- Arles: Looking for Van Gogh===Arles===
When I think of Arles, I think of Van Gogh and his painting "Cafe Terrace at Night", and that was what I was hoping to find... I did find some of that here, but not too much. Here is a Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 16, 2016
- Carcassonne City===Carcassonne City===
As I was coming back from the laundromat, I came across Square Gambetta, just across the street from the Museum of Fine Art. This square had a wonderful mix of sculptures, some of children others of nude women in Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 16, 2016
- Carcassonne Castle===Carcassonne Castle ===
My trusty steed Juke Nissan brought me from Lourdes to the Carcassonne Castle unscathed and I immediately began exploring this wonderful domain. As you can see by the sky, it was a wonderful and DRY day. This Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 16, 2016
- Tongue-tiedI can't seem to get over the way young people here don't offer their seat to older people on the bus. Now, I'm not just saying that because no one is offering me a seat -- I feel well enough Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 16, 2016
- French FilmsI was so full from Sunday's lunch that I skipped supper that night and didn't eat until Monday noon. This is my new diet regime. Stuff myself and then don't eat for a day. Wonder how it's going to work Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 15, 2016
- Stopping on Aire's and Churches abound plus rip off wineWell yesterday all 3 of us did nothing. Graham and Poppy slept for about 3 hours, I too had a snooze but it was so hot and stifling Silly me then went and made Cajun Chicken for tea, just to Posted by Jansie in Here We Go Again | Sep 15, 2016
- Avignon to ArlesDear All
So after sailing for most of the night, we ended up on the outskirts of Avignon and cheerfully dumped overboard onto buses so we could hunt out some Truffles. Well not exactly, but you get the picture I'm sure. Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 15, 2016
- LourdesSome people's pilgrimage ends at Lourdes, but mine starts here. I picked up my trusty steed "Juke Nisan" and headed out on the highway to Lourdes. It is a skittish little beast with 6 speeds (plus a hidden reverse) and Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 14, 2016
- Hiking and Eating, Two of My Favorite SportsSunday was a really enjoyable day. We set out in the morning for La Bresse, a small village of 5 000 about 100 km away, where both Myriam and Thierry grew up. Her parents and his father still live there Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 14, 2016
- Bordeaux===Bordeaux ===
While Freiburg was bright and multi-coloured, Bordeaux is a study in understated elegance. At first glance when you look at the buildings you see gray stone (or beige if it's been cleaned) and iron balcony railings. Nothing really catches Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 14, 2016
- BORDEAUX: Monument aux Girondins===Monument aux Girondins===
If you know me by now, you know that I love a good fountain with dramatic statuary! I love intense facial expressions and the implied action and struggle of the characters. Most of all, I love that they Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 14, 2016
- Avignon and western Provence part II===Tuesday's market was in Vaison-la-Romaine, not far from the area we had covered the previous day. This pretty town spans both banks of the river Ouvèze, and contains some well-preserved Roman ruins. The market was in the modern town on Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Sep 13, 2016
- Avignon and western Provence part I===Our goal for our stay in Avignon was to visit a different farmer's market every day of the week and to explore as many of the surrounding small towns as we could. That meant getting up every day at seven Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Sep 12, 2016
- What a week that was....So much has happened since I last did this blog… We have left the Walkers today but have spent a really good week with them all be it they lived up to their names …. oh and did they make Posted by Jansie in Here We Go Again | Sep 12, 2016
- Lyon to TouronHello Dear Readers
Hope all are well.
Finally I'm able to take a breath without coughing up my lungs and any other content which might be on offer. This bug really knocked the bejeezus out of me. But am rallying now and Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 12, 2016
- I Hate FrenchI hate French. I mean, I really hate it. There are so many tenses; the conjugations are hard to remember; and the past participles, so varied. And the pronunciation -- egad, I sound so flat and harsh to my own Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 12, 2016
- End of the WeekThis morning, once we had readied the clothes section of Emmaus for the public, we moved onto the shoes. As I was distributing footwear to the various areas, I saw a couple of pairs priced for 100 euros ($150)! This Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 12, 2016
- Last day in MarsailleWell 1,463 photos later, I have reached my last day in Marseille. I am leaving at 5 am tomorrow morning to get the high speed train to the airport then I'm leaving France.
The first two photos are for my Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 11, 2016
- Hot MarsailleWell, I hate to say it, but the in excess of [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 10, 2016
- LyonDear Readers
Apologies for not being in contact for a day or two and not keeping up with the blog thingo!!
So, where to start.
We arrived back in Paris early AM Thursday 8th. I was feeling a little under the weather, Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 10, 2016
- It's Not Just MeI spent much of the day with Myriam, doing typical Mom things like running errands and being chauffeur. This woman spends a lot of her time planning meals, buying food, preparing ingredients, freezing fruit, cooking and completing after-meal clean up. Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 10, 2016
- Bus EtiquetteWednesday saw me on the morning bus bound for Emmaus once again. This time the driver was a young man, with earbuds firmly planted in his ears, who was still able to provide a quick 'Bonjour.' Things are looking Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 10, 2016
- MarseilleI have been exploring Marseille a little. First the Old Port (which is pretty modern!) and then one of the older parts of town, the Panier. This area is having a resurgence and is becoming very arty now.
Oh, Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 9, 2016
- RandonnéeAs Tuesday dawned bright and sunny once again, I decided a 'randonnée' was in order. The family had been talking about Nico showing me the Plateau de Ludres; however, Nico has gone and sprained a ligament in his foot Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 8, 2016
- Languedoc outward bound: Albi===Our next destination in France was Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, a tiny village two hours to the north of Toulouse in the Causses du Quercy Natural Park with a reputation as one of the most beautiful towns in the region. We parked at Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Sep 8, 2016