- “Das ist fantastisch”Sveiki,
Dvi savaitės Vokietijoje praskriejo tarsi vėjas. Kasdien patekdavau kažkur, kur daug naujų žmonių, įdomu, naudinga, smagu, ir, be abejonės, nauja. Įspūdžių daugybė, tad teks labai pasistengti glaustai išdėstyti esminius pastebėjimus šiame įraše Posted by Zuikutis in Zuikučio kelionės | Nov 15, 2013
- Cheese Fondue with Cinzi, Andy & their nephew GerionThat evening we had a cheese fondue with Cinzi, Andy and their nephew Gerion. We met Gerion in Potsdam when we stayed there with Cinzi’s sister and kids (just so you understand the link). Gerion has just started studying in Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 14, 2013
- Lovely Walk with Cinzi in HückelhovenAs we were trying to sell our van and needed to stay near Hückelhoven, we, Birg Cinzi & I decided to take a lovely walk along the Rur River and see where it lead us. It’s pretty chilly here now Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 14, 2013
- Wine tasting and fallHere are some pics from one of our dog walking loops.
Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Nov 13, 2013
- Spending a lovely time with Cinzi & Andy High Tea in HollandWe spent a few days again with Cinzi and Andy in Hückelhoven. They’re just gorgeous generous people. They took us to Roermond in Holland again and we went to have ‘High Tea’ at De Boei, which is a café/restaurant right Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 13, 2013
- October Fest is everywhere in Germany!Well you’d think that Octoberfest was only celebrated in Munich, Bavaria, Germany but it’s everywhere in Germany!!! Brigitte’s good neighbour Inge (pronounced: ‘ing – er’) in Steinhorst, which is middle Germany, said that her and her husband Hanes were go Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 13, 2013
- Visiting Chri’s sister Esther in Hövelhof, GermanyThe next day we caught up with Esther and her family in Hövelhof, which is 10kms from Brigitte’s place. Esther is the sister of Chri who is my sister-in-law, married to my brother Bill. My brother & family live in Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 13, 2013
- Renate & Jürgen’s 47th Wedding AnniversaryRenate & Jürgen invited us to lunch for their 47th wedding anniversary, the generous souls! I’ve mentioned earlier that they are the parents of a German guy we know in Margaret River, Australia, called Dietmar. He is the partner of Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 13, 2013
- Marion, Simone, Birgit & UllaOn Friday Birg caught up with three friends, Marion, Simone and Ulla. She had spent quite a bit of time with them from around the age of 15-20 years old when they were all in the same youth group. She Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 12, 2013
- Wernigerode, Saxony-Anhalt, GermanyThe last town Brigitte wanted to show us was Wernigerode in the old East Germany. Brigitte said that it was a propaganda town that the GDR used to show as a wonderfully functioning Communist example of a thriving town under Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 2, 2013
- Drübeck Abbey, GermanyHere we are again at another abbey! Brigitte wanted to show us all these abbeys and churches as they are very important to her.
The Drübeck Abbey was interesting as it not only had a church, it had the Abbesses house, Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 1, 2013
- Ilsenburg Abbey, Germany Ilsenberg Abbey is definitely still a renovation work in progress. The entrance is imposing and the architecture is gorgeous particularly the columns. The Abbey Church of St peter & Paul is interesting as it doesn’t look like a church. Birg Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 1, 2013
- Quedlinburg, Saxony-Anhalt, GermanyQuedlinburg was beautiful, so many timber framed houses and the market place was gorgeous. You could imagine how beautiful it would be when the Christmas market happens in December. There were lots of renovations happening there and I’d say they Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Nov 1, 2013
- We made it!!After months and months of planning, we finally get to have our day at Oktoberfest, and what a day.
To start with we choose the Hippodrom beer tent.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Oct 20, 2013
- Bitterfeld, Saxony-Anhalt, GermanyThe first town we visited was Bitterfeld where Brigitte was born and lived til the age of 11. We went and looked at the house at 23 Freidenstrasse, Bitterfeld. Brigitte said her place used to look like the blackened Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 31, 2013
- Goslar, Lower Saxony, GermanyBrigitte, Birg’s mum, was very keen to take us to the Harz region in Germany, to a few very old towns which hadn’t been damaged in world war two. We drove to Bad Harzburg and stayed two nights there. It Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 31, 2013
- Spending Time with Birg’s Good Mate Hacki in GueterslohWe organised to see Hacki again on Saturday. We pulled up to their house and Markus her husband was outside on his ladder pruning his beloved trees ready for Winter. His garden is his big hobby. He should really Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 31, 2013
- Catching Up with Gisela near GueterslohWe caught up with Gisela in the afternoon and two of her daughters Miriam and Linda were there, as well as her hubby Hermann who came later on after work. We’ve seen them a few times now and it’s always Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 31, 2013
- A minor peculiarity of German librariesI just screwed up the time of a course and arrived to compus several hours early. No matter, I think; I can just as well sit and work.
Shoot - I brought my laptop charger but no converter, Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 22, 2013
- Taking classes in GermanI took German from 3rd through 11th grade, took a few classes in college to ward off complete obsolescence, and found the occasional conversation partner when possible (it is not exactly the most common language). In recent years I Posted by sbw2109 in The Berlin Blog | Oct 21, 2013
- Lake Constance, (Bodensee), GermanyWe finally arrived at Lake Constance in Germany. It took 4 and a half hours all up. It was a gorgeous, rather cool day but the sun was shining so as soon as we had set up we took our Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Oct 21, 2013
- Ein Prosit Zum (A Toast To) Oktoberfest!
'The traditional drinking song of Oktoberfest which is played every 20 minutes all day, every day:
"Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
OANS ZWOA DREI! G'SUFFA!"'
[quote] Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 21, 2013
- Oktoberfest Road Trip FoodBelgium:
Chocolate, waffles, and cherry beer are all things we've had, and wrote about before. I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with the idea of being able to p Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 20, 2013
- Just the BoysEmily leaves us in Vienna bound for Holland and we set sail for Munich. This is what we crossed the sea for, Oktoberfest 2013, here we come!
Dad enjoys flying along the Autobahn, here there is no speed limit. He managers Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Oct 19, 2013
- Munchin' in München (Munich)=="Of one thing there is no doubt: if Paris makes demands of the heart, then Munich makes demands of the stomach" - Rachael Johnson==
===At our walking t Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Oct 19, 2013