- Strikes and Rain Interupt Travel Off to Munich, first leaving Sunny off at the train station in Nuremburg. This was the beginning of the circus. Sunny was to travel from Nuremburg to Frankfurt to Brussels.
We were told to wait for someone to help us but Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- Sailing down the RhineWe began our day in Koblenz with a tour of Marksburg Castle. It is a 700 year old fortress built up high on a hill. It was quite interesting. The rest of the day has been spent sailing down the Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 3, 2014
- Festivals and RuinsWe had originally planned to go to Munich today but Dieter suggested a new plan to visit a festival in a little town called Ransbach. This festival is a week- long festival to celebrate the church with traditional dances, food Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2014
- It's about to start
I am about to start my next travel chapter: MEXICO. I will be spending 170 days in Pachuca as an exchange student with the EU program EURICA. This may well be the most Posted by nerikimmera in Diving into the World | Jul 2, 2014
- Berlin to Prague, Wednesday, 2nd July 2014Bidding a fond & lengthy (due to the GPS taking us across Berlin suburb by suburb) farewell to Berlin, we headed south to Dresden for our first stop enroute to Prague.
Dresden was once known as the "Florence on the Elbe", Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 2, 2014
- MunichDer Weg zurück nach Hause......
Tja, es ist doch noch ein Eintrag nötig. Wir sind wieder zuhause, alles fühlt sich schon wieder so gewohnt an, der Urlaub ist nur noch Erinnerung. Immer dasselbe, ein komisches Gefühl.
Morgens um acht ging es f Posted by shaun_2012 in Scotland 2014 | Jul 2, 2014
- CologneToday we spent the day in Cologne. It is a beautiful city, rich in history dating back to the Roman Empire days. Learned more about the country's traditions and about World War Two. The architecture is very mixed due to Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 2, 2014
- Canoeing in the Franconian SwiterlandA little about Dieter: Dale and I were going to go to the Middle East for a visit with relatives. I had to do last minute shopping at the mall and boys were small; 1, 3 & 4. Clayton would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 1, 2014
- Onward to GermanyEver onward! We went to the airport to exchange cars at Avis.
Another travel hint: cars may be rented for a maximum of 28 days on a contract. This is whether you rent and extend by the week or just Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 1, 2014
- Berlin, Tuesday, 1st July 2014Our second day got underway early, making our way to the East Side Gallery. [[http://www.eastsidegallery-berlin.de/data/eng/index-eng.htm]]
This gallery is a 1.3k section of the Berlin Wall that artists from around the world have been invited to paint Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 1, 2014
- Berlin, Monday, 30th June 2014A big day in Berlin got underway with us walking from our apartment in Mitte to the U Bahn, Lucy headed off to the Pergammon Museum, with Janene, Brigitte & I getting to see Berlin from the top of Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 1, 2014
- Hamburg to Berlin, Sunday, 29th JuneOur first day on the road got underway as we headed north to Lubeck.
Lubeck was founded in the 12 century & it's location at the northern tip of Germany made it an important location as the centre for the Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jun 29, 2014
- Checkpoint #2Chelsea Sonnenberg here, reporting from Frankfurt International Airport, where it's eight zillion degrees and smells of pretzels.
My 10.5 hour flight ended about an hour ago and since then I have been lost twice, had my Dasani waterbottle confiscated Posted by ChelseaLaree in Smalltown Abroad | Jun 29, 2014
- Hamburg, Saturday, 28th June 2014[img=h Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jun 28, 2014
- Sydney / Melbourne / Dubai / Hamburg Well here we are in Hamburg!
The journey was uneventful from Australia if you don't include Lucy trying to take her phone through the airport scanner (& here was me thinking it was going to be Janene trying to bring her Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jun 28, 2014
- RecoveryI will do the medical update first. Don't worry to all of our squimish friends. We did not include any pictures of incisions or scars or anything of that nature. To medically minded folks and those that like gore, email Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jun 22, 2014
- Sunset to Sunrise - Travel Days MergeThe time has finally come to depart on our adventure. The day began with the trip to LAX from San Diego being uneventful. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a dilemma. Luftansa was looking for people to give up their Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jun 22, 2014
- Munich, GermanyMunich isn't really what any of us expected it to be, but we've still loved it! After we got settled in on Monday, Johannes went downstairs to ask the guy at the front desk where we could find a good Posted by carlybassett94 in Miles and Smiles Away | Jun 18, 2014
- Let the games begin!!!Finally at the airport awaiting boarding! I love my frequent traveller status (not bragging, but its true!), I sailed right through checkin, security and allows me to wait with a glas of prosecco in my hand!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/65845 Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jun 17, 2014
- First day with the famzTook an early Friday bus to Berlin. Spent some time at the bus station just waiting for them to pick me up in the car, due to issues with the car and gps. Then when we thought we'd be on Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 15, 2014
- Bonn Aachen is a hot spring place, with the distinction of being Germany's westernmost point, and also bordering both Belgium and the Netherlands and thus having a tri-meeting point! On the other hand, Bonn used to be Germany's capital, before Berlin Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 13, 2014
- Cologne is not for menGot to my bus in the morning, was one pleased that the air was cooler! Was asleep for most of the bus ride, but halfway through it rained and I felt so comfy. I love being in a vehicle when Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 13, 2014
- Tag 12Gegen 9:00 Uhr findet die Ausschiffung im Hafen von Passau statt. Viel Zeit haben wir nicht, einen Blick auf die 3-Flüsse Stadt zu werfen. Der Bahnhof ist in der Nähe des Hafens. Von dort aus fahren wir mit dem Zug Posted by fegoesdonau in FE goes DONAU | Jun 12, 2014
- Raging heat Today I spent the morning at primarkt. Woohoo! Finally got to go shopping. And I'm not sure, but since it's in Germany it might be cheaper than in London? At any rate, I overshot my budget so no more shopping Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 11, 2014
- P.S. To Preparations Post
I lied. Packing massacre started tonight with a glass of wine. Backpack's too small. Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Jun 11, 2014