- Rouen Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | Jun 2, 2015
- Monday 1st JuneWe got up early and paid a visit to the local boulangerie in Coray where we collected a croissant, pain au chocolat, baguette and an apple tart. We had breakfast at the cottage and it was only slightly too Posted by scotia174 in Brittany | Jun 1, 2015
- Sunday 31st MayWe woke up to the sound of rain and it pretty much rained most of the day. The perfect day to not feel guilty about leisurely unpacking and making ourselves at home. We cooked a frittata for lunch Posted by scotia174 in Brittany | May 31, 2015
- Frick and Frack's Fantastic Foray in France[i]For the past five summers, Eva has helped move her siblings home from college. A few thousand miles and an ocean wasn’t going to keep her from doing the same this year, so she packed a duffel bag and Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jun 1, 2015
- Saturday 30th MayWe got up very early and left the pub before they started serving breakfast though the owners very kindly prepared us a packed meal. Our ferry from Poole left at 8:30am and we got a lovely breakfast and lunch Posted by scotia174 in Brittany | May 30, 2015
- Day 20 - MagnificiqueDidn't do too much today.
Went down to the Notre Dame and Ile de la Cite this morning.
Strode up the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Truimphe at lunch time.
Finished off with dinner at the Eiffel Tower.
Just another day in Paris.
Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 31, 2015
- Le Moulin de Chez PayWe booked lunch at the mill just down the road.
The mill is up for sale, but we were led to believe that it has been for sale for 4 years or more. It is a shame because the same Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 31, 2015
- St EstepheWe decided to take the dog for a walk around the lake at St Estephe. Just a five minute drive away. What a fabulous lake. All the paths are wheelchair friendly. Great facilities, sandy beach, restaurants, cafes. Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 31, 2015
- Day 19 - A sojourn to RouenFirstly the show last night was good, but it was what it was. It was a show put on for tourist with a mix of few different styles - dancing, singing, acrobats, illusionists and a laser show. It Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 31, 2015
- COLMAR - MAY 31stJust a nice day to go for a ride - in France......
We started with a nice twisty ride through Wasserbourg and then climbing up le Petit Ballon - 1267metres.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 31, 2015
- COLMAR - MAY 30thToday is tourist day - walking tour of Colmar, a very beautiful and fascinating Old Town.
Bonjour petit Steve !!
So many fascinating buildings - here is a few
[img=http:/ Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 30, 2015
- Western EuropeNext country I will be visiting in Western Europe is Paris! I have always wanted to visit this place since I was in grade four. My French teacher was from Paris, France and told the class what it was like Posted by ejrvaldez16 in My Dream Trip around the World | May 30, 2015
- Day 18 – Small k kultureFirstly dinner last night was superb. We found a square that had numerous bars and a bit off the main strip. We were attracted to a bar that had the Le Coq out the front, so we set Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 29, 2015
- AugignacHere at last. It was well and truly worth the wait. A very small adults only campsite with 6 emplacements and room for some tents. A lovely couple George and Margaret live here in a beautiful granite Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 29, 2015
- OBERNAI to COLMAR - MAY 29thObernai is a lovely town but we were very glad to be leaving our accommodation - best described as a Back Packers in disguise.
We only had 54kms to do but it took all day - so many roads and passes Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 29, 2015
- Day 17 - A city of indulgenceHad a very good night sleep and was only awoken by Wendy the Walrus bellowing next to me.
Led Lee-ann to the Opera metro station where she will pick up her obligatory hop on – hop off bus tour. After Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 29, 2015
- Day 16 - Ah ParieeWell an easy introduction to Paris.
Train trip was a flash back to old style travel, with it being fully catered with food and drinks and all free given we are 1st class travellers. I wonder what the plebs in Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 28, 2015
- FREUDENSTADT (GERMANY) to OBERNAI (FRANCE) MAY 28thAll we did today was ride some fantastic roads, see beautiful scenery and basically enjoy ourselves.
Found a bed but it was too early so we had to go straight past - interesting litt Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 28, 2015
- Bordeaux Day 2Thursday 28th May
This is our last day in Bordeaux. A quiet one was planned in order to store up some valuable energy for the transfer to the much cooler climate of Scotland. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 28, 2015
- Bordeaux Day 1Wednesday 27th May
A day to explore Bordeaux. We spent the morning wandering down the banks of the river, La Garonne. Bordeaux is in a festive mood as it was the time of the Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 27, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien to BordeauxTuesday 26th May
Just a drive to Bordeaux today. 150 kms or so, of driving through the French countryside and we should be in Bordeaux by 2 pm. We avoided the tollways and this is not just because we Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 26, 2015
- Walking fast to sit slowDear Drs. Haskew and Wiest,
Today I took our students out to lunch for the second time. On Monday, when I took them the first time, I let them set the pace and we were done in about 45 minutes. Posted by Ken Fridley in Alabama Engineering in Europe | May 27, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 6Monday 25th May 2015 (Whit Monday)
It is a public holiday, so the shops are only open for a few hours in the morning and only a few of them at that. Those that do open, close at 1 pm. Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 25, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 5Sunday 24th May 2015 (Whit Sunday)
It is Dimanche and it is indeed market day in Saint-Cyprien. This usually quiet and sedate village has been transformed into a massive bustling market with traffic and cars parked everywhere. It is Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 24, 2015
- Saint-Cyprien Day 4Saturday 23rd May 2015
Another slow start to the day. But there are a few chores to do. There was a market in the village to explore plus shopping needed to be done before 1 pm. But there Posted by Jill Forster in Europe 2015 | May 23, 2015