- Out and About in NancySince I stretched myself so much the previous day, I took a rest on Wednesday. Now that I have conquered the town supermarkets, it's easy enough to accomplish a quick shop so I now consider that part of a slow Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 3, 2016
- Day 36 Prague to Paris (by plane)
Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 2, 2016
- Paris Day 3 - 4Dear Readers
Hope all is well with you all
So our adventures started with doing our Laundry. Who'da thunk it to travel all this way to do washing. But has to be done. So off to the Lavarie we go. On arrival, Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 2, 2016
- First day in ParisWell I have managed to get through my first day in Paris. I used the RER train to get from the airport into Paris and then throughout the day and night used the metro 8 Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 2, 2016
- Taking photos like a professional ;-) Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 2, 2016
- Viva Le FranceWe caught our 2 km taxi for $20 are happy to be leaving Tanger.
Upon entering the Airport, through two security checks just to get in the front door (which was painless and not a bad idea) the check in Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Sep 1, 2016
- Day 2 - 3Hello all
We picked up our tickets for the Hop on Hop off bus Tuesday morning. Got taken to this very deserted street off the main roads of Paris and the driver was out of there like a shot!!! Kinda made Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Aug 31, 2016
- My New JobSo, today is my big day, starting a new job, albeit a volunteer one, and with no Myriam in sight. She's my security blanket while in France, but today I have to go it alone. Given that I am going Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 31, 2016
- BloodlettingToday, I awoke early. (I now consider 8:30 early; gosh, I've got to get a job!) Since I had a full day planned, it was necessary to get on the move at a decent hour. I needed to get my Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 31, 2016
- ParisSo dear readers
We've survived the nearly 20hrs of travel getting here.
I did put a couple of posts up on Facebook, so sorry to those who don't have FB access.
So we managed to get through OK without too many Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Aug 29, 2016
- Typical SundayToday was another 'home' day; for the kids, this meant relaxing with friends, although I know Marine has started to review her school notes from last year in preparation for another tough year ahead; for Myriam, it meant another day Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 29, 2016
- Why am I Here?Today was a difficult day, largely because the heat has drained incentive from me; consequently, I haven't been outside lately and am feeling the doldrums come upon me. To distract myself, Al Pacino and I shared a movie (he acting Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 28, 2016
- Leaving FranceTotal # of Nights: 24
Total # of Stops: 6 - Paris, Beaune, Lyon, Sablet, Avignon, Carcassone
Expenses for France: US$3,800 (about $160/day, so $10/day over our not-so-strict budget)
-Food, Entertainment (Museums), and Local Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 27, 2016
- The last leg- back through FranceStopped on the river Ain for one night
Then went to a spacious campsite in the countryside near Moulins.
Enjoyed the super hot weather, walking in the countr Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 27, 2016
- The Good DoctorThe other day, when walking, I came across a medical laboratory in town. Ah, now that's handy, I thought, as I need to get a regular monthly blood test. When mentioning what I had discovered on my walk that day Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 27, 2016
- Oh so Nice!After leaving Italy we headed into France to the city of Nice. While we were very excited to see the city which my aunty and cousin have raved about, we were also a little sad because we knew that this Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Aug 26, 2016
- More CarcassoneWe let ourselves sleep in until 8:30, and has a leisurely breakfast at home with Stephen's masterful pour over coffee. Well-rested and well-fed, we walked to the medieval city to explore a bit. We'd sort of seen already seen most Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 26, 2016
- Smelling GoodFrance has been in the midst of a canicule (heat wave), with record-breaking August heat. It's nothing like the summer of 2003, when almost 15,000 people died, but there are media warnings fairly often. I knew it was going to Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 26, 2016
- CarcassoneWe have changed location from Avignon to Carcassone by way of 2 trains. We had no difficulties with the logistics, and arrived in Carcassone around 11:30. We had a longish walk from the train station, which in a way helped Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 25, 2016
- A Potential Place for the Bénévole (Volunteer)The day began with a very warm walk, this time in a different direction than before. I wound my way through the various streets, taking careful note of the names not because I would be lost without them but because Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 25, 2016
- Pont du GardIf you like outdoor recreation and ever find yourself in Provence, you owe it to yourself to kayak on the Gardon River and float under the Pont Du Gard!
Since we don't h Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 24, 2016
- Baking French-styleWhile Myriam cooked a magnificent ratatouille (adding ground beef to satisfy Marine's love of meat), I elected to walk to a local store. Although a medium size, Myriam warned me it didn't have much selection. However, it provided me with Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 24, 2016
- NîmesWe had a very rewarding day trip to Nîmes today!
We had breakfast with the monolingual French-speaking grandmother (our host's mom), and despite our limited language abilities we were able to communicate our plans for the day and even have Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 23, 2016
- Papal Palace in AvignonWe snoozed through Sablet's clock tower, sounding the arrival of 7 o clock, then 7:30, and we finally got up at 8. Stephen prepared coffee, and we had our last country breakfast in the garden. Joelle prepared breakfast pastry cups Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 23, 2016
- Why is it Always about Food?!Given Sunday night's supper, I swore I wouldn't eat breakfast; however, when I saw the fresh croissant with chocolate just sitting there and Thierry indicating it was for me, well, ....
Myriam showed me how to work the TV today. I Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 23, 2016