- Loire ValleyA taste of 12th,13th,14th and 15th century France..............[img=http://photos.travell Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jun 21, 2014
- EurocampWell after some pot luck we collected our hire car, right hand manual drive and found a mega supermarket and managed to get ourselves to the "campsite" before 7 pm Friday. Dave did a brilliant job driving on other side Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jun 21, 2014
- Day 16 - Loire ValleySo today we will introduce you to Oscar. But first the tank museum. We set off to Saumur where the museum is. It seemed to be taken forever as Sally was taking us through little towns and back roads. One Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 21, 2014
- Day 15 - Loire ValleyBonsoir folks!
Hope you are all well :)
Today the morning was off to a relaxing start. Did a few jobs, the kids swam in the pool.. nice and sunny. I've been reading the new Francine Rivers book that I've been Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 20, 2014
- A long trek..I didn't want to post a blog about my long solo journey until I was safely here - my mum would no doubt have worried. Sorry mum :-)
Well, that was a different day to the one I hoped for. I Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 20, 2014
- French Riviera... Playground of the Rich and Famous.. and usAfter what seemed an endless winter, summer finally arrived just in time for our stay on the French Riviera. On advise from one of our French hosts we decided to spend our week in Antibes, located between Cannes and Nice. Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Jun 20, 2014
- My worst fears... ...Came true through a phone call this morn, the local Suzuki dealer cannot get said part in time and not prepared to take a look due to our time scale. My insurance co won't transport my bike to Caen for Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 20, 2014
- What adventures will today bring!Well yesterday was interesting, we we rode 240 miles and ended up 60 miles from where we started the day - it's all a magical mystery tour!
Why do recovery drivers always park in the most inappropriate places - the first Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 20, 2014
- Day 14 - Loire ValleyWell, today was simply the best. I could die a very happy soul now, having crossed off a bucket list item of mine :)
We, Harrisons and Puks, got up early to a grey day, packed some food and set off Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 19, 2014
- Highs and lowsCame to this morning early with head buzzing of who to contact re passport. We went for breakfast and to have a word with the "English speaking"receptionist, who only speaks French, and why wouldn't she, she lives in France! Eventually Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 19, 2014
- On the road againBumbag collected, looks like it may have been run over a few times, but contents all there. Almost back at Brive after our detour, so around 200 miles to go to Tours. We'll scoot up the motorway a while Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 19, 2014
- OMGLynn's bag has been found! Cannot believe it. It was picked up by the motorway people, they found the receipt from the Suzuki garage, got hold of them, they spoke to recovery people who called breakdown company who then Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 19, 2014
- Loire ValleyWell travel plans to Switzerland aborted with much regret but arrival to Blois relatively straight forward. It is an amazing old town and the countryside around is famous for the Chateaux that dot the landscape. The Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jun 18, 2014
- A bit of blagging in BriveJust to add to Lynn's update....the roads and views yesterday were amazing and I think i'll be booking my bike in for a service in Montauban next year, we got to hang around the workshop checking out the bikes and Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 19, 2014
- A very long day....The day started once again in glorious sunshine. Very sad to leave Millau because it's such an amazing place and also it means the start of our journey home.
I somehow managed to be leading again and never to have been Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 18, 2014
- Day 13 - Loire ValleyToday we just blobbed out. Got up late, enjoyed having a good sleep and not rushing around. The kids swam in the pool and I read my book while 'watching' them. Late morning Ro, Ruby, Meren, Evie & I went Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 18, 2014
- Day 12 - Loire ValleyIt was a little sad to say goodbye to beautiful Paris, but we were all ready for a bit of space and less travel on the train, so we packed up with excitement about the day's travel ahead. The little Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 18, 2014
- Le Coupe du MondeThese past few days in Tours have been really busy. I have had a lot of homework to do, since our classes end on Friday, I have quite a bit due at the end of this week. On Sunday, I Posted by Lfurney in European Adventures | Jun 18, 2014
- On the MoveSo if this comes across a little muddled that 's because we are sitting on the balcony (window closed as it has just started raining) sipping French champagne (yes that is champagne and not sparkling!). Dinner is in about Posted by burgeea in France 2014 | Jun 18, 2014
- small problem....Lynn's bike has got an electrical fault, I could smell it and when we pulled overthere was also some smoke! Now waiting on call back from breakdown guys, luckily in some shade....update later :-(
Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 18, 2014
- A little more from MillauWe couldn't have asked for better weather yesterday - they say the sun shines on the righteous....they must have been on the same route as us! Lets hope they are also going to Brive la Gaillarde today! Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 17, 2014
- We've made it to Millau!Today has just been the best. This morn we got a German choir at breakfast which was rather unusual but nice. We headed off trying to avoid the rain that was due, the twisty roads were amazing. Much to my Posted by PBish1 in France - 2014 | Jun 17, 2014
- Switzerland cancelledWell Switzerland is not to be, there has been a train strike for over 1 week now (of course we had no idea as city functioning normally on metro) and our train to Luzern has been cancelled. There Posted by djssj in The big trip | Jun 17, 2014
- Paris memoriesHi all!
Now that Paris is behind us, I have time to add a few more photos. It's hard to put them in order on the blog or to label them, so they'll no doubt appear a bit random.
Some observations from Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 17, 2014
- Day 11Today we spent the morning at the house for some R&r and general catch up on stuff. We went for a walk with the girls (the boys went into Paris to visit the museum of inventions with Debbie Harrison) Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Jun 17, 2014