- Shopping, Gilda’s 48th Birthday & Rietburg TourOn the 23rd September we went to Paderborn which is 30 minutes away, to go clothes shopping at a shop we know has sales all the time!!!!!!! That was great. We then had an ice-cream, picked up a humungous cardboard Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 25, 2013
- Paris To MunichOkay so i have only been away for two days but i have done loads already. Both days have not been major stops on my itinery but both have been really good. In Paris i caught the metro to the Posted by BredG10 in Making Tracks | May 6, 2011
- Oktoberfest Parade[img=http:/ Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Sep 23, 2013
- Castle Hunting[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/623642/DSCN4434.jpg caption=My Ge Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Sep 22, 2013
- Good morning 21, Sept, update Good morning, we slept from 9:00 pm to 3 am and from 4 am to 8 am.
Thomas had His restaurant open for us with a beautiful spread of cold cuts, hard rolls, 3 types of homemade preserves Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Sep 21, 2013
- Jet Lag DayWe started a bit slower today......spent time with Lydia at her place and then went to l Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Sep 20, 2013
- We're here![img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/623642/DSCN4349.jpg ca Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Sep 18, 2013
- BerlinI have always believed that we take far far too many photos for any of them to be paticularly meaningful. Photography is so ubiquitous that it is almost impossible to take a photo of a major tourist site without thousands Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 17, 2013
- Elba TripSaturday evening we docked. Early Sunday morning we left our luggage
in the hall, ate breakfast and left the boat. We were not
disappointed, there was rain and high winds!
We drove about 1:45 to Pottsdam. We toured the San Posted by dgreening in Our Travels | Sep 17, 2013
- Elba TripFortunately it won't take long to launder the shorts, polo shirts, etc.. These have gone unused, but the 3 long sleeve knits shirts I brought have been overused (along with the jackets and umbrellas).
Today we visited the Pergammon Posted by dgreening in Our Travels | Sep 17, 2013
- Elba Trip
we left Dresden about 6:30 this morning and moved to Meissen. This is
another cute little town in Saxony. Around 1708, an alchemist in
Dresde Posted by dgreening in Our Travels | Sep 17, 2013
- Berlin, GermanyThe next morning we managed to get up early at 05:00 and grab all of our things without waking our room mates, fortunately our hostel was setting up the free breakfast early so we managed to get a good meal Posted by Nick-n-Charlie in Our Honeymoon World Tour | Aug 29, 2013
- A German Wander [code][/code]
After one year in colourful and chaotic Latin America, we found ourselves in a strange land far, far away. This land was called 'Germany' though the inhabitants called it 'Deutschland'. It was ordered and neat, things worked as they were Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Sep 12, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Walking BerlinWe had one full day in Berlin before we flew to Rome, so of course we wanted to pack it as full as possible in order to see as much as we could. That’s why we woke up at 6:30 Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Sep 11, 2013
- In Cologne with Cosi and Kids again Birg and I met up again thank goodness in Cologne at Cosi’s place. Cosi is so good to us letting us stay more than once. Birg was a bit sick with a cold and I just needed a rest. We Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 9, 2013
- Gilda at the Mason’s in RheinbreitbachI spent a week with Chri (my sister-in-law) and the kids helping out by cooking, putting up cupboards and shelves and sorting stuff. Loved using the electric drill! Chri was working full time that week so every morning I’d check Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 9, 2013
- Birg at Her Mum’s & Visiting PeopleBirg had a lovely old time with her mum helping her out sorting paperwork and visiting family. They saw Birg’s cousin Christina, hubby Markus and son Lukas in Beckum in their gorgeous renovated farm house. Christina’s mum and dad, Gisela Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 9, 2013
- Birg at her Uncles GraveNear Birg’s mum’s house is the grave of her uncle. In Germany if you don’t look after the graves properly they get taken away from you!!! So Birg and I helped her mum out one day and did a bit Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 9, 2013
- Berlin with MatthiasWe drove to Berlin from Potsdam, which was only 45 minutes away to visit Matthias there. We’ve known him since our days living in Cologne which was 22 years ago. We went down to Bergmann str in Kreuzberg with him Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 8, 2013
- Cheese Factory (Meierei) & Brewery (Brauerei)
We had a lovely dinner with Gabi and her kids. I had a typical German meal and the ambience of the whole place was magical. Well worth it.
The Dairy in the New Garden was built to plans by the master Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 8, 2013
- Marble PalaceThe Marmorpalais (marble palace) was a royal residence in Potsdam, eastern Germany, built on the grounds of the extensive Neuer Garten on the shores of Lake Heiliger See. The palace was commissioned by Frederick William II of Prussia and designed Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 8, 2013
- Neuen Garten, PotsdamThe New Garden (German: Neuer Garten) in Potsdam is a park of 102.5 hectares located southwest of Berlin, Germany, in northern Potsdam and bordering on the lakes Heiliger See and Jungfernsee.
Starting in 1787, Frederick William II of Prussia (1744-1797) Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 8, 2013
- Cecilienhof Palace, PotsdamWe got to Gabi’s place after the Sans Souci. We had a good long chat and then her daughter Benita kindly took us on a tour of local palaces and parks. The first one was Cecilienhof Palace. Oh it was Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 8, 2013
- Sanssouci We got to Potsdam around 2pm so we could have a look at Sans Souci and its park. WOW!!!!!!! The Rococo Summer Palace is a sight for sore eyes! That was enough in itself, but no, there are a lot Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 8, 2013
- Mockritz Camping GroundIt was raining a bit in Dresden and I had to sit in the van to do the blog. Thank goodness we had a bit of space in there to sit. There were also a few cute caravans and campervans Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 7, 2013