- Anti-Fascist protest in memory of Silvio MeierThe protest was called for 3pm. We (which is to say I, my roommate and her boyfriend) emerged from the Samariterstrasse U-bahn station at 3:30pm to find everyone still standing around waiting. Demonstrators were clustered in the street Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Dec 6, 2013
- Fairytale views from Neuschwannstein Castle== "I want to remain an eternal mystery to myself and others" - King Ludwig II of Bavaria==
===Why mess with a good thing, our final night in Germany, we headed to another restaurant owned by our favourite beer, Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Dec 3, 2013
- Evidence of evil at Dachau==“Everything can be taken away from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedom -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way” - Viktor Frankl, Concentration camp survivor and Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Dec 3, 2013
- Mėnuo DortmundeSveiki,
Gyvenimas nėra tik baltas ar tik juodas, todėl ir mano pirmasis mėnuo Dortmunde neprimena vien tik pasakos. Pripažįstu, kad jau pasitaikė akimirkų, kai man iškilo klausimas, kokio velnio čia lieku? Tuomet iškart atsivėrė dvi galim Posted by Zuikutis in Zuikučio kelionės | Dec 1, 2013
- Welcome...Finally - after lots of people have bugged me - I´ve done it: Set up a blog that is.
People have called me medieval for not having a facebook account and stuff but I just can´t be bothered.
So - this is Posted by HHDeern in Kiwi travels n more | Nov 28, 2013
- Back with Brigitte in Steinhorst for the last timeWe got back to Brigitte’s place after a pretty heavy duty drive on very full autobahns!!!! You really have to have your wits about you at high speeds. I love the challenge though! Brigitte had a late lunch ready for Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 27, 2013
- You can't ignore the drawThe moment the plane touched down in London I felt as though I hit a wall, I couldn't remember the last time I got excited to be back here and that's not going to change anytime soon. It isn't the Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Nov 26, 2013
- This Is The Rhythm Of The Night=="Rhythm is a dancer, it's the souls companion"==
Sometimes, all you need is a breath of fresh air to re-ignite that passion, motivate your actions and clear your mind, and what better way to escape than jet setting across Europe to Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Nov 24, 2013
- Pamokos iš gyvenimo sveturSveiki,
Įdomu, kas iš Jūsų pagalvojo, jog mano Erasmus studijos Švedijoje, nedideliame miestelyje Borlänge, bus gyvenimo svetur pradžia. Priminsiu, kad grįžus iš Švedijos sekė Pietų Korėja – šalis, tarsi kitas Pasaulis. Vėliau širdis vis vien nenurimo. Posted by Zuikutis in Zuikučio kelionės | Nov 23, 2013
- Back with Chri, Hannah & Sam, & seeing my brother BillFrom Köln we drove to Rheinbreitbach where my brother Bill and family live. We stayed with my brother's wife Chri and the kids as Bill has moved out and lives in a flat in the village. We helped Chri out Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 22, 2013
- In our old city of Köln again!We drove from Hückelhoven to Köln (Cologne) and stayed with Cosi and her kids Lea and Tarek again. They are soooo good to us to keep letting us stay with them!! We surprised them with three tickets to the Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 22, 2013
- Pre Thanksgiving ThanksgivingI really love to host Thanksgiving dinner and I have been known to host a PreThanksgiving Thanksgiving a time or two. So, when our Belgian couchsurfing friends (Pieter and Liesbeth) told us that they had seen Thanksgiving on Friends and Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 18, 2013
- Goodbye Europe!After a fantastic couple of weeks I left England, just as the "biggest storm in 50 years" came through, but I didn't really notice and my flight went smoothly.
When I originally booked my round the world trip I didn't know Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 18, 2013
- “Das ist fantastisch”Sveiki,
Dvi savaitės Vokietijoje praskriejo tarsi vėjas. Kasdien patekdavau kažkur, kur daug naujų žmonių, įdomu, naudinga, smagu, ir, be abejonės, nauja. Įspūdžių daugybė, tad teks labai pasistengti glaustai išdėstyti esminius pastebėjimus šiame įraše Posted by Zuikutis in Zuikučio kelionės | Nov 15, 2013
- Cheese Fondue with Cinzi, Andy & their nephew GerionThat evening we had a cheese fondue with Cinzi, Andy and their nephew Gerion. We met Gerion in Potsdam when we stayed there with Cinzi’s sister and kids (just so you understand the link). Gerion has just started studying in Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 14, 2013
- Lovely Walk with Cinzi in HückelhovenAs we were trying to sell our van and needed to stay near Hückelhoven, we, Birg Cinzi & I decided to take a lovely walk along the Rur River and see where it lead us. It’s pretty chilly here now Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 14, 2013
- Wine tasting and fallHere are some pics from one of our dog walking loops.
Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 13, 2013
- Spending a lovely time with Cinzi & Andy High Tea in HollandWe spent a few days again with Cinzi and Andy in Hückelhoven. They’re just gorgeous generous people. They took us to Roermond in Holland again and we went to have ‘High Tea’ at De Boei, which is a café/restaurant right Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 13, 2013
- October Fest is everywhere in Germany!Well you’d think that Octoberfest was only celebrated in Munich, Bavaria, Germany but it’s everywhere in Germany!!! Brigitte’s good neighbour Inge (pronounced: ‘ing – er’) in Steinhorst, which is middle Germany, said that her and her husband Hanes were go Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 13, 2013
- Visiting Chri’s sister Esther in Hövelhof, GermanyThe next day we caught up with Esther and her family in Hövelhof, which is 10kms from Brigitte’s place. Esther is the sister of Chri who is my sister-in-law, married to my brother Bill. My brother & family live in Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 13, 2013
- Renate & Jürgen’s 47th Wedding AnniversaryRenate & Jürgen invited us to lunch for their 47th wedding anniversary, the generous souls! I’ve mentioned earlier that they are the parents of a German guy we know in Margaret River, Australia, called Dietmar. He is the partner of Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 13, 2013
- Marion, Simone, Birgit & UllaOn Friday Birg caught up with three friends, Marion, Simone and Ulla. She had spent quite a bit of time with them from around the age of 15-20 years old when they were all in the same youth group. She Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 12, 2013
- Wernigerode, Saxony-Anhalt, GermanyThe last town Brigitte wanted to show us was Wernigerode in the old East Germany. Brigitte said that it was a propaganda town that the GDR used to show as a wonderfully functioning Communist example of a thriving town under Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 2, 2013
- Drübeck Abbey, GermanyHere we are again at another abbey! Brigitte wanted to show us all these abbeys and churches as they are very important to her.
The Drübeck Abbey was interesting as it not only had a church, it had the Abbesses house, Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 1, 2013
- Ilsenburg Abbey, Germany Ilsenberg Abbey is definitely still a renovation work in progress. The entrance is imposing and the architecture is gorgeous particularly the columns. The Abbey Church of St peter & Paul is interesting as it doesn’t look like a church. Birg Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 1, 2013