- SelfossOur driver/guide Gunnar picked us up at 9am. Gunnar is a 75 year old, who is a native of Reykjavik – hard to believe he’s that old because I struggle to keep up with him. The group is made up Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 27, 2014
- Lake Myvatn.Our guide today was called Bjorn. He was a youngish guy, drives buses of all sizes and is licensed to fly small planes. He's an engineer. He was full of info but by the end of the Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Jul 27, 2014
- Superjeep and the Golden Circle.On Thursday, a long day was spend in the biggest beast of a 4WD I've ever been in. This thing was made to conquer Iceland. Actually it's for tourism and rescue. In Iceland, they buy normal 4WDs Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Jul 26, 2014
- Reykjavik25 July 2014
Another two flights done:
Edinburgh to London Gatwick (British Airways)
Gatwick to Reykjavik (Icelandair)
It’s time to reluctantly leave Scotland today.
I left the hotel (Apex City) around 6.30 and arrived in Reykjavik around 4pm Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 26, 2014
- HÖFNPlease look at the photos and captions because I think pictures will do better justice to today.
Adventure consisted of a return flight on an Eagle Air Jetstream 32 and an AWD ride along the ring road in the south east Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Jul 23, 2014
- ReykjavikOur plane arrived last night, close to midnight. I had imagined that there would be darkness but no, there was a silvery dark blue colour In the sky, like an illuminated curtain.
The drive from Keflavik airport to Reykjavik takes Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Jul 22, 2014
- Impressions of IcelandCrisp. That is the word that comes to mind when I think back on my trip to Iceland. Fresh, ragged, unique. Crisp.
Late May, 2014, the celebration of my mom’s entry into octogenarianism, was a magical time. Posted by Julie2014 in Random Impressions | Jul 21, 2014
- 2014 E1 OCEAN PRINCESS - ON THE WAY, ICELANDTHIS TRIP IS GOING TO BE A CRUISE ON THE OCEAN PRINCESS FROM DOVER.
BUT FIRST, A STOPOVER IN ICELAND.
AS SOON AS I LANDED, I FOUND ICELAND HAS SOMETHING UNIQUE IN MY EXPERIENCE. DUTY FREE ON ARRIVAL. WHAT A GREAT IDEA. Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Feb 19, 2004
4th Jun to 12th Jun: After spending a week in Toronto with Lisa's relatives, it was time to continue our epic journey. We were headed to Iceland via Heathrow. I know it sounds like a long way to go considering Posted by AshLisa in Ash & Lisa go exploring | Jul 10, 2014
- Iceland (continued)Wikipedia pegs Iceland’s population at 310,000, which means that the COUNTRY has a handful more people than Madison WI, or between 4 and 5 NFL stadiums worth. For an entire country. Iceland isn’t big, but this equates to 3.18 people Posted by danza in There and back again | Jul 10, 2014
- Iceland: A++ for algaeEggplant
When I first started shopping around for airplane tickets to Madrid, I saw this one flight with a nine and a half hour layover. I winced just thinking about being stuck in an airport that long, but then I Posted by BlazeNEggplant in Rambles & Fumbles | Jun 27, 2014
- Back on the Wagon - Off to Iceland!Bryan’s European Jaunt Part Deux!
After 6 weeks back in the US, I’m back at it traveling around Europe. The time off worked out perfectly - in the past 6 weeks I:
- Spent 2 of those in SF for Brad Posted by danza in There and back again | Jun 24, 2014
- Iceland!Well, we're in Iceland now, having landed at 6:35am local time (12:30pm Denver time). Since our connecting flight to Paris doesn't leave until 4:15pm today we Posted by ian.boersma in Notre Voyage en France | Jun 11, 2014
- VI. glataður á Íslandi So, we got the first available ferry out of Vestmannaeyjar back to mainland! Immediately started trying to head to Þórsmörk. But on our way there, our car, BROKE DOWN! What the crap right! So we were stuck in the middle Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | Jun 5, 2014
- Iceland - Take your pick in ReykjavikOur final destination (back in September) and a great one at that. Cuba and Iceland have been topping my dream list of places to visit for years so when I realised I could get a flight back to UK going Posted by KtandMark in Kt and Mark do stuff in places and that | May 31, 2014
- V. glataður á Íslandi Its a beautiful day today! Finally we see the sun again, and what a perfect day for our glacier hike! :D Got picked up and we were off! On our way to the glacier, we saw the 2 germans again, Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 29, 2014
- IV. glataður á Íslandi
After another cold night on the farm, we headed east Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 26, 2014
- III. glataður á Íslandi
After surviving the cold night, prolly 2˚C, We headed to another viking house! This one definitely looked much better and more accurate, unlike the other one with a zinc roof. Man, such gr Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 23, 2014
- II. glataður á ÍslandiStarted our day early and as we were driving by Þingvellir, we passed by this place and saw all of this amazing cairn!
What a sight, later i found out from Gnusi that travellers used thi Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 20, 2014
- I. glataður á ÍslandiSo, picked up the car and headed towards Látrabjarg. Weather didn’t seem on our side as we started moving, it was a fine drizzle.
Schade. Well, but on our attempt up norh, we saw many Ic Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 18, 2014
- Sumar götur eru sumargöturGot off the plane at Keflavik, and just breathing in Icelandic air, its AMAZING! Took a bus to smokey bay, where I met Snorri! He looked so different from the photos, I could barely recognized him without his beard ha! Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 17, 2014
- Last Day[center]
Let's go fly a kite...
Free man-made hot spring is no longer free. Free natural "hot" spring is empty. :(
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Sep 5, 2013
Pretty, peaceful, touristy Þingvellir
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/529454/large_P90407 Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Sep 4, 2013
- ICELAND Day Sex
Firstly I think we have to address the fact that the title of our blog entry is Iceland Day Sex. A few things to note: this is still a travel blog, there will be no mention Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | May 8, 2014
...and thar she blows
Posted by chschen in Teenie Travels | Sep 3, 2013