- New travel pals join our foodie adventureIndia has not disappointed us this Christmas and New Year. We've taken an 8 hour government ferry ride from Kollam to Alleppey, peacfully gliding at 2 miles an hour through Kerala's backwaters and spying on its neighbours bathing, boating and Posted by lewyandkerri in Delhi belly. Fact or fiction? | Jan 5, 2017
- Day Six - Unwanted Hisses and Not So Near Misses
We were out of the front door just gone eight and on our way out we left Vishnu the sheet secreter with a kings ransom of a tip. Ingenuity and efficiency are qualities we appreciate!
The atmosphere at base camp Posted by ibeamish in The Race for India | Jan 4, 2017
- RishikeshWhat an amazing day! Our first full day in India. We started out getting up at 4am as we went to bed with the alarm set for 5 o’clock but woke before it went off as we were Posted by thorogoodsindia in India 2017 | Jan 4, 2017
- The adventure begins...Tuesday 2nd January 2017
As I sit eating my poached eggs on toast (that's right - its not just curry for breakfast, lunch and dinner) overlooking the unspoilt sea,I think over what the last few days have been like. Here's a Posted by SusieRout in Popped out to lunch.... | Jan 1, 2017
- Arrived SafelyWow, I remember why I hate to fly! I hate confined space, I hate the stale air and mostly I hate being however many thousands of feet (I shouldn't even think about it) in the air, big fear of Posted by thorogoodsindia in India 2017 | Jan 3, 2017
- Day Four - Gearing UpThe handle cranked upwards in the left hand as gentle pressure was applied to the throttle. Tony's 2-stroke heart roared to life. Tony is a quality piece of kit
We bumped into several other 'Runners' today but the most noticeable was Posted by ibeamish in The Race for India | Jan 2, 2017
- Day Two - Ferry Good Taxi
At Kochin airport we changed some money and jumped into a private hire taxi that would take us to Fort Cochin where we would be staying. Now we mentioned Emma and Alasdair earlier. They are both our running mates in Posted by ibeamish in The Race for India | Jan 1, 2017
- Pondicherry ponderingsDay 10 - Tuesday 27/12/16 - Pondicherry
Not a completely lost day. We dragged ourselves into an auto and took a trip into White Town. R100 each way.
We spent much of the afternoon sitting on a bench on Beach Posted by Vicschu in Southern India 2016-2017 | Dec 30, 2016
- Random clicks of my backyard!!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/la Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Dec 27, 2016
- Protect your bags from thief on Indian trainsThe main problem facing with Indian trains are the thiefs. Here is some tips to don’t lose your bag from train when you are traveling solo.
Lock the zib with a good lock and keep the key
Use Chain to lock your Posted by arunharidas in Magician Traveller | Dec 27, 2016
- Days 7 - 9 - PondicherryDay 7 - Saturday 24/12/16 - Mahabilipurum - Pondicherry
We awoke this morning to the sounds of an impromptu cricket match in the antiquities park across the road whilst a group of saffron clad men walked past beating drums and chanting Posted by Vicschu in Southern India 2016-2017 | Dec 26, 2016
- 2016~6th~9th SEPTEMBER~RETURNING TO LEH
==Day 22 – 6th September - Back to Normality==
Our seven days in the Nubra Valley had sadly come to an end and today we simply had to leave due to the Protected Area Pemit expi Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Dec 26, 2016
- Days 4 - Day 6
Day 4 - 21/12/16 Chennai
We were finally able to remit payment to the walking co so we are ok for this afternoon. We met Rucha's husband Ashish Gupta.
This morning we went off to Fort St George museum. This was the Posted by Vicschu in Southern India 2016-2017 | Dec 23, 2016
- chennaiDay 1 - 18/12/16 Caves Beach en route to Chennai
We drove down to Rockdale, dropped Ducati with the young Browns and after a tearful farewell from Dom, Fiona dropped us at the airport.
I received an email on the Posted by Vicschu in Southern India 2016-2017 | Dec 22, 2016
- IndiaSo, India. Where to start?
First of all, we weren't able to collect any Indian Rupees from Birmingham airport and so we decided we would get them from Delhi airport when we arrived. Well when we arrived, it turned out that Posted by Millypaulrtw in Dream Come True | Dec 21, 2016
- So far - only sun, sea and sensational food to reportIt's been a whirlwind of a year. We've moved from London to Bristol, quit jobs that we loved, bought our very own house (which we feel very lucky to have) and boarded a plane to India to escape the rat Posted by lewyandkerri in Delhi belly. Fact or fiction? | Dec 20, 2016
- 2016~4th~5th SEPTEMBER SUMUR
==Day 20 – 4th September - On The Move Again==
Despite Jean having to get up a few times in the night (that's all the water Graham made her drink), she woke feeling much bett Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Dec 18, 2016
- Agra and Gwalior[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/India/|India photos]]
I have to be honest, India is undoubtedly the most exhausting and difficult country I have ever travelled to. I’ve never felt such a burning desire to escape a Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Dec 17, 2016
- Jaipur and Pushkar[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/India/|India photos]]
I concluded my Rajasthani tour in probably the state’s two most touristic destinations: Jaipur and Pushkar. Jaipur is one corner of the overhyped “Golden Trian Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Dec 13, 2016
- Cochin, IndiaThursday, December 1
(We apologize for this entry being out of order. We had to wait till we reached land on Dec. 11 where we had access to unlimited wifi in order to add the photos. The editing Posted by HosMiniTravels in Travels to Asia | Dec 11, 2016
- 2016 ~ 2nd~3rd SEPTEMBER~DISKIT & HUNDER
==Day 18 – 2nd September - Don't Eat The Aloo Gobi==
Bags packed and breakfasted, Saskia and the Kellies said goodbye to Zen and headed out across the fields down towards the r Posted by kellytours in KELLY TOURS | Dec 11, 2016
- 3 days in Varanasi
There isn't a more Indian city then Varanasi, and you feel it as soon as you step of a train. The smell, the noise, the traffic the hustle... Even after spending two Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Dec 10, 2016
- Darjeeling toy train
===About the Train===
According to Wikipedia:
[i]The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, also known as the "Toy Train", is a 2 ft (610 mm) narrow gauge railway that runs between New Jal Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Dec 9, 2016
- Udaipur[[http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/gallery/users/Liamps/countries/India/|India photos]]
Never mock the value of a holiday from a holiday, especially while travelling in a country such as India. As everyone knows, backpacking is obviously one of th Posted by Liamps in Liam's Globo Trip | Dec 6, 2016
- Not a travel story this time... but a movieBahniman... the movie
It would not be wrong to say that as a mainstream commercial cinema, Bahniman is one of the few bilingual films to be made in Assamese.
Biswajeet Bora, the director, story and screenplay writer of the film, started his Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Dec 6, 2016