- Iceland: Reykjavik: Last Day at the Blue LagoonWe have made the most of the 17 hours of daylight in this country and boy are we exhausted. We have burned the candle at ALL ends—not just both! Even though the Blue Lagoon is a classic Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 3, 2014
- Iceland: Glaciers, Puffins and More Glaciers! We headed straight for Jokulsaron this morning. The glacier lake is pretty amazing. There are icebergs floating around in a lake and every now and again if you’re lucky you’ll spot sea lions playfully poking their heads out of Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 2, 2014
- Iceland On the roadIf I thought the weather was cold before,parts of today were bitter and with the chill factor in the wind up in the highlands I'm sure it was zero or below. We intended to take the track Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 17, 2014
- The Blue LagoonIf there is just one famous place to experience in Iceland, they will tell you it is the Blue Lagoon.
Now, I am usually skeptical of the "famous tourist location" because invariably they are over-priced, over-sensationalised and generally, a bit Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Aug 17, 2014
- 6 things to do in Reykavik
People always relate Iceland as cold, boring, and mysterious place in earth. True in certain extent that Iceland is cold (not as cold as you think) and mysterious due to the rich land f Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 17, 2014
- Ice Climbing Iceland
Mountain climbing is like a life lesson... when you climb you need courage and strength with prudence of course! Step by step, one at a time you conquer each step to achieve greater heig Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 16, 2014
- Lava Caving in Iceland
A great day out Lava Caving at Leiðarendi! Met new friends from Germany, 2 cool OZ boys and a nice Russian couple... small but really cool grp... not forgetting our superior Icelandic gui Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 16, 2014
- Iceland Reyjavík
Today we had an easy day walking around Rekjavík for our last day. The weather was sunny with some cloud but still only 12ᵒC and a biting wind. As well as revisiting places like the Perlan, we walked to a Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 16, 2014
- Iceland On the roadWe started our day by driving to the coast through Selfoss and down to the little village of Stokkseyri. As we entered the village we heard a thud thud sound and sure enough we had a flat tyre. Amazingly we Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 16, 2014
- Iceland On the roadToday we were again fortunate to have a mainly sunny day although cool. We started the day by driving to a magnificent gorge with beautiful rock formations and waterfalls along the river Pjórádalur. We were driving along a dirt road Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 14, 2014
- Iceland On the roadToday was our first really sunny day and we were very fortunate to spend it driving through the highlands surrounded by the most wonderful scenery. We headed off from Kirkjubæjarklaustur, where we stayed, on a dirt road to the Vatnajӧkull Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 13, 2014
- Southern Iceland: Land of Rainbows and Waterfalls Eeeeewww!!! The hot water in our guesthouse smelled like sulphur. Try bathing in that?! Apparently this is common in Iceland but from here on out we were going to try and avoid this! We got on the Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Aug 1, 2014
- Iceland On the road
Today we finally experienced some sunshine and a slightly warmer temperature. The sun shining on the glaciers was good for photographs. We left our magnificent hotel Fosshotel Vatnajӧkull Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 12, 2014
- Iceland On the road
Today we drove along the east coast going in and out of the fjords. The weather was overcast and the wind when you got out of the car to take photos just about blew you away. Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 11, 2014
- Iceland On the roadThe day stated without rain but soon clouded in to patchy rain. Once again the temperature was very cold about 7degrees max. We drove to our first waterfall- Godafoss small but attractive. O Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 10, 2014
- Wonderful West FjordsAnother morning, another Fokker 50. The beauty of adventure is never knowing what is going to happen.
On this Saturday morning, we arrived in Isafjodur, West Fjords' oldest trading post, nestled between two snow capped mountains. We were greeted Posted by fay_bee in Iceland 2014 | Aug 9, 2014
- Iceland: Reykjavik and the Golden Circle in One DaySo we have started our second Around the World Trip and are super excited to share our photos and experiences with you all! So here we go . . . .
Iceland wasn’t even a blip on our must-see Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jul 31, 2014
- Iceland On the roadWe left our guest house Lambastadir, after a hearty breakfast to begin our long drive through the centre of the island. Unfortunately the weather was cold and bleak with some heavy rain. Colder than Melbourne in the depths of winter, Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 8, 2014
- Iceland On the roadPicked up the car and started on our journey. It is a good 4x4 Toyota. The countryside is very bare. Virtually no trees. All lava flow rocks in most places covered with moss and lichen. We d Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 7, 2014
- Iceland ReyjavikWednesday 6th August
Weather sunny 11 - ~15ᵒC.
Arrived in Reykjavic at 6am (after an awful plane ride (5hrs) in small seats) and were picked up at the airport and driven 49km to our hotel Centerhotel Klops in downtown Reykjavic, great position. Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Aug 7, 2014
- Back in Reykjavik2 August 2014
Although we weren’t leaving until 9am I had an early breakfast so I could go for a walk. This place is really beautiful and I’d like to stay a bit longer … I‘d really like to see another Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 3, 2014
- Before Arriving In Paris First post on this blog and I hope I am doing this right! Really this just Chronicles the plane flight to Paris. During My Trip I Posted by ChazVeith in WanderingAroundParis | Aug 3, 2014
- near SauðárkrókurThe morning was crisp and clear and the sun shone on Húsavík. We were packed up and on the bus at 8am for the drive down the road to the harbour to pay our money for whale watching. The boats Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 2, 2014
- Húsavík againWe had a 9am booking for whale watching but the weather was still too bad for the boats to go out … very disappointing. Instead we spent the day exploring the Lake Mývatn area.
We had a walk around the Skútustaðagígar Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Aug 2, 2014
- HúsavíkThis is day 50 of my journey. I'm really tired of living out of a suitcase but the thought of seeing something new each day still excites me and I'm not ready to come home yet. Only another 25 days Posted by MissWalker in Jen's Journey | Jul 31, 2014