- A Birthday Weekend in Paris - Day 2===Un anniversaire à Paris - le deuxième jour===
Having had a great, action packed day yesterday, and slightly disappointed that we ran out of time to check out the views of Paris from atop the Notre-Dame, we worked it into our Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Nov 3, 2013
- Just Plain QuirkyOne of the things that make for wonderful shared memories of our travels is the "just plain quirky".
Sometimes it's the serious art that's quirky, sometimes the street art, sometimes the way people decorate their buildings, sometimes people's behaviour Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Nov 3, 2013
- Paris and the SeineWe chose to not do the optional excursions offered by AMA, and instead headed out on our own after a leisurely morning. The metro/light rail system is relatively easy to navigate and we purchased a full day ticket for Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Nov 2, 2013
- Touristing in ParisPart of the reason why I love visiting Paris is because it has so many layers.
As I mentioned in an [[http://owengadflies.travellerspoint.com/18/|earlier entry]], on our first visit we saw some of the iconic places in Paris, but as we Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Nov 2, 2013
- Paris and the SeineWe departed our home for the past seven nights at about 9:30am and started our city tour. We were essentially killing time until our hotel rooms were ready but the tour was really good. I saw a bunch Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Nov 1, 2013
- Paris and the SeineWe cruised in the evening closer to Paris and arrived at Conflans. Our excursion today was the Malmaison, the home of Napoleon Bonapart and Josephine. It's relatively small in comparison to many chateaus and is quite liveable. Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Nov 1, 2013
- Paris and the SeineWe spent our morning cruising the Seine, as we headed to our next stop of Les Andelys. It was a beautiful morning and the cruising was very relaxing.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/48 Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Nov 1, 2013
- More Monet Than CentsBonjour from Paris...
We chose a return visit to Paris after our trip to Egypt was for fairly obvious reasons cancelled . Having said that, one of the people we met on the African adventure travelled there the week after our Posted by sandjharvey in Our Gap Year | Oct 31, 2013
- Our new digs in Old TownSince we've been back to France, I've obviously begun my new job...about an hour from Nice by bus, and perhaps a 30 min drive depending on the traffic. One of the schools where I work is quite far and Posted by Meghan.Gardner in Our France Adventure | Oct 31, 2013
- Mopping Up My DribbleI don't want to bore you with a diary of each day in Paris so I thought I might just cover some general topics .
So this one is a little foray into French food.
I've loved French food all my adult Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 31, 2013
- Musing at MuseesLast time we went to Paris I felt slightly embarassed when I returned and admitted we hadn't been to The Louvre.
We'd only visited one art gallery, the Musee Rodin. But it had been a quite deliberate Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 30, 2013
- Paris and the SeineWe spent the day today in Rouen, one of the great medieval cities of Europe - wonderfully beautiful and majestic. It was about 45% destroyed during World War II, but luckily the Cathedral of Notre Dame du Rouen survived Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 30, 2013
- Paris and the SeineFor the "Greatest Generation" of Americans, Canadians, English and the French from Normandy, no event in the Battle of Europe in WWII was more important than the D-Day invasion. To visit the beaches is a remarkable experience, necessary to Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 30, 2013
- Fifteen Days in My Favourite City Stretch Ahead of UsIt was back in January when I booked our October accom in Paris.
In case you haven't heard the back story to this trip, the plan was hatched after Phil's 60th birthday. He wanted a party and I delivered. Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 28, 2013
- Cycling in ChampageChampagne is not Champagne unless it is from the Champagne region (and meets a ton of other special criteria). All others are forms of sparkling wine "sekt". These are not my rules. They are the rules of the French. Take Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 28, 2013
- An Immersion in War:Having chateaued ourselves out, we moved on to Picardie which is an area north of Paris and south of Amiens. Our intention had been to stay in Reims (FYI pronounced in a most nasal and guttural tone as Runce Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 28, 2013
- I Wouldn't Call It Excessive But...Yes I know I haven't written for a while but I have to have the experiences to be able to tell the stories. And now I'm on the plane home I've got the time to tell the stories.
So last Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 28, 2013
- Paris and the SeineWe spent the morning heading into the tidal section of the Seine passing Rouen and then meandering to the coast.
We tied up at about noon and left for our Abbey's of Normandy tour at 1:15pm
Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 27, 2013
- Paris and the SeineWe got underway about 10:15pm last night and many headed topside to watch the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower. Heading north on the river we traversed four sets of locks during the night and arrived at the wonderful Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 27, 2013
- Paris and the SeineWe had a leisurely morning today. After another great breakfast and some relaxing, we went back out on the Champs Elysee again for more perfume on orders from the home front. I am now in possession of 200 Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 25, 2013
- Paris and the SeineLike I have done in the past, we flew to Dulles to get our international flight, this time on Iceland Air. This added leg saves up to several thousand dollars on a business class fare. Our flight over Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 25, 2013
- Last days on the Midi and Robine Canals
Saturday 19th October 13 (day 49)
I stood at our hotel window eating breakfast looking out over the Canal du Midi and just beyond it at the Gare du Carcassonne. The train station was Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Oct 22, 2013
- Paris29/9/13 Easyjet London - Paris, We arrived way too early at the terminal discovering we had a lot of time to kill. After watching the tv show about the Easyjet disasters I was a little worried about what Posted by Saussi67 in UK and Europe 2013 Paul and Shaz | Oct 21, 2013
- Off the bikes and into a car.
PHOTOS RELATING TO THIS BLOG CAN BE VIEWED ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE - just search Cindy Bruin
Tuesday 15th October 13 (day 45)
I booked a hire car over the internet (using the hotel compu Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2013 ADVENTURE CONTINUES IN A TUK TUK | Oct 21, 2013
- Notre plan de vol - Our Trip Details<div id='travellerspoint-map630857_539791'><script src='http://www.travellerspoint.com/badges/badge_membermap.cfm?user=Brivanaken&tripid=539791&badgeid=travellerspoint-map630857_539791&height=300&width=450'></script><p class='travellerspoint-map-link'>Vie Posted by Brivanaken in 22 jours en Australie | Oct 20, 2013