- WALKING ACROSS BORDERSWith a much shorter journey on our plate, we were able to sleep in a little, relax, drink the wonderful Guatemalan coffee and explore the island of Flores. We both woke shortly after seven and took our time having breakfast Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2014
- TIKAL ME ELMO......Greetings from Flores, Guatemala and our final stop before crossing into Belize tomorrow. We have had an incredibly long but rewarding day traveling and visiting Tikal, one of the largest archaeological sites and urban centers of the pre-Columbian Maya ci Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2014
- LIFE IN THE JUNGLEI am writing from the small marina at Rio Dulce over looking the river.
Our day started with a bang, literally. Well at least that was part of it. At about 4:30, the birds started in like a large Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2014
- GOATS IN A BOAT AND KILLER CAULIFLOUR We had both really wanted to see Lake Atitlan but really were not sure if we would have the time before getting here. After fitting in most of what we wanted to see here in Antigua we decide to investigate Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 12, 2014
- SWOLLEN FEET AND ROASTED GRAPESWe are actually not in the hotel we expected because it was full and we were moved just down the road. The rooms are pretty basic, without air conditioning, but clean. We do have a lovely sitting area just outside Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 11, 2014
- Arriving in Antigua, GuatemalaI am writing just to say that we are safe and happy at our hotel in Antigua, Guatemala. I will call our hotel “quaint” and will provide some pictures tomorrow. We arrived at about 11:30 pm (3.5 hours earlier Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 10, 2014
- Guatemala/Belize: Beautiful Jungles, Caves and WildcatsHey everybody!
If you're going to visit Belize/Guatemala anytime soon-- Check out our latest travel video!
This one highlights the 10 day trip to Guatemala and Belize including some of the most beautiful wildlife and places to visit in Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jan 25, 2014
- Buenas Cosas[center]
One of our main reasons for wanting to head back into Guatemala was for a chance to do some volunteer work. We'd f Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Mar 30, 2014
- Seven Days of Meditation===I have been blessed===with the opportunity to return to the Mystical Yoga Farm in the beautiful country of Guatemala once again. At 6 am the morning of my flight, fear crept up my stomach and strangled my throat. Regressing back Posted by nicolexplore in nicolexplore | Mar 20, 2014
- Guatemala CityHere is Fred’s first rant! (feel free to skip over this part). Out of all the tour groups from different countries that we have run across in the last 3-4 weeks, the most problematic have been the Italians. They don’t Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 11, 2014
- Pacaya Volcano We had a final dinner with most of our group last night. They all departed this morning for England, Australia, etc. When we booked our tour back in October we elected to stay an extra couple of days at the Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 11, 2014
- Antigua's Catedral de Santiago Woke up to loud booming in the night. First thought earthquake after seeing all the earthquake damaged buildings yesterday but the building wasn’t shaking. Then thought volcano after hearing the volcano was spewing lava last week but figured Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 9, 2014
- Antigua GuatemalaUp in the dark after a good night’s sleep only interrupted by a loud disagreement amongst the spider monkeys around 3 a.m. Into the van at 5:30 a.m. for a flight to Guatemala City and then a 45-minute drive Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 8, 2014
- Tikal GuatemalaSeems the pre canoe race events didn’t start until we’d been asleep for a while. Must be getting old.
San Ignacio is about ½ hour from the Guatemalan border. For some reason we changed vans at the Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 8, 2014
- GuatemalaAfter a 12 hour, cramped and terrifyingly beautiful shuttle ride from San Cristobal de Las Casas, we arrived in Panajachel to a beautiful sunset and twilight over Lago de Atitlán. Surrounded by silhouetted volcanoes and a quicksilver lake, the grime Posted by hawkers2013 in The Hawkers head south | Feb 8, 2014
- Taste of GuatemalaOn our journey through Central America we thought it would be a good idea to see the highlights of the whole continent rather than to see all the best from each country. Another our elimination method was to avoid high Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jan 17, 2014
- The Roundhouse on the Rio Dulce
After a short stay in Antigua on our way back from San Pedro we went north towards Livingston. In our search for a place to stay there Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Dec 10, 2013
- 'Jesús es el señor de San Pedro!'[center][/center]
After some time relaxing in Antigua, we headed west to San Pedro la Laguna, on the shores of the stunning volcanic crater lake Atitlan. It was formed when the vol Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Dec 10, 2013
- Getting all cultural in Antigua
This is a short picture-heavy post about our stay in Antigua, a beautiful colonial city in the Highlands of Guatemala where we ended up doing lots of cultural stuff - ooooh!
[img=http Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Nov 20, 2013
- ¿Tienes que vender las cabras?
From our cabin at the zoo in Belize we caught a public bus to the border and onwards to Flores, a small town that occupies an island in the middle of a lake in the northern Peten distric Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Nov 2, 2013
- Debating & Creating The NGO ListMost of you, readers of Jonathon Engels and patrons of [[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad]], are now very aware of the new project—[[http://www.thengolist.com|The NGO List]]—my wife Emma and I have begun. Even so, I thought Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Nov 1, 2013
- Jungle Trek to El MiradorHere is a post which I meant to post back in August, from Guatemala, but it actually took me more time that I thought...
[s]I am also planning to translate it in french soon so hang on there french readers![/s] [i](I Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Oct 31, 2013
- In the 'Nook versus Myths of Home[center]In Loving Memory of Bobby Fisher, The Not Goldfish[/center]
[float=left][/float]Every now and again, when people question my wife Emma about being homesick or missing this or th Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Oct 25, 2013
- Guatemala in Retrospect[float=left][/float]The last year and a half of living in Guatemala has been an unexpected bonus in my life. Somehow a three-month visit/art project turned into a series of delayed departures Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Oct 18, 2013
- Traveling with Purpose & Panache[center]Visit The NGO List, my new labor of love, built to connect international volunteers and grassroots NGOs from around the world:
[[http://www.thengolist.com| Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Oct 11, 2013