- GoslarDay Three - Goslar
I was suprised I slept so long but still it was early and I had a great sleep not disturbed a second by the blustering wind or the nearby snoring choir. We quickly packed Posted by Vicky Bailey in Windy500 | Jun 19, 2013
- Germany to Sweden in one day!(We're in Uppsala, Sweden at the moment and have found a caravan park that has free wifi so I'm lucky to be able to upload photos as I thought I may not have been able to for 3 weeks. Yihhhah!!!!)
We Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 17, 2013
- DresdenAn early start this morning as we caught the 8.30 train to Dresden, some 2 hours south east of Berlin. It is another cloudy day with occasional rain storms although in hindsight we were lucky as just a few days Posted by BillandAnnhols in Bill, Ann & Brenda Europe 2013 | Jun 16, 2013
- Brigitte’s god daughter Theresa visited todayTheresa came with the train from Dusseldorf today. She’s 25 years old tomorrow and is studying law. Brigitte shouted us all breakfast at the Naderman Animal Park. The presentation of the food is amazing. It was a great catchup.
Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 15, 2013
- Ulla, Annette and their mother ToniThe next morning we went to Gutersloh, which is where Birgit grew up. We visited Toni in the hospital where Birgit had worked as an administrative clerk before becoming a nurse, and her two daughters. Ulla and Annette were there. Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 15, 2013
- Rheda-WiedenbruckThe next day Brigitte had to go to Rheda-Wiedenbruck so we tagged along and had a lovely stroll through the old part of town. Gorgeous! There was an Evangelical church from 1550 and a gorgeous channel and sculpture of children. Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 15, 2013
- Diane, Birg’s good friend since the age of 16We went to see Diane, her son Mio (who’s grown so much into a lovely young man) and her partner Berndt in Bielefeld on Wednesday. It was great to catch up with them all. The first thing we did was Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 15, 2013
- Brigitte’s good friend IrmgardIrmgard has known Birg since she was small and has come with Brigitte to Australia quite a few times. She also shouted us lunch this week in her local pub in Stromberg. She also organised the second bike for us Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 15, 2013
- Brigitte, Birgit’s mumBrigitte has been amazing! She’s cooked for us every day, loaned us her car and organised lots of things for us while we are here. She’s put up with us getting our van organised and kitted out ready for our Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 14, 2013
- BerlinHey family and friends :) hope all is well! I'm presently in Grindelwald, Switzerland, but I'm going to write about Berlin, Germany today...and if I'm feeling up to it, I'll start Switzerland.
Berlin wasn't as great as I thought it Posted by dmward22 in Wanderlust | Jun 14, 2013
- Marvelous MunichI think Casey and I are in love with Munich. It was so very hard to leave. It was our favorite city this far.
Our first night we want to the beer garden for a late Posted by cgeurope2013 in Casey & Grace's European Adventure | Jun 12, 2013
- Bastelstunde mit HeikeSehr coole Idee von Heike, dieses aufklappbare und hinstellbare Fotoalbum! Posted by TravellingAnna in My daily life | Jun 11, 2013
- Brigitte’s PlaceMonday we visited Maria, who is 84 years old, a neighbour of Brigitte for half an hour and she very kindly said we could use her old Singer sewing machine on Tuesday. We then drove to Paderborn where we did Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 11, 2013
- Our Van and driving to SteinhorstThe previous owner of our van came over on Sunday and explained everything to us for an hour and a half! It was great particularly as we are not mechanics at all!!!! He also stayed for lunch, which was lovely. Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 11, 2013
- Visiting my brother Bill and FamilyI drove our van to Bill’s place in Rheinbreitbach, which is a beautiful little village across the Rhein River from Bonn, 40 minutes away from Cologne. We know the trip and village well as we visited here a lot when Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 11, 2013
- We’ve landed in Cologne (Köln), Germany! Our flights went well from Singapore to Dubai and then into Frankfurt. We took the fast train to Cologne, which took 40 minutes, usually it’s 1 hour! It’s lovely to hear German being spoken again and my German is coming Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Jun 11, 2013
- Seeking Thrills[float=left][/float]We have been able to do some amazing things on this journey. Seen large cathedrals designed by architectural masters. Traipsed over Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 11, 2013
- Gorgeous Breitachklamm [float=left][/float]A brilliant blue sky and blazing sunshine greeted us this morning. I saw it a great deal earlier than everyone else having gotten up Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 11, 2013
- Munich, GermanyRailEurope is an amazing and extremely cheap way to travel within Europe. A trip from Zurich, Switzerland to Munich, Germany is $144 with only 1 stop but also a very short time. Starting in Zurich the train leaves at 12:40pm, Posted by mromeiro96 in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 9, 2013
- KOELN GERMANYThe one thing I love the most about visiting Cologne is knowing that there are 24 Brewery's to drink the best beer in the world.
Kolsch of course.
Every time I visit Cologne I tend to fall in love with a Posted by studneski in Studneski Family 2013 World Trip | Jun 10, 2013
- Munich July 20-21==Day 1==
Our flight to Munich was a steal, 88 dollars non stop and we were here in an hour and 50 minutes! What luck. We were staying at Dolce Munich Untershleisshim for 130 a night. It was nice had a Posted by oliviiaaaaaaa in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 10, 2013
- Museum DayBerlin has some great museums and on a day with forecast rain it was time to take a look at them.
First up though we checked out the main Berlin Wall memorial; that which runs along Bernaur Strasse a few kilometers Posted by BillandAnnhols in Bill, Ann & Brenda Europe 2013 | Jun 10, 2013
- OberschwarzenbergIt's finally starting to feel like spring over here. Actually, it feels more like summer than spring. It seems that we've skipped spring altogether this year. We took advantage of the gorgeous weather today and took a walk through the Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 9, 2013
- It Was Not to BeWe had great hopes for this part of Germany. Ben had spent time researching the Romantic Road, a 250 km route of historic, picturesque, medieval German towns. I recall that twenty years ago, we stayed a night in Rothenburg, likely Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 9, 2013
- Lost in BavariaAt the roosters prompting I awake swiftly, only to sink back down as the devil compresses my head between his ass cheeks in attempt to make a diamond. I slowly expose my sensitive pupils to the light, only to see Posted by kevinmykal in Little Big World | Jun 9, 2013