- The Bags Are PackedThe bags are packed.....and I've left the uk via my favourite airport Luton...aka the airport that had the cheapest fare to my first port of call Berlin!
A quick note on my pre trip preparations - having made a previous extended Posted by stuhutchuk in A One Way Ticket To Bangkok | Jan 30, 2015
- Connecting the armistice train...from Compiègne to Crawinkel
Inside the armistice train on 9.11.1918 (Source: Wikipedia)
Crawinkel, Thuringia: German monument for the ar Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Jan 10, 2015
- Days 143-148: Munich, GermanyWent on the walking tour. Checked out the huge parks here (bigger than Central or Hyde or Golden Gate). There're lakes with paddle boats and water fowl... And biergartens next to the water! Eating lotsa wurst Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Day 140: Dresden, GermanyI took a bus here so I could carpool to Czech, but I checked it out for a few hours. It was nice! Lotsa old palaces and churches and stuff. I'll come back sometime.
Zwinger Palace: 9.5 Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 132-139: Berlin, GermanyMan, berlin's pretty fucking sweet. Got here just in time to see Germany destroy Argentina in the Cup finals. They had public screenings of the match on huuge screens throughout the middle of the city with bars, DJs, Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 129-131: Hamburg, GermanyHamburg was pretty cool. I went on some tours, and explored the city a lot. I stayed with a German, and she showed me around, too. We went to the beach, went on some ferries, walked through Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Days 127-128: Kiel, GermanyWell, my friend Ninette let me stay at her place with her fiancé. It was a nice intro to Germany, but more importantly, I got to get really clean after camping and being so dirty for a week. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | Dec 29, 2014
- Unplanned Stay in HamburgWake up Nannie a big day ahead chortles my husband. But I think I need coffee first to understand the instructions and german place names we are to visit.
[img=http://photos.travellersp Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 18, 2014
- Off to Ocky (short name for Lynn's family)Off to Ockenfels today to link with my family history. My grandfather was an Ockenfels and interestingly he was a shoe maker and there is a Castle of the same name that is today the head office of a shoe Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 20, 2014
- Check out KolnI had trouble waking up this morning and didn’t feel up to walking the city with John, so he went by train into Koln alone. The MacBook Pro stopped working yesterday so we haven't been able to catch up on Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 21, 2014
- Hello Koln or CologneFarewell to Hamburg and Hello Koln, but on the way a little stop over at Meren to check out the factory outlets. I couldn’t wait to get into the Nike shop and found a pair of boots plus a Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 19, 2014
- Last day in DenmarkAnother rainy day met us, so we had breakfast then talked about the day ahead. I've completed the family history activities that had led us to Denmark. Lynn didn’t really like Denmark...although comfortable and cosy in the accommodation...she just Posted by BioC12 in Biocultural 26/7 | Dec 17, 2014
- Our adventure continues...It's the day after Christmas, and this is the first time we are really able to reflect and digest everything that has happened in the past three months. WOW... I mean, where do we even begin?!
We were Posted by NicoleandJens in Eastbound and Onwards | Dec 26, 2014
- Castles, castles, and more castles....And so begins the morning of touring the life of King Ludwig II.
So, I'm not so hot with history... so if you want the whole history of who King Ludwig II was, you're probably better off on Wikipedia or something. Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Dec 18, 2014
- The land of my "peeps"!After my first post, I felt all energized to get my hands on our pictures of our recent Europe trip and organize them into some blog entries that we could enjoy later. But let me tell you - after Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Dec 18, 2014
- Nuremberg We have now parted ways with Neil and Amanda, as they head towards Belgium and onwards to home. We would love to see and do more of Germany but didn’t realize that the whole country would be so expensive Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Dec 17, 2014
- OKTOBERFEST in Munich and Neuschwanstein Castle!Day 1 - I started the journey to Munich, Germany, alone... But it wasn't long until I met up with some of the awesome peeps that I'd met in Gallipoli in April.. My first night in Munich was spent catching Posted by Well_Alyse in My Gap Year - 2014 | Dec 16, 2014
- CologneGood afternoon everyone,
We had an early morning today and headed off to Cologne, Germany. Traffic held us up on the notoriously busy A4 autobahn and we were late for our tour of the EL-DE House that served as the headquarters Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 16, 2014
- AachenGood afternoon parents,
The group had a busy day today. We were up, had eaten and were on the road by 8:30—on our 20-minute walk to the Caves St. Pieter. These tunnels were created over centuries as the inhabitants of the Posted by FHSEurope2014 in FHS Europe | Dec 15, 2014
- Germans don't know how to queueI set off on my travels at 7am on Saturday the 13th December from the lovely Digbeth coach station, knowing that things could only really go up hill from there.
After a short and freezing cold trip to Heathrow, Posted by MissJW in Miles to go before I sleep | Dec 14, 2014
Well, there isn’t much to say about this crazy endeavour we partook in. Oktoberfest in Munich, where the original celebration of the marriage between Princess Theres Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Dec 12, 2014
- The journey starts in FrankfurtThe journey begins. From Hamburg to.... Frankfurt yeh still in Germany. I can't wait so get on that plain tomorrow.
Funny thing: I arrive at my hostel, open the door to my room and who is sitting there? An Australian guy! Posted by Lenas.Reise in Lena and the Kangaroos | Dec 10, 2014
- Munich Oktoberfest
Way back when we lived in Japan we used to go to the Yokohama Oktoberfest every year. It was a bigger and bigger group each year and it got to be more and more fun. So, when Kate and TW Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 30, 2014
- And more photos Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Nov 30, 2014
- More photos...something went a miss with the blog Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Nov 29, 2014