- The North of The Southern Vosges is goodBut not too many places to eat, the local supermarket at Saale served it's purpose.
A boring run up to Colmar but then it got good after Ribeauville across to St Die, Senones & through the forest & jp over Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 29, 2015
- Chateauneuf-du-Pape & VacqueyrasWine tasting in Chateauneuf-du-Pape today. First appointment was at Beaucastel who has a longstanding partnership with Tablas Creek in Paso Robles. Membership at Tablas Creek has its previlage as we were able to get in for a special tour and Posted by dtbradley in South of France | Sep 29, 2015
- Beautiful day in ProvenceThe only plan for the day was to go to the market. Everyone but Mike and Cheryl came along. In addition to a number of things for dinner we bought a variety of fragrant soaps and Jackie found a sweater Posted by dtbradley in South of France | Sep 29, 2015
- Provence - Day 1Slept in late and didn't get up until 9:30 am. By the time we got to breakfast they were starting to close down, but we got some eggs and coffee. Walked around the property for a while and put my Posted by dtbradley in South of France | Sep 28, 2015
- MonacoGot up at 6:15 a.m. to get ready to head to Monaco. Troy slept in until 7:00 am. Had a quick breakfast and then drove to Cannes to catch the train. After a slight bit of confusion, we retrieved out tickets Posted by dtbradley in South of France | Sep 28, 2015
- BandolFirst stop after getting our rental car was Bandol for wine tasting. We had one winery in mind, Domaine Tempier. When we got there they only had one wine to taste. Two weeks earlier they had sold out of their Posted by dtbradley in South of France | Sep 28, 2015
- Disneyland Paris!My host father took me to the train station Friday morning. I met with the other student in Caen, Arianna, and we took the train (1 hour) to Bernay. Then we got onto a bus that took us to Paris. Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Sep 27, 2015
- DAY 142 - Saturday 19th September - ParisAfter a 142 day experiment i've definitely come to the conclusion that a memory foam pillow is not for me! I've tried to get on with it, i really have, but more often or not i a) miss hugging a Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 27, 2015
- Out of Provence to Cap d'AntibesThe Mediterranean was calling to us. We left St Remy in Provence a day early so we could head to the sea. We were up and out by eight so we could spend the whole day at the Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 25, 2015
- DAY 143 - Sunday 20th September - Paris to MonsAfter not getting to sleep til midnight it was a lazy morning to wake up at as we've had a busy couple of days continually being on the run doing something. Mel i knew would probably need some sleep Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 26, 2015
- On our way to Santiago de Compostella Time to go ....we leave without a formal breakfast and are soon on the highway aiming first for Burgos and then Leon, where we will spend the night. The day is cool , cloudy and misty although Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 24, 2015
- Spent the Day on the Ramparts of Les BauxSpent our last day in Provence under a cloudless blue sky but the Mistral wind is blowing fiercely. The locals say the mistral blows for three days and then if it blows on the 4th day it will blow Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 24, 2015
- Airbnb A Cautionary TaleI don't do reviews on this site normally, but this is a cautionary tale of a negative experience I had with Airbnb and a specific host. I want to be clear. I know there are thousands of good hosts Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Sep 24, 2015
- .......Wine tasting and the San Mateo FestivalWell here we are in the Roja.....nice breakfast with 3 other couples and we are ready to start day.
This is the heartland of this wine making region and the early morning was alive with the sound of growling tractors Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 23, 2015
- Sur Le Pont D'AvignonFinally made it to a town square market day. St Remy holds theirs on a Wednesday so we were able to walk into town in the morning to experience it. People were streaming in from every Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 23, 2015
- St-Remy-en-ProvenceJust a quick update today. Made a circle tour of the small villages nearby. Many Roman ruins like Glanum, a city, then aqueducts, windmills and arches. St Remy is winding streets of small shops and restaurants. Very Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 23, 2015
- Il Pluie part llAll friggin day!
Stair rods for most of it. We did get out for a walk during a brief interlude in the afternoon, got wet on the way back though.
Tomorrow looks better for our ride into Switzerland, we'll Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 22, 2015
- Sunny!Off out on the bikes today, a circular route over some great roads around the Vosges, hopefully The 'RIDE' route we've downloaded will work ok.
Tour shirts on and ready to go.
Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 21, 2015
- From Spain to France for a Night.....Another crisp, sunny morning low of around 6 Celsius but expected to reach a high in the mid teens ..........not bad for the Haut Pyrenees.
No breakfast included so we were off and running Posted by marcofisher in France and Spain 2015 | Sep 20, 2015
- Our First Glimpse of The Med!Yes. I fell in. Off the back of the boat.
One of the things they stress as you are getting your boat is to never swim in the canal, never even touch the water. All, and I mean all, the Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 21, 2015
- Socialising SundaySunny, sunny, sunny!............. Up late, A slow morning, breakfast & walked the dogs around the village, did I mention it was sunny and warm.
Off to a big family gathering for lunch at the home of Fabrice & Maxime, with Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Not The 2015 Italy Tour | Sep 21, 2015
- Last day in ParisA lazy day today.
Vignesh left at 11 to fly to Aberdeen to start his uni for the year.
Justin and I went for a walk along a canal.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 20, 2015
- Viva la France!Only one stop in France but really a great one for Mum. Got the entire French experience - cafes, small lane ways and markets in Aix en Provence and grand boulevards in Marseille. Brilliant sunshine!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/403576/IMG_0304 Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | Sep 20, 2015
- ParisAfter a late breakfast at a great pâtisserie, we walked to the Père Lachaise Cemetery, which was a lovely walk.
A number of famous people are buried there, including Ocsar Wilde, whose monument is surrounded by glass, because of the practice Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 19, 2015
- Descending the Seven Locks into BeziersTried to get off to an early start and then realized we were quite low on water. No showers for anyone until we rectified this oversight. With uncommon good luck we happened upon the small ville of Poihles, where Posted by greenbriar in France 2015 | Sep 19, 2015