- Getting Fat in FranceWe've chased the good weather to the south of France and are nestled into a little gite in the garden of a vineyard.We are surrounded by vineyards, a few smalll wheat fields and a peach orchard yet are only a Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Apr 5, 2015
- La BoissiereLa Boissiere
For the past four days we have been staying at "La Boissiere" - the breathtaking home of "Rondre" - Ron Notto and Darrell Andre. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that if there were a Nobel Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 5, 2015
- This Semester is Going Way too Quickly!Happy Easter weekend!!!
My classes are slowly ticking themselves off. The academic schedule is very different here; without getting into too many confusing details, not all classes last the same amount of weeks, depending upon the number of hours that Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Apr 4, 2015
- Paris===We love Paris, can you tell?===
What better way to end our Christmas holiday than in our favourite city, the City of Lights. We decided that we would stay in a different area, this time the 12th arrondissement close to [i]Place Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Apr 3, 2015
- Loire Valley ChateauxYesterday we flew from Vienna to Paris where it is hot! Pushing 30 degrees on arrival and a few degrees more today. Bill sneaked one more beer of the day in at Vienna airport: The Edelweiss Weissbier. An alp wheat Posted by BillandAnnhols in 2011 Bill and Ann Europe | Apr 3, 2015
- Bordeaux and Saint EmilionBordeaux and Saint Emilion
OK, that last post was too long, so this one will be shorter. We took the train from Donostia to Bordeaux, spent an afternoon and evening seeing Bordeaux, then decided that night that we wanted to go Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 1, 2015
- Flying to Paris in Emirates and driving to BourgesWe had a group of four people flying initially to Paris, then drive through major cities in France, Spain, Portugal, Monte Carlo, Italy and Switzerland.
Helen and Susan, two sisters and our close friends agreed to join the two of Posted by fernando65 in Europe Driving Trip 2015 | Mar 31, 2015
- Gallery of Europe [Part 7]Hey guys here's a short continuation of our journey in HDR. From Genoa, Italy we set the train ride through southern France hoping that we remember how to speak French from our first week in Paris.
Click the following links for Posted by Lewis_E in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Mar 24, 2015
- paris (with a french accent)We are now in Paris. For the first time in three months we are experiancing cold weather. When we first got here we still had to wait in the airport for 3 hours. We were waiting for our grandparents Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Mar 24, 2015
- A Two-Day Trek around Luxembourg and LorraineI spent this last weekend on an ESN trip that consisted of a power-visit to the city of Luxembourg on Saturday (we arrived at about 11am, then hit the road again at 5pm) and Metz, in the Lorraine region of Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Mar 24, 2015
- The flood of work has subsided...In the wake of my trip to Prague, I have kept incredibly busy, but much less glamorously. I spent most of my first week back working on my next two presentations, both of which are thankfully over now. Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Mar 15, 2015
- Bonjour ParisNo primeiro dia em Paris resolvemos seguir o clichesão mor e rumar para o Arco do triunfo.
Claro que antes sofremos um pouco na estação Gare du Nord para comprar nosso Museum pass. Este cartão dá acesso aos principais museus e Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Mar 14, 2015
- Où pouvons-nous aller faire une randonnée ? Where can we do a hike? Last year we took a bus with our friends from Germany to have a lovely lunch in St Aygulf, a beach town near St Raphael. Afterward, we decided to the walk the sea shore Posted by gailmb in France 2015 | Mar 10, 2015
- Excitement around every corner, and at every altitude. We thought it was only in the movies that announcements were made "is there a doctor onboard?"' But no, it is real and it does happen. Not to worry though, not only was it not for one of Posted by MadameBallam in France Italy 2015 | Mar 8, 2015
- Nice Carnival First of all I must apologize for the long stretch between entries. We have a very poor internet connection this year. Some days I can't even connect online so I am not sure when I will be able to post Posted by gailmb in France 2015 | Mar 5, 2015
- France 2013
'Even a rainy day is Paris is a good day!'
Posted by trav3l-bug in Endless Fernweh | Mar 1, 2015
- Layover in Lyon!Saturday was the start of « February Break ». Yep, just a random week in February with no classes. So, now that I have recovered from Christmas, I am taking the opportunity to do a bit of traveling. Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Feb 24, 2015
- The Big MistakeSunday, February 22, 2015
Today we headed towards the beach promenade to have a leisurely walk along the waterfront from St Raphael to Frejus. As we walked we came along a street market that stretched along the road for about six Posted by gailmb in France 2015 | Feb 23, 2015
- Week 2Week 2
It is a new experience for us to return to the same place for a second year. It has been interesting to feel the lack of tension or stress to find out everything about the place all at once. Posted by gailmb in France 2015 | Feb 21, 2015
- Bourdeaux - la première partieThe plan was breakfast in Brussels, lunch in Paris and dinner in Bourdeaux. Unfortunately, it didn't work so well: I had to get up so early to catch the train, I didn't feel like eating. I did have a nice Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Feb 20, 2015
- Wednesday, February 18, the end of the first weekToday marks one week since we left home. We haven’t taken a lot of pictures yet but I can share with you the French words we have had to learn so far. First was ‘décalage,’ if you ‘souffrir du décalage,’ Posted by gailmb in France 2015 | Feb 18, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterA few after-the-fact words on my experience with renting an apartment in Paris. I have rented apartments in Europe and elsewhere and had excellent results. One company in particular stands out: Parker Villas who rents apartments throughout Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Feb 17, 2015
- L'Hiver en France à St RaphaelWe had a good flight, direct to Amsterdam, and checked into the Airport Sheridan Hotel. We had a lovely room on the club floor. We prefer the club floor because it has a very comfortable lounge where you can get Posted by gailmb in France 2015 | Feb 15, 2015
- West Europe (Paris)Paris is the capital and most populous city of France. Situated on the Seine River, in the north of the country, it is in the centre of the Île-de-France region, also known as the région parisienne. The City of Paris Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- Classes, Work, Meetings (and a bit of fun on the side!)Whew. So much for a post a week! I’ve been keeping incredibly busy, but mostly just with work. I’ve spent a good part of the last few days pulling together the last of my presentation for Wednesday. Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Feb 14, 2015