- I Love ParisWe had a very smooth transfer to the airport and managed to have a very civilised breakfast that filled in our time to take off for the twelve hour flight to Paris. Couldn’t believe how easy our entry was Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- Day 27. Thursday. Mauregard, France 🇫🇷We woke up to thunder and lightening. We went downstairs for a continental breakfast and the skies opened up! It rained as hard as I have ever seen. We actually got most of the car loaded in between bouts Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jul 2, 2015
- cartref modurSo why do I feel the need to refer to RV's, motorhomes and camping cars as.... cartref modur
Well why not
If the anglophobic French can refer to their beloved Chaussons as CAMPING CARS why shouldn't someone who has welsh ancestry use Posted by mdewfr in Preparation | Jul 2, 2015
- Where to beginHaving taken the step to buy a camping car/rv/motorhome (cartref modur) the next question is what do I do with it??
Drive it of course
Wherever you fancy going...
Well...within reason...avoid military installations and les Posted by mdewfr in Preparation | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 26 Wednesday. St. Malo 🇫🇷We left the the compound of Mont Saint Michel this morning and drove to Saint Malo. There we walked the ramparts of this medieval city. Oh my gosh what views. If the smell of the ocean didn't hit you the Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jul 1, 2015
- Day 25. Mont Saint Michel 🇫🇷19C at 8 AM this morning and it climbed rapidly. Dennis & Gin went into Pontorson for a clinic but couldn't find one so went to emerg. Dennis has bronchitis and was given 2 prescriptions. Couldn't fill it though as Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jul 1, 2015
- 24+ hours in Paris!Matt: We ended up getting into the city a little later than expected because our flight leaving TF Green was late, but the rest of the trip went smoothly and we arrived at our apartment on Rue Greneta 55 Posted by azzurro in Matt and Sue's Europe Trip 2015 | Jul 1, 2015
- Day one Cycling Canal du MidiToday our first French bike tour begins! I am confident it won’t be the last, I don’t know why. We have our hotel breakfast – yogurt, croissant, ham and cheese, and our tour organizer arrives shortly after 9am. Timor Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- Carcassone castles in the skyArriving so early is a bit tough. We stayed in the station for an hour as the sun rises. There is at least a cold drink, and some ability to charge Petes phone. Once ready to go, we plug Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- North, then long trip southNice lazy start, we met about 9.30am and went through a weirdly complicated check out. Breakkie in town at a new place, pastries and sandwich again but much better coffee I’m told. John loaded up with cheap, but nice, pink Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- Chinon's FortressWe woke to a slightly cooler morning. We’d arranged to meet at 9am, but the Callaghan's were running late. Instead we walked around the town centre for 30 mins, exploring the bridge view, Saturday market, narrow alleys and old house Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- Loire Valley cave and moreIt was a shock to the system to have to be packed up and away by 7am. But we coped. We caught the Metro across to Gare Montparnesse and then onto the 8.03am TGV to Le Mans. That was a Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jun 29, 2015
- Hit the Mediterranean portsFrom Rome to Istanbul via Athens, Beirut and Alexandria ... It is the journey proposed by the exhibition "Mediterraneans, the great cities yesterday to people today" who stands to J1 18 May Finally Marseille per course, which we understand much Posted by Roberto13124 in efawgfagag | Jun 29, 2015
- Some culture in ParisWe woke feeling refreshed, and decided to try La Chat Bossu for breakfast. Hmm....Paris doesn’t do breakfast at cafes. So, cafe et pain au Chocolat it was. Still an experience, watching Paris go about its morning.
Chores this morning, we had Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jun 29, 2015
- Day 24. Paris to Mont St MichelleLeft our hotel at 8:40 this morning and arrived at Charles de Gaul by cab. We had a car reserved for us but by the time we found the car rental desk, got all the paperwork done, found our way Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 29, 2015
- Day 23. Paris, France 🇫🇷We had until noon to use up our Paris pass. So we trekked 5 km to the Musée d'Orsay. It was a beautiful walk along the Seine and mostly in the shade of trees. By the time we got there Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 28, 2015
- Leaving France!I just wanted to write a quick note to all of you and say that I have really enjoyed reading all your posts and chatting with you through the comments. I'm sad to leave France, but I had an Posted by crbelson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 28, 2015
- 4 City Comparison Weekly PromptTuscaloosa, Alabama: Tuscaloosa ranks fourth on my list mainly because of the incredible use of air conditioning. Since Alabama is so far south and it gets so hot for many months out of the year, air conditioning is used Posted by crbelson in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 28, 2015
- Day 22 Saturday. Paris 🇫🇷We were up and out early to hop on the metro(subway) to get the missing hop on off passes. Once we found the office we were all set to go. We hopped on a bus, sat up top in the Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 28, 2015
- Day 21 Friday Paris 🇫🇷 We were in the subways first thing this morning to get to the other side of town to get a Paris Pass. Then we walked up to the Louvre and joined the masses. We spent a few intimate moments Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 27, 2015
- I love Paris in the springtime
After the Somme we headed for Paris. We had a tip from a website that a particular park area had free parking so we headed that way and found a great spot right next to the park near the Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jun 27, 2015
- Setting off on our continental adventureWe were off! Finally! The registration papers and my UK licence had arrived while we were in Scotland and after a few days catching up and sorting out final bits and pieces for the van we were ready Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Jun 27, 2015
- A world tour to support a family experienceSwiss Army knives and inflatable travel pillows: the list of the most family purchases D. before school starts ... Because on September 3, the day of the resumption of the school, the small Nell, 9, will not be in its Posted by Roberto13124 in efawgfagag | Jun 27, 2015
- Country Three - Je suis arrivé.I knew I was out of Belgium and in France when the train station became chaotic and the men stopped wearing deodorant.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jun 26, 2015
- Day 20 Thursday Amsterdam to Paris 🇫🇷Up and outside early taking my last photos of Amsterdam. We made our way to the train station and found the right platform in all of five minutes. And wow does it ever move! We stopped at Schiphol, Rotterdam, Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 26, 2015