- sarrians to bedarrides to sarrianswednesday: had decided to move aire this am, mainly to get elec, but also to get a little closer to
avignon, for our second look around.
did some washing (very cheap) at the campsite, packed up and off....its only 15 mins.
brand new Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Oct 17, 2012
- avignontuesday: not so cold, or windy, today : )
p charged up his computer in the campsite next to the aire and did some work....c made a
picnic for our trip to avignon - but we decided to eat in the Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Oct 17, 2012
- orange/chateauneuf du papemonday afternoon: still very windy in the aft, but decided to scoot to orange, about 15 mins. away,
and see the roman theatre antique anyway.
wrapped ourselves up like michelin men, multi-layered!, and set off....plan was if too windy/cold/
nasty to c Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Oct 17, 2012
- Day ElevenBonjour from Paris. Skyped Matt and Braden at 8.45am this morning (5.45pm Melb time) - glad to see that Braden is in control!!! They were heading to the MacPhie's for dinner, thanks Chris for looking after them.
Went to Posted by pitchersontour in Pitcher's Europe Tour 2012 | Oct 17, 2012
Perfect place to recuperate. We flew in quite late so we were pretty tired the next morning. We decided to take a stroll around town, checking out the flower market in the old town. It was full of lots of Posted by blake-michelle in Blake & Michelle VS The World | Oct 17, 2012
- Burning Tires, Tacos, and Testosterone Fun weekend for me, not so much for Valerie.. This past weekend was filled with the smell of burning rubber, Mexican food, and man sweat. During the week our time was spent as usual - teaching our English students, running, Posted by ValandTom in Don't eat that Kebab! | Oct 16, 2012
- Day TenGot up later this morning as we had no set time schedule. Took several trains to "The Sacred Heart Basilica (Le Basilica da Sacre Coeur). The most amazing Church perched high up on a hill overlooking Paris (lit Posted by pitchersontour in Pitcher's Europe Tour 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- Day NineIan's birthday today - what a way to spend it in Paris...
We went on another "Fat Tire Bike Tour" and met at the Eiffel Tower at 11am (& lucky for us the sun was shining). Went by train Posted by pitchersontour in Pitcher's Europe Tour 2012 | Oct 16, 2012
- carpentras to sarrians (for orange, avignon)monday morning: very windy in the night, tried to rain, but never really managed it.
woken early by lorries and workmen on the site below....decided to move aires this am as it's
a very busy parking area and we are Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Oct 15, 2012
- To The Coast!Today started, well, rather badly for me as we had to call the travel insurance to try and find a nearby hospital/doctors to treat my now chronic stomach pains. Hospital located (or so we thought) Jayne went to order a Posted by Chris_Jayne_RTW in Europe on 2 Wheels | Oct 14, 2012
- Day EightRained all day until about 5pm. We went for a walk for a few hours to get our bearings and to find the visitors centre to get further information. Had a coffee (hot chocolate for me), grabbed some Posted by pitchersontour in Pitcher's Europe Tour 2012 | Oct 14, 2012
- sausset les pins to carpentras (via pelissanne + avignon)sunday: quite a cold am, but sunny. woken up early as lots of activity! big car boot sale in the village,
so massive traffic jam up the road outside the aire....plus have to move by 10am 'cos of football parking.
therefore Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Oct 14, 2012
- Grenoble, FranceWe were given the royal treatment when we arrived at Nicolas and Maya’s apartment in La Tronche just outside of Grenoble. We arrived in the evening and Nicolas was midway through cooking us his first fillet mignon. It Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Oct 14, 2012
- Pyrenees in the South of France (Day 47)Another guest visit has blown by and we can’t believe how time is flying by. Thanks so much to our dear friends Gab and Walter for an amazing last minute visit in Paris. Thanks Walter for touring us around Paris. Posted by Stace n Gary in It's all about the journey! | Oct 13, 2012
- Guest Blog By Gab & Walter (Days 41-46)Sunday, October 7th (Day 41)
Walter and I are here at last, we arrived this morning at Charles De Gaulle airport and took a shuttle to our apartment in central Paris. I fell in love with Paris the minute we Posted by Stace n Gary in It's all about the journey! | Oct 12, 2012
- marseillesaturday: woke to a pretty sunny day, but quite windy = nippy for scootering!
....over eager police of susset les pins were back! asked us to move so a massive lorry could get out of
the car park!
couldn't decide whether or Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Oct 13, 2012
- Day SevenLeft London on the Eurostar train to Paris at 11.24am. Arrived in Paris at 2.47pm (Paris one hour ahead of London). Caught a cab from the train station to our new accommodation, however got let into number 49 Posted by pitchersontour in Pitcher's Europe Tour 2012 | Oct 13, 2012
- Cycling the French Alps Part II, FranceThe riding portion of our cycle trip through the French Alps was done in two sections with a three night rest stop in La Toussuire. This post will cover the second section of our bike touring starting from La Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Oct 13, 2012
- cuges les pins to sausset les pins (for marseille)friday: lots of rain in the aft, eve and night, but woke up to a better day....
have decided not to bother with hyeres, or the small islands, as weather unpredictable, and
its windy today (not great for a boat trip).
so, on Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Oct 12, 2012
- Breakfast in France, Lunch in Spain!We woke up in Monica and Simons lovely spare room and knew it would be the last time as we had to get moving again if we were going to cross through the Pyrenees and get our ferry back to Posted by Chris_Jayne_RTW in Europe on 2 Wheels | Oct 12, 2012
- NiceIt's now a little more than 2 weeks since we've been in France, and it feels more like a month. No wonder, we are on to our 4th place tomorrow in Antibes for a week. Why Antibes, you Posted by Meghan.Gardner in Our France Adventure | Oct 11, 2012
- la motte to cuges les pins (via sillans la cascade)thursday: woke up to a rather cloudy day....it was supposed to be sunny!
packed up and onto the road by 10am, heading to an aire at sillans la cascade - one
lovely drive through provence, lots of vineyards, vine leaves all Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Oct 11, 2012
- Le Tour Stage 11 and 12, FranceThanks to the Picards we had a quiet comfy mountain chalet all to ourselves on the top of what is a ski resort in the winter. After the previous epic ride day we slept well and woke up the Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | Oct 11, 2012
- Quick Update (Paris)By Stacy:
Gab and Walter arrived safely last Sunday and we have been having an amazing time!! Eiffel Tower...Louvre...pastries and wine! We do not have easy access to wifi so we'll have to post the detailed blogs later. Posted by Stace n Gary in It's all about the journey! | Oct 6, 2012
- Blast from the PastSo... I know this is hard to believe but we found a DeLorean one day and lo and behold Dr. Emmett Brown was sitting in the driver's seat. Obviously we jumped right in and traveled through time!!!!! We ended up Posted by ValandTom in Don't eat that Kebab! | Oct 10, 2012