- Walkabout in ParisYesterday was a very mentally exhausting day. We had a little sleep in and then Naomi face timed Janelle to let her know what we had found. Thanks to our great guide and the company I think we got a Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 6, 2015
- Paris, we love you more today...As promised, this blog entry will be much shorter! If you read yesterday's, you'll know what we mean. After compiling in the wee hours of the night, this morning's re-read prompted some revisions : ). More pictures and a little Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Sep 6, 2015
- Oh! the Fragrant Sewers of ParisIt was a little bit cloudy today so we wandered our way along the Seine, enjoying the Saturday crowds. Where did we find ourselves? Right outside the Sewer Tour! Bob is one determined guy when it comes Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 5, 2015
- Stories Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Sep 4, 2015
- Bordeaux to ParisToday was an early start, with a wake up call at 6:00am, and a 7:20am departure from the hotel to the train station to catch the 8:24am TGV fast train to Paris. Like the Eurostar, for security reasons they don't Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 5, 2015
- Biarritz to BordeauxWeather initaially was cool and overcast, buth the overcast cleared in the afternoon and the temperature improved to 2C.
Today was an easy day, with a 7:00am wake up call, and bags out by 8:30am. However, we weren't leaving Biarritz until Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 4, 2015
- Paris at Tiffany'sAnother beautiful sunny day and more miles to walk. Bob was the bravest of us all and attempted the velo rental (bicycle) in the crazy Paris traffic. While he was practising on the back streets, Brian explored solo Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 4, 2015
- Madrid to BiarritzWeather was overcast, varying from heavy to light and back again, although it did rain overnight. The temperature has dropped from the low to mid thirties back to the low twenties.
Today was a relatively easy travel day. Bags out at Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Sep 4, 2015
- All around Paris in 14 hours!Hello all,
We made an early start to the day despite Jo texting til 5 am! She hasn't quite made the time change yet. It was a beautiful sunny morning at the plaza in front of Notre Dame so we Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 3, 2015
- The Western FrontSo we decided less than a week ago that we would do a Western Front tour, one that looked at Villers Bretonneux and the battle of the Somme. Janelle had wanted us to place a flower at the grave of Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 3, 2015
- Welcome to Paris
We ended up leaving Tours half an hour later than expected, but we were happy with this as it was much earlier than two days ago. It was our last trip on the big blue bus, so we were a Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 3, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Rock&Roll
Šiandien jūroje Mistralis. Pavakare prasidėjo, tai rimtai pūs dar pora dienų tikrai, jei ne ilgiau.
Jau anksčiau minėjau, kad Mistralis - tai Šiaurės/V Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Sep 3, 2015
- Open Bus TourBonjour
Spent a fun evening Tuesday in the Latin Quarter crossing the bridges across the Seine and walking along the river. We wandered the alley ways until we found a little restaurant that looked appealing. We were Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 2, 2015
- SchoolOk so yesterday I started classes at Lycée Victor Hugo. It was just an hour-long "meet the teacher." I understood next to nothing. Then I got lost on the way home. At least the weather was nice. The way to Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Sep 2, 2015
- Bon Jour, Paris!What a treat to realize you've woken up in Paris! Too bad it was at 6am and we knew we wouldn't fall back to sleep. Sooooo, we decided we would get up and go find some breakfast and see some Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- First Sight of Eiffel Tower Posted by lovenightingale in Due West | Sep 1, 2015
- Doors of Europe, France[img=h Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Sep 11, 2015
- ToursWe left Biarritz not a minute to soon, nice place but some of the people were really unfriendly. It’s a shame really and we know it sounds like we are nit picking but when most things have been so good, Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Sep 1, 2015
- We are safely settled in ParisBonjour mes petites,
Our flight was very uneventful. Nine hours and a few movies later and we were at the CDG airport at 8:30 am. Nine flights arrived at the same time so customs was a zoo. Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- And the touring begins!What an adventure (pr. "Exhausting") our first day in Europe was! Landing in Amsterdam and traversing via rail to Paris, then navigating the Metro subway and walking to the hotel. On the way to the hotel, I couldn't stop looking Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- Viduržemiai. Myliu Nicą
Nica yra nuostabi ir gyva, su charakteriu - kaip žmogus.
Šeštadienio popietė, keliauju antrą kartą tarp SFR kontoros ir Tabac kiosko, kuris vakar man pardavė tele Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Aug 31, 2015
- Cabourg/HoulgateToday I moved into the house of my first host family
Things I have discovered:
The dog responds to English
The doors here are all nearly impossible to close
bread bread bread bread
rabbit sounds exactly like bread with the article
On that note... Ev Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Aug 30, 2015
- The cow on receptionWhere to start about Biarritz. It is the shortest trip on the bus it took us a total of 55mins to leave San Sebastian cross the border into France and arrive at our destination. So we were there by 9.30 Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 29, 2015
- One famous little Red mill at the centre of everythingCan you believe it’s only 30 minutes flying time and, for me, just 200 miles from home. Even Manchester is further!! Paris, the French capital and London’s nearest rival for best European city. But did you know that Paris is Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Aug 28, 2015
- NiceWeather today was sunny and hot, reaching at least 30 C.
A free day in Nice, although I had two optional tours today.
The first was to St Paul de Vence, a medieval fortified village in the hills overlooking the Cote d'Azur, Posted by HimalayanPeter in Churchward in Europe | Aug 28, 2015