- Travel Day: Bilbao to ArcachonWe had an insanely fun travel day. In fact, we might have had a perfect day. We left Bilbao around 8:30 this morning. The garage across the street woke us up at 7:55...five minutes before our alarm was set to Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 18, 2014
- Millau ViaductView from our campervan that we woke up to this morning. That is the Mullah Viaduct in the background as the sun comes up. Sunrise was 0731 today, but the mountains stop is reaching into the valley until closer to Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 18, 2014
- Wed 17thBarb here
Versailles. Was on the agenda today but not before we bought pastry at the local boulangerie before hitting the metro tunnels.
The train trip took about a half hour.
The town was very low key compared to the estate that Posted by bollinger13 in EUROPE 2014 | Sep 17, 2014
- St. Jean Pied de Port [ Posted by bobscamino in Bob's Camino | Sep 17, 2014
- Back to School!Sunday was my last day of the summer, and it was a relatively quiet day...I slept in really late after a late Saturday night, then met Théo downtown to visit the Museum of the Resistance (Besançon has a rich legacy Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 17, 2014
- Au Revoir!Paris has continued to be a great experience, and we have been traipsing all over the city taking in the sights. Since our last post, we have seen: The Louvre, the Arc De Triomphe, the Pompidou, Versailles, Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Sep 17, 2014
- Being a tourist in Paris (part 2)On Monday evening after our day hopping on and off the bus in Paris I left my travelling companions at the apartment and headed back to the Montparnasse Tower at dusk to see the sun go down. It had been Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 17, 2014
- France part deux: days 1-3 and French existential musings...The final weekend of our journey had arrived. Upon our return to France, Aunt Barbara and Uncle Chris kindly fetched us at the airport. They proposed a truly fabulous idea: fondue dinner. I hadn't had the chance to show Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 17, 2014
- The Beaches at Normandy - 9/16/20149/16 - Mary Ann wishes to thank everyone for her birthday messages! (updated 9/19 - added more photos
We spent the entire day visiting Omaha Beach, Utah Beach, the American Cemetery and small city of Bayeux. Will post more Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 16, 2014
- Mont St. Michel to the beaches at Normandy - 9/15/20149/15 - somehow we luck out. Had breakfast at our little hotel, then hiked up to the Abbey entrance at Mt. St. Michel around 9 a.m. - we had beaten the tour bus crowds by a few seconds and Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 16, 2014
- Paris to Mont St Michel - 9/14/20149/14 - we say "au revoir" to Paris and hello to a Peugot 208, our rental car to Caen and Mt. Saint Michel. It is nice to sit and ride for a day. Took us a while to get Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 16, 2014
- GannatWe have pulled up to a great campsite here in Gannat, which is about 350km south of Paris. It tooks us about 5 hours to drive here, quite a long trip which left us all quite tired.
The lunch stop was Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 16, 2014
- Paris and the Eiffel TowerOn Monday, we arrived a few kilometres outside of Paris to a fantastic campsite. Each campervan site is hedged off to give a small amount of privacy - and the hedge cutter man was out trimming while we sat outside Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 16, 2014
Once we hit the coast of France, we drove for a couple of hours and found a campsite in Amiens: small problem, no one was manning reception so we set up in the front carpark for dinner Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 14, 2014
- Campsite at GannatThis is the view from our campsite at Gannat. We drove for well over 4 hours today, so well past Orleans.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 16, 2014
- Eiffel TowerLook what we saw today!
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 16, 2014
- Church of San SerninBetween Lascabanes and Moissac, "in the middle of nowhere," we came across a breathtaking, humbling, glowing place of worship , the 12th century Church of San Sernin-du-Bosc. I have started with the view from afar, then the frontal view, the Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Sunflowers (Girasoles) and LandscapesIn the past week, we have passed from pastures of hay, alfalfa, corn, dairy and beef cows, sheep and some goats to sunflowers, sorghum, fruit trees and limited vineyards. Both sorghum and sunflowers do better in poor soil with less Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Bonjour au Paris!Parked in a campsite just outside Paris. I drove all the way down from Amines, including a portion through Paris.
Just about to sit down to an outside lunch in the perfect weather.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 15, 2014
- Elegant French LadiesWe had previously commented in "Typical Trail" that the majority of of our fellow Pelerins (French for "pilgrim") (Peregrino in Spanish) have been French women between the age of 50-70 who typically walk only a 1-2 week portion of the Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Sunday Lunch in LectoureWe had a short walk Sunday morning from Miradoux of only 15.4 kms. We arrived in 4 hours in time for Sunday lunch at the Hotel de Bastard in Lectore. The French are VERY rigid about their dining hours. Lunch Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Bridges to SomewhereLast week, I found myself humming a song from age 5 as I ambled down the path. The song is entitled, "The Bear Went Over the Mountain." Here are the lyrics:
The bear went over the mountain,
Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 15, 2014
- Bonjour!We've officially been across The Pond (pond being a charming euphemism for the Atlantic Ocean) for 3 days now. Aside from a vomit inducing cab ride to JFK, the trip over was easy. The Moms (or Mom[sup]2[/sup] for those with Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Sep 13, 2014
- Paris - 9/13/2014 Versailles9/13 - Well, you couldn't have picked a better day to end our stay in Paris. We spent the entire day at the Palace and Gardens of Versailles, what a site! You have to visit on a Tuesday, Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 13, 2014
- The Adfrenchures Continue!Today is my 13th day in Besançon, but it feels like I have been here for a lot longer than that. Not in a bad way at all, but I am happy that classes will be starting on Monday. Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 13, 2014