- Germany 2015We are soon setting off for Germany to visit our special friends Hans and Seigrid who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last year. We will be visiting in and around the Bonn/Cologne area. As they are celebrating Octoberfest in Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 13, 2015
- WeinheimYesterday we ventured out of Mannheim to a city about 10 miles away called Weinheim - a small and very cute German town with Italian and French influences. It is in a valley with 2 castles on top of Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Sep 12, 2015
- DAY 129 - Sunday 6th September - Berlin to StralsundSo same routine as yesterday morning with Mum up first and then Dad before heading to breakfast. Me up, shower, and wait for the Croissants and Nutella to find its way up before they need to pack ready to Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 13, 2015
- DAY 128 - Saturday 5th September - BerlinWhat's great about waking up of the morning is not the great nights sleep i had in a real bed, not having to put the van into day mode, knowing where the toilet is should i need it, not the Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 12, 2015
- DAY 127 - Friday 4th September - Potsdam to BerlinToday is the day i'm going to see the parents, hurrah!!!!! It seems like such a long time ago that Dad was asking if this weekend, of which he could see on my itinerary before i left, was the definitive Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 12, 2015
- DAY 126 - Thursday 3rd September - Nuremberg to Bamberg toSleep was easy to come by here as there wasn't too much traffic with being in a residential estate but as the morning came so did those getting up and out ready for work, including the HGV lorry that parked Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 12, 2015
- DAY 125 - Wednesday 2nd September - Mainz to Bingen am RhineNot too bad a sleep as the traffic noise was minimum and with the overcast clouds it meant a cool night to tuck yourself under the duvet. Took awhile to get to sleep though as I was having one of Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 11, 2015
- DAY 124 - Tuesday 1st September - Strasbourg to Baden-Baden As we wake the skies above are looking a bit more cloudy than it has for the last few days but after the heat of the last its a welcome for now. Its either stifling hot or cloudy with Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 11, 2015
- DAY 123 - Monday 31st August - Triberg to Todtnau toIt's an early morning rise as the church bells are a ringing only less than a few feet away and this one is different...this one decides that 6am is a good time to start chiming! With the early rise Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 11, 2015
- DAY 122 - Sunday 30th August - Lindau to Insel Mainau toIt's an early morning rise to do my blog as yesterday I was out for the count when we got here, well after the fireworks at least. First stop was for the toilet and I see a 50c charge is Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 11, 2015
- DAY 121 - Saturday 29th August - Munich to Fussen to LindauNot sure if parking so close to the toilets was the best position ever, really should have moved once other spaces opened up during the night as there were so many people stopping here for a toilet break. Where had Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 11, 2015
- First Day of ClassAfter much anticipation and planning, yesterday marked the first of fourteen 90-minute lectures I deliver to master’s students in the University of Mannheim’s Sociology Department as part of my Fall 2015 seminar entitled “Handling Nonresponse in Surveys.” Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Sep 10, 2015
- IntroTaylor and I love to travel. Love. Some of the happiest days of our lives, aside from our wedding day and the birth of our daughter, have been spent traveling. We have a serious, persistent case of Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Sep 9, 2015
- Holmsey Visits Germany!Freiburg is lovely little city in the very south-west of Germany. We have about 220.000 inhabitants, and about 30.000 of this are students ar our various universities and colleges. Personally, I think Freiburg has a quite unique feeling to it, Posted by Holmsey Hare in Holmsey Hare's Hop | Sep 2, 2015
- Guten Tag from MunchenHad a quiet day on Thursday but had a good swim. In the evening, went over to Stoneleigh to meet up with Julia and Mike. Had my first curry with them and Nipper before meeting Steve, Steph and their son Posted by liamwimbo in UK_Europe_2015 | Sep 2, 2015
- A Mark in History - The Fairy Tale KingHerrenchiemsee, Hohenschwangau, Linderhof and Neuschwanstein...there you go...the 4 castles most associated with King Ludwig II spelled correctly. Blog etiquette states that if you spell long, confusing names correctly the first time, future spellings in Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Sep 2, 2015
- The High Point (s) of our TripFirst off, for those tracking this blog against GPS coordinates (Mom), you will immediately recognize something in amuck.....I have skipped a section. Quite simply, the words, such as Hohenschwangau are too big and I need a large glass of wine Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 31, 2015
- 18 July 2015HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!
This Saturday was our first outing as a group, with all of the students of the Fort Hays State University English Department's 2015 Summer Study Abroad program. After lunch...
[i]Again, I tried the local brew. Verdict? I didn' Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 30, 2015
- Regensberg 23 8 2015The morning was spent cruising to Regensberg. Lots of bike riders, fishermen, camping in all forms as well as towns along the canals. The use of the canals is amazing with all the locks. Some of the locks are Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 29, 2015
- Day 17A good night's sleep in the hotel in Trento with breakfast included. We boarded the 09:59 train to Munich and travelled over the Brenner Pass at 1300m. We have had clear blue skies all day with fantastic views Posted by ThompsonHoliday in Interrailing 2015 | Aug 29, 2015
- The Walls surrounding some of Germany's most beautiful townsDinkelsbuhl is right out of a picture book....at least the portion of the town within the walled area. This was actually the defining aspect of this part of the vacation....exploring “walled towns” along the Romantische Strasse, which links towns from Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 28, 2015
- BerlinBerlin has a lot to offer, and could have easily spent a month there.
What we learned was that Berlin used to be a swamp and they have to keep pumping water out of there to prevent it becoming one again. Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 28, 2015
- The homes of king Ludwig IIWe were lucky enough to visit both linderhof palace as well as neuschwanstein castle. The gardens and layout of linderhof was amazing so pretty. Neuchwanstein is the castle that Disney bases some of its castles on. Although there wasn't much Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 26, 2015
- Completion of Munich, and off to DinkelsbuhlWith the emotional turmoil of the trip to Dachau behind us, we entered Day 3 in Munich, Pete’s actual birthday, intent on a day with cars, specifically at the BMW Museum and BMW Welt (World). While we had hoped to Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Munich, Days 1 and 2With “Stage 1” of the 2015 Tour de Germany and Austria now safely behind us, it seems timely to post the first, official BLOG entry.
Arriving in Munich, Germany after an uneventful, overnight flight via Iceland – Iceland Air was great, Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 24, 2015