- Alex breaks the looWe had a bit of a problem with our water throne this morning. The toilet cistern lid managed to slip through Alex’s fingers and upon collision with the floor instead of deciding to remain in one piece tried to Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 15, 2012
- Hong KongWell here I sit on the back deck on the ship as we are about to sail out of Hong Kong. It's a cool night and we have just finished watching the light show that happens each night at 8pm. Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 5, 2015
- Hong KongToday we met up with Robyn and Bob from Seattle who are doing the cruise with us. They caught the ferry from Hong Kong Island to Discovery Bay. From here we caught the bus to Tung Chung. From there we Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 4, 2015
- Hong Kong27.12.14-28.12.14
After an amazing send off party, we struggled to get up for our flight from Manchester to Hong Kong! Unfortunately, we weren't sat next to each other on the flight and the guy in front of Mike reclined his chair Posted by Mikeandsarah in Asia, Australia & Anywhere in between | Jan 4, 2015
- Hong KongFriday
After doing a bit of research (well Gary did the research) we decided to take a ferry to [[http://goo.gl/maps/Zh9QT|Peng Chau]] and do a walking tour that he had found in The Leisurely Hiker's Guide to Hong Kong (Pete Spurrier).
Traditi Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 3, 2015
- Hong KongFinally managed to get the bag packed at a reasonable hour, although I was a bit concerned as it zipped up easily which surely meant I had forgotten something of major importance. And then as happens when you are about Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Jan 1, 2015
- Day 5Checked out of hotel and went on a tour of Hong Kong
Rode on a small fishing boat in the harbour
We then went up the Sky 100 tower for an hour or so to see the view and get some cool Posted by kelly.mac in Huawei - China | Dec 12, 2014
- Starring in a flashmobAnd so it was that we reached our final destination of our time on the tour in China and indeed our last destination before heading off to South East Asia. The night was a fairly typical sleeper train journey Posted by rexontheroad in Rex on the Road | Nov 14, 2012
- Hong Kong - the longer postSo… we left on the 1st of December. Christophe from Brussels and Edda from Helsinki. We met at Stockholm Arlanda and took a flight from there to Hong Kong (via London). It was Edda’s first long flight (11h), but she Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 11, 2014
- Bodhi of EvidenceAcutely aware of the crunches that test both my abdominal muscles and time management skills, I decide quickly that my last full morning in Hong Kong will be best served by seeking out the giant Buddha statue which perches serenely Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Kiss of the Tiger Woman | Dec 10, 2014
- Guise Wide ShutThe dolefully cheerful Mr. Bing is the first face I see, a perfectly yellow expression of dumb cheer gazing out from a greasy liner atop my trash. The fragrance of duck lingers subtly, piquant in the air of an aborted Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Kiss of the Tiger Woman | Dec 8, 2014
- Farewell, My Couch-CubinePacked like proverbial sardines, the occupants of concrete row alight from their beds generally in my wake. I have been up since early morning, toying with options endless for how to spend my half-day before I am due to meet Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Kiss of the Tiger Woman | Dec 8, 2014
- day 4 - Hong KongLast day HK. HK park, plants and animals garden, and then to the plane after a very tasty meal. Bye Hong Kong, u were great! Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 8, 2014
- day 3 - Hong KongAnd yes, we got a MI :). Had a quick lunch in the mcdo for 3.5 euro pp. Then we climed the Hong Hong peak! An amazing view, and a very nice busride down. Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 8, 2014
- day 2 - Hong KongSghtseeing today, discovering parts of the city, and some small shopping. Bit jet lag for me, but less for Edda. Did a bit of Kowloon also today and visited the Historical museum. Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 8, 2014
- day 1 - Hong KongYeey. Today we arrived in Hong Kong! Flight was nice. Our stuff arrived safely, checked in to our hostel and had our first Asian dish :). Good night! Posted by cjfvdk in Down Under and Around | Dec 8, 2014
- Octopi CentralAn entire day has slipped under me as I begin to stir in the newness of a rumpled bed, laid out like one of the smoked fish that spill from every storefront on the road below me. I have made Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Kiss of the Tiger Woman | Dec 8, 2014
- What Hearts May Harbour
Pricked awake at an early hour of my choosing I slither into a shower that promises to exfoliate my ennui and silken my blunted hair. The feeling of promise drives a few more hours of the usual wrap Posted by Camp-Aztitz in Kiss of the Tiger Woman | Nov 28, 2014
- Hong KongHaving visited Hong Kong with work many times previously, I was looking forward to showing Hels one of my favourite citys and introducing her to some of friends who lived there.
[img=http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/danseal/Hong%20Kong%20-%20Au Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Oct 29, 2014
- Hong Kong
[center][i]First, I advise to everybody to go to discover this wonderful city.
I never thought go there one day but I'm so glad I did.
We stayed only 10 days but had the impress Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Oct 24, 2014
- THE LIGHTOur next leg of the trip was a relatively simple three hour flight from Shanghai to Hong Kong. A smooth evening taxi ride via Kowloon into the Sheung Wan district of Hong Kong Island allowed us to sample the stunning Posted by Bakerfam in Baker travels 2014 | Oct 22, 2014
- WAIT-LISTED IN HKGArrived on NZ87 at 06:30am in HK.
HK's Chep Lap Kok airport is familiar territory. British architect, Sir Norman Foster's spacious design, is now 9yrs old.
Hong Kongers value their independence & identity but are now being invaded by Posted by OwenY in Owen & Lily back in INDIA | Oct 15, 2014
- Fireworks insideThe show from Main Street in Disneyland.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 14, 2014
- Disneyland Hong KongLast night, as I lay on the bed awaiting for the fireworks to start on the hotel TV (which the lady on reception told us about), I fell asleep - but the boys stayed awake and ended up watching them Posted by RELitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 14, 2014
- Disney ParadeThe 3pm parade in HK Disneyland today. This was part of the Winnie the Pooh section. There were also Tiggers on bouncy stilt extension things.
Posted by RWLitchfield in RRZD Travel to Europe | Oct 14, 2014