- Day 6 & 7 Oslo, Norway - Warnemunde, GermanyIt was surprising to wake during the night and realise that one was at sea. It was so calm and there were no vibrations even. It must be harder for the ship to head north against the currents than floating Posted by gpric6 in Scandinavia, Russia and Great Britain | Jul 28, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Alexanderplatz and Potsdamerplatz MarketsIn the evening, I headed out to explore the city. I came across the Alexanderplatz markets and checked out the Galeria Kaufhof (department store) as well.
[center][img=http://pho Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – East Side GalleryI never knew this existed, and was so glad I went. It was a bright colourful contrast to the dull grey sky. It is part of the original Berlin Wall.
[center][img=http://photos.travel Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Checkpoint CharlieWhen I crossed into East Berlin in 1988 I went through the Friedrichstraße train station, so going to Checkpoint Charlie was something on my bucket list. I went into the museum when I was there.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/Che Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Tauentzienstrasse and KurfürstendammI walked along the Tauentzienstraße and Kurfürstendamm and into shops, including the famous KaDeWe (pronounced Ca De Ve), which was the main shopping centre in West Berlin. I found some cool boots (that I didn’t buy as I couldn’t ever Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – CharlottenburgArriving in Charlottenburg, I got off the bus and headed to the Schloß (palace). Out the front of the Schloß, was a market, however it was too early and it wasn’t open.
[center][img=htt Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Brandenburg GateLeaving Alexanderplatz, we went past the Berlin Dom (Cathedral), that was under restoration. Unfortunately it was pouring at the time, I didn’t have the time to go back later, but my memory says that it was pretty spectacular in 1988 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Waking In GermanyI woke in the morning after a pretty good sleep (just myself and one other in my couchette on the train from Paris), to snow on the ground outside! To someone who lives in Sydney, Australia, snow is a big Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Arriving In Germany And Berlin Wandering – Europe 2013Arriving in Germany was pretty cool – as in cold! There was snow!! The average temp for the day was only 4C / 39F.
I spent the day on a hop-on-hop-off bus around Berlin and saw the following sights:
• Brandenburg Gate
• Tauentzienstr Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Wir sind über das Attentat in München schockiertUnsere Gedanken sind bei den Angehörigen der Opfer. Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 22, 2016
- Tag 0 - MÜNCHEN
Und so geht es wieder auf ins wundervolle Land der aufgehenden Sonne - 日本.
Diesmal fliegen wir via London Heathrow mit British Airways. Der Flug war wesentlich günstiger als der Posted by shaun_2012 in Japan 2016 日本 平成28年 | Jul 22, 2016
- To Germany and beyond!The Aussie Entourage left Grevbo around 6am Tuesday morning to drive to Duisburg, trailer loaded with the 4 Chiefs like a game of Tetris and the van packed likewise with Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian Rally Germany 2016 | Jul 18, 2016
- Tag 8Die Nacht über hatten wir gute Fahrt gemacht und auch keine Wartezeiten oder Probleme an den acht Schleusen gehabt. Wir hatten etwas länger geschlafen und ein spätes Frühstück genommen. Gerade als wir die letzte Schleuse am Main bei Viereth kurz Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | May 3, 2016
- IntroductionI am Martin and my wife is Nadia.
We have two dogs and a cat, Tinkerbelle a Welsh Terrier aged 11, Jenny a 8 year old white Hungarian Puli and the boss of the family Henry a 12 year old black Posted by Martin Parsons in Heading Home and Beyond | Jul 14, 2016
- Time Flies!Day 2 in Singapore did not go well. We planned to visit the Gardens by the Bay and we're going to store our luggage at the Marina Bay Cruise Centre. First we had a short bus trip up the road Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Jul 15, 2016
- AVUS Motel BerlinThe [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVUS|AVUS]] Racetrack was founded in 1921 by the Kaiserlicher Automobil Club (now AVD) and financed by tycoon Hugo Stinnes. AVUS is an abbreviation for "Automobil-Verkehrs- und Übungsstraße" ('Automobile traffic and tra Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Jul 13, 2016
- Devil's Mountain: the NSA's molehill in Berlin
Foto: Wikipedia, [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teufelsberg|Teufelsberg]] before the artists took over
Berlin's "Teufelsberg" (devil's mountain) is actually m Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Jul 13, 2016
- Flieger Berlin-Chicago Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 11, 2016
- Start Kölle Posted by corth in Travel Chicago-San Francisco | Jul 11, 2016
- Dancing Tango in Hamburg's Red Light District[i][b]It was getting dark as I left my hostel. A few metres from where the Beatles played their first gig abroad, a man dressed as a pirate was singing let it be and accompanying himself on a guitar. Friday night Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Jul 10, 2016
- The G7 Hotel Schloss Elmau
Schloss Elmau is located at the end of a small valley in the Wetterstein Mountains near Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bavaria, Germany
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/327999 Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Jul 4, 2016
- Obersalzberg[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_9346.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 10, 2015
- Another town another wall[img= Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 7, 2015
- Rothenburg[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_90 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 6, 2015
- Rothenburg via RibeauvillleHeaded out at 8.30am today headed for Rothenburg in Germany. Celeste found a little town by the name of Ribeauville on the way. It was still in France. After a tour of the "Old Town" , as I was driving Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 4, 2015