- The Beaches at Normandy - 9/16/20149/16 - Mary Ann wishes to thank everyone for her birthday messages! (updated 9/19 - added more photos
We spent the entire day visiting Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, the American Cemetery and small city of Bayeux. Will post more Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 16, 2014
- Mont St. Michel to the beaches at Normandy - 9/15/20149/15 - somehow we luck out. Had breakfast at our little hotel, then hiked up to the Abbey entrance at Mt. St. Michel around 9 a.m. - we had beaten the tour bus crowds by a few seconds and Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 16, 2014
- Paris to Mont St Michel - 9/14/20149/14 - we say "au revoir" to Paris and hello to a Peugot 208, our rental car to Caen and Mt. Saint Michel. It is nice to sit and ride for a day. Took us a while to get Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 16, 2014
- GannatWe have pulled up to a great campsite here in Gannat, which is about 350km south of Paris. It tooks us about 5 hours to drive here, quite a long trip which left us all quite tired.
The lunch stop was Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 16, 2014
- Paris and the Eiffel TowerOn Monday, we arrived a few kilometres outside of Paris to a fantastic campsite. Each campervan site is hedged off to give a small amount of privacy - and the hedge cutter man was out trimming while we sat outside Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 16, 2014
Once we hit the coast of France, we drove for a couple of hours and found a campsite in Amiens: small problem, no one was manning reception so we set up in the front carpark for dinner Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 14, 2014
- Campsite at GannatThis is the view from our campsite at Gannat. We drove for well over 4 hours today, so well past Orleans.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 16, 2014
- Eiffel TowerLook what we saw today!
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 16, 2014
- Church of San SerninBetween Lascabanes and Moissac, "in the middle of nowhere," we came across a breathtaking, humbling, glowing place of worship , the 12th century Church of San Sernin-du-Bosc. I have started with the view from afar, then the frontal view, the Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Sunflowers (Girasoles) and LandscapesIn the past week, we have passed from pastures of hay, alfalfa, corn, dairy and beef cows, sheep and some goats to sunflowers, sorghum, fruit trees and limited vineyards. Both sorghum and sunflowers do better in poor soil with less Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Bonjour au Paris!Parked in a campsite just outside Paris. I drove all the way down from Amines, including a portion through Paris.
Just about to sit down to an outside lunch in the perfect weather.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 15, 2014
- Elegant French LadiesWe had previously commented in "Typical Trail" that the majority of of our fellow Pelerins (French for "pilgrim") (Peregrino in Spanish) have been French women between the age of 50-70 who typically walk only a 1-2 week portion of the Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Sunday Lunch in LectoureWe had a short walk Sunday morning from Miradoux of only 15.4 kms. We arrived in 4 hours in time for Sunday lunch at the Hotel de Bastard in Lectore. The French are VERY rigid about their dining hours. Lunch Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Bridges to SomewhereLast week, I found myself humming a song from age 5 as I ambled down the path. The song is entitled, "The Bear Went Over the Mountain." Here are the lyrics:
The bear went over the mountain,
Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Bonjour!We've officially been across The Pond (pond being a charming euphemism for the Atlantic Ocean) for 3 days now. Aside from a vomit inducing cab ride to JFK, the trip over was easy. The Moms (or Mom[sup]2[/sup] for those with Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Sep 13, 2014
- Paris - 9/13/2014 Versailles9/13 - Well, you couldn't have picked a better day to end our stay in Paris. We spent the entire day at the Palace and Gardens of Versailles, what a site! You have to visit on a Tuesday, Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 13, 2014
- The Adfrenchures Continue!Today is my 13th day in Besançon, but it feels like I have been here for a lot longer than that. Not in a bad way at all, but I am happy that classes will be starting on Monday. Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 13, 2014
- Different kinds of beautyI am lying in bed in a fisherman's cottage in Normandy, having visited Monet's Garden yesterday and memorials of war today. The shutters are closed, the window is open, and the night air holds a slight chill. We are not Posted by apostrophewoman in The Festival of Alison | Sep 13, 2014
- Corsica days 7-8Our last days in Corsica were spent making our way to Bastia, a city on Corsica's northeastern coast, in order to get the ferry to Italy. The upshot was seeing more of the Corsican landscape; however, as noted previously, it's Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 13, 2014
- Pilgrimage to NormandieLest We Forget - Quintessential Stories from the pages of 458 Squadron....................
The link above tells the story of six air crew who are buried at the Cherbourg Old Communa Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 12, 2014
- Paris - 9/12/2014 Notre Dame tour, Pompidu, night Louvre9/12 - Notre Dame (tour to the top, plus inside church), Pompidu (Museum of Modern Art), relaxing at Luxembourg Gardens, dinner at Le Petit Chaise and a walk around the Louvre at night. Tried to pick out a few Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- Being a tourist in Paris (part 1)There has been so much going on I realise there is the need to do some back tracking before I forget about Paris. So back to Monday and Tuesday and our adventures as Paris tourists.
The first thing to say is Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 12, 2014
- Paris - 9/11/2014 L'Orangerie, Luxembourg Grdns, St Chapelle(updated a bit - 9/12)
9/11 - 2 museums (L' Orangerie and Orsay), Luxembourg gardens and a concert inside Saint Chapelle.
L' Orangerie museum (Monet and Renoir)
Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- Paris - 9/10/2014 Louvre, Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe9/10 - Started our museum passes today with a trip to the Louvre, one of the largest museum's in the world! Spent a little over 4 hours at this fantastic massive museum, took a 90 minute guided tour (in Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- Paris - 9/9/2014 Eiffel Twr. (day), Sacre Couer, ChezCamille9/9 - try to make this quick. Another great day in Paris, we are now seasoned veterans on the Paris Metro jumping lines wherever we wish to go without problem.
Arrived early to Eiffel Tower and only waited 20 minutes Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 11, 2014