- From Budapest to homemade wines and cognacs in Georgia!Almost two weeks ago we boarded the plane from Budapest to Kutaisi (Georgia), a country in the Caucausus region we did not know much about yet. Other than we had seen on advertisements by the Georgian Tourism Association in Ukraine Posted by chantalvdleek in The industrial walkers travel blog | Jun 22, 2015
- Borjomi B O R Posted by NikushaK in Borjomi | Mar 18, 2015
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - BATUMI, GEORGIAI AM NOW AT THE FARTHEST POINT DOWN THE BLACK SEA THAT I WILL GET & WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE IT IS.
BATUMI - A DELIGHTFUL PLACE.
THESE COUPLE OF PHOTOS ARE FROM THE SHIP - WE ARE DOCKED RIGHT IN Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 10, 2014
- Charismatic Hotels: ROOMS Hotel Kazbegi, Caucasus, GeorgiaThis Designhotel is situated at a three hour drive from the capital Tbilisi, in Stepantsminda, high up the Georgian Military Highway, in the Caucasus Mountains, next to the Russian border, with a million-dollar-view on Mount Kazbegi (where Prometeus was Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Oct 15, 2014
- TbilisiBus station: As with so many bus stations on this journey, Tbilisi's felt chaotic and stressful when we first arrived. And quite a long taxi ride into town. In fact the metro station is right next to the bus station, Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 26, 2014
- BatumiBorder crossing: Our bus from Rize in theory went all the way to Batumi, but when we re-emerged from customs and passport control (slight delay because of our many visas and some questions over my US visa), the bus had Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 24, 2014
- 2014 VOYAGE TO ANTIQUITY - ATHENS TO ISTANBUL2014 VOYAGE TO ANTIQUITY - AEGEAN & BLACK SEA
So - the trip is getting closer, it starts on 22nd September 2014, aboard the MV Aegean Odyssey, owned by the company called Voyages to Antiquity.
Due to the war in the Ukraine, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Sep 13, 2014
- Friendly Georgia. Part 2 – Svanetian CaucasusГрузия – горная страна. Побывал в пяти городах и из каждого из них были видны горы, то на северном горизонте, то прямо за городскими окраинами. И если в целом грузинское приключение строилось по принципу «куда подует ветер, туда и отправляюсь», Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Jul 6, 2014
- Where's Scotty been?……….after the advice of the border being officially closed a meeting was called by Mick (Tour Leader) to discuss options and advise that we would be staying a further two nights in Tbilisi in order to plan a new itinerary, Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 22, 2014
- Taken with TbilisiWith only 180k’s to Tbilisi today it was a sleep in and a later departure than normal which was very welcome. We stopped off at the town of Gori, the birth place of Stalin where he is celebrated as a Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 17, 2014
- NewsflashThe recent landslide in the Dariali Gorge has closed the only Georgian/Russian border crossing indefinitely.......that's the one we were going to use!!
So where does that leave us? Option......to return to Trabzon, Turkey then the ferry to Sochi in Russ Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 11, 2014
- Georgia on my mindWe said our goodbyes to the other people we had met in the hotel and after an extended photo session with the constant stream of locals who just had to have a pic or a selfie with the bikers we Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | Jun 11, 2014
- Friendly Georgia. Part 1 – City life, capital & provinceСвежая порция фото-впечатлений из нескольких городов Грузии.
Кутаиси – столица края Имеретия. Сюда Wizzair отправляет регулярные рейсы из Европы, так что довольно много туристов начинают свой грузинский маршрут именно с этого города.
[img=h Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | May 30, 2014
- Georgia discovery
Технически я побывал на территории этой страны еще в 2008 году, когда в горном походе по [[http://eugene-b.travellerspoint.com/49/|российскому Кавказу]] наша группа поднялась на пограничны Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | May 19, 2014
- Welcome to საქართველო[float=left] [/float] Can anyone guess from the title where I am at the moment? საქართველო, Sakartvelo, Posted by CamillaS in By the Caspian Sea | Aug 2, 2013
- Cultural ShockI’ll admit I’m kind of arrogant about this whole travelling business. But it’s hard not to get that smug feeling about yourself and your travels when you’re away for a significant period of time, travel over land and go off Posted by askgudmundsen in Asia Less Travelled | Jul 18, 2013
- (S)wine CountryThe piggies met a nice American girl, Billie Jean (ha), who is living and working in Tbilisi to study women's and gender studies. Here's a link to her fundraising page if you want to read more (not trying to pressure Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jul 23, 2013
- Impressions of Tbilisi IISo the pigs accidentally spent over 2 weeks in Tbilisi....but there were so many cool people!
This is a Georgian guy who gave them a tour their first full day. They climbed to the highest peak in the city which was Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jul 19, 2013
- Blast from the Past: Piggie style in UshguliThe Piggies met a nice American father-daughter duo from PA and they decided to split a van with them and James to Ushguli. It's only about 40km but it takes 3 hours because of all the mountains. The duo was Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jul 18, 2013
- Disconnected Piggies Who knew life could exist without internet?
The piggies left Tbilisi on Tuesday, June 9th on an overnight train to Zugdidi. They arrived at 6am and then caught a "marshrutka" to Mestia (bus taxi). We spent a few hours racing Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jul 14, 2013
- Some impressions of TbilisiPigs haven't been very good at taking photos. Maybe they just feel weird taking selflies in the street while Georgian beggars are staring at them. Or having locals wonder why they are posing in front of buildings. Here are some Posted by gabell in ThreeLittlePiggies | Jul 8, 2013
- The National Sport is Cow DodgingMy impressions of Georgia may cause quite a stir. There is a State in the USA called Georgia. They will almost certainly think that my comments are about their world and will be unimpressed - little realizing that another Georgia Posted by Wheelspin in A Merry Go Around | Jun 24, 2013
- The Final WeekOn Tuesday, the time was nearing for my departure from the village and so I began planning and pre-packing my things. I pulled all the clothes from the drawers of my dresser and stacked them on the bed in neat Posted by CRBackman in Georgia On My Mind | Dec 21, 2012
- The PurchaseKitchens in Georgia, typically, are completely separate buildings from the houses that also often contain the dining rooms. In our house, there is a room that mimics a small Western kitchen but with limited counter space, few cupboards and devoid Posted by CRBackman in Georgia On My Mind | Dec 6, 2012
- Georgian Tidbits Vol.3I sat down at the table with Bebia this evening and saw a wad of money on table. I proceeded to teach the arthritic woman how to 'make it rain' until Tchabuki walked in to see his mother throwing his Posted by CRBackman in Georgia On My Mind | Dec 4, 2012