- Rain, rain, go AWAY!Mondays in Paris tend to be quieter - residents are back to work and some museums are closed. Our plan wasn't to visit too many anyway but to do some shopping. After Mary Ann's swim (the pool is a 3-minute Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 21, 2016
- Paris still RainsRain, Rain, Go Away
First Day in Paris
Mary Ann started the day by attending Mass at Notre Dame Cathedral. Such a stunning building with gorgeous sculptures and stained glass. Weird though as there were still tourists allowed into the church while Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 21, 2016
- Travel Day #2After experiencing the insane traffic of Bordeaux yesterday, we figured we should leave the hotel with lots of time to spare. We had to gas up the rental and return it to ‘Ah-vee’ - Avis. Thankfully, traffic was very light Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 19, 2016
- Dunes & BeerWhat a day!!
Sadly, we left the chateau and Saint-Emilion to continue our trip and for a day on the ocean. We drove past the city of Bordeaux and on to the town of Arcachon which sits on the Atlantic coast. Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 19, 2016
- ParisParis blog:
Why can I say about Paris that hasn't been said before?? Ugh this place is magical. So far-second favorite city! (Amsterdam still in the lead so far 😻). The wine, the art, the food, the buildings, the food. This Posted by EuroAsh in EuroAsh | Jun 13, 2016
- The Janoueix WinesLast night’s rainbow and sunset really didn’t forecast the lovely weather we were hoping to have today. But the sky sure was gorgeous!!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/723449/2016-06-16_2 Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 17, 2016
- Saint-Emilion, a Pomerol chateau and epicerieLovely night sleep at La Confession. This is the view from the bedroom window…
After a hearty breakfas Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 17, 2016
- Travel DayPHEW! We made it to Saint-Emilion! Airplane, bus, high-speed train and car rental, 19 hours later, we’re at Chateau La Confession, in Saint Emilion. Flight was pretty good but we had to deplane away from the main terminal and get Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jun 17, 2016
- Bretagne (Benodet)Monday evening we, along with our ABQ friends Chip and David, arrived in Benodet, the town on the western coast where Loic vacationed every summer as a child, and his dad now lives. We spent Tuesday exploring the town Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 14, 2016
- Wedding Reception in the Loire ValleyFriday through Sunday was an amazing wedding reception weekend at a gîte (an old farm converted into a holiday home) in the Loire valley. It comprised of 5 houses of accommodation, a reception room that seats 80 people, a Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 13, 2016
- First week- Jouars- Pontchartrain (Paris)The end of our two weeks in France is almost here, and our time with friends and family has been wonderful and busy!
We began our first week in Paris with the wettest May since 1930, great talks and Posted by jillandloic in Jill and Loïc Adventures of a lifetime | Jun 12, 2016
- Châtel There were shrieks of excitement, delight and relief when the door opened and we met Jo and Steve! It was a great feeling to have arrived as planned and meet this lovely couple. We were also warmly greeted by our Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jun 9, 2016
- Back to Charles de Gaulle, 🛫 Roissy en FranceIt is Monday evening and we are doing a bit of packing before tomorrow's drive to Epernay, which is in the heart of the French Champagne district and only a couple of hours drive to the CDG Airport. A Posted by stavmagpie in Selected European Hotspots 🏰 🏟 | Jun 8, 2016
- France, Europe The flight from Italy to France, Paris was only CAD$59 with Transavia airlines. It was a 1hr 30min nonstop ride and by far the best deal I've had on this trip. The hotel I stayed at was called La Maison Posted by TravelBuddy2016 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 6, 2016
- Au Revoir France[img=http:/ Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 5, 2016
- Reflections of Paris*Paris is a beautiful city *Parisians are friendly *The Eiffel Tower is a must to visit. *The city stays up late and sleeps in. *The Red Wine is very good *The pastries and breads are even better. *Dogs are sent Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 5, 2016
- Paris we have arrived[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/IMG_20120908_082926.jpeg caption=Pari Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 5, 2016
- La Vie En Rose[left]Today I am in this beautiful city called Paris with great fashion ,bright lights and macaroons and baguettes every street corner I take. I'm making my way right now to the Arc De Triumph. I have been here Posted by tayhowarth in package deal trip | Jun 5, 2016
- Ready to goIt will be a long trip...
Fanny is waiting for you, in front of the floodway !!!!
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by Snibril7569 in Amelia and Fanny Story | Jun 3, 2016
- Escanecrabe to ChâtelWe enjoyed a final walk around the garden with Nikki and Tony before our farewells to them, Benji and Bella and Leo the cat. Our first workaway experience was such a positive and enjoyable one and something that fitted perfectly Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | May 30, 2016
- Back to the Med! Catalunya, Languedoc, and Provence Having proven in Panama that we could manage the three kids on an international trip without any other adult help, I was determined to get two of my dream European road trips accomplished this year. That meant starting in April Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | May 29, 2016
- Stories Part 4Plenty has been happening here in the last two months or so. Hence why I haven't written another "stories" installment. Anyone that knows me well enough, however, knows that I can't go long without an awkward situation or making a Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | May 26, 2016
- Our 'Work Away' in Escanecrabe Traveling for an extended period has allowed us to live and experience places in different ways. House sitting has been one way of achieving this and the 'workaway' programme is now another. 'Workaway' is popular with young and old. You Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | May 24, 2016
- May 9-10-11May 9-10-11
On May 9 we took a bus up to the Montmartre area of Paris. We ate lunch and walked around before heading back to our room. Montmartre is a large hill in the Right Bank district. Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 23, 2016
- May 8May 8
Today we walked to the Louvre Museum – home of the Mona Lisa. The Louvre is the largest museum in the world. The Mona Lisa is not only the most famous painting in the world but also Posted by mccarthytravel in Ireland & United Kingdom | May 20, 2016