- Day 16 - Ah ParieeWell an easy introduction to Paris.
Train trip was a flash back to old style travel, with it being fully catered with food and drinks and all free given we are 1st class travellers. I wonder what the plebs in Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 28, 2015
- FREUDENSTADT (GERMANY) to OBERNAI (FRANCE) MAY 28thAll we did today was ride some fantastic roads, see beautiful scenery and basically enjoy ourselves.
Found a bed but it was too early so we had to go straight past - interesting litt Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 28, 2015
- Bordeaux Day 2Thursday 28th May
This is our last day in Bordeaux. A quiet one was planned in order to store up some valuable energy for the transfer to the much cooler climate of Scotland. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 28, 2015
- Bordeaux Day 1Wednesday 27th May
A day to explore Bordeaux. We spent the morning wandering down the banks of the river, La Garonne. Bordeaux is in a festive mood as it was the time of the Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 27, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien to BordeauxTuesday 26th May
Just a drive to Bordeaux today. 150 kms or so, of driving through the French countryside and we should be in Bordeaux by 2 pm. We avoided the tollways and this is not just because we Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 26, 2015
- Walking fast to sit slowDear Drs. Haskew and Wiest,
Today I took our students out to lunch for the second time. On Monday, when I took them the first time, I let them set the pace and we were done in about 45 minutes. Posted by Ken Fridley in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 27, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 6Monday 25th May 2015 (Whit Monday)
It is a public holiday, so the shops are only open for a few hours in the morning and only a few of them at that. Those that do open, close at 1 pm. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 25, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 5Sunday 24th May 2015 (Whit Sunday)
It is Dimanche and it is indeed market day in Saint-Cyprien. This usually quiet and sedate village has been transformed into a massive bustling market with traffic and cars parked everywhere. It is Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 24, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 4Saturday 23rd May 2015
Another slow start to the day. But there are a few chores to do. There was a market in the village to explore plus shopping needed to be done before 1 pm. But there Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 23, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 3Friday 22nd May 2015
Another beautiful spring day in southern France with warm sunshine and fresh air. Jill discovered a cherry tree that's right at the back of our little house. It is actually our neighbour's tree but it Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 22, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 2Thursday 21st May 2015
Jill is feeling much better, so we decided to walk to Toumassou Haute where we stayed in a farm house 5 years ago. We drove down to the car park on the Dordogne River to save Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 21, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 1Wednesday 20th May 2015
A quiet day was in order following the adventures of the previous day. Plus Jill is still not feeling well. So we slowly found our way into the day and eventually met our host, Maria. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 20, 2015
- San Sebastian to Saint-CyprienTuesday 19th May 2015
It was building to be a big day, and it was. Somebody sent us some angels and we managed to arrive safe and sound in Saint-Cyprien, France. But I am ge Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 19, 2015
- Test blog entryHere is a test entry with some info.
Second para here.
Posted by kiemce in Layla's Europe Trip | May 26, 2015
- Neuvic sur L'IsleWe decided to bite the bullet and head north. Mainly to get away from the Tramontane wind which was slowly driving me crazy. I had seen a campsite that I fancied near Perigeux in the Dordogne called Manzac Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 26, 2015
- Argeles sur Mer and Port VendresWe decided that as we were in such a beautiful spot we had better make the effort and see something of the location.
We headed to Port Vendres first. It was Sunday and we did not expect any of the Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 26, 2015
- PerpignanWigan Warriors had a Super league fixture against Catalans Dragons in Perpignan. We knew we wouldn't be able to take Bea into the stadium, but we decided to go for the craic and to watch the game in a sports Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 26, 2015
- First Day at Institut de TouraineEveryone made their way from the US to Tours without any major problems (AT&T decided to mess with one student's international plan but I think that got resolved OK). Everyone is now settled in with their home stay families Posted by Ken Fridley in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 25, 2015
- Crowds, Crowds and More Crowds (and a Clown)Before I get into what Patti and I did today, let me tell you about ice cream. We went to this place near our hotel to get a cone last night and when we ordered they told us we Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 24, 2015
- Sainte Chapelle and Two MuseumsAfter a good night's sleep, Patti and I set out for the day. Our first stop was breakfast at La Croissanterie where we had yummy almost croissants. Our first stop after that was going to be the Pantheon Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 23, 2015
- I Did Not Come All The Way To Paris To See Clowns!Our long day started early yesterday morning. My parents drove us to Milwaukee and we left about 5am. Traffic in Milwaukee was good, and checking in at the airport was a breeze. Then, when I got to Posted by AnneO in Euro2015 | May 22, 2015
- Argeles Sur Mer and CollioureHad an absolutely lovely trip here with spectacular scenery on the way. We had asked the sat nav to avoid tolls and so it took us on some really good roads, the views of rural France were just Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 21, 2015
- So... can I just stay here?This is going to be my final solo post from The Adfrenchures: 2014-2015!
I managed to score one of those super-cheap buttcrack of dawn tickets to Paris for Sunday morning (so cheap because it is early enough that there are no Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | May 19, 2015
- LattesSpectacular scenery on the way here and very warm in the car.
We arrived at 1pm only to find reception closed until 3pm. This were were told by another couple who had just arrived complete with cat on a Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 18, 2015
- DAY 9 - Saturday 9th May - Bourg-due-Gironde to Bordeaux toWeather - overcast / warm, waiting impatiently for the next sun cream day
First thing of the morning to do is to call Vodafone. I dial and a recorded Spanish speaking woman is trying to say something to me...not a clue Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | May 15, 2015