- The Wanderer Seventh century Chinese philosopher Laozi once wrote, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." It's not a joke, nor is it an exaggeration. There is no question that every journey, be it metaphorical or literal, does Posted by ameripean in American Gypsy | Apr 9, 2015
- Hungary 2-Week ResidencyBudapest is the capital and the largest city of Hungary, and one of the largest cities in the European Union. It is the country's principal political, cultural, commercial, industrial, and transportation centre, sometimes described as the primate city of Posted by minitravel in Global Trekker | Feb 15, 2015
- Feeling Hungry in Budapest, HungaryFebruary 6
Off to Budapest! After a quick three hour bus ride we were in Hungary! We made a quick and easy journey to our hostel-or should I say, party hostel- and settled ourselves in. After dinner at Posted by Skraft94 in Oh the places I will see | Feb 10, 2015
- Budapest, HungaryBack to Budapest!!!! Twice in one year. That is how amazing this place is!
I have actually officially upgraded this city. It is my favourite city on mainland Europe. The only reason it doesn’t win Europe as a whole is because Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Jan 14, 2015
- Backpacking in Budapest, Hungary[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fovLQ5X9nM|Backpacking in Budapest: First time to Europe]] Posted by JerseyBoy88 in A. Perez Voyages | Dec 5, 2014
- Budapest Our second to last night on the cruise was the Captain's dinner which ended with the appearance of Saint Nic. Gary couldn't resist sitting on his knee.
We arrived in Budapest the next morning around 10am and headed for Posted by MaggieSyd in Our Adventures | Dec 3, 2014
- Budapest talesBeautiful view of Prague from the Buda Castle.... construction from Habsburg era still stands tall.
Judapest: Three Jewish communities; three separate Synagogues....Here is the big one Posted by monktales in monk tales | Dec 2, 2014
- Intrepid Trip 1 - Hungary & Starting Our IntrepidSorry about the delay in posting up a blog entry guys. Our computer does not like Italian internet but we/I have got there (Yay!) So it was just over a week ago now that we finished our Intrepid. Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 5, 2014
- Farewell Budapest The magnificent castle
The Chain Bridge
And the long walks
[img=http://photo Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 27, 2014
- The Shoes[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435069/3F6654F50D9006CE45CF2B68CC848DFF.jpg Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 27, 2014
- Dohany Synagogue We were told the story of the Hungarian Jews from 1850 to the present day by a young woman, probably younger than my daughters, who memorized all the facts of her half hour presentation without notes or pause. Construction of Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 26, 2014
- Budapest by day[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/435069/EC994368C52E623917B07BD473783EE0.jpg Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 25, 2014
- Entering Budapest
While my photographs will never replicate the amazing view of lights on entering Budapest last night at 10:30, I attempt to capture it. We are stationed by the chain br Posted by The Vickerage in Sermons from the Vickerage | Oct 24, 2014
- OCEAN WAY. Part 1 - HungaryЭтим августом посчастливилось пожить очередной дорожной мечтой. 5800 километров дорог в совершенно свободном формате, наивно и твердо решив встретиться с океаном на ближайшем краю земли.
Подобно хомяку, запасающему семечки и сено в своей норе для успеш Posted by Eugene.B in 40000 km there and back | Oct 15, 2014
- BudapestWe sailed into Budapest around 9 am. The grand Parliament building can only be eclipsed by London's. The various bridges over the Danube with palaces and churches dotting the hillsides create a very scenic entrance. We considered venturing out on Posted by bgkerr63 in A Romantic Journey fr Berlin to Budapest | Sep 26, 2014
- Budapest, Hungary So here is a city that I legitimately had no idea what to expect from. Budapest.
No one I know has been to Hungary. I have heard of the country before of course, but apart from having a name that Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 19, 2014
- Budapest 4 We started the day by taking the train to the Budapest castle. At the Budapest castle you got a really good view of the whole city. We took a ride up the funicular rail to get up the castle. The Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 14, 2014
- Budapest 3Today we had a long bus ride back to Budapest. It was a long journey first we had to get a taxi to the bus at Keszthely, then when we got to Budapest we had to train and walk to Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 14, 2014
- Lake Balaton 2In the morning we walked to the lake to scatter my Grandma’s ashes. She was born in Hungary that is why we brought her back here. We bought some flowers at a florist close to the apartment. My Dad bought Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 12, 2014
- Lake Balaton 1Today we took the bus to Kesthely, Lake Balaton. It took 2.5 hours from Budapest but we missed our stop and ended in Heviz and got a taxi to the apartment. It was a very wet and cold day. The Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 11, 2014
- Budapest 2Today we spent the whole day sightseeing. We saw lots of amazing buildings. Our hotel is on the “Pest” side of the Danube River. We went across to the “Buda” side via the Chain bridge, which links the Buda side Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 10, 2014
- Food and WineTo answer an earlier question, both Austria and Hungary do a lot of wine. We travelled through miles and miles of vineyards around the Sopron area. There are little roadside "cellar doors" (a table on the side of the Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 10, 2014
- Budapest 1When we woke up the train was in Slovakia. Not long after it arrived at Budapest around 8:30am. We got the Metro 2 train to Blaha Lujza tér Station, which was a few hundred meters to our hotel, Hotel Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 9, 2014
- Sopron/BudapestWhilst still at Sopron, we took a drive around a nearby big lake, which meant crossing the border back in to Austria and back. Such a casual thing, but impossible to do 25 years ago. Sopron put on a wine Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 8, 2014
- BudapestTrains: Keleti station is the main international train station. If you are wanting to book onward tickets to destinations outside Hungary, you need to go to the international ticket office beside Platform 6.
There you go to a machine where there Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 6, 2014