- The Black Forest and Colmar, FranceOn Tuesday we had a good full day. We were docked in Breisach, Germany which is close to the Black Forest. Our tour included a trip to the Black Forest. It's pretty much a 1.25 hour bus ride into Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 18, 2013
- StrasbourgKehl, Germany & Strasbourg, France
weather: 48 degrees and sunny
Bonjour! Yes, that's right-- Bonjour! not Guten Tag! We are on the Germany/France border today so we need to switch gears and speak French. Today we had our Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 16, 2013
- Somme & BerlinOnce Leah’s Mum left us, we spent a further five days in Paris. We toured some of the local sights we had missed such as the Sacré Cœur.
We also went on a day trip to the Somme. We took an Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Dec 15, 2013
- Speyer & HeidelbergSunday, December 15, 2013
Weather: sunny & high 40's
This morning we docked in Speyer, Germany. Mary, Susan and I walked from where the boat docked to the old town center where there is a huge cathedral. It was Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 15, 2013
- On to the cruiseWeather: rainy, low 40's
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Greetings from Frankfurt!
I'm writing this while sitting in a hospitality room at the Frankfurt Westin. We had to check out of the Miramar Hotel at 11am so we checked out then walked Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 14, 2013
- First dayCold this morning -2.5, very heavy frost.
Now I know why I haven't taken a bath in so long, need a crane to get in & out
Went shopping, Nuertingen then Kirchiem, started raining going to Kirchiem, not hard, but would get Posted by Christa-Leroy in Germany 2013-2014 | Dec 14, 2013
- ArrivedArrived at Stuttgart, picked up the rental, Mercedes C class.
Arrived at the hotel Sonnenhalde, really nice place, thanks Timo. They gave us an apartment it's really large, with kitchen, 1 bad is the bath, no shower. Posted by Christa-Leroy in Germany 2013-2014 | Dec 13, 2013
- MunichWeather: foggy in am then sunny, mid 40's, no rain;
Friday, Dec. 13, 2013
Greetings from Deutschland!
I'm writing this on Saturday for Friday because I was too pooped to post last night when we got back to the hotel. Yesterday Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 14, 2013
- Wiesbaden and RudesheimWeather: overcast and low 40's, no rain;
Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013
Greetings from Deutschland!
Today we met at 8:30 for our breakfast at the hotel that is included with our stay. It's the typical european breakfast that consists of a whole Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 12, 2013
- FrankfurtWeather: overcast and mid 40's, no rain; foggy in am and pm
Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013
Greetings from Frankfurt!
Today we checked out of the Ghotel (that's was the name of the hotel) in Koblenz and took the ICE train to Frankfurt. Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 11, 2013
- Bonn and CochemTuesday, December 10, 1013
Bonn and Cochem, Germany
weather- 40's and overcast
with a hint of sun now and then.
Greetings from Germany!
Today our plan was to go to Bonn's Christmas market. Bonn is only about 1/2 hour away by train and the Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 10, 2013
- CologneKoblenz and Cologne, Germany Monday Dec. 9, 2013
weather: overcast and in the 40's
Greetings from Germany!
Today the weather was mild. It was in the 40's but it was overcast for the most part and fairly breezy. We Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 9, 2013
- Ateinančią savaitę atgal į Oslą Mielieji,
Pagal kai kurių iš Jūsų reakcijas, spėju, kad paskutinis mano įrašas apie patirtį Dortmunde gerokai išgąsdino. Pranešu, kad jaudintis nėra dėl ko ;). Pamažu viskas dėliojasi į savo vietas. Dortmunde vis atrandu ką nors mielo akiai, širdžiai Posted by Zuikutis in Zuikučio kelionės | Dec 8, 2013
- Wilkommen to Deutschland!Koblenz, Germany Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013
weather: 40 degrees overcast then rainy
Greetings from Germany! We arrived into Frankfurt around 8:30am local time (6 hrs time difference from home) this morning (Sunday) Our flight was uneventful. The Posted by toursbym in Tours by Margaret | Dec 8, 2013
- First PostHi 2 u all
This is just a post to figure out, which feature does what.
Here comes my first ==picture==.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/644299/DSCN1911.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/644299/thumb_DSCN19 Posted by HanSanne in Starting Blog | Dec 8, 2013
- Anti-Fascist protest in memory of Silvio MeierThe protest was called for 3pm. We (which is to say I, my roommate and her boyfriend) emerged from the Samariterstrasse U-bahn station at 3:30pm to find everyone still standing around waiting. Demonstrators were clustered in the street Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Dec 6, 2013
- Fairytale views from Neuschwannstein Castle== "I want to remain an eternal mystery to myself and others" - King Ludwig II of Bavaria==
===Why mess with a good thing, our final night in Germany, we headed to another restaurant owned by our favourite beer, Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Dec 3, 2013
- Evidence of evil at Dachau==“Everything can be taken away from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedom -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way” - Viktor Frankl, Concentration camp survivor and Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Dec 3, 2013
- Mėnuo DortmundeSveiki,
Gyvenimas nėra tik baltas ar tik juodas, todėl ir mano pirmasis mėnuo Dortmunde neprimena vien tik pasakos. Pripažįstu, kad jau pasitaikė akimirkų, kai man iškilo klausimas, kokio velnio čia lieku? Tuomet iškart atsivėrė dvi galim Posted by Zuikutis in Zuikučio kelionės | Dec 1, 2013
- Welcome...Finally - after lots of people have bugged me - I´ve done it: Set up a blog that is.
People have called me medieval for not having a facebook account and stuff but I just can´t be bothered.
So - this is Posted by HHDeern in Kiwi travels n more | Nov 28, 2013
- Back with Brigitte in Steinhorst for the last timeWe got back to Brigitte’s place after a pretty heavy duty drive on very full autobahns!!!! You really have to have your wits about you at high speeds. I love the challenge though! Brigitte had a late lunch ready for Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 27, 2013
- You can't ignore the drawThe moment the plane touched down in London I felt as though I hit a wall, I couldn't remember the last time I got excited to be back here and that's not going to change anytime soon. It isn't the Posted by jtontheroad in The somewhat memorable adventures of jt | Nov 26, 2013
- This Is The Rhythm Of The Night=="Rhythm is a dancer, it's the souls companion"==
Sometimes, all you need is a breath of fresh air to re-ignite that passion, motivate your actions and clear your mind, and what better way to escape than jet setting across Europe to Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Nov 24, 2013
- Back with Chri, Hannah & Sam, & seeing my brother BillFrom Köln we drove to Rheinbreitbach where my brother Bill and family live. We stayed with my brother's wife Chri and the kids as Bill has moved out and lives in a flat in the village. We helped Chri out Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 22, 2013
- In our old city of Köln again!We drove from Hückelhoven to Köln (Cologne) and stayed with Cosi and her kids Lea and Tarek again. They are soooo good to us to keep letting us stay with them!! We surprised them with three tickets to the Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 22, 2013