- Sundays with FreundHello there!
Guess who's back?
And my poor jeans after 5 weeks of travel ):
Back Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- Day 5 As leaders we decided to make a stop at Dachau concentration camp enroute to Munich. Our tour manager thought this was possible too so we did. Very powerful and amazing experience. Personally it was a chance to pay homage to Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 9, 2014
- The Hills Are Alive...!Today is Good Friday so nothing in Germany is open. However, the lady at the information stand told us Austria is going to be business as usual, so we decided to rent bikes and cycle through the alps to Austria. Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 19, 2014
- Bavarian Kings and Their ToysWe awoke to a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky, perfectly clear and sun shining. Today we're visiting the local castles, many thanks to Lem (that's Lap and Em for the uninitiated). As the day was so gorgeous Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 17, 2014
- Guten Tag GermanyThe concept of travelling via ground transportation to multiple countries in one day is something quite foreign to most North Americans. Take yesterday for example. In less than 12 hours we had been in Great Britain, Belgium and Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 7, 2014
- No Doorbells or Sleigh Bells, Yes Schnitzel With NoodlesWe got up to head to the station bright and early for our eight hour train journey to Füssen, Germany. As we were leaving the flat we realised our online digital tickets needed to be presented printed on an A4 Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 16, 2014
- Sausages!Over the last 2 days one of the things I've learnt is just how important sausages are in Germany! Our guide in Regensburg told us yesterday that most German people would eat more than 50 kilograms of sausages each year. Posted by lbaker in Ms. Baker's Trip | May 7, 2014
- An idea being born...Watching a documentation about travel photography in Madagaskar on telly right now, I'm thinking about how I got here...
I've been travelling on my own for years by now. Copenhagen, Istanbul, Edinburgh, to name those, which I travelled to alone so Posted by Augensternchen in Verena's Big Trip | May 5, 2014
- Cake and castles!One of the best things we've done so far has been afternoon tea with a German family in their home. We travelled around Wertheim by bus and were dropped off in small groups at people's homes. They had prepared a Posted by lbaker in Ms. Baker's Trip | May 4, 2014
- Berlin. Vibrant and cosmopolitan, Berlin, much to our surprise became one of the cities we enjoyed the most. A history lesson on every corner, five days was not enough time to cover this massive city.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632527/IMG_0 Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | May 4, 2014
- New ThingsFriday, 2 May
Today I went with S and MJ to Neumuenster. It's a designer outlet mall about 2 hours of train and bus from Hamburg. I kind of regret going, because I really have no money for that kind of Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 4, 2014
- Day 2 - Franfurt layover and flying to CasablancaArrived everywhere safely though not with all of my belongings!
We had a long plane ride to Frankfurt in which we watched some movies including The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and Frozen! Played some Mario Party and slept a bit.
We Posted by AlexaArrianna in The Adventures of Alexa | May 3, 2014
- GermanyWe sailed into Germany and visited our first castle yesterday. We found out what it was like to live 500 years ago and I have got some great photos to show you when I get back. I also went for Posted by lbaker in Ms. Baker's Trip | May 2, 2014
- Kaffee und KuchenOne of my Dad's colleagues is German, and had a business trip to the refinery in Hamburg. Coincidentally, he was from Luebeck, and his sister lives in Hamburg! We got in touch and I was invited over to his sister's Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 1, 2014
- Germanys River and SeaAfter saying a reluctant goodbye to Bavaria we were back in the car headed north. After an overnight stay in Hannover we arrived at out next destination – St Peter Ording that is in northern Germany by the North Sea.
[center][img=http://photos.travelle Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Apr 30, 2014
- Filderstadt wieder!Yay!
Finally returning to Europe, after almost 1.5 years! Cant wait to visit my host family and see their new Golden Retriever!
Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | Apr 29, 2014
- Adios Tibet, hello Thailand!I just changed my booking and am now flying to Thailand instead of China/Tibet after Tokio. China is just too annoying to organize and I can't be bothered to fake-book hotels in Chinese cities I won't visit and lie about Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Apr 27, 2014
- Dresden, Nuremberg and BerlinWhen we last left you we had just started exploring the east side of Germany and were in Dresden. Incase you haven't heard of the city, it claims to have invented the tea bag, toothpaste, the wonder bra, the beer Posted by julesandjosh in Juli and Josh's European Adventure | Apr 27, 2014
- Yet another summary I've been so busy, haven't had time to do any writing! This will be a summary of everything since then. Sorry I'm so lazy.
For reference, my normal school schedule (not including seminars) is Tuesday morning, wed morning, Thursday whole Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 24, 2014
- Goodtimes in BavariaAfter the craziness of Southern Italy we were all looking forward to our next destination - Germany.
First stop was a small village by the Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Apr 24, 2014
- Neuschwanstein CastleWwwwwwwwwwwwwooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Neuschwinstein Castle. wwwowww
More pictures at the bottom
This is the Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 21, 2014
- GERMANY - DRESDEN
So after a blistering cold winter (mild standard according to the locals) we thought we would head out of town for a few days to get the travel juices flowing again. Thanks to it Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Apr 20, 2014
- Passau, Germany/Linz, Austria - Wednesday, 3 August 2011Up early and on the bus by 8.00 am for our day trip to Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic. First we went to the lookout over Passau. Very nice.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 19, 2014
- First 20 hours in MunichThe Sunday that I arrived in Munich turned out to be a fortuitous string of great luck and happenstance that seems to only truly happen while you are traveling. Days like this make me marvel at how small the world Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 19, 2014
- Welcome to Saarbrücken ![center]Welcome to Saarbrücken ![/center]
Saarbrücken tells the story of two Cities, Alt Sarrbrücken and St Johann reunited in 1900 to create a metropolis with human dimensions, resolutely modern but also proud of its heritage showing in the pic Posted by victorian67 in Escapades around the 3 Borders Country | Apr 19, 2014