- A minor peculiarity of German librariesI just screwed up the time of a course and arrived to compus several hours early. No matter, I think; I can just as well sit and work.
Shoot - I brought my laptop charger but no converter, Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 22, 2013
- Taking classes in GermanI took German from 3rd through 11th grade, took a few classes in college to ward off complete obsolescence, and found the occasional conversation partner when possible (it is not exactly the most common language). In recent years I Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 21, 2013
- Lake Constance, (Bodensee), GermanyWe finally arrived at Lake Constance in Germany. It took 4 and a half hours all up. It was a gorgeous, rather cool day but the sun was shining so as soon as we had set up we took our Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 21, 2013
- Ein Prosit Zum (A Toast To) Oktoberfest!
'The traditional drinking song of Oktoberfest which is played every 20 minutes all day, every day:
"Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
OANS ZWOA DREI! G'SUFFA!"'
[quote] Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 21, 2013
- Oktoberfest Road Trip FoodBelgium:
Chocolate, waffles, and cherry beer are all things we've had, and wrote about before. I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with the idea of being able to p Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 20, 2013
- Just the BoysEmily leaves us in Vienna bound for Holland and we set sail for Munich. This is what we crossed the sea for, Oktoberfest 2013, here we come!
Dad enjoys flying along the Autobahn, here there is no speed limit. He managers Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Oct 19, 2013
- Munchin' in München (Munich)=="Of one thing there is no doubt: if Paris makes demands of the heart, then Munich makes demands of the stomach" - Rachael Johnson==
===At our walking t Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 19, 2013
- Yokota Reunion!!!We made so many awesome friends in Japan and we were so happy to hear that we were going to be hosting a little reunion. All of these folks were stationed in Japan at the same time as us and Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 18, 2013
- Wrapping UpSo ends my mini-tour of Eastern Europe, I fly home tomorrow. I could not resist one more post.
1) Wonderful music - I already mentioned how much I enjoyed the short classical music concerts in churches in Krakow and Prague. Posted by Caro369 in Eastern Europe 2013 | Oct 18, 2013
- A Morning In BerlinWell, this will be my last blog entry before i come back home tomorrow evening. It has been a great trip but i am looking forward to coming back. Just the nice 14 hour overnight train journey to Paris to Posted by BredG10 in Making Tracks | May 21, 2011
- OktoberfestHaving two cousins living in Munich gave me a completely different experience of Oktoberfest than what other tourists usually experience.
It was so much fun. So many people dressed up in Bavarian clothing, drinking very good beer, singing Bavarian bee Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 16, 2013
- Reflections upon the occasion of my one-week birthdayI arrived one week ago today and am pretty much over the jet lag (i.e., any remaining inclination to sleep until noon can safely be considered my own laziness). I am, of course, still discovering Berlin. Loving it, Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 14, 2013
- bye bye Landis Just a little post about our friend Landis. He was here for the summer from Hawaii. We didn't know him when we lived in Hawaii but I wish that we had. He is a super fun guy and "does" Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 13, 2013
- I cry 'uncle'There is no fighting German bureaucracy. You just comply. Submit. Gather all the required documents, stand in line, wait your turn, and be very, very polite to the official helping you.
I do not consider any of Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 10, 2013
- Day one and day two:Tuesday is my first full day in Berlin. I wake up eager to tackle the necessary logistical tasks for my stay in Germany. I have breakfast with my roommates and head out to the Bürgeramt where I need Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 9, 2013
- Stepping into my new life...After shlepping my suitcase, large backpack and day pack on a bus from Tegel Airport to Alexanderplatz followed a brief stint on the U-Bahn, I arrive about the apartment about ten in the morning. Wilma answers the door a Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 7, 2013
- Freiburg, GermanySo we took off again from Cologne and arrived in Freiburg around 2.30pm and checked into Camping Platz am Möslepark. We then walked to the inner old city of Freiburg. Wow-the Romanesque and Gothic styles of the cathedral and surrounding Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 5, 2013
- BerlinBerlin was not quite what I expected. Given its communist influence, I pictured a city a bit run down and drab, but with a rough, cutting edge chic. Nope. The place is clean, stylish and modern with gorgeous Posted by Caro369 in Eastern Europe 2013 | Oct 4, 2013
- Seems like home....want a beer? [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/623642/DSCN5151.jpg caption=First beer at Augustiner Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Oct 3, 2013
- Heading South[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/623642/DSC00726.jpg caption=Roman wall Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Oct 3, 2013
- Germany & AustriaOur first stop in Germany was Düsseldorf where we caught up with an old school friend of Rein’s and spent some time watching the AFL Preliminary Finals on the internet and eating German food. After these relaxing few days it Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Oct 3, 2013
- Pick pocketsEveryone told me to wear a money belt. I brought one, but found I didn't want any extra lump in my jeans, have enough. I keep all my money, credit cards and passports in my purse which I wear around Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 1, 2013
- Goodbye Salzburg
Said goodbye to Salzburg, Austria. We walked to our parking lot which was about a mile from the hotel as you can not drive into the Old Town of Salzburg.
This morning I laughed when Fred received a text Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 1, 2013
- History Lesson[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/623642/DSCN5052.jpg caption=Zeppe Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Sep 29, 2013
- Old - but new - city[im Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Sep 29, 2013