- Georgia - MtskhetaMtskheta is an ancient town and one of the historical capitals of Georgia, located about 20km out of Tbilisi. Mtskheta was the place of Georgia's adoption of Christianity in 3rd century AD and still is the headquarters of the Georgian Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 14, 2016
- Akhalkalaki and Vardzia==Day 1 - Rain and Cha Cha==
Akhalkalaki is a small Georgian town on a border with Armenia. About half of the town is made out of ethnic Armenians. We arrived after 6 hours on a local bus. I went on Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 14, 2016
- Kazbegi - GeorgiaMarshrutka from Didube bus station takes about 3 hours up the windy mountain roads and costs 10 GEL, you pay to the driver and they leave when full.
If you are planning to climb Kazbegi (5033m) you will need a Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 13, 2016
- Kobuleti - ghosts of soviet union by the Black seaAfter visiting Svaneti and cutting our trekking trip a bit short we had extra 2 days and we decided to pick Kabuleti
Kabuleti is a seaside resort town just 20 km away from Batumi. It is made out of a seaside Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 13, 2016
- Mazeri to Mestia - an adventure of our lifetime==The Plan==
To hike from Mazeri to Mestia and onward to Ushguli. Mestia to Ushguli part is very popular with well-marked trails and lots of home-stays along the way. We decided to make it more fun and supplement by an Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 13, 2016
- Day 10After a cup of Chai tea and some bread and jam, I set off for the border, once I had be stopped again by the "Polis" it was quick sign out of Turkey and into Georgia.
What a great place, chatted Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 21, 2016
- Republic of Georgia
Georgia is bounded to the west by the Black Sea, to the north and northeast by Russia, to the south by Turkey and Armenia, and to the southeast by Aze Posted by janejoe in Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan | Jun 16, 2016
- Discover the beauty of Georgia...Georgia is a beautiful country shaped by rugged mountains, rivers, valleys and meadows. This amazing country lies in the middle of Caucasus region and has unspoiled natural beauty to complement its unique culture. The country is perfect for hiking, trekki Posted by moncyasha in Moncy Cecil | Mar 12, 2016
Travelled to Georgia/Armenia... arriving via (Singapore) and (Munich), then travelled to/through; Tbilisi, Kazbegi, Mestia, Borjomi, Go Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Sep 27, 2016
- Leaves be fallin across ma pathTo quote the beginning of my last entry 'I was hoping to be writing this from Iran', but I have tempted fate again, and after two and a half weeks of hanging around eastern Turkey, the final full stop on Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Oct 18, 2015
- Borjomi B O R Posted by NikushaK in Borjomi | Mar 18, 2015
- Charismatic Hotels: ROOMS Hotel Kazbegi, Caucasus, GeorgiaThis Designhotel is situated at a three hour drive from the capital Tbilisi, in Stepantsminda, high up the Georgian Military Highway, in the Caucasus Mountains, next to the Russian border, with a million-dollar-view on Mount Kazbegi (where Prometeus was Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Oct 15, 2014
- TbilisiBus station: As with so many bus stations on this journey, Tbilisi's felt chaotic and stressful when we first arrived. And quite a long taxi ride into town. In fact the metro station is right next to the bus station, Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 26, 2014
- BatumiBorder crossing: Our bus from Rize in theory went all the way to Batumi, but when we re-emerged from customs and passport control (slight delay because of our many visas and some questions over my US visa), the bus had Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 24, 2014
- Friendly Georgia. Part 2 – Svanetian CaucasusГрузия – горная страна. Побывал в пяти городах и из каждого из них были видны горы, то на северном горизонте, то прямо за городскими окраинами. И если в целом грузинское приключение строилось по принципу «куда подует ветер, туда и отправляюсь», Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Jul 6, 2014
- Where's Scotty been?……….after the advice of the border being officially closed a meeting was called by Mick (Tour Leader) to discuss options and advise that we would be staying a further two nights in Tbilisi in order to plan a new itinerary, Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 22, 2014
- Taken with TbilisiWith only 180k’s to Tbilisi today it was a sleep in and a later departure than normal which was very welcome. We stopped off at the town of Gori, the birth place of Stalin where he is celebrated as a Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 17, 2014
- NewsflashThe recent landslide in the Dariali Gorge has closed the only Georgian/Russian border crossing indefinitely.......that's the one we were going to use!!
So where does that leave us? Option......to return to Trabzon, Turkey then the ferry to Sochi in Russ Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 11, 2014
- Georgia on my mindWe said our goodbyes to the other people we had met in the hotel and after an extended photo session with the constant stream of locals who just had to have a pic or a selfie with the bikers we Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 11, 2014
- Friendly Georgia. Part 1 – City life, capital & provinceСвежая порция фото-впечатлений из нескольких городов Грузии.
Кутаиси – столица края Имеретия. Сюда Wizzair отправляет регулярные рейсы из Европы, так что довольно много туристов начинают свой грузинский маршрут именно с этого города.
[img=h Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | May 30, 2014
- Georgia discovery
Технически я побывал на территории этой страны еще в 2008 году, когда в горном походе по [[http://eugene-b.travellerspoint.com/49/|российскому Кавказу]] наша группа поднялась на пограничны Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | May 19, 2014
- Welcome to საქართველო[float=left] [/float] Can anyone guess from the title where I am at the moment? საქართველო, Sakartvelo, Posted by CamillaS in By the Caspian Sea | Aug 2, 2013
- Cultural ShockI’ll admit I’m kind of arrogant about this whole travelling business. But it’s hard not to get that smug feeling about yourself and your travels when you’re away for a significant period of time, travel over land and go off Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jul 18, 2013
- (S)wine CountryThe piggies met a nice American girl, Billie Jean (ha), who is living and working in Tbilisi to study women's and gender studies. Here's a link to her fundraising page if you want to read more (not trying to pressure Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jul 23, 2013
- Impressions of Tbilisi IISo the pigs accidentally spent over 2 weeks in Tbilisi....but there were so many cool people!
This is a Georgian guy who gave them a tour their first full day. They climbed to the highest peak in the city which was Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jul 19, 2013