- Dachau On the last day... Ugh it's been a while, I have to remember now. On the last day we went to Dachau.
Woke up, then got myself breakfast and lunch from lidl with the girls, while the guys stuffed themselves Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 8, 2014
- Airplane FoodOur dinner on the plane. It was surprisingly tasty. We were also starving. Due to the delay, we were not served dinner until 8:00 pm.
Kaffee in the Munich airport. $6 for a cup of coff Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jun 8, 2014
- Munich AirportSo far our trip has been pleasant. The flight from Dulles to Munich was long, but uneventful. The Munich airport is interesting, to say the least.
Posted by kmorgan1026 in There and Back Again...Our Adoption Tale | Jun 8, 2014
- I know you, I dreamt of you once upon a dreamJune 2nd, 2014
Fairy tales really do come true. At least, that is how Nicole and I feel today. We are headed to Neuschwanstein Castle (hereto further referred to as "castle" or "the castle" because I am not typing that Posted by hangtime41 in 2nd Europa-versary | Jun 7, 2014
- Day 15, 16, & 17Our next day in Munich (well not really Munich), was a castle day. Two hours out of the city rests one of Europe’s most renowned castles, the Neuschwanstein Castle (and its little brother Hohenschwangau). Although the castles are considered to Posted by efaw.14 in Euro-Trip 2014 | Jun 4, 2014
- DSo Beli came to visit and i showed her around Germany! It's her first time! Some pictures of Ulm, since the weather is much better now!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/673674/large Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | Jun 6, 2014
- Munich time.June 1st, 2014
This morning found us happily waking up around 9:30. You must have those days during travel where you get enough rest. We woke up to a beautifully prepared breakfast by Anna and Eva. There were pretzels Posted by hangtime41 in 2nd Europa-versary | Jun 5, 2014
- MuseumsWoke up early on Sunday intending to climb. I don't know why. I'd planned on it the night before. So I woke up early to get to the gym at 8. When I woke up I was still tired from Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 4, 2014
- DisneySo. I met them at their hostel. Since I'm the one with data and their hostel is really near the hbf. Was cool to see all of them again! We quickly bought tickets, bought breakfast and lunch, hopped onto, or Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 4, 2014
- MünchenBavaria is supposed to be really different from the rest of Germany. So far, though, I don't see much difference, except that they love beer more and they have cool traditional wear that they now only wear when they go Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 4, 2014
- Beer and lemonade?May 31st, 2014
Run! Where is the platform? We aren't going to make it! Run run run! Kindra got us to our train with not 2 minutes to spare. Holy goulash that was so close. Thank goodness Kindra lives here or Posted by hangtime41 in 2nd Europa-versary | Jun 3, 2014
- Day 27 - Leaving MunichAll packed and checked out of the hotel, I still had a couple of hours left before going to the airport. I left the bags at the hotel, and found a Hop On/Hop Off bus tour of Munich. This was Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | Jun 2, 2014
- Day 25 - Castle NeuschwansteinSigned up for another tour with Radius Tours - Castle Neuschwanstein
Approximately 2.5 hour train ride we arrived at the town of Füssen. Near the foothills of the Alps, this is a lovely place. We then took a bus to the Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 29, 2014
- Day 24 - MunichI woke up this morning in terrible pain in my hips. I really must have overdone the walking yesterday. Coupled with the fact I was also quite hung over, I thought a quiet day would be in order.
After a Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 28, 2014
- Day 23 - MunichIn the last few days, I have spent some quality time with some relatives. Now, its time for the European leg of my Journey.
Yesterday, I drove to Heathrow and took a flight to Munich, Germany.
The hotel is across the Posted by AlastairPorritt in Uk Trip May 2014 | May 28, 2014
- Day 4On our way out of town, we stop at a cheeserie and wooden shoe making facility. Not in the same building. Ha. The proprietor of the shoe factory came in early just for us and provided us with a Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 27, 2014
- Day 1Well, we forgot to pack a three prong converter, so that held us back a little bit. However, in the end we got to walk into a German tech-store. The guy was super helpful, and was even able to get Posted by efaw.14 in Euro-Trip 2014 | May 19, 2014
- Day 2As it turns out, not many native Germans know what we were talking about when we ask/tell them about Moselkern, Germany but we immensely enjoyed our <24 hour stay there. It still didn't help Ashley's German, seeing as Posted by efaw.14 in Euro-Trip 2014 | May 25, 2014
- Berlin I went to a few ww2 memorials in Berlin. And after seeing all those, being moved close to tears by the personal tragedies of individuals and families in the memorial to the murdered Jews of Europe, I think I'm just Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 20, 2014
- MunichSo, und für die ganz Eiligen: es geht demnächst los. Erstmal nach Erding ins Mövenpickhotel, wor wir den Löwen geschickt zwei Wochen parken können und morgen sehr früh den Shuttle zum Terminal nehmen. Dann mit KLM nach Amsterdam und weiter Posted by shaun_2012 in Scotland 2014 | May 16, 2014
- Auf Wiedersehen DeutschlandHappy Easter!
We are on the first train out of Füssen to Munich today so we're up early and have a quick breakfast at the guesthouse. We're both a bit sad to be leaving the laid back German countryside, but Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 21, 2014
- Berlin - History, Abandoned Buildings, and Karaoke!BERLIN
It is difficult to describe or characterize Berlin because it seems to be different for everyone. I had heard or read a number of opinions, and each seemed to strike a separate chord. To Lonely Planet, it is a constantly Posted by danza in There and back again | May 13, 2014
- One month to go...Today's Mai 11th and so far I'm really satisfied with my plannings. Gear is not yet completed, but with parcels flying in almost every day I should be done with this by the end of next week. And I think Posted by Augensternchen in Verena's Big Trip | May 11, 2014
- Eins, zwei, drei, PROST!After a rousing listen to the national anthem, one we hear frequently during the Olympics, we snuggled in for a long bus ride from the Rhine Valley to Munich in the heart of Bavaria.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/68858/DD0C1C442219AC6817287D Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 9, 2014
- Berlin BerlinBack here again, in Berlin! And it was Céline's first flight!
The first thing i must say that this is pretty hilarious! A singaporean restaurant with singaporean food. Ch Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014