- Montignac: A jump back into time and the silver screenEggplant
I'm going to be totally honest. I wouldn't have incorporated a visit to Montignac if it wasn't for my mom and Brian. A couple months ago, my mom saw an exhibit at The Field Museum about the Lascaux Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 11, 2014
- Lyon, Friday 11th July 2014Well here we are in Lyon, cannot believe we have already seen & done so much across the five countries so far & we are just at the half way point of our trip.
Thursday was spent driving from Zurich with Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 11, 2014
- One Day in LyonDoesn't quite have the same ring to it as "One night in Bangkok", but we had a glorious day today... albeit continuing with our not brilliant weather patterns, fortunately today was just cold and overcast, but no actual rain. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- Yesterday...Yesterday, Claire & Adam (pictured below), Celeste, & I, went to lunch at some little place we stumbled upon. It was really delicious! It was kind of a French-Italian fusion, like most places in Lyon. I had prawns with risotto Posted by Rmeurope14 in Randa's Summer in Europe | Jul 10, 2014
- New Classes and a Weekend in BordeauxAfter getting back from our week long vacation, our group came together on Monday to talk about the excursion we are going on in July and our new classes. However, we didn't get our class schedule or level until Tuesday Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- Sunday 6th JulyLittle bit of a lay-in today as breakie was from 8.
At 9 G went off with his transfer guys to Perpignan, a few independants slowly drifted off. Then at 10 I had all my stuff done. Hire bikes on Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 6, 2014
- Sat 5th JulyUsual morning up times though for the first time all the riders were in breakfast before we were..keen to get today..the last day and the one with the time limit...underway.
In theory I should have been back van today but as Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 6, 2014
- ProvenceWhen we began planning this trip, we knew we wanted to spend some time in the country but couldn’t decide where. So we decided that wine should be our guide. We went to the wine store and bought Posted by cottons in Keith and Megan's Travels | Jul 5, 2014
- ParisBon jour monsieurs and mesdames! Paris est un tres beau ville et plein d'amusement.
All of our pictures from the trip are on our [[https://www.flickr.com/photos/25318887@N03/sets/72157645521734921/|Flickr page]].
We were fort Posted by cottons in Keith and Megan's Travels | Jul 5, 2014
- Friday 4th JulyUsual morning timings, most people were on the road by 8, its a big day today..not in mile but in climbing but it is my favourite day of the raid. The very civilised col de port and the Pailheres and Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 4, 2014
- Thursday 3 July raid d306.00 wake up. Phone died again.useless thing.
06.45 down to the van for cereals and flaffing. 07.00 breakie.
People seem in a funny mood today. Little bit strange. Try and get them everything they need and keep them happy. Very slow start Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 3, 2014
- a weds 2nd July raid d206.15 alarm..or would be alarm if my battery wasn't buggered on my phone. Am sometimes very glad of my body clock which wakes me early when things like that happen.
07.00 ish breakie. Its misty any damp outside and todays riding Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 3, 2014
- Saignon to ParisWe travelled on the fast train from Avignon to Paris. This was interesting as the countryside whizzed by at a speed not seen on any train in Australia.
Busy would be the word that would best describe it! It was Posted by The Hitchies in Our great Euro adventure | Jul 2, 2014
- This WeekHello! We only have one class left, tomorrow, for our first session courses. The first half has gone by pretty quickly! We have seen and done so much already and there is much more to come! This week, we are Posted by Rmeurope14 in Randa's Summer in Europe | Jul 2, 2014
- Nice to ProvenceWe travelled/ up into the hills behind Nice to get to our accommodation. We just have one night here as I didn't think we would have time to find the next place before dark. This is a resort and has Posted by The Hitchies in Our great Euro adventure | Jul 1, 2014
- Tuesday 1st July Raid d106.15 alarm. Pre-coffee coffee
06.45 van flaffing, cereals out for breakie. More coffee. A few of the group are up early and already at breakie. Little bit of nervousness and anticipation in the air.
Group slowly gets stuff together and last few Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 1, 2014
- Monday 30th June raid d006.20 alarm
Head downstairs get some much needed coffee. Out to the vans with G (co-leader) to take hire bikes out of Shadowfax and onto the back of Frodo.
Vans all have names and colour coding: Frodo, big white van - blue; Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 30, 2014
- Les Vacances!On Monday, Laura and I left for a week long trip to London and Ireland. After a short flight to London, and then hopping on a train and the metro, we finally arrived at our hostel around 9:30 that night. Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 29, 2014
- Sweet ParisParting with Spain was difficult, having grown quite attached in just two weeks. But arriving in Paris was no picnic either - she did not make the transition easy for us. Putting aside the trials and tribulation of flying Posted by gihanandkala in Gihan travels with Kala 2014 | Jun 29, 2014
- Sunday 29th JuneSo I watched Gladiator..on video (how old skool!!) It was as good as I remember ..made me cry but that may have been the wine. Deleted yesterdays blog post by mistake so had to write it all over again. Damn Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 29, 2014
- Sat 28th JuneSlept very badly last night, more nightmares about clients, so it was difficult to work up the umph to go put for a spin. I probably should have made myself go but I didn't really have the energy for that Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 29, 2014
- Friday 27th Junedistance: 92km
Total ascent: 2500m
Hours in the saddle: 5hrs
Today the sun came out and seems to be staying out without the threat of the heavens opening! Finally! Though it is so muggy and hot I wish it would rain. Weirdly there Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 27, 2014
- Thursday 26th JuneSo today I did what has to be the most nerve wracking thing I have done so far on my whole trip....got my haircut! Not sure why it was so nerve inducing perhaps due to my hairdressing French not really Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 27, 2014
- Time to Catch UpOk, so it has been a little while. Seriously every day is so busy we are exhausted by the time we make it back to our rom. Anyway we are now down in Tarascon and tomorrow is our Posted by burgeea in France 2014 | Jun 26, 2014
- J-12It's J-12 and I've just found a way to create a private blog for our friends and family to be able to follow our travels. Laurent, Arthur and I will be giving you regular updates as we travel from Posted by Delia Garnier in Garnier Family USA Trip 2014 | Jun 26, 2014