- Last Tango in ParisLast Tango in Paris
Escaping before the French Secret Police find us
So, despite our best efforts to slow down, we kept shuffling through the streets of Paris - finally walking over 60 miles in our 7+ days here. Highlights of the Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 26, 2015
- Digging inEnjoying each delicious spoonful of history, culture, conversation and so very much more!
My trip has brought me experiences I could never have planned and there is still more to come. (insert ear to ear smile)
What did I do to ever Posted by Vagabondage in I spy with my little eye | Apr 26, 2015
About 25 miles from Briare is Guedelan. It is the site of a medieval castle reconstruction. Using medieval building methods they are constructing a stone castle.
I Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Apr 24, 2015
Those dudes had some cash to blow!
Yesterday, at the suggestion of our ex travel agent and (current) Corvallis friend Allison, we did a bike tour of Versailles. Versailles is about a 30 minute train ride from Paris and was the Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 24, 2015
- QuibervilleFirst day in France
Going through the tunnel was exciting. We got on the train behind two huge coaches and were sealed in our own compartment. We didn't notice that the train had started moving it was so smooth. We ate Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Apr 21, 2015
Val du Martinet
45250 Briare du canal
Wednesday 22 April 2015.
We left Quiberville at 9 am and set course for Briare. We turned out of the caravan site and then car was juddery and didn't sound r Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Apr 23, 2015
- Food, Finals, Farms, and Fun!!!My blog posts are not getting fewer and farther between intentionally. I finally have the time to sit down and write because, as of yesterday, my semester is OVER! It hasn’t fully sunken in yet, but my French Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Apr 21, 2015
- Paris Day 2Paris Day 2
I have a health app on on my phone that keeps tack of my daily walking steps.
I got up early on Monday determined to set a new walking record. After a cup of Joe (that would be Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 21, 2015
- Paris[img=h Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 21, 2015
- The French AlpsEvening,
We have made it the Mont Blanc! It's the highest mountain in the French Alps and sits on the border between France and Italy. We are here for two nights in a house that sits wayyyy up on the hill Posted by fatmonkey in Europe 2015 | Apr 20, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Ledas tuoj pajudės.Šiandien prieš pietus - skambutis. Mergaitė iš marinos administracijos, čiabuvių kalba capitainerie, domisi, ar aš esu jachta Billabong. Ar aš laive? Oj, kaip gerai. Suprantate, jūs vakar prisišvartavote prie tiltelio, kuris yra per mažas jūsų laivui. Jis Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Apr 18, 2015
- Once in a Life TimeOh, no! I am not referring to this trip... Just the soundtrack du jour.
Enjoying a mellow Saturday morning with the Talking Heads after a gorgeous evening with friends along the Canal du Midi.
Spent the majority of my Posted by Vagabondage in I spy with my little eye | Apr 18, 2015
- SNOW!!Hi all,
Our snow days have arrived! We are all pretty darn excited about our week skiing in the French Alps. It's hard to believe we are here!
We have four days skiing, so each day goes something like this - Posted by fatmonkey in Europe 2015 | Apr 17, 2015
- Sainte Foy - the whole family back together again!Evening all,
Today is the day we braved driving on the wrong side of the road - EEeeekkkkk!!
Picked up our big 9 seater van, fingers crossed it fits all seven of us and all our gear! While Mum & I are Posted by fatmonkey in Europe 2015 | Apr 16, 2015
- Being a cavemanWhen we first arrived at Niaux Cave nobody was there because they had just left on the 11 30 tour and we still had 2 hours before we went on the 1 30 english tour. So we thought it woud Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Apr 16, 2015
- The Holy GrailThe Holy Grail
Visits to the wine caves and Chateaux of Beaucastel, Domaine du Vieux Telegraphe, Domaine Pegau and the town of Chateauneuf du Pape
OK, if you are not a wine geek, stop reading and go count your money. You will Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 15, 2015
- Wines in BeauneEvening all,
Amazingly we all woke up to our alarms - although we woke up to dirty breakfast bowls on the table... Both Mum and Dave had been up for a 3am snack!
With packed bags we made our way down Posted by fatmonkey in Europe 2015 | Apr 15, 2015
- Marathon Day!Morning,
Big day for Mum and David, months of preparation and training for today and there is a bit of nerves and excitement in the apartment! Dad's on cheif supporter for the morning, getting them to the start line and ready Posted by fatmonkey in Europe 2015 | Apr 15, 2015
- Best Laid PlansOften go awry.
So it's a good thing that I am going with the flow. (which has meant of course, less blogging)
The last few days have brought me to an Olive Manufacturer, some roman remains (of the stone variety) and markets, Posted by Vagabondage in I spy with my little eye | Apr 14, 2015
- Why would anyone want to eat sheeps brains?We are in France. I decided to make a blog on all the strange food we have seen in supermarkets in Europe.
1 Sheeps brains. why would anyone want to eat sheeps brains?
2 Pigs ears. I dont see the purpose of Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Apr 13, 2015
- The Hill Towns and fields of ProvenceThe Hill Towns and fields of Provence:
Our schedule gets a bit tighter now as we get closer to the end of our journey. However, yesterday we had a free day and we wanted to get a glimpse of Provence and Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 12, 2015
- French National Radio InterviewFrench National Radio Interview
After trying to duck (le cannard) him for weeks, the well known talk show host Pierre Dans L'Important finally caught up with me to do an interview on the French National Radio show "Nous Vous Savons".
My staff Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 11, 2015
- Paris!Didn't I say I would try to keep these posts updated fairly regularly?
So, hey, Paris!
I have been here for four days now and I have to say I have really fallen in love with this place. It is really Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Apr 10, 2015
- Toulouse, Carcassonne and CollioureToulouse, Carcassonne and Callioure
Back to the Mediterranean as Spring breaks out
After our wonderful stay in La Boissiere, we headed east towards St. Cicq de Lapopie. At the last minute, we decided to turn towards Carcassonne so we would get more Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 8, 2015
- Saturday 28th JuneWe sadly departed St. Barths and upon arrival at St Martin we got a taxi to the Sunset Bar for a fun lunch watching the planes land. Posted by scotia174 in St. Barths | Jun 28, 2014