- Day 9 - Rest day at ErdevenOur tour was called Carnac or Bust, so the intention was to go to Carnac to see the Megaliths, a few km bike ride away. However Nikki had struck up a conversation (in French of course) with the Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 8 - St Nicolas des Eaux to ErdevenThe morning ride was easy and serene along the banks of the canal.
There were many interesting things to see.
[im Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 19, 2013
- Day 7 - Gouarec to St Nicolas des EauxThe night turned out frigid - yes there was frost in the morning - quite a surprise after the weather that we'd been having. Thus we all packed extra warms into our panniers which we then would carry around Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 19, 2013
- Day 6 - Dinan to GouarecIt was time to return our car and make our way to the start of our cycling tour. Thus it was goodbye to our lovely cottage and hello to tents! We had some lunch (and some crepes) at the Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 19, 2013
- Day 5 - Mont Saint MichelWe encountered our first rainy morning as we drove an hour or so to this stunning landmark. Still, we made the walk out along the causeway to soak in the view rather than catch the shuttle.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/618128/20130906_204814 Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 19, 2013
- Paris QuatreThanks to Meike, today we went to the Musee d'Orsay which is the second most popular tourist destination in Paris, as listed in Trip Advisor. For some reason it does not list the no. 1 destination. If you Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 19, 2013
- Paris TroisA day of changed plans. Tried to go to the catacombs with lots of human remains that are buried under Paris. But long queues were just not inviting enough for us to wait two hours or so. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 18, 2013
- Paris DeuxJust photos today of Paris and some of a tiny electric car made by Renault the Twizzy.. Much easier getting around today after the weekend rush. Staff in the local Carrefour are much less friendlier than last te Perhaps, Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Paris Woke today to find a bright blue sky and really great weather. We went for a short walk in the morning before Mieke, (Jill's cousin) arrived to spend sometime with us. What did we discover? The La Parisienne Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 16, 2013
- Sarlat to Rocamadour - long, hard slog on Sofia & Fonsi
Saturday 14th Sept 13 (day 14)
We woke up at 8ish, showered got dressed in our bum pants (aka padded bike pants) had a coffee/tea then coasted down to the supermarket at about 9ish. B Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Sep 15, 2013
- Bergerac to Sarlat - easy trip on the train
Thursday 12th Sept (day 12)
It's overcast and dull today, but hopefully it will not rain. Our last day in Bergerac as this afternoon we catch a train to our next destination: Sar Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Sep 15, 2013
- 130604: Paris: Musee d'Orsay===Musée d'Orsay===
In the late morning SR and I caught the RER to the Musée d'Orsay. Because we had the Paris Pass (includes the Paris Museum Pass), we got through the line quickly and got in free. We still had to Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130602: 1. Montmartre: Place Blanche to Moulin Radet===Finding Amélie===
The heading above refers to the film Amélie, which was set in Montmartre. Today's trip to Montmartre would be partly spent looking for places that were seen in that movie, but it wasn't the main purpose of the trip.
----- Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130531: 1. Bordeaux - LeognanI woke up feeling better but still kind of sick. I managed to eat some leftovers from the day before, and then take a shower. Too bad I wasn't in the mood to eat as they had a pretty nice Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130530: 1. Bordeaux - Margaux, MédocHere are some pics of breakfast at Château Meyre:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/60 Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130529: 1. London to Paris (and on to Bordeaux)===Eurostar from London to Paris===
Today we traveled from London to Paris on the [[http://www.franceinlondon.com/media/pictures/FilUserFiles/eurostar%20st%20pancras.jpg|Eurostar]] (a high-speed train similar to the French TGV). We took the first one of Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- Paris is not PlayschoolThe journey on the Eurostar was a little underwhelming. Perhaps, we expected a little more. But it was very efficient and it all went without a hitch. A bit like flying but you have to load your Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 15, 2013
- Paris in the Rain [i]Gil: This is unbelievable! Look at this! There's no city like this in the world. There never was.
Inez: You act like you've never been here before.
Gil: I don't get here often enough, that's the problem. Can you picture how drop Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 13, 2013
- A day in Paris!Cam:
Saw the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe, and went for a boat ride on the River Seine. There was a lot of bridges. Ate frogs legs for the first time.
Our first day in Paris was exhausting / discombobulating Posted by cam-shell in Paris is just the beginning... | Sep 12, 2013
- BERGERAC - it's French
Tuesday 10th Sept 13 (day 10)
This morning we woke to sunny part blue sk Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Sep 12, 2013
- HELLO FRANCE! First stop Bergerac
Monday 9th Sept 13 (day 9)
We woke up early to a sunny day, looks like Holland is putting on a happy face for our departure. Our bags were packed thanks to a little organisation la Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Sep 12, 2013
- ElsewhereThe Eurostar and the TGV deposited us in Nancy on a grey drizzly afternoon. It is never a good thing to e deposited anywhere on a grey drizzly afternoon and it is all so FOREIGN.
However, we are acclimatising and Jamie Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Sep 9, 2013
- mamers to calaissunday: p popped to town on the scooter yesterday aft., to see if he could get the wifi sorted,
but no luck, we had to use FON (not too bad).
we were all alone at the aire last night, no Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Sep 8, 2013
- 36 Hours in Paris !If you have a short time in Paris Amazing Paris view can be in your camera with long walk Of course, morning, noon or evening walk according to get you started the route changes, it's up to Posted by TATLIGEZGIN in TatliGezgin | Sep 7, 2013
- parthenay to mamerssaturday: slept well at the aire, it was v. quiet.
one other van turned up quite late, french.
some spots of rain on the roof early on woke us up, but then we got up a bit later than normal; cloudy Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Sep 7, 2013