- Rainy but not so dull days on the Caribbean Island of RoatanThursday
Hooray, I wake up feeling much better today - I have slightly puffy cheeks and still have lovely Lurgy patterns but I'm feeling much more with it. I have a home made cheese sarnie for breakfast and diet 7up (I Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 3, 2015
- A few rotten poorly days in Honduras (I'm all better now) Monday
Up bright n breezy today before my alarm went off, got ready, made sure I was all packed, found the bank and headed to breakfast all before 8am! We had breakfast in the place next door to the hotel - Posted by cazbatt in Caz's adventures | May 2, 2015
- One Jaguar, 18 Rabbits and lots of MacawsOne Jaguar:
At the Luna Jaguar Hotsprings the naturally hot water is too hot and steamy to sit in by itself so they have to run cold water from a spring along with the hot water into a bunch of different Posted by Salsa Sojourns in Salsa Sojourns | Feb 16, 2015
- Diving in the Bay Islands
2 days. 4 buses, 3 shuttles, a ferry and a border crossing later we arrived in Utila. Staying true to form I got seasick on the ferry over, so despite offers of free beers at a bar overloo Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Dec 10, 2014
- HondurasWe were a little bit apprehensive about travelling by bus from San José to Guatemala City in only four weeks. Thankfully we're on track and below you can see our progress so far. You can take flights but they’re incredibly Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Dec 4, 2014
- Dec 17 Arrival Santa Pedro SulaThe smell of burning wood and gasoline fill my nostrils as we arrive in the thick humid air of San Perdro Sula. Immigration was long and labourous after our flight which was a 1/2 hour late but met a great Posted by Shaddow in Honduras 2012 | Aug 31, 2014
- Das touristische HondurasDen touristischen Teil von Honduras haben wir in Copan entdeckt, einer Maya-Ruinenstätte.
Wir haben uns eigentlich drauf gefreut, aber der ganze Park war eher enttäuschend... Es sah aus, als hätte man die Ruinen und Pyramiden extra nur für Touristen aufg Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | Jun 7, 2014
- Das wahre HondurasIhr Lieben,
Wie versprochen melde ich mich jetzt mit Geschichten aus Honduras, dem offiziell gefährlichsten Land Mittelamerikas, sogar noch vor El Salvador.
Inzwischen hat uns die Regenzeit eingeholt und die macht nicht so richtig viel Spaß, auch wenn s Posted by Nala09 in Pura Vida - Tour | May 30, 2014
- Off on another adventure!Hi all. Becky and I leave for Honduras several hours before the sun comes up on Saturday. Yes, the winter drove us insane, and yes, we are hoping the sun, sea and dolphins we play with will help Posted by palooza in Honduras | Apr 2, 2014
- HondurasNext stop was Honduras. There’s not a whole lot on the tourist trail that enticed us, so we were here solely for one reason – to learn to scuba dive and get our Open Water PADI certifications. We were headed Posted by hawkers2013 in The Hawkers head south | Feb 25, 2014
- Rainy days in Lago Yojoa
Trying to leave Belize and get to where we were going in Honduras turned into an epic mission (you can skip this para if you've already heard the story from us!) We turned up for the Ho Posted by gadgetex in Juan Direction | Jan 12, 2014
- ROATAN ISLAND, HONDURAS
Roatan Island is the largest of the three islands in Honduras Bay, but it is still just 37 miles long and 5 miles at its widest point.
[img=http://photos.traveller Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 5 | Dec 30, 2013
- Honduras (again) ! And so it happened that the weary Nora, tinted red with dirt road dust, found herself on an afternoon bus to Tegucigalpa. Tegucigalpa, the violent capital of Honduras; a place to be avoided never mind arrive after dark without a Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Oct 14, 2013
- Utila, Vingt mille lieues sous les mers...AS I mentioned before my main aim by going to Honduras was to dive! Indeed all along the Caribbean coasts of Mexico and Belize, there is some amazing reef which I couldn't wait to explore in other ways than with Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Sep 21, 2013
- Copán RuinasAfter spending then a week in the wonderful and quiet environment of the lake Attitlán, I was happy and relaxed but was really looking forward to come back to civilisation. I had seen most of the places and things I Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Sep 14, 2013
- Western HondurasDespite the political unrest and civil war that has plagued many of its countries, Central America has been a popular backpacker destination for a very long time. Hence there are pretty well worn backpacker routes down through Mexico, Belize and Posted by noratheexplorer in Nora The Explorer | Sep 8, 2013
- HondurasI met dad in Antigua for lunch (so you can breath out now if you were worried about me....... jackie!) and after a little walking tour we joined the group for a salsa lesson. Dad brought moves to salsa that Posted by sp8j in Central America | Aug 3, 2013
- Honduras - Thrilla in Utila (or not)So we spent a very long time here - just under 4 months. It's kind of difficult to write a blog about it as in essence not a real lot went on, well not for me anyhow. We came for Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | Jul 22, 2013
- RoatanThe island of Roatan is part of Honduras but isn't really Honduras.
Getting there meant me saw real Honduras.
We traveled on public busses passing through green valleys, huge banana & pineapple plantations, stopping at bus stations that even has Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jun 30, 2013
- HondurasFrom Antigua we took a van across the border and into Honduras.
Our first stay was in Copan. A historically important area that has signs of people living there dating back to 1700 BC.
The main Mayan ruins in Copan Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jun 25, 2013
- San Pedro Sula, HondurasHere is the description of San Pedro Sula from the USA state government website:
“…crime and violence are serious problems throughout the country. Honduras has the highest murder rate in the world. San Pedro Sula is considered to be the world’s Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 14, 2013
- Utila, HondurasUtila is one of the Bay Islands off the coast of Honduras and is known for its PADI (party and dive in-between) certifications. It is a backpackers paradise as the certifications are relatively cheap and the diving is spectacular. Hands Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 11, 2013
- Copán Ruinas, HondurasHonduras has the highest murder rate in the world, and San Pedro Sula is considered the world’s most violent city… that being said, we survived our stay in Honduras without any problems. Luckily, the little town of Copan Ruinas is Posted by Robin-and-Kevin in Adventures of Kevin and Robin | May 9, 2013
- Copan RuinasDie Copan Ruinen sind nur 2 km von Copan Stadt entfernt. Der "Park" ist in zwei teile geteilt. Nach dem wir ein halbes vermögen gezahlt haben gehen wir zu dem hinteren teil. Dieser war nicht so spektakulär und nach einer Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Mar 21, 2013
- CopanWir kommen abends in der kleinen Stadt Copan an. Sie gefallt uns sofort! Irgend ein fest wird gerade gefeiert und die ganze Stadt lebt, laute Musik, massenhaft Leute (vor allem Kinder und Männern mit hüten und Gitarren), und der Geruch Posted by cobblestone in Cobblestone | Mar 20, 2013