- Onwards to AvignonAnother day of fantastic weather, some cloud but warm and dry.
We set off at 8.30 (wakeup call at 6.30, breakfast from 6.30, bags out at 7.30, board the bus by 8.30 - no, we are not institutionalised!) away from the Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 7, 2016
- Grenoble/ NiceWhat a tease, everyone wondering if we have lost our way in the French Alps, but no, here we are. We have had several long days in a row, and the blog has had to take second place!
We woke in Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 6, 2016
- Off to see Joan & HarryAngouleme proved to be a little gem, lovely campsite near the river with a cycle track all the way into the city. Yet again beautiful buildings and lots of history. We wandered round the tiny streets and stumbled across a Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | May 6, 2016
- Dijon/Chamonix-Monc-BlancWell, I know you are all waiting with bated beath for the latest pearls of wisdom to drip from my lips (well, keyboard really), however sometimes we are just having too much fun, and that happened last night!
Yesterday we Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 3, 2016
- DijonThe weather - well, we left Paris in fine weather which changed to drizzly showers, which later cleared away, although the cloud cover remained. A brisk breeze, temperatures from 5 to 8 degrees - Quite cold actually. Tomorrow is supposed Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 1, 2016
- Just another day in ParisWhat a great night! I slept for eleven hours, which I cannot remember ever doing before. No wonder the Canada geese stop for a break in the Northern Territory on their way south, flying makes you tired.
Woke up to three Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Rue Tronchet and Place de la Concorde at nightLeaving Printemps, I walked Rue Tronchet. There I came across many flower stands.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Printemps and Galeries LafayetteOn the hop-on-hop-off bus, we passed the Printemps store, and I decided that I would need to come back and see the shops later.
In the evening, I walked from the Opéra M Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Saint-Germain des PrèsHaving left the Opéra in the afternoon, I made my way to Saint-Germain des Près. Once there I walked along Boulevarde Saint-Germain.
There were plenty of food and flower stalls along the boulevard.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/81284 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Opéra de Paris (Palais Garnier)Leaving Église de la Madeleine in the afternoon, the hop-on-hop-off bus made it’s way along the Boulevard des Capucines to the Palais Garnier, home of Opéra de Paris. The façade is amazing! Unfortunately I didn’t have any tickets, Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Rue Royale and Église de la MadeleineMy next stop on the hop-on-hop-off bus and it headed across the Pont Alexandre III and towards the Av. des Champs-Élysées. We turned right and then headed towards Place de la Concorde.
At Place de la Concorde we turned left Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Hôtel des InvalidesOne of stops on the hop-on-hop-off bus was the Hôtel des Invalides. I went twice – once on the first round of the bus, and once again when the bus came back to the area.
The trip went past my Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Up the Eiffel TowerWith the sun up and the sky looking boring, I headed back across the river, and saw the lines for the tower were quite short. I decided I would wait and go up! I got the pass to Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Sunrise at the Trocadéro / Palais de ChaillotI had seen people across the other side of the river, and decided it would be a great place to watch the sun come up over the horizon, and I was NOT disappointed! Fabulous idea. I was able Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Sunrise Champ de Mars and the Eiffel TowerI’ve never really liked jetlag, but it was a good thing this morning. I was up long before the sun was, so I headed out to watch the sunrise, and I’m so glad I did. This post and Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Europe 2013 HolidayThis morning I got up early and watched the sunrise come up behind the Eiffel Tower.
The average temperature was 5 Degrees C (40F). Here is a map of where I walked.
I did most of the green and part of Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 29, 2016
- THE BEGINNINGFriday, 30th April.
Well here we are, sitting back in gay Paree! Seems a very long time since Wes and Beck dropped us of at Brisbane International. The flight to Singapore was uneventful (which we are quite happy about),and we settled Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Apr 29, 2016
- Back in FranceThe first shock was not the increase in traffic, which there was, but the border, it was like a cowboy one horse town; it didn't have shops it had tents selling cut price Ricard. No where to park and we Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Apr 26, 2016
- VersaillesWe took the RER train to Versailles. I was prepared to see the gold and glitz but the reality was quite unbelievable! First we walked around the gardens down to the Grand Canal. Statues and topiary everywhere, all with an Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 23, 2016
- Paris - Part 2Today we saw a different side of Paris on our Bikeabout tour. This was strenuous and fascinating as we took to the back streets and really got the flavour of the city. I found the biking somewhat challenging - Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 19, 2016
- Paris - Part 1Our first real view of Paris was at dusk as our coach rolled into a grey, rainy city. It looked a little bleak but as we drove along the Seine past the Eiffel Tower it was still a wonderful sight. Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 19, 2016
- Mont St MichelThere are insufficient adjectives in the English language to describe Mont St Michel, so will let the pictures do the talking! We had an excellent tour guide and climbed many steps for amazing views of Normandy and Brittany. Then a Posted by prosie in Rambling Rosies - The Wedding Trip | Apr 18, 2016
- D-Day NormandyWe had a wonderful three weeks in Lewes. Bolly and Riff-Raff our two Labradoodles were well behaved, entertaining and good company! We stopped an extra night after Raphie and Cathy returned and enjoyed a catch up on their trip ‘back Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Apr 18, 2016
- ParisAugust 14
Flew to Paris. Checked into at Madeleine Palace Rue Cambon - not far from Louvre.
Lunch at expensive, not very good restaurant (stale salad).
Night Lights Tour - then to Moulin Rouge. Bed at 5am. Paris tres expensive. Posted by travelwrite100 in Europe 1982 | Apr 18, 2016
- Day 16 This morning we said "good-bye, arrivederci" to our wonderful hosts and the comfortable La Collina Degli Ulivi (the hill of olives) in La Spezia.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_0687_L..n_La_Spezia.jpg caption=La Collina Degli Ulivi o Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | Apr 16, 2016