- Monday 8th JuneWe relaxed after breakfast and then Grant and I used the bikes at the cottage to go for a trip to the boulangerie. It was about 11:30am and Grant plotted a 5 mile route through fields and minor roads Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jun 9, 2015
- The Adfrenchures Come to a CloseOur respective sojourns in France have come to their bittersweet ends; whether the journey has been a whirlwind of ten or sixteen days, or an extended stay totaling a whopping 281 days, we are all tired, stuffed, a little sunburned, Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jun 8, 2015
- StrasbourgWe were off to France today, Strasbourg is in the wine region of the Alsace.. we started the day with a canal cruise to see the town from the water, then finished up with the guided walk. More Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | Jun 5, 2015
- Parlez-vous français? NadaThis past weekend we went to Biarritz, a popular beach town in Southern France. The only problem was that none of us speak French. Thankfully we were able to communicate enough to get by, but it was extremely difficult. We Posted by esconnell in Alabama Engineering in Europe | Jun 8, 2015
- Sunday 7th JuneAfter breakfast we headed to the coast stopping off at a couple of places to walk along the stunning white beaches and take photos.
Our destination was Bénodet and we arrived there just in time for lunch. We decided on Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jun 8, 2015
- Saturday 6th JuneWe had breakfast and then just relaxed for a couple of hours at the cottage. We drove to nearby Scaer and had a wander around the local market. We bought some eggs from a charming lady and I Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jun 7, 2015
- St Jean de ColeDecided to go for a stroll on Friday night, it was growing dusk, hence the dark photos.
Great atmosphere to this place. Very quaint and interesting. Sat in the square and had an ice cream and an aperitif.
Must come Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Jun 7, 2015
- Manzac FermeThis was the only campsite that I had researched in any way and I was determined to stay here.
It is run by Margaret and George who are just the most hospitable hosts and all round wonderful people.
Set in woodland and Posted by joodle in France 2015 | Jun 7, 2015
- Friday 5th JuneWe drove to Concarneau in the morning and had a wander around the impressive market. Its size was somewhat overwhelming in comparison to the previous markets we had visited and we found the choice too much of a distraction. Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jun 6, 2015
- Thursday 4th JuneWe drove about an hour to a gorgeous small town called Huelgoat. It was market day and we thoroughly enjoyed wandering around the market square and filling our shopping bag with fruit and vegetables.
We went for a Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- Wednesday 3rd JuneWe spent the morning at the local doctors surgery in Coray waiting for an appointment. The doctor spoke very little French so it made for an interesting experience! He examined my finger that looked to have an infection Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- Bidding Adieu to Besançon[i]Take four adults, two of whom who have never left the country, add a little Dramamine, two flights, a train ride, and… eleven hours later they will pop out of the ground in Paris. Beautiful, crowded, exotic Paris, with Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jun 3, 2015
- Tuesday 2nd JuneWe woke up to the sound of rain on the skylight bedroom window. Our original plan was to go to Vannes for the day but instead we decided to have a light breakfast and relax at the cottage. Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jun 2, 2015
- Day 22 - Au Revoir EuropeToday is our last day in Paris and Europe and tomrrow we take the Eurostar to sunny old England.
So I thought today was a good time to reflect a little on Europe (well the little bit that we saw in Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 2, 2015
- Day 21 - Running out of juiceWell I am starting to run out of juice!
Didn't sleep well last night and was a bit slow out of the blocks today. Wanted to see the Museum of Paris, because it has one of the best representation of Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | Jun 2, 2015
- Rouen Posted by sarahisland in Cape Town to Dublin | Jun 2, 2015
- Monday 1st JuneWe got up early and paid a visit to the local boulangerie in Coray where we collected a croissant, pain au chocolat, baguette and an apple tart. We had breakfast at the cottage and it was only slightly too Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | Jun 1, 2015
- Sunday 31st MayWe woke up to the sound of rain and it pretty much rained most of the day. The perfect day to not feel guilty about leisurely unpacking and making ourselves at home. We cooked a frittata for lunch Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | May 31, 2015
- Frick and Frack's Fantastic Foray in France[i]For the past five summers, Eva has helped move her siblings home from college. A few thousand miles and an ocean wasn’t going to keep her from doing the same this year, so she packed a duffel bag and Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Jun 1, 2015
- Saturday 30th MayWe got up very early and left the pub before they started serving breakfast though the owners very kindly prepared us a packed meal. Our ferry from Poole left at 8:30am and we got a lovely breakfast and lunch Posted by scotia174 in 2015 | May 30, 2015
- Day 20 - MagnificiqueDidn't do too much today.
Went down to the Notre Dame and Ile de la Cite this morning.
Strode up the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Truimphe at lunch time.
Finished off with dinner at the Eiffel Tower.
Just another day in Paris.
Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 31, 2015
- Le Moulin de Chez PayWe booked lunch at the mill just down the road.
The mill is up for sale, but we were led to believe that it has been for sale for 4 years or more. It is a shame because the same Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 31, 2015
- St EstepheWe decided to take the dog for a walk around the lake at St Estephe. Just a five minute drive away. What a fabulous lake. All the paths are wheelchair friendly. Great facilities, sandy beach, restaurants, cafes. Posted by joodle in France 2015 | May 31, 2015
- Day 19 - A sojourn to RouenFirstly the show last night was good, but it was what it was. It was a show put on for tourist with a mix of few different styles - dancing, singing, acrobats, illusionists and a laser show. It Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 31, 2015
- COLMAR - MAY 31stJust a nice day to go for a ride - in France......
We started with a nice twisty ride through Wasserbourg and then climbing up le Petit Ballon - 1267metres.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 31, 2015