- "We are sailing" Part 3Day 11
At sea and in bed.
Unfortunately there were 2 bugs going around, a tummy one and a chesty one and we ended up with the tummy one. I left Gordon in bed as we had to sign up for the Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 1, 2016
- "We are sailing" Part 2I am sorry that these entries are coming along like buses now but we finally have a reliable wifi connection all be it at a price!
Day 6 Hiva Oa
There was another scrum to sign up for the smaller group so Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 1, 2016
- "We are sailing" Part 1Have you missed us?
What a shock coming back to Papeete was. We felt like hicks from the sticks arriving in the big city for the first time. Just shows how relaxing we found Moorea. I am glad we made Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Feb 1, 2016
- Bora BoraNow that football season has ended, we sailed to Bora Bora for the day.
Bora Bora, we are told, is the worlds most romantic island. It is also very hot - at least today. After Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 19, 2016
- MooreaAt about 8:00 am we arrived at Moorea. The island is supposed to be a favorite for honeymooners, second only to BoraBora. It is shaped like a heart and is very green and lush. After breakfast we got off the Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 19, 2016
- Papeete, TahitiTahiti is actually very different than we had expected. It is a pretty big city by French Polynesian standards. It is also a good size industrial port. After breakfast we did leave the ship and walk around the town as Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 16, 2016
- Rangiroa, French PolynesiaWe pulled into this island at about 8:00 am and after the ship received clearance we were tendered onto the island. Rangiroa has a population of 700 people. We walked to a very nice hotel on the island and explored Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 16, 2016
- coral atollit would be hard to describe the view from our room at this point. we are leaving the coral atoll known as Fakarava and the weather and view are spectacular. the atoll is a ring of Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 15, 2016
- Islands in the SunSomeone at LAN has a warped sense of humour when it came to scheduling the flight from Easter Island to Papeete. We waited at our hotel until 10.30pm to go to the airport and then waited to board. We left Posted by jayfuller12 in Victoria: Station to Falls | Jan 15, 2016
- first stop on Nuka Hivafeel good about not waking up with a pollywog this morning!
we visited Nuka Hiva this afternoon after yoga and a few mile walk on the treadmill. my fit bit has been incapable Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 13, 2016
- Equator CrossingI participated in a Polynesian art session on board that was led by a couple from Idaho. I picked the easiest possible design and was given a blank canvas tote. With lots of help from the teacher here is a Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 11, 2016
- Ship lifeSo the captain just announced that the ocean is 15,000 feet under the ship. That seems crazy to me. As of yesterday, we had traveled 1,450 miles on the ship. We still have a ways to go. The crew Posted by Karenamrrll in Asia and Oceania - 2016 | Jan 9, 2016
- French Polynesia: Scuba Diving Video with Sharks in Moorea Check out our latest travel video from scuba diving in Moorea (Tahiti)-- what an awesome experience we saw tons of black tip and lemon sharks, beautiful tropical fish and even a sea turtle :)
[b]If the video doesn't open in the Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jan 2, 2015
- Französisch-Polynesien - Teil 2Französisch-Polynesien erstreckt sich über ein riesiges Gebiet im Pazifik. Um sich ein Bild davon zu machen, empfiehlt sich folgende Karte. Als Referenz ist im Hintergrund Europa dargestellt. Tahiti ist bei Paris eingezeichnet, die Marquesas in der Ostsee Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Apr 26, 2015
- Französisch-Polynesien - Teil 1Nach unseren Camping-Eskapaden in Neuseeland war es höchste Zeit, uns von den Strapazen zu erholen. Und dafür gibt es zwischen Neuseeland und Südamerika kaum einen geeigneteren Ort als die weissen Strände und azurblauen Lagunen Tahitis.
Die Bezeichnun Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Apr 22, 2015
- Feb. 12 - BORA BORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA
This was our early morning approach to Bora Bora. A focus of the Serenity’s lecturers in the past few weeks has been early explorations of South Pacific islands, the h Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 14, 2015
- Feb. 11 - PAPEETE, TAHITI
Our noon arrival in French Polynesia
Papeete is the capital of these 118 i Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 13, 2015
- Day 11 Papeete,Tahiti Today we awoke back where we started in Papeete, another sunny and beautiful day. We traveled a total of 1,910.5 nautical miles and about 10,000 air miles.
We had to be off the ship by 10 am, but our flight home Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 16, 2015
- Day 10 Rangiroa AtollSunny again today, although it rained briefly this morning before we left the ship.
We did not have a tour scheduled today, but this was our last opportunity to snorke Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 13, 2015
- Day 9 At SeaToday was another bright sunny day. Our cabin must have been facing east this morning because the sun came streaming in as soon as I opened the drapes.
We played in Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 12, 2015
- Day 8 Nuku HivaAfter the long hot tour of Nuku Hiva yesterday afternoon I wasn't really expecting to do much in Nuku Hiva today. The beach and water near the tender pier were not very inviting so I thought we would just check Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- Day 7 Nuku HivaFor some reason I wasn't able to add this final part to Day 7, so here it is as Part 2:
This evening we ate in the Toscana restaurant, excellent food and friendly service. We enjoyed meeting a couple from Washington Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- Day 7 Nuku Hiva, the MarquesasWe sailed a day and a half and arrived in Nuku Hiva about noon today. Nuku Hiva is the largest of the Marquesas islands and the 2nd largest island in French Polynesia.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727390/66A0EDCAA5E2D3B3A5ACCF47D245E1A2.jp Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- Day 6 At Sea Today is Jim's birthday. We are at sea all day enroute to Nuka Hiva in the Marquesas Islands.
Our activities today started with indoor putting - I tied for 1st, Jim tied for 2nd. Next was needlepoint for me and Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 10, 2015
- Slice of ParadiseHappy New Year!
This year we decided to spend Christmas and New Year elsewhere and our chosen destination was Moorea in French Polynesia. New Zealand may be a long way from anywhere else but jump on a plane for 4 or Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Jan 9, 2015