- speyer to wiesbaden (via worms, for mainz)saturday: really enjoyed our aft. at the technik museum. walked over there after lunch, and spent the
next few hours inside planes, trains, submarines/boats and space pods! (and generally mooching around
the enormous site).
they certainly have an ama Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 24, 2013
- baden baden to speyerfriday: had another wander around baden baden yesterday, took a picnic with us.
when we arrived we popped into the casino for a peek, and then the trinkhalle, followed by a walk
along the famous lichtentaler allee (next to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 23, 2013
- Elba Tripwe left Dresden about 6:30 this morning and moved to Meissen. This is
another cute little town in Saxony. Around 1708, an alchemist in
Dresden developed the formula for producing porcelain. This was the
first European production of porcelain. To this p Posted by dgreening in Our Travels | Aug 22, 2013
- Dauchau, Germany After we left Heidelberg but before we reached Munich, we decided to make an impromptu visit to Dauchau. For those who know their European history, you'll know Dauchau was one of the concentration camps during WWII. I didn't take any Posted by bambi12 in The Girl Who Will Wait For No One | Aug 21, 2013
- Munich Madness
After Heidelberg, the next stop was Munich. Munich was packed! It was a sea of red, black, and yellow everyone because we had been lucky enough to arrive the same day that Germany was playing Italy Posted by bambi12 in The Girl Who Will Wait For No One | Aug 21, 2013
- DresdenMost of the travel I have been doing has been based off a rough plan. Then picking specific places and times based off advice, prices and last minute research.
Dresden was one of the places we visited without initially intending to Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 21, 2013
- triberg im schwarzwald to baden badenwednesday: slept surprisingly well at the aire, it was v. quiet, and as we had the blanket on top of
the duvet we weren't cold either.
after tea we chatted to brian and kath, uk motorhomers we'd met in the carpark in Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 21, 2013
- konigsfeld im schwarzwald to triberg im schwarzwaldtuesday: rainy old day yesterday. stayed in the van all am, p worked, then we had lunch, and waited for a rain
break to get the shopping done.
eventually - about 4pm - we scootered into town for supplies.
after a Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 20, 2013
- BERLIN (Germany) - 16, 17, 18 & 19th AugustThe capital of Germany - Berlin.
We arrived late on Friday after travelling by various means of transportation from Venice.
ie : Water Bus, Plane, Airport Bus, Plane & Taxi. That was enough for that day.
The last 3 days Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Aug 19, 2013
- ulm to konigsfeld im schwarzwald sunday: slept pretty well at the aire, surprising as it was super busy, right next to a tram track, near to
a beer garden and full of cars!
an italian motorhome appeared late, and parked in the tiny space next to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 18, 2013
- ausgburg to ulmsaturday: found the (online) wascherie and got x2 loads of washing done yesterday, horray!
after using the hydro extractor in there, (our new fav. machine) we dried it outside the van - bit
naughty really - but it saved time Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 17, 2013
- Wine Festivals of the MoselWe live in a very touristic area of Germany known as the Mosel River Valley. There are many little towns along the Mosel river just a 20-40 minute drive from our house. During the months of July through September each Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Aug 16, 2013
- munich to augsburg (via dachau)thursday: really enjoyed our exploration of munich yesterday!
scootered in about 11am, only took about 20 mins., not too bad a journey, despite having to go on the
autobahn for about 1km (always hairy!).
parked up in marienplatz, the central square, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 15, 2013
- Ulm[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Germany/|Germany photos]]
“Ulm?! ... Umm…. What’s that?” was probably your response to the title; unless of course you’re German, in which case you may have questioned, “Ulm?! ... U Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Aug 14, 2013
- oberau to munichtuesday: brilliant day yesterday!
spent the am rowing on the konigssee (there was such a long queue for electric boat tours, we
opted for the smaller, more enegetic option!) which was beautiful, serene and peaceful.
we rowed for a couple of hours, stop Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 13, 2013
- 3-6 Aug - Prague, Rhine Valley (Germany), Amsterdam, LondonSaturday 3rd August – Prague (Czech Republic) to Rhine Valley (Germany)
Another bus day, not much to report on. We watched a movie but I just went to sleep. Downloaded some more games on my phone last night as Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 12, 2013
I am becoming increasingly convinced that for the duration of the 26th and the 27th of June, I must have been completely blacked out and dreamt about a fantastical Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Aug 10, 2013
- Heidelberg Woke up at a painfully early hour and drove from Amsterdam to Heidelberg. Okay, so I didn't do the driving myself, but I sat my butt in a seat for such a long time and read Harry Potter and Posted by bambi12 in The Girl Who Will Wait For No One | Aug 9, 2013
- garmish-partenkirchen to oberau (for berchtesgaden)friday: after quick brekkie, and making of picnic lunch, we left for our hike at about 11am yesterday.
we had found out from various sources that wank is part of the ester mountain range, and rises to a
height of Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 9, 2013
- Eagle's Nest and Bunker at Obersalzberg===The Kehlsteinhaus / Eagle's Nest===
The Kehlsteinhaus, called "Eagle's Nest" by the invading American WW2-forces, is located high above the border corner between Germany and Aust Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Aug 6, 2013
- Our Little Sojourn!!We took off Sunday morning as we wanted to use the day to get to Eging am See which is 30km from Passau, Southern Germany. There are no semi-trailers allowed on the autobahns on the weekends in Germany!!!!! Fantastic because Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 6, 2013
- Icecream in Linz with the Mason’sOn Saturday, Birg woke up again with a bad back so she had brekky and then went back to bed again with a wheat bag and medication. I got Bill to pick me up at 12pm as I’d organised with Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 5, 2013
- Inaugural BBQ at Franca’s placeFriday evening Birg was well enough to go over to Franca’s place for a BBQ. I smsed her and she wrote back that they we buying a BBQ at that moment!! So when we got there, Felix was putting it Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 5, 2013
- fussen to garmisch-partenkirchenmonday: pottered in the am, had some lunch then noticed some ominous black clouds gathering
so decided to wait awhile before scootering to the two schlosses.
very glad we did, as day turned to night, there was a monumental downpour, more Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 5, 2013
- Germany & Austria ItineraryThis is our itinerary showing where we are staying each night. We pick up the car when we leave Munich and return it on arrival in Vienna.
Sun.........Sep 1......DFW – London
Mon........Sep 2......London to Munich
Wed Posted by MikeandKaren in Germany 2013 | Aug 4, 2013