- Thermal Baths, Views and another escapeAs it was a jolly long walk we hopped a Uber to the Széchenyi Thermal Baths. After purchasing tickets and dumping our gear into a locker we headed out to the pools which weren't quite as warm as we Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 15, 2016
- Day 3 Budapest347 miles today and the closer we got to Hungary the warmer the weather got and guess who still had his thermal liner in his jacket and trousers?..
Arrived in Budapest at 3pm local time and went for a walk Posted by Speedmaster58 in Wrong Way round to Sweden via Mongolia | Jun 14, 2016
- Segway tours and Ruin BarsWe headed over to Mammut shopping centre and wandered the shops for a while. Louise found heaps of cool shoes but didn't buy any so we didn't blow the budget. Eventually we contemplated what to have for lunch Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 9, 2016
- Wil 17/3/16Last night we went to Jerome's house. Mum, Dad, Jerome and Mirjam (pronounced Miriam) looked at old photos of when Jerome and dad traveled together in 1992 and when Jerome stayed with mum and dad in Melbourne in 1999. Jonathan Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 18, 2016
- Olive 16/3/16Today we went to some thermal baths called Gellert Baths, with Luca's dad Brett. He said that there were actual hot natural springs under Budapest, which supply the water from deep underground. There are heaps of minerals in the water Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 18, 2016
- Olive 15/3/16Today we went to a teacher's rally, in the Parliament building. It was all in Hungarian, so we didn't understand it at the time, but it was about the government's education policies that will make it hard to even buy Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 17, 2016
- Wil 14/3/16Today we walked to the Buda Hills and climbed up János Hill. We wanted to take the chairlift up, but the line of people was about two hundred metres long, so we just walked. The reason the queue was so Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 16, 2016
- Olive 13/3/16Today we went to Heroes' Square, it was built in 1896 on the thousandth anniversary of Hungary. Heroes' Square is huge! It's amazing.
The huge monument in the middle of the square was built to celebrate the thousandth anniversary of the Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 16, 2016
- Wil 12/3/16Today we arrived at Budapest, Hungary to stay with our old school friends Luca, Davide, Alex, Paulo and their parents Brett and Maria. We travelled by super fast train from Vienna. The trip took 3 hours and the speed we Posted by wott.on.earth in wott.on.earth | Mar 16, 2016
- Budapest - Michelin Star and Escape RoomsFeeling slightly better then yesterday I shot over to the Spar supermarket which is across the road from our hostel and bought a few essentials including breakfast items and an umbrella as it had been raining on and off. Posted by loueeezo in The adventures of L & P | Jun 8, 2016
- Europe- Hungary we just landed in Hungary it was from 8:35a - 10:00a by Airberlin. the price was C$348 .75 it was Nonstop and was 1h 25m long. now we are going to the hotel now.
for the next three days Posted by Mahnoork21 in My trip to three regions | Jun 3, 2016
- Bathing in BudapestThe forecast for today was thunderstorms/rain all day. We heard storms overnight and hoped the daytime wouldn't be too bad. We got up around 8 and went to the same bakery for breakfast. After seeing the selection Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 24, 2016
- Fun Fountains and a Food TourThis morning we got up at about 7, and after we are ready to go we first stopped at a bakery down the street for breakfast. As you might expect from a European bakery, it was quite good.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/667965/B9B4FD9ECC88238C8 Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 23, 2016
- Hello from the Other Side (of the Atlantic Ocean)Well, we made it to Budapest safe and mostly on time. Here is how that went. Alex brought us to the airport in Chicago. We arrived extra early because of all the nightmare stories we heard about Posted by AnneO in European Vacation 2016 | May 22, 2016
- Grand BudapestOn March 2014, I got a chance to explore Eastern Europe for 10 days. 1st destination upon travelling to the eastern of Europe is Budapest. Budapest is a capital city of Hungary. I just found out from our tour guide Posted by astrywulandari in My Travel Journey | Apr 11, 2016
-  Hungry in HungaryOctober 9 - 11, 2015
This is my first European travel and I’m so excited and partially worried about the size of my carry on bag! My first Air B&B experience was lovely– a two bedroom loft apartment. Maybe because it Posted by Modi Memoirs in Euro-Scapes | Feb 13, 2016
- Home sweet home!This night we turned the clock back 1 hour to winter time so we had 1 hour of extra sleep in the morning. The transfer to the airport left at 5.30am and we got off at Budapest-Ferenc Liszt Int’l Airport. Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 27, 2013
- Coin gameLast day at the ranch. Always a little sad and melancholic to leave. You still want to enjoy the last day but at the same time start planning for your departure.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/2D991D56CFC3FF4646B68DF5A57A608A.jp Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 26, 2013
- Mount EverestBreakfast at 8am as usual. Christoffer was leaving today. But he still got time for a ride at 9.30am before he had to leave for the airport. Today it was +25°Centigrade and sunshine.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/2D572094EFA6DFF Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 25, 2013
- Bear and Tiger hunt[center][/center]
Breakfast at 8pm. Erik had left late last night to participate in a poker tournament in Great Britain. My fellow traveler had terrible back pain so she couldn’t ride today. A little Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 24, 2013
- El Broncho RanchBreakfast at 8am. Today we were going to ride with Sanyi and Dominique since both Ida and Roland had gone to Germany marketing the ranch. The ranch owners had decided only to accept international guests since the Hungarians misbehaved and Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 23, 2013
- Lesson with Ida[center][/center]
Breakfast at 8am. Erik and Christoffer joined us and looked a bit worn out. We asked them if they had any muscle aches and they sure did! I totally und Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 22, 2013
- Sanyi – the Horse Whisperer During the night two guys from Sweden had arrived. They had the room across the hall from us. They had arrived in their room at 1am with their bags (the walls were pretty thin). Then it got quiet for a Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 21, 2013
- El Broncho RanchGot up at 4.30am so we had time for breakfast and check-out before our transfer at 5.30am. There were actually many people going with that early bus transfer. Many bags were brought onboard the bus, but some of the seats Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 20, 2013
- Towards Stockholm Arlanda AirportI started packing my baggage in time but as usual ended up being short of time. Stressed half to death I rushed towards the bus stop to catch my bus. With fully packed baggage and backpack I was pretty warmed Posted by bejjan in Western in Hungary | Oct 19, 2013