- OiaBreakfasted we set off on the bus for Oia. A wander around the cobbled streets again, looking in the shops again, more sightseeing and photographs of sights seen. It was baking and not a breath of a breeze as we Posted by mickyt in Cycladic hopping | Jun 26, 2015
- Fira visitAfter breakfast on our balcony we decided to turn right out of villa maria damigou and head towards Fira. The streets were packed as there were 2 x celestyal (their spelling, not mine) and 1 x Celebrity cruise ships in Posted by mickyt in Cycladic hopping | Jun 25, 2015
- It just keeps getting betterSo Jo and Mickules, the fleet footed flip flop festooned messenger to the Gods Mythos and Alpha, returned to their abode. When we first checked in we were advised we would be spending one night in room 2 and three Posted by mickyt in Cycladic hopping | Jun 25, 2015
- Days 5-8 NaxosUWe spent the next morning wandering around the Oldtown, particularly the castle area and looking at the Venetian museum. It seemed like the right thing to do when it was cloudy and quite windy. It turned out to Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jun 25, 2015
- Days 3-4 Athens to NaxosWe headed out again later in the hot afternoon to explore a bit more of Athens. After a late afternoon snack at a taverna, we walked through the National Gardens again to the original Olympic stadium.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/618128/larg Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jun 24, 2015
- Firostefani FlipflopathonAfter breakfast on our balcony at villa maria damigou, we set off for a walk up the coastal path along the edge of the caldera out of Firostefani. Kodak moment after kodak moment meant our progress was slow but it Posted by mickyt in Cycladic hopping | Jun 24, 2015
- Day 3 - AthensWe headed out later on Day 2 to the Acropolis Museum, a large very new building that was air-conditioned! The building houses all the sculptures, engravings and other art work from the various temples that have fallen off, been Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jun 17, 2015
- Day 2 - AthensI am sitting in the relative cool of our hotel on a scorching Athens afternoon as the rest of the family takes a siesta. We got up early and were lucky to find a nice bakery open at 6:30 Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jun 16, 2015
- Day 1 - AthensWe caught a bus from Canberra to Sydney International only to discover our first flight left from Sydney Domestic. Oh well, a short train trip later and some tedious queueing and we were checked in, with 2 hours to Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jun 15, 2015
- MykonosNo delay passing through Mykonos airport (only on hand luggage remember. Now who's daft eh?) and then the usual maniacal taxi ride through narrow streets to our hotel. Checked in by Maria who circled on a little map, the best Posted by mickyt in Cycladic hopping | Jun 14, 2015
- On our way....,Here we are on the final leg. We sadly left Plomari, ending our nights there with dinner out at our favourite restaurant, the Seven Seas. Absolutely beautiful food made by the owners mother. Though we did see him jump on Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | Jun 9, 2015
- Another sunny day (ok windy and a little cloudy)Here we are on the 2nd last full day of our stay in Plomari.
Yesterday, was a full day of touring around the other side which was well worth it. Our driver, George was sooo chatty and informative - Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | Jun 7, 2015
Thursday 4th Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 6, 2015
- Athens5th June 2015
Last full day of our trip, spent the day in Athens looking at the Acropolis, Acropolis museum and other sites in the city. The rain followed us again this time as we were heading up the Posted by cbrewster in Colin and Carols European Trip 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- Santorini3rd to 5th May 2015
A wonderful stop at Santorini, stayed at Cliff Side Suites in Firostefani which wss a beautiful place with unrestricted views. Everything is white, definitely need sunglasses on a sunny day.
We saw two great Posted by cbrewster in Colin and Carols European Trip 2015 | Jun 5, 2015
- We are back online.....how long who knowsWell here we are back on Lesvos. We are sitting here on the verandah of our villa drinking frozen daiquiris on a lovely day after a swim.Unfortunately the pool isnt heated so there is a chill factor when you first Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | Jun 4, 2015
- Santorini to Mykonos
Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 3, 2015
- Dubai, Athens & Santorini
We spent our Posted by AliDaz2015 in Europe 2015 | Jun 1, 2015
- Update from GoodysI you are reading this.....It means we have made it to civilisation and wifi.
We are currently in Rhodes in our villa with our own pool and some unseasonable drizzly weather, we are now enjoying beautiful sunny weather.
Getting here was Posted by dverras in Europe 2015 | May 29, 2015
- Nafplion, GreeceEurope-Day 9
Day 9: April 28, 2015 - Nafplio, Greece
The second shore trip was to the city of Nafplio. It was the capital of Greece in the modern world, until early in the 19th century.
It is a beautiful port city, but Posted by John Gindro in Mediterranean Cruise April/May 2015 | May 8, 2015
- Katakolon, GreeceEurope-Day 8
Day 8: April 27, 2015- Katakolon, Greece
Our first shore excursion, and excited as it is our 1st Greecian visit.
Probably one of the best tours we have taken. The history here is tremendous!
One of the first things we saw Posted by John Gindro in Mediterranean Cruise April/May 2015 | May 7, 2015
- Mykonos and AthensMykonos
We arrived in Mykonos by ferry on Monday afternoon only to find another of our friends from Santorini. We just couldn't get away from each other! This girl was actually another Vancouverite, and it was great because not only Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | May 7, 2015
- More Greek islands==Naxos
We caught our ferry at 2 from Santorini and arrived at the island of Naxos in the late afternoon. We walked around the town, got some gelato on freshly made waffle cones (we actually watched our waffle cones being made), Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | May 3, 2015
- Day 2 - Athens Good Morning,
Today was a lazy hazy day as it is a National Holiday with protests and a strike closing most all transport and archilogical sights. We had been planning to go to the famous Acropolis Museum today but was Posted by TJRehor in Greece 2015 | May 1, 2015
- SantoriniWe got to Santorini on Monday night at around 1am after a long 7 hour ferry ride. We went to bed right away and made sure we got up in good time the next day to get some activities in. Posted by geoffboulton in Europe | May 1, 2015