- Swimming in the AtlanticNothing drove home the fact that we were across the ocean than swimming in the Atlantic. On Sunday, we spent the day at the Famous beach in Biarritz, France. It was huge! I took too many photos. The beach had Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 5, 2014
- A Weekend in the SouthDisclaimer: Just to clear up any confusion, due to having limited internet access while I was in France and Spain, these entries are being posted despite having already returned to the states. They were written already, but adding the photos Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 5, 2014
- Friday was our last chance to see AvignonIt was our last full day in France, and we didn’t rush at anything too quickly.
The girls wanted a last minute bit of shopping and Marg traipsed round after them. Meanwhile, I took a trial run out to the train Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 5, 2014
- Thursday we headed for the hillsToday was about exploring the region east of Avignon, renowned for hilltop villages, lavender, vineyards and olive groves.
We were in the car and on the road by 10.00 am. Lunch and grapes packed up for the day ahead.
We headed for Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 5, 2014
- From Paris With LoveWednesday
Ok, so Wednesday was my favorite day too lol! Why you ask? Because we got to see the Catacombes! Anyone who knows me, knows I love scary stuff. That explains why we proceeded to wait damn near 4 hours to Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 4, 2014
- France days 14-16 - Corsica days 1-3Alas, it is time for the final stage of our grand adventure: ten days in Corsica followed by Italy for two days (surprise - another country!) as we make our way back to Paris to fly home.
Corsica is an Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 4, 2014
- From Paris With LoveSunday
The first day in Paris was overwhelming. We got off the plane and made our way to Charlene's sisters place to freshen up briefly before we went to the Eiffel Tower. I was still trying to wrap my mind around Posted by GiseleTravels in Gisele's Trip to Europe | Sep 3, 2014
- First Morning Fog8 AM leaving Livenhac le Haut (near Decazeville) in the morning fog. Rolling hills reminds Vivian of Tuscany or Provence w/o olive trees or grape vines. Walking through single track paths, farm roads, narrow country roads on the GR 65 Posted by CraigVivian in Craig & Vivian Walk the Camino | Sep 3, 2014
- Wednesday we headed for the MediterraneanHi excitement. We’re off to the beach. Originally we thought we might go to Nice, but that’s 3 hours away, so we decided to just head for Marseille, just over an hour away.
We made our lunch, and headed south. We Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 3, 2014
- Three Days in BesançonI have had a bit of trouble with technology and wifi connections, so I apologize for the delay of my first post. I still don't have my own connection, so I am writing this in the library.
Starting Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Sep 3, 2014
- Tuesday was explore Avignon dayToday was explore Avignon day.
The historic part of Avignon is totally enclosed by 4 km of city walls, located on the east side of the Rhone. Avignon and the east side of the Rhone were once ruled by Italy, Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 2, 2014
- Keeping up our R.E. These 3 cathedrals are just a bit bigger & older than St. Patricks..........we were able to attend services at St Pauls & West Minster Abbey in London & Notre Dame in Paris. They were absolutely awesome. The service at West Posted by hcanderson in Europe 2014 | Aug 23, 2014
- Monday we ventured out into the surrounding districtsA bit slow to arise on a stunning Avignon morning. We had breakfast, and I shot down to the “supermarche”, got supplies for lunch, and dinner. We made a picnic lunch and headed out in our rental (Audi) bound for Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 2, 2014
- France days 12-13By Sunday, Aunt Barbara was ready for a rest, so Uncle Chris was stuck putting up with the American contingent for the day (or, if you know him, you might ask: was it the other way around??!)
Obviously we had Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Sep 1, 2014
- Le Sud 3Ahh Cannes...it's bay and it's celebrities... not that big of a deal actually compared to the bay of Nice! haha! Still, we stopped at the Martinez hotel where a lot of actors stay during the Cannes film festival. The head Posted by mcgoubi in The Foodies | Sep 1, 2014
- Le Sud 2Aigues-Morte was only 30min away from Arles in Camargue which is a bit of the Wild West of France. It is like a big national park: you can see wild horses running far away as well as pink flamingos.
On the Posted by mcgoubi in The Foodies | Sep 1, 2014
- Le SudWow! what an amazing week in the South East of France! It was a first for the both of us and it's incredible to still discover amazing places in your home country.
The other incredible thing is to realise how different Posted by mcgoubi in The Foodies | Sep 1, 2014
- To Genoa by train - first classAbout 2 hours by train with lots of tunnels and small towns along the way. We booked first class on the train on this leg - funny thing was that when I booked the journey the first and second class Posted by smilers2 in The Smilers Big OE | Sep 1, 2014
- Chalet livingAs mentioned in my previous post, we headed to the Bordeaux train station at 5.30pm for Craig and Kelly's arrival. Craig is a longtime friend of Jacko's, and over the years as I went back forth to Australia to visit, Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Sep 1, 2014
- Sunday: sun, swimming, shopping and relaxing!Sunny Sunday morning in Avignon..
Once we were organised we headed off on foot down town to buy our groceries and look at the produce markets. Rather than going directly to the supermarket we decided to have a look at the Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Sep 1, 2014
- France days 9-11Thursday we were off for another outing in the City of Light. This time, we were so taken with the sights that we didn't want to avert our eyes to turn around for the photos. Thus, we present a new Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Aug 31, 2014
- ParisWe left London on Saturday morning on the Euro Star, great trip with no airports in site, arrived in Paris and checked out the city, on Sunday we did a hop on hop off bus tour, we all walked up Posted by Hamish414 in Europe 2014 | Aug 31, 2014
- FranceWe anchored off St Jean de Luz and had a VERY big swell to get on and off the tender boats. The boats went up and down about 4 feet, so you had to wait for a lull to get Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 31, 2014
- Au Revoir Paris....After a wonderful week in Paris it was time to move on to our next adventure...Avignon.
We packed up all of our gear, ordered a taxi and negotiated the narrow steep stairwell with our heavy cases and back packs.
When we arrived Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 31, 2014
- Arty FridayWe were up, fed, watered, groomed and out the door before 10.00 am for our last full day in Paris.
I was keen to go to Montmartre to see the street artists and hopefully buy some art work.
We wandered down Posted by Touringteamf in Our Trip to the Other Side of the World | Aug 31, 2014