- Europe 2015 - Western GermanyLast post.....couple packed days of sightseeing in western Germany. First day, the black forest and the second day along the Rhine River - both very scenic. We've enjoyed the trip, but are now looking forward to getting back home to Posted by BETHAU in Rambling Woman | Jun 24, 2015
- Back to Germany todayMünchen or as we know it Munich.
We left Salzburg and headed for Munich. The rain remained but our day brightened up when we saw the Michael was our bus driver. Just in case you are wondering his hands are still Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 23, 2015
- Day 16 Sunday. Kinderdijk 🇳🇱There was a dutch presentation aboard ship. Eleven o'clock in the morning and we were served Jenever, a schnapps made from juniper berries. St.Nicholas comes with Black Pete on a horse, (Pete comes down the chimney) on 5 December. The Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 15 Saturday. Cologne or KölnWe arrived here about 8 AM. And off we were for a city tour. Dennis joined us as we strolled this city of a million people. The highlight was the Cathedral that took 600 years to build! Between Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 21, 2015
- Day 14 Friday. Scenic Rhine and KoblenzWe spent the morning sailing the most scenic stretch of our cruise in terms of churches, villages, castles, vineyards et al. And as our Cruise Activity Director says after the first week we will be saying ABC. She did Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 19, 2015
- Day 13. Thursday WertheimWe woke up to pouring rain this morning and very low cloud. We headed off on our walking tour armed with rain gear and umbrellas. It was only an hour tour but it rained the whole time. Not complaining though Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 18, 2015
- Day 12 Wednesday Rothenburg ob der TauberWe docked at Markbreit this morning for a few hours. Two bus loads of us left the ship for a tour along the romantic road to Rothenburg. The ship and remaining guests carried on through many locks to Würzburg where Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 18, 2015
- Day 11 Tuesday BambergWe arrived in Bamberg around 11 AM and headed out for a shore excursion after lunch. As soon as we left, the ship also left heading through a series of locks to finally dock at Hassfurt. Bamberg is also listed Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 18, 2015
- Day 10. Roth & NürnbergIt was an "ex" day; exciting, exhilarating and exhausting. The plan was, we arrive in Roth. We board a bus for some free time in town, then return to the ship. After lunch we board a bus again, Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 16, 2015
- Day 9. Regensburg, BarvariaThe city of Regensburg is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site because it is one of the best preserved medieval towns in Europe. Still standing are the Roman gates of 179 AD. We visited Dom St. Peter Cathedral. This Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 14, 2015
- Day 8. Passau 🇩🇪We were later getting started today because of a delay getting through a lock and then we were stuck behind a River barge. The river is too narrow and so it is illegal to overtake such large vessels. So we Posted by GBallam in Europe for the first time | Jun 13, 2015
- A lazy Summer Day in...Munich!I've been back home in Munich since Tuesday (arrived from Seattle) and just been spent a wonderful warm Saturday summer day at home and in my quarter. I live in one of Munich's most popular hipster areas smack bam in Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea on the Loose | Jun 13, 2015
- To the MoselFrom Cologne, our journey along the banks of the Mosel was utterly and completely breathtaking. On either side of the river are steep, high banks, some completely covered with Riesling grape vines, the wine from which the area is Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Jul 17, 2014
- Tyrol and BavariaWe finally moved out of Venice and took the train north through the Brenner Pass to Austria. The train was quite effortless and it would have been quite easy to catch up on some sleep apart from the views! There Posted by TandTtravel in Europe 2015 | Jun 12, 2015
- Garmisch PartenkirchenI seem to have lost a day since our departure from Neuschwanstein but perhaps that is the magic of the castle ....
The weather forecast was still utterly rhubarb and as we really didn't want to start into Slovenia in the Posted by bywaterbyland in bywaterbyland | Aug 1, 2014
- Castles and FC Bayern Munich Firstly we came to Munich and then we went to BMW Welt and we went to the museum and it was all about history of BMWs. So then we went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jun 11, 2015
- Europe 2015 - Munich, GermanyHello Everyone,
Finally posting, it's been an adventure just getting acclimated over here. Haven't been able to find free wifi, but did secure a pretty cheap SIM card for my old cell phone today - $34 for 1 GB of data. Posted by BETHAU in Rambling Woman | Jun 11, 2015
- Heidelberg and RothenburgMy family and I headed off to to Heidelberg and walked around the city. We also walked down to the main square and we found a lindt store 😇. I ordered my chocolates in German. I also found my Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jun 9, 2015
- The Black ForestThis morning it was off to the Black Forest and cuckoo clocks and black forest cake.... :-)
Away from the river we had rolling hills and quaint villages to drive through..
[img=http://photos Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | Jun 6, 2015
- HeidelbergAfter a less than impressive visit to Mainz in the morning, we took a bus tour to the lovely town of Heidelberg..
We visited the castle up on the hill, and then spent some time in the town itself
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/668294/90_DSCN09 Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | Jun 4, 2015
- Romantic Rhine GorgeWe sailed overnight and arrived in Koblenz early morning, our city walk took us past many old buildings and some modern art....
Posted by anvic in Vicki & Julia go German | Jun 3, 2015
- I'm in Speyer GermanyWe arrived in Frankfurt yesterday and picked up a car and drove to Speyer. Speyer is 1 hour drive from Frankfurt and my dad had to drive on the other side of the road. My dad was the best at Posted by pesabery2015 in Ryan's Europe Trip | Jun 7, 2015
- MunichTo get from Berlin to Munich we rented a tiny little yellow Opal – since there were three of us it was definitely the cheapest way of transporting us between these 2 cities. It ended up being a lot of Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | Jun 7, 2015
- BerlinWe left Krakow for Berlin on the night of May 22. We always go with the cheapest mode of transportation, which in this case was an overnight bus. Despite our best efforts to squeeze a decent sleep out of it, Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | Jun 6, 2015
- Day 18 – 4 June (Thursday)It is a holiday in Munich today – “Feast of Corpus Christie” day – it celebrates the belief in the body and blood of Christ as being a really present in the Eucharist (Holy Communion). Andrew suggested we hire bikes Posted by Tomheasley in Tom Andrew and Bill | Jun 5, 2015