- Honduras (again) ! And so it happened that the weary Nora, tinted red with dirt road dust, found herself on an afternoon bus to Tegucigalpa. Tegucigalpa, the violent capital of Honduras; a place to be avoided never mind arrive after dark without a Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Oct 14, 2013
- Utila, Vingt mille lieues sous les mers...AS I mentioned before my main aim by going to Honduras was to dive! Indeed all along the Caribbean coasts of Mexico and Belize, there is some amazing reef which I couldn't wait to explore in other ways than with Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Sep 21, 2013
- Copán RuinasAfter spending then a week in the wonderful and quiet environment of the lake Attitlán, I was happy and relaxed but was really looking forward to come back to civilisation. I had seen most of the places and things I Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 365 days | Sep 14, 2013
- Western HondurasDespite the political unrest and civil war that has plagued many of its countries, Central America has been a popular backpacker destination for a very long time. Hence there are pretty well worn backpacker routes down through Mexico, Belize and Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Sep 8, 2013
- HondurasI met dad in Antigua for lunch (so you can breath out now if you were worried about me....... jackie!) and after a little walking tour we joined the group for a salsa lesson. Dad brought moves to salsa that Posted by sp8j in Central America | Aug 3, 2013
- Honduras - Thrilla in Utila (or not)So we spent a very long time here - just under 4 months. It's kind of difficult to write a blog about it as in essence not a real lot went on, well not for me anyhow. We came for Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | Jul 22, 2013
- RoatanThe island of Roatan is part of Honduras but isn't really Honduras.
Getting there meant me saw real Honduras.
We traveled on public busses passing through green valleys, huge banana & pineapple plantations, stopping at bus stations that even has Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jun 30, 2013
- HondurasFrom Antigua we took a van across the border and into Honduras.
Our first stay was in Copan. A historically important area that has signs of people living there dating back to 1700 BC.
The main Mayan ruins in Copan Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jun 25, 2013
- San Pedro Sula, HondurasHere is the description of San Pedro Sula from the USA state government website:
“…crime and violence are serious problems throughout the country. Honduras has the highest murder rate in the world. San Pedro Sula is considered to be the world’s Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 14, 2013
- Utila, HondurasUtila is one of the Bay Islands off the coast of Honduras and is known for its PADI (party and dive in-between) certifications. It is a backpackers paradise as the certifications are relatively cheap and the diving is spectacular. Hands Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 11, 2013
- Copán Ruinas, HondurasHonduras has the highest murder rate in the world, and San Pedro Sula is considered the world’s most violent city… that being said, we survived our stay in Honduras without any problems. Luckily, the little town of Copan Ruinas is Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 9, 2013
- Copan RuinasDie Copan Ruinen sind nur 2 km von Copan Stadt entfernt. Der "Park" ist in zwei teile geteilt. Nach dem wir ein halbes vermögen gezahlt haben gehen wir zu dem hinteren teil. Dieser war nicht so spektakulär und nach einer Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Mar 21, 2013
- CopanWir kommen abends in der kleinen Stadt Copan an. Sie gefallt uns sofort! Irgend ein fest wird gerade gefeiert und die ganze Stadt lebt, laute Musik, massenhaft Leute (vor allem Kinder und Männern mit hüten und Gitarren), und der Geruch Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Mar 20, 2013
- RoatanDas hier wird jetzt eine lange Beschreibung von einer langen Busfahrt... ihr werdet euch bestimmt langweilen aber ich erkläre trotzdem die Fahrt damit ihr versteht dass man auch vom reisen Urlaub braucht.
Also am Sonntagmorgen stehen wir so gegen 06:00 a Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Mar 15, 2013
- Honduras the Loco tropical paradiseLe Ceiba, Hondur-ass! Worst place so far. Don't let the pretty coloured buildings and laughable electricity cables bundled in the hundreds lining the streets fool you.
Utila, Honduras - an island paradise with the 2nd best barrier reef in the world Posted by CSQUARED in The American Dream | Jan 21, 2013
- CholutecaWe crossed the entire country today, and it was not until we got to little Choluteca that I found another place besides the Bay Islands that I might like in Honduras. Unfair of me, though, as we did not stop Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Dec 3, 2012
- More Thoughts on HondurasWe leave Roatan tomorrow, and nerves are all a-jangle knowing we have a 2-day journey--no, rather three--to Nicaragua, with one stop in what seems like Central America's most dangerous city. Our bus will drop us in the Comoyaguella district of Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Dec 1, 2012
- Honduras to NicaraguaWe found the other entrance to the Parque Nacional la Tigra, and it had a much more civilized entrance road. It is a bosque nublado (cloud forest). We went on a 5k hike (Schipperkes too!) through a deep, Posted by ceastburn in Sunny and Cricket's Terruffic Adventure | Jan 6, 2013
- HondurasThe jury is still out on Honduras.
Asked yesterday afternoon, I would have used the 14-year-old's term, "sucks." That was as accurately and articulately as I could describe it.
However, that was based solely on the border crossing. Those "helpers" Posted by ceastburn in Sunny and Cricket's Terruffic Adventure | Jan 4, 2013
- AmericansEven before they say it I know what they're going to say and my hackles are already raised. And then they say it and I make my retort and they don't hear me but just the injury in my voice Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Nov 29, 2012
- Bay IslandsA wet day. The kind of wet that does not leave the air scrubbed clean because it is merely a prelude to more wet. We began the day submerged in the ocean. I've realized that I haven't found a way Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Nov 28, 2012
- WeaponSometimes I will be sitting somewhere, and I will see a large--but not exceptionally large--man walk by and my mind will stick on the idea that the body is a weapon. And the only thing that keeps the weapon (at Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Nov 27, 2012
- Fear at Night in HondurasLong day. Border crossings always are. We arrived in La Ceiba, Honduras, after dark and had a frightening experience with a cab driver. When we got into the cab we established the price was 25 lempiras, but he misunderstood where Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Nov 26, 2012
- Merry Christmas EveryoneHey team! Sorry its been so long since we have posted on our blog. It's been really busy lately and we haven't had much internet access in the last couple weeks. For all of you who are concerned about us, Posted by schonduras in Honduras Missions Trip | Dec 22, 2012
- Forever the OptimistHello, hello, hello!
We are back again for another update. First things first, I (Steven) am doing much better! Thank you for all of your prayers! The doctor in Cacao seemed to think I had an allergic reaction from something I Posted by schonduras in Honduras Missions Trip | Dec 2, 2012