- Buda and Pest
After reuniting with my sisters and recharging the batteries in Mother England for a few days, we set off to destination #1 of our two-week Eastern European tour; Budapest.
I’m not su Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Nov 24, 2013
- To PecsFrom Budapest we travelled by train to the lovely uni town of Pecs.
Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 8, 2013
- Budapest some moreOn Tuesday we went to the Gellert Baths (renovation and filming made this less fun) and then an interesting tour at the Synagogue. We tried to go to the amazing Parliament building but renovations and tours in only Spanish or Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 8, 2013
- Exploring more of BudapestWe returned to Fisherman's Bastion to admire it by daylight. We admired the pretty inside of St Matthias' Church and then proceeded to Hospital in The Rock. That was pretty cool - one of the highlights of Budapest. The hospital, Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 8, 2013
- Budapest[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/Hungary/|Photos of Hungary]]
I was somewhat underwhelmed by Budapest. My expectations for the city were rather high, as travellers I met on the backpacker trail in Europe regularly Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo trip | Nov 8, 2013
- Episode 14Our Eastern Europe Adventure covers Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia & Hungry. What crazy scenarios can we possibly get into in the East?
Posted by reinandleah in REIN & LEAH'S EUROPEAN ADVENTURE | Nov 7, 2013
- It's a hard life, but someone's got to do it ...Our first full day in Budapest saw us having an easy Sunday morning and heading for the Széchenyi Baths to avail ourselves of their healing waters. We felt very luxurious as we soaked in baths of various temperatures - some Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 5, 2013
- Next stop, HungaryOn the train again ... after being dropped at the station by the very accommodating host Matej we set off on another train and a few hours later found ourselves in charming Budapest. We're mainly staying in places we've booked Posted by Ssisters in Sojourning Sisters | Nov 3, 2013
- BudapestWe hire a car from Prague and drive to Budapest.
Dad's first attempt at driving on the right side of the road and the right side of the car does not start well. After less than an Posted by harpellar in I was somewhere in the audience | Oct 19, 2013
- BudapestAnother day, another country! This time i find myself in Budapest, Hungary and after the day i have had today, all the good things i have heard about the place are completely justified. Let me quickly tell you about yesterday Posted by BredG10 in Making Tracks | May 11, 2011
- HungaryDay 11. Budapest welcomed us with sunny skies and a warm 19 degrees. Our hotel was a large palatial home of years gone by. Many, many years gone by. Not much has been done to it Posted by debbep in Wanderlust is an incurable disease! | Sep 23, 2013
- Balaton Lake, Hungary, on the way back to Austria We packed up the next day, went and got the car from the secure garage, handed over the key to the owner and were off! We decided to have a look at rural Hungary on the way to Austria so Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 4, 2013
- Majestic Architecture and SceneryNB. I'm back! Had some urgent family business to do so I was flat out with that but now am back on track!
We decided to see the Castle District (A Budai Varnegyed) on Tuesday. It has a great view across Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Sep 4, 2013
- Budapest, Hungary, 1st DayBefore we left Vienna we went to the doctor at 9.15am as my ear was very painful still and as we were going to be in Budapest for 3 days I wanted to have all the medication I needed to Posted by gilbir in Looking far | Aug 26, 2013
- Budapest, Hungary (8th - 10th August)Our train was late in to Budapest, but that wasn't a problem - we headed straight to our hostel and checked in. We stayed at Origo Hostel and had a private room. It was a nice little place, I'd recommend Posted by chantalpatton in Travel Patton | Aug 25, 2013
- Unsafe Snacks Eastern European EditionEngland:
Fish & Chips and Beef Burger Crisps: At the airport before we departed things just got meta! Chips flavoured to taste (in part) like chips! They had a vague lemon, vinegar, mushy pea vibe that I didn’t particularly care Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 22, 2013
- Bathing our Blisters in Budapest==“Rest and peace should not be left until you're deceased. They are two vital life ingredients everybody needs and seeks.” - Rasheed Ogunlaru==
===Over the course of our trip, we have been using TripAdvisor to find the best Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 17, 2013
- The Ghosts of Budapest Past=="Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies." - W. L. George==
===After our epic walking tour, our guide recommended a local restaurant where we could get an authentic Hungarian lunch set menu. For 10 Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 16, 2013
- Boiling in Budapest=="I love travelling in a sleeper on a night train. You just go to bed, and wake up and you're in another country! Only way to travel!!" - Lisa==
===On a Posted by travellinglise in Lisa and Mark's Great European Adventure | Aug 14, 2013
- Eastern European FoodMeat, soups, stews, stodge, and dairy fat. Welcome the corner stones of Eastern European cuisine. Food from this region is undeserving of its dire reputation, while mild and moderately monotonous, there are some tasty things to wrap your gums around. Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 22, 2013
- Don't Worry, Be HappyAs I am sitting in the taxi and heading to the airport, "Don't worry be happy" came on the radio. It was kind of fitting for the end of my trip. While I am sad to leave, as I am Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 13, 2013
- Sziget!I knew that I wanted to visit a music festival somewhere in Europe over summer, so I made a list.
Sziget (which means island in Hungarian) was on my list and lined up with my travel plans. I'm very glad Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 12, 2013
- BudapestOrangeways are my new favorite Hungarian bus company, even though their drivers get lost and end up being almost 2 hours late they are still the cheapest.
We arrived in Budapest, changed our money, used the awesome soviet style subway Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 12, 2013
- So Long Summer HomeI'm back in Budapest after a long day of traveling yesterday. It was so sad to leave Beius and as we pulled out of the town in our van, I had several tears streaming down my face. When I come Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2013 | Aug 12, 2013
- Hungary 9th JulyThis was a travel day of buses and trains, interlaced with a brief stop at Debrecen, Hungary's second largest city.
Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Aug 8, 2013