- THINGS THAT DON’T SOUND ANY BETTER IN FRENCH I wasn’t really planning to post today but I did find a few amusing things to share on my after work walk today.
In reality, work trips are not all that glamourous. I did leave the hotel at Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Dec 16, 2014
- The Charming MarseilleMarseille is yet another one of those places that's reputation isn't that grand. It's a port town that is renowned as a melting pot of ethnicities and unfortunately has a high unemployment rate. This means high crime and poverty to Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 16, 2014
- One week in ParisParis is quintessential. The Eiffel Tower decorates people's bedroom walls, teenage girls envisage themselves in berets with red lipstick, fashionistas dream of the Champs d'Elysee. People pin their ingrained hope for beauty, for romance on the idea of Pa Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Dec 15, 2014
- JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICEBonjour mes amis
I think it goes without saying that sometimes my job is really great. Not only because it occasionally brings me to beautiful places in foreign countries but also because it allows an aviation geek like me to have Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Dec 15, 2014
- A month in FranceI didn't really know how long I would spend in France as I drove through on my way to Spain. The weather was hit and miss but as I got further south the weather seemed to get better until I Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Dec 15, 2014
- Paris and Maastricht (sort of)Good evening everyone,
Saturday morning in Paris arrived and the weather hadn’t improved—still cool and rainy. We packed up our bags, ate breakfast and emptied our rooms (left our luggage in a locked room) before 8:00 this morning in preparation for Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 13, 2014
- ParisIt has been quite a couple of days. Everyone seemed to deal with the school bus cancellations well and the bus ride to Montreal was without incident, arriving in Montreal shortly before 4:00. It took quite a while to get Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 12, 2014
- Victory is a delicious thing!!!A big part of the Christmas tradition in France, and throughout Europe, is local Christmas Markets (I’ve already posted a little bit about the one here in Besançon). Last weekend, the international group organized a trip to Lyon to Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Dec 12, 2014
- Paris finaleOK, just a few cool things to wrap up a most excellent 10 days (!) In Paris.
First a note about lily gilding. I did happen by chance to wander over to the Champs Elysees in the evening when I Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 9, 2014
- More snapshots of ParisMy French expat friend Evelyn gave me an extensive list of must-do's in Paris and this entry is largely in honor of her success in laying out some great recommendations.
First, I went down to the Jardin des Plantes in Paris.
But Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 7, 2014
- Snapshots of ParisThis is going to be a bit of a hodgepodge (is that one word or two-or is it even a word?). I am going to violate chronology a bit as well, probably. Suffice it to say that Paris Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 5, 2014
- Paris[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/BB1F9077E982A8DBFA3645E098971D0E.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Dec 3, 2014
Now we are only one and a half hours away from Paris ( Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Dec 3, 2014
- International Thanksgiving and more!Obviously, last week was Thanksgiving in the US (I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and was able to spend some time with family!). I have always loved Thanksgiving for precisely that reason – it’s a day where Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Dec 2, 2014
- Louis Vuitton Museum - what all those handbags can buyYes, the infinite variety of the global microbiome finally caught up with me and I have a cold. It has slowed me down a bit both with sightseeing and with blogging, but I'll put this one up because it's Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 2, 2014
- Paris, Pompidu and circumstanceHeaded into the center of Paris for the first time. My first reaction is - it looks exactly like Paris. It is such a photographed city that it is hard not to come with a preconception of the Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 30, 2014
- ParisHad an early morning flight from Athens to Paris (economy class - oh, the horror!) and then negotiated the train and met with my host in Paris, Jean Jay. Settled into the apartment and did a bit of blogging, Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 30, 2014
- It Was All About Beating The Rain - NiceWe arrived in Nice after crossing the border from Italy. It was the first time we had seen police board the train and remove people trying to sneak into another EU country. (Apparently this happens a lot as Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 30, 2014
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...Well, the Christmas season is officially in full swing here! At the beginning of November, they started setting up the Christmas market in the biggest square downtown, the Place de la Révolution. It opened this week, so [i]of Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Nov 25, 2014
- Last Day in ParisWe had an extremely busy last day in Paris. We wanted to wake up early, but both of us were completely exhausted from our long day yesterday. We finally got up and started our day around 11:00. Our first task Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Nov 20, 2014
- Chateau Burnand[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/CCA5B43997405D05AA52E20C3E11EDCD.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Nov 20, 2014
- Chilly Day in ParisWe had an early and chilly start to our day this morning. We started off waking up to grey skies and 37 degree weather. We made some hot coffee right away and I started cooking some bacon and rice for Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Nov 19, 2014
- St Gengoux ??
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/AED3B566BEA2568344474CD85F15736C Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Nov 19, 2014
- Disneyland Paris!We woke up before sunrise again. We had an early morning preparing for a long and exciting day at Disneyland Paris! I started making some strong coffee right away, then got some rice and bacon cooking for breakfast. Once that Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Nov 18, 2014
- Day 164 - to ParisMichelle and Daniel came to say goodbye at 10am. We gestured and spoke a little of each other's languages and shared a lot of smiles. They are kindly going to keep/dispose of all the items we won't bring back with Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Nov 18, 2014