- Canal du Midi > Days #5, 6 & 7A QUICK WORD TO ALL YOU PATIET BLOG READERS......WIFI HERE SUCKS THE BAG....AM NOW SITTING IN A BAR ITH DECENT INTERNET.....DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TIME I WILL HAVE WITH1 TINY CUP OF JAVA .
Everyone is up bright and early Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Oct 11, 2015
- Normandy to ParisTravel day. Pulled away at 5:30 am in the pitch black and no street lights. We also had to surrender our borrowed GPS so we pulled out the paper maps once again. We had paid quite a bit of money Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Oct 11, 2015
- Omaha BeachThis was our remnant day. What last minute things could we do to feel like we touched on as much as possible? We mulled over the options and narrowed it down to two outings – go back to Caen to Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Oct 11, 2015
- Juno Beach/Mont St MichelLast weekend two of the other exchange students stayed at my house so that we could go to Juno Beach. Julianna arrived on Friday night and Anthony met us at the beach. We took a guided tour with Anthony's host Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Oct 11, 2015
- Gold BeachJoyeux anniversaire, mon Papa! (Happy Birthday, to my dad!) A few days ago Al took my picture holding a sign that we brought with us to wish him happy birthday. I held the sign in front of the iconic Maison Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Oct 11, 2015
- Pegasus Bridge and HonfleurWe woke up this morning with the sun steaming through our patio French doors (no pun intended). What a beautiful day for a road trip. We set out mid-morning with a much valued working GPS courtesy of our hosts. We Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Oct 9, 2015
- Canal du Midi > Days #3 & 4
The morning was dull, with clouds brooding....breakfast on board and we are off. Today we are facing only one single lock and this was encountered about a kilometer outside of Le Somail, last night's overnight stop. From here we Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Oct 8, 2015
- Juno BeachStarted the day with a leisurely morning and a breakfast courtesy of Al - farm fresh eggs, thick cut bacon and toast. The bacon was so thick that mine had a bone in it. It kind of grossed me out. Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Oct 7, 2015
- Mont Saint Michel to Caen and Langrune-sur-MerOur rainy morning started with the disappointing cancellation of our gyro-copter flight. Boo. We opted for a slower start to the day hitting the road about 11 am once again trying to piece together a route back to Caen. A Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Oct 6, 2015
- Day 21: Churches on churches on churches~ Eiffel TowerSo since it was Sunday, we got to go to the Paris ward for church! It was fast sunday so it was testimony meeting for sacrament service (for those who are unfamiliar with the LDS -Mormon- faith, one sunday a Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 5, 2015
- Day 20: Paris Street Art, Louvre, BalletSo unfortunately I didn't take very many pictures in the morning, or afternoon.. or really anytime except when I went to the Opera building because I forgot my phone at the hotel. So I'm borrowing some pictures from McCall ;p Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 5, 2015
- Paris[left]My first time through Paris allowed me to meander through Paris on foot, the photos are taken close to the River Seine, Every one is out drinking or just walking by the river. I walked and drank. The red Eiffel Posted by Chris Sig in Europe on a Motorcycle 2014 | Oct 5, 2015
- Caen to Mont Saint MichelWe started out with an 8am alarm and desperate need for coffee. We hit the snooze button a few times and after a valiant attempt to find a place for breakfast (places were either closed or we couldn’t find parking) Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Oct 5, 2015
- Canal du Midi > Day #2We woke up to a rather dull day, it having rained quite heavily overnite....but we need to move on, fire up the stove: coffee, croissants, fruit and we are off. Rather gloomy with rain threatening but not bad and Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Oct 5, 2015
- Day 19: Paris Free Day!So today started off great because we were able to sleep in! Trust me when I say that it's totally worth it when you've been having to wake up earlier than your inner clock! I had my granola cereal with Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 5, 2015
- Day 18: Giverny ~ Versailles ~ Paris- France!So we started off the day by leaving the snooty ("Snooty?" "Snotty." "Snotty?!"- from Ferris Bueller's day off, if you remember the reference I will love you forever!) hotel worker and waiter behind and going to see Monet's garden! I Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 4, 2015
- October 3-4, 2015Arrived safe and relatively sound in Paris. While Al lived it up in the lap of luxury of Business Class I squeezed myself in with two others in our tiny row of three in the ‘Slum Class’. My chair did Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Oct 4, 2015
- Return to ParisWe have come full circle and returned to Paris. It was a stressless, truckless Sunday drive. Well, for the passengers anyway. Our chauffeur Bruce might tell a different story! We left Lyon and, as is our Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Oct 4, 2015
- Canal du Midi > Day #1A crisp beautifull autumn day is served up along with a copious breakfast, perfect fare for the challenges ahead:
......and we are off to get provisions for the trip. Got everything we need Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Oct 4, 2015
- Au Revoir........ParisYesterday we were all too tired to face the Eiffel tower queues so we headed out of the hustle, bustle and noise of the city centre and spent the day at the newly opened Paris Zoo. What a beautiful space Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Oct 4, 2015
- Homeward Bound
Spent the morning in Bruges with some last minute sightseeing, also taking a boat tour of the town.
[im Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Oct 4, 2015
- The Alps!Left our central little hotel in Turin in good time this morning after a quick continental breakfast. Pouring rain and chilly again. Bruce had some serious manoeuvring to do to get the car out of the underground Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- ....From Donostia to Ardiege via Vic d'AurbaitToday we are leaving San Sebastien (Donostia) and heading back to France, our wonderfull stay in Espana over....we really would like tocome back...adios!
Another beauty of a day, cle Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Oct 2, 2015
- Ardiege ....Haggerty Pick-up .....Rieux - Minervois Got up to .......another beauty of a day (it had rained during the nite....perfect timing for the rain to rain) had a very full breakfast with our very chatty owner....she did acknowledge she loved to gab with guests....all this Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Oct 3, 2015
- Paris"A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.
" -Thomas Jefferson
Today we explored this beautiful, iconic, crazy, noisy and charming city. Walking almost 10 kms throughout the day, we caught a boat Posted by Bartolofamily in Overseas adventures | Oct 2, 2015