- Day 2===Plus, a ceiling so high that the music just swirls around the pillars. Here's is what I saw there today.===
[img= Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 17, 2014
- Day 2 - Gone to ChurchWe pretty well spend the day looking around this perfectly groomed city.
My favorite part of the day was spending time at the Leuthran Church that the city is so well know for. The organ in has 5,275 pipes.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/693 Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 17, 2014
- Sea Day - Bound For ScotlandThe ship demonstrated that she does get effected by the weather although the effect was minimal it made for a lovely rocking motion during the night. I had to cut short my outdoor morning walk as I was twice Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 15, 2014
- Reykjavik, IcelandThis morning we experience the strongest winds so far on this cruise. So strong in fact that it forced the ship to list slightly to Port. The deckhands were not swabbing the deck today, the wind was strong Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 14, 2014
- Here we go....We are keeping our eye on the Volcano that is erupting in Iceland.
Reykjavik is really on the other side of Iceland so we are not expecting any delays in our travel plans.
Posted by EarthTour14 in EarthTour14 | Sep 14, 2014
- Sea Day 2 - Iceland AheadThe calm seas continue and last night's fog has dissipated. We've sailed across the North of Scotland and the temperature is quite cool and there's a solid overcast. Sunrise was due at 06:57 but there was no sign Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 13, 2014
- Sea Day 1 - Destination IcelandA bit of a miserable morning with a moist mist shrouding the horizon. About 45 minutes before sunrise we passed within sight of some of the North Atlantic oil platforms. They look quite spectacular all lit up.
Met up Posted by greynomadm in 2014-09 Royal Princess | Sep 12, 2014
- Iceland Excursions After a 7 hour (mostly sleep-less) plane ride, we finally landed in Iceland. Our trip began here, despite the currently erupting volcano. With a 10 hour layover ahead of us, we decided to leave the airport for a while and Posted by MykelleBelle in Nantes Your Average Adventure | Sep 7, 2014
- Iceland is cool (figuratively and literally)After our whale watching tours were cancelled on Monday, we rescheduled for the Tuesday morning tour. We went on the 9 am Elding whale watching tour which lasted 3 long, cold, slightly miserable hours. It turns out we aren't the Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Sep 4, 2014
- Oh whale...When you think of Iceland, you automatically think of snorkeling and scuba diving, right? Okay, probably not. However, snorkeling is an activity you can do in Iceland. Most people don't sign up for this adventure, so of course, we signed Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Sep 1, 2014
- Rotten shark for brunch, anyone?Kolaportid flea market is an indoor market opened every weekend. There are various stalls selling a variety of junk that no one needs. However, Icelanders informed us it was the cheapest place to buy hákarl, so we ventured to the Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 31, 2014
- Lost in Iceland... AgainSaturday was a lazy day. We drove around the Snæfellsnes peninsula in the west, stopping to take a picture at Kirkjufell. Kirkjufell is one of the most famous mountains in Iceland due to its shape. Kirkjufell means church mountain since Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 31, 2014
- A horse is a horse, of course, of course.
According to the always handy Wikipedia, "The Icelandic horse is a breed of horse from Iceland." Thank you, Captain Obvious. The Icelandic horse is a small one. In fact, it looks like a pony, but don't you dare tell an Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 29, 2014
- Chasing more waterfalls. Skogar Hostel is ranked at the bottom of our accommodations list currently which is mainly due to the poor WiFi. The WiFi master informed Megan the connection was very weak. We are millennials. We don't do well without Internet. The Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 28, 2014
- I can see Antarctica from my hostelAfter our day of glacier hiking, we felt like decrepit elderly people, and we voted to sleep in a bit to recover. We left our hostel around 9 am to explore Vik. Vik is the southernmost village in Iceland.
We Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 27, 2014
- Fact: Iceland has ice.. Lots of it.Today was Erin's 24th birthday, and we started our day with a 1.5 hour drive west to Skaftafell through rain and sun and then more rain. Weather in Iceland is crazy.
We arrived on time for the Glacier Grand Slam Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 26, 2014
- RAM-bunctious DayYesterday, we saw a tourism advertisement with the slogan, "get lost in Iceland." We took the tourism bureau's advice and accidentally got lost on our way out of Reykjavik.
Knowing we aren't Walter Mitty and able to navigate Iceland on a Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 25, 2014
- Iceland will be a blast of volcanic proportionsOur dear friend Kelly drove Megan and me to the airport in enough time to eat a breakfast taco (all adventures begin with breakfast tacos) and get acquainted with the super friendly and helpful JetBlue staff. I have never flown Posted by lsto90 in Get Out of Town | Aug 24, 2014
- Iceland: Reykjavik: Last Day at the Blue LagoonWe have made the most of the 17 hours of daylight in this country and boy are we exhausted. We have burned the candle at ALL ends—not just both! Even though the Blue Lagoon is a classic Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 3, 2014
- Iceland: Glaciers, Puffins and More Glaciers! We headed straight for Jokulsaron this morning. The glacier lake is pretty amazing. There are icebergs floating around in a lake and every now and again if you’re lucky you’ll spot sea lions playfully poking their heads out of Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 2, 2014
- Iceland On the roadIf I thought the weather was cold before,parts of today were bitter and with the chill factor in the wind up in the highlands I'm sure it was zero or below. We intended to take the track Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 17, 2014
- The Blue LagoonIf there is just one famous place to experience in Iceland, they will tell you it is the Blue Lagoon.
Now, I am usually skeptical of the "famous tourist location" because invariably they are over-priced, over-sensationalised and generally, a bit Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Aug 17, 2014
- 6 things to do in Reykavik
People always relate Iceland as cold, boring, and mysterious place in earth. True in certain extent that Iceland is cold (not as cold as you think) and mysterious due to the rich land f Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 17, 2014
- Ice Climbing Iceland
Mountain climbing is like a life lesson... when you climb you need courage and strength with prudence of course! Step by step, one at a time you conquer each step to achieve greater heig Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 16, 2014
- Lava Caving in Iceland
A great day out Lava Caving at Leiðarendi! Met new friends from Germany, 2 cool OZ boys and a nice Russian couple... small but really cool grp... not forgetting our superior Icelandic gui Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 16, 2014