- uzerche to marcillac la croisille (via gimel les cascades)friday: all quiet at the aire last night, p counted x23 vans in total! busy....
we watched another dvd after our tea, pottered about, and then tried to have an early night…..
don’t know where the time goes to, but it always Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 6, 2013
- Day22 Today has been a quiet day spent wandering around the Chateau grounds and around the village. Breakfast is supplied in the kitchen in the basement from 9 to 11.am.
For lunch we have full access to the kitchen Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 5, 2013
- Our last day in La CharenteGreat day...slept in, no rush to do anything, caught up on washing clothes and sorted bits and pieces out for trip south tomorrow. Went up to the Boulangerie and had my last French lesson with the baker...yeah right. I was Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jul 5, 2013
- Day21Well we are at the Chateau Challain. The primary destination of our trip. It was great to meet up with the family. Sam was the last one to arrive. Milton had arranged for him to be picked up in Angers.
The Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 4, 2013
- Doing Rirah things in Nice, France[img=h Posted by Rirah in Chanter et Dander en France | Jul 4, 2013
- The world famous Hennessy....CognacThere is brandy, and then there is fortified brandy, or Cognac. Hennessy being a favourite, and with its long traditions over 7 centuries, the distillery was a must see. Besides, we were already close by....only just over an hour. They Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jul 4, 2013
- Trés Bon - L'Épicerie Breizh Cafe
Usually the unplanned things turn into something special. We were walking the streets of the Marais during our last night in Paris, when we saw this neighbourhoo Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 4, 2013
- The Presence of Foreign The windows, plastic with horrid handles, disturb me most. When I first came to France, many, many years ago, the windows I met were often of rotting, disintegrating wood reinforced with iron staffs that were moved up Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Jul 4, 2013
- gourdon to uzerche (via rocamadour + martel)thursday: rain day yesterday = van day! never made it out once! (no shopping, no exploring on the
all the motorhomes around us left, (apart from the young guy who is parked right next to us, and is
semi-permanent here as Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 4, 2013
- In the green fields of France...Poppy's. Very symbolic to the Kiwi's and Aussies and great to see them growing wild everywhere.
Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jul 4, 2013
- Around the village....Been a bit since we updated. Slack I know, but were kind of busy...relaxing.... Actually that's the truth of the matter. Had a couple of days were we did virtually nothing. Been out and about in the canoe, they have Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jul 4, 2013
- Going outside Paris into the chamapnge RegionWe took a train from Paris Gare station to Champange region about 1 hour....The tickets to the train cost €31 for 1 adult 2 kids....
Philip our host waited for us at the station and took us to his beautiful home.....we Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Jul 2, 2013
- A Day Away at Château de FontainebleauWe decided to take a day trip to Château de Fontainebleau by train. The trick is to first find the ticket (billet) office and stand in the correct line. Once the tickets are purchased you need to find Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 3, 2013
- We Found The polka dot jersey
Riding down the streets of Nice, France, the teams were competing in the time trials. Posted by Rirah in Chanter et Dander en France | Jul 2, 2013
- What's to eat?We didn't plan it this way but along the way we found yummy things to eat today.
After visiting Sainte Chapelle , a gem of high gothic architecture built in th Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 2, 2013
- Day 19We picked up our hire car at10.30 this morning,and set out for the Loire Valley. I remember the proverb that says " Let not he that puts on his armour boast like him that takes it off" but I can Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 2, 2013
- caix (luzech) to gourdontuesday: v. hot aft. at the aire y'day. didn't do much at all, just sat outside the van trying to
stay cool. explored the campsite a bit, really sweet but a little tatty. nice bar/cafe by the river,
small man-made 'beach' and Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 2, 2013
- French Countryside (Champagne, Épernay, Reims)
'in a perfect world, everyone would have a glass of Champagne every evening'
[img=http://pho Posted by HelenaK in Wine & Travel | Jul 1, 2012
- Getting Lost in ParisWith no destination in mind, you will often find more than if you planned every last detail. That's what happened as we got lost in Paris today. It seems like around every corner there was another hidden garden, Posted by beachbuddies in Two Little Suitcases | Jul 1, 2013
- Day 18Today we had an early start so as to be at the train station for our trip to Angers ( a 48euro taxi ride away). We were blessed with a young French driver named Ugo, who spoke good english. Ugo Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 1, 2013
- Day 17Lois 's lack of enthusiasm was cured by a good nights sleep. Come morning she was back in tourist mode.
We were picked up at 9.am by Claudia ( a lady from Brazil) for our tour of the Riviera . While Posted by Richardroberts in Richard and Lois trip | Jul 1, 2013
- The scene, currently, in Vertueil Sur CharenteWhat a spot !! I'm standing on the bridge and looking back at the Chateaux. If you look down and see a bit of a white van, well, our little holiday home is right behind that !
Had lunch in Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jul 1, 2013
- caumont sur garonne to caix (luzech)monday: relaxed day yesterday, didn’t do much at all!
treated ourselves to some freshly fried chips, to accompany our lunch, from the cafe; they were
walked along the canal in the aft., v. calm and peaceful it was.
got to the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Jul 1, 2013
- Verteuil Sur Charente Well, here we are, in a small village in the Charente region. An interesting history of the area. It was all underwater for millions of years ( only Paris and the Cherbourg area were above the waves), and farmers still Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 30, 2013
- Our car in France.Citroen C5. Nice car and even though I've driven here before, it's the first hour of driving on the "other" side of the road that has the brain cells rushing to think and act completely opposite to what is normal Posted by Twortie in Haggis and Croissants.... | Jun 30, 2013