- Our Greenland Adventure7th August (continued)
When we left you last we had just posted the blog. We then had some lunch in Longyearbyen and stopped off at the Svalbard Coop for a look around. It was such a surprise to see the variety Posted by shaneandnicola in Our big retirement trip | Aug 20, 2016
- Northern Lights MagicToday was the final full day in Greenland and it was every bit as magical as the previous days.
Our excursion for the day didn’t start until 13:00, so I decided to walk to the old military base side of Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 6, 2016
- Hiking the Ice CapAnother fun and eventful day – and the best day of the trip thus far!
After breakfast I spent some time relaxing and reading Life and Fate by Vasily Grossman before we ventured out on our excursion. Today’s Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 5, 2016
- Dog Sledding TrekToday started early with breakfast at the hotel, which consisted of bread and various toppings: cheese, jam, honey, Nutella, butter. I was disappointed that there was no selection of meat to go with the bread and cheese, but the Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 4, 2016
- Off to Greenland!Early wakeup call today so I could return to the Copenhagen airport for a 09:00 flight to Greenland! The four-hour flight was quick and uneventful; they served a rather delicious breakfast and were very generous with their beverage service. Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 4, 2016
==Ilulissat Saavat - Ilulissat Waterfront==
[ Posted by shanice.leader in My Virtual Travel Blog | Nov 12, 2015
- Last legSince Tasiilaq we have been in and out of fjords which bisect all of the coast that we have been along - going inland up the fjords seems to get away from the misty conditions at sea. We visited another Posted by Paul Tip in Iceland & Greenland 2015 | Sep 7, 2015
- CatchupWellther last week has passed by very quickly. we spent 4 days in Scoresby Sund, one extra day due a bit of weather out to sea - this is the Expedition site https://my.yb.tl/EYOSExpeditions/ - we were very lucky Posted by Paul Tip in Iceland & Greenland 2015 | Sep 1, 2015
- Scoresby Sundtoday we entered Scoresby Sund, ice, ice and icebergs and polar bears!
70 deg north, 23 deg west, temp 4C Posted by Paul Tip in Iceland & Greenland 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- Nuuk Day One
I arrive in Nuuk, Greenland and I check into my hotel. I am staying at the Hans Egede Hotel. This hotel is a 4 star and the largest hotel in Nuuk and is on the main street. To stay Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 27, 2015
- SOI Arctic Expedition - Day 13Today we woke up to another colorful town in Disco Bay called Ilulissat. We spent some time in town, mainly hiking on the outskirts. Unfortunately, we accidently followed the wrong path for our hike! We took much longer than expected, Posted by emily.v.walsh in Prospective Globetrotter | Aug 10, 2012
- SOI Arctic Expedition - Day 12So I found my Canada Goose vest in the library, but unfortunately no memory card. I'm slowly coming to terms that I may not find it at all, and I will never see the photos I took in Ottawa or Posted by emily.v.walsh in Prospective Globetrotter | Aug 9, 2012
- Qaqortoq, GreenlandGreetings from Almost North America!
Hello Everyone! Sorry again for the delay, the internet is really sketchy on this part of the cruise as we cross the Atlantic. We are almost to Halifax now, the last port! Can Posted by jaylee in Jaylee's World Tour 2011 | Sep 24, 2011
- GreenlandMy first stop was Greenland! i was very excited to get to come here. I had a great time. The capital of Greenland is Nuuk. The weather was very cold there and has a lot of iceburgs and ice flows. Posted by jazmyn in Our beautiful world | Aug 28, 2009
- GreenlandIt will all be explained in due course
Here's the Route:
Posted by daviddef in Defranceski's Travel's | Feb 3, 2007
I have been to Greenland in 1992 for 11 weeks and in 2005 for 4 weeks. Each time I travelled independently and worked it out Posted by ian-w in ian wright travels | Sep 24, 2006