- Lorrach to TettnangHeaded into the Black Forest again, towards the Rhine Valley. Kept seeing cars with door card numbers like a targa rally – so guess we’re on the right roads! And we saw our first cows – knew there had to Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary Tour - The Sequel | Sep 9, 2016
- Day two, Hagen and MindenWe left Attendorn , Castle Schnellenberg at 10:00 the morning and drove two hours to see our friends Sabine and Mathias. We met Sabine and Mathias in 2013 when we were both on holiday in Beilstein , Germany along Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 9, 2016
- Munich & Fussen===Richer than Croesus===
We visited the Residenz which is Bavarian Ruler’s palace in Munich. Boy was it elaborate, ornate and EXPENSIVE! Here is a beautiful tiara and a gorgeous crown. Here also are some beautiful rooms with use tapestries, fabulous Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 9, 2016
- DAY 43 BERLINTHIS MORNING WE HAD OUR RTOUR PHOTO TAKEN AND THEN WENT UP THE TV TOWER. ENCLOSED 360 VIEW OF BERLIN ANDLIFT YOUR GAME DEARNE AS YOUR MOTHER EVEN WENT NEAR THE EDGE-BRIEFLY. THE3N WE DID A TOUR OF SOME OF Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 9, 2016
- Day 42 Hamburg to BerlinArrived in Berlin after a lovely walk this morning to the lake near our castle stay. Berlin is a modern city but has a good vibe. We visited the Holocaut Memorial which was hard to describe and my Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 8, 2016
- Munich... Such a Fun Place ===Marienplatz===
All tours of Munich start in the Marienplatz. You go there to see the Ratskeller (i.e. city hall) and if you arrive around 5 pm, you get to see the Glockenspeil. It is actually quite fun seeing the figures move. Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 8, 2016
- Day 41 Cologne to HamburgWe visited the city of Hamlin-Pied Piper of Hamlin Fame. There were lots of symbols relating to the fairy tale. Very quaint city and one. We would have liked to spend more time. On the bus to Hamburg Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 8, 2016
- September 8, day 1Well we arrived in one piece. Had a great 9 hour flight to Frankfurt, rented a car and drove 2 hours North to Attendorn, Germany. We are staying in a 15th Century Castle called Burg Schnellenberg? Posted by Horstmeyer in Austria, Germany 2016 | Sep 8, 2016
- StuttgartPretty quick trip up/over to Stuttgart from Munich, first test of “Le Brick” Peugeot 3008 on the autobahn……leaves a lot to be desired as a motorway vehicle at speed! Did however manage to get to 201kph – but that only Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary Tour - The Sequel | Sep 8, 2016
- Day 40 Frankfurt to CologneUp early today and headed of to the Rhine valley. went to a view point and saw great views of the valley and the grape vines. Then did a 1hr cruise which was lovely picture postcard everywhere you looked. Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 6, 2016
- Day 39 Paris to Frankfurt by plane (Lufthansa)Drizzling today and a lot cooler. First time with Lufthansa. Flight was good landed in Frankfurt about 12.30 and had to wait til 2.30 for Trafalgar pick up. we found an Asian place and has PAD THAI ! One plate Posted by megwiele in Grand Tour | Sep 6, 2016
- Check Point Charlie ==Check Point Charlie ==
This is the location of the famous border crossing into West Berlin. It is still manned today,
But only by actors.
===I think they are guarding the Macdonald's===
Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 5, 2016
- Gendarmenmarkt==Gendarmenmarkt is a square with 2 Churches & a Concert Hall ==
This square had a French Hugonot church and a German church. As you can see
There are many beautiful details on these churches.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/848744/DSCN022 Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 5, 2016
- Museum Island ==Museum Island ==
This small island in the river is worth a week long visit all by itself.
Here's the Berlin Cathedral
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/848744/DSCN0197.jp Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 5, 2016
- Neptune's Fountain by the City Hall As you can tell by now, I am really ENAMORED with statutes. Put one one a building or stick it in a fountain and l'm all over it with my camera.
Here is Neptune's Fountain in front of the Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 5, 2016
- Reichstag & Brandenburg Gate ==Here we are in front of the Reichstag==
There are such interesting sculptures above the pediment.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 5, 2016
- Hotel Splendid===Hotel Splendid===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8 Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 5, 2016
- MunichSo guess we haven’t changed much in the last 29 years?!!! Nils walked into the motel and we both recognised each other straight away!!! He’d flown in from Hamburg, staying the night and heading back Saturday morning. We had a Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary Tour - The Sequel | Sep 4, 2016
- Aachen I am here in Aachen and they have the most fun sculptures. Here are some pictures.
We also visited the town center where they had a craft’s market. That is the city hall.
In a more sober moment, we went Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 4, 2016
- Aachen grave site
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 4, 2016
- Aachen sculptures and City Hall
Posted by tedvanrossum in Ted's Big Adventure | Sep 4, 2016
- MunichThat really is a long flight – 2 hours to Sydney, 3.5hrs at the airport, 14hrs to Dubai, another 3.5 hours in the terminal then 7 hours to Munich = 30 hours of travelling. The only issue we had was Posted by EMTHOMSON in JT's 60th Anniversary Tour - The Sequel | Sep 1, 2016
- Day 14: A Summer Evening in CologneConsidering my late-night conversation and hang with new friends Wim and Sophie, Day 14 was perhaps my roughest-going morning of the trip. (I suppose I’m entitled one of those on a 2+ week European trip, right?) After waking up, I Posted by coolmcjazz in coolmcjourneys | Aug 16, 2016
- The beautiful Black Forrest Left Luxembourg to get away from the rain. Lovely beer and schnitzels! Lovely walks through the Forrest- 10k straight with no food- must carry more snacks! Even saw wild deer.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/843200/90_88A575E6030A19CA7489A958386FF Posted by philandleni in Our honeymoon | Aug 5, 2016
- International Indian Rally 2016From Metmenstetten, Switzerland to Munich, Germany is about 400kms so our riding for Sunday 24 July was mostly on the highways and autobahns of Switzerland, Lichtenstei Posted by lyndel.hebden in Indian Rally Germany 2016 | Aug 3, 2016