- Lake Atitlan & Seymuc ChampneyAfter almost a week in Antigua, we leave the city for the relaxed, very chilled atmosphere of Lake Atitlan which is just as well as the journey in the crammed shutte was horrendous.
A very beautiful lake surrounded by 4 Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 29, 2015
- Antigua, Guatemala - helping at school Leaving the beaches of Nicaragua we spent 3 days testing out the beaches of El Salvador at El Tunco. Same warm sea, same hot temperature, same lovely sunsets, black sand rather than white sand but vibes not as nice as Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 22, 2015
- San Marcos and San PedroWe got up early and caught a Tuk Tuk (small cycle/car used exclusively as taxis in many Guatemalan cities) to the dock in Pana. It was a fun ride in the cool, early morning air. Drivers in Guatemala go as Posted by maxandnpr in Guatemala 2015 | Jan 9, 2015
- On to AtitlanAfter the Acatenango hike, we took naps and waited for Maeve to arrive from Panjachel. She did, around 2:30 just as promised. As the sun set, again we played Yatzee! and had drinks on our terraza. Then we set out Posted by maxandnpr in Guatemala 2015 | Jan 9, 2015
- Mi Gato Bebe Leche Pero No Come ArrozApologies for the long delay between posts - I hope this didn't spoil everyone's festivities. Last time we spoke I described San Pedro as one of my favourite places of the trip. Looking back, that may have been overstating it Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Jan 7, 2015
- Day Two and Three-ishHmmm… we haven’t been very good about keeping up as we go so I’ll do my best to do accurately recap.
After arriving in Antigua, we opted to hike Acatenango for our second day. We’d gone for a run Posted by maxandnpr in Guatemala 2015 | Jan 5, 2015
- Wait, am I still in Guatemala?Livingston is like no other place that I have visited in Guatemala. It is a bit of a mission to get to, but if you are feeling adventurous and don't mind getting down to the nitty gritty, it's well worth Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Jan 5, 2015
- Now that´s one sweet river...We didn't arrive at Rio Dulce until the early evening after the sun had already set, but even in the darkness, you could tell that this was a very sweet spot in Guatemala. The city of Rio Dulce is nothing Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Jan 5, 2015
- Time for TikalSurprise, surprise, this new adventure kicks off with yet another ridiculously long bus ride! Always trying to see the positives in life, I was counting my lucky stars that it wasn't another 5am start, the bus was not full and Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Jan 5, 2015
- It's Good to Get Away - Guate and Arriving in AntiguaThey like fireworks here.
I guess that's what you get when you decide to travel over New Year's Eve. All three of us left from Boston on Wednesday, December 31. Calley and Nick and just picked up two spankin' Posted by maxandnpr in Guatemala 2015 | Jan 1, 2015
- There's A Rat In My Bedroom, What Am I Gonna Do?The next place on my To Do list, and the first in Guatemala, was Rio Dulce, which was two boat trips away from Punta Gorda via Livingston.
I made a new friend in Livingston, whether I liked it or not, as Posted by LordGibil in The Littlest Hobo | Dec 24, 2014
- Semuc Champey Even though Rachael and I´s journey to Semuc Champey didn't get off to the best start, and when I say it didn't get off to the best start, it certainly doesn't mean anything other than it was a very early Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Dec 18, 2014
- Back to schoolAs most of you are well aware, there is definitely quite a significant lag in time from when I live my post, to when I get around to editing it, adding the photos, and finally posting it! Quick ironically though, Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Dec 16, 2014
- GuatemalaOur trip through Central America is now complete! You can see our final few stops below.
I’m starting to sound like a broken record with the phrase ‘we had a long day’, referring to Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Dec 12, 2014
After our six day jungle trek we weren't certain we needed to visit Tikal, but we were so glad we did.
[img=http://pho Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Jungle trek to Mayan ruins
A few buses and a relatively painless border hop later (except for the outrageous exit fee from Belize!), we arrived in Flores. This tiny little town is on a island in Lake Peten Itza, co Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Lake AtitlanWe finally gave in to the constant cries of "you have to go to Lago Atitlan" from all our fellow travellers and caught the shuttle to San Pedro La Laguna to check it out. With super cheap a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Caving by candlelight and swimming in turquoise jungle pools
This is one of those places everyone talks about but never seems to get much of a write up in the travel books. It was gorgeous.
We hopped a shuttle from Antigua and on arrival had ever Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Anzac Day in Guatemala
After our aborted attempt at San Salvador we decided to push through to Antigua, Guatemala to make it for Anzac Day. We got into Guatemala City late and grabbed a taxi across to where the Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Guat's up?!Antigua, what a beautiful place! Antigua is a small city in the central highlands of Guatemala. It is about an hours drive from the Guatemala City airport and is a very tourist (particularly backpacker) friendly town in Guatemala because it Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Dec 8, 2014
- Flores, Guatemala[center]
Yummmmmmm, street food
A picture that begged to be taken
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/larg Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Nov 20, 2012
- DAY 1After a 4:00am wake up, 3 hour plane to Houston, barely making it to the connection flight for another 2 hour flight to Guatemala and a hot 3.5 hour bus ride through the mountains we are all finally here. I've Posted by cboberick in Temple PT Trip to Guatemala | Aug 15, 2014
- WALKING ACROSS BORDERSWith a much shorter journey on our plate, we were able to sleep in a little, relax, drink the wonderful Guatemalan coffee and explore the island of Flores. We both woke shortly after seven and took our time having breakfast Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2014
- TIKAL ME ELMO......Greetings from Flores, Guatemala and our final stop before crossing into Belize tomorrow. We have had an incredibly long but rewarding day traveling and visiting Tikal, one of the largest archaeological sites and urban centers of the pre-Columbian Maya ci Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2014
- LIFE IN THE JUNGLEI am writing from the small marina at Rio Dulce over looking the river.
Our day started with a bang, literally. Well at least that was part of it. At about 4:30, the birds started in like a large Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2014