- Rome-ParisWhy do we travel? A question asked by many but answered by few. For the mass majority, by the time the plane hits the runway at their destination airport, their day-to-day schedules are perfectly planned out. Evidently, planning is very Posted by maxshustef in The Memoirs of a Frequent Traveler | Nov 28, 2013
- 130529: 5. Château Meyre (B&B), Castelnau-de-MédocOur first night's stay in Bordeaux was in [[http://www.chateaumeyre.com|Château Meyre]], a working winery and real château on the east side of Castelnau-de-Médoc. It was the most luxurious lodging we had on our trip. I had originally booked us [[http://ww Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 28, 2013
- 130529: 3. Bordeaux-St.-Estèphe-Pauillac-Listrac-CastelnauFrom the Bordeaux airport, we headed off for the Left Bank. We took highway E5 east, D1215 north, D2215 to D1 north, D1215E1 to D1215, D206 north to Pauillac, and D2 to St. Estèphe.
===Château Cos d'Estournel===
We drove non-stop Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 28, 2013
- LafayetteLafayette - what a magnificent department store. The domed stained glass roof is amazing and look at the tree! It was a huge 4 metres tall. All the flowers on the tree opened and closed and all the figurines Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 27, 2013
- A Cake Madame?
Sent from my iPod
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/631162/90_1173 Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 27, 2013
- View from the Eiffel TowerWhat a view! How cold was it up there-5C on the ground but even cooler up there. Very organised considering the amount of people they move through each day. We bought our tickets online and that is the way to Posted by Our-Adventure in The Big Journey | Nov 27, 2013
- 130531: 3. Bordeaux - Bordeaux; Paris===City of Bordeaux - UNESCO World Heritage Site===
From Sauternes we followed SR's GPS and drove several miles to the toll highway (A62) that took us to Bordeaux. Traffic was moderate and soon we were heading north into the city Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 26, 2013
- 130531: 2. Bordeaux - Sauternes===Sauternes===
Next we headed for Sauternes, famous for its sweet wines made by a natural process called botrytization, in which the botrytis mold slowly dries out the grapes on the vine, concentrating their flavors. The resulting wines have rich, inten Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 26, 2013
- 130530: 2. Bordeaux - W. side of Saint-Émilion, Pomerol[[http://www.bordeaux.com/img/vineyard/vineyard_map_us-uk.jpg|MAP of Bordeaux wine region]]
==Right Bank - Saint-Émilion==
===Château Cheval Blanc===
From D243 we made a sharp left onto D245 and soon arrived at [[http://www.chateau-cheval-blanc.com Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 26, 2013
- 130530: 3. Bordeaux - Town of Saint-Émilion[[http://www.bordeaux.com/img/vineyard/vineyard_map_us-uk.jpg|MAP of Bordeaux wine region]]
==Saint-Émilion - UNESCO World Heritage Site==
We arrived at the ancient town of Saint-Émilion at about 12:30pm. Getting in/out of this town is not a straigh Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 26, 2013
- Back in ParisToday Nerissa and Siovhan decided to spend much of the day separately. It was Nerissa's last day in Paris, so while Siovhan enjoyed a sleep-in and wandering the Champs Elysées, Nerissa revisited some of her favourite places in Montmartre and Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 25, 2013
- Farewell ToursOur last day in Tours! It has been so nice to be in a quieter area, out of a big city, and to be able to explore some if the Loire Valley and its beautiful countryside. Thus we were very Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 24, 2013
- A day in pretty AmboiseAfter the false start yesterday, we were once again up early to head to Amboise - a lovely town on the Seine about 20 minutes by train from Tours.
The centre of Amboise is dominated by the royal castle (château) that Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 24, 2013
- A difficult morning but a lovely afternoonOur second day in Tours saw us up early and off to the train station for a day in the local town of Amboise. However, when we arrived at the station and went to buy our tickets Siovhan discovered she Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 23, 2013
- A break in the countryFor our first day in Tours we decided to have a quieter 'rest' day. This meant getting up early enough (but not too early) to head down the street to the local markets, which our local airbnb host kindly told Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 23, 2013
- Some markets and another train tripToday was a busy day of negotiating the streets and metros of Paris.
Siovhan and Nerissa headed to the famous Saint Ouen markets in northern Paris for the morning. These markets are massive, spread across a wide area, and include Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 21, 2013
- A Birthday Weekend in Paris - Day 3===Un anniversaire à Paris - le troisième jour===
Le troisième jour was the pièce de résistance of this birthday weekend, the main reason for people visiting Paris. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.
We headed o Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Nov 20, 2013
- Getting ourselves some CultureToday was a cold and wet day. Not the best for exploring a city.
We did however head up the hill to the Sacré Cœur (Sacred Heart) Cathedral; it sits at the top of Montmartre on a hill that normally Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 20, 2013
- SOUTH OF FRANCE Part Duex
For our three-week adventure in the South of France we decided to live the high life and hire a rental car. This meant it was see you later Albert and goodbye Ronald as our travel buddies we Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Nov 19, 2013
- 130604: Paris: Musee d'Orsay===Musée d'Orsay===
In the late morning SR and I caught the RER to the Musée d'Orsay. Because we had the Paris Pass (includes the Paris Museum Pass), we got through the line quickly and got in free. We still had to Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Sep 15, 2013
- 130529: 4. Dinner at Le Patio RestaurantAs I was checking in at Chateau Meyre, the receptionist recommended a restaurant called [[http://www.restolepatio.fr|Le Patio]] in town (Castelnau-de-Médoc). After we settled in and had rested a bit, we headed into town for dinner.
The restaura Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 18, 2013
- Paris - très bien!Bonjour! Ça va? Nous sommes très heureux d'être à Paris!!
As mentioned earlier, we have made it safely to Paris, and spent our first day exploring some of the city. We spent a lot of our morning wandering around the Île Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 18, 2013
- 130529: 2. Arrival in Bordeaux==Paris-Orly to Bordeaux==
Our flight from Paris/Orly to Bordeaux was uneventful. For most of the flight there was nothing to see due to heavy cloud cover. Here are a few pictures from our final approach into Bordeaux:
[i]The Garonne River and old Posted by aristo60 in 130522-130605: Europe | Nov 18, 2013
- Welcome to the City of Metz ![center]Welcome to the City of Metz ![/center]
Metz, the discreet ! This is how I would describe this City...
As opposed to its famous neighbour city Strasbourg, immediately recognizable through its black and white buildings, its Christmas Ma Posted by victorian67 in Escapades around the 3 Borders Country | Nov 18, 2013
- Paris, France, Part One
So here is my latest entry for my Summer trip to Paris, solo for one week. I stayed at MIJE Faucounnier Hostel in a private room which was very nice, clean and comfortable. Very centrally loca Posted by KayleighTwyman in Kayleigh's Travel Reports | Nov 17, 2013