- MunichThis is all a little crazy. Two posts in a single week. Thought I would continue rambling on, about stuff you know. Quick update on my loose plans. The only confirmed date and destination is Iceland on the 3rd. Havn't Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Oct 22, 2015
- Day Eighteen - Bike Tour in MunichSo, I woke at 4am & as much as I wanted to go back to sleep, it didn't happen - really annoying. Got a call from Mum, was good to hear from her & catch up on the latest. Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 21, 2015
- Diese Welt is' geil Denn ich hab' alles, was ich brauch'The further I get into my trip the harder it is to find the time to sit down and start, let alone finish a blog entry (sorry guys!). But I’m definitely well overdue to write about the Germany leg of Posted by kmklu1 in Kristina's Travel Blog | Oct 21, 2015
- Day Seventeen - Vienna to MunichSo the clothes dried overnight, crisis adverted! Up at 6am & left the apartment at 7am to walk in the rain to the train station for our 8.30am train to Munich. It was meant to be 4hrs & Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 20, 2015
- Thuringia: Germany's Secret Underground
The Free State of Thuringia (German: Thüringen; red borderline on the map) is a central German Bundesland, often associated with terms like Germany's "gree Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Oct 19, 2015
- Conspiracy in Schwabing: where Lenin and Hitler had LunchIt is common knowledge that the movement ("Die Bewegung") of National Socialism and Hitler started in Munich, Bavaria.
A much less publicised fact is that International Communism (Lenin, Parvus and others, and later the first Soviet Repu Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Oct 19, 2015
- About MannheimMannheim, the city we will be living in the for the next 3.5 months, is in southwest Germany, about a 30 minute train ride south of Frankfurt. It's the eighth largest metropolitan area in Germany, but the city center Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Sep 17, 2015
- Germany - Part 1Alas, our two week tour ended in Berlin. We ended up staying in the “alternative” part of town - the southeastern part of the city called Friedrichshain. By “alternative,” what I mean is that drunks and homeless people are the Posted by NicHaris in Europe's Roads Less Traveled | Oct 15, 2015
- Day Nine - BerlinIan went out to the shops this morning to get milk for breakfast, he advised 'I am having a beer free day today' & returned with a bottle of champagne - said it was for me!!
Another sunny day in Berlin, Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 12, 2015
- Day Eight - Berlin WallWoke to sad news that my Uncle Bobby (Dad's younger brother) had passed away in Margaret River - spoke to Mum who was pretty upset - the biggest downside of getting older, losing those you love. Went to St Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 11, 2015
- Day Seven - Jewish Museum & Topography of TerrorHappy 25th to Josh - got to chat with him on the phone. The three boys caught up for take away at our house - using our credit card of course!!
Our first sunny day in Berlin - although it Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 11, 2015
- Day Six - Touring BerlinAnother cold day in Berlin, really did not pack for this weather!! Headed into the city & went on a 4.5hr bike tour with The Fat Tire Company - another great guide whose knowledge on German history was impressive. Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 10, 2015
- Brief visit to Frankfurt
We are staying in the Villa Florentina, (Westendstrasse 23 - D-60325 Frankfurt www.hotelflorentina.de). It is cosy, friendly, with high ceilings and an ambience of art Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 9, 2015
- Day 25: Switzerland ~ Lichtenstein ~ Austria ~ GermanyYes you read that right. We went through four countries in one day! Granted we only stopped very briefly in Lichtenstein and Austria, but still it counts! We were supposed to leave at 9 in the morning, so McCall and Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Oct 8, 2015
- Day Five arriving in BerlinFelt like a long day today. We farewelled Amsterdam & flew to Berlin where we will stay for five nights. We left our hotel in. Amsterdam at 9am & arrived at our apartment in Berlin at 4.00pm. Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 8, 2015
- The Romantic RhineThe Rhine river, which begins in the Swiss Alps and ends in the Netherlands, flows mostly through Germany. As you may have seen in a previous post, it runs through the south of Mannheim. We are fortunate to Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Oct 7, 2015
- Chapter 25: And a sickness came upon usThe next few days we were out of commission due to a cold Kevin caught and gave to Ariel not long after. We spent 2 full days sleeping, eating, watching old James Bond movies, and being taken care of by Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Chapter 24: Looking back in timeThis day was filled with local culture, starting with a personal tour with Sophie around the city centre.
The highlights that she walked us through were the Brandenburg Gate (with Lieberman's house directly beside it who also said during WW2, Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Chapter 23: East vs. WestWaking up close to noon, we got caught up emails/blogs etc. and researched what we wanted to do during our stay in Berlin. We then set off for Kreuzberg, a region in the south-east of the city, and saw the Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Three Woman & a Watermelon Named Wilson
So that is how my day started, a traditional Bavarian breakfast -Yum
The three of us (we picked up Birte's Mum last night) and the watermelon living in Birte's car Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Oct 3, 2015
- Ein Prosit Ein Prosit[center]WE SURVIVED!!!!!!!!!!![/center]
We had the best day of our lives and met so many people and were the center of attention the entire time which is our dream and we might as well come home because we don't know how we Posted by katemancuso in Taken: The Epilogue | Oct 3, 2015
- Getting here #1I woke up at about 630 in the morning and had a cinnamon roll for breakfast. Then Madre and I drove to the airport, picking dad up on the way. They received security passes to go to the gate with Posted by SarahAva in My Adventures in Germany | Oct 2, 2015
- Plane Spotting & SurfingOur day starting with a spot of plane spotting at the Munich Airport only a couple of kilometres walk from Birtes house.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660953/A2 Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Oct 2, 2015
- And so the adventure begins..."Ja, wie weet, misschien start ik nog wel een blog, maar waarschijnlijk niet..." - dit was elke keer mijn antwoord op de vraag of ik iets zou gaan bijhouden op reis. Not sure what happened, maar sinds een paar dagen Posted by Tessa_S in Azië 2015-2016 | Oct 2, 2015
- Stuff Disney I'm an Aussie bob sledder heading towards gold..... But I don't look good in Lycra
Woke up hangover free from German beer, it was after 6am I beat jet lag (yes) , all was good in my world.
Today's plan was to tick something off the bucket list, Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Oct 1, 2015