- Going outside Paris into the chamapnge RegionWe took a train from Paris Gare station to Champange region about 1 hour....The tickets to the train cost €31 for 1 adult 2 kids....
Philip our host waited for us at the station and took us to his beautiful home.....we Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Jul 2, 2013
- A Day Away at Château de FontainebleauWe decided to take a day trip to Château de Fontainebleau by train. The trick is to first find the ticket (billet) office and stand in the correct line. Once the tickets are purchased you need to find Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 3, 2013
- We Found The polka dot jersey
Riding down the streets of Nice, France, the teams were competing in the time trials. Posted by Rirah in Chanter et Dander en France | Jul 2, 2013
- What's to eat?We didn't plan it this way but along the way we found yummy things to eat today.
After visiting Sainte Chapelle , a gem of high gothic architecture built in th Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 2, 2013
- Day 19We picked up our hire car at10.30 this morning,and set out for the Loire Valley. I remember the proverb that says " Let not he that puts on his armour boast like him that takes it off" but I can Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 2, 2013
- caix (luzech) to gourdontuesday: v. hot aft. at the aire y'day. didn't do much at all, just sat outside the van trying to
stay cool. explored the campsite a bit, really sweet but a little tatty. nice bar/cafe by the river,
small man-made 'beach' and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 2, 2013
- French Countryside (Champagne, Épernay, Reims)
'in a perfect world, everyone would have a glass of Champagne every evening'
[img=http://pho Posted by HelenaK in Wine & Travel | Jul 1, 2012
- Getting Lost in ParisWith no destination in mind, you will often find more than if you planned every last detail. That's what happened as we got lost in Paris today. It seems like around every corner there was another hidden garden, Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 1, 2013
- Day 18Today we had an early start so as to be at the train station for our trip to Angers ( a 48euro taxi ride away). We were blessed with a young French driver named Ugo, who spoke good english. Ugo Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 1, 2013
- Day 17Lois 's lack of enthusiasm was cured by a good nights sleep. Come morning she was back in tourist mode.
We were picked up at 9.am by Claudia ( a lady from Brazil) for our tour of the Riviera . While Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 1, 2013
- The scene, currently, in Vertueil Sur CharenteWhat a spot !! I'm standing on the bridge and looking back at the Chateaux. If you look down and see a bit of a white van, well, our little holiday home is right behind that !
Had lunch in Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jul 1, 2013
- caumont sur garonne to caix (luzech)monday: relaxed day yesterday, didn’t do much at all!
treated ourselves to some freshly fried chips, to accompany our lunch, from the cafe; they were
walked along the canal in the aft., v. calm and peaceful it was.
got to the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 1, 2013
- Verteuil Sur Charente Well, here we are, in a small village in the Charente region. An interesting history of the area. It was all underwater for millions of years ( only Paris and the Cherbourg area were above the waves), and farmers still Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 30, 2013
- Our car in France.Citroen C5. Nice car and even though I've driven here before, it's the first hour of driving on the "other" side of the road that has the brain cells rushing to think and act completely opposite to what is normal Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 30, 2013
- The view from the french villa were staying in.....The view form the second story window...... I guess it will be a struggle to get used to this....
And we get full use of the canoe. More to come.
Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 29, 2013
- Day 16This blog will be short if not sweet . i can not use the excuse of no wifi
We had an uneventful trip to Nice through mainly uninspiring country, arriving about 1pm, and getting a taxi to our Hotel.
After a Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jun 29, 2013
- grenade sur l'adour to caumont sur garonnesaturday: went for an explore after tea yesterday eve. and found a really sweet little french town.
popped into the church - which was busy with choir practice or some such thing - just off the main
square, then walked through Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jun 29, 2013
- Paris is Always a Good IdeaIf Casey and I have learned anything it's Murphy's Law. I will not even draw out this past mistake trying to blame it on something other than ourselves. We missed our train to Paris. We finally made it to our Posted by cgeurope2013 in Casey & Grace's European Adventure | Jun 28, 2013
- Day 15To day is our last day on board the Senic Emereld .Tomorrow morning at 9.oclock we board our buses for the trip to Nice where our trip with Senic tours ends. . Our last outing is a visit to Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jun 28, 2013
- biarritz to grenade sur l'adour (via mont de marsan)friday: up late this am, slept pretty well - considering how busy the aire was - lots of people had
already left by the time we had our brekkie (9.15am)!
packed up, onto services, then off, spotted a laverie as we Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jun 28, 2013
- What Does Google Plus Want to Grow Up To Be? “Does anyone here use Google+?” I asked a group of young musicians at the Alexander Technique workshop for musicians where I have been spending a long artistic week. They all looked at me completely lost at the hip terminology Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Jun 28, 2013
- Day 14This morning Lois went into Arles on the bus, while i conserved my energy for the afternoon trip to St Remy.
I went down to the Wellness room and had a leg massage ,then sat in the lounge and Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jun 27, 2013
- san sebastian to biarritz (via irun)thursday: had a lovely day in san sebastian, our last spanish city - what a place! absolutely gorgeous.
got the bus from the campsite, just outside the gate, and whizzed in, only took about half an hour.
once off the bus looked Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jun 26, 2013
- Day 13Last night we went out to dinner in Avignon. We visited the concert hall ,previously the popes palace in the 14 th century. The palace I mentioned yesterday was the summer residence.
We were served a banquet there while we were Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jun 26, 2013
- Day 12Today we are on the go again. This morning we got on the buses for a trip around the vineyards of chateauneuf du pape. This area was put on the map because of the fact the pope made his residence Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jun 25, 2013