- First Travel DayThanks for the send-off breakie and drop-off Jan. All went perfect. My glasses went instant fog as soon as I stepped off the plane.
I am sitting in LaHamaca hostel writing this short update before retiring for the night. It's Posted by Gary Whitaker in Goin' Pro in Roatan | May 18, 2016
- UtilaAfter over a month in beautiful Guatemala, it was time to move on to Honduras, heading to the picturesque Caribbean island of Utila, part of the Bay Islands, to become certified scuba divers. Funny how you live in the Whitsundays Posted by TakeOnTheWorld in Central American Adventures | Apr 30, 2016
- Honduras Bonus: Utila and Roatan video
Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 22, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Last Day: Vomit Comet
As I sat on the deck of Brisa del Mar, rubbing K2’s ears in the morning breeze, I couldn’t believe it was time to leave. Our time on Little Cay and Roatan had been spectacular.
Ho Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 22, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 7: The Sloth is my Spirit Animal
It hadn’t been an easy night for me. I had blackened my toe running through the house to try to make it to the other bathroom so that I wouldn’t wake Matt up with all my vomiting. I w Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 21, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 6: Seeking Asylum
So far, the trip had been pretty lazy. We were both in the mood for a little more activity, so we had booked Vi Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 20, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 5: Oh, Buoy!
The weather on this trip had been flawless every single day, and we woke up to another perfectly sunny day.
Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 19, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 4: Ro-Ro-Roatan Gently by the SeaI couldn’t believe it was our last morning on Little Cay. It made my heart hurt.
[img=https://farm2.staticfl Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 18, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 3: Baby, Can You Pass the Deet?The same soft sounds tugged at our ears the next morning and we found ourselves awake before sunrise again.
Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 17, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 2: Paradise Island
We made it through the night without anything with more legs than us getting into the bed and without dying in a pool of our own sweat, so I considered the first night a success.
Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 16, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 1: Naked and Afraid.
Ways I can die in Honduras:
1. As Matt so thoughtfully pointed out, Honduras is the murder capital of the world.
2. There is a zipline on every mountain. Flying 200 feet above t Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 15, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise: IntroWhen you tell people you are going to Honduras, the response is always the same:
“Are you going on a mission trip?”
When you respond, “no,” the response is always the same:
“Then why are you going?”
When I told Matt I wanted Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 14, 2016
- Honduras Monday 11th April - Copan (Honduras)
We left very early (4am !) for the long drive to cross the boarder into Honduras,
It wasn't so much the distance it was more that we had to get through Guatemala City before the crazy Posted by Andy-Irene in Central America - March-April 2016 | Apr 11, 2016
- I walked behind a waterfall I can feel billions of mist particles crashing on my skin as I enter the proximity of the force. My bare feet walk on the moss-covered rocky surface. Holding on to the attached ropes Posted by stenivan in Wandering Sten | Nov 24, 2015
- Rainy but not so dull days on the Caribbean Island of RoatanThursday
Hooray, I wake up feeling much better today - I have slightly puffy cheeks and still have lovely Lurgy patterns but I'm feeling much more with it. I have a home made cheese sarnie for breakfast and diet 7up (I Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 3, 2015
- A few rotten poorly days in Honduras (I'm all better now) Monday
Up bright n breezy today before my alarm went off, got ready, made sure I was all packed, found the bank and headed to breakfast all before 8am! We had breakfast in the place next door to the hotel - Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 2, 2015
- One Jaguar, 18 Rabbits and lots of MacawsOne Jaguar:
At the Luna Jaguar Hotsprings the naturally hot water is too hot and steamy to sit in by itself so they have to run cold water from a spring along with the hot water into a bunch of different Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Feb 16, 2015
- Diving in the Bay Islands
2 days. 4 buses, 3 shuttles, a ferry and a border crossing later we arrived in Utila. Staying true to form I got seasick on the ferry over, so despite offers of free beers at a bar overloo Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- HondurasWe were a little bit apprehensive about travelling by bus from San José to Guatemala City in only four weeks. Thankfully we're on track and below you can see our progress so far. You can take flights but they’re incredibly Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Dec 4, 2014
- Dec 17 Arrival Santa Pedro SulaThe smell of burning wood and gasoline fill my nostrils as we arrive in the thick humid air of San Perdro Sula. Immigration was long and labourous after our flight which was a 1/2 hour late but met a great Posted by Shaddow in Honduras 2012 | Aug 31, 2014
- Das touristische HondurasDen touristischen Teil von Honduras haben wir in Copan entdeckt, einer Maya-Ruinenstätte.
Wir haben uns eigentlich drauf gefreut, aber der ganze Park war eher enttäuschend... Es sah aus, als hätte man die Ruinen und Pyramiden extra nur für Touristen aufg Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Jun 7, 2014
- Das wahre HondurasIhr Lieben,
Wie versprochen melde ich mich jetzt mit Geschichten aus Honduras, dem offiziell gefährlichsten Land Mittelamerikas, sogar noch vor El Salvador.
Inzwischen hat uns die Regenzeit eingeholt und die macht nicht so richtig viel Spaß, auch wenn s Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | May 30, 2014
- Off on another adventure!Hi all. Becky and I leave for Honduras several hours before the sun comes up on Saturday. Yes, the winter drove us insane, and yes, we are hoping the sun, sea and dolphins we play with will help Posted by palooza in Honduras | Apr 2, 2014
- HondurasNext stop was Honduras. There’s not a whole lot on the tourist trail that enticed us, so we were here solely for one reason – to learn to scuba dive and get our Open Water PADI certifications. We were headed Posted by hawkers2013 in The Hawkers head south | Feb 25, 2014
- Rainy days in Lago Yojoa
Trying to leave Belize and get to where we were going in Honduras turned into an epic mission (you can skip this para if you've already heard the story from us!) We turned up for the Ho Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Jan 12, 2014