- Running in ParisMonday morning dawned and I decided it was time for a run.
When we first planned this trip I figured out it was just under 4 kms to the Eiffel Tower but I wasn't feeling that adventurous so I set of Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 10, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - ParisOur time in Paris made me realise how good the French have it. It is a foodies paradise! There were specialty food stores at every turn, markets more than once a week and so much variety.
As Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 10, 2014
- Au Revoir ParisSo we are currently on the train heading away from the first stop of our adventure; the magnificent mistress that is Paris. We jammed in as much as possible (too much if you ask Lewis) exploring and seeing some of Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 10, 2014
- Paris - 9/8/2014 Bike tour, Crepes, Eiffel Tower (night)9/8 - We have a boulangerie patisserie right across the street from our apartment - they have fresh pastries, fruit cups and all the fixin's. We had chocolate croissants, fruit and coffee for breakfast then walked over to Notre Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Corsica days 4-6By the fourth day in Corsica, we were ready to get really serious about outdoors activities, so we scheduled a “canyoning” excursion. For the uninitiated, canyoning involves moving down the path of a canyon through a combination of climbing, sliding, Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 9, 2014
- The joys of being in a new cityOur first full day in Paris didn't start particularly early! Probably no surprise there. We dragged ourselves out of bed having slept very well and prepared for a leisurely stroll for brunch at a nearby cafe.
Simply being in a new Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 8, 2014
- Paris - 9/7/2014 Ice Cream, Le Coupe Chou, Notre DameSorry this update is late, I'm running a day behind! Too much to do and see!
9/7 - Last morning in London, grabbed a quick breakfast at the hotel then scurried off to the Underground with our 2 suitcases, 2 Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- Paris 2014===Les deux sœurs voyagents ensemble à Paris===
Our second trip to Paris had us joining Laura and Michael for 2 days. They visited for 5 days but over the weekend we were able to show them some of our favourite sites Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Sep 7, 2014
- VilleFrance We cruise in to VilleFrance this morning. We head up to the buffet and have a quick look and realise it just is not the place to eat. We then go to Blu, a healthy alternative restaurant that Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 7, 2014
- The International Experience!I have time to actually sit down and write a post this morning, but I'm planning on going downtown today to go all super-tourist and take a bunch of pictures so you all can see a bit of Besançon. Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 7, 2014
- We made it!We left Bamawm at 7:10am and arrived in Paris at 6:50am. Almost 32 hours of travel (20 in the air) sees us in Paris. Still chuckling to ourselves every time we think of it.
The two flights were very smooth with Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 6, 2014
- Destination Paris....We arrived at the airport with heaps of time up our sleeve. We settled in for a late breakfast and sat and relaxed for the first time in weeks (or so it has seemed)
Bon was pretty impressed at the size Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 6, 2014
- Final leg to UKWe decided to do the Luxembourg, Belgium and France over night as this is less inspiring than Italy and Switzerland we had a few hours rest in Luxembourg until some Chavs decided to do their sound off's from their Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Sep 6, 2014
- Le Sud 4Orange has one of the last active roman theatre. Opera, plays and concert are performed to this day.
The wall is 2000 years old and still standing after invasion and war! how crazy is that?
After the visit we had diner in Posted by mcgoubi in The Foodies | Sep 5, 2014
- Swimming in the AtlanticNothing drove home the fact that we were across the ocean than swimming in the Atlantic. On Sunday, we spent the day at the Famous beach in Biarritz, France. It was huge! I took too many photos. The beach had Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 5, 2014
- A Weekend in the SouthDisclaimer: Just to clear up any confusion, due to having limited internet access while I was in France and Spain, these entries are being posted despite having already returned to the states. They were written already, but adding the photos Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 5, 2014
- Friday was our last chance to see AvignonIt was our last full day in France, and we didn’t rush at anything too quickly.
The girls wanted a last minute bit of shopping and Marg traipsed round after them. Meanwhile, I took a trial run out to the train Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 5, 2014
- Thursday we headed for the hillsToday was about exploring the region east of Avignon, renowned for hilltop villages, lavender, vineyards and olive groves.
We were in the car and on the road by 10.00 am. Lunch and grapes packed up for the day ahead.
We headed for Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 5, 2014
- From Paris With LoveWednesday
Ok, so Wednesday was my favorite day too lol! Why you ask? Because we got to see the Catacombes! Anyone who knows me, knows I love scary stuff. That explains why we proceeded to wait damn near 4 hours to Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 4, 2014
- France days 14-16 - Corsica days 1-3Alas, it is time for the final stage of our grand adventure: ten days in Corsica followed by Italy for two days (surprise - another country!) as we make our way back to Paris to fly home.
Corsica is an Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 4, 2014
- From Paris With LoveSunday
The first day in Paris was overwhelming. We got off the plane and made our way to Charlene's sisters place to freshen up briefly before we went to the Eiffel Tower. I was still trying to wrap my mind around Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 3, 2014
- First Morning Fog8 AM leaving Livenhac le Haut (near Decazeville) in the morning fog. Rolling hills reminds Vivian of Tuscany or Provence w/o olive trees or grape vines. Walking through single track paths, farm roads, narrow country roads on the GR 65 Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 3, 2014
- Wednesday we headed for the MediterraneanHi excitement. We’re off to the beach. Originally we thought we might go to Nice, but that’s 3 hours away, so we decided to just head for Marseille, just over an hour away.
We made our lunch, and headed south. We Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 3, 2014
- Three Days in BesançonI have had a bit of trouble with technology and wifi connections, so I apologize for the delay of my first post. I still don't have my own connection, so I am writing this in the library.
Starting Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 3, 2014
- Tuesday was explore Avignon dayToday was explore Avignon day.
The historic part of Avignon is totally enclosed by 4 km of city walls, located on the east side of the Rhone. Avignon and the east side of the Rhone were once ruled by Italy, Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 2, 2014