- Some culture in ParisWe woke feeling refreshed, and decided to try La Chat Bossu for breakfast. Hmm....Paris doesn’t do breakfast at cafes. So, cafe et pain au Chocolat it was. Still an experience, watching Paris go about its morning.
Chores this morning, we had Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jun 29, 2015
- Day 24. Paris to Mont St MichelleLeft our hotel at 8:40 this morning and arrived at Charles de Gaul by cab. We had a car reserved for us but by the time we found the car rental desk, got all the paperwork done, found our way Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 29, 2015
- Day 23. Paris, France 🇫🇷We had until noon to use up our Paris pass. So we trekked 5 km to the Musée d'Orsay. It was a beautiful walk along the Seine and mostly in the shade of trees. By the time we got there Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 28, 2015
- Leaving France!I just wanted to write a quick note to all of you and say that I have really enjoyed reading all your posts and chatting with you through the comments. I'm sad to leave France, but I had an Posted by crbelson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 28, 2015
- 4 City Comparison Weekly PromptTuscaloosa, Alabama: Tuscaloosa ranks fourth on my list mainly because of the incredible use of air conditioning. Since Alabama is so far south and it gets so hot for many months out of the year, air conditioning is used Posted by crbelson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 28, 2015
- Day 22 Saturday. Paris 🇫🇷We were up and out early to hop on the metro(subway) to get the missing hop on off passes. Once we found the office we were all set to go. We hopped on a bus, sat up top in the Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 28, 2015
- Day 21 Friday Paris 🇫🇷 We were in the subways first thing this morning to get to the other side of town to get a Paris Pass. Then we walked up to the Louvre and joined the masses. We spent a few intimate moments Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 27, 2015
- I love Paris in the springtime
After the Somme we headed for Paris. We had a tip from a website that a particular park area had free parking so we headed that way and found a great spot right next to the park near the Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jun 27, 2015
- Setting off on our continental adventureWe were off! Finally! The registration papers and my UK licence had arrived while we were in Scotland and after a few days catching up and sorting out final bits and pieces for the van we were ready Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jun 27, 2015
- A world tour to support a family experienceSwiss Army knives and inflatable travel pillows: the list of the most family purchases D. before school starts ... Because on September 3, the day of the resumption of the school, the small Nell, 9, will not be in its Posted by Roberto13124 in efawgfagag | Jun 27, 2015
- Country Three - Je suis arrivé.I knew I was out of Belgium and in France when the train station became chaotic and the men stopped wearing deodorant.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 26, 2015
- Day 20 Thursday Amsterdam to Paris 🇫🇷Up and outside early taking my last photos of Amsterdam. We made our way to the train station and found the right platform in all of five minutes. And wow does it ever move! We stopped at Schiphol, Rotterdam, Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 26, 2015
- Paris Farewell - Day 14 We arrived back in Paris at 6 PM, just in time to see super heroes.
Feeling that P Posted by Cybercsp in London, Paris and Normandy | Jun 26, 2015
- Conflans - Day 14This morning we awoke docked in Conflans. This port is about 1.25 hours, by bus, from Versailles. Since we had already been to Versailles, we decided to take the two-hour walking tour of Conflans rather than the optional Posted by Cybercsp in London, Paris and Normandy | Jun 25, 2015
- Cycling La SeineWe slept well. Yeah! Woke feeling ready to explore. First stop, the nearby market. Stall holders were setting up still. It was just 8am. We found a sunny cafe, ordered coffee and orange juice in french, and watched life go Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jun 25, 2015
- Arriving in ParisA shortish taxi was meant to be our transport this morning. Booked last night. But no. The new receptionist suggested the bus as he couldn’t raise a taxi. Argh! We knew the drill, 10 min dash to the bus stop, Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jun 25, 2015
- Sanary sur Mer4 June left Montpellier and took train (via Marseille) to one of our favourite places on the Med - Sanary. We decided to spoil ourselves a bit so booked into a (bloody expensive) hotel with exec room and a pool.
We Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jun 25, 2015
- Back into France1 June - early start to drive to Barcelona Airport to return our "fiat 500 with the extra-arse" as Mo has christened it.
Despite my misgivings it's actually been a good car. We have covered about 2500 miles and not Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jun 25, 2015
- Les Andelys - Day 13It is an absolutely beautiful day today. We left Rouen at 6 AM to cruise to Les Andelys. We had a disembarkation talk at 10 AM, which is always rather depressing, as it means that the end Posted by Cybercsp in London, Paris and Normandy | Jun 24, 2015
- DAY 54 - Tuesday 23rd June - St. Tropez to Gorges du Verdon After an eventful night of traffic and next doors dog barking and setting Ellie off in the middle of the night, which pulled me out of a very deep sleep, it was morning. 7am ready of a morning in fact Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 24, 2015
- DAY 53 - Monday 22nd June - Hyeres to St. TropezEnough of history, it's playtime! And wow what scenery to drive on through to get to St. Tropez. Also I've noticed the French really do use every available piece of land to be growing something on it, corn, grapes, livestock, Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 24, 2015
- DAY 52 - Sunday 21st June - Arles to Aix-en-Provence to So Aix-en-Provence it is, in the midst of the never ending tour of the South of France. Parking up was relatively easy as its Sunday, you can park any where on a Sunday it seems, even the island in the Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 24, 2015
- Day 51 - Saturday 20th June - Avignon to This campsite is one of a rare place which gave us a check out time, and that's 12pm so gonna use every minute! Photos finally uploaded, van cleaned, long long shower taken and its 11.45am but still have the power Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 24, 2015
- Day 50 - Friday 19th June - Sommieres to Nimes to Uzes to PoThe sun is up and so are we as we head into Sommeries to make an early start as we've got lots to see as I've decided a campsite is required and we need to get to Avignon a day Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 24, 2015
- DAY 49 - Thursday 18th June – Aniane to Montpellier toAniane isn't a place to visit, it's just a place to rest our head on route so therefore we are up and quickly heading towards Montpellier. Here we encounter the usual struggles when entering a large town or city...yep a Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Jun 24, 2015