- Ahhh Provence!Again with the getting lost!!!!
This time it was in the tiny little one way streets of the old part (inside the ramparts) of Avignon. That's where we were staying but could we find a place to even pull up Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- C'est France:We we picked up a car again in Chambery outside of Lyon with the intention of getting reacquainted with the other side of the road before hitting the by large city of Lyon. As usual despite, or perhaps because Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- If its Friday, its Amsterdam We have been working our way round more European cites and I recommend you avoid Leige which is just a grey mean looking city even with the sun shining. We were there because Jamie was meeting up with some Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Oct 1, 2013
- Day 22 - Carcassonne and SurroundsCarcassonne dwarfed any of the previous medieval structures that we had seen. This truly was an immaculately preserved walled city and castle, built and continuously added to since Roman times. It even had inner and outer walls. Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 30, 2013
- Day 21 - On to CarcassonneIt was time to leave Provence, but first we had a stop in Orange to see the impressive Roman theatre there. It is only one of three still surviving with its enormous stage wall intact, and performances are still Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 30, 2013
- Baudeun to Tourtour (and following rest day)Sunday and bad weather is predicted. Our friendly waiter makes wonderful mimes about being blown away. It did not look too bad at breakfast but the tone of the other two couples who were riding was a little subdued. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 30, 2013
- Day 20 - Hilltop Village TourWe set ourselves for a bit of a touring day, and headed a bit further afield. First stop was Fontaine de Vaucluse. This is meant to be at its most spectacular after heavy rains when water gushes out Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 30, 2013
- Day 19 - Segurat and the DentellesAfter quite a bit of driving we opted for a quieter day exploring our vicinity. Nikki and I went to visit the winery of our host in the morning while the kids took it easy. We were gifted Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 30, 2013
- Day 5 - WE GOT A PRIZE! Dear Reader,
I have deliberately skipped Day 4 as will add at the end to get the photos in....they won us a prize...TEAM WHO SHOWED BEST SPIRIT OF THE COUPE DES COLS. Now you are on tenter hooks aren't you!
So onto Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Sep 30, 2013
- 130601: 7. First dinner in Paris===First Dinner in Paris===
We hadn't selected a place for dinner ahead of time, so LB asked the manager of our hotel for a recommendation. His referral was to a place called Le Latin, located in the Quartier Latin (of course). Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 30, 2013
- Chamonix et l'Aiguille du MidiYesterday we had the chance to visit the mountains of Chamonix-Mont-Blanc. On the way we stopped off in Annecy which is a beautiful little town and I really appreciated being able to see it in the sunlight as when Posted by emilylampard in The Alps and Onwards | Sep 29, 2013
- Royals, Renaissance and Remarkable Residences 25th September 2013
We start today with an optional visit to Leonadro Da Vinci's house in Amboise, Chateau du Clos Luce. Leonardo spent his last three years there. It was built in 1471 under King Louis XI and was a summer Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 29, 2013
- Bauduen Rest DayOur rest day on Saturday was spent in a rest and recovery mode. A beautiful day, sunny, warm and inviting. This part of France is very dry and the soil is red in colour and it has a Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 29, 2013
- Saints and Chardonnay 24th September 2013
Today I woke and immediately knew i wanted to photograph the Mont St Michel abbey. It was still dark and I stepped onto the balcony to see what it would be like. There she was to the right, Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 28, 2013
- 130601: 6. First day in Paris - Seine cruise, 5 of 5Map
Here's a map of the last leg of the cruise, from the Pont Charles-de-Gaulle to the Pont Tolbiac.
From this point on, most of the architecture was on the moder Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 29, 2013
- Sacrifice on sandy beaches23rd September 2013
Never have I felt so grateful for my freedom than after a visit to the DDay beaches and the Normandy American Cemetery. The Australians were not fighting at these particular beaches but you certainly get the feeling after Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 28, 2013
- Ponteves to BauduenFriday and our next 39km bicycle ride. We set off first at about 9:15am with enthusiasm and optimism about reaching our desination. Things went beautifully and we managed our first gradual ascent of some 4km. Some walking Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 28, 2013
- 130601: 5. First day in Paris - Seine cruise, 4 of 5Map
Here's a map of the next part of our journey, from Ȋle St. Louis to Pont Charles-de-Gaulle.
After we passed Notre Dame, we went under the [[http://en.wikipe Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 28, 2013
- Canoe trip down the Dordogne - Souillac to Beynac
remember above map we are travelling along the river
Sunday 22nd Sept 13 (day 22)
Our only objective today was to find a shop that sold camping gaz as we were on our last cartrid Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Sep 27, 2013
- An Eiffel of Colourful Ports22nd September 2013
Breakfast at Movenpick was very good this morning. The room was nice and bright and the variety was great. We got up at 620am to pack our cases. The next few days are going to be quite Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 27, 2013
- Bridges, Arcs and the Seine21st September 2013
For our final day with this group we had a nice breakfast at Mercure an then boarded our coach for the last time. We were all going for a guided tour of Paris. Christina met us in town Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 27, 2013
- Nothing Much But Driving....20th September 2013
Today was a very early start at 600am. We travelled to Paris without many stops at all. We had a stop for rest rooms twice and a stop for lunch at an Auto Grill. It was very confusing Posted by JenMF in J.E.D's OS Jaunt | Sep 27, 2013
- 130601: 4. First day in Paris - Seine cruise, 3 of 5Map
Here's a map of the next part of our journey, from the Pont des Arts to Pont St. Louis.
After passing the Pont des Arts, we approached [[http://en.wikipedia.o Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 27, 2013
- 130601: 3. First day in Paris - Seine cruise, 2 of 5Map
Here's a map of the next leg of the cruise, from the Pont Alexandre III to the Pont des Arts.
After the Pont Alexandre III, there wasn't much to see until we Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 27, 2013
- 130601: 2. First day in Paris - Seine cruise, 1 of 5===Seine River cruise===
We already had tickets for the Bateaux Parisiens as part of a package I'd bought online, so were able to bypass the ticket line. We still had to get in line to board, but it moved quickly.
[i]Sacre Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 27, 2013