On Tuesday m Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jul 13, 2015
- Taize: how can I describe the experience?We left Taize this afternoon. I don't have words to fully describe the experience. I don't have words. I have a swelling heart and tears in my eyes writing this. No pictures in this blog - I took plenty but Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 12, 2015
- Friends, family,a wedding and a road trip-Part 2From Pozzuoli, where we stayed inhaling the sulphurous humours of the Campi Flegrei, we drove along the Tyrrenhian Coast till it became the Ligurian, staying in a little jewel of a town named Talamone, perched since time immemorial on a Posted by railea1 in Italy By Choice (IBC) | Jul 12, 2015
- Goodbye Country ThreeI am an American, but it seems that places in France want to imitate American styles. But why do they seem to select such odd ways?
For example, this sign Senior Solutions with window displays for all sorts of infirmities. Why Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 12, 2015
- Country Three - ImagesThis listing will include photos to show why everyone loves Paris.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/My_Studio_Apartment.jpg caption=My Studio Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 12, 2015
- Arles to DijonThe departures were a little staggered. The Amblers and Stella left just after 8am. Hugs all round. We left just after 9am, another round of hugs. Team Hyundai headed to Arles, to try to complete the van Gogh trail we Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 12, 2015
- Friday villa finaleOur final full day at the villa. Sigh! Suskia had worked out a walk, and two car loads headed away shortly after 9am. The area was about 30mins drive, called Le Colorado, provençal de Rustrel, and was an old ochre Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 12, 2015
- Country Three - Paris
My third time in Paris, so I must finally visit the [[http://www.louvre.fr/en|Louvre]].
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/The_Perfect_Tour Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 12, 2015
- Cote D'Azure6 June Left the relative luxury (and interesting use of swimming pool) of Sanary behind and caught a train via Toulon to Nice. Went to pick up hire car and then spent 30 minutes walking around a multi-storey Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Jul 11, 2015
- Provence ThursdayNo rest for the wicked, back on our vdB tour of Provence today. (as it is just too much fun to miss) We breakfasted about 9am, then headed out, en masse, to another couple of nearby towns. First up was Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 10, 2015
- Avignon festivitiesFinally, we had a divergent group plan today. After a late breakfast together, two cars went for a tiki tour of some nearby towns. Pete and I, plus Shaun and Amalia stayed behind, and just chilled by the pool. Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 10, 2015
- Arles adventureAnother stonking Provence day greeted us. I had a quick swim to wake up – what a great way to start the day. Our outing today, was to our local village, via an Abbey. The Abbey Notre Dame de Sénanque Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 10, 2015
- Bonne MondayAfter a restless hot night, our 7am alarm was a bit rude. Still, I got up and had a cooling morning swim! What luxury. We prepped breakfast and did the dishes, and were ready for our days adventure by 9am. Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 10, 2015
- Country Three - ParisSome of you might recall I visited Chattanooga, Tennessee and[[http://pcotterlyroadtrip.travellerspoint.com/104/| Couch Surfed with a fine fellow named Tom Gardner]]. In case you missed it, he also posted this [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8tMziteZM Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 9, 2015
- PARIS[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/730573/90_image.jpg thu Posted by AndreMorais in All Around the World | Jul 8, 2015
- Sunday market in ProvenceThe concept for the week was that Anamarika had outlined an itinerary which we could elect to do or not do. There were three cars, so some flexibility. However, first day, we all went together. We arranged to breakfast at Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 8, 2015
- Meeting up with the v.d.B'sTime to change it up.
Our train wasn’t until midday, so I did some exploring of the shops, while Pete chilled out in the room, after our courtyard breakfast. Even managed to buy an outfit! It was piercingly hot on Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 8, 2015
- Final bike day to SeteLast day, but longest one. From 39 km per day previously, we had to do 52km. So, getting lost and adding 2km to our day wasn’t a great start. Still, we got to see the nine locks and aquaduct Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 8, 2015
- Taize: Hallelujah, we're here!Emmy and I are into our 3rd day at the Taize Community. My phone is in flight mode, only used for pics and the time and this is the first time that I have opened my tablet. That's the power Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 7, 2015
- Country Three - FranceAfter jumping the barge, I spent a day and a night in[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Charit%C3%A9-sur-Loire| La Charities sur Loire]] wandering through the town and the church in the morning while it was cool.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/51 Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 6, 2015
- Tres Bon, Tres BonHaving arrived with time to spare for my ferry, I felt indulging in a large haddock and chips was an apt way to say 'farewell England'! Especially with the many miles which lay ahead. The ferry arrives in Dieppe at Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Jul 6, 2015
- Out and About in ParisFor those of you that are worrying that my walking and training for the 60k walk is dropping off, please stop worrying. We are averaging about 12-15k a day around the streets of Paris. Ian is falling asleep Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 6, 2015
- Country Three - AfloatAh yes, it was a fine barge - Over 50 feet long and about 15 feet wide. (Compare to England: Over 70 feet long and 7 feet wide)
[img=htt Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 4, 2015
- Bezieres and wine tastingOk, day three was a bit harder to start. Still, a French breakkie at the hotel helped. We stopped at Les Halles, the market, after our scrummy breakfast at the gorgeous hotel. Amazing place. We bought some quiche, and Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 3, 2015
- All go to NarbonneMan, did we sleep well. Fresh air, cycling, and some great wine. Magic sleeping formula. Pete did groan to think of another 39 km today. But, not really. We had a nice breakfast, before hitting the canal once more. A Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 3, 2015