- Bus EtiquetteWednesday saw me on the morning bus bound for Emmaus once again. This time the driver was a young man, with earbuds firmly planted in his ears, who was still able to provide a quick 'Bonjour.' Things are looking Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 10, 2016
- MarseilleI have been exploring Marseille a little. First the Old Port (which is pretty modern!) and then one of the older parts of town, the Panier. This area is having a resurgence and is becoming very arty now.
Oh, Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 9, 2016
- RandonnéeAs Tuesday dawned bright and sunny once again, I decided a 'randonnée' was in order. The family had been talking about Nico showing me the Plateau de Ludres; however, Nico has gone and sprained a ligament in his foot Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 8, 2016
- Languedoc outward bound: AlbiOur next destination in France was Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, a tiny village two hours to the north of Toulouse in the Causses du Quercy Natural Park with a reputation as one of the most beautiful towns in the region. We parked at Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Sep 8, 2016
- MarseilleI took the fast train to Marsaille.
The first two photographs are views from St Charles Train Station. 27 degrees but seemed way hotter. So hot I needed to buy a hat (now I must look the real French gentleman, as Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 8, 2016
- And We Are Off....Well we could not sleep so we were up and at it at 4:30am, so decided to set off for Ashford early, due to the M20 being closed for repairs to the bridge where the lorry had bought it down. Posted by Jansie in Here We Go Again | Sep 8, 2016
- The French ArmageddonThe last couple of days haven't really been too notable. Myriam did celebrate a birthday on the weekend and I was surprised to find that they have the same habits we do; they decorated her gluten-free chocolate cake with these Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 7, 2016
- Les AnderlysDear Readers
Yesterday we went to the Somme Battlefields and saw first hand a minute glimpse what our diggers had to endure. All because some Prussian King did't like things the way they were with regard to territory. I'm sure there Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 7, 2016
- Last day in Paris Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 6, 2016
- Missing YouThe word 'manquer' provides an interesting lesson in French. In English, when we miss someone, we say "I miss you" but in French, the proper form for such a sentiment is 'Tu me manques,' which actually suggests the opposite to Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 6, 2016
- Normandy travelDear readers
Sorry for the no show for a couple of days
Been really flat out travelling, eating, drinking and generally having a great time.
The first morning of this trip, we went to this beautiful Chateau. Filled with all sorts of antiques Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 4, 2016
- Notre damWell, visiting Notre Dam was definitely on my to- do list! I just wanted to get up close to those gargoyles!!!
The only problem was, to do so I had to climb 387 steps.... Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- Sainte Chapelle I visited Sainte Chapelle, a gothic church built in 1248! Although a lot of it has been rebuilt following the French Revolution, but 70% of the glass is original. A building couldn't be more different inside than out. I loved Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- my visit to the Louvre
well, I thought you can't come to Paris, and not see the Louvre, so I went along on Friday evening, to be honest, not expecting a lot. Virtually everybody says they were Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- Emmaus Part TwoHopping on the bus at the requisite hour of 9:30, I settled in for the 25 minute ride to Emmaus but soon became distracted by a very interesting article on French negation (I kid you not). Fortunately, I looked up Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 4, 2016
- DAY 38 PARISSLEPT IN AFTER LATE NIGHT. HEADED OF TO THE LOUVE WHERE I SAW REMBRANDTS, DELACROIX, TURNER, CONSTABLE, GAINSBOROUGH AND MONA WAS THERE WITH ALL HER FRIENDS. THERE IS THIS RING AROUND HER AND I REALLY DONT THINK THEY ARE IONTERESTED Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 4, 2016
- Day 37 ParisWe walked to the Eiffel Tower this morning and did a tour of the tower. We went right to the top, the very top. You have to take two different lifts. Thought Bron might pull out half way but she Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 4, 2016
- Out and About in NancySince I stretched myself so much the previous day, I took a rest on Wednesday. Now that I have conquered the town supermarkets, it's easy enough to accomplish a quick shop so I now consider that part of a slow Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 3, 2016
- Day 36 Prague to Paris (by plane)
Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 2, 2016
- Paris Day 3 - 4Dear Readers
Hope all is well with you all
So our adventures started with doing our Laundry. Who'da thunk it to travel all this way to do washing. But has to be done. So off to the Lavarie we go. On arrival, Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 2, 2016
- First day in ParisWell I have managed to get through my first day in Paris. I used the RER train to get from the airport into Paris and then throughout the day and night used the metro 8 Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 2, 2016
- Taking photos like a professional ;-) Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 2, 2016
- Viva Le FranceWe caught our 2 km taxi for $20 are happy to be leaving Tanger.
Upon entering the Airport, through two security checks just to get in the front door (which was painless and not a bad idea) the check in Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Sep 1, 2016
- Day 2 - 3Hello all
We picked up our tickets for the Hop on Hop off bus Tuesday morning. Got taken to this very deserted street off the main roads of Paris and the driver was out of there like a shot!!! Kinda made Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Aug 31, 2016
- My New JobSo, today is my big day, starting a new job, albeit a volunteer one, and with no Myriam in sight. She's my security blanket while in France, but today I have to go it alone. Given that I am going Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 31, 2016