- Switzerland and the RhineOur program today included a walking tour of old historic Cologne including the wonderful Cathedral, one of the largest in Europe, followed by some beer and potato pancakes. Cologne was first settled by the Romans in 50 BC because Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 22, 2014
- Berlin, Germany Ok first something needs to be addressed. I am not travelling anymore. I am settled at my University in Hatfield, England. In fact I have been settled for so long that my room has had a chance to become Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Oct 22, 2014
- Berlin day oneYesterday was our first full day in Berlin. We went out for a long 5 hour walk to take in some of the main iconic sights in the city.
The first one we saw was the victory column:
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/704586/90_0481024694A199996C2A Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 22, 2014
- New city, new countryYesterday, I made my way from Copenhagen to Berlin. It was probably the shortest flight I have been on, we were in the air for about 45 mins.
I then waited aroun Posted by TravellingEm in Em Goes Travelling | Oct 21, 2014
- Passau Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 20, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineAfter a mid night departure, we arrived in Rudesheim Germany for morning tour of the village and a gondola ride to View the Riesling slopes of this famous area in Germany. After that we visited a local winery to Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 20, 2014
- Switzerland and the RhineToday we stopped at the German village of Speyer - a town of 50,000 inhabitants, which is one of Germany's oldest towns. The main highlight is the Cathedral, consecrated in 1024 and completed in 1111. It's the largest Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 20, 2014
- We arrived on shipYesterday we got a taxi from downtown Munich to the airport and met up with the Viking team who got us on board the bus to Passau. We enjoyed the scenery - green fields, dried corn stalks, distant rolling forests Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 19, 2014
- Last Day in BerlinOur morning technically started around 4:30 am when Justin got up to watch the Hawaii football game on the computer. I followed him out to the living room and passed out on the couch right away. He ended up falling Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 19, 2014
- Relaxing Day in BerlinWe had a pretty mellow day in Berlin today. We decided to get a late start to the day because we've been so busy the past couple of days. We woke up a little before noon and hung around the Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 18, 2014
- Ich bin ein Berliner I never thought that I would ever describe myself as being straight laced, but after visiting Berlin, I have never felt more so! Being tattoo-less, having a "normal" hair colour, dressing relatively "conservative", having no wild piercings or other loud Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Oct 18, 2014
- Not going to Passau today
Up at 630 and packed ready to go to Passau by train, we learned the train engineers Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 18, 2014
- The Berlin Wall: East Side GalleryToday was another day filled with fun and history in Berlin. We started the morning off waking up promptly at 10:00 before quickly getting dressed and heading out the door to meet Erik, one of Kaela's friends who is Kaela's Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 17, 2014
- KonstanzAutumn is in full swing in Switzerland/Germany/Austria. The leaves have turned and everything is beautiful shades of red and gold. I mentioned three countries because Lake Konstanz borders all three. In our last three days of staying in Konstanz we Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Oct 16, 2014
- Long Day in BerlinWe had an insanely long day today. We woke up to rain around 10:30 this morning and made some breakfast to wait out the rain. We made an egg scramble consisting of last nights leftover hamburger and some rice on Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 16, 2014
- Marienplatz[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435069/FAB6D338BC9CBFF17D3BFBFB37FFC5E5.jpg Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 16, 2014
- MunichApart from the hour it took to check our baggage and the hour it took to go through security the journey was good and we arrived safely in Munich.
We took the S Bahn to downtown passing scenery which could Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 16, 2014
- Travel Day: Rothenburg to BerlinWe started off our morning drive hours before the sun came up. I woke up on my own a few seconds before 3:00 am and heard the bell tower ring three times. I couldn't really go back to sleep Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 15, 2014
- Last Day in RothenburgToday was a much needed relaxing day in Rothenburg. Kaela started the morning off a little earlier than me because she got up at 9:00 to skype with her best friend Ali. After she finished talking with Ali, Kaela finally Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 14, 2014
- Travel Day: Augsburg to RothenburgWe started out today waking up just after 9:00. Immediately upon waking up we were excited because we knew it was time for the breakfast buffet! We threw on some clothes and went down the two floors to where the Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 13, 2014
- Travel Day: Reutte to AugsburgWe started our day off at our cute apartment just on the Austrian side of the German/Austrian border by getting up around 9:00 to finish packing and cleaning before our 2 hour drive to Augsburg, Germany. After we finished packing Posted by JK_Adventures in Justin and Kaela's Adventure | Oct 12, 2014
- Warsaw to Berlin - Tuesday, 16 September 2014Ritz Carlton
Bags out at 7.00 am today as they were being driven to Berlin in a van. We left the hotel at 9.00 am for the very short journey to the railway station.
Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 12, 2014
- Munich Miracle & Romania Wrap-up==What happens when you are in a large airport and lose your vest that contains your credit cards, debit card, and $1000 in cash?== We figured it was a goner. Here’s what happened: When we passed through Munich on our Posted by buniconk in Conklin's Europe Trip - Autumn 2014 | Oct 12, 2014
- Berlin - Wednesday, 17 September 2014Ritz Carlton, Berlin - Room 947
What a great day we've had! It all started with breakfast. This hotel has the best breakfast I have ever had, anywhere. First off, in the fresh fruit section they had passionfruit. Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 12, 2014
- Berlin - Thursday, 18 September 2014Had a couple of reds with dinner so am having trouble typing tonight. It's funny how white wine doesn't affect me, but red wine does!
We had a little sleep in this morning and a leisurely breakfast and met our Posted by gaddingabout in Russian Rv Cruise; Baltic States; Greece | Oct 11, 2014