- ChauteauxYesterday after class, I finally went to a Kebab place! I had a Panini kebab (chicken) with fries. It was very good, and I definitely see what everyone is talking about now. Afterwards, Laura and I walked around into a Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 11, 2014
- LE BLANC TO MONTCET LES VIGNES, AINJune 7
Having been totally flaked out the previous day, we had a leisurely breakfast, and flopped out until after lunch. I had a lovely swim and it revived me no end. We went to Bourg en bresse, and Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 11, 2014
- French birthday kisses! I can't wait to start writing about Spain because I love it here so much but before I do here are the highlights of our last two stops in France.
I really liked Bordeaux! It's like a mini Paris but Posted by Fi M in For the love of getting lost! | Jun 11, 2014
- Day 6 - ParisWe all awoke around 5.30am with the dawn. During the night there had been hard rain and constant lightning for a period of an hour or so. Some of the party slept right in through it as they were so Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 10, 2014
- Day 5 - ParisArriving in Paris early Monday morning wasn't quite as exciting as we had all anticipated. The airport was old and dingy, and it felt like we came in the back door as there was no welcoming feel about it. Meren Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 10, 2014
- ParisWell here we are !!! Even though I have been here before our apartment is perfect surrounded by amazing shopping and eateries, Allan is in 7 th heaven pastry shop right next door. Early night as cycle tour Posted by Judy Marshall in Wainui Wanderers | Jun 10, 2014
- A tale of one city - ParisWoke to a beautiful day, perfect for taking in the sites of the city. Nice dinner planned this evening and even a little wine.
By our standards, we were up and ready early, had breakfast and were ready to take Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 10, 2014
- NEWQUAY TO ROSCOFF AND POITIERSWeds
Ferry very smooth again, which in that strange way made u wake more often! Not welcome was the loud music to wake you at 5.30. Grey and damp start to the day a and decks awash with water , considering Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 9, 2014
- Highlights from Day 1-4On Sunday, June 8 (Celeste's 23rd Birthday!), we went to the Louvre, Saint Chappelle, and finished the day with 6:30 mass at the cathedral Notre Dame. We had some good food, wine, and desserts, of course, too. Lots of walking...I Posted by Rmeurope14 in Randa's Summer in Europe | Jun 9, 2014
- Weekend in ToursFinally the weekend arrived! Friday after class, most of the group bought lunch from the Carrefour, a little grocery store, and we went by the Loire to eat. The weather was beautiful, and it was so nice and relaxing. Afterwards Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 9, 2014
- Raid Pyrenean day 2 -5Oh blimey..it's non stop.,no time for sitting about writing anymore it seems.
Let me do a recap of the raid before it gets too far away..already its blurry..due to either tiredness or just feeling the need to blank it from my Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 9, 2014
- Exile in ParisFor the last 23 years U.S. psychiatrists have been drugging the film maker, Carl Sanchez-Medina, claiming that Mr. Sanchez is very "ill" very "delusional." Over 100 psychiatrists and therapists have been insisting that Mr. Sanchez ha been"homeless," "slee Posted by Carl Sanchez in Paul Reveere Blog | Jul 30, 2013
- From the Loire to Paris Early morning wake up for our commute to Paris. Drive 100km to Orleans, then train ride back to Tours on the way to Paris. A little rest then a little wine.
Alarms went off at 5:50am as we had Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 8, 2014
- Hot day in the LoireWoke up to clear, blue skies. Predictions are for mid 80's and lots of sunshine. Hopefully the day will be nice everywhere as they are commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day invasion in Normandy.
Going to take a Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 7, 2014
- Paris and all of its wonderI woke up really early because the ticket I purchased for paris was at 9am. I didn't want to miss it so I woke up at 7 to start my walk to the train station. I got to the station Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | Jun 7, 2014
- lyon and restLyon to me was supposed to be just rest ans catching up. But patty had gave me a mission to see some sights that i didn't even think of checking out. One was the foruvrie then the park dotore and Posted by egarciafreites in Enrique and his eurotrip | Jun 7, 2014
- ahhh... Provence[center][/center]
This week we headed south to Provence. It seems that the further south you travel in France the more beautiful it gets. The village in which we stayed, Arles, is famous Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Jun 6, 2014
- Hanging around AmboiseWell today certainly is starting out much better than yesterday. The skies are bluer and the clouds are fewer. Good day for a walk.
Since we couldn't get dinner reservations at La Breche, we are going there for lunch Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 6, 2014
- First Nights Out!So Tuesday night was my first night out in Tours! A bunch of us met up at the institut and then walked to the square, which is a place with a bunch of bars. It was Adam's birthday, so we Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 5, 2014
- Raid Pyrenean mini updateSo I was going to update daily on the RP trip but lack of WiFi foiled that plan and I am now on the eve of my last day of the trip so that kinda went to pot. There is Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 5, 2014
- Rainy day in the LoireWe had our first complete rain out today. It was chilly and rainy and just not a day that we wanted to deal with - so we didn't.
Woke up to ominous looking skies and soon enough it started to Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 5, 2014
- King of the castle! I started my Intrepid tour on the 24th of May. We met in Paris and our first stop together was the city of Tours in the Loire Valley. Actually before I go on, I forgot to mention in my Posted by Fi M in For the love of getting lost! | Jun 9, 2014
- Beautiful chateaux in the LoireThe skies were overcast but the forecasters said the rain would hold off, so we decided to go visiting. A couple nearby chateaux were on tap, not that I didn't trust the weatherman.
We started out around 10:30 am for Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 4, 2014
- Exploring the LoireAnother bright, sunny day with blue skies beckoned us to explore and how could we say - Non?
We decided to to head west today to visit three very different locations. We started out for our farthest destination - The Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | Jun 3, 2014
- Settling in ToursAfter about 24 hours of travelling, I finally arrived in the beautiful city of Tours, France. The lady I am living with, Huguette, arrived at the bus to pick me up and take me back to her home. The house Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 3, 2014