- "Is My Schnitzel Bigger?" - State FairEasy Breezy 9th of May,
A slight overcast "free day" to explore more of this bipolar Munchen city and soak in all of the beauty. Starting the day at the bright and early hour of...let's just say brunchtime. We decided Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 11, 2015
- Los Geht's!May 8th:
Itinerary for the day: waketh at the butt crack of dawn, or what seemed to be due to the mess of a travel day on the previous day, 10.5 hour tour scheduled in the Alps at Eagle's Nest, relax Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 9, 2015
- I Wanna Fly Like an Eagle"Oh man - I'm totes lime green jello" - N. Zarbano. Indeed chap. Indeed.
Come fly away. Come fly away. Come fly away with me.....that is until the most prompt nonstop mode of transportation to the airport (rail) decides Posted by adamfarr in EuroTrip 2015 | May 9, 2015
- Day 8 - An Immigrant's Song"We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.
The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!"
"Led Zeppelin Posted by Neileeann in Following in the Family Footsteps | May 19, 2015
- Dortmund, Unna, and EindhovenIn Dortmund we stayed with our special friend Marina (and we thank you for your hospitality Martina!) We took trains, went for a beautiful hike, met new people, and had a small group dinner around a raclette grill for the Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | May 5, 2015
- Hallo MapsterHallo Mapster Posted by larsvegas in mapster | May 4, 2015
- Love LocksOn our visit to Cologne, Germany in 2010, we put a lock on the Hohenzollernbrücke bridge over the Rhine. George found our lock nearly five years later and most of the paint has washed off.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/716572/koln_bridge_lock_20 Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 30, 2015
- Markthalle Berlin This was the first market I visited in Berlin and I was pleasantly surprised, it was a Saturday afternoon, and the old hall was filled with families and groups gathering to imbibe on a variety of local delicacies or Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Apr 25, 2015
- BerlinGuten tag, from Berlin!
After hostel life for the last few weeks, I needed a break from weird men in my bed and drunk people climbing onto the top bunk at 4am. I decided that I would book a hotel for Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Apr 19, 2015
- Ka Da We BerlinAfter travelling to Berlin on and off for the past 15 years I decided to record our ritual for every visit to Berlin. A visit to foodie Heaven, Ka Da We, (or Car dooVay as its known) I Posted by Bruco in Wine & Food Lifestyles of the world | Apr 19, 2015
- Neue Heimat Berlin Street food Paradisea conversation with 2 delightful German girls at another market in Berlin, MarketHalle, let me the following day to Neue Heimat nearby to Warschauer Strasse train station on Revaller Str 99.
A little daunting maybe is the location, and a Posted by Bruco in Wine & Food Lifestyles of the world | Apr 18, 2015
- The Untitled Kebab StandBerlin: the city of many wonderful and unforgettable adventures.
Berlin derives its uniqueness in diversity; something which has eluded many other well-established major European cities. As much as I would love to talk about Berlin and all its jo Posted by forkintheroad in The Fork in the Road | Apr 6, 2015
- Munich ===München===
Our last stop in Germany was Munich, where we would see in New Years Day. Unfortunately, the weather deteriorated to the point where we ended up staying a lot of the time in doors reading. We did manage Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Apr 3, 2015
- Nuremburg ===Nürnburg===
After leaving the picturesque Rothenburg ob der Tauber, we made the short trip across southern Germany to Nuremberg, a city famous for the rise and the fall of the Third Reich. Adolf Hitler chose the city as the setting Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Apr 3, 2015
- Christmas in Rothenburg ob der Tauber===The red fortress above the river Tauber===
We planned to spend Christmas in a small, quiet, fortified medieval Bavarian town known as Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Located on the Romantic Road in Southern Germany, Rothenburg ob der Tauber Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Mar 29, 2015
- Cologne===Köln, Deutschland===
After leaving Bruges, it was a relatively quick trip to our next stop - Cologne, Germany. Sitting on both sides of the Rhine, Cologne is famous for its Gothic Catholic cathedral - Kölner Dom, which greeted us as Posted by Tiki Touring in Tiki Touring | Mar 15, 2015
- A Weekend in GermanyIn high school my family had the privilege of hosting an exchange student from Germany for ten months. Over those ten months I learned what it meant to have a sister (also how to share because you know, only Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Mar 12, 2015
- Ich bin BerlinerWe departed Munich at 10:15pm aboard the night train to Berlin. It was a 10 hour ride spanning across the majority of the German countryside. I was able to sleep most of the way and woke up in Berlin at Posted by blakeabassett in European Quest | Mar 12, 2015
- Cycling adventures, a move to Frankfurt & more travellingWell it has been a good 10 months since our last update - whoops! We are officially terrible bloggers! We are going to catch you up in instalments, (or that is the plan anyway) This next post will take Posted by julesandjosh in Juli and Josh's European Adventure | Mar 10, 2015
- Munich and suchMunich was full of surprises. The first of which was the fact that Crow and I were going to arrive on separate trains and at different times in Munich. Waking up from a nap on our train after a two Posted by blakeabassett in European Quest | Mar 9, 2015
- Cocktails and BeersGot a little behind in January and February so here are the events from that month.
We had a little going away party for our friend Casey, who is moving to Alaska. Since we were seemingly always going to cocktail bars Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Feb 24, 2015
- The mysterious missing part of the Ebstorf World MapWelcome to the [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebstorf_Map|Ebstorf World Map]]
at the [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plassenburg|Plassenburg]] (source: wikipedia)
[img=ht Posted by LuxuryRogue in Gentleman Adventurer | Aug 21, 2014
- The fifth season beginsThe first leg of the journey to Cologne - a train to Hamburg - involves a short sea crossing where the entire train is loaded onto a ferry. The train passengers all have to disembark for the duration of the Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Feb 15, 2015
- West Europe (Munich)Munich is the capital and largest city of the German state of Bavaria, on the banks of River Isar north of the Bavarian Alps. Munich is the third largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hamburg, with a population of Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- West Europe (Berlin)Berlin is the capital of Germany, and one of the 16 states of Germany. With a population of 3.5 million people, Berlin is Germany's largest city. It is the second most populous city proper and the seventh most populous urban Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015