- Iceland Final 15As we were wrapping up our time on the island, I asked the family for any insight they had on Iceland after a week here that we didn't find via Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet, Rick Steves, or anywhere else online. Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 16, 2017
- Hello, Reykjavik!We spent our last 2 days in Iceland in Reykjavik and have thoroughly enjoyed the city. We do our best to keep our city experiences short, sweet, and deep - and we did just that with this one! We stayed Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 15, 2017
- Black IceI've got a newfound interest. I want to be a watcher and photographer of glacier ice on the black sand beaches when I grow up. This is unlike anything I've ever seen before.
As the gargantuan chunks of blue ice Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 13, 2017
- Elsa & the Dark Haired Bar WenchIce Caves. After plane tickets, this is the first thing we booked on our trip and the rest of Iceland fell in line around it. We have our priorities straight for sure! Disclosure: I heavily dislike the movie Frozen. I Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 13, 2017
- Another Day in the LifeOur drive has taken us to Höfn, on the south coast, which is simply surreal. We are out of the snow (with the exception of the snow-capped mountains that tower in the background of every inland photo) and into black Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 13, 2017
- Von and the White CrayonHoly snow, Batman! We had another good day of driving across the northern coast of Iceland today and the snow wasn't going to let us off easy! It put our Colorado (Idaho!) skills to the test! There was nothing to Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 13, 2017
- The Appropriate Over-Use of Adjectives I genuinely struggled when reading about Iceland because every other word was an adjective and those that weren't were something like 'Reykjarfjaròarlaug' which I can't pronounce - let alone remember the first 3 letters of to look up. We were Posted by akgearhard in A Northern Fairytale | Mar 13, 2017
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.This morning we woke up to 51cm (20 inches) of snow. It was the biggest snowstorm Iceland has had since 1937 and were were right in it. Maureen had been watching out the window all night worried about how we Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Mar 1, 2017
- Grand Golden Circle TourThis morning at 7:30 we walked to a hostel about 1/4 mile away to be picked up by the tour bus. It was freezing. We went to the Keri volcanic crater, Faxi waterfall, Geysir geothermal area, Gullfoss waterfall and Pingvellir Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Feb 26, 2017
- Maureen braving the elements to get us food.We were very tired this morning and it was snowing very hard outside. It was a blizzard, however that did not stop Maureen who was very hungry. She decided to go and walk to the store around the corner. As Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Feb 26, 2017
- Wandering on our ownToday we decided to drive up to the west of Iceland. We had asked someone in the town and they told us this was a beautiful place to drive and see. We started out and it was going pretty good Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Feb 26, 2017
- Reykjavik Today I got into Reykjavik at 3:30am, yes it was early. I got a tea at the airport and sat down and waited for three hours until I could get my rental car. At 8:00am I got the car and Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Feb 26, 2017
- Starting my trip to EuropeThe day has finally arrived for me to start the second semester of my traveling sabbatical. I really enjoyed my first semester and I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends on my trip to Europe. Of Posted by Daniellecand in Danielle's Sabbatical | Feb 24, 2017
- 7,000 Mile Road Trip Plus Iceland, Part 2Sunday morning. I had my oatmeal, then we took Holly for a long walk. After the walk, I took a quick shower and went over my final packing list. I am packing very light so I am leaving my laptop Posted by vegasmike6 in Mike's Adventures | Dec 24, 2016
- Day 8 - Blue Lagoon Last day in Iceland and it was Blue Lagoon day!
The bus transport picked me up at 8:30 am. They picked you up at your hotel by a little bus and take you to the bus station to get Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 29, 2016
- Day 7 - Back to ReykjavikMy time in the West Fjords has ended and today we said buy to Stella and headed back to Reykjavik.
We headed out at 10 am. The Arctic fox was back to bid us goodbye. On the way Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 27, 2016
- Day 6 - West Fjords Today was a slower paced day.
At breakfast, the hiker joined us before continuing on his journey to Isafjordur. We chatted a little a little more with him before he headed off. After breakfast, we started the day with Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 26, 2016
- Day 5 - IsafjordorThis morning came early after watching the Northern Lights for so long.
After breakfast we headed down to the fjord Mjoifjordur to kayak. The water was like glass and so very clear. There were some seals swimming around us trying to Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 26, 2016
- Day 4 - West FjordsStarted the morning with a knock on the door at around 5:30 am that the northern lights were out. They weren't strong, but still pretty cool to see. It made me wonder though if I had seen them as they Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 25, 2016
- Day 3 - Travel through West IcelandToday was a day of travel through West Iceland. I was picked up promptly at 9:30 am. Already in the van was one couple who was on the Golden Circle tour with me yesterday. We picked up another couple Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 24, 2016
- Day 2 - The Golden Circle Today's adventures took me to The Golden Circle.
First stop was at pingvellir National Park which is the site of Iceland's first parliament established in 930. It is also the site of a rift valley that marks the crest of Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 22, 2016
- Day 1 - Reykjavik I made it! Slept about 2 1/2 hours on the plane (less than 5 hours in the air). Had no issues getting my bag or finding the driver. The airport is very easy to get around. It Posted by dtbradley in Iceland | Oct 22, 2016
- FerðaáætluninNú er ferðaáætlunin okkar orðin nokkuð ákveðin. Eftir nokkra mánaða vangaveltur og valkvíða er nú búið að panta allt flug, alla gistingu og eitthvað til viðbótar.
Við leggjum af stað 17.nóvember n.k. og lendum aftur á Íslandi 3.janúar.
Fyrst er ferðin Posted by steinunnms in Hringferðin | Oct 3, 2016
- Iceland Part 227th August
Today we headed for Mývatn. It was a dismal day with low cloud and rain so unfortunately we did not get to see much of the scenery along the way. We went off road in the morning hoping to Posted by shaneandnicola in Our big retirement trip | Sep 5, 2016
- IcelandWe left Manchester Airport to travel to Keflavik Airport, Iceland. Posted by broadbenttravel in Broadbent | Aug 27, 2016