- The High Point (s) of our TripFirst off, for those tracking this blog against GPS coordinates (Mom), you will immediately recognize something in amuck.....I have skipped a section. Quite simply, the words, such as Hohenschwangau are too big and I need a large glass of wine Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- 18 July 2015HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!
This Saturday was our first outing as a group, with all of the students of the Fort Hays State University English Department's 2015 Summer Study Abroad program. After lunch...
[i]Again, I tried the local brew. Verdict? I didn' Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 30, 2015
- Regensberg 23 8 2015The morning was spent cruising to Regensberg. Lots of bike riders, fishermen, camping in all forms as well as towns along the canals. The use of the canals is amazing with all the locks. Some of the locks are Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 29, 2015
- Day 17A good night's sleep in the hotel in Trento with breakfast included. We boarded the 09:59 train to Munich and travelled over the Brenner Pass at 1300m. We have had clear blue skies all day with fantastic views Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- The Walls surrounding some of Germany's most beautiful townsDinkelsbuhl is right out of a picture book....at least the portion of the town within the walled area. This was actually the defining aspect of this part of the vacation....exploring “walled towns” along the Romantische Strasse, which links towns from Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- BerlinBerlin has a lot to offer, and could have easily spent a month there.
What we learned was that Berlin used to be a swamp and they have to keep pumping water out of there to prevent it becoming one again. Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 28, 2015
- The homes of king Ludwig IIWe were lucky enough to visit both linderhof palace as well as neuschwanstein castle. The gardens and layout of linderhof was amazing so pretty. Neuchwanstein is the castle that Disney bases some of its castles on. Although there wasn't much Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 26, 2015
- Completion of Munich, and off to DinkelsbuhlWith the emotional turmoil of the trip to Dachau behind us, we entered Day 3 in Munich, Pete’s actual birthday, intent on a day with cars, specifically at the BMW Museum and BMW Welt (World). While we had hoped to Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Munich, Days 1 and 2With “Stage 1” of the 2015 Tour de Germany and Austria now safely behind us, it seems timely to post the first, official BLOG entry.
Arriving in Munich, Germany after an uneventful, overnight flight via Iceland – Iceland Air was great, Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- Nuremberg 22 08 2015we started the morning tour on the Dark side of Nuremberg. We saw the "New Congress" building built by Hitler Party and is based on the Colluseum. It was built for 1 speech a year.
We looked over Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 23, 2015
- Bamberg 21 08 2015Tried out the bikes today just a short ride and decided the 35km ride is to far. Would be fun though the crew pack you a picnic lunch to have on the way. A guide will go with them. Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 23, 2015
- Wurzburg and Rothenburg 20.08.2015Docked at Wurzburg early, 7am. Boarded bus at 8.30am to Rothemburg. Our guide Charles (Originally from America) was a character.
Rothemburg is an historical city with walls around the city dating back to the 12 century. When the city outgrew Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 20, 2015
- Birthday on Emerald Star What a wonderful birthday. Sad not being with the kids but if you cant be home the Emerald Star is the place to be.
When we got back from the day trip out, there were 2 towels made into Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Miltenberg Germany Day 8After all the dancing last night we had a later breakfast. Thankyou to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. Spent the afternoon in Miltenberg doing a walking tour. Another very nice town with buildings dating back to Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Rhine Gorge to Rudesheim Germany Day 7Wake up at 6am to watch going through the most beautiful Rhein Gorge. So many castles the scenery was amazing as we passed each town. We passed a quarry which still works where they used the rock after Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Cologne Germany Day 6Hi all,
A leisurely day today really. Later breakfast either light or full breakfast really hard to decide. Was so wonderful cruising along watching the towns, factories and feilds go by. Have only 2 locks so far will post how Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 17, 2015
- Amsterdam to Cologne day 5Early breakfat today and off on another cruise of Amsterdam. We saw things we hadnt seen earlier.
Breakfast was amazing then lunch and dinner. We walked 6 times around the track but will need to do alot more. Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 16, 2015
- MunichWe arrived in Munich by train from Frankfurt. The highest speed we noticed the train going was 292km.
We caught a cab to our hotel as it's quite a bit from town. Once we were checked in we worked out Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 14, 2015
- 16 July 2015On my last day in Munich, Mark and I trekked out to Nymphemburg, the Bavarian royal family’s summer palace. After a long walk down a wrong turn, we posed for an "Oops!" photo before backtracking to the palace--which you can Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 12, 2015
- 15 July 2015The day started off with a beautifully laid-out breakfast with Mark and Laura.
A wonderful Bavarian breakfast: coffee and beer, weisswurst with sweet mustard (yum!), pickles, and a pretzel!
[img=https://farm1.staticflickr.com/426/19270438194_e1 Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 12, 2015
- Heidelberg (day 3)Today we had arranged a day trip to Heidelberg. A town saved from bombing in the war. This city is also very famous for its university. Many Nobel prizes have been associated with this university. The is a Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 12, 2015
- Frankfurt Day 1, when we arrived at our hotel at 7am it was lovely that 1) our room was available for early checkin and 2) we were offered an upgrade. This holiday is off to an amazing start. As hoped Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 11, 2015
- 26 July 2015The next morning, Sunday, I went with a few classmates and Saskia (a professor from Essen, Germany who taught a course at FHSU last summer) to the Stasi Museum and the DDR Museum (DDR = Soviet East Germany, known as Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015
- 25 July 2015The next day began with another stroll. On Museum Island, we went through a street market. At the entrance to the market, several of the cement blocks (holding up street lights or whatever) were graffiti'd (?) with quotations.
[img=https://farm1.static Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015
- 24 July 2015After an uneventful early-morning train journey on a very fast train...
...we arrived on Friday morning to the very pleasant discovery that our hotel was awesome! They let us check Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015