- Le Premier JourToday was an eventful day but short, as we woke up quite early due to the body clock being thrown out!
We started of by getting our tickets for our next destination (Toulouse) that was an adventure in its self since Posted by abirckel in The World | Dec 8, 2012
- Lessons learned1. Make sure you have more than 2 hours between connector flights, unless you want to have an anxiety ridden flight! I was delayed for more than an hour leaving Edmonton, and we arrived at the airport after Posted by kwtraumer in We are family | Dec 8, 2012
- Falling in love with Marseille At first blush Marseille can leave you wondering about where exactly it's reputation comes from. After the dizzying beauty of Paris, many of Marseille's building look a tad shabby, the graffiti tags prevalent throughout some districts add to the ghetto Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 7, 2012
- nieuil l'espoir to gente (for cognac)friday: had a nice lie in this am, we were cold and it rained hard all night, so not much sleep!
it was pretty quiet at the aire, only one other van (english) there.
once we had got up the weather Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Dec 7, 2012
- A Sweet SoiréeThe show in Nantes was our best one so far. Excellent sound and a good audience of over three hundred which made the venue full but not crowded. Everyone seems to be hitting their musical stride. We are playing together Posted by Amanda Brown in The Apartments Tour | Dec 7, 2012
- Another View . . . Thank goodness for aeroplanes, they are amazingly useful, but really, a very boring way to get from one place to another. For the first twenty minutes I am usually excited about getting 30 000 feet off the ground in Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 6, 2012
- le sap to nieuil l'espoirthursday: had a busy old time at the aire last night - with things in the van going wrong!
the elec kept switching off, so our trusty little heater didn't work....(we only saw the note attached
to the services machine in Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Dec 6, 2012
- Wandering the streets of Marseille
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
On our journey through France we have been in Marseille for three days. While that is not near enough time Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 6, 2012
- Marseille - unexpected pleasures'Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but if you will sit down quietly, may alight on you' - Nathaniel Hawthorne
After the excitement of Paris, our two day trip down to Marseille was initially Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 5, 2012
- Turkey Day Sans TurkeyHappy late Thanksgiving everyone! We hope you all got to spend some time with your families and enjoyed the time off. We turned our Turkey Day into Moules Day here in Dijon. Since obviously the French don't celebrate our cherished Posted by ValandTom in Don't eat that Kebab! | Dec 5, 2012
- folkestone to le sap (via abbeville)wednesday: extremely successful day yesterday, pretty much everything that needed to get done
got done! (even managed to hug the three legged cat from next door - a definate highlight of
early start today as booked on ferry 10.15am. arrive Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Dec 5, 2012
- We Could Get Used To It HereToday we are in Nantes, about 3 hours west of Paris. A university town, an historical town, an arty town. We are playing at Stereolux, located in a cool complex with Les Machines de L'Ille who make the amazing gigantic Posted by Amanda Brown in The Apartments Tour | Dec 5, 2012
- Paris We left Paris after a whirlwind four days. Where to start? A recording session at French national radio in a 70's building reminiscent of the old ABC studios. Being scattered like seeds in the wind to stay with our respective Posted by Amanda Brown in The Apartments Tour | Dec 5, 2012
- How to start this trip?First of all, spend some time looking at website online about Costa Rica. You will find plenty of them.
Next, buy a good guide book, such as Lonely Planet. For French reader, there is no Guide du Routard about the Costa Posted by arnoBzh in Tico trip | Dec 4, 2012
- Pyramid Moments in Paris"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" - Alfred Lord Tennyson
My step-mum tells a story of when she and my dad were travelling through Egypt a few years ago. They were at the Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 3, 2012
- Paris: Hot Chocolate, Pickpockets and the Mona LisaSo four days in Paris and there are a few things first time visitors should know.
1. The Hot Chocolate here is amazing.
2. Paris is beautiful.
3. English is widely spoken, but it pays to learn Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Dec 2, 2012
- Videos of the Eiffel Tower for Georgia :-)
Posted by pennells in Europe Trip 2012 | Dec 2, 2012
- ParisWell I now understand what all the fuss is about with Paris!
After a nightmarish departure from Africa we arrived a day late, unfortunately. But we did actually arrive in the end, fortunately! Cos we weren't sure for a while Posted by zburgman in Around the world in 79 days | Dec 2, 2012
- Exploring in ParisEver since I was a wee lass I have had a thing for Paris ... don't know why, it's just always been a place of interest to me. Many years ago my grandparents did the Europe trek and asked Posted by pennells in Europe Trip 2012 | Dec 1, 2012
- la suze sur sarthe to le harvesaturday: woke up very cold in the van....but to a lovely view.
another lateish start as short journey today. packed up, usual drill, and onto the road by
was bright to start but very soon in thick fog....about an hour of that Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Dec 1, 2012
- pons to la suze sur sarthefriday: slept well, nice and quiet at the campsite.
p had to move the van before breakfast - to let one of the other english vans out - a big one,
couldn't manoeuvre past us!!
had decided to stay at the campsite until Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Dec 1, 2012
- Delayed flights and the meaning of life on the way to Paris'Don't panic' - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams' outstanding trilogy in five parts, identified the answer to the question 'what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?' is 42.
When Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in A Very Gladwin Adventure | Nov 30, 2012
- Gastromique!Last night Manu and the 49 Swimming Pools organized a blind wine tasting for us. Blind folded as opposed to inebriated although no doubt some people were afterwards. Fabien proved to be the champion, identifying 4/4 wines correctly. Naturally the Posted by Amanda Brown in The Apartments Tour | Nov 30, 2012
- about cars ... Being the petrolhead I am i thought I keep the car spotting sillyness to a separate post on here.
London had so many nice cars. Continental GT's and Flying Spurs everywhere, Rolls Royces etc etc. Heaps of porsches and a smattering Posted by pennells in Europe Trip 2012 | Nov 29, 2012
- six months on the road....well, its hard to believe i know, but its been 180 days - 6 months - since we started 'our motorhome
adventure', and we have absolutely LOVED it!
its hard to summarise everything we have done, everything we have seen, and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Nov 29, 2012