- Hong Kong - Measuring My Life With Coffee SpoonsSitting enjoying a nice mound of green beans, pork nuggets and rice
it struck me how happy I am with this way of l Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jul 29, 2014
- Forget San Francisco“I left my heart……in Hong Kong…” Or something like that. The more we explored, the more HK exceeded my expectations. Here are a few reasons to “heart” HK:
1. Clean, clean city
2. Fabulous & classy skyline
3. Clean water and food
4. Find any Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 29, 2014
- Hong Kong OctopusI know that most people envision HK as a shopping mecca, but when you travel with three boys, the focus must be different. Our theme was “transportation.” HK did not disappoint. In addition to the iconic Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 26, 2014
- Spontaneous trip to Hong KongYesterday I booked reservations for a flight to and hotel in Hong Kong. It seemed like a good idea, as I was craving a dose of English-speakers. But this morning, when the alarm went off at 5am, after Posted by audklein in Shanghai 2014 | Jul 26, 2014
- Week Two: Sheung WanIt has been an extremely busy week, but mainly because of work and so nothing particularly newsworthy. I moved onto Hong Kong Island, at first into a suburb called Sheung Wan - it is a sort of in between place: Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jul 23, 2014
- Hong Kong - Tsuen Wan styleWhen I was checking in at Auckland, the ground staff were a bit worried that it was a one way booking, and wanted me to show them I had an onward ticket, warning me that without it, getting into Hong Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jul 11, 2014
- Hong Kong: Cheung Chau香港竟然有一個[[http://www.discoverhongkong.com/tc/see-do/great-outdoors/outlying-islands/cheung-chau/mini-great-wall.jsp|小長城]]?
只要於中環五號碼頭 乘[[http://www.nwff.com.hk/cht/fare_table/|新渡輪]] 往長洲。
[img Posted by simony in 遊。行。Blog。 | Dec 31, 2013
- The Long OneI started this little effort several years ago because I was embarking on a six month sabbatical, my longest stint of travelling since they invented the internet. The years have now rolled around to provide me with a further opportunity Posted by NZBarry in Barry Travels the World | Jul 5, 2014
- More temples!The best thing about Hong Kong is that the temples are just...there.
Some of them are fancier.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/682170/large_IMG_0397.jp Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 14, 2014
- Brunch in Sheung WanThe thing about living on the island is that you are forced to remember that you are essentially living on the side of a mountain. Which means our favorite: stairs.
Lots of stairs.
[i Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 15, 2014
- Prince EdwardPrince Edward is technically a MTR station on the mainland but for some reason all the selling-living-things tend to cluster there.
Some are pretty benign. Like flowers!
Although, a Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 11, 2014
- Heading for Hong KongWe awoke this morning, in a frenzy, still packing, only to receive a text to say that the flight was delayed by 35 minutes due to fog. That was ok because we had more time to get ready. Once at Posted by rossandglenda in Ross and Glenda in China | Jun 13, 2014
- 10,000 Buddha MonasterySo, we all know that I am not universally known for my great ideas. I mean some of them are great, but the one yesterday, wherein I hiked up the side of a mountain in a pair of flip flops Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 9, 2014
- Dragon BoatsThis weekend is the annual Hong Kong Dragon Boat Carnival.
It's kind of like the Olympics, only for Dragon Boats. They even have their own athletes village.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 7, 2014
- A trip on the Star Ferry Head down the escalator to the Ferry Building. Do not get distracted by the GIANT APPLE STORE.
The Star Ferry dates back to 1880 when Dorabjee Naorojee Mithaiwala, a Parsee cook, began Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 7, 2014
- Street ArtUpdate: A couple more.
This is my new favorite.
I am puzzled by the association with a girl's school here.
Or Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 6, 2014
- Man Mo TempleI mean, we're in Asia. There has to be temples, right?
Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 6, 2014
- How to get to the gymLeave the hotel
Church. Take a left.
Past some trees.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/682170/large_IMG_0113 Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 6, 2014
- The view from my room Posted by Mallyse in Megan "Does Research" in Hong Kong | Jun 6, 2014
- 25 Years after Tienanmen, Remembering in Hong-KongTienanmen, the word alone stands for so much, yet under China's effective censorship laws stands for nothing to most. I've met Chinese born after 1989 who have no idea what happened in Beijing, June 4th, 1989. But to many it Posted by Brighterside in Dealing with Wanderlust. | Jun 4, 2014
- Slurpees far from WoodbineWell, at this point I'm about a week behind so this post will be some quick highlights of Hong Kong.
Saturday afternoon Talia, Alex and I had a bit of a reunion day as we went for some hangover soup with Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | May 30, 2014
- A Friendly StopI don't know that I've seen 5:30 am so many times on a holiday as I have in these past weeks but it was another early one as we woke up to say very tearful goodbyes to Liz. Shortly after Posted by Flanilandlizard in Ready.Set.Travel. | May 30, 2014
- Hong Kong 20 - 22 May 2014The weather in Hong Kong has been really hot and rainy, so we haven’t done too much in our last couple of days other than relax and swim in the pool when possible.
A highlight though was spending half a day Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 21, 2014
- Hong Kong 19 May 2014We didn’t wake up till 10 am! We had planned to go to Ocean Park, and the kids still really wanted to go, so we thought we might as well get that out of the way.
Ocean Park Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 19, 2014
- Hong Kong 18 May 2014We got hardly any sleep on our flight from Amsterdam to Hong Kong, so when we arrived at 6.25 am in Hong Kong, we weren’t sure how we would cope, especially as check-in at the hotel was not until 2 Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 19, 2014