- The Flood and the SourceWhen I arrived in Avignon it was raining. In fact it had been raining heavily all night and I suspected it would continue for another. So, in the gloom of the afternoon, having followed a veritable maze of busy roads, Posted by anomad in European Nomad | Jan 24, 2014
- A l'arrache: definitionÀ l'arrache is a french expression, it means "doing something without planning, in a careless way, hastily, ...". This is more or less a way of life for some people. Even though I earn a living as a guide in Posted by letrip in surfalarrache | Jan 24, 2014
- The Hilltop Villages of the LuberonWhen Peter Mayle spent his year in Provence, he lived in the hilltop village of Menerbes and it is here that I start my tour of the Luberon Valley. I understand that during the summer months it can be crowded Posted by anomad in European Nomad | Jan 24, 2014
- New ResolutionsAt the beginning of each year, people all over the world make a new resolution for the year.
Posted by helenagrace in Excuse my French | Jan 22, 2014
- Amiens / Ypres - Wednesday, 20 July 2011Cool, cloudy and drizzly
First call this morning was Bancourt to see where Julie's uncle was buried.
[center][img=http://pho Posted by gaddingabout in WW1 Battlefield Tour - France & Belgium | Jan 11, 2014
- Amiens - Tuesday, 19 July 2011Overcast, drizzly and cool.
Met an Australian couple at breakfast, Barry and Ann from Adelaide. They had Vegemite too! (We always take a jar of Vegemite with us when we travel the world.) Breakfast was nice. Juice, Posted by gaddingabout in WW1 Battlefield Tour - France & Belgium | Jan 11, 2014
- Kuala Lumpur / Paris / Amiens - Monday, 18 July 2011Our flight finally took off with not many passengers on board, so everyone moved seats and Phil was able to sleep all night on a row of five seats. The food was good but they didn't hand out any Posted by gaddingabout in WW1 Battlefield Tour - France & Belgium | Jan 11, 2014
- Au Revoir PareeFeeling like Robert Langdon, we zipped to Orly in a white Peugeot hatchback. We got the cab at Republique after we bought our morning pan au chocolates and mini-fluffy, perfectly-airy, wish-we-got-the-whole-bag donuts and cold medicine for Matthew.
And Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 31, 2013
- Libertè, Egalitè, Beyoncé Paris is not an early to rise city. Dawn doesn't break until 8:30 in the winter. Neither does its people. Our apartment window is more for aesthetics than function, so we can't get a sense of the weather from inside. Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 27, 2013
- Is It Number 1, 2, or 3?With some of our Must-sees checked off The List, today we wanted to Just-be. Paris is beautiful and fun and fabulous and masterpiece-filled and lively (well, aside from the morning hours) and constantly moving - need to see those must-sees! Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 30, 2013
- Butter CologneWe stopped at Cafè Leonard around the corner for a cafè and some morning second-hand smoke as we sat outside. In some weird way I almost like the smoke; it proves I am far from home. Euro bathrooms also remind Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 28, 2013
- Did You Just Fall Asleep?Over a vin chaud m was making a point. Halfway through it...
M: I forgot what I was going to say... (As his eyes closed for several seconds)
L: Did you just fall asleep?
Soon after, we did and had set the alarm Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 25, 2013
- A New Year in ParisParis, the City of Lights. Also a city of long queues, dirty streets, smokers everywhere, a foreign language. I loved every minute of it.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632527/B22703552219AC6817F539995AA4F71A.jpg caption=Family selfie @ Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Jan 4, 2014
- Already Starting a List of "Next Times"
At our wine and cheese lunch, we learned about Appellation. It's a French system Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 30, 2013
- PostscriptumDa jeg fortalte at jeg tog på juleferie i Colombia, tror jeg en del uvilkårligt fik sådanne billeder på nethinden:
(Telenovela - fra salsabaren i Cartagena)
Bogot Posted by MiaMuenster in Postkort fra Colombia | Jan 3, 2014
- This Isn't It, Is It?Ready to tackle our twelfth stick of butter, we had a quick raisin pastry and croissant and a cafè and off to stand in the security line at the Saint-Chapelle. It's so long because it is next to the Hall Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 30, 2013
- The French Really Love Their Boobs!Our alarm woke us at 10:30. I can't remember the last time we slept in that late. We got a good laugh when L got caught in the double-gated, subway ticket turnstile. As M went to summon the jaws of Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 27, 2013
- I Thought The Virgin Would Be CuterThat whole tourist mob scene at Sacre Coeur was uncomfortable, so thanks to Rick's Montmartre walk we escaped the crowds. It really is a cute neighborhood on a hill. The only elevation (420 feet) in Paris. Back in the day Posted by LaurendeMatt in Bonne Annee | Dec 27, 2013
- A Quote to start this travel Blog“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of Posted by lebebert in Alexander Bébertramp | Dec 30, 2013
- Death by Fromage
We had decided to go and meet up with the Withefords down in the family bach in Lege-Cap-Feret (Southern France). This meant traipsing across Europe in a very circuitous manner in order t Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Dec 23, 2013
- Cold, cold FranceIt's officially winter now, so we're allowed to bitch about the cold; previously, it just showed weakness of character, but now it is permitted to feel and complain about the cold. Anyway, that's what I think.
Some of our most Posted by LucyLucey in France + a bit of Belgium | Dec 22, 2013
- Christmas TimeIt's Christmas time once again, and though the weather doesn't make it seem very Christmasy, Nice decorates to the nines each year so no one forgets the festive spirit. Even though we did this last year, we couldn't help Posted by Meghan.Gardner in Our France Adventure | Dec 22, 2013
- Goodbye UK... It's time to head to the Alps!The next three days would mainly consist of car travel on motorways.
First stop after 5 hours driving from York would be Dover. Dover has a castle, a nice one at that which is set upon the White Cliffs. The Posted by BretP in leave of absence | Dec 21, 2013
- Once we went to ParisSo here we are in Paris. It is cold, it is overcast, but, we are in Paris.
The city has so much history, culture and colour to explore, with unique experiences to be had depending o Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Dec 15, 2013
- Paris===Tuesday 17th===
It's too hard to squeeze everything in - I'll get back to the other adventures from Montpellier when/if time permits.
We're in Paris, the sun never gets over the yard arm - it doesn't even get half way up to Posted by LucyLucey in France + a bit of Belgium | Dec 18, 2013