- BerlinWe left Krakow for Berlin on the night of May 22. We always go with the cheapest mode of transportation, which in this case was an overnight bus. Despite our best efforts to squeeze a decent sleep out of it, Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | Jun 6, 2015
- Day 18 – 4 June (Thursday)It is a holiday in Munich today – “Feast of Corpus Christie” day – it celebrates the belief in the body and blood of Christ as being a really present in the Eucharist (Holy Communion). Andrew suggested we hire bikes Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 5, 2015
- Day 17 – 3 June (Wednesday)We leave Lauterbrunnen today and make a 5 hour trip to Munich. We headed over for breakfast and again ate up big. It was a sunny day. I am thankful we had good weather as it would be quite sad Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 5, 2015
- CologneAfter leaving Amsterdam we sailed through the night and most of the day which was very relaxing.. we got a chance to go into the wheelhouse and see the captain steering the ship, a little disappointing as there is Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | Jun 2, 2015
- There are Castles and then there are Castles ...........The weather continued to be as dreary and dribbly as it had been for weeks but the misty haze made the approach to Neuschwastein was rather magical. The anticipation of seeing such a talked about structure is enough in Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jul 29, 2014
- Fussin about Fussen Still on the "Claudia and Mike trail" we drove to Fussen and found the "Wohnmobilplatz Füssen" which was an easy 15 minute walk into town and we found ourselves in yet another Bavarian gem. We were getting wonderfully familiar with Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jul 29, 2014
- Lake KonstanzThursday the 24th of July Todtnau - Konstanz
Compared to our neighbors we were late starters (surprise surprise) as when we opened the shutters the car park was empty of trucks and starting to fill up with regular drivers stopping for Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jul 27, 2014
- Wash it all out with a friggen awesome wasserfall!FINALLY on the morning of the 23rd we were told that Maddy was all fixed with a brand new computer and that we could get on the road once more. OH THE RELIEF!!! We decided to celebrate our reuinion by Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jul 24, 2014
- A change in plan - Hello Freiburg!Since Mehring, some suspicious spots had been plaguing Mylo and by the time we left Triberg the spots had multiplied significantly and we suspected that he had come down with Chicken Pox. We wanted to get him to a Dr Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jul 23, 2014
- From the Mosel river to the Black ForestFriday the 18th July
I have no idea how it takes so long to get things packed up but it does. We spent the morning getting things ready for the next leg of our journey to the black forest while Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jul 20, 2014
- Guten Tag Deutschland!After a slight detour to a “Gaswinkle” to pick up an adapter for our safefill gas canister we were Germany bound!
It was a gorgeous day and soon after crossing the border we stopped for an ice cream at a Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jul 13, 2014
- Day 3 - Cologne - Hamlin - Hamburg
On the bus again was the theme of today! We were on the bus for a very long time as we had quite the drive ahead of us. We both enjoyed our time in Cologne, but it Posted by Kris and Kayla in Our European Adventure 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- Day 2 - Rhine Valley, St Goar, Boppard and Cologne
Day 2 of our tour was very busy. We were changing states again in Germany and had an early start. Bags were packed and stomachs full from a delicious breakfast and we were ready for what d Posted by Kris and Kayla in Our European Adventure 2015 | Jun 4, 2015
- KONSTANZ (Lake Constance) GERMANY - JUNE 3rd & 4thYesterday we walked around Konstanz and basically had a lazy day. Konstanz is the largest city on Lake Constance.
Our home for 3 nights is Hotel 47 on the banks of the Rhein as it flows from Lake Constance West into Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 4, 2015
- LAKE WINDGFALLWEIHER to KONSTANZ - JUNE 2ndNougat had a last look at the lake before we left.
At breakfast we discovered the Dining Room had a very impressive chandelier, hand made locally.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 2, 2015
- COLMAR (FRANCE) to LAKE WINDGFALLWEIHER (GERMANY) JUNE 1I decided to post some extra bits and pieces this morning to lighten our load. What a great idea I thought. Arriving at the Post Office I was confronted by boxes and packets of all kinds, having experienced Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | Jun 1, 2015
- Day 1: Frankfurt, Germany[center][/center]
This was the first day of our tour. We flew into Frankfurt from Copenhagen, after our lengthy goodbyes to Kris' family. We missed our transfers, so we thought, and decided to taxi into our hotel in Offenbach. We arrived Posted by Kris and Kayla in Our European Adventure 2015 | May 29, 2015
So we are just at the start of our 7th week away 19 to go. We have visited 10 different countries and used 4 different currencies.
On this day Leo Thomas Carter entered the world. Congratulation Carter family he is just Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | May 28, 2015
- Munster - Westphalia....
As we've come to the western side of Germany, the weather has turned a bit colder, though still thankfully sunny.
Today was spent having a look around the town where Julia was born. We did a hop on hop off Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 27, 2015
- FREUDENSTADT (GERMANY) - MAY 26th & 27thTwo days of Motorcycle heaven - The Black Forest area.
The temperature has not been kind to us but with the Black Forest to play in we had to go out - with Nougat of course.
Let me show you the way Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 27, 2015
- Checkpoint Charlie etc....Today was our last day in Berlin...
We started the day with a visit to Checkpoint Charlie, we'd read that it was a bit tacky, but never the less we thought we needed to see it anyway.... and of course Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 25, 2015
- We do the 'Cold War'We started the day at the Berlin Wall Memorial on what was once the border strip between East and West on Bernauer Strabe. When building the wall in this area buildings were destroyed and also part of a cemetary. Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 24, 2015
- KADEL to FREUDENSTADT - MAY 25th Today we left Kadel heading through some lovely little villages, crossing the Rhein at one stage and into Baden Baden. The roads along the way and little villages we passed through were suspiciously quiet - not a soul around. Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2015 | May 25, 2015
- PotsdamToday we did a little day trip from Berlin to Potsdam, its 25kms so just a short train ride. In the past it was favoured by the monarchs as their summer residence. However, in more recent times it Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | May 23, 2015
- Italian in GermanyThe unofficial count for Italian restaurants in Frankfurt is round 180 so its a pretty good place to be for the Italian lifestyle
I have tried 5 of the best and they have all been authentic Posted by Bruco in An Italian Lifestyle | May 25, 2015