Blog Entries tagged 'Hamburg'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Hamburg'
- The journey begins On a bus now from Frankfurt to Prague, with an hour's stopover a Mannheim.
I love that the scenery out the window has changed since March. Not just with regard to the place and climate and particular fauna, but Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 22, 2014
- Harburger DaysIt's 10.45pm and I'm sitting here at my desk for what seems like the last time. I'm 90% done with packing, all the rest of the stuff will be thrown into any small available space in half an hour. Tomorrow Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jul 20, 2014
- New ThingsFriday, 2 May
Today I went with S and MJ to Neumuenster. It's a designer outlet mall about 2 hours of train and bus from Hamburg. I kind of regret going, because I really have no money for that kind of Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 4, 2014
- Kaffee und KuchenOne of my Dad's colleagues is German, and had a business trip to the refinery in Hamburg. Coincidentally, he was from Luebeck, and his sister lives in Hamburg! We got in touch and I was invited over to his sister's Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | May 1, 2014
- Yet another summary I've been so busy, haven't had time to do any writing! This will be a summary of everything since then. Sorry I'm so lazy.
For reference, my normal school schedule (not including seminars) is Tuesday morning, wed morning, Thursday whole Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 24, 2014
- IBCToday I went to church for the first time in Hamburg! And only the second time since 23rd Feb : (
I'm so glad that I have a fellow Christian Y with me! She did all the online research, and Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 15, 2014
- Die lange Nacht Der MuseenI didn't know it was such a big deal at first, so I accidently missed the TUHH registration for this event. By the time I realised I really wanted to attend, the TUHH registration was full and I had to Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 15, 2014
- This Week in HarburgI haven't written anything in the past 2 weeks, mostly because I've been so frustrated at the lack of free internet in my dorm and in school. At this current moment (initial time of writing, I don't expect to finish Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Apr 11, 2014
- ExplorationIt's 9am and 1 degree out, and the morning mist stills shrouds the town.
Okay, well that was when I got here. It's now 12.07pm and the internet cafe meter is at 4.50 EUR, soon to be 5. Just spent so Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 6, 2014
- What Sophia forgot 1. Slippers (new and bought specifically for overseas)
2. Favourite pair of brown shoes
3. Detergent (not a big issue)
4. LAN cable (also not an issue, especially because my dorm hasn't even set the wifi up yet)
5. Bedsheets (would have taken up Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 4, 2014
- Day 1I'll start out by confessing that I got homesick two hours into the flight, and that I'm missing home like crazy right now. It's not just people, but also the familiarity and security of home.
The following is a long Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 2, 2014
- HamburgThe decision to come to Hamburg was motivated by cheap Ryanair flights.
We spent our time in Germany's second largest city doing some sightseeing, sheltering from the weather and preparing for the next part of the trip, Portugal!
[img=http://photo Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Sep 4, 2013
- Time to go![center][/center]It's raining men...hallelujah...yes, that is the spring in germany - really time to go!
Tomorrow i will take my flight to turkey, to the sun, to the triathlon european championships! And I am really excited what is going to happen over Posted by Michael Manske in Alanya 2013 | May 18, 2013
- Hamburg- miniatur-wunderland
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/452614/large_DSC_07 Posted by Love birds in Love Birds on the Road | Feb 27, 2013
- Winding up the EurotourSo much happens in such a short amount of time… Will try to keep you entertained as much as poss. I know Dre wanted bullet points so we may have to resort to that!
After escaping from the thugs in Ireland, Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Feb 20, 2013
==Town Hall (Rathaus)==
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/452614 Posted by Love birds in Love Birds on the Road | Jan 25, 2013
- Christmas Market in Germany
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Love birds in Love Birds on the Road | Jan 26, 2013
- Caution: Training in ProgressGermans love their trains like they love their 1500 different types of würst (sausage). Being what I would deem technologically minded, they have über nifty trains that snake across the land like long and skinny alien worms at speeds of Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Sep 8, 2011
- On the road to Berlin
'"Is this the party-bus to Berlin?!"'
- My words as I jumped into the mini-bus.
[i]We had all been awaiting this trip, anxiously and eagerly, and now it was finally happening. This was one of those trips that you start talking Posted by Beppe.Karlsson in Beppe Karlsson | Jun 20, 2011
For anyone who likes a good party with a LOT of people, the Hafengeburtstag is for you. What Hafengeburtstag is, is a big birthday party for the Harbor Posted by Solotravels in Discovering the world. | May 10, 2011
- Germany - A Tale of Beauty with the transformed BeastHamburg
In the Northwest of Germany, we find the second largest city nestled in a beautiful region, possessing two lakes, historic harbors, and a small island.
The weather was Posted by Ceci's Cre in Ceci's Creek | Apr 2, 2011