- We made to Cologne Germany 2nd Stop in our Europe TripWe boarded a train from Paris to Colon. It is very fast train that takes about 4 hours....
our Train was in time and without any problems. The kids enjoyed speaking with other travelers at the train.
Our host Meysam was waiting Posted by NAGATTRAVEL in TRAVELING WITH KIDS | Dec 7, 2016
- MunichMy first experience with Munich was back in 1994. I'd met a number of German medical students during a brief neurology externship in London, and decided to visit a few of them on a three week rail tour of Germany. Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 6, 2016
- Back in MunichTook yesterday to wash some clothes at Lydia''s apartment, play blocks and read books with Isana, and then Lydia, Dennis, Isana and I went to a Japanese expo in a small building with hundreds of people smashed together. If you Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound....again! | Dec 5, 2016
- The great cities of Central Europe road tripAfter our epic road trip around the Adriatic in 2014, I started daydreaming about other routes that would take us through every part of Europe I'd ever wanted to visit. I settled on a time frame of four to five Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Dec 2, 2016
- On to StuttgartWe spent the morning in Rothenburg......can't get enough of that place! Just feel transported back in time with cobblestone streets and the old buildings. Isana, Lydia, and Alex climbed the wooden staircase to the top of the Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound....again! | Nov 30, 2016
- Heading out of MunichLeft the NH Munchen Messe hotel in Munich this morning with everyone aboard our very well packed Audi A6 station wagon. Not a foot to spare with luggage, a toddler bed and all 5 of us! After Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound....again! | Nov 30, 2016
- A Typical DayStarted the day with typical breakfast of pretzels, meat, and pastries.......maybe not typical for the kids, but is my staple while here. Much more than my usual quick yogurt and tea! But got to have energy to Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound....again! | Nov 29, 2016
- Just spending time together!Spent most of our day playing with Isana and hanging out with Lydia and Alex. Started the day with breakfast at the hotel. Had to eat a fresh Bavarian pretzel! Did a little shopping Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound....again! | Nov 27, 2016
- Finally!Long day, for sure, but after getting the rentai car, we made it to Lydia and Alex''s place about 7pm. Almost 24 hours after we left Anchorage. Got a few hugs in with all and a nice cuddle, Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound....again! | Nov 25, 2016
- Passau - Day 10 Sunday, 11/13Our ship docked in Passau this morning. After breakfast, we toured this quietly elegant town, called the Dreiflüssestadt (“City on Three Rivers”), because it is situated at the confluence of the Danube, Ilz and Inn Rivers, on the Austrian Czech Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 13, 2016
- Regensburg - Day 9 Saturday, 11/12This morning, we congratulated ourselves on our decision to skip the optional excursion to Munich that left the ship at 8 AM (and involves three hours on the bus) as we remained in our pajamas. We are enjoying a Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 12, 2016
- Nuremberg - Day 8 Friday, 11/11Nuremberg is the second largest city in Bavaria. It is probably best known as the site of Zeppelin Field’s Nazi propaganda rallies as well as the location for the war trials, held in Courtroom 600 in the Palace of Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 11, 2016
- Bamberg - Day 7 Thursday, 11/10Yet another UNESCO World Heritage site, Bamberg is situated in the Bavarian region of Germany. Because Bamberg had no railway lines or major industry, the city was not damaged during World War II and, as such, maintains Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 10, 2016
- Wurzburg - Day 6 Wednesday, 11/9Wurzberg is located in one of the best known winemaking regions of Germany. Much of the city was destroyed during WWII and has been rebuilt.
We docked in Wurzberg to these lovely views.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660648/104E9C4E945B Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 9, 2016
- Miltenberg - Day 5 Tuesday, 11/8We had a leisurely morning onboard, and it was delightful to sleep later than usual. There was a glassblowing demonstration from a local artisan that was well attended. We also passed through a series of locks this morning.
[img=http://photos. Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 8, 2016
- Koblenz - Day 4 Monday, 11/7We disembarked Viking Vili this morning in Koblenz. The city's name means confluence, as the Moselle River joins the Rhine here. We traveled about 20 minutes by motor coach for our tour of Marksburg Castle. Set Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 7, 2016
- Cologne - Day 3 Sunday, 11/06Cologne was once a Roman settlement called Colonia Agrippina. You can still see fragments of Roman ruins in some parts of the city, such as this portion of the city wall.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/660648/48E22EA192250609F5B98A8686F53979.jp Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 7, 2016
- Berlin, Germany===Berlin===
The last May Bank weekend we decided to spend exploring Berlin and it’s extrodinary history. First thing on Saturday, we booked a 4 hour walking tour – a perfect introduction to Berlin, covering all the main sights around the Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Oct 30, 2016
- BerlinTonight is our last night in Berlin and we have enjoyed the last four days exploring this vibrant and energetic city, which is a mixture of old and new. Being in Berlin, really brought home to me how isolated and Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Oct 11, 2016
- Day 15: Locks of Love to You, Cologne
'"Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
It’s a quirk of my travel blogging persona that I don’t seem to compose my final entry for a given trip until Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Oct 5, 2016
- OktoberfestLeaving a place as beautiful as Lake Como behind is never easy, but luckily we had one of the highlights of our trip waiting for us..
We arrived in Munich after a fairly comfortable travel day. Our morning consisted of Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Oct 2, 2016
- Germany - Munich, Day 3 - updated 10/29/16Friday, 9/23/2016 - we take a 4-hour bike tour visiting historical WWII sites throughout Munich, including the famous English Garden where there is a "clothing optional" section and the only place you can legit surf in Munich (really!). We Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 28, 2016
- Oktoberfest 🍻🍺Munique
O maior objetivo da nossa vinda para Munique foi visitar a Oktoberfest. Um evento que ocorre entre setembro e outubro na cidade e traz mais de 5 milhões de pessoas.
Munique é uma cidade que merece uns 4 dias para visitar Posted by acconte in Blog de Viagens - Adri Conte | Sep 27, 2016
- Castle ColmburgWe left Tubingen early and noted we were going to arrive early at Castle Colmberg. We decided to drive a short distance and tour a famous Medieval-town called Rothenburg od der Tauber. What a gem if a Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 26, 2016
- One word.... Oktoberfest!!! - updated 10/28/169/22/2016 - I think we found that Oktoberfest = Fun! We weren't sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised by all the friendly folks we ran into. There are 14 large tents (beer halls) that seat Posted by mombrunton in Europe Trip 2016 | Sep 24, 2016