- Day 61We woke this morning to a cloudy morning.
We got breakfast and carted our stuff out to the garage and had our car elevator ride down to the street and set off.
We drove on freeways for the morning and then Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 31, 2016
- Trier catchupThey said it would rain yesterday, so we were glad we had decided to take a rest day. Sleep in, read, catch up on photos. Drizzley rain off and on through the morning. The afternoon was clear, with the sun Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 31, 2016
- A Study Abroad Experience in ReviewIn the blink of an eye, it was over.
The best times in your life always seem like the shortest. This post, though, will be anything but short, unfortunate for those of you who would just like a quick synopsis of Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | May 30, 2016
- Day 60 We woke today to a slightly overcast day. The temperature was 25 C (77 F) as we loaded our car and said "goodbye" to Stan and Ollie.
We first drove to a nearby town with an island. Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 30, 2016
- SaarburgThe weather forecast was again for storms all day, so we happily set off without fearing we would get wet (although, to be fair, there was a rumble of thunder yesterday afternoon). No rush today, so didn't catch the train Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 29, 2016
- Day 59We woke again to a bright and sunny day. We decided to visit the zoo we had heard so much about on our Love Nature Channel on TV.
This time we told the GPS to try a different route into Berlin Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 29, 2016
- The lion sleeps tonight while we sip beer at the zoo!!Simba was really sleeping, well dozing more to the point. Pumba was running around not wanting to pose for a pic, Timon well he wasn't there. No we didn't jet off to Africa today just spent some time at the Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | May 29, 2016
- From same sex marriage to the Reeperbahn We walked almost 20km* on foot exploring Hamburg and the things we saw.....
Our great timing saw that we were in Hamburg the same time as the Queen Mary 2 is in dry dock for renovations. The World (largest residential ship) Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | May 29, 2016
- Traben-TrarbachStorms forecast all day again today, so we set off this morning in bright sunlight, although cool enough to be glad of a jacket. Arrived at the station to find the train we planned to take had been cancelled (due Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 28, 2016
- Day 58"Blue skies, smiling at me, nothing but blue skies, do I see" Ella Fitzgerald
We woke this morning to blue skies. What a treat!
We got ourselves into Berlin by 10 AM to catch the western Berlin bus tour only to discover Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 28, 2016
- Safely Arrived in ...where are we?After nearly 24 hours & 3 flights we found Birte in the Hamburg airport. Our first flight was a bit bumpy and I shut the window shade when I saw the lightening outside the window, I didn't mention it to Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | May 27, 2016
- Day 57This morning we woke to a very foggy day. By the time we had eaten breakfast and gotten ready to explore Berlin the fog had lifted and the sky was semi-overcast.
We set off and found a parkade right by the Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 27, 2016
- Day 56Reta had always heard about Dresden China - well, it should have been Dresden porcelain. We looked up information about this porcelain and found that there was a museum located in the Zwinger Palace in Dresden.
We drove over to Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 26, 2016
- A Day in TrierWoke to a beautiful sunny day. After a leisurely breakfast we set out to explore the town. What a day for it - the sun shining, the shops closed (public holiday) and very few people out (too early for them). Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 26, 2016
- Day 55We woke this morning to another cloudy and cool morning.
We traveled from Wernigerode to Dessau and then set out to find "The Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Worlitz". After being led to roads that cars were not allowed on Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 25, 2016
- Addendum: Mail from VietnamSo the package with my tailor-made clothes from Vietnam has arrived - and I felt I should share this event with one last blog entry ;)
It got stuck in customs, probably because I addressed it to my work place since Posted by An.Ke in Antje is out of the office. | May 24, 2016
- Day 54We woke to another cool and cloudy day. We hustled out of our apartment so we would not have to pay any more parking charges. We had no internet at our Dusseldorf apartment so we sent our message Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 24, 2016
- Day 53We left our comfortable apartment in Huizen and traveled all day in pouring rain.
On our way out of Huizen we spotted one of the many parking garages for bicycles so Art took a photo.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_1678_-..king_ga Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 24, 2016
- FreiburgAnother beautiful sunny day, no coats again. Off very early to go to Freiburg, a city we have visited before and loved. The train trip included Offenberg to Freiburg and return in the ICE, Germany's top train, sitting up there Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 22, 2016
- Schiltach and GengenbachOff on the train again, We passed through a continuous parade of green farms, orchards and vineyards meandering through the Kinzig Valley, with hills on both sides clothed in the Black Forest. We hopped out at Schiltach and walked into Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 21, 2016
- Baden BadenWoke up to a lovely warm sunny day so set off for Baden Baden. We had to change trains at a station that seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Only one platform, so obviously that would be the Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | May 21, 2016
- Day 49We woke up early in the morning. It was pouring rain and only this snail was there to say "goodbye". He was pretty impressive. We think his "foot" was at least 3 inches.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/720055/IMG_1568_-.._greeted_us.jpg caption Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 20, 2016
- Day 48We discussed what we would like to do in Frankfurt today. We decided against a Hop On/Hop Off bus or another castle. We decided to visit a botanical garden as we had not done that on this trip Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 18, 2016
- Day 47This morning we were greeted by a cold cloudy morning. The temperature by lunch time had reached 10 C (50 F).
We had breakfast this morning at a local bake shop and purchased prepared sandwiches for lunch. We stopped Posted by A-RPoulton in European vacation | May 17, 2016
- Berlin - Likes, Dislikes and EatsLikes: Free drinks on international flights, German coffee, German language, German potatoes, People treating me like a German... really just the Germans
Dislikes: Time zones/Time change, Needing to sleep, Becoming a wifi junky
[b]Food/Dri Posted by rindler.113 in Kenya Trip 2016 | May 16, 2016