- The Greek CrisisWe booked a trip with our friends Kevin and Andrea to go rock climbing in Crete. The first day we drove about 3 hours to the south side of the island. The drive was absolutely beautiful with mediterannean landscape and Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Apr 15, 2014
- Wonderful Greece. Part 1 – Ancient Athens days
Греция, с ней каждый встречался на школьных уроках по истории античности. Все мифы и легенды, олимпийский пантеон и троянские герои, Тесей и Геракл, Персей и Андромеда. Затем Греция могла Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Apr 4, 2014
- Choosing Destinations for an RTW[i]People often ask how I decided what countries to go to on my Round-the-World (RTW). Some countries were excluded because I had already traveled there. There are too many places to see without repeating where I had already been. But Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Dec 20, 2013
- The Heights and Delights of Meteora[center][/center]
I didn't have a travel guide for Greece and didn't even know how long I would stay. While in Albania, I had found an online map of Greece and perused it for Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Dec 11, 2013
- Seeking the Oracle in Delphi[center][/center]
[left]Delphi was a complete surprise. Yes, it is true that I was winging this entire section of my travels and I had not read any information in advance. I hadn Posted by jaytravels in The Foreigner | Dec 16, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: MykonosWhen I decided, "I'm on Mykonos, I should rent a scooter," I was picturing something like this: Me (about 15 pounds skinnier and a shade or two more tan) easily zipping along the scenic coastline, my air flowing gracefully in Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Feb 15, 2014
- 2011 D4 H & A WORLD CRUISE, XXXI - ATHENS & HOMEFINAL MORNING COFFEE WITH ROSE, VLADKA & CAROLIN...
EARLY MORNING VIEW OF PIREAUS... ATHENS PORT
AND MY FINAL VIEW Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 8, 2013
- All Roads Lead To…: AthensAthens, Greece is a city that needs no introduction.
However, in many ways, Athens was quite different than what I had imagined. Dirtier and more covered in graffiti. Although to tru Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Feb 2, 2014
- Island hopping in Gorgeous GreeceI finally find the time to update the blog! It has been so long since I could sit down to write our travels memoirs. The 7 week trip to Europe did not end in Spain but in Greece, our favorite Posted by Fiorela in Two Vagabonds and a Half | Dec 27, 2013
- 2010 G1 NCL - VENICE TO SOME GREEK ISLANDS==AROUND THE WORLD?==
===CAN YOU ACCIDENTALLY CRUISE AROUND THE WORLD?===
I TOOK MY FIRST CRUISE IN 2005. MIAMI TO LOS ANGELES - AND WAS HOOKED.
THREE OR FOUR CRUISES LATER, AND I REALISED THAT IF I WERE TO 'LINK' ALL THE CRUISES Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Jan 9, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: SantoriniSantorini Greece was our first port of call. I could not wait to see the stark white buildings against the bright blue of the sky and sea and to experience a Santorini sunset. So, despite the fact that we would Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Nov 25, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Final ThoughtsYou know how you feel when you wake up suddenly from a very vivid dream? It's like you are suspended somewhere between the dream and reality. You can feel your bed beneath you, the crisp sheets between your fingers, but Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 6, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 9Sunday:
The previous day had been fraught with missteps and this is our last day in Greece, so we decide to keep it low key. No hikes. No crowded towns. No steps. No death defying acts. We'd like to end the Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 5, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 8Saturday:
I wake up early again, a product of going to bed early and sleeping very soundly in the most comfortable bed on the planet. The moon is still visible in the sky and the world around me is quiet. I Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 4, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 7Friday:
The room is so dark and the bed is so comfortable that it is hard to wake up, but something inside my head tells me I have to see Santorini in the early morning light.
That something is right. Everything is Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 3, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 6Thursday:
We head to Santorini today. Santorini is the island that sparked my interest in Greece in the first place. I saw a photo once of a hillside covered with whit Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 2, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 5Wednesday:
Imagine a place so isolated that insurgents of the state are sent there for exile. Now, make that place so inviting that some of the exiles choose to settle Posted by vicki_h in . | Nov 1, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 4Tuesday:
We wake up to mo Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 31, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 3Monday:
We managed to get in bed so early the day before that we are wide awake before sunrise. Of course this means I must leap out of the bed and run down to watch the sunrise.
Unfortunately for Matt, this means Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 30, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 2Sunday:
We wake up to the same beautiful views and I realize that I am not in a dream. This place is real.
[img=http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2810/9991232644_9ca214 Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 29, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Day 1Saturday:
After sleeping like the dead for about 12 hours, we wake up to a beautiful sun-drenched morning on Milos. The sky is blue and the bay below stretches out befo Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 28, 2013
- Chania, Crete, GreeceFor our next port of call, we had a short stop on the island of Crete… I hadn’t booked a tour for this stop, and when I heard that there was a city bus from the port terminal into town, Posted by willettales in Europe Adventure 2013 | Oct 27, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Getting ThereMilos is for lovers.
No really. That’s the island’s tagline.
Although, after almost 30 hours without sleep, a bath, or a toothbrush, Matt and I are not exactly feeling amorous.
We are exhausted. But we are HERE. We are on Milos. Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 27, 2013
- Athens, GreeceOn October 9 we arrived in the port of Piraeus (Athens) early in the morning.
I d Posted by willettales in Europe Adventure 2013 | Oct 26, 2013
- My Big Fat Greek Vacation: Travel DayFriday:
It’s 9:15 a.m. in Athens and we have just crawled off a 9 hour flight that followed an 8 hour layover in Philly after a 2 hour flight from Knoxville. Our internal clocks are confused and we are bleary-eyed, wrinkled, Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 26, 2013