- A new startWe figured on having a sleep-in - didn't figure on French hotel systems; we had a wake-up call at 5:30am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not happy Jan!
A quiet breakfast, then a taxi to Paris Gare d'Est. Had a coffee at Starbucks on the Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 15, 2016
- Day 16 - VersaillesAfter a lazy morning start we worked out how to get the Metro then the RER (the suburban train network) to Versailles. Buying our tickets we confirmed the stop we were to change trains. We get there walk a mile Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 15, 2016
- Farewell to the tourOff again this morning, to Giverny, to visit Monet's Garden. Quite odd really - on the surface as a garden it didn't strike me as out of the ordinary, large, well laid out, but the flowers were no better than Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 14, 2016
- Day 15 - Walking in ParisYes we walked ..... and walked .... and walked!
Starting out from our apartment in the Marais we headed for the Eiffel Tower. We called in to a local bar/café for a coffee and croissant. The place had 2 sets of Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 14, 2016
- Catching up on the south of FranceThought we had dropped off the face of the earth, didn't you? Well, here we are back again. The absence has been due to circumstances beyond our control. We have had a couple of long days, added to which I Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 13, 2016
- Day 14 - In HeavenNous aimons Paris, à la fin
We end a long day in Paris - no matter what went before all is now right in the world!
We left Venice by a special water bus to the airport. We were told it was Posted by HarmansinEurope in Europe2016 | May 13, 2016
- Day 21 - Cassuolet aftermath, scratched car, and Barcelona!I weighed myself this morning, out of curiosity mainly, and to determine whether I was winning, or French food was winning. I’m winning…woo hoo! Despite the cheese, bread, and butter being consumed, all the walking has paid off and I’m Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 13, 2016
- Day 20 - More Montpellier adventures with the Liegeois'Cette entrée de blog est également écrit en français , ci-dessous.
This morning I woke up at Brigitte and Daniel’s feeling a part of the family, and was treated to croissants, baguettes, and juice, and then a trip out to Sete, Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 13, 2016
- Day 18 - The scary fairytales of Luberon!I woke up to a spectacular, sunny, blue-skyed morning with croissants (the best of the southern France region I would have), baguette, fresh coffee, homemade jams, the most amazing breakfast cheeses, including my favourite chevre, ham, and of course, bein Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 13, 2016
- Day 40We woke this morning to a cold and rainy day. We got going and had breakfast at Pannier, a bake shop that offered a variety of breads, buns and breakfast items besides coffee.
We drove into Geneva and found a Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 10, 2016
- St André to EscanacrabeOur trusty phone GPS 'landed' us directly at a Rainbow Cottages in a small settlement called St André, in Brittany. This was to be our home for the next ten days. Rainbow Cottages are owned by Sandra Chubb, who had Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | May 10, 2016
- Day 16 & 17 - Pasta paradise to croissant countryAfter a late start this morning having been distracted with calls back home, I was in a perpetual rush! But it didn’t stop me enjoying an omelette and a Nutella crepe for brekky, made by the lovely ladies at my Posted by jenniferhall in Pasta to Paris | May 10, 2016
- March 2016: Around the world again. From Dallas to KL Well, here is the map. Another "Around the World" trip.
We began the month at the SPE/IADC drilling conference in my old stomping ground of Fort Worth, TX! I lov Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Mar 30, 2016
- Free day in AvignonThere was an optional side trip today, but we elected to stay here. So strolled down to breakfast much later than usual, and had a relaxed meal. Returned to our room to find the maid here cleaning. She spoke very Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 9, 2016
- Day 39Our adventure for today was to track down a laundromat and get the laundry done. The first one we found using the internet turned out to be an excellent choice. It was clean, the machines were in good condition and Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 9, 2016
- M St M, The Seine & HomeThe motorways are free in parts of northern France so we used them to get to Mont St Michel in one go so as to avoid another French bank holiday. We stayed at an aire within cycling distance and spent Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | May 9, 2016
- Day 38We were up and about early this morning. We got our car out of the parking garage where we were paying by the hour and parked in a free spot on the street near the hotel. There was Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 8, 2016
- AvignonDay nine already, where is the time going?
Aboard the coach again this morning, and off to Arles. A very old town, complete with roman amphitheatre and colosseum (the latter still being used for bullfights and concerts). While walking up Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 8, 2016
- City of LightParis has often been called ‘the city of light’ mainly, I understand, because of its leading role as a centre of ideas during the Enlightenment period.
Paris has been very much a city of light for me too. Posted by khodyl in Peregrina Kristina | May 7, 2016
- Onwards to AvignonAnother day of fantastic weather, some cloud but warm and dry.
We set off at 8.30 (wakeup call at 6.30, breakfast from 6.30, bags out at 7.30, board the bus by 8.30 - no, we are not institutionalised!) away from the Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 7, 2016
- Grenoble/ NiceWhat a tease, everyone wondering if we have lost our way in the French Alps, but no, here we are. We have had several long days in a row, and the blog has had to take second place!
We woke in Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 6, 2016
- Off to see Joan & HarryAngouleme proved to be a little gem, lovely campsite near the river with a cycle track all the way into the city. Yet again beautiful buildings and lots of history. We wandered round the tiny streets and stumbled across a Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | May 6, 2016
- Dijon/Chamonix-Monc-BlancWell, I know you are all waiting with bated beath for the latest pearls of wisdom to drip from my lips (well, keyboard really), however sometimes we are just having too much fun, and that happened last night!
Yesterday we Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 3, 2016
- DijonThe weather - well, we left Paris in fine weather which changed to drizzly showers, which later cleared away, although the cloud cover remained. A brisk breeze, temperatures from 5 to 8 degrees - Quite cold actually. Tomorrow is supposed Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 1, 2016
- Just another day in ParisWhat a great night! I slept for eleven hours, which I cannot remember ever doing before. No wonder the Canada geese stop for a break in the Northern Territory on their way south, flying makes you tired.
Woke up to three Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Apr 30, 2016