- Almost 5 Months I have reached the point where there has been talk of my return to the US. This is also the time where my teachers have realized that I somewhat understand, alors, I have to participate. At the parent-teacher meeting, I Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Jan 13, 2016
- Post-ChristmasSo three swedes, four french people, and an american walk into a bar.
This is not the beginning of a joke, it's what happened yesterday
As incredibly cheesy as this is, it made my mom laugh so
Shout out to Uncle J! Thanks Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Jan 4, 2016
- Quick GetawayWe found out at the end of October that the pub was going to be closed for refurbishment for a couple of weeks. YAY! Awesome excuse to get away from the cold winter heading our way.
We purchased a van Posted by MorganErikaOE in Love & Adventures | Dec 28, 2015
- Hello, c'est moiBeen pretty busy trying to get some things done for college/enjoying the French holiday festivities so here's some very unorganized notes that I have taken during the past two weeks:
Tip: Saying the english word with a french accent usually works.. Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Dec 16, 2015
- Second Host Family!Yesterday after French Thanksgiving dinner, I moved to my second host family. As a going away present from my first family I got a Christmas countdown calendar with chocolate. As a welcome present from my second family I got... a Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Nov 30, 2015
- VabalaiJachtininkai sveikina vienas kitą "Su Naujais Metais!!!" kaskart, kai po žiemos pavasarį nuleidžia laivus nuo kranto į vandenį. Jau rašiau ("Viduržemiai. Baisiausia Autonuostabybė"), kaip man kampuotai tie Nauji Metai prasidėjo šiemet, kai BILLABONG padėj Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Nov 24, 2015
- Stories Part 3Half the Rotary club thought I was from Oregon because 1.) Oregon is pronounced Or-hey-goan so kind of like Ohio I guess 2.) Oregon is commonly known here because of Portland
At the district governor meeting two different Rotarians asked if Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Nov 22, 2015
- Toits du Palais Garnier[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/789219/toits_floor_1. Posted by ryanmethot in paris | Nov 16, 2015
- A Road Trip from Toulouse to Paris via Normandy[center][/center]
After vacationing in Portugal I had a four day gap before my flight out of Paris. What to do, and how to get to Paris? Turns out flights to Paris from Lisbon were exp Posted by acanuckabroad in A Canuck Abroad | Nov 16, 2015
- Po kiek Egalite, Fraternite ir Liberte šiandien?
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, jauki įlanka visai šalia Nicos, š.m. rugpjūtis. BILLABONG saugiai stovi ant inkaro, o mudu su Lolita kasdien išsilaipiname į krantą valtimi ir traukiniu keliaujame Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Nov 16, 2015
- Pray for ParisAs by now everyone knows, Paris was assaulted last night by cowards who murdered and maimed innocent people. As an American who lives a train ride from NYC and watched that city change forever, I know there are no words Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Nov 14, 2015
- Louis Vuitton FoundationI love Louis Vuitton. I love Frank Gehry architecture. Last year, when I read that the Louis Vuitton Foundation was opening an art museum on the outskirts of Paris and they had chosen Frank Gehry to design it, I Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Nov 13, 2015
- Armistice Day in Paris: A Day of RemembranceIt's probably not impossible for me to have a bad day in Paris, but I can't think of one. I have had several top of the line, it-doesn't-get-better-than-this days. More than my share. Today was one and it was all Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Nov 11, 2015
- Paris KeysPeople worry about me when I travel. I worry too, but not about normal things like getting robbed. That can happen anywhere and did actually happen to me in my quiet suburban town when burglars broke into my house and Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Nov 10, 2015
- The 6 B'sIn honor of the 6 B's presentations this past weekend, I thought I'd post how I have been putting them to use. The 6 B's are Rotary's alternative to the 4 D's which are no drinking, driving, dating, or drugs. Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Nov 9, 2015
- Paris Markets: Part 6Another Sunday; another market to explore. I'm going to run out of Sundays long before I run out of markets. To add to my challenge, next week many of the Christmas markets will open. No big surprise, but I have Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Nov 8, 2015
- Paris: Neighborhood WalkEvery neighborhood in any city has its own unique atmosphere. My temporary home in Paris is no exception. I currently live on the western edge of the 4th arrondissement in an area known as Beaubourg, a short block away from Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Nov 5, 2015
- MG Owners Club Tour Mallorca & Brittany 2015 (9)For various reasons the blog didn’t get finished but a few people have rung to see if we actually got home so here is a retrospective wrap up of the last few days of the holiday
Northeast of Guerande is the Posted by Tony and Penny in Tony and Pennys Travels | Nov 5, 2015
- Paris: The City of Light Gets Everything Right The list of things that are better in Paris is almost infinite. The food is fantastic, the wines are world-class, the clothes are cutting-edge, and the macarons are magnifique. But what you might not know is that all Posted by TraceyG in Escape From New York | Nov 3, 2015
- Perfume in ParisI adore perfume. I find scents seductive and, of course, they are designed to seduce. We all seem to be attracted to different types of fragrance; florals, orientals, fruits and naturals for example. To make perfume even more interesting, scents Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Nov 2, 2015
- Paris Markets: Part 5This is my favorite food street in Paris. Not technically a market, Rue Lepic is a market street. I lived a few blocks away from Rue Lepic when I spent a month in Paris last January. My apartment now is Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Nov 1, 2015
- October 20 Day 8Day 2 in Paris
Today we have tickets for the Orley. Even with tickets the line was 1/2 hour to get in, probably because it was closed yesterday and the Louvre is closed today.
Spent two hours enjoying the paintings and Posted by CheryleB in 2015 Adventure | Nov 1, 2015
- October 19 Day 7Day 7 - Paris
Up and off to the Louvre. The Louvre is a LARGE A shaped building where the top of the A is flattened.
There are many staircases taking you down half floors, to opposite sides of the floor Posted by CheryleB in 2015 Adventure | Nov 1, 2015
- October 18 Day 6Day 6 and we are off to Paris
Up at 3am and out of the apartment by 3:45.
I was surprised that there were a few people out and about, including one young couple trying to walk straight, alternately staggering and holding Posted by CheryleB in 2015 Adventure | Nov 1, 2015
- Paris: The Covered Passages 2There are more passages to explore than there is time in one day. Two that follow the Passage des Panoramas are just off the Boulevard Montmartre not far from the Opera Garnier and the Grand Boulevard where the wonderful Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Oct 31, 2015