- The cave at Lascaux II, near MontignacWe began our day awakened by the sounds of doves, voices in the fields, and hay tractors going by outside our window. Les Rosiers is a part of a stone house from the 1300's. It was an old Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Day 31More relaxed day today. Slept in then went to the nearby bakery to pick up breakfast of French Pastries and coffee. Not the healthiest of breakfasts but delicious.
After breakfast we went to explore Dijon. What a charming city. With just Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 10, 2015
- Avignon > The Papal CityGot up bright and early feeling only ok as Friday night in the Old Town is kinda loud, especially with a Cuban bar/resto directly in front of the flat, the final drunks rolling down the street at about 3:30 AM Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 10, 2015
- Day 30I was a little confused yesterday, maybe it was the wine. I thought we were to spend another night in Saint-Ambreuil because at dinner last night Oliver and Monique were talking about our meal tomorrow. I thought they were planning Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 10, 2015
- Tunnels and Big BridgesWell travelled today down past Annecy to St Jorioz, where we are stopping on a campsite for the next four days. All this unpack and packing up is having a toll on patients.... if you know what I mean. The Posted by Jansie in The Big Road Trip in Molly | Sep 9, 2015
- Les Rosiers B & B, near the village of Montignac,In PerigordDid no one wish us luck? The GPS gods were against us again! Despite having it in the car, using active Google maps on an IPad and having a good old fashioned paper map as back Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 9, 2015
- Day 29The day started with a quick look at the Sainte Maxime waterfront which was very nice, smaller and less glamourous than Nice but very French. Then we made an attempt to visit Saint-Tropez but the traffic was terrible and in Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 9, 2015
- Bourgogne........wine, wine , wineGot up from an almost ok sleep.....still lagging a bit and had breakie with our hostess who had just finished serving breakfast to her crew who were off to start the first day of the wine harvest...le vendages. The gite Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 8, 2015
- last day in Paris
We had a slow start to the morning because we could and then we decided to walk the Champs Èlysèes I have to say it was not as I remember it. There used to be a mix of places to Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 8, 2015
- queens for a dayToday we decided to go to the palace of Versailles. We went with the company fat bike tours so as you can guess from the name we were going to be riding bikes.
We had to travel something like 22 Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 8, 2015
- Our Day on the D Day BeachesWe had a very full day with our tour guide Colin McGarry. We visited all the usual points of interest but with his stories, maps, and pictures it came alive for us. Some of the most interesting and Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 8, 2015
- Day 27 & 28Well a lot has happened in the last two days. On Sunday we left the ship in Venice and flew to Nice where we were met by our friend Vianney. That afternoon we took a look at Nice which was Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 7, 2015
- .........Fontainbleu to La RochepotGot up bright and early......although we had already been up several times.....jet lag is such great fun! Our hosts had breakfast ready including a slideshow showcasing various local attractions.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727697/P1020353 Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 7, 2015
- Driving the back roads to Normandy.Today we expected a 3 1/2 hour drive to Normandy to our home for visits to the D day Beaches. What you expect and what you get are two different things, but we loved our detours! Until the Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 7, 2015
- Heading South and the sun is outWe headed south towards Dijon today... long motorway journey. Got me thinking about Kirsty and her new job and if she was OK. Plus the lovely text James (son in law) sent me prior to us leaving. It made me Posted by Jansie in The Big Road Trip in Molly | Sep 7, 2015
- Here We Go Again.....Got to the airport allegedly way early.....but upon checking noticed that our flight to Toronto was going to be delayed....leaving about 30 minutes to make the connection to Paris. Air Canada said it should be no problem (although when booking Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 3, 2015
- Our last night in ParisFor our last night In Paris we thought we better dress up a little and threw on our heels. Very tricky navigating the cobblestone streets this way, so we found a lovely little place just around the corner-Le Cavalier Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 6, 2015
- OOOlala....Well the morning has arrived... Poppy was sat on guard by the door just in case we went without her.... as if Graham would do that. Me he could forget.. but the dog NEVER. We travelled down to Folkestone Posted by Jansie in The Big Road Trip in Molly | Sep 6, 2015
- ParisWeather today was overcast and cool. Since arriving in Paris, I have worn a jacket for the first time since arriving in London a month ago.
I was concerned that we wouldn't have time to see much of Paris today, and Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 6, 2015
- Chapter 15The rain continued but we were more determined to continue sightseeing. We started by climbing the steps up to Sacre Coeur. We were accosted by men trying to “sell” bracelets and Ariel saved Kevin from their grasps. Up at the Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Sep 6, 2015
- Chapter 14What a crazy morning. We slept through our alarms and Mo woke us up still in time to catch our reserved train to Paris. However, after running to the train station there were further details on our line which meant Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Sep 6, 2015
- Walkabout in ParisYesterday was a very mentally exhausting day. We had a little sleep in and then Naomi face timed Janelle to let her know what we had found. Thanks to our great guide and the company I think we got a Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 6, 2015
- Paris, we love you more today...As promised, this blog entry will be much shorter! If you read yesterday's, you'll know what we mean. After compiling in the wee hours of the night, this morning's re-read prompted some revisions : ). More pictures and a little Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Sep 6, 2015
- Oh! the Fragrant Sewers of ParisIt was a little bit cloudy today so we wandered our way along the Seine, enjoying the Saturday crowds. Where did we find ourselves? Right outside the Sewer Tour! Bob is one determined guy when it comes Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 5, 2015
- Stories Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Sep 4, 2015