- Athens...A City with Hidden CharmWe ferried back to Athens for the last few days of our trip and stayed at the Plaka Hotel. We found it to be very convenient for walking to nearby sites, shops, and restaurants.
The city was a Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Oct 27, 2014
- Setting Sail with Captain PanosWhile on Naxos, we spent a day sailing along the coast with Captain Panos. We could not have asked for a better day...the weather was perfect. What a dream-come-true to say we sailed around the Greek Isles.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/6117 Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Oct 26, 2014
- Ahhh...NaxosFrom Santorini, we took the ferry to Naxos where we would spend the next few days. While Santorini was breathtakingly beautiful, Naxos just felt more relaxed and laid-back. I really enjoyed our time there.
We stayed at the Aeolis Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Oct 25, 2014
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyDisembarkation from Azamara Journey is among the best there is. We had a 9:00am pickup, so at 8:30am our group just walked off the ship. No announcements were made throughout the process, and our bags were waiting for Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Aug 2, 2015
- Greece[center]After Sorrento, we flew from Naples to Athens.
We spent a night in Athens before heading out on the ferry to Santorini. Santorini was one if the places I was most looking forward to because when mum and dad were Posted by ange.kay in Vägen till Sverige | Aug 1, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyOur final stop on this adventure is the quaint island of Hydra. There is one main town, known simply as "Hydra port" (pop. 1,900 in 2011). It consists of a crescent-shaped harbour, around which is centered a strand of Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 30, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyAnother day, another wonderful island! Today it's Mykonos.
Archaeological findings suggest the presence of the Neolithic tribe Kares on the island in 3000 BC, but the first real settlers seem to be the Ionians from Athens in the early 11th Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 28, 2015
- Cheap Holiday in Malia, Greece! Companion Needed Urgently!! Dear Prospective Buddies (lol!),
Further updates to below posting:
The confirmation of the hotel booking arrived, so it's a large studio self catering apartment, 2 separate double beds, so you are more than welcome to bring along another friend so we Posted by Alfie303 in Cheap Deal in Malia,Greece! 13-19 Aug'15 | Jul 27, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyToday we anchored off the coast of Santorini, Greece - one of my favorite places!
Santorini is essentially what remains after an enormous volcanic eruption that destroyed the earliest settlements on a formerly single island, and created the current geo Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 27, 2015
- One Greek island stop.....After two days at sea we were off the ship and onto land to visit Rhodes. This island, just off the coast of Turkey was once the home to one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Posted by jonaway in Way to Turkey | Jul 26, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyAfter a wonderful dinner with friends experiencing the French Buffet, we got underway and headed to Greece. We arrived bright and early at Skiothos, a wonderful island community of beaches and fun, whose church above the village was used Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 24, 2015
- Istanbul to Athens - Azamara JourneyAfter getting underway, we enjoyed a sunset on our Veranda and enjoyed a fine dinner at Prime C - the Steak House specialty restaurant. Bill had a wonderfully cooked filet and I had a perfect veal tenderloin. The Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 23, 2015
- We heart GreeceWe arrive in Athens with a "To Do" list consisting mainly of procuring visas for Central Asia where we have chosen to spend June - August. The weather should be hot and dry in the plains and much cooler at Posted by SpiceChronicles in The Spice Chronicles | Jul 18, 2015
- Day 28 - Delphi and GoodbyeOur final full day in Greece and we were in one of its most significant and spectacular places, though the scenery has been stunning almost everywhere. We visited the archeological museum in the morning, which housed the thousands of Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jul 14, 2015
- Day 27 - On to DelphiWe had a slight worry in the morning when the hotel demanded cash, we handed over most of our remaining, and then the local ATM was empty. Virtually all smaller businesses are now operating on cash only. We Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jul 13, 2015
- Day 26 - More Pelion RamblingPortaria itself is a nice place to explore. I headed out early for a walk in the cool morning air, with the local church service being broadcast across the village on loudspeakers. There are always picturesque fountains...
[img=http://photos.travelle Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jul 12, 2015
- Day 7 - Santorini back to AthensWe left our hotel at 6am, and got our ferry at 8am back to Athens. It was supposed to be a 6 hour journey, There were some problems with other boats and it changed our route, meaning we were on Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 12, 2015
- Day 6 - Santorini (by sea)Today was our second full day in Santorini, but to be honest it didn't start to well for me, Unfortunately our small, family run hotel must not have kept an eye on their produce, as I ate a bad piece Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 12, 2015
- Day 5 - Santorini (by land)Hello everyone!
Bruce and I haven't written for a few days as the wifi we thought we had kept disappearing. So now I will fill in the gaps...
We woke up on our first full day in Santorini and had breakfast at Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 12, 2015
- Day 25 - The Pelion TrainWe boarded the unique little Pelion train that did weekend runs from Ano Lechnia on the coast to Milies in the mountains. It is one of the narrowest rail gauges in the world, and winds its way impressively over Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jul 12, 2015
- Day 24 - Pelion PeninsulaThe Pelion Peninsula is dominated by the massive My Pelion and its range, whose steep slopes straddle from shore to shore . Many lovely villages cling to the steep hillside. We drove the narrow and extremely windy road Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jul 11, 2015
- Day 4 - Mykonos to SantoriniHello everybody! We are back online! It has taken us overnight to work out that this hotel has wifi...
Yesterday was a travel day between Mykonos and Santorini, so not particularly exciting. We spent a few more hours saying goodbye to Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 10, 2015
- Day 23 - Kalambaka to PortariaWe tried to beat the building heat and crowds by starting a bit earlier. One more tasty breakfast at our charming guesthouse, a quick pack, and we headed up Meteora to Roussanou nunnery.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/618128/large_201507091837 Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jul 9, 2015
- Day 22 - MeteoraThere are seven significant monasteries and nunneries perched on top of cliffs, and numerous smaller dwellings. We headed to the largest one located highest on the rocks, Grand Meteoro.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/618128/large_2015070819573 Posted by Lamb Ham in Lamb Ham's Greek Odyssey | Jul 8, 2015
- Day 3 - MykonosHello!
Today we got up to our first full buffet breakfast - and it was absolutely spectacular! 5 different types of bread, 3 plates of assorted pastries, biscuits, crepes, chcolate cake, greek salad, eggs 2 different ways, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, Posted by ainsleyhughes in Ainsley & Bruce's European Holiday! | Jul 8, 2015