- Different kinds of beautyI am lying in bed in a fisherman's cottage in Normandy, having visited Monet's Garden yesterday and memorials of war today. The shutters are closed, the window is open, and the night air holds a slight chill. We are not Posted by apostrophewoman in The Festival of Alison | Sep 13, 2014
- Corsica days 7-8Our last days in Corsica were spent making our way to Bastia, a city on Corsica's northeastern coast, in order to get the ferry to Italy. The upshot was seeing more of the Corsican landscape; however, as noted previously, it's Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 13, 2014
- Pilgrimage to NormandieLest We Forget - Quintessential Stories from the pages of 458 Squadron....................
The link above tells the story of six air crew who are buried at the Cherbourg Old Communa Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 12, 2014
- Paris - 9/12/2014 Notre Dame tour, Pompidu, night Louvre9/12 - Notre Dame (tour to the top, plus inside church), Pompidu (Museum of Modern Art), relaxing at Luxembourg Gardens, dinner at Le Petit Chaise and a walk around the Louvre at night. Tried to pick out a few Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- Being a tourist in Paris (part 1)There has been so much going on I realise there is the need to do some back tracking before I forget about Paris. So back to Monday and Tuesday and our adventures as Paris tourists.
The first thing to say is Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 12, 2014
- Paris - 9/11/2014 L'Orangerie, Luxembourg Grdns, St Chapelle(updated a bit - 9/12)
9/11 - 2 museums (L' Orangerie and Orsay), Luxembourg gardens and a concert inside Saint Chapelle.
L' Orangerie museum (Monet and Renoir)
Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- Paris - 9/10/2014 Louvre, Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe9/10 - Started our museum passes today with a trip to the Louvre, one of the largest museum's in the world! Spent a little over 4 hours at this fantastic massive museum, took a 90 minute guided tour (in Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- Paris - 9/9/2014 Eiffel Twr. (day), Sacre Couer, ChezCamille9/9 - try to make this quick. Another great day in Paris, we are now seasoned veterans on the Paris Metro jumping lines wherever we wish to go without problem.
Arrived early to Eiffel Tower and only waited 20 minutes Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 11, 2014
- Running in ParisMonday morning dawned and I decided it was time for a run.
When we first planned this trip I figured out it was just under 4 kms to the Eiffel Tower but I wasn't feeling that adventurous so I set of Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 10, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - ParisOur time in Paris made me realise how good the French have it. It is a foodies paradise! There were specialty food stores at every turn, markets more than once a week and so much variety.
As Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 10, 2014
- Au Revoir ParisSo we are currently on the train heading away from the first stop of our adventure; the magnificent mistress that is Paris. We jammed in as much as possible (too much if you ask Lewis) exploring and seeing some of Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 10, 2014
- Paris - 9/8/2014 Bike tour, Crepes, Eiffel Tower (night)9/8 - We have a boulangerie patisserie right across the street from our apartment - they have fresh pastries, fruit cups and all the fixin's. We had chocolate croissants, fruit and coffee for breakfast then walked over to Notre Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 10, 2014
- Corsica days 4-6By the fourth day in Corsica, we were ready to get really serious about outdoors activities, so we scheduled a “canyoning” excursion. For the uninitiated, canyoning involves moving down the path of a canyon through a combination of climbing, sliding, Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 9, 2014
- The joys of being in a new cityOur first full day in Paris didn't start particularly early! Probably no surprise there. We dragged ourselves out of bed having slept very well and prepared for a leisurely stroll for brunch at a nearby cafe.
Simply being in a new Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 8, 2014
- Paris - 9/7/2014 Ice Cream, Le Coupe Chou, Notre DameSorry this update is late, I'm running a day behind! Too much to do and see!
9/7 - Last morning in London, grabbed a quick breakfast at the hotel then scurried off to the Underground with our 2 suitcases, 2 Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- Paris 2014===Les deux sœurs voyagents ensemble à Paris===
Our second trip to Paris had us joining Laura and Michael for 2 days. They visited for 5 days but over the weekend we were able to show them some of our favourite sites Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Sep 7, 2014
- VilleFrance We cruise in to VilleFrance this morning. We head up to the buffet and have a quick look and realise it just is not the place to eat. We then go to Blu, a healthy alternative restaurant that Posted by CFCCEurope in Perth to Istanbul | Sep 7, 2014
- The International Experience!I have time to actually sit down and write a post this morning, but I'm planning on going downtown today to go all super-tourist and take a bunch of pictures so you all can see a bit of Besançon. Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 7, 2014
- We made it!We left Bamawm at 7:10am and arrived in Paris at 6:50am. Almost 32 hours of travel (20 in the air) sees us in Paris. Still chuckling to ourselves every time we think of it.
The two flights were very smooth with Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 6, 2014
- Destination Paris....We arrived at the airport with heaps of time up our sleeve. We settled in for a late breakfast and sat and relaxed for the first time in weeks (or so it has seemed)
Bon was pretty impressed at the size Posted by rca3561 in Vic and Rod's Northern Sojourn | Sep 6, 2014
- Final leg to UKWe decided to do the Luxembourg, Belgium and France over night as this is less inspiring than Italy and Switzerland we had a few hours rest in Luxembourg until some Chavs decided to do their sound off's from their Posted by Ni-Kath-travels in On the road | Sep 6, 2014
- Le Sud 4Orange has one of the last active roman theatre. Opera, plays and concert are performed to this day.
The wall is 2000 years old and still standing after invasion and war! how crazy is that?
After the visit we had diner in Posted by mcgoubi in The Foodies | Sep 5, 2014
- Swimming in the AtlanticNothing drove home the fact that we were across the ocean than swimming in the Atlantic. On Sunday, we spent the day at the Famous beach in Biarritz, France. It was huge! I took too many photos. The beach had Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 5, 2014
- A Weekend in the SouthDisclaimer: Just to clear up any confusion, due to having limited internet access while I was in France and Spain, these entries are being posted despite having already returned to the states. They were written already, but adding the photos Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 5, 2014
- Friday was our last chance to see AvignonIt was our last full day in France, and we didn’t rush at anything too quickly.
The girls wanted a last minute bit of shopping and Marg traipsed round after them. Meanwhile, I took a trial run out to the train Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 5, 2014