- Day 3: Time change, Politics, and OuzNO!We lost the time change battle. We slept in after our 20 hours of no sleep on Day 2 and went for brunch at a great cafe a couple blocks away. I got Spanakopita for breakfast, which is a pastry Posted by empaustian in Directionally challenged, but never lost | Aug 24, 2015
- Santorini===Here's a few Santorini pics to test out the blog tools.===
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/750137/large_ Posted by Markobrien727 in My test blog | Jun 10, 2015
- Day 2: Selfie Sticks and Agorable MomentsI sat up wide awake at 4 am this morning, only to hear Will in the other room whisper, "Are you awake, too?" The time change basically permitted us 2-4 hour increments of sleep. We decided to give in to Posted by empaustian in Directionally challenged, but never lost | Aug 23, 2015
- Day 1: The longest flightWill and I arrived at the airport for our 1:55 pm to find out that it didn't leave until 4:55 pm, but we were excited to have extra time with the family!
We fought sleep and prepared ours Posted by empaustian in Directionally challenged, but never lost | Aug 23, 2015
- TilosTilos is about halfway between Rhodes and Kos - took me about 2.5 hours on the ferry with a quick stop in Halki. I chose it because I guessed I might need to just chill out and after Rhodes it Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Aug 22, 2015
- Sailing HolidaysOver the past few months we have been sailing around the Greek Islands...
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by travellinghoney in Can Kiwis Fly? | Aug 22, 2015
- Tasty legsAfter I'd savored the delights of Split I resumed my southerly direction along the number 8 road, heading towards Dubrovnik. It was another cloudless day, and the road continued hugging the coast, meandering up and down, in and out and Posted by Banana Spokes in Bears can ride bikes | Aug 20, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - the Photo AlbumMy photo album is ready!
Click [[https://goo.gl/photos/xudKnCQXb7bXFfH3A|Itstanbul to Athens]] and enjoy!
Off to Portugal on September 3rd. Stay Tuned Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Aug 10, 2015
- RhodesWhilst the hotel is good, the resort, Ixia, really is not my sort of place. It's a typical holiday resort lacking any character whatsoever. Just lines of large hotels and holiday villages, tavernas, bars and car rental places.
I tried to Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Aug 8, 2015
- Journey to Rhodes9 july. Drive from delphi to Piraeus. Slightly nervous about driving through Athens. By repute it's a dogs breakfast of a place for traffic, accidents and pollution. As it turns out the Yeti does a great job of getting me Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Aug 8, 2015
- Delphi7 July. The first two thirds of the drive from Corinth to Delphi is pretty boring. Mostly motorway and touching on the outskirts of Athens before turning North. However the last third of the journey provides some great scenery - Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Aug 8, 2015
- Corinth or KorinthDrove to Corinth after my visit to Mycenae. Hotel (Prime Isthmus) was a sh*thole but was handily placed - it is a three minute walk from a road bridge over the Corinth Canal. One look at the hotel pool helped Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Aug 7, 2015
- Epidaurus and MycenaeNaflpio (my base for two nights) is a bit of a retreat for those Athenians who have money - and despite all reports, from what I have seen, there are plenty of them.
It's in a great position, the harbour front Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Aug 7, 2015
- Mystra4 July
Mystra is apparently one of the most dramatic historic sites that the Peloponnese can offer –a glorious, airy place, hugging a very steep, 280m foothill of Taïyetos. Winding up the lushly vegetated hillside is a remarkably intact Byzantine town Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Aug 7, 2015
- Olympia and on to Mystra2 July. God it's bloody hot - temperature up a level from Italy.
Drive to Olympia introduced me to another variation in "how to drive on the continent"
First thing is the very strange speed limits. Driving at 100 kph then suddenly Posted by aireland in Mid Life Gap | Aug 7, 2015
- Athens...A City with Hidden CharmWe ferried back to Athens for the last few days of our trip and stayed at the Plaka Hotel. We found it to be very convenient for walking to nearby sites, shops, and restaurants.
The city was a Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Oct 27, 2014
- Setting Sail with Captain PanosWhile on Naxos, we spent a day sailing along the coast with Captain Panos. We could not have asked for a better day...the weather was perfect. What a dream-come-true to say we sailed around the Greek Isles.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6117 Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Oct 26, 2014
- Ahhh...NaxosFrom Santorini, we took the ferry to Naxos where we would spend the next few days. While Santorini was breathtakingly beautiful, Naxos just felt more relaxed and laid-back. I really enjoyed our time there.
We stayed at the Aeolis Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Oct 25, 2014
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyDisembarkation from Azamara Journey is among the best there is. We had a 9:00am pickup, so at 8:30am our group just walked off the ship. No announcements were made throughout the process, and our bags were waiting for Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Aug 2, 2015
- Greece[center]After Sorrento, we flew from Naples to Athens.
We spent a night in Athens before heading out on the ferry to Santorini. Santorini was one if the places I was most looking forward to because when mum and dad were Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Aug 1, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyOur final stop on this adventure is the quaint island of Hydra. There is one main town, known simply as "Hydra port" (pop. 1,900 in 2011). It consists of a crescent-shaped harbour, around which is centered a strand of Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 30, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyAnother day, another wonderful island! Today it's Mykonos.
Archaeological findings suggest the presence of the Neolithic tribe Kares on the island in 3000 BC, but the first real settlers seem to be the Ionians from Athens in the early 11th Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 28, 2015
- Cheap Holiday in Malia, Greece! Companion Needed Urgently!! Dear Prospective Buddies (lol!),
Further updates to below posting:
The confirmation of the hotel booking arrived, so it's a large studio self catering apartment, 2 separate double beds, so you are more than welcome to bring along another friend so we Posted by Alfie303 in Cheap Deal in Malia,Greece! 13-19 Aug'15 | Jul 27, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyToday we anchored off the coast of Santorini, Greece - one of my favorite places!
Santorini is essentially what remains after an enormous volcanic eruption that destroyed the earliest settlements on a formerly single island, and created the current geo Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 27, 2015
- One Greek island stop.....After two days at sea we were off the ship and onto land to visit Rhodes. This island, just off the coast of Turkey was once the home to one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Posted by jonaway in Way to Turkey | Jul 26, 2015