- Staying on a motu (a lagoon islet)Flora picked us up at Franky’s Fare to take us to her pension on the islet of Motu Mahare. We had booked two nights on the motu and three at her place ‘Tifaifai et Café’. On the way, she had Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 13, 2016
- Taking it easy in laid back HuahineThe sun was just setting when we reached Huahine airport. What an atmosphere: no clouds and a golden glow with the silhouettes of Raiatea, Taha’a and Bora Bora in the distance.
Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 9, 2016
- The sacred islandIt had just been a 15 min flight from Bora Bora to Raiatea and before we realized it, we were landing again. Our baggage arrived promptly – an advantage of tiny airports. Andrew, the owner of the Manava Lodge, picked Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 7, 2016
- The classical honeymoon destinationIt was just a 10 min hop from Maupiti to Bora Bora. So before we knew it, we were there already.
It did not take long to get our bags and to board the ferry to Bora Bora’s main island.
Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 26, 2016
- Perfect island paradise It was love at first sight. Already from the air Maupiti looked simply perfect: a volcanic island with a high peak surrounded by an emerald lagoon and five rather flat coral islands.
Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 20, 2016
- Maeva / Bienvenue / Welcome French PolynesiaOn long distance flights, for us most airlines are pretty much the same: there’s individual in-flight entertainment, mediocre food and some kind of cheap toy article handed out for kids. But this time, there was a first: never before did Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 17, 2016
- Tranquil day on Mo'oreaA tranquil day started with a perfectly grilled Mahi Mahi at our favorite lunch place with Mt Rotui in the background
In the afternoon off to the beach and the beach Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 28, 2016
- Lazy Tuesday AfternoonAs Small Faces sang 'Lazy Sunday Afternoon, I've got no Mind to Worry, Close my Eyes and Drift A-Away'. Except for a hat it's been Tuesday it fits our day perfectly.
GREAT lunch at PERFECT location of Snack Mahana. Simple, honest Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 28, 2016
- Travellerspoint Featured PhotosTwo of our photos, taken on Mo'orea yesterday, have been selected as featured photos on the main page of travellerspoint.com -so even amateurs like us can get the it right sometimes. The two photos are
Mt. Rotui with Cook's Bay on Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 27, 2016
- Exploring Mo'oeraAfter our light breakfast
We set out to explore this fantastic island.
Both the coastline with and without Tahiti in the background.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 26, 2016
- And arriving on Mo'oeraLanded safely and picked up the rental car before following the agent to the villa.
First impressions with the view is pretty awesome.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoi Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 25, 2016
- Leaving Bora BoraThe time has come to move on to Mo'orea. Some last impressions of Bora Bora.
[img=http Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 25, 2016
- Last day on Bora BoraStill warm and sunny on our last day on Bora Bora and another perfect day to enjoy. Long lazy breakfast before taking bicycles to the beach. As you can see it is not exactly crowded.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/834471/B844D68CD58D0D157B1A7AB2B Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 25, 2016
- Friday nightThe Lonely Planet guide was right when It said that you don't come to Bora Bora to party, but we do our hest anyway
Otherwise getting into island life and done as lit Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 24, 2016
- Local ladiesIn between all the honeymooners
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/834471/90 Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 23, 2016
- Another lazy dayWe're getting into lazy island life, but cycling to the he beach the view is not too bad
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/834471/90_5AF4D0A6FE54491CBC0CA7A423A6D1C1 Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 23, 2016
- Lazy dayTime for relaxing yesterday with dinner on the deck of the yacht club
Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 22, 2016
- Two short video impressions[[https://vimeo.com/album/4158671|shared video album]] Two short videos of our first impressions
Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 21, 2016
- Different beachesJust to illustrate that not all the 'beaches' are the same. Still quite scenic.
Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 21, 2016
- Setting out on full lagoon tourYesterday we had a fantastic day out with visits to various parts of the lagoon and a full trip around the island.
Our very friendly captain Bob
Arriving on site t Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 21, 2016
- Almost shaped like a thingieEating at the famous Bloody Mary's, where the entrance displays a lot of celebrity names like Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford, Pamela Anderson and even Alex Rosen, we could not help to notice this wall sculpture that Baldrick from Black Adder Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 20, 2016
- First swim in PacificJust back from cycling to the beach and our first swim in the lagoon of Bora Bora. This night we dine where Raquel Welsh and Harrison Ford has been before us at Bloody Mary's h Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- Arrival Bora BoraNow the real vacation starts. Some impressions from the flyin to Bora Bora and our jungle home for the next 6 days. Now off to the beach and some cold drinks.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/834471/90_B3A5F8C1B1F328A4A3286EF4827A8713.jpeg caption=Bo Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 19, 2016
- The Eagles have landedAnd the great a Pacific adventure begins in Tahiti Posted by TheStig in Pacific 2016 | Sep 17, 2016
- RTW May 23, 2016 - June 1, 2016RTW Day #162 This is day 3 of 5 sea days heading to Los Angeles
May 23 A, 2016 Apia, Samoa and the International Dateline crossing
We had a tour to the Aleipata District and a BBQ beach Posted by pointslj in Points/Chamberlin Around the world 2016 | Jun 12, 2016