- The journey begins On a bus now from Frankfurt to Prague, with an hour's stopover a Mannheim.
I love that the scenery out the window has changed since March. Not just with regard to the place and climate and particular fauna, but Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 22, 2014
- My 24 hours in MunichOne day is not enough for Munich. It was put in the schedule because I had to get a flight to Athens and I wouldn't be able to get there cheaply if we stayed in Salzburg. But I am definitely Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 22, 2014
- Sleeping Beauty's CastleWhen my Mom was planning this part of the trip, the #1 attraction on her list was to go to Sleeping Beauty's castle. (Sidenote: When I told this to someone, they said: "Oh, I didn't know Sleeping Beauty was a Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 21, 2014
- Harburger DaysIt's 10.45pm and I'm sitting here at my desk for what seems like the last time. I'm 90% done with packing, all the rest of the stuff will be thrown into any small available space in half an hour. Tomorrow Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 20, 2014
- Off to the Hinterlands of Europe, Or NorthwardAfter a day of organizing, buying a camp stove and one last beer garden with Dieter and Inge we were off to the wild blue yonder of Northern Europe.
We car camped just to see how it would be to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 20, 2014
- DachauVisiting a concentration camp has been on my agenda for years. I have always loved history , especially that of the 20th century, and felt a great sense of responsibility to make myself turn textbooks into tangibility. What I learnt Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Jul 19, 2014
- Touring Regensburg in the RainWe planned to net up with Dieter, repack, and then head out for Prague. Dieter emailed and asked if we might meet in Regensburg instead at 2pm. I’d wanted Dale to see Regensburg so this would be perfect. What Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2014
- MunchenMunich is nicknamed Toytown because of its rich Bavarian context- the architecture is a a barrage of medieval spires and statues, softened by fairytale greens and pinks. The people are somewhat the same, very formal and close-lipped but also very Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Jul 11, 2014
- Down Time in GermanyWe promised Tobias that we’d visit and stay a couple of days.
A little about Tobias: he was an exchange student of ours when the boys were in high school. His age is between Clayton and Justin. He stayed with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2014
- First camping stopHere it is... home for the next 5 days.
Awesome job setting up the tent, and fortunately with no hiccups remembering how to set up the tent. It was a two hour job, to get ev Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- Munich / Munich to Zurich,Tuesday / Wednesday, 8/9 July 2014Tuesday in Munich saw Nick & Lucy head to Dachau, the site of the Dachau concentration camp memorial.
There is nothing that can be adequately said in respect to this site, the memorial is a tribute to the people who were Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 9, 2014
- Summer Holiday Adventure[center][/center]
With much coercion, Mike managed to fit all our stuff in the box on top and the boot of our car. We are off on a camping adventure! Our basic plan is to head south to Stuttgar Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 8, 2014
- The Fun Sports StuffToday was the German holiday which they call the Guten Tag of the Hodge, which will be roughly translated by future historians as "Good Day of the Hodge". This historic day shall recognised and celebrated in Deutschland as Posted by Hodgeontour in Fernweh | Jul 7, 2014
- On the Main RiverYesterday we spent the day on the river to try to make up for lost time. We still have quite a long way to travel before we are in Nuremberg. I'm pretty sure we will not be there until tomorrow Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 7, 2014
- Finally hereGuten tag!
Our enormous transit went off without any hitches. We managed to sleep through most of our Melbourne - Bangkok leg, even after refusing Xanex from our friendly seat neighbour about twenty times. Thanks to Milly, we got to Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Jul 6, 2014
- Duisburg, Germany
[img=http://photos.tr Posted by kforge in Kevin and Jeni's Travels 2014 | Jul 6, 2014
- On the way to NurembergSo, we are on track again after a two and a half day layover in Rudeshime. Our ship had some mechanical problems which didn't really impact sight seeing because we were close enough to our scheduled tours. We spent Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 5, 2014
- Strikes and Rain Interupt Travel Off to Munich, first leaving Sunny off at the train station in Nuremburg. This was the beginning of the circus. Sunny was to travel from Nuremburg to Frankfurt to Brussels.
We were told to wait for someone to help us but Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Sailing down the RhineWe began our day in Koblenz with a tour of Marksburg Castle. It is a 700 year old fortress built up high on a hill. It was quite interesting. The rest of the day has been spent sailing down the Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 3, 2014
- Festivals and RuinsWe had originally planned to go to Munich today but Dieter suggested a new plan to visit a festival in a little town called Ransbach. This festival is a week- long festival to celebrate the church with traditional dances, food Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- It's about to start
I am about to start my next travel chapter: MEXICO. I will be spending 170 days in Pachuca as an exchange student with the EU program EURICA. This may well be the most Posted by nerikimmera in Diving into the World | Jul 2, 2014
- Berlin to Prague, Wednesday, 2nd July 2014Bidding a fond & lengthy (due to the GPS taking us across Berlin suburb by suburb) farewell to Berlin, we headed south to Dresden for our first stop enroute to Prague.
Dresden was once known as the "Florence on the Elbe", Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 2, 2014
- MunichDer Weg zurück nach Hause......
Tja, es ist doch noch ein Eintrag nötig. Wir sind wieder zuhause, alles fühlt sich schon wieder so gewohnt an, der Urlaub ist nur noch Erinnerung. Immer dasselbe, ein komisches Gefühl.
Morgens um acht ging es f Posted by shaun_2012 in Scotland 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- CologneToday we spent the day in Cologne. It is a beautiful city, rich in history dating back to the Roman Empire days. Learned more about the country's traditions and about World War Two. The architecture is very mixed due to Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 2, 2014
- Canoeing in the Franconian SwiterlandA little about Dieter: Dale and I were going to go to the Middle East for a visit with relatives. I had to do last minute shopping at the mall and boys were small; 1, 3 & 4. Clayton would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 1, 2014