- Weekend in ToursFinally the weekend arrived! Friday after class, most of the group bought lunch from the Carrefour, a little grocery store, and we went by the Loire to eat. The weather was beautiful, and it was so nice and relaxing. Afterwards Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 9, 2014
- Raid Pyrenean day 2 -5Oh blimey..it's non stop.,no time for sitting about writing anymore it seems.
Let me do a recap of the raid before it gets too far away..already its blurry..due to either tiredness or just feeling the need to blank it from my Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 9, 2014
- Exile in ParisFor the last 23 years U.S. psychiatrists have been drugging the film maker, Carl Sanchez-Medina, claiming that Mr. Sanchez is very "ill" very "delusional." Over 100 psychiatrists and therapists have been insisting that Mr. Sanchez ha been"homeless," "slee Posted by Carl Sanchez in Paul Reveere Blog | Jul 30, 2013
- From the Loire to Paris Early morning wake up for our commute to Paris. Drive 100km to Orleans, then train ride back to Tours on the way to Paris. A little rest then a little wine.
Alarms went off at 5:50am as we had Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 8, 2014
- Hot day in the LoireWoke up to clear, blue skies. Predictions are for mid 80's and lots of sunshine. Hopefully the day will be nice everywhere as they are commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day invasion in Normandy.
Going to take a Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 7, 2014
- Paris and all of its wonderI woke up really early because the ticket I purchased for paris was at 9am. I didn't want to miss it so I woke up at 7 to start my walk to the train station. I got to the station Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | Jun 7, 2014
- lyon and restLyon to me was supposed to be just rest ans catching up. But patty had gave me a mission to see some sights that i didn't even think of checking out. One was the foruvrie then the park dotore and Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | Jun 7, 2014
- ahhh... Provence[center][/center]
This week we headed south to Provence. It seems that the further south you travel in France the more beautiful it gets. The village in which we stayed, Arles, is famous Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Jun 6, 2014
- Hanging around AmboiseWell today certainly is starting out much better than yesterday. The skies are bluer and the clouds are fewer. Good day for a walk.
Since we couldn't get dinner reservations at La Breche, we are going there for lunch Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 6, 2014
- First Nights Out!So Tuesday night was my first night out in Tours! A bunch of us met up at the institut and then walked to the square, which is a place with a bunch of bars. It was Adam's birthday, so we Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 5, 2014
- Raid Pyrenean mini updateSo I was going to update daily on the RP trip but lack of WiFi foiled that plan and I am now on the eve of my last day of the trip so that kinda went to pot. There is Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 5, 2014
- Rainy day in the LoireWe had our first complete rain out today. It was chilly and rainy and just not a day that we wanted to deal with - so we didn't.
Woke up to ominous looking skies and soon enough it started to Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 5, 2014
- King of the castle! I started my Intrepid tour on the 24th of May. We met in Paris and our first stop together was the city of Tours in the Loire Valley. Actually before I go on, I forgot to mention in my Posted by Fi M in For the love of getting lost! | Jun 9, 2014
- Beautiful chateaux in the LoireThe skies were overcast but the forecasters said the rain would hold off, so we decided to go visiting. A couple nearby chateaux were on tap, not that I didn't trust the weatherman.
We started out around 10:30 am for Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 4, 2014
- Exploring the LoireAnother bright, sunny day with blue skies beckoned us to explore and how could we say - Non?
We decided to to head west today to visit three very different locations. We started out for our farthest destination - The Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 3, 2014
- Settling in ToursAfter about 24 hours of travelling, I finally arrived in the beautiful city of Tours, France. The lady I am living with, Huguette, arrived at the bus to pick me up and take me back to her home. The house Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 3, 2014
- France and the Raid Pyrenean (day 1)distance: 160km
Total ascent: 2200m
Hours in the saddle: 6hrs
You will have to forgive any nonsensicalness that may be written below..it's been a heck of a day and am shattered!
But I don't want to get ahead of myself..what's Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 2, 2014
- Le Chateau Royal d'AmboiseTook the opportunity to sleep in and rest today. Yesterday's long ride and the many sites in the Dordogne left us a bit tired, so it was time to catch up. We hung out in the apartment until Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 2, 2014
- The things you do for wifi in France!We've settled into our new home in Saint Raphael, France. A little seaside town in the Cote d' Azure, French Riviera. Another wonderful ﬁnd off airbnb. It's always a bit scary, especially since we've booked for an entire month, wondering Posted by Octobrianna in Can We Cope Man? | Jun 2, 2014
- A philosophy or lost in translation?I was told by someone who lives in Tours, and who has never been to the US, that Americans are "always in a hurry to go nowhere." He then told me that in Tours people "walk fast so they Posted by Ken Fridley in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 2, 2014
- The End of the RoadThis is it, Monday 2[sup]nd[/sup] of June, the end of the road, the end of the trip, the end of all things... Well maybe not of all things but it feels a bit strange nevertheless to consider the idea of Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Jun 2, 2014
- Saint-Jean-Pied-De-PortIt has been one very eventful week in Pamplona. We have only been here a week and it seems like we've been here for so much longer because of all the things we have done already. On Friday we went Posted by sabalalani in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 1, 2014
- One week down four more to go
The first week in Tours was a great beginning to my trip. Once I walked around Tours that first day I knew I was going to absolutely love it. I love the fact that when you walk around you Posted by meaganlallen3 in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 1, 2014
- On to the Loire ValleyUp early to get ready for our drive to Amboise. It was great seeing the beautiful sites in the Dordogne region, but now even more sites await us in the Loire. Said our goodbyes, loaded up the car Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 1, 2014
- Bordeaux or BustAn early day and a sad day as we bid our friends adieu. Jan and Dave are heading to Paris, while we have one more day here before heading to the Loire Valley.
We're starting the morning with a drive Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 31, 2014