- Eins, zwei, drei, PROST!After a rousing listen to the national anthem, one we hear frequently during the Olympics, we snuggled in for a long bus ride from the Rhine Valley to Munich in the heart of Bavaria.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/68858/DD0C1C442219AC6817287D Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 9, 2014
- Berlin BerlinBack here again, in Berlin! And it was Céline's first flight!
The first thing i must say that this is pretty hilarious! A singaporean restaurant with singaporean food. Ch Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- Ein Prosit!So we had nothing to do on a Saturday, what other better way to spend it? Get drunk, GERMAN STYLE!
decided to head to Bad Canstatt for the frühlingsfest in search of nirvana, ha! But first the mandatory group shot before Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- Madam MoselTook a weekend road trip, to Mosel and Rhein!
Did a few stops before we finally arrived at Cochem! Saw the town of Zell and Bremm!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- BlauTook a day trip close by of Ulm to Blautopf!
Walked to our destination and saw a few amazing sights along the way!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/673674/large_15 Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- SendenSo, we went on a day trip to Senden, to see the medieval market!
Weather wasn't that pretty though, but the place was nice! :) Pretty touristy but we just wanted to see the show! :)
Not much to describe here, just Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- Spatz 3.0Welcome to the lovely city of Ulm! Back here for the 3rd time ;)
Where the church is the tallest,
and the rivers never ends.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6 Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- Sundays with FreundHello there!
Guess who's back?
And my poor jeans after 5 weeks of travel ):
Back Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- Day 5 As leaders we decided to make a stop at Dachau concentration camp enroute to Munich. Our tour manager thought this was possible too so we did. Very powerful and amazing experience. Personally it was a chance to pay homage to Posted by alitabrown in Europe 2014 | May 9, 2014
- The Hills Are Alive...!Today is Good Friday so nothing in Germany is open. However, the lady at the information stand told us Austria is going to be business as usual, so we decided to rent bikes and cycle through the alps to Austria. Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 19, 2014
- Bavarian Kings and Their ToysWe awoke to a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky, perfectly clear and sun shining. Today we're visiting the local castles, many thanks to Lem (that's Lap and Em for the uninitiated). As the day was so gorgeous Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 17, 2014
- Guten Tag GermanyThe concept of travelling via ground transportation to multiple countries in one day is something quite foreign to most North Americans. Take yesterday for example. In less than 12 hours we had been in Great Britain, Belgium and Posted by jonaway in It's Tuesday we must be in Amsterdam | May 7, 2014
- No Doorbells or Sleigh Bells, Yes Schnitzel With NoodlesWe got up to head to the station bright and early for our eight hour train journey to Füssen, Germany. As we were leaving the flat we realised our online digital tickets needed to be presented printed on an A4 Posted by katepluspat in Kate and Pat Blow the House Deposit | Apr 16, 2014
- Sausages!Over the last 2 days one of the things I've learnt is just how important sausages are in Germany! Our guide in Regensburg told us yesterday that most German people would eat more than 50 kilograms of sausages each year. Posted by lbaker in Ms. Baker's Trip | May 7, 2014
- An idea being born...Watching a documentation about travel photography in Madagaskar on telly right now, I'm thinking about how I got here...
I've been travelling on my own for years by now. Copenhagen, Istanbul, Edinburgh, to name those, which I travelled to alone so Posted by Augensternchen in Verena's Big Trip | May 5, 2014
- Cake and castles!One of the best things we've done so far has been afternoon tea with a German family in their home. We travelled around Wertheim by bus and were dropped off in small groups at people's homes. They had prepared a Posted by lbaker in Ms. Baker's Trip | May 4, 2014
- Berlin. Vibrant and cosmopolitan, Berlin, much to our surprise became one of the cities we enjoyed the most. A history lesson on every corner, five days was not enough time to cover this massive city.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/632527/IMG_0 Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | May 4, 2014
- New ThingsFriday, 2 May
Today I went with S and MJ to Neumuenster. It's a designer outlet mall about 2 hours of train and bus from Hamburg. I kind of regret going, because I really have no money for that kind of Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 4, 2014
- Day 2 - Franfurt layover and flying to CasablancaArrived everywhere safely though not with all of my belongings!
We had a long plane ride to Frankfurt in which we watched some movies including The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and Frozen! Played some Mario Party and slept a bit.
We Posted by AlexaArrianna in The Adventures of Alexa | May 3, 2014
- GermanyWe sailed into Germany and visited our first castle yesterday. We found out what it was like to live 500 years ago and I have got some great photos to show you when I get back. I also went for Posted by lbaker in Ms. Baker's Trip | May 2, 2014
- Kaffee und KuchenOne of my Dad's colleagues is German, and had a business trip to the refinery in Hamburg. Coincidentally, he was from Luebeck, and his sister lives in Hamburg! We got in touch and I was invited over to his sister's Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 1, 2014
- Germanys River and SeaAfter saying a reluctant goodbye to Bavaria we were back in the car headed north. After an overnight stay in Hannover we arrived at out next destination – St Peter Ording that is in northern Germany by the North Sea.
[center][img=http://photos.travelle Posted by AllisonP in leave of absence | Apr 30, 2014
- Filderstadt wieder!Yay!
Finally returning to Europe, after almost 1.5 years! Cant wait to visit my host family and see their new Golden Retriever!
Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | Apr 29, 2014
- Adios Tibet, hello Thailand!I just changed my booking and am now flying to Thailand instead of China/Tibet after Tokio. China is just too annoying to organize and I can't be bothered to fake-book hotels in Chinese cities I won't visit and lie about Posted by AndreaLed in Andrea's Trip Around the World | Apr 27, 2014
- Dresden, Nuremberg and BerlinWhen we last left you we had just started exploring the east side of Germany and were in Dresden. Incase you haven't heard of the city, it claims to have invented the tea bag, toothpaste, the wonder bra, the beer Posted by julesandjosh in Juli and Josh's European Adventure | Apr 27, 2014