- Normandy Day 1
B-26 at Utah Beach museum
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/625771/20141009_Normand Posted by Kris-Court in France 2014 | Oct 10, 2014
- Day 127 - NimesToday we woke to the sound of our alarm, set to rouse us so we could get ourselves going a bit earlier in the day and make the most of it. Pont du Gard and Nimes are our points of Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 10, 2014
- Paris[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/625771 Posted by Kris-Court in France 2014 | Oct 9, 2014
- Day 126 - Aigues MortesWe all took our time getting going today as the sleep had been broken. A party of men had come in to the camp around 2am, yelling and laughing, presumably after a good night out, and gone into the cabin Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 9, 2014
- Day 125 - to LansarguesIt rained hard during the night and was still steadily raining when we got up and contemplated the packing ahead. Most of our gear kept dry with the stuff that goes in the top box getting a little wet on Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 8, 2014
- Day 124 - L'EscaletHello all!
After a very stormy night of thunder and lightning, we awoke to bright blue skies. Yesterday the two small outings we had were quite draining on me, and today I was still stiff and achey from all the sleeping Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 8, 2014
- Finn and his Family in Paris!!!!On Wednesday we went to Paris. We had to get up at 4am to catch the Eurostar train to Gare du Nord station. In Paris we caught a taxi to our hotel to drop our suitcase off. We bought a Posted by FBontour in Finn Brierley on tour | Sep 19, 2014
- Paris 2010 Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- Food, Churches, and Food in Churches!After last week, this week was a huge letdown! No visits with world leaders or voyages outside of the city. But don’t get me wrong, that still left me with plenty of awesome/delicious/weird things to do! I will Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Oct 6, 2014
- Day 123 - St TropezHi again. Today started again with warm, sunny weather. I think I could get used to this.
Tori is feeling much better today. Great to see. We all headed down the road this morning to the market in the centre of Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 6, 2014
- Day 121 & 122 - Port GrimaudDidn’t do much these 2 days.
Day 121 saw a load of washing go in and hung out to dry. I went down to the shopping centre to look at phone and internet options for our time in France. Not much Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 4, 2014
- Day 120 - ContinuedHere is the continuation of yesterdays blog with more photographs attached. I published without waiting for them to be uploaded. The depict various scenes along the coast from Nice to Port Grimaud via Cannes. Amazing all the way!
I also forgot Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 4, 2014
- Day 19 - train to Lourdes ( the holy healing place) Well it was a really nice train ride -- we felt it was fast. When we arrived in Lourdes we found out that there was a pilgrimage in town ( funny to say that...like it's the "circus is Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Oct 4, 2014
- Day 120 - to Cote d'AzurWe woke up to blue skies and hot sun with traffic humming 11 stories below. The views from the balcony were stunning, the sea deep blue stretching out to the horizon. Having to be out of the apartment by 11am Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 3, 2014
- Day 119 - Meren's BirthdayMeren’s favourite day in Europe – her 11th birthday!
And it was a great day for all of us. As is our tradition, everyone piled on our bed when they were awake (after the girls woke the boys!) for Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Oct 3, 2014
- Normandy & D-Day BeachesTo cap off our Paris visit, we all decided to rent a car and head to the northern coast of France. We really felt it necessary to visit some of the important sights related to the Allied D-day Invasion. Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Oct 3, 2014
- Final observations from FranceStaying in France for 5 weeks has taught me many things, including what to say in French when someone sneezes (À tes souhaits, in case you were wondering!).
In no particular order:
I will never tire of seeing someone walking or Posted by apostrophewoman in The Festival of Alison | Oct 1, 2014
- Petite pain au chocolatBreakfast this morning was great, with fresh petite pain au chocolat (ie chocolate in croissant-like pastry) - yummy!
After breakfast, I took Zandy and Dom for a walk around the river and some forest on the edge. It was still quite Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 24, 2014
- Zandy 24-SepWe were at a campsite and we saw three cats and row dogs. The two dogs were barking, they were barking at us. The three cats were all different colours. One of the cats was black and white, and the Posted by ZandyL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 24, 2014
- Dominic 24-SepOn Sunday we went to an over night stay at our friends cousins, Clive and Liliane's house. They had a huge house and garden. Their house was 3 stories high! And their garden had 5 sets of stairs! Clive and Posted by DominicL in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 24, 2014
- Life is more interesting when you don't understand it 100% !Well, I have passed yet another few exciting days of existence! Honestly; I think this week wins, and it’s only Tuesday!
Starting with the relatively mundane, I have purchased the train tickets for my first weekend trip – Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 30, 2014
- Tigers at ThoiryLots of animals at the Thoiry Park Zoologique
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Sep 27, 2014
- Day 13 - Mont Saint-Michael [center]Holly Castle Batman![/center]
I think these pictures will speak for themselves. Mont Saint-Michel is surrounded by water once the tide comes in! Plus it's built on rock which is visible as you walk along the passage ways.
[img=http://ph Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 13 - Canadian Cemetery This was a very humbling experience to see 2000 headstones - knowing that everyone of these men died from my freedom. These men ( boys some of them) were from all parts of Canada...in particular...Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 28, 2014
- Day 13 - Juno Beach ~~ Normandy[center]CAR DAY ~~~ WEEEEEE! We are trying not to hate our backpacks so early in the trip. ;o)[/center]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/20140928_103153.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693821/thumb_20140928_103153.jp Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 28, 2014