- Birthday on Emerald Star What a wonderful birthday. Sad not being with the kids but if you cant be home the Emerald Star is the place to be.
When we got back from the day trip out, there were 2 towels made into Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Miltenberg Germany Day 8After all the dancing last night we had a later breakfast. Thankyou to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. Spent the afternoon in Miltenberg doing a walking tour. Another very nice town with buildings dating back to Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Rhine Gorge to Rudesheim Germany Day 7Wake up at 6am to watch going through the most beautiful Rhein Gorge. So many castles the scenery was amazing as we passed each town. We passed a quarry which still works where they used the rock after Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 19, 2015
- Cologne Germany Day 6Hi all,
A leisurely day today really. Later breakfast either light or full breakfast really hard to decide. Was so wonderful cruising along watching the towns, factories and feilds go by. Have only 2 locks so far will post how Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 17, 2015
- Amsterdam to Cologne day 5Early breakfat today and off on another cruise of Amsterdam. We saw things we hadnt seen earlier.
Breakfast was amazing then lunch and dinner. We walked 6 times around the track but will need to do alot more. Posted by Nors Stephens in Adventurous Four | Aug 16, 2015
- MunichWe arrived in Munich by train from Frankfurt. The highest speed we noticed the train going was 292km.
We caught a cab to our hotel as it's quite a bit from town. Once we were checked in we worked out Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 14, 2015
- 16 July 2015On my last day in Munich, Mark and I trekked out to Nymphemburg, the Bavarian royal family’s summer palace. After a long walk down a wrong turn, we posed for an "Oops!" photo before backtracking to the palace--which you can Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 12, 2015
- 15 July 2015The day started off with a beautifully laid-out breakfast with Mark and Laura.
A wonderful Bavarian breakfast: coffee and beer, weisswurst with sweet mustard (yum!), pickles, and a pretzel!
[img=https://farm1.staticflickr.com/426/19270438194_e1 Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 12, 2015
- Heidelberg (day 3)Today we had arranged a day trip to Heidelberg. A town saved from bombing in the war. This city is also very famous for its university. Many Nobel prizes have been associated with this university. The is a Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 12, 2015
- Frankfurt Day 1, when we arrived at our hotel at 7am it was lovely that 1) our room was available for early checkin and 2) we were offered an upgrade. This holiday is off to an amazing start. As hoped Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 11, 2015
- 26 July 2015The next morning, Sunday, I went with a few classmates and Saskia (a professor from Essen, Germany who taught a course at FHSU last summer) to the Stasi Museum and the DDR Museum (DDR = Soviet East Germany, known as Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015
- 25 July 2015The next day began with another stroll. On Museum Island, we went through a street market. At the entrance to the market, several of the cement blocks (holding up street lights or whatever) were graffiti'd (?) with quotations.
[img=https://farm1.static Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015
- 24 July 2015After an uneventful early-morning train journey on a very fast train...
...we arrived on Friday morning to the very pleasant discovery that our hotel was awesome! They let us check Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 10, 2015
- Let the holidays beginWe have arrived at Frankfurt after a very long flight, and the adventures are about to begin. We have found a shopping mall very close to our hotel which has free wifi and will try to get back here tomorrow Posted by Seanjo in 10th Wedding Anniversary Vacation | Aug 10, 2015
- 13 July 2015Arrived in Munich on time. I had no problems retrieving my luggage or finding the train station. Not too much trouble with the ticket machine (hey, the first one was broken, and I don't read the language!) and then got Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Aug 9, 2015
After months in Mexico City I ached for some movement. So when friends in Berlin confirmed my spot working in Fusion, I jumped at the chance.
Here's some of t Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Aug 7, 2015
- A few pictures of the Black Forest
The castle of Ludwig the First. Where his son lived whilst he built 'Disneyland' Neuschwanstein.
I'm a bit peev Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 7, 2015
- Nuremberg to The Black ForestFrom the previous entry, The Bridge of Spies
==Nuremberg to Munich==
Another early start on the road for a few hours to Rothenberg, a spectacular medieval town set within town walls. Th Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 6, 2015
- GermanyIt's 12am and we have just left the port of Wismar. The port put on an unexpected show for the cruise ship. We got the impression that they don't get many cruise ships and are trying to experience more of Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 4, 2015
- GermanyOn Sunday we arrived in Travemünde. We decided to start the day by taking the train to Lübeck. Due to its Brick Gothic architectural heritage, Lübeck's restored historic city centre became a UNCESCO World Heritage Site in 1987. Much o Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Aug 4, 2015
- Berlin[center]Berlin is a great city! It is really clean, easy to get around and has interesting history. We did a free walking tour that ended up being 5 hours instead of 3!
[img=http://photos. Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Aug 3, 2015
- Cologne to NuremburgCologne to Hamburg Wednesday
Stopped in Hamelin, a very pretty little town very much trading on the Pied Piper theme, but still functioning as a town for the inhabitants as the Germans refer to residents as. We enjoyed wandering Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Aug 2, 2015
- In Illuminati-founder Adam Weishaupt's hometown Ingolstadt[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingolstadt|Ingolstadt]] is famous for being the hometown of AUDI cars, and of SATURN Media Markt, and of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein", and of the Bavarian [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati|"Illuminati"]] order.
Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Feb 25, 2015
- On the Road AgainWell, we are off and touring again. Must say the couple of days on our own was a good break and we are ready to be organised again. The weather is not quite as nice, with a few Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 28, 2015
- FrankfurtThe day started well with messages from home. Well done Darcy and Finn!! Through to the next round of finals next Sunday. Well done families for supporting them in the chill. Sorry we weren’t there to cheer Posted by GLIB2011 in Escaping Winter 2015 | Jul 26, 2015