- Paris DeuxJust photos today of Paris and some of a tiny electric car made by Renault the Twizzy.. Much easier getting around today after the weekend rush. Staff in the local Carrefour are much less friendlier than last te Perhaps, Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 17, 2013
- Paris Woke today to find a bright blue sky and really great weather. We went for a short walk in the morning before Mieke, (Jill's cousin) arrived to spend sometime with us. What did we discover? The La Parisienne Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 16, 2013
- Sarlat to Rocamadour - long, hard slog on Sofia & Fonsi
Saturday 14th Sept 13 (day 14)
We woke up at 8ish, showered got dressed in our bum pants (aka padded bike pants) had a coffee/tea then coasted down to the supermarket at about 9ish. B Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Sep 15, 2013
- Bergerac to Sarlat - easy trip on the train
Thursday 12th Sept (day 12)
It's overcast and dull today, but hopefully it will not rain. Our last day in Bergerac as this afternoon we catch a train to our next destination: Sar Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Sep 15, 2013
- 130604: Paris: Musee d'Orsay===Musée d'Orsay===
In the late morning SR and I caught the RER to the Musée d'Orsay. Because we had the Paris Pass (includes the Paris Museum Pass), we got through the line quickly and got in free. We still had to Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130602: 1. Montmartre: Place Blanche to Moulin Radet===Finding Amélie===
The heading above refers to the film Amélie, which was set in Montmartre. Today's trip to Montmartre would be partly spent looking for places that were seen in that movie, but it wasn't the main purpose of the trip.
----- Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130531: 1. Bordeaux - LeognanI woke up feeling better but still kind of sick. I managed to eat some leftovers from the day before, and then take a shower. Too bad I wasn't in the mood to eat as they had a pretty nice Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130530: 1. Bordeaux - Margaux, MédocHere are some pics of breakfast at Château Meyre:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/60 Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130529: 1. London to Paris (and on to Bordeaux)===Eurostar from London to Paris===
Today we traveled from London to Paris on the [[http://www.franceinlondon.com/media/pictures/FilUserFiles/eurostar%20st%20pancras.jpg|Eurostar]] (a high-speed train similar to the French TGV). We took the first one of Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- Paris is not PlayschoolThe journey on the Eurostar was a little underwhelming. Perhaps, we expected a little more. But it was very efficient and it all went without a hitch. A bit like flying but you have to load your Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2013 | Sep 15, 2013
- Paris in the Rain [i]Gil: This is unbelievable! Look at this! There's no city like this in the world. There never was.
Inez: You act like you've never been here before.
Gil: I don't get here often enough, that's the problem. Can you picture how drop Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 13, 2013
- A day in Paris!Cam:
Saw the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe, and went for a boat ride on the River Seine. There was a lot of bridges. Ate frogs legs for the first time.
Our first day in Paris was exhausting / discombobulating Posted by cam-shell in Paris is just the beginning... | Sep 12, 2013
- BERGERAC - it's French
Tuesday 10th Sept 13 (day 10)
This morning we woke to sunny part blue sk Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Sep 12, 2013
- HELLO FRANCE! First stop Bergerac
Monday 9th Sept 13 (day 9)
We woke up early to a sunny day, looks like Holland is putting on a happy face for our departure. Our bags were packed thanks to a little organisation la Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013/14 TRIP NOW COMPLETE | Sep 12, 2013
- ElsewhereThe Eurostar and the TGV deposited us in Nancy on a grey drizzly afternoon. It is never a good thing to e deposited anywhere on a grey drizzly afternoon and it is all so FOREIGN.
However, we are acclimatising and Jamie Posted by sallysleigh in Sally and Jamie in Oxford and elsewhere | Sep 9, 2013
- mamers to calaissunday: p popped to town on the scooter yesterday aft., to see if he could get the wifi sorted,
but no luck, we had to use FON (not too bad).
we were all alone at the aire last night, no Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Sep 8, 2013
- 36 Hours in Paris !If you have a short time in Paris Amazing Paris view can be in your camera with long walk Of course, morning, noon or evening walk according to get you started the route changes, it's up to Posted by TATLIGEZGIN in TatliGezgin | Sep 7, 2013
- parthenay to mamerssaturday: slept well at the aire, it was v. quiet.
one other van turned up quite late, french.
some spots of rain on the roof early on woke us up, but then we got up a bit later than normal; cloudy Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Sep 7, 2013
- lescar to parthenayfriday: managed to get the shopping yesterday, but forgot the pharmacy (no big deal).
p worked for a bit.
big storm rolled in late eve, lots of thunder and lightening, not much rain though.
up early as on the move, woke to gloomy Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Sep 6, 2013
- Best laid plans testedI planned to find a Paris market today. Preferably a flea or antiques market, not a food market (my body can't take any more croissant or pastry). Instead my French teacher announced that we would have a test tomorrow. With Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 5, 2013
- Berthillon / Day 3 in ParisMy routine in Paris seems to be settling in. 3 hours of French lessons every morning ( including a bizarre phonetics class in a recording studio setup ; more on that later). After class today I decided to get my Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 4, 2013
- Monday Idyll or Idle Monday Ah oui Paris! I skipped class today to spend a day of just eating, reading and sitting out in the sun. It felt like just the sort of break I needed. I am living in the 14th district of Paris Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 2, 2013
- koln to lescar (for pau)sunday: while sitting in the van yesterday aft., waiting for a short rain shower to pass by, we got some really
bad news rel. p’s dad.
he’d been taken ill on the journey back to spain and was in hosp. in Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Sep 1, 2013
- Paris Day 4 - August 27th (Recovered!)*This post describes August 27th 2013, from which the post was accidentally deleted, my patents managed to partially recover most, while I rewrote the rest. Enjoy!*
Today was a long one, and it's 11 at the time of me starting this. Posted by adventureguyben in Europe Trip 2013 | Aug 29, 2013
- Paris Day 5 - Last full day! August 28th*This post describes August 28th, 2013*
What a view! We went to the very tippy top of Eiffel Tower, and the view was magnificent! Here's one angle:
And another (Sa Posted by adventureguyben in Europe Trip 2013 | Aug 29, 2013