- Enjoying the last couple of days before our departureHaving left our place, we realized how much stress was suddenly falling off. And seven hours later we reached Kirchanschöring. Max sleep deeply by the time we arrived, but my parents and aunt were still up, such that we could Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 30, 2016
- Tag 5Bevor Ihr Schiff Rüdesheim erreicht, durchfahren Sie den berühmtesten Streckenabschnitt des romantischen Mittelrheins mit dem berühmten Loreley-Felsen. Der mächtige Schieferfelsen erhebt sich 130m über dem Wasserspiegel. An dieser engsten und tiefsten Ste Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Apr 30, 2016
- Tag 3Während des Mittagessens erreicht die MS Nestroy Köln, die berühmte Metropole am Rhein. Hier steht ein Stadtrundgang mit Besichtigung des Kölner Doms (Ausflugspaket) auf dem Programm; darin befindet sich der größte mittelalterliche Reliquienschrein mit de Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Apr 28, 2016
- Emotional turmoil before hitting the roadAdmittedly I’m exhausted. The last two weeks were a bit tougher than expected. Even though we thought that we were well prepared, there are simply certain things that one cannot really prepare for.
And emotions are up and down. Hard Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 24, 2016
- 4 Months Later, I Saw My CountryIt has been far too long since I have written a post. I’ve done a lot since my last one, yet haven’t had the time to sit down and think and write. You’d imagine that while on a study abroad Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Apr 20, 2016
- Busy months of preparationsSince it's introduction in September 2015 our action list has grown to a sheer size of over 180 line items. Sometimes we're surprised ourselves, how much there's to be done before we're actually able to leave.
Because at first glance, Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 6, 2016
- Bringing a vague idea to lifeThinking about doing a trip around the world is one thing, but then there's this big step to actually start doing something about it.
In our case there was no clearly pronounced key moment when we suddenly said 'yes, let's Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Apr 3, 2016
- 2 days in BerlinIt is between happy and sad upon arriving in Berlin, as this is the last city to visit before going back home to Jakarta, Indonesia. Before I went here, I have not known much about this city. The most famous Posted by astrywulandari in My Travel Journey | Mar 31, 2016
- A family of travellersI guess that before talking about anything else, the question on the why, where and when needs to be answered...
So where did it all start? The idea of doing a long term trip or round the world trip probably Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Mar 28, 2016
-  Mayhem in MunichDecember 28 – January 2: Cologne & Munich, Germany
I spent the last two weeks at home (Detroit for work and Home for birthday and Christmas! I love home but there’s no blog post for that) and met up with Michele Posted by Modi Memoirs in Euro-Scapes | Mar 24, 2016
- Tag 4In der Früh erreicht das Schiff den Moselhafen Cochem, wo Sie einen Stadtrundgang (Ausflugspaket) unternehmen. Die Stadt wurde vor über 1000 Jahren zum ersten Mal urkundlich erwähnt und kann noch einige Bauwerke und Denkmäler aus den verschiedenen Epochen Posted by fegoesrhein in FE goes Rhein | Apr 29, 2016
- Unsere große Reise :)Noch 20 Tage und dann geht es los über den großen Teich nach New York! Wir haben dann drei Monate Zeit, die Ost- und Westküste sowie etliche National Parks zu erkunden und so richtig die Zeit zu genießen.
Auf Posted by AngieAndMichi in Angie and Michael on tour | Mar 24, 2016
- How to Stay Sane when Travelling (for Work)So these are my facts and golden rules of work travel. I travel about 4-5x a month for work, mostly for 2-4 days in a row within Europe and I always fly to my destination. 4 times a year I Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea on the Loose | Mar 13, 2016
- Mein München<3I had another week at home between travels this week. I got back from 5 days in Luxemburg not feeling very well and am always amazed how I immediately feel better once I step through the door. One stupid question Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea on the Loose | Mar 12, 2016
I have to say, my own room, a real bed, a clean shower, and home-cooked food makes me very happy. Very big thanks to the Zieglars for allowing me to camp out in your basement for a few days. And Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Mar 10, 2016
- Olive 4/3/16Today we went on a walk around Hamburg. It was great! We had lots of fun. Jana is an architect, so she showed us some of the buildings she helped design. She's really good. She also told us about some Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 9, 2016
- Wil 3/3/16Today as part of our walk around Hamburg we went to see the Elbphilharmonie, a new concert hall, hotel and apartments under construction. One of our friends Jana (pronounced Yana) is on the team of the architects who designed the Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 8, 2016
- Wil 2/3/16Today we went to Lübeck, which is an old city built on an island. The rivers around it flow from the Baltic Sea. The city has only five entrances, one of them is really new. Originally, there were four entrances, Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 8, 2016
- Olive 1/3/16Today is our first day in Germany, we're staying with our friends Thomas and Jana, and their son Nic. They're really nice. Staying outside of Hamburg, in a small village surrounded by farmland, we got to learn about some of Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 8, 2016
- Taking a Break in MunichThis week has been a boring week for the purpose of this travel blog. Before hitting the road and being gone 3 weeks out of 4 in March, I've had a week in Munich just to work, relax, work out Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea on the Loose | Feb 27, 2016
- My Crazy 2015 Travel StatsI really like the planner and the stats on Travellerspoint. It doesn't seem to be 100% accurate (at least I have no idea how I was able to travel for 528 days in 2015...), but apart from that I proudly(?) Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea on the Loose | Feb 21, 2016
- OktoberfestThere’s no denying it, this blog is painfully overdue. It’s not like my travels since September 2014 have been unworthy of documenting, this huge gap can only be attributed to two things: my utter talent for procrastination, and general shock Posted by gpontour in THE JOURNEY | Feb 15, 2016
- 1st Trip, 1st MonthAs promised, this entry will include a description of my first trip to Cologne as well as the festival of Karneval, which is an unbelievably exciting spectacle for millions of Germans every year before Lent, as well as some thoughts Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Feb 12, 2016
- Anke Schlingemann - Food for Thought When Crossing PathsAnke, you may or may not care to read this. In fact, you may never even see this at all. That is fine. Here it is anyway.
We crossed paths for the first time in 1993 in the Posted by .schlingels.de in Anke Schlingemann's Blog | Feb 12, 2016
- 2004 - Germany, Luxembourg & FranceGermany was a strange choice, and it was when I purchased my first passport. Me, and my then partner David, had been invited to go with his cousin Rob, his wife Holly (who incidentally was the little girl in Supergran Posted by JosTravel2016 in Joanne's Travel | Feb 7, 2016