- Dresden, Nuremberg and BerlinWhen we last left you we had just started exploring the east side of Germany and were in Dresden. Incase you haven't heard of the city, it claims to have invented the tea bag, toothpaste, the wonder bra, the beer Posted by julesandjosh in Juli and Josh's European Adventure | Apr 27, 2014
- Yet another summary I've been so busy, haven't had time to do any writing! This will be a summary of everything since then. Sorry I'm so lazy.
For reference, my normal school schedule (not including seminars) is Tuesday morning, wed morning, Thursday whole Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 24, 2014
- Goodtimes in BavariaAfter the craziness of Southern Italy we were all looking forward to our next destination - Germany.
First stop was a small village by the Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Apr 24, 2014
- Neuschwanstein CastleWwwwwwwwwwwwwooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Neuschwinstein Castle. wwwowww
More pictures at the bottom
This is the Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 21, 2014
- GERMANY - DRESDEN
So after a blistering cold winter (mild standard according to the locals) we thought we would head out of town for a few days to get the travel juices flowing again. Thanks to it Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Apr 20, 2014
- Passau, Germany/Linz, Austria - Wednesday, 3 August 2011Up early and on the bus by 8.00 am for our day trip to Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic. First we went to the lookout over Passau. Very nice.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 19, 2014
- First 20 hours in MunichThe Sunday that I arrived in Munich turned out to be a fortuitous string of great luck and happenstance that seems to only truly happen while you are traveling. Days like this make me marvel at how small the world Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 19, 2014
- Welcome to Saarbrücken ![center]Welcome to Saarbrücken ![/center]
Saarbrücken tells the story of two Cities, Alt Sarrbrücken and St Johann reunited in 1900 to create a metropolis with human dimensions, resolutely modern but also proud of its heritage showing in the pic Posted by victorian67 in Escapades around the 3 Borders Country | Apr 19, 2014
- Welcome to the City of Trier ![center]Welcome to the City of Trier ![/center]
WOW ! I must admit that I am not usually short of vocabulary in French and also English after spending the past 20 years living abroad, but the interjection WOW is Posted by victorian67 in Escapades around the 3 Borders Country | Apr 19, 2014
- Regensburg, Germany - Tuesday, 2 August 2011Woke up to fog but that soon lifted and it looks like it is going to be a nice day. Not going ashore until after lunch, so having a relaxed morning.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 19, 2014
- Nuremburg, Germany - Monday, 1 August 2011Overcast, then a lovely, almost warm summer day.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/562028/P1010015.jpg thumb=http: Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 18, 2014
- Bamburg, Germany - Sunday, 31 July 2011Sleep in today. Not going ashore in Bamburg until 2.30 pm. Going for a galley tour on the ship sometime this morning. It was eye opening! Such a tiny, tiny area. How they prepare four Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 18, 2014
- Wurzburg, Germany - Saturday, 30 July 2011Up early to leave the ship by 8.45 am for a day trip to Rothenburg.
Passed through many very cute villages on the way. Had a guided tour through Rothenburg and then had tw Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 18, 2014
- Miltenberg / Wertheim, Germany - Friday, 29 July 2011Had breakfast with Noel and Bronwyn McCann from the Gold Coast, but he comes to Canberra a lot for work. Today, after lunch, there is a city tour of Miltenberg, then we split into groups for a town tour, Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 18, 2014
- Rhine Gorge / Rudesheim, Germany - Thursday, 28 July 2011It has been raining all night and the day is cool, overcast and raining. Very disappointing. Summer in this part of Europe is awful. We are now cruising through the Rhine Gorge and it's raining. Passed Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 18, 2014
- Cologne / Andernach, Germany - Wednesday, 27 July 2011We are now sailing. Easy morning. Late breakfast and the sun actually came out so I sat in the sun for 15 minutes before lunch. I have decided to watch the eating and drinking, because my evening Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 18, 2014
- Koln (Cologne), GermanyGoing off recommendations from Germans that I’ve come across, I found myself on a bus to Koln, Germany (or Cologne for the English speakers). Despite not being able to correctly pronounce the name of the city after 3 days (it Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 18, 2014
- Worth its SaltToday was Lueneburg day! [edit: that was Monday, today is now Thursday]
The day dawned bright and fair. No, just kidding, it was raining when I woke up and I checked the weather forecast: rain. Oops haha. Was partially afraid the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 17, 2014
- GERMANY - BERLIN Part Drei
After a solid seven and a half months of travelling January is the first time we really got to settle in our apartment and subsequently Berlin started to feel like home. Lookin Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Apr 16, 2014
- IBCToday I went to church for the first time in Hamburg! And only the second time since 23rd Feb : (
I'm so glad that I have a fellow Christian Y with me! She did all the online research, and Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 15, 2014
- Die lange Nacht Der MuseenI didn't know it was such a big deal at first, so I accidently missed the TUHH registration for this event. By the time I realised I really wanted to attend, the TUHH registration was full and I had to Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 15, 2014
- THE ROTH GENEALOGY TOURWell rested after yesterday's trials on the road, we found ourselves back in the car today for the Part II of Susie's Family Roots Route.
Elaine's maiden name is "Roth". Susie has researched the Roth family to a local about 1.5 Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 10, 2010
- THE ROOTS OF LUTHER AND THE REINHARDTSThis was a long day, so it requires an expanded narrative.
We started the day early, leaving bustling Berlin at 8 a.m. Getting out of the city of 3.2 million people during morning rush hour was a concern, but actually it Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 9, 2010
- THE BIG CITY OF BERLINWe began the day with Susie feeling a bit under the weather, so we decided to forego the "Hop On Hop Off' bus and call a taxi to get us to our first stop: Checkpoint Charlie.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/567915/large_Baltic_908..lin_Germany.png Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 8, 2010
- TOURING HAMBURGA leisurely morning, no alarm clocks were set but we were still up by 7:30 a.m.
Breakfast is always included at Holiday Inn Express; of course, this is the German breakfast of sliced meats, cheese, breads, etc. much like in Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 6, 2010