- Semuc Champey Even though Rachael and I´s journey to Semuc Champey didn't get off to the best start, and when I say it didn't get off to the best start, it certainly doesn't mean anything other than it was a very early Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Dec 18, 2014
- Back to schoolAs most of you are well aware, there is definitely quite a significant lag in time from when I live my post, to when I get around to editing it, adding the photos, and finally posting it! Quick ironically though, Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Dec 16, 2014
- GuatemalaOur trip through Central America is now complete! You can see our final few stops below.
I’m starting to sound like a broken record with the phrase ‘we had a long day’, referring to Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Dec 12, 2014
After our six day jungle trek we weren't certain we needed to visit Tikal, but we were so glad we did.
[img=http://pho Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Jungle trek to Mayan ruins
A few buses and a relatively painless border hop later (except for the outrageous exit fee from Belize!), we arrived in Flores. This tiny little town is on a island in Lake Peten Itza, co Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Lake AtitlanWe finally gave in to the constant cries of "you have to go to Lago Atitlan" from all our fellow travellers and caught the shuttle to San Pedro La Laguna to check it out. With super cheap a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Caving by candlelight and swimming in turquoise jungle pools
This is one of those places everyone talks about but never seems to get much of a write up in the travel books. It was gorgeous.
We hopped a shuttle from Antigua and on arrival had ever Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Anzac Day in Guatemala
After our aborted attempt at San Salvador we decided to push through to Antigua, Guatemala to make it for Anzac Day. We got into Guatemala City late and grabbed a taxi across to where the Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- Guat's up?!Antigua, what a beautiful place! Antigua is a small city in the central highlands of Guatemala. It is about an hours drive from the Guatemala City airport and is a very tourist (particularly backpacker) friendly town in Guatemala because it Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Dec 8, 2014
- Flores, Guatemala[center]
Yummmmmmm, street food
A picture that begged to be taken
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/larg Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Nov 20, 2012
- DAY 1After a 4:00am wake up, 3 hour plane to Houston, barely making it to the connection flight for another 2 hour flight to Guatemala and a hot 3.5 hour bus ride through the mountains we are all finally here. I've Posted by cboberick in Temple PT Trip to Guatemala | Aug 15, 2014
- WALKING ACROSS BORDERSWith a much shorter journey on our plate, we were able to sleep in a little, relax, drink the wonderful Guatemalan coffee and explore the island of Flores. We both woke shortly after seven and took our time having breakfast Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 15, 2014
- TIKAL ME ELMO......Greetings from Flores, Guatemala and our final stop before crossing into Belize tomorrow. We have had an incredibly long but rewarding day traveling and visiting Tikal, one of the largest archaeological sites and urban centers of the pre-Columbian Maya ci Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2014
- LIFE IN THE JUNGLEI am writing from the small marina at Rio Dulce over looking the river.
Our day started with a bang, literally. Well at least that was part of it. At about 4:30, the birds started in like a large Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 14, 2014
- GOATS IN A BOAT AND KILLER CAULIFLOUR We had both really wanted to see Lake Atitlan but really were not sure if we would have the time before getting here. After fitting in most of what we wanted to see here in Antigua we decide to investigate Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 12, 2014
- SWOLLEN FEET AND ROASTED GRAPESWe are actually not in the hotel we expected because it was full and we were moved just down the road. The rooms are pretty basic, without air conditioning, but clean. We do have a lovely sitting area just outside Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 11, 2014
- Arriving in Antigua, GuatemalaI am writing just to say that we are safe and happy at our hotel in Antigua, Guatemala. I will call our hotel “quaint” and will provide some pictures tomorrow. We arrived at about 11:30 pm (3.5 hours earlier Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Jul 10, 2014
- Guatemala/Belize: Beautiful Jungles, Caves and WildcatsHey everybody!
If you're going to visit Belize/Guatemala anytime soon-- Check out our latest travel video!
This one highlights the 10 day trip to Guatemala and Belize including some of the most beautiful wildlife and places to visit in Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jan 25, 2014
- Buenas Cosas[center]
One of our main reasons for wanting to head back into Guatemala was for a chance to do some volunteer work. We'd f Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Mar 30, 2014
- Seven Days of Meditation===I have been blessed===with the opportunity to return to the Mystical Yoga Farm in the beautiful country of Guatemala once again. At 6 am the morning of my flight, fear crept up my stomach and strangled my throat. Regressing back Posted by nicolexplore in nicolexplore | Mar 20, 2014
- Guatemala CityHere is Fred’s first rant! (feel free to skip over this part). Out of all the tour groups from different countries that we have run across in the last 3-4 weeks, the most problematic have been the Italians. They don’t Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 11, 2014
- Pacaya Volcano We had a final dinner with most of our group last night. They all departed this morning for England, Australia, etc. When we booked our tour back in October we elected to stay an extra couple of days at the Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 11, 2014
- Antigua's Catedral de Santiago Woke up to loud booming in the night. First thought earthquake after seeing all the earthquake damaged buildings yesterday but the building wasn’t shaking. Then thought volcano after hearing the volcano was spewing lava last week but figured Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 9, 2014
- Antigua GuatemalaUp in the dark after a good night’s sleep only interrupted by a loud disagreement amongst the spider monkeys around 3 a.m. Into the van at 5:30 a.m. for a flight to Guatemala City and then a 45-minute drive Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 8, 2014
- Tikal GuatemalaSeems the pre canoe race events didn’t start until we’d been asleep for a while. Must be getting old.
San Ignacio is about ½ hour from the Guatemalan border. For some reason we changed vans at the Posted by fredandgail in On the Road Again | Mar 8, 2014