- Nafplion, GreeceEurope-Day 9
Day 9: April 28, 2015 - Nafplio, Greece
The second shore trip was to the city of Nafplio. It was the capital of Greece in the modern world, until early in the 19th century.
It is a beautiful port city, but Posted by John Gindro in Mediterranean Cruise April/May 2015 | May 8, 2015
- Katakolon, GreeceEurope-Day 8
Day 8: April 27, 2015- Katakolon, Greece
Our first shore excursion, and excited as it is our 1st Greecian visit.
Probably one of the best tours we have taken. The history here is tremendous!
One of the first things we saw Posted by John Gindro in Mediterranean Cruise April/May 2015 | May 7, 2015
- Mykonos and AthensMykonos
We arrived in Mykonos by ferry on Monday afternoon only to find another of our friends from Santorini. We just couldn't get away from each other! This girl was actually another Vancouverite, and it was great because not only Posted by geoffboulton in Eastern Europe | May 7, 2015
- More Greek islands==Naxos
We caught our ferry at 2 from Santorini and arrived at the island of Naxos in the late afternoon. We walked around the town, got some gelato on freshly made waffle cones (we actually watched our waffle cones being made), Posted by geoffboulton in Eastern Europe | May 3, 2015
- Day 2 - Athens Good Morning,
Today was a lazy hazy day as it is a National Holiday with protests and a strike closing most all transport and archilogical sights. We had been planning to go to the famous Acropolis Museum today but was Posted by TJRehor in Greece 2015 | May 1, 2015
- SantoriniWe got to Santorini on Monday night at around 1am after a long 7 hour ferry ride. We went to bed right away and made sure we got up in good time the next day to get some activities in. Posted by geoffboulton in Eastern Europe | May 1, 2015
- The Flight over...Here are a few pictures of our trip from Louisville, thru Dulles airport, Frankfurt and then to Athens...
I found my favorite pastry shop, flight attendants and softest airport seats all in Frankfort Germany....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by TJRehor in Greece 2015 | Apr 30, 2015
- Kos and RhodesKos
We got to the Greek island of Kos in the morning of April 16th and it was sure nice to get out of Turkey! We got a gyro right away and it just melted in our mouths compared to Posted by geoffboulton in Eastern Europe | Apr 29, 2015
- The Land of the Gods - Greece Part 2 - IosIos was our next stop and after an hour-ish ferry ride we stepped off the boat to an unexpected sleepy little island. We had heard that this was THE party island in the summer and were looking forward to Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Feb 10, 2015
- The Land of the Gods - Greece Part 1 - SantoriniAs long as I (Sean) can remember, I have had a fascination with Israel. I cannot for the life of me remember when it started or why, but I have always felt a need to visit. Combine that Posted by BlondeandCurly in Blonde&Curly Adventures | Feb 9, 2015
- Zakynthos Aug 2013 a day on the boat Posted by pointeast in Cool places and people | Feb 4, 2015
- Aegina and the temple of AphaiaOn the advice of the helpful travel agent at Blue and White Travel in Piraeus, I took off on one of the many ferries and cruise ships crowding Piraeus harbor in the morning.
As we left Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 27, 2014
- Acropolis nowYou have to do it, right? The Acropolis looms over Athens, popping up unexpectedly as you round a corner or on souvenir tea towels all over town. My plan was to get there early; very early. So Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 24, 2014
- Athens - downtownThat title has a double meaning that will probably be a thread through most of this part of my blog. My first day in Athens I decided to head downtown and look at the central market and the [[http://www.namuseum.gr/wellcome-en.html|Athens Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 24, 2014
- On to AthensMy travels to Athens from Bangkok were long, but not too unpleasant. I had an early afternoon return flight booked back to Bangkok from Chiang Mai. The timing of this flight was a function of my personal travel Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 23, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - LEMNOS, GreeceLast night would have been a perfect evening to go ashore but I had been invited for dinner with the Hotel Manager. La de Da.
Three couples who I have never spoken to before plus me and the officer.
All Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 13, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - KAVALA, GreeceToday we wake up close to an island .... Looking very spooky & quiet in the distance..
Actually - a peninsula, not an island but you need a boat to land & special permission is required to do that.
We Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 12, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - THESSALONIKI, Greece===ThessalonikA or ThessalonikI ? That is the question..===
The crew are happy to be arriving in ThessalonikI. Free Wi-Fi & cheap money transfer to the Philippines.
This is another of our alternate ports & to get here we had to pass Istanbul, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 12, 2014
- Athens[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/DSC_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Nov 11, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - KOSThe storm had abated & we were able to dock in Kos this time.
A pleasant enough place - with yet more ruins to look at.
As might be expected, ruins are a big feature of a Voyage Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Nov 2, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - RHODESThe bad weather seen in Santorini had been moving in our direction for a few days now & arrived overnight with a vengeance. 70 KMPH winds put a stop to our docking in Kos as scheduled. So it seems, Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Oct 31, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - SANTORINIMoving on to Santorini. I have been here before & so know what to expect.
And I was not disappointed. It did rain quite a lot but strangely when I was under cover.
Breakfast first - out on the terrace with Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Oct 29, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - SYROSOnly half an hour from the hotel to the ship docked at Pireaus & getting on board was a snap. I noticed the Swan-Hellenic cruise ship Minerva just leaving as I arrived. I will be on that ship in January. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Oct 29, 2014
- 2014 - AEGEAN ODYSSEY - ATHENSThis is a cruise with a UK company called Voyages to Antiquity aboard their one & only ship - the Aegean Odyssey
They don't only travel in the Aegean, but this cruise will cruise that sea & also the Black Sea.
It Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Oct 28, 2014
- Finally, it's Athens![b]Leaving Sarajevo just ahead of the snow.....yes, the forecast for the next two days was SNOW, which, apparently is quite normal for October........ we flew to Athens to end our trip with a few nice warm days before returning to Posted by Twink's blog in Britain and the Balkans | Oct 27, 2014