- Poseidon adventure[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/403576/IMG_4110.jpg capt Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | May 19, 2013
- Acropolis Now[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/403576/IMG_3867.jpg capt Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | May 18, 2013
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/403576/IMG_3487.jpg caption=Acropolis with ugly s Posted by adtamo in The Wheary Travellers | May 17, 2013
- Update from Athens2 May 3013
We arrived in Greece on 30 April after a long drive from Tirana, Albania. A night in Ioannina, and then on the road to Athens. Greece celebrates May Day as a public holiday so it was Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | May 2, 2013
- Albania30 April 2013
Yesterday we made the surreal journey from Dubrovnik, Croatia - a beautiful city built on and around a palace from Roman times (1700 years ago) south along the Adriatic coast, through Montenegro, and into Albania. All countries Posted by Jaypee62 in Finally, Europe | Apr 30, 2013
- Greece, it doesn't suck! (in fact, it is AWESOME)This title is a facetious mantra often chanted after many amazing views, incredible ruins, beautiful flowers, delicious meals, and relaxing card games. Believe it or not, after saying, oh this is so beautiful/delicious/amazing....it gets a little old so w Posted by trackers in ¡Global Nada! | Apr 8, 2013
- Piraeus and AthensFriday, I wake at 5:30 to watch our sail into Piraeus. The harbor is the busiest we've seen so far, with ferries criss-crossing every few minutes. Lighting crashes continuously just off shore. We've been preceded into port by Serenade of Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 15, 2013
- Chios, GreeceWell, we've lost a full 50 hours. It's now Tuesday and at 6am, the med center calls to spring us from quarantine, in time for our Princess excursion to Pyrgi and Mesta. Typically, we prefer to bypass Princess excursions in Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 12, 2013
- Flora and faunaHere are some images from the Salt Marsh -
These marshes are home to flamingoes and there are many species of flowers in the area.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/462147/la Posted by Neil1983 in The salt marsh of Samos | Mar 7, 2013
- Island Paradise
How would you describe your perfect island retreat? Rugged and isolated? Beautiful and idyllic? Lively and exciting? This is the question we really had to ask ourselves as we crossed the Posted by remoteman in The Med and more | Feb 24, 2013
- Two Pairs-Two Different Days in Athens or Birds of a FeatherToday our group split up into two because of varied interests that people had. Hannah and my dad went off to enjoy an educational day full of history, while my mom and I set off to spend a day in Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 11, 2013
- Our Walkabout in Athens(Our photos got a bit mixed up the last few days -- sorry about that -- hope it wasn't too confusing.)
Walk, walk, walk. That’s what we did today, getting a real feel for Athens, its ruins and its local colour. Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 10, 2013
- Travelling to AthensToday was a travel day, but we didn't have to drive long. Because it was only a two hour drive to Athens we decided to take some stops along the way. One of them was the site we were going Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 7, 2013
- Last Day in Nafplio[float=left][/float]We went to visit the archaeological site of Tiryns today. Abby decided that she'd had her fill of ruins yesterday, and elected to relax at home in Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 7, 2013
- EpidaurusAbby and I awoke this morning to fresh treats from the local bakery. Mom and Dad had bought a variety of Greek goodies for us to sample. Opinions varied. The rather tasteless cookie-like rings covered in what seemed to be Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 5, 2013
- Soaking up the Sun in Napflio[float=left][/float]We are enjoying the warm embrace of Nafplio. Even though the locals are sporting down parkas, wool jackets and sweaters we are in shirt sleeves Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 4, 2013
- Starting the WeekendWhat does a Saturday in Greece (aka Greekland according to my youngest) look like? Well, let me tell you...it starts with a trip to the local weekly market, a long stretch of vegetable, fruit, fish, olive oil, honey and nut Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 4, 2013
- ΙΚΑΡΙΑ Posted by kitty6661987 in my tripssss | Feb 4, 2013
- Going to Greekland[float=left][/float]This morning our alarm went off at 2:30... unfortunately it was 2:30 AM. But we survived and by 3 we were driving out of Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 2, 2013
- It's all Greek to me. And it actually was.My brain is full. Proper full. Of useful information for once too. After going from Egypt with all its Pharonic history, to Athens with all of its Pagan and Hellenic history my brain is full. To be honest, it couldn’t Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Nov 26, 2012
- Greece 1995 - Skiathos & Skopelos[b]Skiathos and Skopelos are two islands in the Aegaen, north of Athens. We flew in for a week at the end of the season. The window shutters were being mounted, the restaurants were about to close and the number of Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Oct 7, 1995
- Greece 2001 (3) - SchinoussaThis is a small island of only 9.5 square km housing around 200 permanent inhabitants. It was a very quiet island when we arrived with few tourists on the beach and in the restaurants.
[map=278992 lat=36.862260602026865 lon=25.529440312988328 z Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Jul 25, 2001
- Greece 2001 (2) - Naxos[b]Naxos is the largest of the Cyclades islands and its 18,000 inhabitants make it the most populous as well. It has a varied geography with many fine beaches, high peaks, deep valleys, and is quite fertile compared to the other Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Jul 20, 2001
- Greece 2001 (1) - SantoriniIsland hopping in Greece is for all ages. We travelled with two children aged 4 and 6 who carried their own backpacks. It was a success.
As seasoned travellers and ambitious parents we wanted to introduce our boys to the noble Posted by Sandalsand in Sandalsand | Jul 17, 2001
- Creating our BlogNikos and Valentina.
Thats us, the crazy couple going overseas.
we are already preparing. soon we start.
Posted by Nikos-Valentina in Colourful Skies | Nov 2, 2012