WOW, what a party. We are coming out of this weekend a bit more haggard and beat up, but with some pretty awesome memories.
Full disclosure - our main reason for visiting Munich was Posted by tylerandshawna in Tyler and Shawna's Great Adventure | Sep 26, 2014
- Travel Day: Bordeaux to MunichWe've been on trains all day today!! We woke up at 7:30 this morning and our plan was to go to a grocery store to pick up some food for the train. Since it was still dark outside at 7:30, Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Sep 25, 2014
- The Saxon Jewel Box - DresdenOur time in Dresden has been fairly short, like Heidelberg it is a rather small city for German standards. The place is amazing! The old town where our hotel is located it beautiful. Dresden has always been a Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2014
- September 2014 in EuropeLet's begin this month with a trip to St. Louis and Rolla, MO (in a prior blog post) but September only begins in earnest with a trip to Vienna. Then through Amsterdam on KLM and participating in the SPE Exploration Posted by fracmeister in SPE President Travels | Sep 30, 2014
- Once Divided Now United - BerlinSo we have just checked into our beautiful and amazing hotel in Dresden (more on the next blog)
Our time in Berlin has been awesome...yet another city that we have fallen for and thought "Hey, we could live there". I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2014
- Arriving in Munich, GermanyI arrived in Munich via the central train station at around 5pm. Getting off the train was a sight to remember. I realized things would be crazy in Munich around Octoberfest but I guess the concept of 10 million people Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 25, 2014
- Stuttgart, GermanyI arrived in Stuttgart in the afternoon and headed to the Steigenberger Hotel located directly across the street from the main train station. It was still raining so I decided to grab lunch at the hotel and then head out Posted by CStopero in European Adventure | Sep 24, 2014
- Ich bin dann mal weg
:-) + yay! Posted by Kieler Sprotte in Sprottenauffangbecken | Sep 23, 2014
- Regensburg We are due for some rainy weather today - temperature of 52 this morning,, no more short sleeve shorts, After our dream like weather last week we shouldn't complain. Should be nicer as the week goes on. Without giving it Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 22, 2014
- NurembergNow on board, our satellite connection is spotty so I need to keep this brief.
We bused from Prague to Nuremberg yesterday arriving 5pm. We traveled for about 4 hours on the Autobahn - cars have no speed limit but buses Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 21, 2014
- Neuschwanstein and the English Gardens - Munich
So we are on our way to Berlin, leaving Oktoberfest behind us (we figure maybe next year from the UK). Munich has been chaotic for th Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 21, 2014
- Germany: Stuttgart: Heiko and the Huge Hohenzollern CastleAmazingly we made it to Heiko’s without getting lost at all!?! WOW! We must be getting better at driving in Germany :) He has an awesome flat super close to a nice church which we walked by at Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 17, 2014
- Germany: Moseying Along the Mosel Wine ValleyWith the rental car fiasco out of our hair and the freedom to drive anywhere. . . we were finally off! I was super excited to be driving on the autobahn but luckily for Ruby our rental car Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 14, 2014
- Germany:Dusseldorf: Crazy Trains and Rental Car DisastersWe thought the trains in India were bad. . .but the ones in Amsterdam were just as crazy! We could see people walking up and down the aisles confused over where to sit and luggage everywhere! Of course these ones Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 13, 2014
Travelled to Germany/Slovakia/Hungary/Poland... arriving via (Singapore) and (Abu Dhabi), then travelled to/through; Frankfurt, Mannheim, Elz Posted by joffre in Itinerant Traveller | Sep 19, 2014
- Random observationsGuten nacht from Trier, Germany! As we were driving here today, I was trying to work out what I remembered from my two years of high school German. Unfortunately, I suspect knowing how to count to ten and how to Posted by apostrophewoman in The Festival of Alison | Sep 18, 2014
- Romantik Altstadt und Philosophenweg - HeidelbergSo after an overnight stop in Cologne (saw the cathedral, drank some Kölsch...well Lewis did, and saw the Rhine river) we arrived in Heidelberg.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/679578/I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 18, 2014
- Oh mein Gott wir haben einen BlogLiebe Leute,
diese Reise wird anders. Diesmal gibt es eine Neuerung, nicht nur das ich nicht allein unterwegs bin, nein! wir haben noch einen dritten Begleiter. MrBlog. Mal gucken wie lange wir Lust haben ihm am Leben zu lassen und Posted by KimmiMorten in Cape Town | Sep 18, 2014
- DresdenThe Swissotel is very modern, chic...seemed very Euro. We woke up early and Cari pulled me along for a 5 km run over the old bridge and along the opposite side of the river giving great views of the sunrise Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 17, 2014
- 3rd day in BerlinThe sleep Monday night was not quite as long as the previous night's 11hrs but was still rejuvenating. We had strongly considered a day trip to Potsdam today. Potsdam is the Versailles of Berlin where Frederick the Great had his Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 16, 2014
- 2nd Day in BerlinWe awakened at 7am - 11 hours of rejuvenating sleep. We were refreshed and eager. The lounge offers a glorious continental breakfast - after all we are on the continent. Pastries, fruits, smoked meats, and I even had a soft Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 15, 2014
- BerlinWe checked into the Grand Hyatt. I had forgotten I used a few more points for the concierge floor. Ding! We rested just a bit and then decided to venture out. First day in Europe is tricky - fatigue is Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 14, 2014
- Today we got wetA decent breakfast by Helga, paid our bills and off. Just starting to rain at 09.00 as we fuel and go out of town and onto the motorway. Then it rained, and kept on raining, First stop Posted by Eric_The_Viking in Big Bike Adventure 2014 | Sep 12, 2014
- Mera Peak Climbing in Nepal!Due to its comparative ease, excellent views and the topographic variety, the Mera Peak Climbing has established itself as a very popular trekking destination for trekkers all around the world. Situated between the Hinku and the Hongu Valleys, the Everest Posted by Sonam Lama in Trekking in Nepal. | Sep 12, 2014
- Settled In StuttgartHi all, Stuart here, writing our belated first blog post of the trip.
It's been en eventful week and a half. The travel part to make it here to Stuttgart was easy compared with the stress and effort of packing, moving, Posted by Natasha14 in Forks on the Road | Sep 10, 2014