- Out of Provence to Cap d'AntibesThe Mediterranean was calling to us. We left St Remy in Provence a day early so we could head to the sea. We were up and out by eight so we could spend the whole day at the Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 25, 2015
- DAY 143 - Sunday 20th September - Paris to MonsAfter not getting to sleep til midnight it was a lazy morning to wake up at as we've had a busy couple of days continually being on the run doing something. Mel i knew would probably need some sleep Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 26, 2015
- On our way to Santiago de Compostella Time to go ....we leave without a formal breakfast and are soon on the highway aiming first for Burgos and then Leon, where we will spend the night. The day is cool , cloudy and misty although Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 24, 2015
- Spent the Day on the Ramparts of Les BauxSpent our last day in Provence under a cloudless blue sky but the Mistral wind is blowing fiercely. The locals say the mistral blows for three days and then if it blows on the 4th day it will blow Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 24, 2015
- Airbnb A Cautionary TaleI don't do reviews on this site normally, but this is a cautionary tale of a negative experience I had with Airbnb and a specific host. I want to be clear. I know there are thousands of good hosts Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Sep 24, 2015
- .......Wine tasting and the San Mateo FestivalWell here we are in the Roja.....nice breakfast with 3 other couples and we are ready to start day.
This is the heartland of this wine making region and the early morning was alive with the sound of growling tractors Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 23, 2015
- Sur Le Pont D'AvignonFinally made it to a town square market day. St Remy holds theirs on a Wednesday so we were able to walk into town in the morning to experience it. People were streaming in from every Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 23, 2015
- St-Remy-en-ProvenceJust a quick update today. Made a circle tour of the small villages nearby. Many Roman ruins like Glanum, a city, then aqueducts, windmills and arches. St Remy is winding streets of small shops and restaurants. Very Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 23, 2015
- Il Pluie part llAll friggin day!
Stair rods for most of it. We did get out for a walk during a brief interlude in the afternoon, got wet on the way back though.
Tomorrow looks better for our ride into Switzerland, we'll Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 22, 2015
- Sunny!Off out on the bikes today, a circular route over some great roads around the Vosges, hopefully The 'RIDE' route we've downloaded will work ok.
Tour shirts on and ready to go.
Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 21, 2015
- From Spain to France for a Night.....Another crisp, sunny morning low of around 6 Celsius but expected to reach a high in the mid teens ..........not bad for the Haut Pyrenees.
No breakfast included so we were off and running Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 20, 2015
- Our First Glimpse of The Med!Yes. I fell in. Off the back of the boat.
One of the things they stress as you are getting your boat is to never swim in the canal, never even touch the water. All, and I mean all, the Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 21, 2015
- Socialising SundaySunny, sunny, sunny!............. Up late, A slow morning, breakfast & walked the dogs around the village, did I mention it was sunny and warm.
Off to a big family gathering for lunch at the home of Fabrice & Maxime, with Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 21, 2015
- Last day in ParisA lazy day today.
Vignesh left at 11 to fly to Aberdeen to start his uni for the year.
Justin and I went for a walk along a canal.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 20, 2015
- Viva la France!Only one stop in France but really a great one for Mum. Got the entire French experience - cafes, small lane ways and markets in Aix en Provence and grand boulevards in Marseille. Brilliant sunshine!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/403576/IMG_0304 Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 20, 2015
- ParisAfter a late breakfast at a great pâtisserie, we walked to the Père Lachaise Cemetery, which was a lovely walk.
A number of famous people are buried there, including Ocsar Wilde, whose monument is surrounded by glass, because of the practice Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- Descending the Seven Locks into BeziersTried to get off to an early start and then realized we were quite low on water. No showers for anyone until we rectified this oversight. With uncommon good luck we happened upon the small ville of Poihles, where Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- When in Paris don't forget to visit DisneylandThere's nowhere on earth where you can get away with being a big kid more than in Disneyland. Even if you don't want to go the whole way and sleep in a themed bedroom, have breakfast with a Disney Posted by Lovestotravel in Ramblings of an eternal traveller | Sep 19, 2015
- Il Pluie, Il PluieVery quiet here in Vagney in the Vosege Region, being in the forest and valley I supose we expected it to be a little damp at times. Well we're not disappointed, it's throwing it down!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700329/2015-09-19_08_22_56. Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 19, 2015
- VersaillesWe found a pratisserie for breakfast.
Then off to Versailles on the train.
The place is an obsenity of opulence, but the gardens are nice.
[img=http://photos.trave Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- On a lovely stretch of canal at Capestang The morning was delightful, just a gentle cruise under the very blue, cloudless sky without a lock or surly lockkeeper in sight. Brian got up early and beat Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- 4 Countries in one dayLeisurely get ready and breakfast at the hotel, all packed up and heading south by 10 am. Used the E25 through Eindhoven and on to Maastericht and Liege. Netherlands (1) into Belgium (2).
After a fuel stop it was on Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 18, 2015
- French DiseaseWednesday night I went to sleep with a bit of a sniffle. The next morning, I had a headache, stomach ache, watery eyes, runny nose, and sore throat. I was so confused as to what this was. I could hardly Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Sep 18, 2015
- Well onto Avignon....Well yesterday we went to Avignon and it is a fab city. We walked into the city from the riverside car park and then caught a little tourist train... God was it a bone shaker..but it took us all around Posted by Jansie in The Big Road Trip in Molly | Sep 18, 2015
- Homps et RetourHaving trouble with Internet service on the canal. I have written two pages now that didn't post. I don't think the pics are getting through either so please bear with me.
We reached Homps after a gentle trip Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 17, 2015