- Country Three - ParisSome of you might recall I visited Chattanooga, Tennessee and[[http://pcotterlyroadtrip.travellerspoint.com/104/| Couch Surfed with a fine fellow named Tom Gardner]]. In case you missed it, he also posted this [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8tMziteZM Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 9, 2015
- PARIS[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/730573/90_image.jpg thu Posted by AndreMorais in All Around the World | Jul 8, 2015
- Sunday market in ProvenceThe concept for the week was that Anamarika had outlined an itinerary which we could elect to do or not do. There were three cars, so some flexibility. However, first day, we all went together. We arranged to breakfast at Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 8, 2015
- Meeting up with the v.d.B'sTime to change it up.
Our train wasn’t until midday, so I did some exploring of the shops, while Pete chilled out in the room, after our courtyard breakfast. Even managed to buy an outfit! It was piercingly hot on Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 8, 2015
- Final bike day to SeteLast day, but longest one. From 39 km per day previously, we had to do 52km. So, getting lost and adding 2km to our day wasn’t a great start. Still, we got to see the nine locks and aquaduct Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 8, 2015
- Taize: Hallelujah, we're here!Emmy and I are into our 3rd day at the Taize Community. My phone is in flight mode, only used for pics and the time and this is the first time that I have opened my tablet. That's the power Posted by MaxMaxwell in The Great Europe and Africa Expedition | Jul 7, 2015
- Country Three - FranceAfter jumping the barge, I spent a day and a night in[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Charit%C3%A9-sur-Loire| La Charities sur Loire]] wandering through the town and the church in the morning while it was cool.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/51 Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 6, 2015
- Tres Bon, Tres BonHaving arrived with time to spare for my ferry, I felt indulging in a large haddock and chips was an apt way to say 'farewell England'! Especially with the many miles which lay ahead. The ferry arrives in Dieppe at Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Jul 6, 2015
- Out and About in ParisFor those of you that are worrying that my walking and training for the 60k walk is dropping off, please stop worrying. We are averaging about 12-15k a day around the streets of Paris. Ian is falling asleep Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 6, 2015
- Country Three - AfloatAh yes, it was a fine barge - Over 50 feet long and about 15 feet wide. (Compare to England: Over 70 feet long and 7 feet wide)
[img=htt Posted by pscotterly in Three Countries in Four Weeks | Jul 4, 2015
- Bezieres and wine tastingOk, day three was a bit harder to start. Still, a French breakkie at the hotel helped. We stopped at Les Halles, the market, after our scrummy breakfast at the gorgeous hotel. Amazing place. We bought some quiche, and Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 3, 2015
- All go to NarbonneMan, did we sleep well. Fresh air, cycling, and some great wine. Magic sleeping formula. Pete did groan to think of another 39 km today. But, not really. We had a nice breakfast, before hitting the canal once more. A Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 3, 2015
- I Love ParisWe had a very smooth transfer to the airport and managed to have a very civilised breakfast that filled in our time to take off for the twelve hour flight to Paris. Couldn’t believe how easy our entry was Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 3, 2015
- Day 27. Thursday. Mauregard, France 🇫🇷We woke up to thunder and lightening. We went downstairs for a continental breakfast and the skies opened up! It rained as hard as I have ever seen. We actually got most of the car loaded in between bouts Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jul 2, 2015
- cartref modurSo why do I feel the need to refer to RV's, motorhomes and camping cars as.... cartref modur
Well why not
If the anglophobic French can refer to their beloved Chaussons as CAMPING CARS why shouldn't someone who has welsh ancestry use Posted by mdewfr in Preparation | Jul 2, 2015
- Where to beginHaving taken the step to buy a camping car/rv/motorhome (cartref modur) the next question is what do I do with it??
Drive it of course
Wherever you fancy going...
Well...within reason...avoid military installations and les Posted by mdewfr in Preparation | Jul 2, 2015
- Day 26 Wednesday. St. Malo 🇫🇷We left the the compound of Mont Saint Michel this morning and drove to Saint Malo. There we walked the ramparts of this medieval city. Oh my gosh what views. If the smell of the ocean didn't hit you the Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jul 1, 2015
- Day 25. Mont Saint Michel 🇫🇷19C at 8 AM this morning and it climbed rapidly. Dennis & Gin went into Pontorson for a clinic but couldn't find one so went to emerg. Dennis has bronchitis and was given 2 prescriptions. Couldn't fill it though as Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jul 1, 2015
- 24+ hours in Paris!Matt: We ended up getting into the city a little later than expected because our flight leaving TF Green was late, but the rest of the trip went smoothly and we arrived at our apartment on Rue Greneta 55 Posted by azzurro in Matt and Sue's Europe Trip 2015 | Jul 1, 2015
- Day one Cycling Canal du MidiToday our first French bike tour begins! I am confident it won’t be the last, I don’t know why. We have our hotel breakfast – yogurt, croissant, ham and cheese, and our tour organizer arrives shortly after 9am. Timor Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- Carcassone castles in the skyArriving so early is a bit tough. We stayed in the station for an hour as the sun rises. There is at least a cold drink, and some ability to charge Petes phone. Once ready to go, we plug Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- North, then long trip southNice lazy start, we met about 9.30am and went through a weirdly complicated check out. Breakkie in town at a new place, pastries and sandwich again but much better coffee I’m told. John loaded up with cheap, but nice, pink Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- Chinon's FortressWe woke to a slightly cooler morning. We’d arranged to meet at 9am, but the Callaghan's were running late. Instead we walked around the town centre for 30 mins, exploring the bridge view, Saturday market, narrow alleys and old house Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jul 1, 2015
- Loire Valley cave and moreIt was a shock to the system to have to be packed up and away by 7am. But we coped. We caught the Metro across to Gare Montparnesse and then onto the 8.03am TGV to Le Mans. That was a Posted by kkoopmanschap in Our French Adventure | Jun 29, 2015
- Hit the Mediterranean portsFrom Rome to Istanbul via Athens, Beirut and Alexandria ... It is the journey proposed by the exhibition "Mediterraneans, the great cities yesterday to people today" who stands to J1 18 May Finally Marseille per course, which we understand much Posted by Roberto13124 in efawgfagag | Jun 29, 2015