- Missing YouThe word 'manquer' provides an interesting lesson in French. In English, when we miss someone, we say "I miss you" but in French, the proper form for such a sentiment is 'Tu me manques,' which actually suggests the opposite to Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 6, 2016
- Normandy travelDear readers
Sorry for the no show for a couple of days
Been really flat out travelling, eating, drinking and generally having a great time.
The first morning of this trip, we went to this beautiful Chateau. Filled with all sorts of antiques Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 4, 2016
- Notre damWell, visiting Notre Dam was definitely on my to- do list! I just wanted to get up close to those gargoyles!!!
The only problem was, to do so I had to climb 387 steps.... Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- Sainte Chapelle I visited Sainte Chapelle, a gothic church built in 1248! Although a lot of it has been rebuilt following the French Revolution, but 70% of the glass is original. A building couldn't be more different inside than out. I loved Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- my visit to the Louvre
well, I thought you can't come to Paris, and not see the Louvre, so I went along on Friday evening, to be honest, not expecting a lot. Virtually everybody says they were Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- Emmaus Part TwoHopping on the bus at the requisite hour of 9:30, I settled in for the 25 minute ride to Emmaus but soon became distracted by a very interesting article on French negation (I kid you not). Fortunately, I looked up Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 4, 2016
- DAY 38 PARISSLEPT IN AFTER LATE NIGHT. HEADED OF TO THE LOUVE WHERE I SAW REMBRANDTS, DELACROIX, TURNER, CONSTABLE, GAINSBOROUGH AND MONA WAS THERE WITH ALL HER FRIENDS. THERE IS THIS RING AROUND HER AND I REALLY DONT THINK THEY ARE IONTERESTED Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 4, 2016
- Day 37 ParisWe walked to the Eiffel Tower this morning and did a tour of the tower. We went right to the top, the very top. You have to take two different lifts. Thought Bron might pull out half way but she Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 4, 2016
- Out and About in NancySince I stretched myself so much the previous day, I took a rest on Wednesday. Now that I have conquered the town supermarkets, it's easy enough to accomplish a quick shop so I now consider that part of a slow Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 3, 2016
- Day 36 Prague to Paris (by plane)
Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 2, 2016
- Paris Day 3 - 4Dear Readers
Hope all is well with you all
So our adventures started with doing our Laundry. Who'da thunk it to travel all this way to do washing. But has to be done. So off to the Lavarie we go. On arrival, Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 2, 2016
- First day in ParisWell I have managed to get through my first day in Paris. I used the RER train to get from the airport into Paris and then throughout the day and night used the metro 8 Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 2, 2016
- Taking photos like a professional ;-) Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 2, 2016
- Viva Le FranceWe caught our 2 km taxi for $20 are happy to be leaving Tanger.
Upon entering the Airport, through two security checks just to get in the front door (which was painless and not a bad idea) the check in Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Sep 1, 2016
- Day 2 - 3Hello all
We picked up our tickets for the Hop on Hop off bus Tuesday morning. Got taken to this very deserted street off the main roads of Paris and the driver was out of there like a shot!!! Kinda made Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Aug 31, 2016
- My New JobSo, today is my big day, starting a new job, albeit a volunteer one, and with no Myriam in sight. She's my security blanket while in France, but today I have to go it alone. Given that I am going Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 31, 2016
- BloodlettingToday, I awoke early. (I now consider 8:30 early; gosh, I've got to get a job!) Since I had a full day planned, it was necessary to get on the move at a decent hour. I needed to get my Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 31, 2016
- ParisSo dear readers
We've survived the nearly 20hrs of travel getting here.
I did put a couple of posts up on Facebook, so sorry to those who don't have FB access.
So we managed to get through OK without too many Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Aug 29, 2016
- Typical SundayToday was another 'home' day; for the kids, this meant relaxing with friends, although I know Marine has started to review her school notes from last year in preparation for another tough year ahead; for Myriam, it meant another day Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 29, 2016
- Why am I Here?Today was a difficult day, largely because the heat has drained incentive from me; consequently, I haven't been outside lately and am feeling the doldrums come upon me. To distract myself, Al Pacino and I shared a movie (he acting Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 28, 2016
- Leaving FranceTotal # of Nights: 24
Total # of Stops: 6 - Paris, Beaune, Lyon, Sablet, Avignon, Carcassone
Expenses for France: US$3,800 (about $160/day, so $10/day over our not-so-strict budget)
-Food, Entertainment (Museums), and Local Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 27, 2016
- The last leg- back through FranceStopped on the river Ain for one night
Then went to a spacious campsite in the countryside near Moulins.
Enjoyed the super hot weather, walking in the countr Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 27, 2016
- The Good DoctorThe other day, when walking, I came across a medical laboratory in town. Ah, now that's handy, I thought, as I need to get a regular monthly blood test. When mentioning what I had discovered on my walk that day Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Aug 27, 2016
- Oh so Nice!After leaving Italy we headed into France to the city of Nice. While we were very excited to see the city which my aunty and cousin have raved about, we were also a little sad because we knew that this Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Aug 26, 2016
- More CarcassoneWe let ourselves sleep in until 8:30, and has a leisurely breakfast at home with Stephen's masterful pour over coffee. Well-rested and well-fed, we walked to the medieval city to explore a bit. We'd sort of seen already seen most Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Aug 26, 2016