- Day 19 - train to Lourdes ( the holy healing place) Well it was a really nice train ride -- we felt it was fast. When we arrived in Lourdes we found out that there was a pilgrimage in town ( funny to say that...like it's the "circus is Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 4, 2014
- Day 120 - to Cote d'AzurWe woke up to blue skies and hot sun with traffic humming 11 stories below. The views from the balcony were stunning, the sea deep blue stretching out to the horizon. Having to be out of the apartment by 11am Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 3, 2014
- Day 119 - Meren's BirthdayMeren’s favourite day in Europe – her 11th birthday!
And it was a great day for all of us. As is our tradition, everyone piled on our bed when they were awake (after the girls woke the boys!) for Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 3, 2014
- Normandy & D-Day BeachesTo cap off our Paris visit, we all decided to rent a car and head to the northern coast of France. We really felt it necessary to visit some of the important sights related to the Allied D-day Invasion. Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Oct 3, 2014
- Final observations from FranceStaying in France for 5 weeks has taught me many things, including what to say in French when someone sneezes (À tes souhaits, in case you were wondering!).
In no particular order:
I will never tire of seeing someone walking or Posted by apostrophewoman in The Festival of Alison | Oct 1, 2014
- Petite pain au chocolatBreakfast this morning was great, with fresh petite pain au chocolat (ie chocolate in croissant-like pastry) - yummy!
After breakfast, I took Zandy and Dom for a walk around the river and some forest on the edge. It was still quite Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 24, 2014
- Zandy 24-SepWe were at a campsite and we saw three cats and row dogs. The two dogs were barking, they were barking at us. The three cats were all different colours. One of the cats was black and white, and the Posted by ZandyL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 24, 2014
- Dominic 24-SepOn Sunday we went to an over night stay at our friends cousins, Clive and Liliane's house. They had a huge house and garden. Their house was 3 stories high! And their garden had 5 sets of stairs! Clive and Posted by DominicL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 24, 2014
- Life is more interesting when you don't understand it 100% !Well, I have passed yet another few exciting days of existence! Honestly; I think this week wins, and it’s only Tuesday!
Starting with the relatively mundane, I have purchased the train tickets for my first weekend trip – Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 30, 2014
- Tigers at ThoiryLots of animals at the Thoiry Park Zoologique
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 13 - Mont Saint-Michael [center]Holly Castle Batman![/center]
I think these pictures will speak for themselves. Mont Saint-Michel is surrounded by water once the tide comes in! Plus it's built on rock which is visible as you walk along the passage ways.
[img=http://ph Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 13 - Canadian Cemetery This was a very humbling experience to see 2000 headstones - knowing that everyone of these men died from my freedom. These men ( boys some of them) were from all parts of Canada...in particular...Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 13 - Juno Beach ~~ Normandy[center]CAR DAY ~~~ WEEEEEE! We are trying not to hate our backpacks so early in the trip. ;o)[/center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20140928_103153.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/thumb_20140928_103153.jp Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 14 - MaxRelax - Le MansWe got into Le Mans very late last night after getting lost.....oh...we were using a GPS!!! haha So when we woke up the morning and it was overcast we decided very quickly that this would be a regroup day. Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 29, 2014
- La TeuliereThere have been so many aspects of this trip that I've looked forward to: learning French in Paris; visiting Brugge; having special people to share the adventure with. Staying at La Grange in the tiny hamlet of La Teuliere Posted by apostrophewoman in The Festival of Alison | Sep 29, 2014
- Day 14: ParisThis was our last day in Paris before we headed to Berlin, so the early part of the morning was a bit of the usual hectic repacking and checking out of the hotel.
After stashing our luggage in a locker at Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 13: ParisWe got on the train to Disneyland in Paris feeling a wee bit out of place, as most of the other people headed that way were families with young kids. Their excitement was quite contagious and we found ourselves eager Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 28, 2014
- The big catch up
Many apologies for not posting over the last couple of days - but access to the internet hasn't been easy and each campsite requests payment by the hour or by the 24 hour period.
24 se Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 27, 2014
- Chartres CathedralThis is one of the famous stained glass windows, many of which date back to the 1300s.
About half the cathedral had been cleaned and refurbished, and it looked spectacular. In the parts not done yet, you could really see the Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 27, 2014
- Day - 10 Last Day in Paris ~ LouvreThis museum deserves more than a few hours. You can't even see everything in a few days. Of course the Mona Lisa was the HIGHLIGHT
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20140926_205028.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/t Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 26, 2014
- Day 10 - Last day in Paris ~Pere Lachaise Cemetery Here is what I saw today
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20140926_140037.jpg Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 26, 2014
- Day 10 - Last day in Paris ~ Jim and Oscar Steven and I we're sure if we really wanted to spend a lot of time here but Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 26, 2014
- Day 11 - Last day in Paris[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/Pompidou.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693 Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 12: ParisHello! I am slowly getting caught up, was supposed to do so in Berlin but caught an icky head cold there and so didn't really feel like blogging. Will get there!
So, day 12:
After grabbing some very nice pastries from a Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 11: London/ParisAs usual we had our last minute mad rush to get packed up and checked out before check-out time, so we could head off to the train station to catch the Eurostar.
Insid Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 27, 2014