- Budapest, Hungary So here is a city that I legitimately had no idea what to expect from. Budapest.
No one I know has been to Hungary. I have heard of the country before of course, but apart from having a name that Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 19, 2014
- Budapest 4 We started the day by taking the train to the Budapest castle. At the Budapest castle you got a really good view of the whole city. We took a ride up the funicular rail to get up the castle. The Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 14, 2014
- Budapest 3Today we had a long bus ride back to Budapest. It was a long journey first we had to get a taxi to the bus at Keszthely, then when we got to Budapest we had to train and walk to Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 14, 2014
- Lake Balaton 2In the morning we walked to the lake to scatter my Grandma’s ashes. She was born in Hungary that is why we brought her back here. We bought some flowers at a florist close to the apartment. My Dad bought Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 12, 2014
- Lake Balaton 1Today we took the bus to Kesthely, Lake Balaton. It took 2.5 hours from Budapest but we missed our stop and ended in Heviz and got a taxi to the apartment. It was a very wet and cold day. The Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 11, 2014
- Budapest 2Today we spent the whole day sightseeing. We saw lots of amazing buildings. Our hotel is on the “Pest” side of the Danube River. We went across to the “Buda” side via the Chain bridge, which links the Buda side Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 10, 2014
- Food and WineTo answer an earlier question, both Austria and Hungary do a lot of wine. We travelled through miles and miles of vineyards around the Sopron area. There are little roadside "cellar doors" (a table on the side of the Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 10, 2014
- Budapest 1When we woke up the train was in Slovakia. Not long after it arrived at Budapest around 8:30am. We got the Metro 2 train to Blaha Lujza tér Station, which was a few hundred meters to our hotel, Hotel Posted by pdover in The Dover rovers | Sep 9, 2014
- Sopron/BudapestWhilst still at Sopron, we took a drive around a nearby big lake, which meant crossing the border back in to Austria and back. Such a casual thing, but impossible to do 25 years ago. Sopron put on a wine Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 8, 2014
- BudapestTrains: Keleti station is the main international train station. If you are wanting to book onward tickets to destinations outside Hungary, you need to go to the international ticket office beside Platform 6.
There you go to a machine where there Posted by UnwindRoad in Unwind on the Silk Road | Sep 6, 2014
- Hallstatt to Sopron
Today has been an interesting one. We left Hallstadt in beautiful sunshine and drove about 4 hours to Sopron in Hungary. On the way we called in at the small village of Bad Mittendorf, home town of Conchita Wurst (2014 Posted by kazandjim in Autumn in September | Sep 4, 2014
- BudapestAfter my overnight train from Granada to Barcelona, I had a precious 10 hours in the wonderful city of Barcelona before I had my flight to Budapest. After careful debate, I set my sights on Montserrat, one of the sights Posted by danza in There and back again | Aug 25, 2014
- The F1 experience: a weekend at the Hungarian Grand PrixI've been following Formula 1 since the heyday of Senna and Prost in the late 1980s. I've grown up with sounds of the sport: screaming engines, Fleetwood Mac's [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9h34xYsRrI|The Chain]] and the hyper-enthusiastic comm Posted by Chris Parsons in Parsons on Tour | Aug 11, 2014
- Week 17: Hearty HungaryThe past week has flown by in a haze of water – lakes, rivers and a decent amount of rain. We started out in Split, armed with 2L of wine, a bottle of sherry and a huge bottle of olive Posted by Andrew and Lisa in Andrew & Lisa's european adventure | Aug 6, 2014
- The Baths of Budapest (and more) Note that the s in Budapest is actually a sh.
I got to Budapest past noon on Sunday, and then after failing to secure a place on the eurolines bus to zagreb for Tuesday (full), I went off to the Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Aug 4, 2014
Why can't we have roofs this colorful in the U.S.?
Amateur photographer's frustration: Cant. Get. It. All. In. Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Jun 19, 2013
- Final Night in BudapestI can't believe today is my last full day in Europe. This trip went by way too fast (as it always does). As I walked along the castle district in Budapest, with the beautiful buildings all around me, I Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- Final Farewell DinnerI'm back in Budapest after a long day of traveling yesterday. It was so sad to leave Beius/Oradea and as we pulled out of the town in our van, I had several tears streaming down my face. When I come Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 21, 2014
- Our final nightSo, this is our last night in Europe. It's been an amazing tour. We've met lots of great people, seen so many beautiful cities and lovely countryside, and have definitely eaten tooooo much. Spent the day cruising down the Danube Posted by Amstrdm2budapst in K and S 35th | Jul 15, 2014
- SIGHETUE MARMETIEI TO EGER AND TATAJULY 11TH, JULY 12TH, 13th
SIGHETU MARMATIEI, ROMANIA TO EGER, HUNGARY
Wet and misty morning, delayed departure due to hiccups with the hotel's card reader, probably damp in the works! The journey went pretty smoothly, though slowly, lots of police aro Posted by Combes Caper in Grandfolks Grand Tour | Jul 13, 2014
- The team is here and we're enjoying Budapest...It's Sunday morning in Budapest right now and I have a few minutes to update you all on our trip.
Everyone arrived on Saturday throughout the day. We had a few delayed flights but nothing major. Everyone came with all Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 13, 2014
- I Have Landed in BudapestHello from Budapest!
I had a great travel experience from New York City to Budapest - no delays, no hassles with lines and security, empty seats next to me, and met some nice folks on the plane. Couldn't have asked for Posted by gooberkn in GV Beius 2014 | Jul 11, 2014
- BudapestAfter a long month away from home working in the Falklands and also missing my girlfriend's birthday down there made me think about a well deserved break. On my daily 10-15 minute chat per day with her, I mentioned about Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 9, 2014
- Cleaning Up
Our day began with a metro ride to the Parlament. The building is huge with every inch full of detail. There are guards at all the entrences. We walked around the entir Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jul 2, 2014
- The Danube Life
Arrival in Budapest after a night train trip from Krakow was welcomed. The train provided us great accomodations while including travel and breakfast. We were ready for Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jul 1, 2014