- THE ROOTS OF LUTHER AND THE REINHARDTSThis was a long day, so it requires an expanded narrative.
We started the day early, leaving bustling Berlin at 8 a.m. Getting out of the city of 3.2 million people during morning rush hour was a concern, but actually it Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 9, 2010
- THE BIG CITY OF BERLINWe began the day with Susie feeling a bit under the weather, so we decided to forego the "Hop On Hop Off' bus and call a taxi to get us to our first stop: Checkpoint Charlie.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/567915/large_Baltic_908..lin_Germany.png Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 8, 2010
- TOURING HAMBURGA leisurely morning, no alarm clocks were set but we were still up by 7:30 a.m.
Breakfast is always included at Holiday Inn Express; of course, this is the German breakfast of sliced meats, cheese, breads, etc. much like in Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 6, 2010
- "WE ARE IN THE FATHERLAND"These are the words that Elaine spoke as we landed in Hamburg on our morning flight—she had arrived in the homeland of her family's ancestors.
Checkout of our hotel and the taxi ride to the airport were uneventful; Sunday morning is Posted by jeburns55 in Baltic Cruise 2010 | Sep 5, 2010
- This Week in HarburgI haven't written anything in the past 2 weeks, mostly because I've been so frustrated at the lack of free internet in my dorm and in school. At this current moment (initial time of writing, I don't expect to finish Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 11, 2014
- Getting prepared....Wooohooo, another point to cross off my gigantic to-do-list :)
So here it is, my travel blog, hopefully be filling up soon with comments, pictures, thoughts... not only mine, but yours, too :)
What am I up to at all?
I'm going to Posted by Augensternchen in Verena's Big Trip | Apr 10, 2014
- ReisefieberIhr Lieben,
Die Zeit vergeht rasend schnell und der Abflugtag für die Mittelamerika-Tour kommt immer näher. Am Montag geht's von Frankfurt aus zu unserem ersten Ziel: Panama City. Mein Rucksack steht bis jetzt allerdings noch mehr oder weniger dekorati Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Apr 4, 2014
- GermanyWe drove from Switzerland into Germany and cruised down the Rhine Valley. Just stunning scenery, however a little overcast hence the photo is a little dark. We stayed in a town called Boppard, which is nestled on the Rhine. Loads Posted by mccoach-cripps in mccoach-cripps travels | Mar 22, 2014
- GERMANY - GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN
It was now time to head to our next destination the glamorous ski resort town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen near the border of Germany and Austria. Thankfully it w Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Mar 27, 2014
- My way into FreedomeNo sooner said than DONE!
My first steps into FREEDOME looked like this:
I quit my job in November and call myself a free person since March. I gave up my apartment, sold all my furniture and gave most other things to Posted by alexandra we in In between Dreams | Mar 26, 2014
- GERMANY - CHRISTMAS MARKETS
After settling in Berlin for a couple weeks and setting ourselves us up with a new kit to survive the Berlin winter (giant puffy coats) it was time for Family Visit Mach 2 – thi Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Mar 24, 2014
- Trust LIFE and life will take care of you...To trust LIFE... is that even possible?
"Trust life and it will take care of you", Let go, the universe won´t abandon you", or " "You live in abundance already you just can´t see it yet".
One theorie after another, internalized Posted by alexandra we in In between Dreams | Mar 22, 2014
- GERMANY – BERLIN Part Zwei
It was a bittersweet second visit to Berlin due to the fact that we only had a few more days left with my parents before they took the long flight home back to Melbourne. This visit saw Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Mar 17, 2014
- ExplorationIt's 9am and 1 degree out, and the morning mist stills shrouds the town.
Okay, well that was when I got here. It's now 12.07pm and the internet cafe meter is at 4.50 EUR, soon to be 5. Just spent so Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 6, 2014
- What Sophia forgot 1. Slippers (new and bought specifically for overseas)
2. Favourite pair of brown shoes
3. Detergent (not a big issue)
4. LAN cable (also not an issue, especially because my dorm hasn't even set the wifi up yet)
5. Bedsheets (would have taken up Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 4, 2014
- Day 1I'll start out by confessing that I got homesick two hours into the flight, and that I'm missing home like crazy right now. It's not just people, but also the familiarity and security of home.
The following is a long Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 2, 2014
- Ich Liebe BerlinNow you might be thinking that this is an all beer and skittles trip but we do have our serious moments - so on Tuesday we decided to travel out to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, it was cold, it was Posted by Louise Pryor in Borealis to Borscht | Feb 19, 2014
- Berlin BitesA first class train trip from Munich to Berlin was a steal at 35 euros and a very pleasant way to travel. (was also a good way to recover from the trauma of being forced to go to my first Posted by Louise Pryor in Borealis to Borscht | Feb 17, 2014
- MunichWe hit the ground running in Munich. Arrived Thursday arvo, were in our first pub by 6.00 and we were waiting for our first pick up on Friday morning at 8.30am ready for our trip to the Bavarian castles. So Posted by Louise Pryor in Borealis to Borscht | Feb 15, 2014
- GERMANY - BERLIN Part Eins
After Oktoberfest on the back of five months backpacking it was fair to say we were broken both physically and mentally. This wasn’t helped by our money saving trip up to Ber Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Feb 9, 2014
- Last hours before the take-offWe spent the entire Sunday on packing, arranging etc. Wojtek needed to find time for the dentist and is now praying for no dental problems in the next 5 weeks.
Miggi was working with all 4 hands full and Emilka Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 2, 2014
- GERMANY - OKTOBERFEST
After all our travelling over the last six months we had finally made it to our adopted homeland Germany and the last stop on our travels before settling in Berlin for t Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | Feb 2, 2014
- PreperationsEmilka is packing, Miggi is watching movies, I'm upstairs
And now seriously...
We are working on the packing list, washing stuff and trying to eat and drink in the middle of this chaos. The spirits are high.
[map=629536 lat=51.045925 lon=7.01921999 Posted by Minuano in AU & NZ | Feb 1, 2014
- Apie tai, kaip atsimerkę nardėm
Vokietijoj nebuvau pora metų, bet čia viskas tvarkoj. Jie kaip ir anksčiau, prie bokalo alaus ima stikliuką baltos. Tik bokalai restoranuose sumažėję - populiariausias standartas jau t Posted by gramas in MENKĖ PO LOVA | Jan 27, 2014
- Our new homeI know this is well overdue... and that in fact we have been living here for nearly to 6 months... but my new year's resolution is to get my blog back up to date and write about our travels regularly!! Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jan 13, 2014