- Germany Road Trip FoodBelgium:
Chocolate, waffles, and cherry beer are all things we've had, and wrote about before. I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with the idea of being able to p Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 20, 2013
- Just the BoysEmily leaves us in Vienna bound for Holland and we set sail for Munich. This is what we crossed the sea for, Oktoberfest 2013, here we come!
Dad enjoys flying along the Autobahn, here there is no speed limit. He managers Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Oct 19, 2013
- Munchin' in München (Munich)=="Of one thing there is no doubt: if Paris makes demands of the heart, then Munich makes demands of the stomach" - Rachael Johnson==
===At our walking t Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 19, 2013
- Yokota Reunion!!!We made so many awesome friends in Japan and we were so happy to hear that we were going to be hosting a little reunion. All of these folks were stationed in Japan at the same time as us and Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 18, 2013
- Wrapping UpSo ends my mini-tour of Eastern Europe, I fly home tomorrow. I could not resist one more post.
1) Wonderful music - I already mentioned how much I enjoyed the short classical music concerts in churches in Krakow and Prague. Posted by Caro369 in Eastern Europe 2013 | Oct 18, 2013
- A Morning In BerlinWell, this will be my last blog entry before i come back home tomorrow evening. It has been a great trip but i am looking forward to coming back. Just the nice 14 hour overnight train journey to Paris to Posted by BredG10 in Making Tracks | May 21, 2011
- Road Trip 4th OctoberAt the end of the Romantic Road lies the inspiration for the famous Disney castle, a pet project of King Ludwig II of Barvaria, the Neuschwanstein castle is one of the most photogenic I have ever seen. Getting to see Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 16, 2013
- OktoberfestHaving two cousins living in Munich gave me a completely different experience of Oktoberfest than what other tourists usually experience.
It was so much fun. So many people dressed up in Bavarian clothing, drinking very good beer, singing Bavarian bee Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 16, 2013
- Reflections upon the occasion of my one-week birthdayI arrived one week ago today and am pretty much over the jet lag (i.e., any remaining inclination to sleep until noon can safely be considered my own laziness). I am, of course, still discovering Berlin. Loving it, Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 14, 2013
- Road Trip 2nd OctoberThe second day at Oktoberfest was more relaxed. First we popped our heads into several other beer halls to see what they were all like. Each beer company has its' own horse drawn waggon to pull its' barrels/kegs of beer Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 14, 2013
- bye bye Landis Just a little post about our friend Landis. He was here for the summer from Hawaii. We didn't know him when we lived in Hawaii but I wish that we had. He is a super fun guy and "does" Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Oct 13, 2013
- Road Trip 1st OctoberYou want to know what Oktoberfest is like; here I’ll show you….
We started early this morning, arriving at the Hofbrau beer hall before opening in order to snag a table. This is critical as you *shouldn't* be served without a Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 13, 2013
- I cry 'uncle'There is no fighting German bureaucracy. You just comply. Submit. Gather all the required documents, stand in line, wait your turn, and be very, very polite to the official helping you.
I do not consider any of Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 10, 2013
- Day one and day two:Tuesday is my first full day in Berlin. I wake up eager to tackle the necessary logistical tasks for my stay in Germany. I have breakfast with my roommates and head out to the Bürgeramt where I need Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 9, 2013
- Road Trip 30th SeptemberRothenburg O.D.T. is roughly in the middle of the Romantic Road (Romantische Straße), a collection of Bavarian villages connected by a highway. ROT is one of the highlights of the road, featuring an impressive Christmas Store/Museum, fortified walls, a se Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 12, 2013
- Road Trip 29th SeptemberAfter a late start, and a long traffic jam on the autobahn we arrived at the quaint little German town of Bamberg after dark. We did manage to find an authentic restaurant that served some primo beer, before making it Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 11, 2013
- Stepping into my new life...After shlepping my suitcase, large backpack and day pack on a bus from Tegel Airport to Alexanderplatz followed a brief stint on the U-Bahn, I arrive about the apartment about ten in the morning. Wilma answers the door a Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 7, 2013
- Freiburg, GermanySo we took off again from Cologne and arrived in Freiburg around 2.30pm and checked into Camping Platz am Möslepark. We then walked to the inner old city of Freiburg. Wow-the Romanesque and Gothic styles of the cathedral and surrounding Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 5, 2013
- BerlinBerlin was not quite what I expected. Given its communist influence, I pictured a city a bit run down and drab, but with a rough, cutting edge chic. Nope. The place is clean, stylish and modern with gorgeous Posted by Caro369 in Eastern Europe 2013 | Oct 4, 2013
- Seems like home....want a beer? [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/623642/DSCN5151.jpg caption=First beer at Augustiner Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Oct 3, 2013
- Heading South[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/623642/DSC00726.jpg caption=Roman wall Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Oct 3, 2013
- Germany & AustriaOur first stop in Germany was Düsseldorf where we caught up with an old school friend of Rein’s and spent some time watching the AFL Preliminary Finals on the internet and eating German food. After these relaxing few days it Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Oct 3, 2013
- Pick pocketsEveryone told me to wear a money belt. I brought one, but found I didn't want any extra lump in my jeans, have enough. I keep all my money, credit cards and passports in my purse which I wear around Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 1, 2013
- Goodbye Salzburg
Said goodbye to Salzburg, Austria. We walked to our parking lot which was about a mile from the hotel as you can not drive into the Old Town of Salzburg.
This morning I laughed when Fred received a text Posted by Horstmeyer in Horstmeyer European Vacation | Oct 1, 2013
- History Lesson[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/623642/DSCN5052.jpg caption=Zeppe Posted by missymabel in Bavaria Bound | Sep 29, 2013