- Nice was nice for a nightWell we had to leave the beautiful Cinque Terre eventually. It was a sad morning as we headed back to the train station to get back to Le Spezia were the bus would pick us up from.
My chesty cold had Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 21, 2015
- GORGE to ORANGE (FRANCE) JULY 17, 18 & 19thIt is still very hot here in the south of France so we are going to Orange where we have air-conditioned accommodation and a pool : Bliss !!
The ride through included some very pretty roads with acres of Lavender and Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- BARCELONETTE to GORGE De VERDON : JULY 14,15,16thLeaving Barcelonette we condinued on the Route des Grandes Alpes - a great ride through magnificent canyons.
Through the Col de la Cayolle (2326m) to Guillaumes,
then through the Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- Apologies and a video from inside the churchIn the last post I made a flippant nod to the bad weather NZ was experiencing. After posting the blog I read in the Herald (I like to keep up with what's happening at home) about how bad the storm Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 18, 2015
- More cognac, cool rivers and a subterranean churchIn case you didn't realise what a huge variety of Cognac's there are available, in a wondrous array of bottle shapes and sizes, tis will give you an idea: [img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 18, 2015
- VALLOIRE to BARCELONETTE (FRANCE) JULY 13thThe last thing you expect to see is a Kangaroo in France - not even a "hay" sculpture, just out of Valloire there she was in all her glory !
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/576 Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 16, 2015
- MARTIGNY (SWITZERLAND) to VALLOIRE(FRANCE) JULY 12thBreakfast in Switzerland, Lunch in Italy and Dinner in France.
Riding the Route des grande Alpes - Rugged Rocky High Country - totally different to the Alps we have been riding.
A great day starting with the St. Bernard Pass (2469m) where Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jul 16, 2015
- Last night in ParisOur last day in France. Sigh. Still, loads to do and enjoy. No blues allowed to kick in yet. We slept in a bit, then breakfasted, and went into town. Mainly to buy stamps, but just to wander around too. Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 15, 2015
- A taste of DijonThe thing to do in Dijon, was the Owl Trail. This is a clever self guided tour around the historic city. There are owl motifs in the footpath, and numbered plaques outside the main view points. Armed with the Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 15, 2015
- Anyone for Cognac?
With echoes of Taize in our minds (we burst into song in 2 part harmony several times a day) we are now staying in a 180 year old stone house (one gets totally used to being amongst t Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 15, 2015
On Tuesday m Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jul 13, 2015
- Taize: how can I describe the experience?We left Taize this afternoon. I don't have words to fully describe the experience. I don't have words. I have a swelling heart and tears in my eyes writing this. No pictures in this blog - I took plenty but Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 12, 2015
- Friends, family,a wedding and a road trip-Part 2From Pozzuoli, where we stayed inhaling the sulphurous humours of the Campi Flegrei, we drove along the Tyrrenhian Coast till it became the Ligurian, staying in a little jewel of a town named Talamone, perched since time immemorial on a Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Jul 12, 2015
- Goodbye Country ThreeI am an American, but it seems that places in France want to imitate American styles. But why do they seem to select such odd ways?
For example, this sign Senior Solutions with window displays for all sorts of infirmities. Why Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 12, 2015
- Country Three - ImagesThis listing will include photos to show why everyone loves Paris.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/My_Studio_Apartment.jpg caption=My Studio Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 12, 2015
- Arles to DijonThe departures were a little staggered. The Amblers and Stella left just after 8am. Hugs all round. We left just after 9am, another round of hugs. Team Hyundai headed to Arles, to try to complete the van Gogh trail we Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 12, 2015
- Friday villa finaleOur final full day at the villa. Sigh! Suskia had worked out a walk, and two car loads headed away shortly after 9am. The area was about 30mins drive, called Le Colorado, provençal de Rustrel, and was an old ochre Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 12, 2015
- Country Three - Paris
My third time in Paris, so I must finally visit the [[http://www.louvre.fr/en|Louvre]].
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/The_Perfect_Tour Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 12, 2015
- Cote D'Azure6 June Left the relative luxury (and interesting use of swimming pool) of Sanary behind and caught a train via Toulon to Nice. Went to pick up hire car and then spent 30 minutes walking around a multi-storey Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jul 11, 2015
- Provence ThursdayNo rest for the wicked, back on our vdB tour of Provence today. (as it is just too much fun to miss) We breakfasted about 9am, then headed out, en masse, to another couple of nearby towns. First up was Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 10, 2015
- Avignon festivitiesFinally, we had a divergent group plan today. After a late breakfast together, two cars went for a tiki tour of some nearby towns. Pete and I, plus Shaun and Amalia stayed behind, and just chilled by the pool. Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 10, 2015
- Arles adventureAnother stonking Provence day greeted us. I had a quick swim to wake up – what a great way to start the day. Our outing today, was to our local village, via an Abbey. The Abbey Notre Dame de Sénanque Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 10, 2015
- Bonne MondayAfter a restless hot night, our 7am alarm was a bit rude. Still, I got up and had a cooling morning swim! What luxury. We prepped breakfast and did the dishes, and were ready for our days adventure by 9am. Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 10, 2015
- Country Three - ParisSome of you might recall I visited Chattanooga, Tennessee and[[http://pcotterlyroadtrip.travellerspoint.com/104/| Couch Surfed with a fine fellow named Tom Gardner]]. In case you missed it, he also posted this [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8tMziteZM Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 9, 2015
- PARIS[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/730573/90_image.jpg thu Posted by AndreMorais in All Around the World | Jul 8, 2015