- Fire and IceBeen a couple of days so sorry for poor rate of updates but I have been trying to keep photos uploaded with with meaningful titles. You may not agree that the titles are meaningful as the names are impossible to Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 30, 2015
- Lots of "Wows" in IcelandAlready into our fourth day in Iceland and everywhere you look there is something to go "wow" at. We have perhaps been spoilt for waterfalls and they are now getting like European churches, Northern Territory gorges, and Pommie ducks. The Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 26, 2015
- No Update. Repeat No UpdateJust to let you all know that there is no update today, repeat, no update.
I was going to blog on about all the beautiful scenery, outrageous prices, and sensational beer in Iceland but had to spend the evening trying to Posted by mljjs in Lords and Lords of Fjords | Jul 25, 2015
- Getting cross with IcelandFour cars, two buses and one drunk guy in a banana costume later we arrived in Skogar, our start point for what we had been told by locals, park ranger and friends would probably be the last walk we ever Posted by Venturediaries in How not to cross Iceland | Jul 22, 2015
- Land of Fire & Ice (Days 9-20)==Day 9 July 1, 2015== ===WEDNESDAY===
===[[http://youtu.be/Xjdkc14-zwQ|Riding Like The Wind]]===
I woke up this morning feeling I had got my fair s Posted by Dynosoarus in WorldRampage | Jul 12, 2015
- Land of Fire & Ice (Days 1-8)==Day 1 June 23, 2015== ===TUESDAY===
I have discovered time travel. Many have tried to find it's secrets. Some claim blue police boxes or early 80s automobiles, but the formula is simple.
1 travel shot of Posted by Dynosoarus in WorldRampage | Jul 5, 2015
- Iceland In August 2014 I was incredibly fortunate to visit Iceland for a conference. The only downside to travelling for work is the time restrictions; and with only three days to myself in Iceland I really had to prioritise. The first Posted by LizaSopina in In the Land of Socialist Vikings | Jun 27, 2015
- Brainstorm, book and go!
'===Who'd have thought I would actually book it....==='
After long conversations with my closest friends and family I was ready to book my first long distance, travelling, holiday, alone. I had no idea where i wanted to go or what i Posted by Tribuzio in My gap fortnight and a half! | Jun 6, 2015
- ReykjavikDay One
My 3 hour flight from Nuuk is over and I'm in Iceland getting ready to start my stay in Europe. I arrive in Reykjavik at 9:00AM. The hotel I'm staying in while here in Iceland is the CenterHotel Skjaldbreid, Posted by Jules98 in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 5, 2015
- Visiting Iceland On A Budget One of the first things you will probably think about when you hear Iceland (besides it's cold-which is not necessarily the case as New York winters can be colder) is that it's expensive. Although that can be true, there are Posted by HappyWanderer in Vacationing On A Budget | Jun 2, 2015
- Basic TravelsBASIC TRAVEL
കോട്ടയം ജില്ലയില് ഈരാറ്റുപേട്ട കേന്ദ്രമാക്കി 2006 മുതല് പ്രവര്ത്തിച്ചുവരുന്ന സ്ഥാപനമാണ് BASIC TRAVELS. ഒരു പതിറ്റാണ്ടിന്റെ പ്രവര്ത്തന കാലയളവില് മികച്ച സേവനം നല്കി ഈ രംഗത്ത് പ്രവര്ത്തിക്കുന്ന ഇതര സ്ഥാപനങ്ങളുടെ ഒപ്പമോ മുന്നിലോ എത്തുവാന് Posted by basictravels in Basic Travels | May 16, 2015
- IcelandKveðjur frá Íslandi!
After seven weeks of traveling solo, backup has finally arrived!
As much fun as it has been to explore Europe on my own, I couldn't be Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | May 14, 2015
- Black Sand and Green LightsFly North for three hours from London and you arrive in Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland. In a country of just over 300,000 people, around 125,000 Icelanders live in the city.
We landed late afternoon at what felt like an Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Apr 16, 2015
- ReykjavikWe were sorry to leave Akureyri as it was a very pleasant town but it was time to do the final part of Route1 and we were tackling the whole 485km to Reykjavik in one drive. Fortunatelt the weather was Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 15, 2015
- Exploring AkureyiWe were up quite late and after a leisurely breakfast we went for a walk around Akureyri. We started off by climbing the steps to the new church overlooking the town and visible from quite a distance. There was a Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 12, 2015
- On To AkureyriUnfortunately although the weather had become warmer it was also wet as we left Myvatn. We decided to go via Husavik to see if any Whale Watching trips were running. The weather was still bad when we got there and Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 12, 2015
- Lake MyvatnThere was a change in the weather overnight with snow storms at the start of the day so we didn't rush out but waited for the snow to stop and lingered over the very good breakfast. The weather then Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 11, 2015
- Heading NorthIt was another bright but freezing day when we left Fáskrúðsfjörður heading north away from the coast. We stopped to take a picture of the traditional open deck boat built by Einar Sigurdsson displayed on the 'lake' in the town Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 10, 2015
- Into the FjordsAlthough the sun was shining when we set out it was freezing. There was so much ice under the car that turning was difficult so we had to melt off the ice to be able to drive. The road sign Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 10, 2015
- Waterfalls and IcebergsIt was another bright sunny day and we left Vik in ideal conditions for travelling over the sandy plains of Myrdalssandur and Skeidararsandur towards Skaftafell National Park. The coarse black sand can strip the paint from cars if the wind Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 9, 2015
- Selfoss to VikMonday dawned with clear blue skies but freezing! We had hoped to see the Northern Lights from our room but no luck so we were tired after trying to stay up. We enjoyed the good buffet breakfast then went for Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 9, 2015
- Geysir and GulfossWe woke to snow showers and wind which made driving difficult. After a roundabout journey through Reykjavik were set of on the road to Pingvellir but did not get far as it became impassable with snow so we turned back Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 9, 2015
- Exploring The Reykjanes PeninsulaWe left the UK on Friday night with a remarkably quick journey to Heathrow in rush hour which along with a delayed flight led to a long wait at the airport! We landed to freezing cold temperatures in the strong Posted by RoyandIngrid in Second Time Around | Apr 9, 2015
- ReykjavikIceland is beautiful. We only had two days here before we return to the states. So we spent our time enjoying just being in Iceland.
We walked around Reykjavik and made a few Icelandic friends. Who all laughed at our Posted by GraceD in Grace Dwomoh | Apr 8, 2015
- The Undiscovered CountryThe Undiscovered Country
We flew into Iceland in the middle of a dark, misty morning. Suffering a bit from jet-lag, we ambled through the quiet, Kevlavik Airport and managed to grab a bite to eat before boarding the Flybus for the Posted by woa in GandaTravel 2014-2015 | Apr 4, 2015