- Nice second time roundIt was time to leave Milan thankfully and we were heading back to Nice for round 2. Our driver today was Edgar and our guide was Ben. Now Ben has a reputation for being very funny and a bit odd, Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 3, 2015
- La RochelleOur journey from Bordeaux to La Rochelle was broken up by an impromtu stay in Soubise, a small town on La Charente River, just south of La Rochelle.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 14, 2014
- Bordeaux! Our drive into Bordeaux, though on the motorway (E72), rewarded us with glorious views of a landscape that varied hugely from those that we had seen before. We felt so lucky to be experiencing this area at this time of Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 11, 2014
- Paris on a Sunday We headed for the metro in the late morning. This was entertaining in itself. There were 3 musicians that ride the trains for tips sitting in a row. Across the other side a young man came forward Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 2, 2015
- Versailles, France After visiting Monet's Garden and having a delicious lunch in an amazing spot we headed to Versailles. This Palace is striking from the first minute you see it. The beautiful gates and security fences are a feature themselves. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 2, 2015
- Monets Garden and houseWe arose bright and early to catch the 12 train to Centro. When we arrived had time for a coffee and croissants at the next door cafe. A little crazy at tourism central. Buses heading off in all directions, Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Aug 2, 2015
- Abbey church of Saint Peter and Saint PaulThe abbey was founded in 880 by Ste. Richarde, Empress and wife of Charles the Fat, grandson of Charlemagne. There are many stories about her life. Apparently the legend states that, despite being a virtuous wife, over Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 2, 2015
- Arles to Castelsarrasin We managed to make some pretty good headway last night, travelling three hours from St Tropez to Arles. We chose this place after consulting our camperstop book as it sounded like a beautiful, historic old town. We arrived after midnight Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 7, 2014
- Cote D'Azur! Monaco, Mandelieu, Cannes and St TropezThe drive into Monaco was an impressive one, not just for the gorgeous views but also for the HUGE and luxurious super yachts.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/685126/large_IMG_341 Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 6, 2014
- Venice to Volpedo to SospelAfter the excitement of our day in Venice we decided to get some pizza at the campsite, get the boys ready for bed, and drive a decent leg toward France while they were asleep. We drove until 12:30am and pulled Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Oct 3, 2014
- First Day in ParisWe decided to head down to central Paris. It would be a long walk so headed to the closest metro station. First walked down into it then promptly walked back out as we're feeling rather overwelmed. Started Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 31, 2015
- Just a QuickieHad an exhilarating but exhausting two days riding from England to Belgium. Off now to do some sightseeing. Will post more later, just wanted to let you all know I was still alive :-) Posted by TangoBiker in Fabulous Fifty | Jul 31, 2015
- AndlauI was very much looking forward to my first visit to France, specifically Andlau (our home base for our holiday), a little village in the Alsace region which is on France's eastern border with Germany and Switzerland. Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jul 30, 2015
- Paris Final DayToday was our last full day in Paris. It started with a final run through the botanical gardens. I normally take a day off a week from running, but I haven't taken a day off since the first Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 29, 2015
- CAHOR BORDEAUX and beyond : 23 to 28th JULYAs our journey continues we have been meandering our way North through France.
And of course this journey would not be complete without a stop at Bordeaux - famous for wine.
We stopped at Bordeaux for a few days and soaked Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 29, 2015
- Paris-The Tourist SitesToday started with a very cold run through the botanical gardens, which are only a block away from our apartment. I can't believe that I was wearing cold gear underarmour, a long sleeve t-shirt and a running jacket in Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 28, 2015
- ParisToday I diverged from my normal travel plan. Normally, I plan each city doing things we want to see the most, first. Sometimes we have to work around the days things are closed, and we also look at Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 27, 2015
- Paris Well, we did arrive okay in Paris. We don't have a phone, so arranging things like taxis can be a challenge. We got a card from a cab driver exiting the train station the other day, and he Posted by Amber Garrison in The One Less Traveled By | Jul 26, 2015
- Beaujolais Wine Region[center]On the way from Paris to the ‘Contiki Chateau’ we stopped at the Fontainebleau Palace for lunch and then bused through the beautiful Burgandy wine country.
Contiki’s 16th Centruy Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Jul 26, 2015
- Paris [center]The first day of our Contiki Tour, we went to Paris! It was a long day of driving and ferrying but we were greeted with Escargo!
After dinner we had a ‘City of L Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Jul 26, 2015
- To Grandmother's House We GoSeeing as I forgot to post yesterday I thought I'd post now while we have a few hours to kill at the airport. Yesterday was out last full day in Paris. We did a bus tour of the city that Posted by ALees93 in Lees Boys European Trip | Jul 24, 2015
- Belgium and ParisWell it's been a few days and I've received a few messages about why we didn't post anything about Brussels and the truth of it is that Belgium was a huge let down. We arrived early on Saturday and we Posted by ALees93 in Lees Boys European Trip | Jul 22, 2015
- CAHOR (FRANCE) JULY 22ndSo now we have come down a little bit in the world. After a very luxurious night at the Chateau in Meyruis we had to cut the accommodation budget - here is tonights Chaterred lodgings
Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- ORANGE-MEYRUIS-CAHOR : (FRANCE) JULY 20 & 21stWe started the morning with a very pretty ride through vineyards and sweeping bends, and then through the Corniche des Cevennes
Occasionally stopping for a break and a photo of a Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Nice was nice for a nightWell we had to leave the beautiful Cinque Terre eventually. It was a sad morning as we headed back to the train station to get back to Le Spezia were the bus would pick us up from.
My chesty cold had Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 21, 2015