- OktoberfestThere’s no denying it, this blog is painfully overdue. It’s not like my travels since September 2014 have been unworthy of documenting, this huge gap can only be attributed to two things: my utter talent for procrastination, and general shock Posted by gpontour in THE JOURNEY | Feb 15, 2016
- 1st Trip, 1st MonthAs promised, this entry will include a description of my first trip to Cologne as well as the festival of Karneval, which is an unbelievably exciting spectacle for millions of Germans every year before Lent, as well as some thoughts Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Feb 12, 2016
- Anke Schlingemann - Food for Thought When Crossing PathsAnke, you may or may not care to read this. In fact, you may never even see this at all. That is fine. Here it is anyway.
We crossed paths for the first time in 1993 in the Posted by .schlingels.de in Anke Schlingemann's Blog | Feb 12, 2016
- 2004 - Germany, Luxembourg & FranceGermany was a strange choice, and it was when I purchased my first passport. Me, and my then partner David, had been invited to go with his cousin Rob, his wife Holly (who incidentally was the little girl in Supergran Posted by JosTravel2016 in Joanne's Travel | Feb 7, 2016
- Cologne[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Germany/|Germany photos]]
Experiencing the myriad wonders and novelty of a wintertime festive season was one of the constituent objectives of my six months in Europe. This revelati Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Feb 6, 2016
- Berlin Excitements
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
Our first day in Berlin is cold, wet an Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Jan 29, 2016
After a very long day of driving, I have arrived in Venice. And I'm actually updating this right away - go me!
Munich was an interesting experience. Lovely city, lots of history, good food, giant soccer stadium.. Unfortunately, my time Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Jan 26, 2016
So I am currently in Prague, where the wifi in our hotel is atrocious. I'm behind posting already and it's only been a week!
Berlin is a super cool city. We did a historical walking tour, which was very Posted by jennamiller in And So The Adventure Begins... | Jan 23, 2016
- NETHERLAND TRAVELLERS IN MUMBAI They had travelled from khajuraho to mumbai - it was lovely to have them ...pretty friendly ,polite and pretty adjustable
Wim n marcella both had good energy in Posted by sharingstay in BACKPACKERS HOTEL MUMBAI | Jan 20, 2016
- The BeginningFirst things first, welcome. This is the first time I've ever written something like this, so if you have any ideas of what a typical blog looks like, it's probably best to throw them out the window. This semester is Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Jan 18, 2016
- Week 24: Germany: Frankfurt/Freiburg/Würzburg/near GunzburgWeek 24: Germany: Frankfurt/Freiburg/Würzburg/near Gunzburg.
Friday 25th -Thursday 31st December
Fri25 Christmas Day
Well, it's Christmas Day but feels pretty much like any normal holiday day. Lazed about with no fixed plans which was lovely! I Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Jan 11, 2016
- Chapter 26: I Spy with my wenig augen..Our last full day, almost feeling back to normal, we travelled to the south of Berlin to explore the abandoned zone of the American Spy towers, or the Teufelsberg Towers.
It is not well known, but we both highly recommend Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Oct 6, 2015
- Week 23: Germany: Lübeck/Frankfurt (M)Week 23: Germany: Lübeck/Frankfurt (M)
Fri 18 - thurs 24 dec
8:30am Overslept, alarm didn't go off! But thankfully had a schedule with lots of room to move. Peter and Marianne arrived at 9 and we breakfasted and packed around them. I Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Dec 25, 2015
- Week 22: Germany: Berlin/Bremen/Oldenburg/LübeckWeek 22: Germany: Berlin/Bremen/Oldenburg/Lübeck
Fri 11 - Thursday 17 Dec
Up and packing, we wisely not spread our gear too far. I had expressed an interest in seeing some real art, so Jonathan encouraged me to go with Barbra to a Posted by Jaammpacked in Jaampacked intrepid journey | Dec 17, 2015
- Heading HomeOur European adventure is ending today...we're heading back home. Our stuff is packed, the apartment is cleaned, the paperwork is handed in to the Foreigners Office, and Taylor's students have their grades. I am very sad to be Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Dec 16, 2015
- Christmas Time is Here!It’s Christmas time in Europe! The MOST wonderful time of the year to be here, due in large part to the Christmas markets. I wrote about the markets in the Nuremberg post, but since then we’ve been to Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Dec 16, 2015
- Munich, November 2015On the train to Budapest, and finally got a few minutes to make some notes about our trip. I'm thinking that this time I will just post one post per place, as the daily posts that I did in Posted by heather.goodin in Goodin Family Adventures | Dec 8, 2015
- 2 Mannheimers and a ToddlerThe past few days have been really difficult. Mom had to go back home and now it’s just me, Taylor and Tessa here. Saying goodbye was much more difficult than I anticipated. I went with her to Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Dec 8, 2015
- Day 27: Munich to SalzburgAnother breakfast at Arthotel Munich! Just as good as the day before! I was not joking when I said that the breakfast there is something worth trying. Imagine tables of veggies, meats, fruits, cakes, juices, and the list goes on Posted by cedevault in Out of the Suitcase | Dec 4, 2015
- NurembergTo the best of my knowledge, I have always enjoyed turkey on Thanksgiving. I was born in January, so I assume I was eating solid foods by the time my first Thanksgiving rolled around 10 months later. That Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Dec 4, 2015
- Fall in GermanyWinter is fast approaching (how is that even possible?!) so I thought I would do a post on what Fall is like in Germany.
Most people probably associate Oktoberfest with Fall in Germany. It's a 16 day festival held in Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Dec 1, 2015
- Tag 23Da unser Flug erst am Nachmittag starten würde, hatten wir noch den Vormittag zur freien Verfügung. Ich hatte das Hotel so ausgesucht, dass wir gleich neben dem Mall of the Emirates wohnen würden. In diesem Shopping Zentrum ist auch die Posted by fegoeskiwi in FE goes KIWI | Nov 26, 2015
- Chapter 53: Stuttgart in a nutshellThese are the highlights of Stuttgart as many hours were spent realaxing/sleeping/de-toxing our livers.
Marc found us at the train station the next day and took great care of us, such as giving us delicious local beers from his well stocked Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 26, 2015
- Chapter 50: It's all in the timing...Our last day in Munich, Ariel found just enough space inside one of the tents for her, Kevin and Marc to squeeze in. HUZZAH!
We were even lucky enough to befriend the big group of uni students at the table. One Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 26, 2015
- Chapter 49: Our "day off" from OktoberfestWith Steve and Matt already gone, we decided that today was a good time to give our livers a break and check out another free walking tour with Marc. Was a beautiful day to learn more about the beer culture Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Nov 26, 2015