- ReykjavikReykjavik, population 200,000, is the capital of Iceland and is a pretty little city, dominated by the Hallgrímskirkja church. The day we were there it was a national celebration day which meant music from everywhere, every second building either Posted by Paul Tip in Iceland & Greenland 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- Out and about from ReykjavikGot a rental in Reykjavik to do a bit of site-seeing - was supposed to be a little four door but as we dropped the rental from 2 days to one 9 and because they were really busy we got Posted by Paul Tip in Iceland & Greenland 2015 | Aug 24, 2015
- On your bike18 Aug Today we had a 30km gentle bike ride up the back of the valley, we thought it was a scenic tour but it was more of a sprint race! great scenery though. Went biking abou Posted by Paul Tip in Iceland & Greenland 2015 | Aug 20, 2015
- Akureyritoday we made landfall at Akureyri. Coming in we saw whales, bit tricky to capture from the ship,
then when we went ashore and I found polar bears,
a puffin bird, a fr Posted by Paul Tip in Iceland & Greenland 2015 | Aug 17, 2015
- Chapter 1And so it has finally begun! With years saving up and months of prep, we have started our amazing world adventure together. Even before we met each other 3 odd years ago, we had a love of travel and with Posted by Kev n' Ariel in Kev n' Ariel's World Trek | Aug 15, 2015
- Iceland Part 2We had a short flight from Dublin to Keflavik Iceland today. The weather is much warmer now than it was back in April.
We walked from the airport to our accommodation. The ground was soft and felt like a spongy-memory-foam! We Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Aug 2, 2015
- A Year of Summer Ends in IcelandBy Arin
Is it ironic to end a year of hot places in the chilliest destination yet? Maybe, but a free stopover on our way back home was too good to pass up!
My mom and I travelled separately from Simon and Posted by Arin MacDyer in A Year of Summer | Aug 1, 2015
- Fire and IceBeen a couple of days so sorry for poor rate of updates but I have been trying to keep photos uploaded with with meaningful titles. You may not agree that the titles are meaningful as the names are impossible to Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 30, 2015
- Lots of "Wows" in IcelandAlready into our fourth day in Iceland and everywhere you look there is something to go "wow" at. We have perhaps been spoilt for waterfalls and they are now getting like European churches, Northern Territory gorges, and Pommie ducks. The Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 26, 2015
- No Update. Repeat No UpdateJust to let you all know that there is no update today, repeat, no update.
I was going to blog on about all the beautiful scenery, outrageous prices, and sensational beer in Iceland but had to spend the evening trying to Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 25, 2015
- Getting cross with IcelandFour cars, two buses and one drunk guy in a banana costume later we arrived in Skogar, our start point for what we had been told by locals, park ranger and friends would probably be the last walk we ever Posted by Venturediaries in How not to cross Iceland | Jul 22, 2015
- Land of Fire & Ice (Days 9-20)==Day 9 July 1, 2015== ===WEDNESDAY===
===[[http://youtu.be/Xjdkc14-zwQ|Riding Like The Wind]]===
I woke up this morning feeling I had got my fair s Posted by Dynosoarus in WorldRampage | Jul 12, 2015
- Land of Fire & Ice (Days 1-8)==Day 1 June 23, 2015== ===TUESDAY===
I have discovered time travel. Many have tried to find it's secrets. Some claim blue police boxes or early 80s automobiles, but the formula is simple.
1 travel shot of Posted by Dynosoarus in WorldRampage | Jul 5, 2015
- Iceland In August 2014 I was incredibly fortunate to visit Iceland for a conference. The only downside to travelling for work is the time restrictions; and with only three days to myself in Iceland I really had to prioritise. The first Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Jun 27, 2015
- Brainstorm, book and go!
'===Who'd have thought I would actually book it....==='
After long conversations with my closest friends and family I was ready to book my first long distance, travelling, holiday, alone. I had no idea where i wanted to go or what i Posted by Tribuzio in My gap fortnight and a half! | Jun 6, 2015
- ReykjavikDay One
My 3 hour flight from Nuuk is over and I'm in Iceland getting ready to start my stay in Europe. I arrive in Reykjavik at 9:00AM. The hotel I'm staying in while here in Iceland is the CenterHotel Skjaldbreid, Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 5, 2015
- Visiting Iceland On A Budget One of the first things you will probably think about when you hear Iceland (besides it's cold-which is not necessarily the case as New York winters can be colder) is that it's expensive. Although that can be true, there are Posted by HappyWanderer in Vacationing On A Budget | Jun 2, 2015
- Basic TravelsBASIC TRAVEL
കോട്ടയം ജില്ലയില് ഈരാറ്റുപേട്ട കേന്ദ്രമാക്കി 2006 മുതല് പ്രവര്ത്തിച്ചുവരുന്ന സ്ഥാപനമാണ് BASIC TRAVELS. ഒരു പതിറ്റാണ്ടിന്റെ പ്രവര്ത്തന കാലയളവില് മികച്ച സേവനം നല്കി ഈ രംഗത്ത് പ്രവര്ത്തിക്കുന്ന ഇതര സ്ഥാപനങ്ങളുടെ ഒപ്പമോ മുന്നിലോ എത്തുവാന് Posted by basictravels in Basic Travels | May 16, 2015
- IcelandKveðjur frá Íslandi!
After seven weeks of traveling solo, backup has finally arrived!
As much fun as it has been to explore Europe on my own, I couldn't be Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | May 14, 2015
- Black Sand and Green LightsFly North for three hours from London and you arrive in Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland. In a country of just over 300,000 people, around 125,000 Icelanders live in the city.
We landed late afternoon at what felt like an Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Apr 16, 2015
- ReykjavikWe were sorry to leave Akureyri as it was a very pleasant town but it was time to do the final part of Route1 and we were tackling the whole 485km to Reykjavik in one drive. Fortunatelt the weather was Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 15, 2015
- Exploring AkureyiWe were up quite late and after a leisurely breakfast we went for a walk around Akureyri. We started off by climbing the steps to the new church overlooking the town and visible from quite a distance. There was a Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 12, 2015
- On To AkureyriUnfortunately although the weather had become warmer it was also wet as we left Myvatn. We decided to go via Husavik to see if any Whale Watching trips were running. The weather was still bad when we got there and Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 12, 2015
- Lake MyvatnThere was a change in the weather overnight with snow storms at the start of the day so we didn't rush out but waited for the snow to stop and lingered over the very good breakfast. The weather then Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 11, 2015
- Heading NorthIt was another bright but freezing day when we left Fáskrúðsfjörður heading north away from the coast. We stopped to take a picture of the traditional open deck boat built by Einar Sigurdsson displayed on the 'lake' in the town Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 10, 2015