- Fete de la MusiqueThe next highlight of Tuesday was a trek to E. Dehillerin, a kitchen supply store that’s been operating in the same location in Paris for 200+ years! Mary Ann really wanted to experience it as it’s been frequented by many Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 25, 2016
- La Cuisine ParisToday was a day most anticipated. Mary Ann booked a morning cooking class in Paris. The company ‘La Cuisine Paris’ is owned by American ex-pats who have set up a group of local chefs to do cooking classes with tourists, Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Paris – SorbonneAfter the Notre Dame towers tour, I did some wandering on the southern side of the Seine.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Paris – Notre Dame TowersAfter getting the train from Versailles, I headed to Notre Dame Cathedral and bought my ticket for the tower tours. I had seen many photos of Paris taken from these towers, and I really had to see it for Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Heading Back to ParisAfter a long day, I headed back to the station and caught the train to Paris.
• I saw some meringues (and I bought one)
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/05_Ve Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Jardins du Château de VersaillesAfter wandering through the Palace buildings, I headed outside into the gardens. As it was winter, unfortunately all the fountains were turned off (it was only 6C / 42F). I loved it anyway!
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/04_Vers Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Château De Versailles (Interior)Once I arrived at the Palace, I headed inside and got myself an audio guide. I saw lots of amazing things including:
• Halls, doors and general grand rooms
[center][img=http://ph Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Heading to the PalaceI arrived into Versailles at one of the three stations, Versailles – Chantiers.
Leaving the train station I walked down Rue des États Généraux. Once I got to the intersection with Avenue de Paris I stopped off and had a Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Paris - Heading to VersaillesI left left hotel quite early (jet lag was still a problem....) and walked through the early morning streets where the shops were accepting their goods for the day (including an amazing amount of fresh flowers!). I walked along Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 22, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Europe 2013 HolidayI did a day trip to Versailles on the train, and then spent time at Notre Dame and Sorbonne. It was only 6C/42F and quite cloudy all day.
I will break this day up into several posts as they are all Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 22, 2016
- Tips on Traveling to Europe on a budget by an Asian GirlNow most questions I got from people when they heard of me traveling to Europe would be what’s the budget like? Where are you going? How are you going? These are some of the questions in people’s mind. I used Posted by jokermiss in A Beacon Somewhere Around The World | Jun 22, 2016
- Rain, rain, go AWAY!Mondays in Paris tend to be quieter - residents are back to work and some museums are closed. Our plan wasn't to visit too many anyway but to do some shopping. After Mary Ann's swim (the pool is a 3-minute Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 21, 2016
- Paris still RainsRain, Rain, Go Away
First Day in Paris
Mary Ann started the day by attending Mass at Notre Dame Cathedral. Such a stunning building with gorgeous sculptures and stained glass. Weird though as there were still tourists allowed into the church while Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 21, 2016
- Travel Day #2After experiencing the insane traffic of Bordeaux yesterday, we figured we should leave the hotel with lots of time to spare. We had to gas up the rental and return it to ‘Ah-vee’ - Avis. Thankfully, traffic was very light Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 19, 2016
- Dunes & BeerWhat a day!!
Sadly, we left the chateau and Saint-Emilion to continue our trip and for a day on the ocean. We drove past the city of Bordeaux and on to the town of Arcachon which sits on the Atlantic coast. Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 19, 2016
- ParisParis blog:
Why can I say about Paris that hasn't been said before?? Ugh this place is magical. So far-second favorite city! (Amsterdam still in the lead so far 😻). The wine, the art, the food, the buildings, the food. This Posted by EuroAsh in EuroAsh | Jun 13, 2016
- The Janoueix WinesLast night’s rainbow and sunset really didn’t forecast the lovely weather we were hoping to have today. But the sky sure was gorgeous!!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/723449/2016-06-16_2 Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 17, 2016
- Saint-Emilion, a Pomerol chateau and epicerieLovely night sleep at La Confession. This is the view from the bedroom window…
After a hearty breakfas Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 17, 2016
- Travel DayPHEW! We made it to Saint-Emilion! Airplane, bus, high-speed train and car rental, 19 hours later, we’re at Chateau La Confession, in Saint Emilion. Flight was pretty good but we had to deplane away from the main terminal and get Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 17, 2016
- Bretagne (Benodet)Monday evening we, along with our ABQ friends Chip and David, arrived in Benodet, the town on the western coast where Loic vacationed every summer as a child, and his dad now lives. We spent Tuesday exploring the town Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 14, 2016
- Wedding Reception in the Loire ValleyFriday through Sunday was an amazing wedding reception weekend at a gîte (an old farm converted into a holiday home) in the Loire valley. It comprised of 5 houses of accommodation, a reception room that seats 80 people, a Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 13, 2016
- First week- Jouars- Pontchartrain (Paris)The end of our two weeks in France is almost here, and our time with friends and family has been wonderful and busy!
We began our first week in Paris with the wettest May since 1930, great talks and Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 12, 2016
- Châtel There were shrieks of excitement, delight and relief when the door opened and we met Jo and Steve! It was a great feeling to have arrived as planned and meet this lovely couple. We were also warmly greeted by our Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jun 9, 2016
- Back to Charles de Gaulle, 🛫 Roissy en FranceIt is Monday evening and we are doing a bit of packing before tomorrow's drive to Epernay, which is in the heart of the French Champagne district and only a couple of hours drive to the CDG Airport. A Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | Jun 8, 2016
- France, Europe The flight from Italy to France, Paris was only CAD$59 with Transavia airlines. It was a 1hr 30min nonstop ride and by far the best deal I've had on this trip. The hotel I stayed at was called La Maison Posted by TravelBuddy2016 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 6, 2016