- Mykonos!Rise and shine! Today we were up before 5 to catch the ferry from Athens to Mykonos! After a short drive we were at the port, and boarded a massive ferry - they were huge! We found a table on Posted by lcadieux in The Cadieux's Europe Experience! | Sep 27, 2016
- City Walk, Cape Sunion & Taverna Night! Busy day full of activities in Athens today! We started the day off with a two and a half hour walking tour in the morning. We walked through Monastiraki square, where there were vendors with fresh fruit already Posted by lcadieux in The Cadieux's Europe Experience! | Sep 26, 2016
- Attica Acropolis!First full day in Athens! Our feet are dusty, we are a little sweaty, but we are all smiles! We took the metro to one of the most popular sites here in the capital of Greece - the Acropolis! We Posted by lcadieux in The Cadieux's Europe Experience! | Sep 24, 2016
- Arrival in Athens!Today we were up bright and early to head to the airport to catch our flight to Athens! We didn't have any trouble catching the tram and train to get there, which only cost us 9 euros. We checked our Posted by lcadieux in The Cadieux's Europe Experience! | Sep 23, 2016
- Short Break on the Mani Peninsula
'A ship is safe in the harbour - but that's not what ships are built for. - Gael Attal'
Having found some reasonable flights to Kalamata, we decided to travel down the Mani Peninsula a part of Greece we had not Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 20, 2016
- SounioIl vento alza la sabbia sul tempio, entra nelle porte senza stipiti e rimbalza sul tridente di Nettuno, che calma il mare verde. Alla sera, le tovaglie di carta si riempiono d'aria calda, come vele di barche che hanno lasciato Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 12, 2016
- Kokkino e MarkopouloChi passa attraverso le montagne raccoglie il sapore dell'uva e dei fichi, riparandosi dal mare che abbraccia tutte le sue isole figlie.
Le olive nere col nocciolo spesso si mescolano al vino caldo dell'estate che finisce. Le donne ballano danze Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 11, 2016
- Epidauro e PorosSi ripete costante la passeggiata del mare sulla spiaggia, che ritorna e si allontana. La finestra incornicia le navi attraccate al porto modesto, dove i gatti ammaliano i turisti per una lisca di pesce. Risuona il loro miagolio al centro Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 10, 2016
- SpetsesLe terrazze di Nafplio si inseguono verticalmente e l'ultima, la piú alta, ha guardiani felini. Il mare é calmo e stanco, si adagia piano sul porto bianco di luce fredda della mattina.
I barcaioli aspettano l'onda favorevole, del mare e dei Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 9, 2016
- MesseniaLe strade nascoste sono coperte di zolle rosse e sconnesse. La tempesta ha zittito la città in festa, che solo nel pomeriggio si risveglia dallo sconforto e riprende a vendere fichi d'india ai turisti. La Messenia é appesantita da una Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 8, 2016
- Nafplio, Dimitsana e OlimpiaIl castello si aggrappa sulla montagna spiovente sul mare, dove i cani randagi cercano rifugio dalle nuvole sparse. Il vento sferza sulle vele delle navi del porto.
La strada che attraversa il corpo vecchio del peloponneso conserva minuscole case per Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 7, 2016
- CorinziaPiove in Corinzia, acqua densa e sonora che lava le strade dalla polvere dei campi di ulivi. I gatti cercano cibo nei ristoranti dietro ai bar delle spiagge. La pioggia smussa gli angoli delle rovine di Corinto, Micene e Argo. Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 6, 2016
- AteneLa polvere si arrampica sui piedi e si nasconde in mezzo ai sandali, tra le dita. Sulla cima del monte tutto é bianco sparso, fino a dove finisce il tramonto pallido. Le fronde degli alberi toccano il suolo e Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 6, 2016
- CorfúI gatti minuscoli si infilano nelle edicole votive, piccole casette in miniatura ai lati delle strade. L'acqua é colma di pesci piccoli che sbocconcellano i piedi dei turisti. Corfú é un'isola e i bus la attraversano a nuoto.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 6, 2016
- AndataI gatti si affollano sull'aereo. Il pilota dice 'out' ma i gatti sono minuti e si nascondono sotto ai sedili. Portano del pane e del vino dolce, 'della casa' dice l'hostess.
Posted by Lachesi in Grecia | Sep 3, 2016
- Update of the year!!==Greece again==
After enjoying months of the Greek sun in 2015 we couldn't resist doing it again in 2016.
Not much to say other than it is amazing!!!!
This update comes from the second night we have slept on land since Posted by stomich in Can Kiwis Fly? | Sep 2, 2016
- Sea day 3Sea day. A huge sleep in. Clocks went back an hour. Gav has the runs and a headache. I had awful school nightmares. Did the usual sea day stuff. Tonight we had a great night as there was a Beatles Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- CreteCrete. We got into Souda port early and caught a shuttle bus into Chania. Chania has a pretty little 'port' and lots and lots of touristy shops including many leather shops. We (the siblings and spouses) had a coffee at Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- AthensManaged to get a ticket on the same HOHO bus that Garry and Barb's mob were on. We essentially got it to go from Piraeus to the Acropolis which we did. There wasn't lots to see on the way. Athen Posted by YolandeElliott in Gav's and Yolande's Excellent Adventure | Aug 19, 2016
- Amazing AndrosWe were very fortunate to be offered the use of a house and vehicle on Andros in Greece for nine days immediately after our time on Santorini. Andros is one of the 220 islands in the Cyclades Group in the Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 15, 2016
- Party Time in Santorini🎉Megan's 50th Birthday
Megan & Doug Anderson, Lyn & Russell Frisby, Hamish Anderson & Sarah Ferguson, Rebecca Anderson, Trish & Graeme Burborough Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 10, 2016
- Châtel to Santorini The roles were reversed on the morning of the 8th of June, with Steve and Jo taking us to catch the train to Geneva airport from Aigle. We said our farewells to Steve and Jo, and Blaze and Oscar, however Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 7, 2016
- We're all going on a... summer holiday!Now I must first start by apologising to my avid readers. Those of you who have been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for the next instalment, dying to know whats been going on. I hope I haven’t Posted by ScottGosling in Those Who Wander | Jul 7, 2016
- Sylvester and GoatyMcGoatface - the characters of CreteIt was time for a redo of the Crete trip. Since we didn't really get to see much the first time around (except of course the inside of a hospital) we booked tickets to Crete for May. This time we Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Jul 1, 2016
- My Helenistic AdventureI knew going in that there would be little time for myself during this trip. There are 2 main priorities for this type of education tour for kids : 1. Teach them something. 2. Tire them out. Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Jun 25, 2016