- Munster - Westphalia....
As we've come to the western side of Germany, the weather has turned a bit colder, though still thankfully sunny.
Today was spent having a look around the town where Julia was born. We did a hop on hop off Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 27, 2015
- FREUDENSTADT (GERMANY) - MAY 26th & 27thTwo days of Motorcycle heaven - The Black Forest area.
The temperature has not been kind to us but with the Black Forest to play in we had to go out - with Nougat of course.
Let me show you the way Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 27, 2015
- Checkpoint Charlie etc....Today was our last day in Berlin...
We started the day with a visit to Checkpoint Charlie, we'd read that it was a bit tacky, but never the less we thought we needed to see it anyway.... and of course Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 25, 2015
- We do the 'Cold War'We started the day at the Berlin Wall Memorial on what was once the border strip between East and West on Bernauer Strabe. When building the wall in this area buildings were destroyed and also part of a cemetary. Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 24, 2015
- KADEL to FREUDENSTADT - MAY 25th Today we left Kadel heading through some lovely little villages, crossing the Rhein at one stage and into Baden Baden. The roads along the way and little villages we passed through were suspiciously quiet - not a soul around. Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 25, 2015
- PotsdamToday we did a little day trip from Berlin to Potsdam, its 25kms so just a short train ride. In the past it was favoured by the monarchs as their summer residence. However, in more recent times it Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 23, 2015
- Italian in GermanyThe unofficial count for Italian restaurants in Frankfurt is round 180 so its a pretty good place to be for the Italian lifestyle
I have tried 5 of the best and they have all been authentic Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | May 25, 2015
- Kleinmarkt Halle Frankfurt There are markets just about every day in Frankfurt and the most central & possibly the most interesting are those housed in the Klein markethalle.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/715 Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | May 25, 2015
- Schillermarkt Frankfurt This market was in full swing on the Friday that i visited.The other sign mentioned Wochenmarkt.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | May 25, 2015
- Berlin ZOOSo we went to the Berlin Zoo with our new found Canadian friend Thane. Its claim to fame is that it is the zoo with the most species in the world, it opened in 1844. Apparently it is a very Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 25, 2015
- Berlin take 2Today was a day of bears... everywhere we looked there they were standing there waiting to greet us
Wandering along the Unter Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 22, 2015
- BRUGGE (BELGIUM) to KENDAL (GERMANY) MAY 22nd to 24thWe left Brugge (Belgium) on Saturday morning planning for a basic trip to Rohren - Munschau (Germany) along the Motorway and then just after Brussells take a diversion down through great roads. Well that was the plan - Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 24, 2015
- BerlinOur trip to Berlin was in the end uneventful... the day before we were due to leave Dresden the train drivers went on stike and no end-date in sight... luckily for us they provided bus substitutes, so we were Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 21, 2015
- The adventures of Berlin continued
After a bit of a sleep in on my behalf (Tarryn), who knew it would only take a couple of vodkas for me to sleep well. We set off for the day.
We are staying at city stay berlin hostel and Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 23, 2015
- Day 10 - Moving DayToday was moving day. Travelled from Schleswig to Amsterdam. So the best part of the day was spent on multiple train trips (five in total) and today the rail strike really did hit us. Started out at Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 22, 2015
- DresdenDresden is amazing as all the buildings look like they have been there for hundreds of years, but all have been rebuilt since the war... We did take a 'bike ride' tour around the main sights, however it was Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 19, 2015
- Germany20th May 2015
Left Barcelona and caught two planes and a taxi to arrive at Wangen Germany. Bad news was that our luggage didn't make our destination with us! It was cold and wet so we had to buy umbrellas and Posted by cbrewster in Colin and Carols European Trip 2015 | May 22, 2015
- Amazing BerlinSo the German train strike got us again, but when we finally arrived in Berlin it was worth it.
We are at the end of our second full day in Berlin and we are loving it. There is so much history Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 22, 2015
- Day 9 - SchleswigDay 9 and we are at Schleswig in the northern Jutland of Germany, near the Danish boarder.
Schleswig is the district where another of Lee-ann’s relatives (Buchbach Family) came from in 1863. At that time they were farmers so Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 21, 2015
- Day 7 - Hopp on board the good ship QueenslandLeft Berlin behind us and took the slow train to Schwerin to get back on the family trail.
This time it is Heinrich Hopp, Lee-ann’s GGF, being the father of Julianne Hopp, who married William Hewton. All very confusing, even Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 19, 2015
- Spectacular Lake ConstanceWe travelled 12 hours by night train from Amsterdam to Zurich which was an interesting experience (and not a lot of sleep unfortunately).
However the next leg of the journey from Zurich to Lindau we watched spectacular sceney unfold before Posted by hubner2015 in European Adventures | May 19, 2015
- Off to DresdenThis morning we arrived at the train station with plenty of time to spare for our train to Dresden.... however, without realising I'd booked us leaving from a different station and no time to get there - ooopsie... Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 18, 2015
- FrankfurtOur first full day in Frankfurt was Sunday, and we obviously didnt get the message that there is nothing open and happening, at least not in the morning... the only few people out and about were us tourists...
We spent Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 17, 2015
- Day 6 - Cruising down the riverDecided to have a lazy day today.
I got up early and went to a few places that I wanted to see. While it is good to get to these places before the masses arrive, they don't have the same Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 17, 2015
- Day 5 - Hey Hilter - where the bloody hell are you?This was another title that I originally thought of back in Oz that I thought was witty, but on reflection is a bit ockerfied.
However it does reflect the theme for today in what has happen to old Berlin. I Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 16, 2015