- One week down four more to go
The first week in Tours was a great beginning to my trip. Once I walked around Tours that first day I knew I was going to absolutely love it. I love the fact that when you walk around you Posted by meaganlallen3 in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 1, 2014
- On to the Loire ValleyUp early to get ready for our drive to Amboise. It was great seeing the beautiful sites in the Dordogne region, but now even more sites await us in the Loire. Said our goodbyes, loaded up the car Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 1, 2014
- Bordeaux or BustAn early day and a sad day as we bid our friends adieu. Jan and Dave are heading to Paris, while we have one more day here before heading to the Loire Valley.
We're starting the morning with a drive Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 31, 2014
- Pyrenees HistoryYesterday, we traveled near where pilgrims begin the Camino de Santiago and visited a French border-town as well as the tiny Spanish town of Roncesvalles. While only 25 people reside in Roncesvalles, the ancient churches and museum of history Posted by Kcarlson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 31, 2014
- Theatrical Farewell To FranceOur last morning we headed out on a looooooong drive to our next hiking spot and ended up in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (an absolutely beautiful town surrounded by canals and mossy water wheels that looks like it belongs in Holland). After inadvertently Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | May 18, 2014
- Failures in Exercise, Successes in DrinkingWe started our first day in Orange with a sneaky illegal breakfast in our hotel. We're not supposed to eat in the rooms, it's "strictly forbidden" but we figure that surely that doesn't apply to cereal. Surely! After breakfast we Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | May 16, 2014
- Les Belle Villages de FranceAnother beautiful day for some touring. Today we will once again seek out the village of Curemonte. On our last trip through the area we couldn't find parking and access into the village. Today, we are on Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 29, 2014
- Forum updates May===[[http://planespotter.freeforums.org/index.php|Cobra spotter & travel forum]]===
[[http://planespotter1.jimdo.com/|Cobra spotter & travel Club homepage]]
[b] Posted by Odd-Arne in Forum updates | May 29, 2014
- Another journey undergroundBelieve it or not, we have actually seen most of the items on our itinerary. The remaining items either require a reservation that was not available or are too far away. So spontaneity kicked in and we decided Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 28, 2014
- Sunny day in the Dordogne means road trip.Woke up to thick fog in the valley, which would make driving somewhat treacherous.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/410513/7ABB978D Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 28, 2014
- end of part 1 of the tour dataSo stats for the last 7 weeks..to mark the end of part 1 of the tour ..
Distance: 3701km / 2200miles
Total ascent : 46,541m / 152 693 ft
Hours in the saddle: 170hrs
Dodgy WiFi today so that's all. will update more soon Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | May 28, 2014
- testlol Posted by pandala in pandala | May 28, 2014
- Rainy day in the DordogneEvery day can't be a sunny day - at least that's what they tell me. So on a rainy day, we decided to stay home where it was warm and dry.
[i Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 27, 2014
- Day 12Today us girls decide to leave earlier than the tour and enjoy the sites. We take the metro, which is only a couple of blocks from the hotel, and take it straight to the Champs-Elysee Clemenceau station. This is about Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 27, 2014
- First day at Institut de TouraineAfter a morning of introductions to the Institut de Touraine, presentations about the excursions, and a tour of Tours, the students found a nice spot for crepes for lunch. Personally, I never had a cheeseburger inside a crepe before. Posted by Ken Fridley in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 26, 2014
- Markers in Tours and PamplonaTours students, any of you see these markers around Tours?
Pamplona students, have you seen anything similar to this around Pamplona?
Anyone in Tours or Pamplona, do you know wh Posted by Ken Fridley in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 26, 2014
- Visiting Brantome and le Chateau de HautefortThough the weather forecast is iffy, we decided to take a drive to the town of Brantome and then play it by ear and maybe stop at the Chateau de Hautefort on the way home. Both are located to Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 26, 2014
- Market day in SarlatEach day has been such fun exploring and seeing so many interesting and beautiful sights. Today will be a shorter day of travels as we need to get back home to clean up for dinner. Our friends are Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 26, 2014
- Paris you are one of a kind! I don't think I could ever get sick of Paris. The streets of beautiful old 5 story terrace housing, the brasseries with people sitting facing out onto the street, the impeccable gardens, the insanely good pastries, the accent (I was Posted by Fi M in For the love of getting lost! | May 24, 2014
- Along the Vezere River ValleyToday we decided to go back, way back. How does 17,000 years ago sound? Cro-magnon men were painting on cave walls while their contemporaries were hunting and gathering food.
The Dordogne and more specifically, the Vezere River Valley is Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 24, 2014
- cannes, Monaco and Nice for one more nightToday was another rough day to wake up to. I needed breakfast because I had not eaten since lunch yesterday. Breakfast was Comprises of orange juice, a chocolate filled packaged croissant, and some dried bread biscuits with jelly. This morning Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | May 24, 2014
- Pre- Mid- and Final French ExamsToday I administered the unofficial program language pre-test at La Souris Gourmande, a nice traditional French restaurant. I don't know what Gourmande means, but I am pretty sure La Souris means The Mouse. Anyhow, everyone struggled with the Posted by Ken Fridley in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 24, 2014
- A day of fascinating findsSo we took the rainy day and rested up so that we could be ready when the sunshine returned. Today we are going to visit three completely different sites and hopefully have a day of fun and an evening Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 23, 2014
- A week in the Dordogne...[center][/center]
Sometimes when you arrive at a new destination it takes a while to feel comfortable, others times you feel right at home on arrival. As soon as we arrived at the stone c Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | May 23, 2014
- Team France is in ToursThe host moms met their Alabama kids at the train station. The host moms were masters at getting the luggage and people all to fit in their cars. We meet tomorrow (Saturday) at 11:00 in front of the Posted by Ken Fridley in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 23, 2014