- Five Beaches, Two Chateaus and an Abby[center][/center]
So far, our time in France has been a mixture of history, war, culture, fashion and chateaus. Our last 9 days sure has been varie Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | May 13, 2014
- Day 10
We leave the jail hotel, which was the best sleep ever - Not sure what to make of that and head to Lyon. The weather rained and cleared and rained and cleared.
We stop at a chateau owned Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 13, 2014
- Attempted mutiny on the S.S. Griffin
After another great night of sleep, we struck out to see yet more fantastic Paris sights. This time Ste. Chapelle, with its impossibly numerous and beautiful stained glass windows.
[img=ht Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 9, 2014
- Day 18: My Favorite French Word"Sortie"
If you make it through this post, I will tell you what it means, and you will surely understand why it is my favorite word.
Anyway, today we woke up, had a quick breakfast, and started yet another walking tour of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 9, 2014
- Le eating tripSo, this post doesn't has much to describe, just pictures of food and a chiobu.
Pretty sad that when i was there, the weather wasn't in my favour, so i couldn't get nice photos! But i guess this was the best Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- Day 17: Tour of ParisAs the title suggests, today was another day touring the beautiful city of Paris. To be honest, Paris is exponentially cleaner, friendlier, and more unique than any typical American city.
We took a Rick Steve's audio tour around our part of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 8, 2014
- The other Notre Dame
What a difference a great night of sleep makes. Everyone returned to happiness, because, well, let's be blunt: Pearl got a great night of sleep. And when Pearl is ha Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 8, 2014
- Day 16: 1st Full Day in ParisToday was a day devoted to sightseeing around Paris. In the morning, we toured Musee d'Orsay, a large building that has been transformed from a train station to a large museum holding expansive collections of impressionistic art. Here is one Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 7, 2014
- High culture in the Paris sewersLet us first mention how good wifi is here in Europe. It sounds pathetic, but you don't really know how bad it can be until you travel to New Zealand, where they begrudgingly dole it out by the thimblefuls Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 7, 2014
- France 2014 - Dordogne, Loire & ParisAfter 36 years of service on my job, I am retired.
So what's a guy to do with all this new found time - travel, of course!
We will be embarking on a month long sojourn to France. A quick stop Posted by Herk58 in Retirement Trip To France | May 7, 2014
- To MilanWe said a fond farewell to our apartment in the Marais to head to Milan. I really enjoyed having more space than the previous hotel room, but did feel quite nervous about being on the 6th floor with no Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 7, 2014
- Paris in the springtimeOn our drive from Normandy, we made a brief stop in Honfleur. This charming town was the departure port for explorer Samuel Champlain's voyages of discovery. Even on this rainy day, it's easy to see why Honfleur is Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 6, 2014
- Day 15: Rural Normandy to ParisToday my family and I traveled to Paris, the largest and most famous city in the wonderful country of France. It was a good day for traveling because it rained most of the day.
We woke up early to eat Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 6, 2014
- Day 14: A Tour of NormandyToday my family and I toured the beautiful coastal French province of Normandy. It was a gorgeous day of 70 degrees and absolutely sunny skies, and sadly, it will be our last for quite a while because it will be Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 5, 2014
After a delicious farm breakfast (bring on more stretch pants), we headed to the shores of Normandy. The 70th anniversary of the Normandy landings will be in June of this year. Huge crowds a Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 5, 2014
- Paris 5 May 2014We’ve had a lovely relaxing last day in Paris. Having ticked off the main sights, we slept in and caught up on things around the apartment, and booked ahead for things we want to do in Rome and Holland. Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 5, 2014
- Paris 4 May 2014Today we tackled Versailles. First we had to find the train station - further taxing my French as we had to ask for directions several times. But we successfully got ourselves onto the right train and relaxed to Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 5, 2014
- Day 13: Chinon to Rural BayeuxIf turns out we have wifi at our current B&B, so I will indeed be blogging!
Today my family drove from the beautiful, ancient, inland French town of Chinon to a farm in the rural countryside of Normandy.
The day started off Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 4, 2014
- Never again a Pillsbury croissant, S.V.P.
This morning we woke up to a beautiful day--not a cloud in the sky with a forecast of 70 degrees. Our little two star hotel in Chinon has proven itself worthy of many more stars. Our family Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 4, 2014
- Paris 3 May 2014We did a lot of Paris tourist musts today – carousels, crepes, a bistro, playgrounds and queues, not to mention some key sights.
The day started with the boys having a ride on a carousel. These are everywhere Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 4, 2014
- Last Day in Paris! Rats.After a slow morning of laundry and boring errands, we caught the metro into town, headed to a highly recommended restaurant to find French onion soup. Apparently the best soup in Paris! We were so excited and on getting to Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 14, 2014
- Eiffel Tower 2, Kate and Pat 1. We're Calling it a WinMore museums! Also suggested and gifted by Angela, Maarten and Dr Skopal! It's great having someone plan our trip for us, Em Loh in Japan and these guys for Paris.
We started with Musse d'Orsay. For the first time in Paris Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 13, 2014
- The Other AdelaideAnother early morning. Why must there be so much to see in a place with such great cheese, wine and bread encouraging you to stay up late gorging??
We hopped a train to the Palace of Versailles, the previous residence of Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 12, 2014
- Marche to the Scaffolding (part trois)
This morning when we drove into Chartres from our hotel, we didn't realize what a classic French town we would see. You see, our hotel last night, while modern and decent quality, was located Posted by skwclar in Gryphon Globetrotters | May 3, 2014
- Days 11 and 12: La France!I guess I am going through a bout of electronic malfunctioning, because the reason I did not post yesterday was not because I didn't see any birds but because my iPad died. Since it was late in the night when Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 3, 2014