- Lyon to TouronHello Dear Readers
Hope all are well.
Finally I'm able to take a breath without coughing up my lungs and any other content which might be on offer. This bug really knocked the bejeezus out of me. But am rallying now and Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 12, 2016
- I Hate FrenchI hate French. I mean, I really hate it. There are so many tenses; the conjugations are hard to remember; and the past participles, so varied. And the pronunciation -- egad, I sound so flat and harsh to my own Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 12, 2016
- End of the WeekThis morning, once we had readied the clothes section of Emmaus for the public, we moved onto the shoes. As I was distributing footwear to the various areas, I saw a couple of pairs priced for 100 euros ($150)! This Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 12, 2016
- Last day in MarsailleWell 1,463 photos later, I have reached my last day in Marseille. I am leaving at 5 am tomorrow morning to get the high speed train to the airport then I'm leaving France.
The first two photos are for my Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 11, 2016
- Hot MarsailleWell, I hate to say it, but the in excess of [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 10, 2016
- LyonDear Readers
Apologies for not being in contact for a day or two and not keeping up with the blog thingo!!
So, where to start.
We arrived back in Paris early AM Thursday 8th. I was feeling a little under the weather, Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 10, 2016
- It's Not Just MeI spent much of the day with Myriam, doing typical Mom things like running errands and being chauffeur. This woman spends a lot of her time planning meals, buying food, preparing ingredients, freezing fruit, cooking and completing after-meal clean up. Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 10, 2016
- Bus EtiquetteWednesday saw me on the morning bus bound for Emmaus once again. This time the driver was a young man, with earbuds firmly planted in his ears, who was still able to provide a quick 'Bonjour.' Things are looking Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 10, 2016
- MarseilleI have been exploring Marseille a little. First the Old Port (which is pretty modern!) and then one of the older parts of town, the Panier. This area is having a resurgence and is becoming very arty now.
Oh, Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 9, 2016
- RandonnéeAs Tuesday dawned bright and sunny once again, I decided a 'randonnée' was in order. The family had been talking about Nico showing me the Plateau de Ludres; however, Nico has gone and sprained a ligament in his foot Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 8, 2016
- Languedoc outward bound: Albi===Our next destination in France was Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, a tiny village two hours to the north of Toulouse in the Causses du Quercy Natural Park with a reputation as one of the most beautiful towns in the region. We parked at Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Sep 8, 2016
- MarseilleI took the fast train to Marsaille.
The first two photographs are views from St Charles Train Station. 27 degrees but seemed way hotter. So hot I needed to buy a hat (now I must look the real French gentleman, as Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 8, 2016
- And We Are Off....Well we could not sleep so we were up and at it at 4:30am, so decided to set off for Ashford early, due to the M20 being closed for repairs to the bridge where the lorry had bought it down. Posted by Jansie in Here We Go Again | Sep 8, 2016
- The French ArmageddonThe last couple of days haven't really been too notable. Myriam did celebrate a birthday on the weekend and I was surprised to find that they have the same habits we do; they decorated her gluten-free chocolate cake with these Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 7, 2016
- Les AnderlysDear Readers
Yesterday we went to the Somme Battlefields and saw first hand a minute glimpse what our diggers had to endure. All because some Prussian King did't like things the way they were with regard to territory. I'm sure there Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 7, 2016
- Last day in Paris Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 6, 2016
- Missing YouThe word 'manquer' provides an interesting lesson in French. In English, when we miss someone, we say "I miss you" but in French, the proper form for such a sentiment is 'Tu me manques,' which actually suggests the opposite to Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 6, 2016
- Normandy travelDear readers
Sorry for the no show for a couple of days
Been really flat out travelling, eating, drinking and generally having a great time.
The first morning of this trip, we went to this beautiful Chateau. Filled with all sorts of antiques Posted by BeeandRon in Parisian Adventures | Sep 4, 2016
- Notre damWell, visiting Notre Dam was definitely on my to- do list! I just wanted to get up close to those gargoyles!!!
The only problem was, to do so I had to climb 387 steps.... Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- Sainte Chapelle I visited Sainte Chapelle, a gothic church built in 1248! Although a lot of it has been rebuilt following the French Revolution, but 70% of the glass is original. A building couldn't be more different inside than out. I loved Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- my visit to the Louvre
well, I thought you can't come to Paris, and not see the Louvre, so I went along on Friday evening, to be honest, not expecting a lot. Virtually everybody says they were Posted by airmailzen in France 2016 | Sep 4, 2016
- Emmaus Part TwoHopping on the bus at the requisite hour of 9:30, I settled in for the 25 minute ride to Emmaus but soon became distracted by a very interesting article on French negation (I kid you not). Fortunately, I looked up Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 4, 2016
- DAY 38 PARISSLEPT IN AFTER LATE NIGHT. HEADED OF TO THE LOUVE WHERE I SAW REMBRANDTS, DELACROIX, TURNER, CONSTABLE, GAINSBOROUGH AND MONA WAS THERE WITH ALL HER FRIENDS. THERE IS THIS RING AROUND HER AND I REALLY DONT THINK THEY ARE IONTERESTED Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 4, 2016
- Day 37 ParisWe walked to the Eiffel Tower this morning and did a tour of the tower. We went right to the top, the very top. You have to take two different lifts. Thought Bron might pull out half way but she Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 4, 2016
- Out and About in NancySince I stretched myself so much the previous day, I took a rest on Wednesday. Now that I have conquered the town supermarkets, it's easy enough to accomplish a quick shop so I now consider that part of a slow Posted by mzemliak in Parlez-vous Français? | Sep 3, 2016