- A Glass Half FullWe're over half way done with our adventure! To make sure we don't forget the highlights from this brilliant beginning portion of our trip, we decided to compile a list before our memories are too cluttered with what the Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 5, 2014
- Once Upon a Time in Rothenburg ob der TauberEggplant
I know I said the towns on the Rhine didn't look as German as the fake German tourist town of Leavenworth, Washington, but Leavenworth has nothing on Rothenburg ob der Tauber! The town of Rothenburg is one of the Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 5, 2014
- Franks in FrankfurtEggplant
Frankfurt was more of a pit stop than a destination for Blaze and me, but it ended up being a really nice mini adventure. We got into the city around dinner time after our day on the Rhine. Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 4, 2014
- The Three C's of CologneEggplant
I had my nose pressed against the train window when we were pulling into the Cologne station because right next to it was the Cologne Cathedral! It's another one of the great cathedrals I learned about in class. Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 3, 2014
- 2014 F4 OCEAN PRINCESS - KIEL CANALHAVING TAKEN A CANAL I DID NOT KNOW EXISTED, THROUGH HOLLAND TO AMSTERDAM & BACK OUT TO THE NORTH SEA, WE ARE NOW TAKING THE KIEL CANAL THROUGH NORTHERN GERMANY.
I HAD HEARD OF THE KIEL CANAL BUT HAD NO IDEA Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- 103By popular demand, I'm finally writing a travel blog. I jest. I've wanted to write a travel blog for years but have been too lazy. I finally got my act together and have decided to make use of those lengthy Posted by mischel in Mischels magical monde | Aug 1, 2014
- Week 5 Session 1: CHECK!
Session 2: just started!!
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014:
First day of my second session! This session I am taking Abnormal and Clinical Psychology and first session I took Health Psychology!
After class I had a very p Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 30, 2014
- To the Fatherland
Switzerland (or at least Interlaken) was a great place to visit, especially after the excessive heat and crowds of Italy. The first things one notices while on the train are the huge mountains and the intensely blue lake. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- 3 kids and 4 adultsOur very dear but no longer so near friends, Jenny and Dave took on the amazing feat of traveling around the world with 3 children under the age of 7. We have been friends for 10 years now and I Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jul 27, 2014
- BLACK FOREST HERE WE COMEBLACK FOREST HERE WE COME
We woke about 3 this morning and finally I managed to get the blogs and photos for the past 3 visits online! Now on the motorway to Friedenweiler in Black Forest. First 75 Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jul 24, 2014
- Triberg Falls- Family Daytrip[img=http://photos. Posted by krismcwill in Our European Adventure | Jul 24, 2014
- The journey begins On a bus now from Frankfurt to Prague, with an hour's stopover a Mannheim.
I love that the scenery out the window has changed since March. Not just with regard to the place and climate and particular fauna, but Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 22, 2014
- My 24 hours in MunichOne day is not enough for Munich. It was put in the schedule because I had to get a flight to Athens and I wouldn't be able to get there cheaply if we stayed in Salzburg. But I am definitely Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 22, 2014
- Sleeping Beauty's CastleWhen my Mom was planning this part of the trip, the #1 attraction on her list was to go to Sleeping Beauty's castle. (Sidenote: When I told this to someone, they said: "Oh, I didn't know Sleeping Beauty was a Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 21, 2014
- Harburger DaysIt's 10.45pm and I'm sitting here at my desk for what seems like the last time. I'm 90% done with packing, all the rest of the stuff will be thrown into any small available space in half an hour. Tomorrow Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 20, 2014
- Off to the Hinterlands of Europe, Or NorthwardAfter a day of organizing, buying a camp stove and one last beer garden with Dieter and Inge we were off to the wild blue yonder of Northern Europe.
We car camped just to see how it would be to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 20, 2014
- DachauVisiting a concentration camp has been on my agenda for years. I have always loved history , especially that of the 20th century, and felt a great sense of responsibility to make myself turn textbooks into tangibility. What I learnt Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Jul 19, 2014
- Touring Regensburg in the RainWe planned to net up with Dieter, repack, and then head out for Prague. Dieter emailed and asked if we might meet in Regensburg instead at 2pm. I’d wanted Dale to see Regensburg so this would be perfect. What Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2014
- MunchenMunich is nicknamed Toytown because of its rich Bavarian context- the architecture is a a barrage of medieval spires and statues, softened by fairytale greens and pinks. The people are somewhat the same, very formal and close-lipped but also very Posted by Gmp13 in Fernweh | Jul 11, 2014
- Down Time in GermanyWe promised Tobias that we’d visit and stay a couple of days.
A little about Tobias: he was an exchange student of ours when the boys were in high school. His age is between Clayton and Justin. He stayed with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2014
- First camping stopHere it is... home for the next 5 days.
Awesome job setting up the tent, and fortunately with no hiccups remembering how to set up the tent. It was a two hour job, to get ev Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- Munich / Munich to Zurich,Tuesday / Wednesday, 8/9 July 2014Tuesday in Munich saw Nick & Lucy head to Dachau, the site of the Dachau concentration camp memorial.
There is nothing that can be adequately said in respect to this site, the memorial is a tribute to the people who were Posted by NicholasCook in Keeping up with the Cooks | Jul 9, 2014
- Summer Holiday Adventure[center][/center]
With much coercion, Mike managed to fit all our stuff in the box on top and the boot of our car. We are off on a camping adventure! Our basic plan is to head south to Stuttgar Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 8, 2014
- The Fun Sports StuffToday was the German holiday which they call the Guten Tag of the Hodge, which will be roughly translated by future historians as "Good Day of the Hodge". This historic day shall recognised and celebrated in Deutschland as Posted by Hodgeontour in Fernweh | Jul 7, 2014
- On the Main RiverYesterday we spent the day on the river to try to make up for lost time. We still have quite a long way to travel before we are in Nuremberg. I'm pretty sure we will not be there until tomorrow Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 7, 2014