- Paris, Monday, 14th July 2014Bonjour, a busy Bastille Day with a massive walking tour of Paris.
We started off by heading to Notre Dame Cathedral which is only 10 minutes walk from our apartment, so far so good...
Plenty of people as you would Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 15, 2014
- Corsica[center]We enjoyed a fantastic month travelling and hiking around Corsica after arriving there on the 17th May.
There are a host of treks that can be done on this island but we had our Posted by Peter and Rose in Peter and Rose's Travels | Jul 14, 2014
- Home Sweet HomeWe had booked a midnight flight from Dubai with an 8 hour layover in Paris. Our intention was to take the RER into Paris, have a croissant and coffee at a cafe, and perhaps take in a museum. Posted by Culinerrion in Bangkok to Dubai - 2014 | Apr 28, 2014
- Our tours from ToursFrom Barcelona the plan was to take a train to meet my friend from Georgia Tech in Toulouse, France. We planned this part together because being both aerospace engineers we were going to go see the Airbus plant (Airbus is Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 14, 2014
- Touring ToursEggplant
The Loire valley is known for its copious amounts of châteaus. Of all of them, I wanted to visit Château de Villandry and Château de Chenonceau. Villandry is known for its Renaissance garden, which is considered one of Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 13, 2014
- Lyon / Lyon to Paris, Saturday / Sunday, 12th/13th July 2014Saturday was (again) raining & cool, so much for summer!
We headed across Lyon to the markets in Croix Rousse [[http://www.francemagazine.com/get-to-know-lyons-quirky-and-inviting-croix-rousse-district/]], despite the weather, this was a great area to Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 13, 2014
- A Long Week of ClassesThis week was my first full week of classes. It was definitely a long week filled with quite a bit of homework. On Monday, I had class all day, from 9 until 4. After class I just worked on homework Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jul 13, 2014
- Montignac: A jump back into time and the silver screenEggplant
I'm going to be totally honest. I wouldn't have incorporated a visit to Montignac if it wasn't for my mom and Brian. A couple months ago, my mom saw an exhibit at The Field Museum about the Lascaux Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jul 11, 2014
- Lyon, Friday 11th July 2014Well here we are in Lyon, cannot believe we have already seen & done so much across the five countries so far & we are just at the half way point of our trip.
Thursday was spent driving from Zurich with Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 11, 2014
- One Day in LyonDoesn't quite have the same ring to it as "One night in Bangkok", but we had a glorious day today... albeit continuing with our not brilliant weather patterns, fortunately today was just cold and overcast, but no actual rain. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- Yesterday...Yesterday, Claire & Adam (pictured below), Celeste, & I, went to lunch at some little place we stumbled upon. It was really delicious! It was kind of a French-Italian fusion, like most places in Lyon. I had prawns with risotto Posted by Rmeurope14 in Randa's Summer in Europe | Jul 10, 2014
- New Classes and a Weekend in BordeauxAfter getting back from our week long vacation, our group came together on Monday to talk about the excursion we are going on in July and our new classes. However, we didn't get our class schedule or level until Tuesday Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jul 6, 2014
- Sunday 6th JulyLittle bit of a lay-in today as breakie was from 8.
At 9 G went off with his transfer guys to Perpignan, a few independants slowly drifted off. Then at 10 I had all my stuff done. Hire bikes on Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 6, 2014
- Sat 5th JulyUsual morning up times though for the first time all the riders were in breakfast before we were..keen to get today..the last day and the one with the time limit...underway.
In theory I should have been back van today but as Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 6, 2014
- ProvenceWhen we began planning this trip, we knew we wanted to spend some time in the country but couldn’t decide where. So we decided that wine should be our guide. We went to the wine store and bought Posted by cottons in Keith and Megan's Travels | Jul 5, 2014
- ParisBon jour monsieurs and mesdames! Paris est un tres beau ville et plein d'amusement.
All of our pictures from the trip are on our [[https://www.flickr.com/photos/25318887@N03/sets/72157645521734921/|Flickr page]].
We were fort Posted by cottons in Keith and Megan's Travels | Jul 5, 2014
- Friday 4th JulyUsual morning timings, most people were on the road by 8, its a big day today..not in mile but in climbing but it is my favourite day of the raid. The very civilised col de port and the Pailheres and Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 4, 2014
- Thursday 3 July raid d306.00 wake up. Phone died again.useless thing.
06.45 down to the van for cereals and flaffing. 07.00 breakie.
People seem in a funny mood today. Little bit strange. Try and get them everything they need and keep them happy. Very slow start Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 3, 2014
- a weds 2nd July raid d206.15 alarm..or would be alarm if my battery wasn't buggered on my phone. Am sometimes very glad of my body clock which wakes me early when things like that happen.
07.00 ish breakie. Its misty any damp outside and todays riding Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 3, 2014
- Saignon to ParisWe travelled on the fast train from Avignon to Paris. This was interesting as the countryside whizzed by at a speed not seen on any train in Australia.
Busy would be the word that would best describe it! It was Posted by The Hitchies in Our great Euro adventure | Jul 2, 2014
- This WeekHello! We only have one class left, tomorrow, for our first session courses. The first half has gone by pretty quickly! We have seen and done so much already and there is much more to come! This week, we are Posted by Rmeurope14 in Randa's Summer in Europe | Jul 2, 2014
- Nice to ProvenceWe travelled/ up into the hills behind Nice to get to our accommodation. We just have one night here as I didn't think we would have time to find the next place before dark. This is a resort and has Posted by The Hitchies in Our great Euro adventure | Jul 1, 2014
- Tuesday 1st July Raid d106.15 alarm. Pre-coffee coffee
06.45 van flaffing, cereals out for breakie. More coffee. A few of the group are up early and already at breakie. Little bit of nervousness and anticipation in the air.
Group slowly gets stuff together and last few Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jul 1, 2014
- Monday 30th June raid d006.20 alarm
Head downstairs get some much needed coffee. Out to the vans with G (co-leader) to take hire bikes out of Shadowfax and onto the back of Frodo.
Vans all have names and colour coding: Frodo, big white van - blue; Posted by louisebenn in my own little vuelta de espana | Jun 30, 2014
- Les Vacances!On Monday, Laura and I left for a week long trip to London and Ireland. After a short flight to London, and then hopping on a train and the metro, we finally arrived at our hostel around 9:30 that night. Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 29, 2014