- Skate marathon Heaps of walking today!
I went looking for a gym. This turned into a one-hour walk, as the first one didn't take casual visitors and I couldn't fund the second one.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049/90_67872021E743759D5317E6F28F3A938A.jp Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 26, 2015
- Selecting hostels when traveling solo
This is my first post ever. Nothing fancy. Nothing elaborate.
This summer I got a chance to go on my first ever solo trip. I have travelled places with friends and family. Bu Posted by shahaashka in Euro Trippin | Sep 26, 2015
- September 26: A tour in the Ahr valley and along the Rhine We did a full day road trip to the Ahr valley to see the hills full of grape vines, the scenic towns along the route and finally a boat ride across the Rhine. As we are nearing the end Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 26, 2015
- BerlinAfter a pleasant breakfast in a local bakery cafe, we started walking to the registration area for the marathon.
We decided to hire bikes through the bike share scheme.
This eventually worked and was quite effective.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 25, 2015
- BerlinOff to Berlin today, which required a visit to Stitzerland as our flight left from Basel.
It is 40 minutes via train to Basel, where we stored our bags & met Melissa, a former Melbourne-based (but Venezuelan-born) kiteboarding instructor.
We had a Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 24, 2015
- September 23, Beethoven's birthplaceIt was a cool and rainy day but we headed out to see Beethoven's birthplace in Bonn. His home is a museum and there is also a museum in Bonn that celebrates his life. In front of that museum is Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 24, 2015
- DAY 141 - Friday 18th September - Neuwied to Romantic Rhine Quite quiet on the banks of the River here and after hearing the rain stopping early doors i was hoping that we'd at least got some sun in today...and i woke up before 7am as there was light peaking on Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 24, 2015
- DAY 140 - Thursday 17th September - Dusseldorf to Cologne toSo being in an industrial estate i was expecting the noise of cars, vans and HGV lorries passing on by and so there it was, at 6am, and i could here an HGV lorry. Managed to head on back Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 24, 2015
- Black ForestA lazy start in drizzly weather, but we drove to the Black Forest to the highest waterfall in Germany.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670049/large_90_D3 Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 23, 2015
- Schloss BruehlYesterday we drove to the town of Bruehl which was situated between Cologne and Dusseldort. We took a guided tour of a castle that was built over 40 years during the Rocco period by an archbishop who controlled/ruled five Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 23, 2015
- Frieburg Last night (after yesterday's post), we went to the only gay bar in town.
Unlike Spain, it wasn't a late night and was pleasant.
Justin and I headed off for a skate this morning.
There are some excellent paths and we went around Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 22, 2015
- Travel Day Amsterdam to Berlin September 20 2015Joe got home at 4 a.m. I couldn’t sleep. My internet was done so I wasn’t able to get his texts and the last one said buses ran until 1 am and he would be home. Posted by Linda K in Europe 2015 | Sep 21, 2015
- DAY 133 - Thursday 10th September - Soltau to Hanover toWell that sleep was obviously needed as not only did we not wake up until after 8.00am but after a quick walk with Ellie we got back into bed and didn't stir again til gone 10am. The rain was Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 21, 2015
- GermanyWe headed to Gare du Lyon for our TGV train to Mulhouse.
Sebastian met us at the station and drove us to Freiburg where he lives.
He took us around the town which Posted by Adamtrumble in Europe 2015 | Sep 21, 2015
- September 21, Walking in the Hills Overlooking the RhineThere are 7 hills/ mountains that you see on the horozan when you are in Bonn. Today we drove to the foot of one hill to see the grounds that were once a thriving monastery. There were many buildings dating Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 21, 2015
- Chapter 21: In TransitBefore moving to our next location, we had the ultimate Amsterdam experience of renting bikes!
We survived despite the hectic traffic. Bells are a must in this city if you don't want to run down a tourist who usually uses the Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Sep 21, 2015
- September 20, A walk in a Park in BonnWe had a leisurely walk in a large park in Bonn. We are struck by how much land has been kept for green space in this area. The park was larger than Stanley park in Vancouver. There were many walking Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 20, 2015
- Photo gallery problemFor some reason my Germany photos are not showing up in order on the blog front page. The only way I have found to locate the pictures is to click on the right hand side under the four photos where Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 20, 2015
- Germany - Frankfurt, NurembergFrankfurt
Well as mentioned in my last blog, we have arrived in Germany. The plane trip was smooth and uneventful and both boys did exceptionally well at sleeping when they could and managing their jet lag. Better than us!
We arrived into Posted by tollidaytravels in Tolliday Travels | Sep 20, 2015
- Saturday, September 19, at the Neandertal museumWe took a drive on the autobahn in search of the Neanderthal museum. After an hour and a few wrong turns we arrived safely and took an hour to walk through the museum. The museum was built around the site Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 20, 2015
- Granny NannyI am relaxed. No housework or business to worry about. Just a few dishes, meals and laundry once a week and we all pitch in -I can take this. My experience so far in Mannheim is great! Posted by katie.lewis in 3 Mannheimers and a Baby | Sep 19, 2015
- SiegburgThis morning the weather finally broke so we headed out for a walk around Siegburg the home of the famous composer Engelbert Humperdinck. [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/573678/CB179E8709B66B1579A748FA0D77545C.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 18, 2015
- A great example of sharing
A close up of the book sharing box Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 17, 2015
- The tripThis was the first time that we flew with Condor airlines. Happily, the plane left on time Monday evening and arrived early in Frankfurt Tuesday afternoon. The flight was pretty good, the food was tasty and we were pretty comfortable. Posted by gailmb in Germany 2015 | Sep 16, 2015
- DAY 132 - Wednesday 9th September - Lubeck to Jork toIt's cold of a morning these days when waking up so instead of sleeping in I'm up before 7am which makes us on the move by 7.45am. If it's not the heat waking you up it's the cold and I Posted by emmabrown1014 in Emma & Ellie's European Adventures | Sep 14, 2015