- Completion of Munich, and off to DinkelsbuhlWith the emotional turmoil of the trip to Dachau behind us, we entered Day 3 in Munich, Pete’s actual birthday, intent on a day with cars, specifically at the BMW Museum and BMW Welt (World). While we had hoped to Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 25, 2015
- Munich, Days 1 and 2With “Stage 1” of the 2015 Tour de Germany and Austria now safely behind us, it seems timely to post the first, official BLOG entry.
Arriving in Munich, Germany after an uneventful, overnight flight via Iceland – Iceland Air was great, Posted by amwila in Europe 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- Nuremberg 22 08 2015we started the morning tour on the Dark side of Nuremberg. We saw the "New Congress" building built by Hitler Party and is based on the Colluseum. It was built for 1 speech a year.
We looked over Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 23, 2015
- Bamberg 21 08 2015Tried out the bikes today just a short ride and decided the 35km ride is to far. Would be fun though the crew pack you a picnic lunch to have on the way. A guide will go with them. Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 23, 2015
- Wurzburg and Rothenburg 20.08.2015Docked at Wurzburg early, 7am. Boarded bus at 8.30am to Rothemburg. Our guide Charles (Originally from America) was a character.
Rothemburg is an historical city with walls around the city dating back to the 12 century. When the city outgrew Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 20, 2015
- Birthday on Emerald Star What a wonderful birthday. Sad not being with the kids but if you cant be home the Emerald Star is the place to be.
When we got back from the day trip out, there were 2 towels made into Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Miltenberg Germany Day 8After all the dancing last night we had a later breakfast. Thankyou to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. Spent the afternoon in Miltenberg doing a walking tour. Another very nice town with buildings dating back to Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Rhine Gorge to Rudesheim Germany Day 7Wake up at 6am to watch going through the most beautiful Rhein Gorge. So many castles the scenery was amazing as we passed each town. We passed a quarry which still works where they used the rock after Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Cologne Germany Day 6Hi all,
A leisurely day today really. Later breakfast either light or full breakfast really hard to decide. Was so wonderful cruising along watching the towns, factories and feilds go by. Have only 2 locks so far will post how Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 17, 2015
- Amsterdam to Cologne day 5Early breakfat today and off on another cruise of Amsterdam. We saw things we hadnt seen earlier.
Breakfast was amazing then lunch and dinner. We walked 6 times around the track but will need to do alot more. Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 16, 2015
- MunichWe arrived in Munich by train from Frankfurt. The highest speed we noticed the train going was 292km.
We caught a cab to our hotel as it's quite a bit from town. Once we were checked in we worked out Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 14, 2015
- 16 July 2015On my last day in Munich, Mark and I trekked out to Nymphemburg, the Bavarian royal family’s summer palace. After a long walk down a wrong turn, we posed for an "Oops!" photo before backtracking to the palace--which you can Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 12, 2015
- 15 July 2015The day started off with a beautifully laid-out breakfast with Mark and Laura.
A wonderful Bavarian breakfast: coffee and beer, weisswurst with sweet mustard (yum!), pickles, and a pretzel!
[img=https://farm1.staticflickr.com/426/19270438194_e1 Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 12, 2015
- Heidelberg (day 3)Today we had arranged a day trip to Heidelberg. A town saved from bombing in the war. This city is also very famous for its university. Many Nobel prizes have been associated with this university. The is a Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 12, 2015
- Frankfurt Day 1, when we arrived at our hotel at 7am it was lovely that 1) our room was available for early checkin and 2) we were offered an upgrade. This holiday is off to an amazing start. As hoped Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 11, 2015
- 26 July 2015The next morning, Sunday, I went with a few classmates and Saskia (a professor from Essen, Germany who taught a course at FHSU last summer) to the Stasi Museum and the DDR Museum (DDR = Soviet East Germany, known as Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015
- 25 July 2015The next day began with another stroll. On Museum Island, we went through a street market. At the entrance to the market, several of the cement blocks (holding up street lights or whatever) were graffiti'd (?) with quotations.
[img=https://farm1.static Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015
- 24 July 2015After an uneventful early-morning train journey on a very fast train...
...we arrived on Friday morning to the very pleasant discovery that our hotel was awesome! They let us check Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015
- Let the holidays beginWe have arrived at Frankfurt after a very long flight, and the adventures are about to begin. We have found a shopping mall very close to our hotel which has free wifi and will try to get back here tomorrow Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 10, 2015
- 13 July 2015Arrived in Munich on time. I had no problems retrieving my luggage or finding the train station. Not too much trouble with the ticket machine (hey, the first one was broken, and I don't read the language!) and then got Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 9, 2015
After months in Mexico City I ached for some movement. So when friends in Berlin confirmed my spot working in Fusion, I jumped at the chance.
Here's some of t Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 7, 2015
- A few pictures of the Black Forest
The castle of Ludwig the First. Where his son lived whilst he built 'Disneyland' Neuschwanstein.
I'm a bit peev Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 7, 2015
- Nuremberg to The Black ForestFrom the previous entry, The Bridge of Spies
==Nuremberg to Munich==
Another early start on the road for a few hours to Rothenberg, a spectacular medieval town set within town walls. Th Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 6, 2015
- GermanyIt's 12am and we have just left the port of Wismar. The port put on an unexpected show for the cruise ship. We got the impression that they don't get many cruise ships and are trying to experience more of Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 4, 2015
- GermanyOn Sunday we arrived in Travemünde. We decided to start the day by taking the train to Lübeck. Due to its Brick Gothic architectural heritage, Lübeck's restored historic city centre became a UNCESCO World Heritage Site in 1987. Much o Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 4, 2015