- French Polynesia: Scuba Diving Video with Sharks in Moorea Check out our latest travel video from scuba diving in Moorea (Tahiti)-- what an awesome experience we saw tons of black tip and lemon sharks, beautiful tropical fish and even a sea turtle :)
[b]If the video doesn't open in the Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jan 2, 2015
- Französisch-Polynesien - Teil 2Französisch-Polynesien erstreckt sich über ein riesiges Gebiet im Pazifik. Um sich ein Bild davon zu machen, empfiehlt sich folgende Karte. Als Referenz ist im Hintergrund Europa dargestellt. Tahiti ist bei Paris eingezeichnet, die Marquesas in der Ostsee Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Apr 26, 2015
- Französisch-Polynesien - Teil 1Nach unseren Camping-Eskapaden in Neuseeland war es höchste Zeit, uns von den Strapazen zu erholen. Und dafür gibt es zwischen Neuseeland und Südamerika kaum einen geeigneteren Ort als die weissen Strände und azurblauen Lagunen Tahitis.
Die Bezeichnun Posted by b.visser in Let's Summer! | Apr 22, 2015
- Feb. 12 - BORA BORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA
This was our early morning approach to Bora Bora. A focus of the Serenity’s lecturers in the past few weeks has been early explorations of South Pacific islands, the h Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 14, 2015
- Feb. 11 - PAPEETE, TAHITI
Our noon arrival in French Polynesia
Papeete is the capital of these 118 i Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 6 | Feb 13, 2015
- Day 11 Papeete,Tahiti Today we awoke back where we started in Papeete, another sunny and beautiful day. We traveled a total of 1,910.5 nautical miles and about 10,000 air miles.
We had to be off the ship by 10 am, but our flight home Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 16, 2015
- Day 10 Rangiroa AtollSunny again today, although it rained briefly this morning before we left the ship.
We did not have a tour scheduled today, but this was our last opportunity to snorke Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 13, 2015
- Day 9 At SeaToday was another bright sunny day. Our cabin must have been facing east this morning because the sun came streaming in as soon as I opened the drapes.
We played in Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 12, 2015
- Day 8 Nuku HivaAfter the long hot tour of Nuku Hiva yesterday afternoon I wasn't really expecting to do much in Nuku Hiva today. The beach and water near the tender pier were not very inviting so I thought we would just check Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- Day 7 Nuku HivaFor some reason I wasn't able to add this final part to Day 7, so here it is as Part 2:
This evening we ate in the Toscana restaurant, excellent food and friendly service. We enjoyed meeting a couple from Washington Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- Day 7 Nuku Hiva, the MarquesasWe sailed a day and a half and arrived in Nuku Hiva about noon today. Nuku Hiva is the largest of the Marquesas islands and the 2nd largest island in French Polynesia.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727390/66A0EDCAA5E2D3B3A5ACCF47D245E1A2.jp Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 11, 2015
- Day 6 At Sea Today is Jim's birthday. We are at sea all day enroute to Nuka Hiva in the Marquesas Islands.
Our activities today started with indoor putting - I tied for 1st, Jim tied for 2nd. Next was needlepoint for me and Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 10, 2015
- Slice of ParadiseHappy New Year!
This year we decided to spend Christmas and New Year elsewhere and our chosen destination was Moorea in French Polynesia. New Zealand may be a long way from anywhere else but jump on a plane for 4 or Posted by bumblebum in Migrating South | Jan 9, 2015
- Day 5 Bora BoraOur second day on Bora Bora. We went snorkeling with our new underwater camera. I think the photos will tell today's story...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727390 Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 8, 2015
- Day 4 Bora BoraSunny again, unbelievable! Even the moon stayed out this morning as we pulled into Bora Bora.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/727390/90_C680428FC1E37C5362A02C8A1C23 Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 8, 2015
- Day 3 RaiateaSince I continue to expect non-stop rain I was pleasantly surprised once again that the sun was shining as we docked in Raiatea this morning. The second surprise was the temperature - a very pleasant 76 degrees.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7 Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 6, 2015
- Day 2 Moorea We woke up to a beautiful day on the island of Moorea.
Breakfast on the outsid Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 6, 2015
- Day 1 PapeeteWe arrived in Papeete at 5am and went to the City Hall to wait until we could board the ship. Slow start to the trip.
We walked to the market - very busy at 7am on a Sunday morning.
[img= Posted by PatriciaA in French Polynesia 2015 | Jan 4, 2015
- Moorea: jour 7After a deluge yesterday, it was time to seize the day! Justin grabbed his golf bag and made his way to the golf course (see below). Bridget took a hike that was fun AND educational. Everyone once again got what Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jun 18, 2014
- Moorea: jours 5-6 The downside of being surrounded by natural beauty is that one must contend with...nature.
We are staying in a charming bungalow...
Julia, our hostess, is incredible – she's given us Posted by Bredwardz in Bredwardz on the Road | Jun 18, 2014
- Diving in Bora BoraCurt and I couldn’t leave Bora Bora without trying a dive so we spent this morning with Top Dive for an ocean and lagoon dive. The ocean dive site was called Tapu and we nearly went down right on Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | May 16, 2014
- Just another day in Bora BoraAnother agonizing day of relaxation that I don’t know how I suffered through! I barely tore myself away from my book long enough to take a few dips in the water and spend some time in the pool Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | May 15, 2014
- Bloody Mary's
Breakfast at our hotel is beautiful overlooking the ocean and before I know it we are done and Curt is back to napping. I spend most of the day wi Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | May 13, 2014
- Last day on the catamaran :(Our last day on the catamaran dawns very rainy and ominous. Fabrees tells us the swells are going to be up to 15 feet in the open ocean. Right after breakfast the rain pours down but he gives Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | May 12, 2014
- Lagoonarium in Bora BoraLindsay and I are trying to find a way to distract ourselves from the fact that it is our last full day on the boat so the day is packed full of activities. We get a tip that the Posted by ErinDriver in Drivers Touring Europe....and Beyond | May 12, 2014