- Day 66 - Rhein in FlammenThe day began with pelting rain, so we slept in and stayed cosy. Ro and I left the kids with Harrisons and went in search of a laundromat. Don't trust goggle maps to find one. We went to three towns Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 12, 2014
- Busy in Berlin - Part 2 Another beautiful day in Berlin, what were we meant to do ... explore!
First stop on our tour was the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedachtniskirche, an old church where they've turned the ruins into a memorial hall with photos and some of the items saved. Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 11, 2014
- Being a BerlinerEggplant
For a city with so much history, Berlin looks incredibly modern. You'll be walking by tall, glass buildings, and you'll round the corner and BAM! There's a chunk of the Berlin Wall. I think it speaks a Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 10, 2014
- Busy in BerlinWe've had a busy day exploring Berlin with Birte who thankfully not only played tour guide but put up with all our questions & translation requests, bribing her with pineapple lumps worked : ) thank you Birte!
I've seen so much Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 64 - Rhein CruiseKoblenz.
After getting off to a slow start and then driving what seemed forever to find a car park we finally found a spot only to find out it was only 2 hour parking! We got some instructions from some friendly Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Day 65 - Rhein walkWe were rather excited about today. The main reason we had come to the Rhein (English: Rhine) Valley was because years ago we watched a video of an English woman doing several walks in Germany, and her walk along the Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 8, 2014
- Train on a Ferry .... Really?!?!Really a quiet day mostly on the train, however we didn't quite believe the train driver when he told us we were boarding a ferry to get from Denmark to Germany after all we took that long bridge to get Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Aug 8, 2014
- Day 63 - to GermanyIt was sad to leave Holland behind. We really enjoyed what we saw - such a pretty place. And so much more to explore that we didn't have time for. The Noah's Ark replica would have been great, but Posted by thepuks in Puks' Europe trip 2014 | Aug 7, 2014
- Hammering through HamburgBlaze
Val is making me go first, because "Hamburg was for you, so you should write it". Hamburg was short, just 1 night, so hopefully this will not be to bad. My stories are not as fun to read as Val's, Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 6, 2014
Ich bin ein Berliner!
20th Jul to 25th Jul: After the excitement of Amsterdam, our next stop was Berlin. We were on the Busabout bus early once again at 8am, and we didn't arrive in Berlin until Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Aug 5, 2014
- A Glass Half FullWe're over half way done with our adventure! To make sure we don't forget the highlights from this brilliant beginning portion of our trip, we decided to compile a list before our memories are too cluttered with what the Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 5, 2014
- Once Upon a Time in Rothenburg ob der TauberEggplant
I know I said the towns on the Rhine didn't look as German as the fake German tourist town of Leavenworth, Washington, but Leavenworth has nothing on Rothenburg ob der Tauber! The town of Rothenburg is one of the Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 5, 2014
- Franks in FrankfurtEggplant
Frankfurt was more of a pit stop than a destination for Blaze and me, but it ended up being a really nice mini adventure. We got into the city around dinner time after our day on the Rhine. Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 4, 2014
- The Three C's of CologneEggplant
I had my nose pressed against the train window when we were pulling into the Cologne station because right next to it was the Cologne Cathedral! It's another one of the great cathedrals I learned about in class. Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Aug 3, 2014
- 2014 F4 OCEAN PRINCESS - KIEL CANALHAVING TAKEN A CANAL I DID NOT KNOW EXISTED, THROUGH HOLLAND TO AMSTERDAM & BACK OUT TO THE NORTH SEA, WE ARE NOW TAKING THE KIEL CANAL THROUGH NORTHERN GERMANY.
I HAD HEARD OF THE KIEL CANAL BUT HAD NO IDEA Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 31, 2004
- 103By popular demand, I'm finally writing a travel blog. I jest. I've wanted to write a travel blog for years but have been too lazy. I finally got my act together and have decided to make use of those lengthy Posted by mischel in Mischels magical monde | Aug 1, 2014
- Week 5 Session 1: CHECK!
Session 2: just started!!
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014:
First day of my second session! This session I am taking Abnormal and Clinical Psychology and first session I took Health Psychology!
After class I had a very p Posted by sayjul in Seju's Travels | Jul 30, 2014
- To the Fatherland
Switzerland (or at least Interlaken) was a great place to visit, especially after the excessive heat and crowds of Italy. The first things one notices while on the train are the huge mountains and the intensely blue lake. Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Jul 28, 2014
- 3 kids and 4 adultsOur very dear but no longer so near friends, Jenny and Dave took on the amazing feat of traveling around the world with 3 children under the age of 7. We have been friends for 10 years now and I Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jul 27, 2014
- BLACK FOREST HERE WE COMEBLACK FOREST HERE WE COME
We woke about 3 this morning and finally I managed to get the blogs and photos for the past 3 visits online! Now on the motorway to Friedenweiler in Black Forest. First 75 Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jul 24, 2014
- Triberg Falls- Family Daytrip[img=http://photos. Posted by krismcwill in Our European Adventure | Jul 24, 2014
- The journey begins On a bus now from Frankfurt to Prague, with an hour's stopover a Mannheim.
I love that the scenery out the window has changed since March. Not just with regard to the place and climate and particular fauna, but Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 22, 2014
- My 24 hours in MunichOne day is not enough for Munich. It was put in the schedule because I had to get a flight to Athens and I wouldn't be able to get there cheaply if we stayed in Salzburg. But I am definitely Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 22, 2014
- Sleeping Beauty's CastleWhen my Mom was planning this part of the trip, the #1 attraction on her list was to go to Sleeping Beauty's castle. (Sidenote: When I told this to someone, they said: "Oh, I didn't know Sleeping Beauty was a Posted by EscapewithKay in Jersey Girl hits Europe | Jul 21, 2014
- Harburger DaysIt's 10.45pm and I'm sitting here at my desk for what seems like the last time. I'm 90% done with packing, all the rest of the stuff will be thrown into any small available space in half an hour. Tomorrow Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 20, 2014