- A Month in Paris in WinterThe question of "what was I thinking" has occurred more than once. Why come to Paris in the dead of winter when I could have gone anywhere? I now have one answer to that question. I wandered Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 10, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterWhen I was teenager I bought a poster by an artist named Maurice Utrillo. I had never heard of him, but I was attracted to the style and the scene and the poster hung in my room until I Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 9, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterThe wind howling woke me. The shutter outside my terrace door was banging. It was late for me, but no wonder I slept in. It was still dark as night, raining and windy. Welcome to Paris Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 8, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterBy now you have heard about the terror attack on Charlie Hebdo in Paris yesterday January 7, 2015. I was out and about on my first full day in Paris. You see, Paris has two sales periods per Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 8, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterThe east coast of the US had a terrible winter in 2014. Freezing cold, lots of small snow storms. In other word, not fun. So this past summer, I decided to get away for the month of Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 8, 2015
- Île de Ré - France
Our love for the West Coast of France enticed us to journey further west and cross the Bay of Biscay to the island of Île de Ré.
The island is a favourite amongst locals looking for a f Posted by thegavens in Europe 2012 | Jan 2, 2015
- Days 153-158: Paris, FranceEnded up staying with someone who lives near the Arc d'Triomphe when I came into the city. Kinda cool. I met up with my old roomie, Alexandre, who lives in the north of the city. I hung Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- NiceNice was stunning! The sun was shining and the sky and the ocean were a brilliant blue colour. The white yachts looked picturesque against the blue. There were people fishing and even swimming (with no wetsuits!).
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by EmilyCains in Em & George Christmas 2014 | Dec 29, 2014
- MarseilleBoxing day we headed to Marseille on the train. In light of our feasting the day before, we opted for a “light” breakfast of a simple croissant at the station before we left. At around 12pm, we started carriage-hopping in Posted by EmilyCains in Em & George Christmas 2014 | Dec 29, 2014
- Our final stop ...Beautiful BordeauxGetting to Bordeaux could have been a real issue, two different train companies, walking to find the stations and still having to buy tickets. Luckily it wasn’t the case and the train change over went smoothly and without Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 28, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - Southern FranceOur time in southern France started in Nice. The Italian influence was evident everywhere. It was clear the few days we were there we were going to expand our Italian cuisine experiences.
[i Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 28, 2014
- BordeauxDuring the train journey to Bordeaux, we prepared by taking a refresher course in French language essentials. After arriving in France, to everyone’s surprise, including his own, George was suddenly a confident Spanish speaker, bursting out left right and Posted by EmilyCains in Em & George Christmas 2014 | Dec 27, 2014
- Chamonix ThanksgivingWe were fortunate to celebrate another Thanksgiving in the mountains of Europe in a beautiful chalet. This year the location was Chamonix, France, which resides in the eastern part of the country near the borders of Italy and Switzerland. We Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Dec 26, 2014
- To ParisAn early start, arrived safely in Paris and are through security. Flight appears to be on time, many tired students. Home soon. Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 22, 2014
- The SommeHello everyone,
We awoke this morning to cloudy skies and cool temperature. The good news is that it looks to remain dry for the second day in a row, something I think we’re all going to enjoy. We began our Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 21, 2014
- What has happened to the last two monthsHere it is, the 21st of December, which is a full two months and one day after leaving Melbourne and I am finally posting my first entry from France (what a lazy arse - lol)...
Well, quite a lot has Posted by klaust in Travels with my Self | Dec 21, 2014
- Majestic Traditional France - LyonWe arrived in Lyon to another funky apartment and awesome host. We were central yet again and could walk anywhere we needed too. We explored the central area and all the amazing shops. We happened to come across a protest Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 20, 2014
- Vimy Ridge and ArrasGood afternoon parents,
We had a big day today. The group packed enough belongings for 2 days and hit the road at 0845 for France. Our first stop was Canada’s national war memorial for WWI at Vimy Ridge. We explored Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 20, 2014
- THINGS THAT DON’T SOUND ANY BETTER IN FRENCH I wasn’t really planning to post today but I did find a few amusing things to share on my after work walk today.
In reality, work trips are not all that glamourous. I did leave the hotel at Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Dec 16, 2014
- The Charming MarseilleMarseille is yet another one of those places that's reputation isn't that grand. It's a port town that is renowned as a melting pot of ethnicities and unfortunately has a high unemployment rate. This means high crime and poverty to Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Dec 16, 2014
- One week in ParisParis is quintessential. The Eiffel Tower decorates people's bedroom walls, teenage girls envisage themselves in berets with red lipstick, fashionistas dream of the Champs d'Elysee. People pin their ingrained hope for beauty, for romance on the idea of Pa Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Dec 15, 2014
- JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICEBonjour mes amis
I think it goes without saying that sometimes my job is really great. Not only because it occasionally brings me to beautiful places in foreign countries but also because it allows an aviation geek like me to have Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Dec 15, 2014
- A month in FranceI didn't really know how long I would spend in France as I drove through on my way to Spain. The weather was hit and miss but as I got further south the weather seemed to get better until I Posted by mad4u27 in UK & Europe Tour | Dec 15, 2014
- Paris and Maastricht (sort of)Good evening everyone,
Saturday morning in Paris arrived and the weather hadn’t improved—still cool and rainy. We packed up our bags, ate breakfast and emptied our rooms (left our luggage in a locked room) before 8:00 this morning in preparation for Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 13, 2014
- ParisIt has been quite a couple of days. Everyone seemed to deal with the school bus cancellations well and the bus ride to Montreal was without incident, arriving in Montreal shortly before 4:00. It took quite a while to get Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 12, 2014