- On a lovely stretch of canal at Capestang The morning was delightful, just a gentle cruise under the very blue, cloudless sky without a lock or surly lockkeeper in sight. Brian got up early and beat Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- 4 Countries in one dayLeisurely get ready and breakfast at the hotel, all packed up and heading south by 10 am. Used the E25 through Eindhoven and on to Maastericht and Liege. Netherlands (1) into Belgium (2).
After a fuel stop it was on Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 18, 2015
- French DiseaseWednesday night I went to sleep with a bit of a sniffle. The next morning, I had a headache, stomach ache, watery eyes, runny nose, and sore throat. I was so confused as to what this was. I could hardly Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Sep 18, 2015
- Well onto Avignon....Well yesterday we went to Avignon and it is a fab city. We walked into the city from the riverside car park and then caught a little tourist train... God was it a bone shaker..but it took us all around Posted by Jansie in The Big Road Trip in Molly | Sep 18, 2015
- Homps et RetourHaving trouble with Internet service on the canal. I have written two pages now that didn't post. I don't think the pics are getting through either so please bear with me.
We reached Homps after a gentle trip Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- ParisUp early for the drive to the airport.
When I retirned the hire car, I had traveled exactly 700k and used 37 litres of diesel.
Much of the day spent traveling to Paris.
Found the AirBNB apartment in the 3rd arrondissement & joined Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- Collioure and the Costa BravaSaturday morning was nice although windy contrary to what the host had predicted.....we spent the day touring around the beach areas and townsite:
Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- A Grand Bateau on a Beau CanalWent to bed tired but happy last night, too tired to blog. We cast off from our mooring amoung the tall trees lining the canal right into our first lock of the day. That would be our fourth Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- A Religious day featuring an Abbey, a Priory & a Beach TownWe got up bright and early to gather up our stuff, had an excellent breakfast (best of the trip)
..............and went out to face a beautifull morning. First stop is a short drive aw Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 15, 2015
- Setting Off on the Canal du MidiWe have adopted our new Google voice- she is kinder, clearer and cleverer! Even the castle did not confuse her and we reached Narbonne in record time. Spent a nice early afternoon in this city of canals and Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 14, 2015
- We are in St Remy.... nothing to do with the Brandy... ShameOur last day in Annecy was yet again a bike ride of 20k (there and back) a boat trip on the lake, (well you have to don't you....but shame the commentary was all in French) a walk around the shops. Posted by Jansie in The Big Road Trip in Molly | Sep 14, 2015
- Ditched the Voice and Found Our Way To CarcassonneWe left les Rosiers this morning and miss Jill already. It was a really comfortable stay at Les Rosiers B&B. If you plan on visiting the Neanderthal caves in this region of France, this gite is perfectly situated Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 13, 2015
- .......into the Pyrenees > Villefranche de ConflentUp and at them...good sleep, good shower modest breakfast and away we go....
Enroute the plan was to visit two Cathar castles .....as we drove through the somewhat scraggly pine forests, rocky hills and innumerable vineyards we saw a sign Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 12, 2015
- A few things
A french school meal. Multiple choices for main dish are offered as well as fruit, yogurt, mousse, pudding, three types of salad, avocado/grapefruit, and bread.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Sep 13, 2015
- Day 33We stayed in a nice hotel in Versailles last night, one that provided breakfast. Have been missing breakfast. Then we headed for Paris. It was raining today so we limited our sightseeing to what we could see driving Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 13, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Baisiai gražu.Būtent - baisiai gražu, ir baisu tiek, kad net gražu - kai tau apie stiebą ima suktis didžiuliai lėktuvai, vis taikydami nusileisti prie vandens kuo arčiau tavo laivo. Žiūr. video, bet GoPro fisheye objektyvas iškreipia perspektyvos ir atstumo jausmą. Kai Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Sep 13, 2015
- No Pique Nique on a Lazy River for UsMore of our best laid plans have been dashed! We awoke this morning to thunder, lightning and torrential rain. While the temperature is still warm, the River Vezeres didn't beckon. We opted to return to explore the Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 12, 2015
- From Avignon to PomerolsClosed up the flat ....then Annie waited for the AIR BNB person while I went to get the car .....this had to be a carefully timed manouver as there was no parking in front of the flat with the Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Last tango in Paris...We woke up very excited this morning. Our friends from Germany, Mathias and Caro were coming to visit us and take us by car on the rest of our trip. We woke up at 6am to get ready, expecting them Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Montignac to Sarlat Circle TourOur lovely host Jill sketched a day tour for us which would take us south to our scheduled visit to the Font-de-Gaume cave plus allow us to see the best sights of this region. We had just left our hamlet Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Day 32An early start in Dijon today to travel to Versailles and beat the crowds to the Palace of Versailles. We achieved that and managed to enter the Palace fairly quickly but it was still pretty crowded. The palace was a Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Its whizzing byWell we have stopped.... sort of .... We went for a bike ride into Annecy..... now from the campsite that is 10k EACH WAY.... but I made it and I walked round Annecy... with a few stops along the way. Posted by Jansie in The Big Road Trip in Molly | Sep 11, 2015
- The cave at Lascaux II, near MontignacWe began our day awakened by the sounds of doves, voices in the fields, and hay tractors going by outside our window. Les Rosiers is a part of a stone house from the 1300's. It was an old Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- Day 31More relaxed day today. Slept in then went to the nearby bakery to pick up breakfast of French Pastries and coffee. Not the healthiest of breakfasts but delicious.
After breakfast we went to explore Dijon. What a charming city. With just Posted by John McReynolds in Europe 2015 | Sep 10, 2015
- Avignon > The Papal CityGot up bright and early feeling only ok as Friday night in the Old Town is kinda loud, especially with a Cuban bar/resto directly in front of the flat, the final drunks rolling down the street at about 3:30 AM Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 10, 2015