- Paris: Musee d'Orsay, Pantheon and hot weatherToday we went to Musee d'Orsay and the Pantheon. We started out by taking the Metro to Musee. When we got inside we went upstairs to find Monet paintings that were very cool, we also saw some Rodins, Van Goghs Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 27, 2013
- Gay Paris!How quickly the time is flying by! I can't believe it was a week ago that I almost didn't make it to Paris. After waiting 3 hours at Pisa Airport it wasn't until I was boarding that I was rudely Posted by SammyO in My gelato journey | Jul 27, 2013
- Paris:Ile de la Cite, ArcdeTriomphe, Champs Elysee & LouvreYes, you read the title correctly. We had a marathon day of touring the major Paris sights on FRIDAY - and all in the 30 degree humid weather! It isn't as bad as it sounds as some of Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 26, 2013
- Paris: crepes and MontparnasseWe have arrived in Paris! Our journey started at the Schiphol airport where we had to drop off our car and then caught the high speed Thayls train to Paris. Adri, Niels and Danielle very gratefully came with us and Posted by thewierenga5 in The Wierenga 5 | Jul 26, 2013
- Parisphotos [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/France/]]
Paris. There is probably no destination in the world that people desire to visit more so than this outstanding city. Although I suppose Mecca surmounts a formidable Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Jul 25, 2013
- Back from hot Paris to hot OxfordParis was fun with lots of walking, food and lots to do. I will have to radically improve my French for the Nancy sojourn. Jamie's conference was good but at times shambolic with one session interrupted by a Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Jul 19, 2013
- REIMS - EPERNAY 19 JulyNot to be missed - the most amazing sound & light show etc etc : Reims Cathedrale Notre-Dame
We had read so much about this show we had to go - commencing at 11pm it was Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 19, 2013
- First couple days in Paristhe flight was uneventful (can't even remember one leg of it...fell asleep so hard...woke up and was in Iceland) note...don't fly Icelandair
for long flights, they do no feed you on the plane! my dinner ended up being some chips Posted by montague in France 2013 | Jul 19, 2013
- BEAUNE to REIMS (France) 17 & 18 JulyWednesday we left Beaune riding through the Cote d'Or vineyards. Lovely little laneways through vineyards.
Just a couple of interesting sights along the way
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576870/80F8BB122219AC6817A7146620E8DEF7.jpg thumb=http:// Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 18, 2013
- Europe 12th to 18th JulyFriday 12th July - Paris
We arrived in Paris around 11am which was early hours of the morning in LA time and we had no sleep on the plane – both of us couldn’t sleep. Getting in to Paris through Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Jul 18, 2013
- It's Not About Shoes Even If They're SweetAt about Carry le Rouet it became obvious that the amount of walking I was doing was taking its toll on both my shoes and my feet. Part of the problem with my feet might have been related to the Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 18, 2013
- ParisDear all,
my trip to Paris was fabulous!
Nice food, warm people and great sightseeing.
Dear greetings to everyone!
Michael Posted by social.michael in Michael's EU Travels | Jul 17, 2013
- You Took it All In You May Never be Back AgainSo, after a week in Paris, some final impressions:
Paris is different from what I imagined. Partially because when I imagined it, I imagined it around the time that the writers I love were living there, and the world has changed Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 17, 2013
- Then I Think About Being Done with no ResumeToday was the day that “I'll do it tomorrow” stopped being a valid statement. Technically, there's still time tomorrow, but there wouldn't be enough time for all of the things that I really did want to do, but hadn't quite Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 16, 2013
- ANNECY to BEAUNE (France) 15 & 16 JulyLeaving Annecy we experienced quite a dramatic change in scenery. After so many Alps it was nice to see some greenery, mountains and vineyards.
We chose Beaune as our destination by chance, it seemed like a good place to stop, right Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 16, 2013
- From the Blue and the Red from the Orange and GreenI'd intended to do this from about my first day in Paris, when I'd started thinking of writers I adored who I could stalk. It took me a while and several vague google searches to remember that Samuel Beckett did Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 15, 2013
- The Journey So Far- And Finally===The Journey So Far===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/287551/large_Mountain_P..from_Kri Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 15, 2013
- Red, the Blood of Angry Men / Black, the Dark of Ages PastToday was Bastille day.
The first sign of that was very little being open. Part of this was due to it being Sunday, which only complicated things. (The Louvre was not only open, but free. I found that out too late Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 14, 2013
- DUINGT to ANNECY (France) 13 & 14 JULYWe planned to go to Lyon on Saturday 13th July but all of the travelling we have done over the past 11 weeks has caught up with us.
We decided Annecy with it's beautiful lake was too hard to resist Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 14, 2013
- Paris in the summerSo. getting to grips with Oxford and we are now in Paris and today is Bastille Day which means very loud parties in the Fire station across the road from the hotel. Jamie has a conference here. Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Jul 14, 2013
- So Be a Tourist, Hear the CallIt was after dinner Friday night, when I realized that I'd been in Paris for two days and still not seen the Eiffel Tower, that I realized I was probably doing something wrong.
Earlier that day, I'd been walking back to Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 13, 2013
- Tour de FranceThe Tour de France was in Nice on July 2, on it's way from Corsica and then on to Marseille. This was the only point in the Tour where they did time trials. Richard, wish you'd'a been Posted by Meghan.Gardner in Our France Adventure | Jul 13, 2013
- ANDERMATT (Switzerland) to DUINGT (France) 12 JulyFarewell Anderamtt, we loved it there, and we will be back someday.
The wildf Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Jul 12, 2013
- This Graveyard Hides a Million SecretsA lot of writers and artists lived in Paris. Those who lived there long enough died there, and were usually buried in the Montparnasse cemetery.
The Montparnasse Cemetary is weird in that it is simultaneously both a cemetery and a tourist Posted by Soseki in This is Not a Pipe | Jul 12, 2013
- thoirette to divonne les bains (via saint claude)friday: extremely hot and clammy yesterday! p got the scooter off so we could have another
cooling whizz around the area!
there was a sign outside the carrefour, right beside the aire, that showed the town was along-
side the ‘route Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 12, 2013