Europe was! Landing in Amsterdam and traversing via rail to Paris, then navigating the Metro subway and walking to the hotel. On the way to the hotel, I couldn't stop looking Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Myliu Nicą
Nica yra nuostabi ir gyva, su charakteriu - kaip žmogus.
Šeštadienio popietė, keliauju antrą kartą tarp SFR kontoros ir Tabac kiosko, kuris vakar man pardavė tele Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 31, 2015
- Cabourg/HoulgateToday I moved into the house of my first host family
Things I have discovered:
The dog responds to English
The doors here are all nearly impossible to close
bread bread bread bread
rabbit sounds exactly like bread with the article
On that note... Ev Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Aug 30, 2015
- The cow on receptionWhere to start about Biarritz. It is the shortest trip on the bus it took us a total of 55mins to leave San Sebastian cross the border into France and arrive at our destination. So we were there by 9.30 Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 29, 2015
- One famous little Red mill at the centre of everythingCan you believe it’s only 30 minutes flying time and, for me, just 200 miles from home. Even Manchester is further!! Paris, the French capital and London’s nearest rival for best European city. But did you know that Paris is Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Aug 28, 2015
- NiceWeather today was sunny and hot, reaching at least 30 C.
A free day in Nice, although I had two optional tours today.
The first was to St Paul de Vence, a medieval fortified village in the hills overlooking the Cote d'Azur, Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 28, 2015
- Tuscany to NiceToday was another hot sunny day, reaching 30 C.
Departed the hotel at 8:00am to get to Pisa by 9:00am and beat the crowds, including the cruise ships that generally get their passengers there by mid morning. Our coach parked in Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 28, 2015
- LilleWe left Ponches around 10am on Wednesday for our road trip up to Lille and to drop Deb off for her flight to Copenhagen and return trip home. Our first stop was Lens where we went to the [[http://www.louvrelens.fr|Louvre-Lens]].
We Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 27, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Turiu problemąJau keli mėnesiai, kaip gyvenu ant vandens, tai ima atsirasti kažkokie nežemiškai kiti matymai, vertinimai ir suopročiai. Daug jų visokių yra, bet šitas kažkoks prikibęs, nes kertasi su mano įsitikinimu, kad nereikia auklėti suaugusių žmonių. Nes tai yra Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 27, 2015
- France![img=http://photos. Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Aug 27, 2015
- Day 16Arrived in Toulon about 8.00am and went ashore about 10.00am. The port area is nice and there was a food market (mainly fruit & veg.) right there that seemed like it catered for the locals, not us tourists, which was Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Aug 26, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Mazochistų užrašai
Išmarginau mėlynėm žmoną, bet jai patinka. Tai aš nupirkau laivą (su jos pritarimu, žinoma), aš pribūriau svajonių apie prabangiai minimalistinį gyvenimo stilių l Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 26, 2015
- Ponches EstruvalSaturday the local town of Crécy had a medieval day to commemorate the Battle of Crécy in 1346. They had a number of stalls selling old wares as well as people dressed up everywhere in costumes. One of the main Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 25, 2015
- Our Itinerary
Here's the plan:
Aug 31 Fly to Paris
Sept 6 Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- Map of our trip
Here's our whole trip at a glance! Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- FranceWe had no problems getting on the flight from Stockholm to London, so we arrived in London on Sunday morning. We caught the tube to Bernie's place in Limehouse and spent Sunday night catching up.
On Monday Bernie had to make Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 21, 2015
- France - Normandy, D-Day, French DriversFirst thing I want to say about France is that, geez they know how to recoup freeway costs through tolls. There are no e-tag type toll points so you need to pull up and queue if necessary. Some are manned, Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Aug 21, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Cote d'Azur pigiauCote d'Azur, arba Prancūzijos Rivjera yra prancūzų rojus, kurį jie sau sukūrė. Niekas prancūzams to rojaus ant lėkštelės neatnešė, bet jie žinojo karta iš kartos ką daro ir ko nori iš šio žemės ant kranto lopinėlio. Taigi, čia saulė, šilta Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 20, 2015
- Making the PlanFinally nailed down all the details. Leaving in two weeks! Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Aug 16, 2015