Germany has been on our bucket list for some time now and 2013 will be the year we check it off. So with that said...let the planning begin.
First step, decide Posted by Z's en_route in Guten Tag | Sep 4, 2013
- Berlin Part 2After see the main center, many historical sites and memorials the rest of our time in Berlin was spent exploring the new and alternative sides to Berlin.
The area that we were staying in, Friedrichshain, was previously in the east Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 3, 2013
- Berlin Part 1I'm going to write about Berlin in two parts. It is kind of fitting because Berlin is a place of twos:
East and West.
Before the war and after the war.
World War and Cold War.
Capitalists and communists.
Businesses and artists.
As Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 3, 2013
- braubach to koln (via koblenz + bonn)saturday: we had a day of doing nothing at all yesterday, rather nice. no moving, no sightseeing,
just stayed around the van, enjoying the warm weather.
walked into the village mid-aft. to get some bread, otherwise nada.
c watched the boats Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 31, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Berlin ZooAfter a long day and night of travel, we arrived in Berlin at 1 in the afternoon. In case you were counting, that was 40+ hours of wakefulness, plus a 6-hour delay, and an 8-hour international flight of intermittent sleep Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Aug 28, 2013
- bacharach to braubach (via kaub)wednesday: p worked all yesterday am, then we had some lunch, and walked to catch the ferry for a little
boat trip up the rhine; to oberwesel.
bought our tickets, waited for a short time, the boats all seem to run a Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 28, 2013
- weisbaden to bacharach (via bingen)monday: another rain day yesterday! hardly went outside : (
p worked, c pottered, route planned etc., we updated our budget spreadsheet, had tea, watched
a (bad) film, then bed.
never managed to get into weisbaden, or over to mainz....which was disappo Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 26, 2013
- speyer to wiesbaden (via worms, for mainz)saturday: really enjoyed our aft. at the technik museum. walked over there after lunch, and spent the
next few hours inside planes, trains, submarines/boats and space pods! (and generally mooching around
the enormous site).
they certainly have an ama Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 24, 2013
- baden baden to speyerfriday: had another wander around baden baden yesterday, took a picnic with us.
when we arrived we popped into the casino for a peek, and then the trinkhalle, followed by a walk
along the famous lichtentaler allee (next to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 23, 2013
- Elba Tripwe left Dresden about 6:30 this morning and moved to Meissen. This is
another cute little town in Saxony. Around 1708, an alchemist in
Dresden developed the formula for producing porcelain. This was the
first European production of porcelain. To this p Posted by dgreening in Our Travels | Aug 22, 2013
- Dauchau, Germany After we left Heidelberg but before we reached Munich, we decided to make an impromptu visit to Dauchau. For those who know their European history, you'll know Dauchau was one of the concentration camps during WWII. I didn't take any Posted by bambi12 in The Girl Who Will Wait For No One | Aug 21, 2013
- Munich Madness
After Heidelberg, the next stop was Munich. Munich was packed! It was a sea of red, black, and yellow everyone because we had been lucky enough to arrive the same day that Germany was playing Italy Posted by bambi12 in The Girl Who Will Wait For No One | Aug 21, 2013
- DresdenMost of the travel I have been doing has been based off a rough plan. Then picking specific places and times based off advice, prices and last minute research.
Dresden was one of the places we visited without initially intending to Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 21, 2013
- triberg im schwarzwald to baden badenwednesday: slept surprisingly well at the aire, it was v. quiet, and as we had the blanket on top of
the duvet we weren't cold either.
after tea we chatted to brian and kath, uk motorhomers we'd met in the carpark in Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 21, 2013
- konigsfeld im schwarzwald to triberg im schwarzwaldtuesday: rainy old day yesterday. stayed in the van all am, p worked, then we had lunch, and waited for a rain
break to get the shopping done.
eventually - about 4pm - we scootered into town for supplies.
after a Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 20, 2013
- BERLIN (Germany) - 16, 17, 18 & 19th AugustThe capital of Germany - Berlin.
We arrived late on Friday after travelling by various means of transportation from Venice.
ie : Water Bus, Plane, Airport Bus, Plane & Taxi. That was enough for that day.
The last 3 days Posted by MKaye in Motorcycling around Europe 2013 | Aug 19, 2013
- ulm to konigsfeld im schwarzwald sunday: slept pretty well at the aire, surprising as it was super busy, right next to a tram track, near to
a beer garden and full of cars!
an italian motorhome appeared late, and parked in the tiny space next to Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 18, 2013
- ausgburg to ulmsaturday: found the (online) wascherie and got x2 loads of washing done yesterday, horray!
after using the hydro extractor in there, (our new fav. machine) we dried it outside the van - bit
naughty really - but it saved time Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 17, 2013
- Wine Festivals of the MoselWe live in a very touristic area of Germany known as the Mosel River Valley. There are many little towns along the Mosel river just a 20-40 minute drive from our house. During the months of July through September each Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Aug 16, 2013
- munich to augsburg (via dachau)thursday: really enjoyed our exploration of munich yesterday!
scootered in about 11am, only took about 20 mins., not too bad a journey, despite having to go on the
autobahn for about 1km (always hairy!).
parked up in marienplatz, the central square, Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 15, 2013
- Ulm[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Germany/|Germany photos]]
“Ulm?! ... Umm…. What’s that?” was probably your response to the title; unless of course you’re German, in which case you may have questioned, “Ulm?! ... U Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Aug 14, 2013
- oberau to munichtuesday: brilliant day yesterday!
spent the am rowing on the konigssee (there was such a long queue for electric boat tours, we
opted for the smaller, more enegetic option!) which was beautiful, serene and peaceful.
we rowed for a couple of hours, stop Posted by spiderface in our motorhome adventure | Aug 13, 2013
- 3-6 Aug - Prague, Rhine Valley (Germany), Amsterdam, LondonSaturday 3rd August – Prague (Czech Republic) to Rhine Valley (Germany)
Another bus day, not much to report on. We watched a movie but I just went to sleep. Downloaded some more games on my phone last night as Posted by tarah_nz in Our OE in 2-0-1-3 | Aug 12, 2013
I am becoming increasingly convinced that for the duration of the 26th and the 27th of June, I must have been completely blacked out and dreamt about a fantastical Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Aug 10, 2013
- Heidelberg Woke up at a painfully early hour and drove from Amsterdam to Heidelberg. Okay, so I didn't do the driving myself, but I sat my butt in a seat for such a long time and read Harry Potter and Posted by bambi12 in The Girl Who Will Wait For No One | Aug 9, 2013