- Obersalzberg[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_9346.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/8 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 10, 2015
- Another town another wall[img= Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 7, 2015
- Rothenburg[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/831869/DSC_90 Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 6, 2015
- Rothenburg via RibeauvillleHeaded out at 8.30am today headed for Rothenburg in Germany. Celeste found a little town by the name of Ribeauville on the way. It was still in France. After a tour of the "Old Town" , as I was driving Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | Oct 4, 2015
- BerlinLots of fun. This a test. Posted by edwardvge in Edward's Travel Blog | Jun 29, 2016
- The Romantic StrasseThe Romantic Road is a series of cities, towns and villages along a 400 km route from Wurzburg to the Austrian border so it seemed convenient to check out a few of them. The architecture is mostly 12th or Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 27, 2016
- Heidelberg We swapped the Moselle for the Rhine again and then the Neckar, the valley where the last two meet is very industrial and shrouded in haze whilst we were there. But travelling up the Neckar, not to far, you Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 25, 2016
- Day 10: Munich, GermanyThere was nothing Steven wanted to do more on Father's Day than go see the castle upon which Walt Disney modeled the Sleeping Beauty castle, so that's what we did. Luckily it was raining the entire time and we had Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 21, 2016
- And the Moselle Is in flood!
We hadn't quite got to the point of going to the Pumice Museum to get out of the rain, here's one I used in the bath in 1976?? Rain will drive you to go anywhere for shelter.
The Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 19, 2016
- Day 9: Munich, GermanyToday's blog is going to be mainly pictures...it's exhausting doing all this, plus writing about it! We spent the majority of the day at the Deutsches Museum, which is about a 10 minute walk from our apartment. We got there Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 18, 2016
- Day 8: Munich, GermanySo, it turns out sleeping on a train in Europe isn't as comfortable as in China. At least, that was our experience. The beds were hard, the neighbors were noisy (a toddler next door repeatedly screamed "I'm not going to Posted by abbyyelton in Yelton Family's 2016 European Adventure | Jun 17, 2016
- The Rhein is in floodSo we moved not very far up river and checked out a few Rhein side Aires but the local councils were closing off car parks and roads near the river. Third time lucky at Urmitz we found a lovely riverside Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 17, 2016
- Leaving Holland into Germany We had a very nice day out in Delft including a lunch of an open egg and bacon sandwich with cheese, the boys were ecstatic about it and it was very nice for lunch. The city had an art festival Posted by cjpolley in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 17, 2016
- Day 1Met Jack and Mick at the Euro Tunnel at 6.30am, Mick had already been there for half an hour, the boy is keen!
333 miles from Calais to the hotel in Saarbrucken on french motorways with smooth tarmac and plenty of Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 12, 2016
- FussenNo, the heading does not mean we have been fussin' about!
Yesterday we had a quiet day, slept in then a leisurely breakfast. Later we went for a walk down to the remaining part of the old walls, and along the Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 10, 2016
- The FuggereiAnother no-train day today, so we had a sleep-in. Later we went to look at St Ulrich's church, a Lutheran church around the corner from us. Dating from 1457, it stands on a high point, and the steeple can be Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 8, 2016
- NordlingenOff again this morning, to repeat our attempt to reach Nordlingen - this time we were successful. Was it worth the effort? In a word, yes.
Nordlingen, current population about 24 000, is a walled city, one of only three in Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 7, 2016
- FrankfurtStill travelling with a 6 hour layover......sooo tired. Posted by pjandc in Travel is a wonderful thing | May 6, 2016
- BambergBack on the rails today - boy, what an early start, we had to be at the station to catch the 08:14 train!. Anyhow, we made it, and set off through the usual lush green countryside. Changed trains at Nuremberg, Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 6, 2016
- LocallyNo trains today. We gave ourselves a slow start to the day and then set off to visit the Augsburg botanical gardens. There was a fun run of some type going on, and they were sharing the same path we Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 5, 2016
- Adaptability is the keyCloudy but fine again this morning so we set off to visit Nordlingen, with a change of train at Donauworth. A thirty minute trip to Donauworth, with stops every three to four minutes. Amazing how many little villages they can Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 4, 2016
- Landsberg am LechKind weather again, a bit of cloud about but no rain where we were, although a heavy shower in Augsburg while we were gone, and a bit of thunder later.
Onto the fast train again, off the Landsberg am Lech (Landsberg Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 3, 2016
- Augsburg.This morning was cloudy with the odd sprinkle, this afternoon was just cloudy until after we returned home, when a storm passed through. We have been lucky, as parts of Bavaria south of us have been flooded, with loss of Posted by Fleetconcepts in Europe 2016 | Jun 2, 2016
- Europe- Germany We just landed in Berlin, Germany, the flight was from 6:15a - 12:15p so 6h. the price was C$357.49 .
we are going to the hotel and sleep today.
for the next three days we will
day 1- Berlin Wall
day 2- Posted by Mahnoork21 in My trip to three regions | Jun 2, 2016
- Week 3So Maddie and I have now been travelling for 3 and a half weeks!!! Crazy... It feels like we've only been here for a few days. But in reality I've already ticked 3 countries off my list. So last i Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Jun 1, 2016