- The F1 experience: a weekend at the Hungarian Grand PrixI've been following Formula 1 since the heyday of Senna and Prost in the late 1980s. I've grown up with sounds of the sport: screaming engines, Fleetwood Mac's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9h34xYsRrI|The Chain]] and the hyper-enthusiastic comm Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Aug 11, 2014
- Week 17: Hearty HungaryThe past week has flown by in a haze of water – lakes, rivers and a decent amount of rain. We started out in Split, armed with 2L of wine, a bottle of sherry and a huge bottle of olive Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Aug 6, 2014
- The Baths of Budapest (and more) Note that the s in Budapest is actually a sh.
I got to Budapest past noon on Sunday, and then after failing to secure a place on the eurolines bus to zagreb for Tuesday (full), I went off to the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Aug 4, 2014
Why can't we have roofs this colorful in the U.S.?
Amateur photographer's frustration: Cant. Get. It. All. In. Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 19, 2013
- Final Night in BudapestI can't believe today is my last full day in Europe. This trip went by way too fast (as it always does). As I walked along the castle district in Budapest, with the beautiful buildings all around me, I Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- Final Farewell DinnerI'm back in Budapest after a long day of traveling yesterday. It was so sad to leave Beius/Oradea and as we pulled out of the town in our van, I had several tears streaming down my face. When I come Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 21, 2014
- Our final nightSo, this is our last night in Europe. It's been an amazing tour. We've met lots of great people, seen so many beautiful cities and lovely countryside, and have definitely eaten tooooo much. Spent the day cruising down the Danube Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 15, 2014
- SIGHETUE MARMETIEI TO EGER AND TATAJULY 11TH, JULY 12TH, 13th
SIGHETU MARMATIEI, ROMANIA TO EGER, HUNGARY
Wet and misty morning, delayed departure due to hiccups with the hotel's card reader, probably damp in the works! The journey went pretty smoothly, though slowly, lots of police aro Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jul 13, 2014
- The team is here and we're enjoying Budapest...It's Sunday morning in Budapest right now and I have a few minutes to update you all on our trip.
Everyone arrived on Saturday throughout the day. We had a few delayed flights but nothing major. Everyone came with all Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 13, 2014
- I Have Landed in BudapestHello from Budapest!
I had a great travel experience from New York City to Budapest - no delays, no hassles with lines and security, empty seats next to me, and met some nice folks on the plane. Couldn't have asked for Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 11, 2014
- BudapestAfter a long month away from home working in the Falklands and also missing my girlfriend's birthday down there made me think about a well deserved break. On my daily 10-15 minute chat per day with her, I mentioned about Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 9, 2014
- Cleaning Up
Our day began with a metro ride to the Parlament. The building is huge with every inch full of detail. There are guards at all the entrences. We walked around the entir Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jul 2, 2014
- The Danube Life
Arrival in Budapest after a night train trip from Krakow was welcomed. The train provided us great accomodations while including travel and breakfast. We were ready for Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jul 1, 2014
- Relaxing in Budapest and (attempting) to leave for ViennaWell, today is my last day in Budapest so I wanted to make it count. I got up around 8:30, booked the Hotel Meninger in Vienna for the next 3 days, then hit the grocery store to stock up Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 25, 2014
- A History Lesson during a "Free" Walking Tour of BudapestBoy was it tough going to sleep last night. Not only was I still on an emotional high from the game, but the kid whose bed is next to mine was snoring and across the way there was another Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 25, 2014
- CAR UPDATEJune 21st
Just checked my blogs and realised have not said about the repairs to car. Apart from the fact that Maribor was 500 miles added to our journey and we had to cancel trip to Plitivice National Park and Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 23, 2014
- Maribord, Slovenia to Pecs, HungaryJune 22nd to 24th Maribor to Pecs
We decided to cross over from Slovenia to take the scenic road which ran mainly in Croatia about 20 miles inside the Hungarian border for a good two thirds of the way. Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jun 23, 2014
- On to Budapest!Woke up early this morning and had some nuts and some meat and cheese that I saved from last night to make for a quick start today. I showered (I may or may not have skipped a day) and Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- Leaving Budapest, heading TokyoThe journey just started. We're flighing with the magnificient Turkish Airlines. Huba, who we met at Ferihegy just opened our eyes that we're going to travel with one of the best airlines with regards to the food Juppie, I'm already Posted by csokis in Japan 2014 | May 9, 2014
- Tag 8Mit Mohacs endete die Aufgabe der Donau als Grenzfluss zwischen Serbien und Kroatien. Jetzt kann sie als Duna unbeschwert 417 Kilometer durch Ungarn fließen. Während der Nacht durchfuhren wir die Ungarische Tiefebene, die Puszta, die als letzte ausgedehnt Posted by fegoesdonau in FE goes DONAU | Jun 8, 2014
- Hungary for Goulash?Up early to for a long day’s ride to Budapest, our first stopover of two nights with a rest day. It’s only been about a week and concerning that one of first thoughts of Budapest was laundry…….is that because I’m Posted by ScottyJ in Road of Bones 2014 | May 27, 2014
So, to the next destination! Budapest! Well, I took a train from Zagreb into Budapest, and I arrived late at night, without any forints! No stores were opened, so I didn’t eat, FOR 24HOURS!, chec Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | Apr 29, 2014
- Budapest, Hungary - Sunday, 7 August 2011Arrived in Budapest at 8.00 am.
Went ashore for a guided tour - first to Pest and Hero Square (fabulous statues)
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/56 Posted by gaddingabout in European Rvr Cruise, Amsterdam/Budapest | Apr 20, 2014
- Hungry? Me too. I apologise for the profanity. Budapest. Did you know it is Buda and Pest? I didn’t before I arrived. Well I knew 5 fifths of bugger all before I went, so that is not really surprising. Iain and I are taking part in a spontaneity Posted by kayles in The Orsum Adventures | Jan 27, 2014
- Eastern European EscapadesAll throughout the year, one of the things that gave me hope and motivation to get through those long hours at work, was my plane ticket booked to Budapest on the 28th Dec.
Initially, in my naiivity I thought that Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 13, 2014