- Zandy update
We went swimming in a pool in somebody's house. There was flowers and grass in the garden.
The hammock was in a garden filled with rocks and leaves. I lay in the hammock and swinged a little bit. One of the Posted by ZandyL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 22, 2014
- Paris 4We went to Versailles Chateau today. We had to get a Metro and a RER train to get there. It was far away from Paris so it took us over an hour to get there. There were so many people Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 22, 2014
- An Afternoon at Château de ChambordWe had a pretty late start today. We were up late writing the post and looking at our travel itinerary, and we didn't end up getting out of bed until 11:45. I finally had the time to call Tutu to Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 22, 2014
- Internet issues and the Journey to AmiensMost accommodation places provide free WI-FI but it is not always reliable. Prior to leaving Australia we did some research on the cheapest way to mange phones and data and we settled on pre-paid SIM cards for France and the Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 22, 2014
- Friends at ValbonneThis is where we spent last night, at Liliane and Clive's house. We had some excellent meals together, and most of us had a swim on Sunday afternoon. The boys had another swim this morning when Rachel and Sheila went Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 22, 2014
- ValbonneWe are in Valbonne, near Canne and Nice at relatives of Sheila and George. Rachel and Sheila will go to Grasse for perfume factories today.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 22, 2014
- Where's that !@#$% key?I have never come across an AZERTY keyboard before. Apparently fairly common in France.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 22, 2014
- Paris Bonjour! We made it to Paris just like we were supposed to even with the Air France strike going on and after I had to wait on standby for a flight.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/381351/35CDF479E1DF155F038555BBB9347184.jpg thumb=http://photos.trav Posted by kevinjill in France 2014 | Sep 22, 2014
- Amboise: Markets and ChâteauxWe had a great time hanging out in Amboise today. We wanted to get up at 7:00 to start our day and go for a run, but we had trouble falling asleep last night so we didn't get up until Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 21, 2014
- Bayeux and it's famous TapestryWhen I was much younger than I am now (in about 1968), Encyclopaedia Salesmen were known to knock on the door to peddle their wares, and I ended up with a single volume of Arthur Mee’s 10 volume Children’s Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 21, 2014
- Paris 3Today we caught the Big Bus (hop-on hop-off) to Notre Dame. We wanted to go in but the line was so long and you couldn't even use our Paris Pass to express the queue. Nearby Notre Dame is Sainte-Chapelle another Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 21, 2014
- One Week Down (or three weeks, depending how you count it)Tomorrow will mark the three-week anniversary of my arrival in Besançon, but so much has happened in the past 20 days that it feels like it has been much longer.
I survived my first week of classes without sustaining Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 21, 2014
- Lovely Day in VillandryWe had soooo much fun today. We woke up around 7:00 this morning when we heard it pouring rain outside. We fell asleep to the soothing pitter patter of rain and got up around 10:30. The weather was nice and Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 20, 2014
- Eiffel Toweron the road 17-Sep
Since Sunday we have been traveling in a campervan. We with some family friends have been traveling all around France. We have been to the Eiffel Tower and to southern of France. The Eiffel Tower was more Posted by DominicL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 17, 2014
- Zandy's apple treeon the road, 17-Sep
We were camping in the road and I found an apple tree. And the apples weren't poisonous.I tried one and it was perfect to eat. We have been eating them Posted by ZandyL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 17, 2014
- Driving in the campervanWed 17-Sep
I am sitting in the rear section of the campervan as we zoom southwards in France. I had a good long drive yesterday, and on the motorway the campervan got up to 130km/h - the speed limit on the Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 17, 2014
- Off to HonfleurWe packed ourselves up on Wednesday morning and dragged our cases to La Macaron for a quick breakfast, then off to Port Royal Station
We negotiated our way to Orly Airport where we picked u Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 20, 2014
- The town of Aix-en-Provence
Yesterday, I stayed at the campsite to do a load of washing while the others went on a road trip to see wild white horses and wild dark pink flamingos. They also went to LeCamargue Bateau Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 20, 2014
- Just Tourin' aboutBegrudgingly torn away from our beloved sun-kissed beaches, we delved into the leafy greenery of Touraine, the French province that hosts the Loire Valley and countless other picturesque country villages; arriving finally in Tours, a major hub for explori Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Sep 20, 2014
- Ponches EstruvalWe left London early Friday morning after a later than planned night out with my friend Gib. We had a few drinks with Gib at [[http://www.taylor-walker.co.uk/about/historic-pubs/anchor-bankside-southwark/|the Anchor]] and then Erica joined us for dinner Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Sep 20, 2014
- Under the Basque sunMuch to my happiness, my skin now has that slippery, oily feeling that only comes from the continual day-to-day slathering of sunscreen. Our time in coastal Basque Country has been a hazy marquee of blue waves and white sand by Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Sep 20, 2014
- Travel Day: Arcachon to the Loire ValleyToday was a long travel day. One of the longest we have had yet! We started out this morning in Arcachon by getting up around 10:30. We were planning to get up a little earlier but Kaela was so sleepy! Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 19, 2014
- Cruising the SeineAfter our dinner at the Eiffel tower it was down to the River Seine for our final highlight of our time in Paris.
We joined a couple of hundred fellow tourists queuing to hop onto a ferry similar to the one Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 19, 2014
- Paris 2Even though it was our first day today we jumped right in by going to a lot of the main attractions. First off in the morning we went by train to the Louvre. It was so good that we got Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 19, 2014
- Aix-en-ProvenceAnother day of long driving to get to Aix-en-Provence. George and Sheila have a pre-wedding dinner to attend here. Can't remember if I mentioned, George's great niece is getting married here in Provence and tonight is the offical pre-wedding dinner. Georg Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 18, 2014