- Day 14 - Chateau Chenouceau and AmboiseA highlight of our B&B was its breakfasts (in fact Nikki chose it based on pictures she had seen). Everything was homemade: about 10 flavours of jam, yoghurt, pastries...
We headed to one of the more spectacular chateaus Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 21, 2013
- Marseille UnoIt is Saturday and it is the official end of the of summer here. We travelled to Marseille by train. At Gare de Lyon Jill ran into one of Michelle's friends, Sophie who went to primary school in Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 22, 2013
- Paris FinisFriday was our last full day in Paris. It turned out to be a bright sunny and warm day for a trip to the Chateaux Versailles. It is 40 mins out of Paris by train. A slow easy start Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 21, 2013
- Paris CinqA quiet day today, only 4 hours of walking. Two laps of a circuit, one during the day and the other after sunset. The route that started at our apartment and went past the Eiffel Tower, across the Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 21, 2013
- Day 13 - End of RidingThe final day of riding was a short one back to Gouarec. There was one interesting stop at an old abbey at Bon Repos.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 12 - Rohan to Mur de BretagneThe campsite in Rohan was perfect by the Brest-Nantes canal. Every village has little gems.
The long canal section was easy and picturesque. The French take pride in decorati Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 11 - Baud to RohanThis was a day of lovely country lanes and villages and also plenty of decent hills. It started off with the obligatory visit to the boulangerie for breakfast, and eating in the central square of Baud.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/618128/lar Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 10 - Erdeven to BaudThis was quite a cruisy day through the back-country lanes. There were always interesting sites and villages along the way.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/618128/large_201 Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 9 - Rest day at ErdevenOur tour was called Carnac or Bust, so the intention was to go to Carnac to see the Megaliths, a few km bike ride away. However Nikki had struck up a conversation (in French of course) with the Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 20, 2013
- Day 8 - St Nicolas des Eaux to ErdevenThe morning ride was easy and serene along the banks of the canal.
There were many interesting things to see.
[im Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 19, 2013
- Day 7 - Gouarec to St Nicolas des EauxThe night turned out frigid - yes there was frost in the morning - quite a surprise after the weather that we'd been having. Thus we all packed extra warms into our panniers which we then would carry around Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 19, 2013
- Day 6 - Dinan to GouarecIt was time to return our car and make our way to the start of our cycling tour. Thus it was goodbye to our lovely cottage and hello to tents! We had some lunch (and some crepes) at the Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 19, 2013
- Day 5 - Mont Saint MichelWe encountered our first rainy morning as we drove an hour or so to this stunning landmark. Still, we made the walk out along the causeway to soak in the view rather than catch the shuttle.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/618128/20130906_204814 Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham in France | Sep 19, 2013
- Paris QuatreThanks to Meike, today we went to the Musee d'Orsay which is the second most popular tourist destination in Paris, as listed in Trip Advisor. For some reason it does not list the no. 1 destination. If you Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 19, 2013
- Paris TroisA day of changed plans. Tried to go to the catacombs with lots of human remains that are buried under Paris. But long queues were just not inviting enough for us to wait two hours or so. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 18, 2013
- Paris DeuxJust photos today of Paris and some of a tiny electric car made by Renault the Twizzy.. Much easier getting around today after the weekend rush. Staff in the local Carrefour are much less friendlier than last te Perhaps, Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Paris Woke today to find a bright blue sky and really great weather. We went for a short walk in the morning before Mieke, (Jill's cousin) arrived to spend sometime with us. What did we discover? The La Parisienne Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 16, 2013
- Sarlat to Rocamadour - long, hard slog on Sofia & Fonsi
Saturday 14th Sept 13 (day 14)
We woke up at 8ish, showered got dressed in our bum pants (aka padded bike pants) had a coffee/tea then coasted down to the supermarket at about 9ish. B Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Sep 15, 2013
- Bergerac to Sarlat - easy trip on the train
Thursday 12th Sept (day 12)
It's overcast and dull today, but hopefully it will not rain. Our last day in Bergerac as this afternoon we catch a train to our next destination: Sar Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2014 - YES WE ARE STILL ON THE SAME TRIP | Sep 15, 2013
- 130604: Paris: Musee d'Orsay===Musée d'Orsay===
In the late morning SR and I caught the RER to the Musée d'Orsay. Because we had the Paris Pass (includes the Paris Museum Pass), we got through the line quickly and got in free. We still had to Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130602: 1. Montmartre: Place Blanche to Moulin Radet===Finding Amélie===
The heading above refers to the film Amélie, which was set in Montmartre. Today's trip to Montmartre would be partly spent looking for places that were seen in that movie, but it wasn't the main purpose of the trip.
----- Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130531: 1. Bordeaux - LeognanI woke up feeling better but still kind of sick. I managed to eat some leftovers from the day before, and then take a shower. Too bad I wasn't in the mood to eat as they had a pretty nice Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130530: 1. Bordeaux - Margaux, MédocHere are some pics of breakfast at Château Meyre:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/60 Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130529: 1. London to Paris (and on to Bordeaux)===Eurostar from London to Paris===
Today we traveled from London to Paris on the [[http://www.franceinlondon.com/media/pictures/FilUserFiles/eurostar%20st%20pancras.jpg|Eurostar]] (a high-speed train similar to the French TGV). We took the first one of Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- Paris is not PlayschoolThe journey on the Eurostar was a little underwhelming. Perhaps, we expected a little more. But it was very efficient and it all went without a hitch. A bit like flying but you have to load your Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 15, 2013