- 7,000 Mile Road Trip Plus Iceland, Part 2Sunday morning. I had my oatmeal, then we took Holly for a long walk. After the walk, I took a quick shower and went over my final packing list. I am packing very light so I am leaving my laptop Posted by vegasmike6 in Mike's Adventures | Dec 24, 2016
- Day 8 - Blue Lagoon Last day in Iceland and it was Blue Lagoon day!
The bus transport picked me up at 8:30 am. They picked you up at your hotel by a little bus and take you to the bus station to get Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 29, 2016
- Day 7 - Back to ReykjavikMy time in the West Fjords has ended and today we said buy to Stella and headed back to Reykjavik.
We headed out at 10 am. The Arctic fox was back to bid us goodbye. On the way Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 27, 2016
- Day 6 - West Fjords Today was a slower paced day.
At breakfast, the hiker joined us before continuing on his journey to Isafjordur. We chatted a little a little more with him before he headed off. After breakfast, we started the day with Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 26, 2016
- Day 5 - IsafjordorThis morning came early after watching the Northern Lights for so long.
After breakfast we headed down to the fjord Mjoifjordur to kayak. The water was like glass and so very clear. There were some seals swimming around us trying to Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 26, 2016
- Day 4 - West FjordsStarted the morning with a knock on the door at around 5:30 am that the northern lights were out. They weren't strong, but still pretty cool to see. It made me wonder though if I had seen them as they Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 25, 2016
- Day 3 - Travel through West IcelandToday was a day of travel through West Iceland. I was picked up promptly at 9:30 am. Already in the van was one couple who was on the Golden Circle tour with me yesterday. We picked up another couple Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 24, 2016
- Day 2 - The Golden Circle Today's adventures took me to The Golden Circle.
First stop was at pingvellir National Park which is the site of Iceland's first parliament established in 930. It is also the site of a rift valley that marks the crest of Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 22, 2016
- Day 1 - Reykjavik I made it! Slept about 2 1/2 hours on the plane (less than 5 hours in the air). Had no issues getting my bag or finding the driver. The airport is very easy to get around. It Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 22, 2016
- FerðaáætluninNú er ferðaáætlunin okkar orðin nokkuð ákveðin. Eftir nokkra mánaða vangaveltur og valkvíða er nú búið að panta allt flug, alla gistingu og eitthvað til viðbótar.
Við leggjum af stað 17.nóvember n.k. og lendum aftur á Íslandi 3.janúar.
Fyrst er ferðin Posted by steinunnms in Hringferðin | Oct 3, 2016
- Iceland Part 227th August
Today we headed for Mývatn. It was a dismal day with low cloud and rain so unfortunately we did not get to see much of the scenery along the way. We went off road in the morning hoping to Posted by shaneandnicola in Our big retirement trip | Sep 5, 2016
- IcelandWe left Manchester Airport to travel to Keflavik Airport, Iceland. Posted by broadbenttravel in Broadbent | Aug 27, 2016
- Iceland here we come - get ready for the Beams's Part 120th August
This morning we awoke to the ship moving into the port at Keflavik. The pilot was on board guiding us in. We were now in Iceland. Iceland is a Nordic island country. It has a population of approx 350,000 Posted by shaneandnicola in Our big retirement trip | Aug 27, 2016
- Takk fyrir, Iceland!Monday morning saw us heading to the west - we stopped off at the turf church in Vidimyrarkirkja and although all the signs said it was open and listed an admission fee, all the doors were closed and we kept Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 24, 2016
- The NorthBreakfast on Saturday included some Havre Crunch to go with the Special Flongor and skyr, which is a surefire way to start the day. We headed off towards Viti and developed a rating system for comparing the views on Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 21, 2016
- Peanut butter peanut butter peanut butterWe awoke to the sound of sheep, had uncontrollably hot showers and then tucked in to a hearty breakfast of leftover pasta, skyr, Special Flongor and peanut butter on toast. Just because we’re ninking doesn’t mean we’re missing out Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 20, 2016
- Don't go chasing waterfallsAt this point, I think it is important to mention that we all now smell faintly of rotten eggs. The water of Reykjavik has a fairly strong sulphurous odour (particularly when the hot water tap is used), which is Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 20, 2016
- nIceland4am is not usually a good time to set one's alarm... But if one is flying to Iceland, one has to make sacrifices!
We were up and waiting for the tram by 4.30am, again congratulating ourselves on our choice of accommodation Posted by Buccas in 2016 - The Year of the Nink | Aug 16, 2016
- Day 5: Circling Back to ReykjavikI just realized that I keep spelling Reykjavik wrong. You’d think by now I would get that right.
Are you familiar with puffins? They are the cutest little critters. I first ran into them when Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 16, 2016
- Day 3: Glacier LagoonJet lag is a bitch, I tell ya. You can hardly keep your eyes open through dinner and then you can’t sleep more than a couple of hours over night. Sheesh.
We’re staying in a charming country inn in Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 14, 2016
- Day 2: The Road to Hella is Paved with Deep IndentionsDid you know that Reykjavic is renowned for its weekend all night party scene during the summer months? I was completely unaware of that. . . until last night, that is. Since there are many cafes and Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 13, 2016
- Day 1: Travelling to ReykjavicThis morning, from an airplane, I saw the sunrise over the coast of Greenland, where the North Atlantic Ocean meets the rugged, rugged shore. That and the fact that there was only forty minutes left of the flight made Posted by Follow Carol in Iceland and Scandinavia | Aug 12, 2016
- The Sprengisandur Route (Road F26)
The short version is:
[center]"Hours and hours of gray pumice plains punctuated by waterfalls, basalt columns, birds, and a few "huts." [/center]
This was the longer of the Highlan Posted by Windy West in Iceland 2016 | Aug 5, 2016
- Around IcelandMy photo album of our wonderful Iceland trip is complete!
Click [[https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=105315951877062706703&target=ALBUM&id=6314984486386506113&authkey=Gv1sRgCPfVlOCBjsaYDw&invite=CLbSnaMI&feat=email|Iceland]] to view the alb Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Aug 4, 2016
- Road Trip along the Southern CoastAnother early morning today; I was on a tour to the southern coast. It was another cloudy, rainy day. We set off and the weather worsened, which was disheartening.
Our first stop was WATERFALL and thankfully the Posted by Glichez in Europe 2016 | Mar 10, 2016