- StrasbourgStrasbourg is the capital and principal city of the Alsace region. As it lies on the border with Germany, the German and French cultural influences are very evident. It is also the seat of several European institutions, Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 12, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Prancūzo problema? Ne, niekada.
Vaikštinėjom Ajaccio senamiestyje abu su Lolita, kai kitoje įlankos pusėje pradėjo lyti su visais griaustiniais. Vėjas link miesto, aišku kad liūtis judės lin Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 11, 2015
- The local villages ...There are many lovely villages to explore .. many of them define themselves as 'the most picturesque town in Alsace'. Indeed, they are all picturesque with beautiful colourful old buildings adorned with magnificent splashes of vibrate Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 11, 2015
- Meandering around Britany This morning we did a couple of loads of washing. Managing to get the clothes washed despite the French instructions on the machines. It was warm enough to hang the washing on the clothes rack outside. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 10, 2015
- A day trip to Saint MaloOne trip we had been really looking forward to was our trip to the walled city of Saint Malo. It was not far from our Love Home Swap. We managed to find a park after a couple of Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 9, 2015
- Saint Michel, FranceIt was about 3/4 hour drive here. They really have sorted this place out. Lots of parking in parking paying areas. You then walk along and find a new visitors Centre, clean toilets and cash point machines. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 9, 2015
- The Day It All Began
6am, up and almost ready to go. Dragged myself to the shower and down to breakfast. Probably the worst breakfast ever, it was too early to eat and I was trying not to cry- this is the last breakfast with Posted by helenagrace in Excuse my French | Jan 19, 2014
- Dinan, Brittany, FranceThe ancient town of Dinan sits majestically up above the Rance river. Dinan's hefty ramparts and it's half timbered houses and cobbled streets make this into Brittany's best medieval town Centre. You can still walk along some of Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 7, 2015
- Dinard, Brittany, FranceDinard was not far from our house swap. We headed there for the day to explore and check out the ferry to Saint Malo. We managed to find a park close to the beach. Dinard has a Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 7, 2015
- BrittanyOur Love Home Swap was in the village of Le Minihic Sur Rance, Brittany. This was 15 minutes from the train station. We explored our local village which had a school, church, two restaurants a general store and a Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 6, 2015
- Château du Haut-KœnigsbourgChâteau du Haut-Kœnigsbourg is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the area attracting more than 500,000 visitors each year.
We decided to take a guided tour to learn and understand more of the history and significance Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 6, 2015
- Bouchemaine - Sable-sur-Sarthe - DieppeEven though it would be a fleeting visit we were desperate to see at least some of the Loire before crossing back into England. We pulled into Bouchemaine on the Maine river while dark but were able to explore this Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 14, 2014
There is not too much to say about Avignon as we didn’t do a thing except go to the supermarket a couple of times, and have a quick wander around. On the plus side we are both feeling better now.
Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 4, 2015
- Chateau Haut-AndlauAndlau has not one, but two, medieval castles protecting it ... Chateau Haut-Andlau, and Château de Spesbourg. We decided to take an enjoyable, relaxed walk through the forest to visit Chateau Haut-Andlau.
At 451m, the Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 3, 2015
- Paris to Saint Malo by trainIt was up early, just as well we had made our way down to the hotel foyer as the taxi was 20 minutes early. We got delivered to a different station from what we had arrived. We found Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 3, 2015
- Nice second time roundIt was time to leave Milan thankfully and we were heading back to Nice for round 2. Our driver today was Edgar and our guide was Ben. Now Ben has a reputation for being very funny and a bit odd, Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 3, 2015
- La RochelleOur journey from Bordeaux to La Rochelle was broken up by an impromtu stay in Soubise, a small town on La Charente River, just south of La Rochelle.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 14, 2014
- Bordeaux! Our drive into Bordeaux, though on the motorway (E72), rewarded us with glorious views of a landscape that varied hugely from those that we had seen before. We felt so lucky to be experiencing this area at this time of Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 11, 2014
- Paris on a Sunday We headed for the metro in the late morning. This was entertaining in itself. There were 3 musicians that ride the trains for tips sitting in a row. Across the other side a young man came forward Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 2, 2015
- Versailles, France After visiting Monet's Garden and having a delicious lunch in an amazing spot we headed to Versailles. This Palace is striking from the first minute you see it. The beautiful gates and security fences are a feature themselves. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 2, 2015
- Monets Garden and houseWe arose bright and early to catch the 12 train to Centro. When we arrived had time for a coffee and croissants at the next door cafe. A little crazy at tourism central. Buses heading off in all directions, Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 2, 2015
- Abbey church of Saint Peter and Saint PaulThe abbey was founded in 880 by Ste. Richarde, Empress and wife of Charles the Fat, grandson of Charlemagne. There are many stories about her life. Apparently the legend states that, despite being a virtuous wife, over Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 2, 2015
- Arles to Castelsarrasin We managed to make some pretty good headway last night, travelling three hours from St Tropez to Arles. We chose this place after consulting our camperstop book as it sounded like a beautiful, historic old town. We arrived after midnight Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 7, 2014
- Cote D'Azur! Monaco, Mandelieu, Cannes and St TropezThe drive into Monaco was an impressive one, not just for the gorgeous views but also for the HUGE and luxurious super yachts.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/685126/large_IMG_341 Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 6, 2014
- Venice to Volpedo to SospelAfter the excitement of our day in Venice we decided to get some pizza at the campsite, get the boys ready for bed, and drive a decent leg toward France while they were asleep. We drove until 12:30am and pulled Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 3, 2014