- Day 17: BerlinIn the morning we left our hotel and went in search of somewhere to buy tickets for the tour bus thing. Despite getting a bit drenched in the rain, we managed to find the right place and got on a Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 30, 2014
- Munich Day 1After landing at the Munich Airport, we took the train and the U-Bahn to our B&B. Once settled in we walked to Marienplatz in the old town center. The New Town Hall (Nues Rathaus) dominates Marienplatz with its Neo-Gothic Posted by lcostet in Passport 2 Travel | Sep 30, 2014
- Day 16: BerlinWee had a super lazy morning and then Jeremy managed to persuade a cafe down the road from our hotel to make us breakfast, though it was past the time that they usually stopped doing so!
After that we caught the Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 30, 2014
- Day 15: BerlinWe got into Berlin at around 8:30 in the morning, not exactly well rested but eager to get to our next destination.
German countryside early in the morning
[img=http://photos.t Posted by tahnsandjeremy in The Adventures of Tahnee and Jeremy | Sep 30, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - German Edition So we are about to head off to Cesky Krumlov after spending a busy few days in Prague. Sadly I found out my Nana has passed away and I won’t be able to get home for the funeral so Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 29, 2014
- Meandering in MunichToday was a relaxing, productive, and (overall) great day in Munich. We started the day by getting up around 10:30. Since we got enough groceries to feed a family of four yesterday, we already had a breakfast prepared consisting of Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 28, 2014
- Back to BerlinWhat a wonderful 2 weeks. As we disembark from The Hlin we just can't get over how wonderful the cruise was - of course the boat was nice and we certainly met many wonderful folks who came from all over Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 27, 2014
- Post-Oktoberfest Recovery DayWell today has truly been a recovery day. Oktoberfest wore us out in all ways possible. After losing each other last night, we decided today would be a good day to hang out at home and enjoy each other's company. Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 27, 2014
- Oktoberfest!!!We had quite the day today! We started the day by waking up around 10:00. We were a little slow moving around this morning because we were still so worn out from our long travel day yesterday. Our plan was Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 27, 2014
WOW, what a party. We are coming out of this weekend a bit more haggard and beat up, but with some pretty awesome memories.
Full disclosure - our main reason for visiting Munich was Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Sep 26, 2014
- Travel Day: Bordeaux to MunichWe've been on trains all day today!! We woke up at 7:30 this morning and our plan was to go to a grocery store to pick up some food for the train. Since it was still dark outside at 7:30, Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 25, 2014
- The Saxon Jewel Box - DresdenOur time in Dresden has been fairly short, like Heidelberg it is a rather small city for German standards. The place is amazing! The old town where our hotel is located it beautiful. Dresden has always been a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2014
- September 2014 in EuropeLet's begin this month with a trip to St. Louis and Rolla, MO (in a prior blog post) but September only begins in earnest with a trip to Vienna. Then through Amsterdam on KLM and participating in the SPE Exploration Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Sep 30, 2014
- Once Divided Now United - BerlinSo we have just checked into our beautiful and amazing hotel in Dresden (more on the next blog)
Our time in Berlin has been awesome...yet another city that we have fallen for and thought "Hey, we could live there". I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2014
- Arriving in Munich, GermanyI arrived in Munich via the central train station at around 5pm. Getting off the train was a sight to remember. I realized things would be crazy in Munich around Octoberfest but I guess the concept of 10 million people Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 25, 2014
- Stuttgart, GermanyI arrived in Stuttgart in the afternoon and headed to the Steigenberger Hotel located directly across the street from the main train station. It was still raining so I decided to grab lunch at the hotel and then head out Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 24, 2014
- Ich bin dann mal weg
:-) + yay! Posted by Kieler Sprotte in Sprottenauffangbecken | Sep 23, 2014
- Regensburg We are due for some rainy weather today - temperature of 52 this morning,, no more short sleeve shorts, After our dream like weather last week we shouldn't complain. Should be nicer as the week goes on. Without giving it Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 22, 2014
- NurembergNow on board, our satellite connection is spotty so I need to keep this brief.
We bused from Prague to Nuremberg yesterday arriving 5pm. We traveled for about 4 hours on the Autobahn - cars have no speed limit but buses Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 21, 2014
- Neuschwanstein and the English Gardens - Munich
So we are on our way to Berlin, leaving Oktoberfest behind us (we figure maybe next year from the UK). Munich has been chaotic for th Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 21, 2014
- Germany: Stuttgart: Heiko and the Huge Hohenzollern CastleAmazingly we made it to Heiko’s without getting lost at all!?! WOW! We must be getting better at driving in Germany :) He has an awesome flat super close to a nice church which we walked by at Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 17, 2014
- Germany: Moseying Along the Mosel Wine ValleyWith the rental car fiasco out of our hair and the freedom to drive anywhere. . . we were finally off! I was super excited to be driving on the autobahn but luckily for Ruby our rental car Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 14, 2014
- Germany:Dusseldorf: Crazy Trains and Rental Car DisastersWe thought the trains in India were bad. . .but the ones in Amsterdam were just as crazy! We could see people walking up and down the aisles confused over where to sit and luggage everywhere! Of course these ones Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 13, 2014
Travelled to Germany/Slovakia/Hungary/Poland... arriving via (Singapore) and (Abu Dhabi), then travelled to/through; Frankfurt, Mannheim, Elz Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Sep 19, 2014
- Random observationsGuten nacht from Trier, Germany! As we were driving here today, I was trying to work out what I remembered from my two years of high school German. Unfortunately, I suspect knowing how to count to ten and how to Posted by apostrophewoman in The Festival of Alison | Sep 18, 2014