- Hong Kong - Tsuen Wan styleWhen I was checking in at Auckland, the ground staff were a bit worried that it was a one way booking, and wanted me to show them I had an onward ticket, warning me that without it, getting into Hong Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jul 11, 2014
- Hong Kong: Cheung Chau香港竟然有一個[[http://www.discoverhongkong.com/tc/see-do/great-outdoors/outlying-islands/cheung-chau/mini-great-wall.jsp|小長城]]?
只要於中環五號碼頭 乘[[http://www.nwff.com.hk/cht/fare_table/|新渡輪]] 往長洲。
[img Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Dec 31, 2013
- The Long OneI started this little effort several years ago because I was embarking on a six month sabbatical, my longest stint of travelling since they invented the internet. The years have now rolled around to provide me with a further opportunity Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jul 5, 2014
- More temples!The best thing about Hong Kong is that the temples are just...there.
Some of them are fancier.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/682170/large_IMG_0397.jp Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 14, 2014
- Brunch in Sheung WanThe thing about living on the island is that you are forced to remember that you are essentially living on the side of a mountain. Which means our favorite: stairs.
Lots of stairs.
[i Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 15, 2014
- Prince EdwardPrince Edward is technically a MTR station on the mainland but for some reason all the selling-living-things tend to cluster there.
Some are pretty benign. Like flowers!
Although, a Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 11, 2014
- Heading for Hong KongWe awoke this morning, in a frenzy, still packing, only to receive a text to say that the flight was delayed by 35 minutes due to fog. That was ok because we had more time to get ready. Once at Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 13, 2014
- 10,000 Buddha MonasterySo, we all know that I am not universally known for my great ideas. I mean some of them are great, but the one yesterday, wherein I hiked up the side of a mountain in a pair of flip flops Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 9, 2014
- Dragon BoatsThis weekend is the annual Hong Kong Dragon Boat Carnival.
It's kind of like the Olympics, only for Dragon Boats. They even have their own athletes village.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 7, 2014
- A trip on the Star Ferry Head down the escalator to the Ferry Building. Do not get distracted by the GIANT APPLE STORE.
The Star Ferry dates back to 1880 when Dorabjee Naorojee Mithaiwala, a Parsee cook, began Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 7, 2014
- Street ArtUpdate: A couple more.
This is my new favorite.
I am puzzled by the association with a girl's school here.
Or Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 6, 2014
- Man Mo TempleI mean, we're in Asia. There has to be temples, right?
Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 6, 2014
- How to get to the gymLeave the hotel
Church. Take a left.
Past some trees.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/682170/large_IMG_0113 Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 6, 2014
- The view from my room Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 6, 2014
- 25 Years after Tienanmen, Remembering in Hong-KongTienanmen, the word alone stands for so much, yet under China's effective censorship laws stands for nothing to most. I've met Chinese born after 1989 who have no idea what happened in Beijing, June 4th, 1989. But to many it Posted by Brighterside in Dealing with Wanderlust. | Jun 4, 2014
- Slurpees far from WoodbineWell, at this point I'm about a week behind so this post will be some quick highlights of Hong Kong.
Saturday afternoon Talia, Alex and I had a bit of a reunion day as we went for some hangover soup with Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | May 30, 2014
- A Friendly StopI don't know that I've seen 5:30 am so many times on a holiday as I have in these past weeks but it was another early one as we woke up to say very tearful goodbyes to Liz. Shortly after Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | May 30, 2014
- Hong Kong 20 - 22 May 2014The weather in Hong Kong has been really hot and rainy, so we haven’t done too much in our last couple of days other than relax and swim in the pool when possible.
A highlight though was spending half a day Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 21, 2014
- Hong Kong 19 May 2014We didn’t wake up till 10 am! We had planned to go to Ocean Park, and the kids still really wanted to go, so we thought we might as well get that out of the way.
Ocean Park Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 19, 2014
- Hong Kong 18 May 2014We got hardly any sleep on our flight from Amsterdam to Hong Kong, so when we arrived at 6.25 am in Hong Kong, we weren’t sure how we would cope, especially as check-in at the hotel was not until 2 Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 19, 2014
- Smiling Egg TartsTeaching a foreigner Cantonese is pretty good fun. That will evoke some laughs, and plenty of smiles!
When we walked past a bakery shop in Shau Kei Wan (an eastern district in Hong Kong Island) two days ago, my new Posted by starlightfish in as LIGHT as SHADOW | May 18, 2014
- Hong Kong: 維多利亞城遊記維多利亞城- 一個在香港但地圖已經找不到的地方。 位置包含了四環九約，即是現在的西環、上環、中環及下環(下環、即現今灣仔、銅鑼灣一帶)。
行程一 ~下環: 到寶雲道健身徑行山
要在銅鑼灣、灣仔找舊香港，除了大家熟悉的維多利亞公園女皇銅像及銅鑼灣避風塘怡和禮炮外，另一個較少人知道的是在寶雲道的維多利亞城界碑。由銅鑼灣希慎道/開平道新寧大廈 乘26綠色小巴到港安醫院。 步行5 Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | May 5, 2014
- Sunday 27 April 2014We had our last breakfast in the hotel this morning before a fairly rushed pack and check out and then we were on our way in the taxi to the airport, running a bit late. About 5 minutes into Posted by kjgrose in China 2014 | May 2, 2014
- Day 55: Hong Kong I did this cool... Thing. It's where a blind person leads you through some different places in complete darkness. We had canes, though. Most of the people on the tour were really bad at it and kinda Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | May 1, 2014
- Day 54: Hong Kong So... I saw some pretty awesome parks and gardens. Bonsai plants everywhere, rock gardens, crazy pottery, waterfalls, ponds, statues... A ton of baby frogs and turtles.
[img=http://photos. Posted by ErnieLG in Destination Unknown | May 1, 2014