- ParisIt has been quite a couple of days. Everyone seemed to deal with the school bus cancellations well and the bus ride to Montreal was without incident, arriving in Montreal shortly before 4:00. It took quite a while to get Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 12, 2014
- Victory is a delicious thing!!!A big part of the Christmas tradition in France, and throughout Europe, is local Christmas Markets (I’ve already posted a little bit about the one here in Besançon). Last weekend, the international group organized a trip to Lyon to Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Dec 12, 2014
- Paris finaleOK, just a few cool things to wrap up a most excellent 10 days (!) In Paris.
First a note about lily gilding. I did happen by chance to wander over to the Champs Elysees in the evening when I Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 9, 2014
- More snapshots of ParisMy French expat friend Evelyn gave me an extensive list of must-do's in Paris and this entry is largely in honor of her success in laying out some great recommendations.
First, I went down to the Jardin des Plantes in Paris.
But Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 7, 2014
- Snapshots of ParisThis is going to be a bit of a hodgepodge (is that one word or two-or is it even a word?). I am going to violate chronology a bit as well, probably. Suffice it to say that Paris Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 5, 2014
- Paris[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/BB1F9077E982A8DBFA3645E098971D0E.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Dec 3, 2014
Now we are only one and a half hours away from Paris ( Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Dec 3, 2014
- International Thanksgiving and more!Obviously, last week was Thanksgiving in the US (I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and was able to spend some time with family!). I have always loved Thanksgiving for precisely that reason – it’s a day where Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Dec 2, 2014
- Louis Vuitton Museum - what all those handbags can buyYes, the infinite variety of the global microbiome finally caught up with me and I have a cold. It has slowed me down a bit both with sightseeing and with blogging, but I'll put this one up because it's Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Dec 2, 2014
- Paris, Pompidu and circumstanceHeaded into the center of Paris for the first time. My first reaction is - it looks exactly like Paris. It is such a photographed city that it is hard not to come with a preconception of the Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 30, 2014
- ParisHad an early morning flight from Athens to Paris (economy class - oh, the horror!) and then negotiated the train and met with my host in Paris, Jean Jay. Settled into the apartment and did a bit of blogging, Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 30, 2014
- It Was All About Beating The Rain - NiceWe arrived in Nice after crossing the border from Italy. It was the first time we had seen police board the train and remove people trying to sneak into another EU country. (Apparently this happens a lot as Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 30, 2014
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...Well, the Christmas season is officially in full swing here! At the beginning of November, they started setting up the Christmas market in the biggest square downtown, the Place de la Révolution. It opened this week, so [i]of Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Nov 25, 2014
- Last Day in ParisWe had an extremely busy last day in Paris. We wanted to wake up early, but both of us were completely exhausted from our long day yesterday. We finally got up and started our day around 11:00. Our first task Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Nov 20, 2014
- Chateau Burnand[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/CCA5B43997405D05AA52E20C3E11EDCD.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Nov 20, 2014
- Chilly Day in ParisWe had an early and chilly start to our day this morning. We started off waking up to grey skies and 37 degree weather. We made some hot coffee right away and I started cooking some bacon and rice for Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Nov 19, 2014
- St Gengoux 🇫🇷
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/AED3B566BEA2568344474CD85F15736C Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Nov 19, 2014
- Disneyland Paris!We woke up before sunrise again. We had an early morning preparing for a long and exciting day at Disneyland Paris! I started making some strong coffee right away, then got some rice and bacon cooking for breakfast. Once that Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Nov 18, 2014
- Day 164 - to ParisMichelle and Daniel came to say goodbye at 10am. We gestured and spoke a little of each other's languages and shared a lot of smiles. They are kindly going to keep/dispose of all the items we won't bring back with Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Nov 18, 2014
- Uzès[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/270_95A2602FD2A4C5F28BA713A4 Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Nov 18, 2014
- Musée de l'OrangerieWe explored yet another great museum today! We first woke up around 9:00 this morning but dozed off again on accident. When we got up for real, we made breakfast together. We had some yummy bacon, rice and salsa, along Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Nov 17, 2014
- Another good week made even better by the food that I ate...I have had a relatively calm week (that really only means that I haven’t left Besançon – but there has been plenty to do here, too). I spent an inordinate amount of time last weekend pulling together my plans Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Nov 17, 2014
- Cotignac[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/700620/753F0317006D08FCE7CFD49ED4309C49.jpg Posted by saltydog4481 in Where's Harry? | Nov 17, 2014
- Marché Bastille and Musée d'OrsayWe had another fantastic day exploring Paris. We started our day off earlier than yesterday and had our coffee and yogurt around ten this morning. We headed out of the apartment soon after and walked over to the Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Nov 16, 2014
- 34 Road To RomeTUESDAY 23RD... Road to Rome.
Dragged our cases to leaving hotel and arrived at 6am. Very nice receptionist there told us to help ourselves to breakfast as we were too early to dine at our Hotel. Looked at the other dinners Posted by RuthWinmill in Ruth & Ralph's RTW Trip | Nov 16, 2014