- Chapter 53: Stuttgart in a nutshellThese are the highlights of Stuttgart as many hours were spent realaxing/sleeping/de-toxing our livers.
Marc found us at the train station the next day and took great care of us, such as giving us delicious local beers from his well stocked Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 26, 2015
- Chapter 50: It's all in the timing...Our last day in Munich, Ariel found just enough space inside one of the tents for her, Kevin and Marc to squeeze in. HUZZAH!
We were even lucky enough to befriend the big group of uni students at the table. One Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 26, 2015
- Chapter 49: Our "day off" from OktoberfestWith Steve and Matt already gone, we decided that today was a good time to give our livers a break and check out another free walking tour with Marc. Was a beautiful day to learn more about the beer culture Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 26, 2015
- Chapter 48: Luck in our CornerOktoberfest beers brag about their “Purity Law” but they do not warn you about the extremely high alcohol levels! Thus leading us to sleep in and miss our chance to meet up with Kevin's friends, all of which would be Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 26, 2015
- ParisI struggle for the words to write this post. But I can't not say anything about last week's tragic events in Paris, a city that is very dear to me. I am heartbroken and in shock about what Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Nov 20, 2015
- Chapter 47: For the love of BEERIt was finally time to re-enter Germany and arrive in Munich for OKTOBERFEST! We found our campsite (literally called “the Tent”) easily from the main station, pitched our tent, dressed and rushed to the festival grounds where Kevin's cousin Steve Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 20, 2015
- Tessa TimeThis is about my time with Tessa. I'm writing through tears, as my time here is almost over. It's for anyone who cares to read it, but mostly for her. I know she will soon forget our days together, and Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Nov 13, 2015
I'll begin this entry at the end. Not for the first time did I put my camera back in my bag and exclaim, enough. I'm done. Six hours of walking around had started to wear thin on me. My leg Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Nov 12, 2015
- BerlinWell this stop takes the approximate distance covered to over 15,000km. That be some distance. If I was a car I would be definitely due for a grease and oil change. Maybe inflate my tires a bit. Guess Berlin did Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Nov 11, 2015
- The Night Watchman TourThousands of tourists come into Rothenburg everyday for day trips, but very few stay the night. It is absolute magic in the evenings and early mornings when you basically have the town to yourself. Every night at 8pm, Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Nov 11, 2015
- BerlinWe found it a bit interesting to get out of Budapest and it took us quite a while to decide where we could go next. Balancing the budget against seeing new things and avoiding covered ground is tough. There were Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Nov 10, 2015
- Rothenburg ob der TauberWe spent Halloween weekend in Rothenburg, a town in the Franconia region in Bavaria about a 3 hour train ride from Mannheim. The long name is "Rothenburg ob der Tauber", meaning "red fortress on the Tauber river", distinguishing it Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Nov 9, 2015
- Day 26: Munich- BMW welt and BiergartenWe started the day at BMW Welt (BMW World- the BMW factory). Although when we left we almost left behind like 4 people, and we did leave behind one person, since Dr. D was sick of being late to everything Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Nov 9, 2015
- Things I Used to Miss...So continuing on the theme of the last post, here is the list of things I used to miss but got used to not having:
* TV. We have a tv with cable here but only 3 English channels, Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Nov 6, 2015
- Berlin’s attractionsBerlin, the capital of Germany, gets countless visitors each year, and this is not surprising because the city has very many attractions to offer. There are plenty of sights for tourists to see and many things to do.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by Bourniers in Bourniers's Travel Tips | Nov 6, 2015
- Tag 1Aufgrund der zugespitzten Lage in der Flüchtlingskrise wird es immer unwahrscheinlicher, dass man ungehindert über die salzburg-bayrische Grenze kommt. Zum dritten Mal haben wir unsere Anreisepläne zum Flughafen München ändern müssen.
Vorerst war es v Posted by fegoeskiwi in FE goes KIWI | Nov 4, 2015
- Things I Miss About HomeWe are more than halfway through our time here in Germany. It is absolutely flying by and we are loving it here, but I do get homesick and miss the comforts of home sometimes. I hope this post Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Nov 3, 2015
- Kate's Visit, Baden-Baden, and the Black ForestMy college friend Kate came to visit us in Germany this past weekend. She is teaching at an international school in London after a 3 year teaching appointment in Thailand. I haven't seen her since our wedding in Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Oct 30, 2015
- Day Twenty - Porsche Factory & Museum TourToday is the day Ian has been waiting for all our holidays - a trip to the Porsche Factory & Museum. We were up at 6.15am to catch an 8.28am ICE train (can go up to 320km per hour) Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 23, 2015
- Day Nineteen - Touring MunichAwesome nights sleep, collapsed into bed at 8.30pm & didn't wake till 5.45am. Ian & I spent some time updating our photo's before venturing out around 10am.
We decided to walk into Marienplatz (city centre) rather than catching Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 22, 2015
- MunichThis is all a little crazy. Two posts in a single week. Thought I would continue rambling on, about stuff you know. Quick update on my loose plans. The only confirmed date and destination is Iceland on the 3rd. Havn't Posted by kidd1200 in The Vodka Diaries | Oct 22, 2015
- Day Eighteen - Bike Tour in MunichSo, I woke at 4am & as much as I wanted to go back to sleep, it didn't happen - really annoying. Got a call from Mum, was good to hear from her & catch up on the latest. Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 21, 2015
- Diese Welt is' geil Denn ich hab' alles, was ich brauch'The further I get into my trip the harder it is to find the time to sit down and start, let alone finish a blog entry (sorry guys!). But I’m definitely well overdue to write about the Germany leg of Posted by kmklu1 in Kristina's Travel Blog | Oct 21, 2015
- Day Seventeen - Vienna to MunichSo the clothes dried overnight, crisis adverted! Up at 6am & left the apartment at 7am to walk in the rain to the train station for our 8.30am train to Munich. It was meant to be 4hrs & Posted by pitchersontour in Pitchers Europe Trip 2015 | Oct 20, 2015
- Thuringia: Germany's Secret Underground
The Free State of Thuringia (German: Thüringen; red borderline on the map) is a central German Bundesland, often associated with terms like Germany's "gree Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Oct 19, 2015